Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tales of the Lost Island [nightsorceress and solitaryman]

Lillian looked at him from her tree. There was hardly any expression on her face "it's been a long time since I saw you I can't trust you not yet you could be here to hurt me as my father warned men may do." She paused "I am the only one on this island my parents are dead" she pointed down below the tree there was to grave markers. She once again spoke if she had no feeling with in her

What she said made sense to Grant, her father did have a survivor's instinct about him. He spotted her knife on the belt around her dress, as well as her belly button in a vertical oval. "Your father taught you well, Lillian, yet he would want you to trust me, he trusted me to make sure I took care of things back home." He looked to the direction of the grave markers, and then walked over to them. He removed his hat and paid his respects to her parents. Then he came back to the tree, and looked up. "There was a medical doctor that sailed with the Corinthian, a Dr. Anton Drager. He was traveling with your father as far as Sierra Leone...do you remember of him Lillian?" It didn't sound promising, to Grant, since she said she was the only one on the island.

Lillian did not budge from the tree as he said she should trust him. She watched as he moved to her parents grave she made sure try anything but he simply took off his hat stood there a moment and the. Stepped back. "My parents and I were the only that made it off the ship alive the crew made sure it not wanting to see a woman and child be killed by the storm and the made sure my father went with us to ensure our safety"

Grant nodded, "It would appear so, not much is left of the ship except the tip of the main mast that we saw when the tide was out. We're going to check the island just to make sure. We're going to camp down at the beach, feel free to stop and see me." He waved to Lillian and left the clearing.

Lillian was not happy that he was staying and was going to explore the island. She had spent 13 years on this island she knew every inch of it like she knew herself. Once he was gone she climbed out of the tree and into her tree house.

She stayed there for many hours until evening but then she started to wonder about grant and his camp. She dropped the ladder from her tree house and climbed down. She made her way towards his camp but staying in the tree line not wanting him to see her. Once she arrived she hid behind a rock and watch them

Grant and the others had made camp at the edge of the trees along the beach. They built a fire with driftwood and other wood, and it lit up the camp. The sillouhette of the Seawith could be seen out in the water. The longboat was secured at the edge of the water, and the surf washed up gently onto the water's edge. Grant sat by the fire and read from a journal he had dusted off after he found it in the ruins further inland. It was Dr. Drager's and told that he had washed ashore further away from where the Corinthian had wrecked. He did not know the Harts had been there. There was an incomplete entry, the last...and that was when he apparently died. His skeletal remains were found inside the broken down house, Grant and the others had buried him.

The men of the other ship, unbeknownst to Grant or Lillian, from the ship on the upper end of the island, had came ashore for water and to scout. One of them saw Lillian behind the rock, snuck up behind her and bonked her on the back of her head with the handle of his gun.

Lillian watched the men trying to figure out if they were safe or not. She saw grant sitting by the fire reading from a book, he seemed wrapped up in it to notice what the rest of the crew was doing. She was going to leave when suddenly there was a sharp pain on the back of her head and then she fell to the ground.

The crewman from the merchant raider saw Grant and the others camped on the beach and stayed out of sight behind the rock where Lillian had hid. The Seawitch crew didn't know he was there. He looked down at her, rolled her over on her back, moved her arms over her head, and started to search her.

Lillian laid there for a moment allowing him time to begin to search her. But then she started to come too. It took her a moment to focus but when she was able to she felt his hands on her. She kicked him in the groin when he stumbled back she stood up reaching for her knife ready to cut him should he make a move. "Get the hell out of here" her voice was loud but she was not concerned if anyone heard her she needed to keep this guy away from her.

The merchant raider's crewman had started to reach for his pistol, tucked into his pants' belt, but knew the Seawitch crew had been warned by her yelling. Grant and the others looked towards the rocks and saw Lillian, and a glimpse of the crewman. They grabbed their guns and hurried to the rocks, a couple of the Seawitch crew firing their rifles at the fleeing man. While Captain Jones and the crewmen took after him, Grant stayed with Lillian, and put his gun back in the flapped holster on his right hip. "Are you alright, what happened?"

Lillian saw him reach for gun and she was ready to strike but she did not have to as the crew from the seawitch was already after than she saw Grant come up next her she looked at him. "I knew people could not be trusted." She said thinking this man worked for him. She started to walk off angry holding the back of her head. But she was getting dizzy and had to stop.

