Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

HEARTFELT JUSTICE

Shiro Ki Savage

Super-Earth
PREFACE

YEAR UNKNOWN
TIME UNKNOWN
"CEREBRA"
'CHRONICLES'

"HELLO. I am Cerebra, a sentient - a sense perception or conscious - if you will. I am the computer that runs the Savage house hold. From the computers to security systems to household electric appliances, to keeping tabs on each family member. Which is part of my job. Right now the Savage members are all sleeping? Why? you ask. Because the planet we were on was destroyed when both of its suns went NOVA. At the same time. Those in the house, friends of the family and family members - all Twenty Six of them - are in deep sleep."

The voice fell silent which left the sound of soft clicks and whirrs. It was the ships system in action as it drifted through space. But there before the systems, stood a figure that was beautiful and yet something didn't seem right about her. Maybe it was the fact that you could see everything through her. Something she and the family she guarded would understand.

With her hands clasped behind her back, the holographic woman began to walk from one end of the room to the other. Not paying attention to the fact that she was walking through the items and objects in the room, a smile curving her lips as she spoke again, her voice beautiful and mystic.

"You are probably wondering why they sleep!"

"Well, because of the blast that destroyed the planet Sisilici, because of the double NOVA"S, than being sucked into a black hole, which caused my systems to malfunction. For the blast rocked through the house causing explosions, which than set off my fire systems."

A deep sigh echoed about the empty room as the holoform wrapped her arms about her waist.

"But sadly, before all the fires could be extinguished, a side of the house turned ship exploded. Leaving a huge hole outside, while we were in the black hole, causing the fires to die and the oxygen to be sucked out of the ship. I acted as fast as my shorting cerrcuts allowed and put all members into deep sleep stasis, and right now, I am drifting through a universe that I don't recognize. For none of it has been charted -Not By Me- anyway."

"So," shoulders shrugged as another sigh slipped from her. "I have no data as to where I am, let alone if it's ever been charted. Period!"

For several more minutes, she stood still before smiling and moved forward, to run her hands across the keyboard and several images popped op. Though there were several pictures, she clicked on only one and smiled again when a larger picture flashed before her and read the name. "CYBRA" Alyxandria Lynix Savage.

"You are probably wondering what I want. Nothing. I am...I am bored. Weird isn't it!? Why?" Laughter drifting about the room. "Cause I've never been bored before, that's why. Anyway, to get back to what I was saying. I'm drifting through unfamiliar space, slowly rejuvenating _ What? Oh, I didn't tell you that I can do that! Well, I am a sentient being so it's only logical that I can heal myself. But its taking a while so I don't know what time it is, nor how long I have been drifting, let alone how long the family's been sleeping."

Another deep sigh as the figure stood still, her eyes on the picture and file before her on the screen, a slow smile curved her lips as she looked at the screen.

"Now why did I tell you that?" she said, turning to finally look at the small flying ball - Camus' snitch - which was recording her, while it fluttered beside her. "Maybe because I wanted you to know that what I am about to tell you is something I know personally."

"How? you ask. Because when Syn enter acts with me, enters my system, or links with me, her memories - which are Cy's memories also become mine. And what I want to tell you is the life story of how Cy became what she is, as well as who she is."

"What?"

Giggling, Cerebra shook her head even as she smiled, her head cocked sideways, the smile bright and her eyes aglow.

"Why would you ask if Cy would be upset if I told You! No," her head shook from side to side. "She wont. Why?"

Laughter once again erupts from the holoform. "It's because she has told several people her life story, though not in full detail or all of it. And that's where I come in."

"How!"

"Easy," her lips form a smile, "Well, I have chronicled all of everything Cy has ever done, straight down to this moment. I believe that it all needs to be known so that people will stop condemning her for what she is, and see what she does instead."

Her eyes became clouded by the sadness that showed on her face even though she was smiling.

"This story begins long before I was ever discovered. Long before you, my little friend was ever created. Long before the family. Back before Cy was Cy. Back when she was fully Alyxandria Lynix Savage. Long before Syn became a part of her. When her father, Dr. Sandar Savage was still alive. To the day that was suppose to be the most happiest for Dr. Savage and his lover, Frank Black. The day of their union."

