Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Running Away ((Blair1216&&Lady_Squall_Lionheart))

“It was interesting getting them here on the bike. I nearly gave in and burrowed Alex’s truck.”he said smirking at the idea of his closest neighbor, the slightly older man having bonded with the man who wanted just silence. And while him and alex had a friendship, it was mostly based on the fact that they left each other alone. Looking amused and startled that she indeed knew how to cook she smiled a little before laying back on the couch, stretching out as he watched her cook.

“Real estate agent told me about it when the older woman who lived here died. I was living in that motel you were in until then. It took about a month, but it was worth it to find this place.”he said shrugging before looking annoyed.”What were you expecting?”

Vera put his plate in front of him on the coffee table, deciding that after a long day, she wanted to sit on the couch and eat, not some hard dining room table... Criss-crossing her legs under neath her, she sat down and placed her own plate in her lap. As she ate, she smiled. "I don't know... I guess I figured you would have more of a bachelor pad, if that makes sense. You seem like the type to come and go a lot." She shrugged, not sure if she was making sense. Instead of saying anything else, she just began to eat.

After a few minutes of silence, she sighed. "Well, this is just crazy," she admitted, "I've known you since... yesterday?" She smirked. "But thanks for letting me rent the room. The motel was starting to creep me out."

She looked down at her plate, a little embarrassed by her own rambling. It truly was odd how much she trusted him in such a short period of time, but as dangerous as she knew he was, she also knew that there was something about him attracted her to him.

Jason shifted to make sure she wasn’t touching him as he started to eat, glancing over at her. “I am in and out a lot, but it came furnished, cheaper then buying all new stuff.”He said shrugging a little looking amused because she really wasn’t making sense, but it still amused him. And he was glad he was off for the weekend, because while he was letting her stay with him, he didn’t exactly trust her as much as she seemed to trust him. At least he’d have time to figure her out before letting her stay alone in his house.

“You talk a lot.”He mused glancing at her, sighing as he looked around the house. It was weird for him, because he wasn’t used to talking this much, even though he did make a effort sometimes to get to know others. He still didn’t know how to do the small talk.

Vera looked up at him, her cheeks red. "I talk a lot when I don't know what to say," she said, shrugging, then laughed a bit. Glancing back down at her plate, she pushed her food around, ate a bite more, then went back into the kitchen to clean up. Part of her wanted to ask him more about himself, but she knew that he was skittish for a reason.

After cleaning the kitchen, she walked back into the living room and moved over to the fireplace, making an effort to make a fire considering it was so cold. And since this was an old house in the south, the heater didn't do much. "You told me earlier that what makes you different can get me hurt," she murmured, sitting on the mantel and poking at the pathetic looking fire, "Did you mean your extremely dominant sexual tendencies, or something else?" With that, she raised her eyebrows at him.

Jason snorted looking amused because he wasn’t used to being around others, at least he hadn’t seen he was a teenager. He was used to making people nervous to the point they rambled, but having her there was something new for him, and he was definitely not sure what to think about this new development. Polishing off the food he stood and took his plate into the kitchen before pausing, looking at her as he walked back into the living room, looking pleased that the woman was making a fire, and he wouldn’t have to worry about standing out right away by turning on the heater. Because he knew eventually she’d notice just how very different he was.

Looking at her as he sat down on the couch he smiled a little, smirking as she brought up his sexual tendencies, because in all honesty that was mixed up in his desire to not kill her. Dominating her to the point that he wasn’t tempted to just kill her and be done with it. Cold blooded animal instinct said protect himself at all costs, which meant killing her as soon as she noticed just how different he was, but the man he wanted to be, wanted to be honorable, a part of the world, and he couldn’t do it. Keeping her in control while having sex meant he didn’t snap and give into the urge to kill.

“Something else.”he said simply closing his eyes as he relaxed as the fire started to warm the room.

Vera raised her eyebrows at him, and despite the danger in his words, she stood up from the fireplace and walked back over to the couch. She sat closer to him this time, but just far enough in order not to touch him. Her body faced him, leaning against the back of the couch, and her legs were out in front of her. "Something else?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. A smirk spread across her face. "Are you... a vampire? A werewolf? A serial killer?"

There was clear amusement in her expression. "It's a good thing it's not the sex part, because I quite liked that."

“…none of the above. You don’t want to know.”Jason said simply as he looked at her, swallowing hard a little as he looked down at her legs, licking his lips a little as he considered what the woman was saying. Smirking a little as he considered what he wanted to do to her. “Just leave it alone vera.”he said simply because he knew that no matter what she said about her father, she wouldn’t want to know what the man was supporting.