Grant followed after her, "Lillian that man was not part of our crew. He had to attack you from behind, which means there's another ship around this island. Our men went after him, you should see that the Seawitch and its crew are trustworthy. " He saw that she was dizzy and went to help her.

Lillian whipped around which was not a good idea as she got even dizzer and lost her footing she tried to catch herself but crashed into him "I have been safe on this island for 13 years and the. You show up and now suddenly I am attacked"

Grant was pleasantly amused by her logic, as he caught her, his hands moved her shirt up higher as he looked into her eyes. "This would have happened even before we got here, my dear Lillian, that ship was here before we were. It was a matter of time before they found the tree house. Now that they have, we have to do something." He helped her to her feet and admired her belly button fully exposed and in a vertical oval.

"In 13 years not one ship has even passed by this island and now two are here" she said more to herself than to him. Her head was really killing her now, the adrenaline how now wore off. She touched the back of her head tried to get her footing but she couldn't and before she knew it she blacked out again in his arms

Grant caught her and saw she was out cold. He sighed softly, "My dear Lillian, ever think it was Providence that brought those ships here after 13 years." He moved her over his left shoulder, and saw her skirt had moved below her hips. He took her back to the beach and into his tent, laid her on his cot. He looked down at her, and kissed her cheek softly. The he fetched the medicine chest to his tent. The captain and the others returned. Grant went outside and he heard the report. "Post a guard for the night, and alert the ship about the other vessel, and to post a lookout." The captain nodded, and then Grant went back into the tent.

Lillian was limp in his arms as he carried her back to his tent. She laid motionless on his cot. It was about an hour before she started to come to. She moaned in pain as she started to wake. Her head still hurt her. Her eyes opened and she looked at grant "what happen, where am I"

Grant watched her come to, and saw her belly moving up and down normally, her belly button fully exposed and in a vertical oval. He smiled, "Welcome back, by dear Lillian, you lost consciousness. You're in my tent on my cot, and I applied a poultice and dressing to your head." His right hand stroked her hair softly, "You've grown up from the little girl I remember 13 years ago, waving to me from the railing when you sailed off."

Lillian sat up carefully resting her feet on the ground. She looked at him "I have changed from that little girl you once knew" she sighed "I should be heading back to my house and let you have your cot back" she stood carefully " thank you for your help" her legs still a little shaky but she tried to hid ti

"I think you just better rest here, you may find yourself back here if you pass out again," Grant smiled, "besides, I have already made up my bed for the night," he pointed to a bedroll and pillow on the floor across from the cot. "The captain has set a guard on the camp and the ship has been put on alert, in case our friends come back."

Lillian bit her a moment. She knew she could not make it back to the tree house but she was not 100 percent comfortable these med after all she has lived alone on an island for so long she does not what it is trust anyone. "Alright but I will head back to my home at first light"

Grant nodded, "Fair enough, if I see you aren't here when I awaken, I'll know you'll left. You know though it would be to your best interest to trust us, seeing it was the crew of that other boat that did that to you." He unbuckled his gun belt and laid it beside his bedroll. He got under the blanket and got comfortable. "Good night Lillian," then drifted off to sleep.

Lillian laid back down on the cot thinking about he said. She did not want to come to relie or trust on them after all they would be leaving again and she would be alone again so she needed to only trust herself. She fell a sleep and the next morning when the came through the tent she a some saw Grant still sleeping. She carefully got up from the cot left the tent and went home. She made it safety to her tree house and carefully looked around to make sure no one had mAde it inside before settling in. She pulled the ladder up just to be safe

Grant got up and saw that she had left before first light. He went outside the tent, stretched and then went back in to gather up his bedroll and put on his gun belt. Coffee was already brewing and breakfast of bacon and sage hen eggs one of the crew found were being prepared. A couple more longboats from the Seawitch were coming towards the beach. They carried the first group of water barrels to be filled as well as the crew who manned the oars. Grant looked back towards the trees and hoped Lillian made it to the tree house alright.

Lillian head did not hurt as bad today so she carefully undid the bandage grant put around her head. She then grabbed a basin of water and began to wash her face it was to dangerous for her home right now.

Back
Top Bottom