Tears were slipping down her cheeks as she swallowed the cry that lodged in her throat. Though she smiled -shakily- and wiped them away.

"That's when everything fell apart and the beginning of two different lives began...........

BRONX N.Y.
SAT. 12
1999, 2pm.

ONE

THE EXPECTED DAY dawned and it was a beautiful day. A day that would always be remembered. For this was the day that he and Frank will officially become a couple, and in front of all their friends and loved ones.

He smiled at Frank, who stood beside him, only to have his attention caught by the sound of a powerful engine and turned to watch as his daughter pulled up to the curb across the street. His smile grew when she slid from her 1968 GT Shelby Mustang, closing the door only after her constant shadow leaped out.

It was quiet, and he knew that it was because of Alyx, as she crossed the street and started up the steps towards where he and Frank stood before Father John. For she was beautiful with her hip length silver black streaked tawny gold hair, which whipped about her, do to the wind. As well as the azure colored dress she wore, hugging her lithe form, making her look older than her 17 years.

'Eighteen tomorrow!' he thought, with a shake of his head. 'They sure grow up fast, and if you were here Nora, you would be very happy and proud with the way she has grown and matured.'

Just as she reached the sixth step from the top, Sander watched as she jerked and stopped in mid step, even as blood exploded from her chest, which she looked down at and rose a trembling hand to touch the spreading redness before looking back up at him, shock on her face. But than a second burst of blood erupted from her forehead even as her body slowly toppled sideways to land with a solid thud, followed by a second, heavier thud. The echo of gunshots being drowned out by the screams of fear and horror, so no one heard the last two shots that followed. Not until Sandar jerked as they tore into his body, to join the first two, as he moved towards the motionless form of his daughter and ZI. The force of the last two bullets hitting, twisted him sideways, causing him to collapse as Frank grabbed for him.

"Sweet Mary, no...." he whispered, as he recalled the blank look on his daughters face, as her bright eyes dulled, as she collapsed.

Frank held Sandar as people screamed and ran, wondering who would want to shoot Alyx, let alone Sandar. 'Oh God, give me strength!' he prayed silently, even as he smiled down at Sandar, though it was wobbly.

"Easy Sandy. Help is on the way. Don't move, stop trying to get up. It will only make it worse." he said, gently caressing Sandar's cheek, wiping blood from his lips along with brushing his damp hair back from his forehead.

Only to look over at Alyx, where she lay. Sightless eyes staring up towards them, with ZI beside her, only to look away and bowed his head at Sandy's question.

Sandar was happy that Frank was holding him, but his heart ached at what he had seen just seconds ago. For his heart told him that his daughter needed help, but his mind told him she was already gone. 'Gods, please no, please...'

Frank watched as the Ambulance pulled up and two paramedics jumped out, and rushed up the stairs towards them, just as a second one pulled up. By then, Frank was covered in Sandy's blood, only to look down at the man he loved.

"Frank," he gasped, as the paramedics finally reached them and proceeded to work on him. "Lyx, she was hit also. Is she going to be alright?" He asked, gripping his lover's hand, hoping that Lyx was alive. That what he had seen wasn't true.

But when Frank bowed his head, his eyes closed and his long hair hiding his face, he knew that his daughter was dead, and cried as he closed his eyes, his tears mixing with the blood from his mouth, glad that Frank still held him. But not for long as he looked up at Frank and gripped his hand tighter, getting his attention.

"Make them pay, Frank." he gasped, coughing up more blood, ignoring the paramedics who were trying to put the oxygen mask over his face, weakly slapping their hands away.

"You know what I want done, Frank. Y-you kn-know wh-where to go! Do It! Do it for me, for L-lyx. Make them Pay!" he cried, as he tightened his hold on Franks hand until the other man grimaced and loosened his hold. Only to sigh when he smiled.

"I will Sandy, I will." replied Frank, smiling as he released his hand as tears slid down his cheeks, as the Paramedics lifted him up onto the stretcher and hurried down the steps to place him on the bed before they rolled him towards the ambulance and lifted him into it. He stood there as they drove off, before turning back to the second pair of paramedics who where about to zip up Alyxandria's body bag.

