Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tales of the Lost Island [nightsorceress and solitaryman]

Grant chose a trail that led inland over the center of the island. He used the wisp of smoke from the tree house kitchen stove as a landmark, and also used his compass to figure out where he was. He stopped at a small stream and splashed water on his face to cool off, and then filled his water canteen. He wasn't worried about Lillian, he knew she could take care of herself, having survived this long. He was more worried about the men of the other ship that had tried to take her. He hoped they, like the Sea Witch, had departed as well, which was part of the reason for his 'exploration.'

Lillian swam in the fresh water loving the feeling of the cool water over her flesh. She swam to the waterfall and stood under it letting the water wash her hair and body. She stood on a rock above the water under the falls letting the water work tired and sore muscles it reminded her of how grant rubbed her shoulders.

Grant's exploration took him further inland and then he decided to turn back towards the tree house. He came to the fresh water where he saw Lillian swimming and standing under the waterfall. He smelled himself, and decided it was time for a bath as well. He unbuckled his gun belt, and then took off his clothes, canteen, and pouch. Setting all on a pile, he dove into the water not making much of a splash, and began to swim about.

Lillian did not hear him jump into the water as the sound of the waterfall was louder than his splash. She also had her eyes closed as she stood under the water enjoying the feeling. She was humming to herself as she ran her hands through her long hair over and over again.

Grant swam over towards the waterfall, and saw her eyes closed and her hands running through her long hair. He saw her body silhouetted in the rushing water, and picked out her belly button and other curvy assets. He did not say anything as he did not want to startle her. He tread water and watched her for a moment, then went back under water and resumed swimming about the fresh water, he himself felt refreshed as he continued to swim.

Lillian if ally had her fill of the waterfall and opened her eyes slowly she was shocked to find Grant there in the water. She jumped off the rock and into the water covering herself. She looked at him "what are you doing here I thought you went off exploring, how long have you been here, and what did you see" she fired off her questions quickly still in shock

Grant watched her jump off the rock and into the water, the water covered her as he tread water. "Exploring, I headed up the middle of the island and circled back. I was hot, and sweaty and found this place. So I jumped in and feel quite refreshed. " He paused as he continued to tread water and look at her. "I saw nothing but quite a beautiful woman, and I am quite surprised you so self conscious, considering you've lived her alone." He playfully splashed some water at her, and then smiled.

"Well my father told me not to let any man see me with out my clothes, unless he was my husband, I am not sure what a husband is but I am pretty sure your not it" she bit her lip a moment she then splashed him back easily trending the water

Grant said nothing back, and enjoyed when she splashed him back. He turned in the water and swam to shore, got out and dried himself off before getting dressed, putting his gun belt and gear back on, and then disappeared again back into the jungle.

Lillian sighed when he got out of the water and left. Once he was gone she swam to shore got dressed and then headed back to the tree house not sure where he went. Once she was back in the tree house she got herself a piece of fruit and took it to the balcony having a seat and ate

Grant continued to explore the island and get his bearings. He had not ventured, yet, the upper part of the island. Instead he stayed from the middle down, for the time being. He found the ruins and could understand whey they occurred. A heavy rain always washed out the area, which made sense why the tree house was built. It was getting close to supper time, by now, and Grant headed back to the tree house .

As the day went on Lillian knew she had to get dinner, so she grabbed her spear and headed to the water to fish. When she caught her fill she walked home to the tree house, on her way she grabbed some banana leafs. Once home she cleaned the fish and wrapped them in the leaves and started to slow roast them over the fire. She waited for Grant to return home

Grant's return to the tree house took him out to the beach. He walked along the beach and looked out into the ocean. He finally returned to the clearing where the tree house was, and he smelled the fish cooking. He came up the ladder, "I'm home Lillian, smells like fresh fish cooking." He smiled as he took off his gun belt, as well as unslung his pouch from his left shoulder.

Grant had been on the island now for a month. Lillian had now shown him every inch of the island, including the best places to find food. Lillian loved showing him the island however at times she had to slow down has he has not be raised to climb trees, and swing on vines like monkeys or swim like a fish skills Lillian learned as she grew up on the island.

Lillian continued to ask questions about where Grant came from, she had a thrust for knowledge about places and things she did not know about. He was doing his best to explain it to her.

Something else happen in that month however Lillian started to fall in love with Grant although she did not know it, the new feelings were scary to her and she tried to suppress them because she thought they were wrong.

One month had passed rather quickly for Grant. He was busy with his own exploring as well as learning from Lillian all the things he could about his new home. He let his hair grow longer and also sported a beard by now. He had pretty much shed his civilized clothes and instead only wore his boots, as well as his pants, now cut down to shorts.

He learned rather quickly about climbing trees, and swinging on the vines, although he preferred ground travel where he could. Within the month he could spear fish as well as well as Lillian, and his swimming abilities improved.

At night he would try to answer Lillian's questions about the world they now had both left behind. It was hard, but he tried the best he could. He could sense a closeness developing between them, and it was more than just inhabiting the island together.

It was late at night and Lillian could not sleep. She quietly got out of bed walking passed his room and went down stairs. She sat in front of the fire that was dying out in the stove, she watching it. Inside she was battling her feelings part of her longed to climb in bed with Grant to be wrapped up in his arms, but she was afraid of those feelings she didn't understand why she felt that way

Grant was sleeping, as he laid on his back, uncovered as the warm breeze came in from the sea. He thought he heard footsteps outside his room, and awoke. He looked around, took his pistol, a Wembley revolver he kept on the nightstand by his bed, and got up. He came down stairs after leaving his room, the pistol gripped in his right hand. He lowered it and smiled when he saw it was Lillian. He put the gun in the waistline of his shorts and walked up beside her, and sat down in front of the stove, after he built up the flame inside with some wood.

"Can't sleep, must be something on your mind," he then sat down beside her and watched the fire with her, now built up with the addition of the wood.

Lillian head turn sharply when she heard foot steps behind her. She was glad to see it was Grant. She watched as he sat next to her. "I am sorry if I woke you I didn't mean too, your right I couldn't sleep so I came down here."

Grant nodded, and looked at her, "Usually when I don't sleep too well, something is on my mind, you know I am always here to listen, and I will answer your questions as best as I can, as I always have for you." His right hand softly stroked her hair as he looked at her by the light of the fire.

Lillian looked at him she wanted to tell him, but she was not sure if she should she bit her lip a little "I don't know what's wrong with me I just feel different"

Grant nodded, "I think that happens to all of us, especially when we develop feelings for each other." He wasn't sure how he was going to explain love to her, being her parents never had that talk with her before they died. "Sometimes it is best to follow those feelings and see what happens." He talked to her softly as he stroked her hair softly with his right hand.

Lillian looked down she couldn't look at him as she spoke "but what if those feelings are wrong." She spoke softly and meekly

"Sometimes the only way you find out they're wrong is to follow them," Grant replied softly. He saw her look down at him, "I guess it's about me, isn't it?" He stopped stroking her hair and watched her.

Lillian looked up sharply when he asked if it was about him. She just starred in disbelief for a long moment. "How did you know"

Grant smiled slightly, "I just figured it might be, wanna talk about it?" He then adjusted the wood in the fire to make more light for them.

Back
Top Bottom