"No stop!!" he snapped, moving towards them stopping beside them. "I want ZI with her. They are not to be separated."

Bending, he closed her eyes. Ignoring the blood as he did, that made its way down between her eyes over her cheek and onto her neck before disappearing further in. Than straightened and motioned for them to do as he stated, only to stare at them when one of them opened his mouth to object, but snapped his mouth shut. They lifted the two hundred pound wolf, grunting under the weight, and laid him on top of Alyxandria than zipped it up. With grunts they lifted the body bag and placed it in the back of the second ambulance. As he watched it drive off, he saw his Chief pull up and stepped out of his unmarked car and head for him, along with one other officer.

'Great, just what I need.' he muttered silently, even as he waited for Chief Smithers to reach him and tried to keep his pain in check even as his heart broke and wept.

Chief Smithers kept his gaze on Detective Black as he made his way up the stairs towards him, angry that he hadn't told him the truth about the ceremony that was going on, just thirty minutes earlier. 'Though I know why he didn't,' he thought with a sigh as he stopped beside him and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Frank."

Frank nodded, but kept silent cause he feared that if he tried to say anything, he would loose what little control he had and didn't want that. He couldn't afford it. Not now.

Chief Smithers watched the emotion that flashed across Frank's face and sighed as he squeezed his shoulder. "Look, I know that you want to go to the hospital to be with Dr. Savage, but we need a statement Frank. We need your statement." he said, turning to look at the younger man, who looked pale in his tuxedo, what with the splatter of blood on his face and tux, as well as his pants.

Frank sighed, as he closed his eyes, even as he nodded. 'I'll be there soon, love.' he whispered silently, as he proceeded to tell his Chief everything that had happened.

8:00 p.m. Saturday Evening

It was six hours later when Frank walked into St. Ann's Memorial Hospital lobby and nodded at the nurse who sat behind the desk and smiled slightly when she told him what room Dr. Savage was in and headed for the elevator. He still wore his bloody Tux and his waist length red hair hung loose from the ponytail he had had it in earlier. His complexion and face looked pale and hagered with pain.

Stepping out of the elevator on the third floor, he made his way down the hall and saw a doctor and nurse step out of Room 314 and hurried forward. He knew that he didn't present a nice view since his tux was splattered with dried blood, and could not bring himself to change.

"Excuse me, Doctor." he called out, before the Doctor could move off, coming to a stop beside him. "Sorry to stop you, but this is Dr. Savages room, isn't it!?"

Dr. Phillip Cortez stared at the man beside him even as he acknowledged that yes this was the Dr's room. "Yes it is. May I help you?'

Frank shook his head at the Dr's question. "No, I don't need help. But I would like to ask you how Dr. Savage is doing."

Dr. Cortez stared at the man before him and recognized the Tux he wore. For it was identical to the one that had been cut from Dr. Savage. 'He must have been the one he was joining with today!' he thought and sighed softly.

"The first two bullets slammed into his left leg and his gut. The third and fourth striking his right shoulder, shattering upon impact, the fourth in the chest to lodge inches from his heart." replied Dr. Cortez, as he looked at the clipboard he held, before looking back at the young man beside him.

"He crashed twice during operation and right now he is on a heart regulator and breathing machine. But what puzzles me is that there were two other types of blood upon the bullets that we pulled from his leg and gut."

"Positive AB?" he asked. Dr. Cortez didn't have to confirm it, cause his surprised look did.

"Yes," replied the Dr. as he watched the young man. "Do you know who's blood this is?" he asked, puzzled by the pained look that crossed the young man's face before it went blank except for the eyes.

Frank nodded at the Dr's. question, seeing the image again -Alyx dropping dead followed by ZI, before Sandy collapsed in his arm's - as he spoke. "The first two bullets slammed through his daughter, killing her. The one from her forehead slammed into ZI, her pet, before exiting and hitting Dr. Savage. The second exited from her chest."

"I think that the one from Alyx's forehead struck his stomach and the one from her chest stuck his leg. That's the only conclusion I can think of." replied Frank, as he swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked at the Dr.

"Is he going to be alright? He'll live, right?" he asked.

Before Dr. Cortez could answer, alarms went off in the room belonging to Dr. Savage. Frank stood there as the Doctor, followed by the nurse who stood beside him, pushed into the room soon followed by two more nurses. He watched from the doorway as they worked on Sandar, who had just crashed, again. Though he wasn't sure exactly since he could hardly hear what the doctor was saying cause of the noise.

What seemed like hours but was only minutes later, Dr. Cortez, followed by the three nurses came out of the room. The nurse's saying nothing as they walked past him, though the last one gave him a soft smile as she followed the first two.

He turned to the Dr. when he stepped out of the room and stood cleaning his glasses before slipping them back on and looked over at him.
"I'm sorry, Sir. But to answer your questions. I can't honestly say yes or no, cause he's not responding much. This," he waved towards the room behind him. "is the fourth time he has crashed like this and he may do it again later or even tomorrow." replied Dr. Cortez as he motioned towards the seats behind Frank and sat down seconds after Frank.

"Look, I'm not going to say he is dying or that he will be up and walking in a week if his leg let's him." Dr. Cortez said as he looked at Frank and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Sir. But right now he is fighting for his life and so are we. Dr. Savage is highly respected and loved; and we will do everything we can. But I an=m not going to build up your hopes." With that Dr.Cortez stood laid a hand on Frank's shoulder and squeezed gently, even as he smiled softly before he turned and headed down the hallway.

Only to stop halfway and turn back. "If you want, you may go in and see him, but not for long. He needs as much rest as he can get."

Frank sat there for several long minutes after Dr. Cortez left and wondered what he could do, let alone how. With a sigh, he stood and headed into the room, pulled a chair up to the bed and sat down. Gently he took Sandy's left cool hand into his and held it against his cheek as tears silently slid down his cheeks though he made no sound.

10:00 p.m. SATURDAY EVENING, TWO HOURS LATER

Frank woke with a start and realized that a hand was weakly caressing his head and sat up to see that Sandy was awake though groggy looking. 'Probably from the pain killers.' he thought. Only to smile when Sandy did, though it was weak and hidden by the mask.

"Hey!"

Sandy, or Sandar, smiled at the huskiness in Franks voice as he squeezed his hand. He wanted to ask him about Alyx but couldn't cause of the hose down his throat. So instead, he moved his right hand as if he was writing and saw Frank nod as he stood up and theft the room.

Frank hurried down the hall and retrieved a notepad and pen from the night Nurse than hurried back to Sandy. Once in the room, he sat down, handing over the pad and pen to him.

Though the tube and mask hid most of it, he smiled again before he took the pad and pen, than proceeded to write.

:Where is Alyx, Frank? Is she safe?: he wrote, looking up at his love who sat forward to read what he wrote.

"Ya. She is safe, as is ZI." replied Frank as he looked at Sandy, before looking back down.

:Where?!:

"Here. In the Morgue."

:Good,:

Sandar lay there his eyes closed. At first Frank thought that he had fallen back to sleep, until he looked at him and smiled again.

:You changed yet?!:

Frank shook his head as he stood up. He still wore the Tux, except for the jacket, which was draped over the chair. He sat back down, leaned forward and watched as Sandy began to write again and waited. 'Please God, if you will, let him live. I love him so.' he whispered softly.

Sandy watched as Frank stood up and saw that he did indeed still have the Tux on and smiled as he returned his attention back to the pad.

: Do you mind if we continue the ceremony? Or would you like to forget it? Cause if so, I would love to finish. Marrying you that is, if you don't mind.: he wrote, hoping with every fiber of his being that Frank still wanted to be his mate just as much as he wanted to be his. He looked up as he finished writing, wanting to see his reaction and was overjoyed by his reaction.

Frank stared at the words before him and felt his heart leap with joy at what he read and looked up at Sandy and the hope in his grey eyes, and couldn't help the roughness in his voice as he stood up and gently hugged Sandy as he leaned over the bed and answered his question.

Back
Top Bottom