“Do you want to do more of that sex thing?”He said his smirk widened as he watched her.

Vera's eyes lit up with a mixture of amusement and lust. "Well, I wouldn't turn it down," she murmured, scooting closer to him. Deciding to be daring, she reached out and placed her hand on his thigh, letting it slowly slide toward his inner thigh and up to his groin. The entire time, her eyes never let his, watching how they slowly shifted. It was hard to tell, but if she looked closely, she could see his pupils elongating... Biting her lip, she tried to ignore the danger he was hinting to. Clearly, he meant what he said. However, she had nothing to lose at the moment, and she was too curious for her own good.

“Good. Consider this repayment for dinner.”he teased, his tone making it obvious that he really didn’t mean the words, just teasing her a little. When he saw her watching he tilted her head back, swallowing hard as he rested his head back against the couch, wretching his gaze from her, not letting her see more then she already had. Swallowing hard as he felt his fangs starting to grow just a bit he swallowed hard, fisting a hand in her hair. “You definitely like playing with fire for a rich girl.”He muttered curious about her nature and why she was risking so much before wrapping his hand in her hair, his other hand going to undo the belt and button of his pants, pulling them down a little as he pulled her down. “Now, put that mouth to better use then talking.”he teased smirking a little as he rested his head back, closing his eyes

Vera had always heard of relationships that were based off sex... Ones that had a dominant counterpart and submissive counterpart. She never thought she would ever be apart of such a degrading relationship, but she had not anticipated the sheer arousal that would come from such a partnership. His crude words and forceful movements turned her on, making her moan as he pulled at her hair. Part of her wanted to tell him to back off, yet the other part wanted to give him the best orgasm of his life.

Leaning down, she took his cock in her mouth, and began to blow him with great enthusiasm. As her mouth worked on his greedily, her hands gripped his thighs.

"You mean like this?" she whispered in between licks, smirking up at him. She might be a little rich girl, but she had her own tricks up her sleeve.

Jason laughed grinning a little as she he looked down at the woman with her head in his lap, sighing as he rested his head back against the couch, shuddering.”Oh yea, like that.”he muttered a hand fisting in her hair as he thrust up a little. Yea, he could definitely get used to this.

Which, nearly two months late was exactly what he’d done. Despite the weirdness of living with someone, Jason had gotten used to having her around, and made sure that he got to take her over and on every surface of his hiouse, including a few outside. Sighing as he laid back in his bed, he rubbed a hand over his face, thinking. No matter how much he enjoyed having her there, he knew it was getting more dangerous with time. The more he bonded with her, the more dangerous his…other more practical self said to get rid of her before she figured out exactly how different he was. Because he knew that with each passing day she was gaining more of a sense of it. Sighing as he stared at the ceiling, waiting to hear vera getting ready to go to work.

Vera moved around her bedroom with ease, going through the routine she always did. Despite the fact that her and Jason had sex daily, she never ever slept in his bed. She always paid her rent, cleaned and cooked, and slept in her own room. It was just... part of the deal. She knew he didn't want any sort of relationship, and she was okay with that. She just needed the place to stay and a ride every once in a while. All in all, they made pretty good partners.

The only problem was that she was quite attracted to him, and the more she was around him, the more curious he made her. In fact, she was even becoming a tad attached, and the fact that they still knew very little about eachother made her feel funny. However, she tried not to think to hard about it. Instead, she had other things to worry about: Like the fact that she had not had a period in three months. Yes, three months. That meant if she was pregnant, it wouldn't be Jason's, not that the thought would make it any better. No, it would be her sister's husbands' baby... The man who sexually assaulted her only days before marrying her sister. Of course, the bastard got away with it. No one believed her (or if they did, they couldn't afford to go against him, considering all the connections he has in the political world), and even though her sister did believe her, the only thing she could do was give her a few thousand dollars and promise to not tell anyone where she ran away to...

And that's why, to Vera's horror, she had a pregnancy test sitting on the bathroom counter as she did her makeup.

Jason stared at the ceiling as he heard her moving around, frowning a little when he realized she wasn’t getting ready to go. Standing he knocked on the door even as he pulled on his jeans, having every intention of going and getting some of the diner’s food after he took her to work.”Vera?I thought you had to work?”He questioned, though the words were phrased as a question, there was no doubt in his mind that she did indeed have to work, and he had no idea why it was taking her so long to get ready to go.

“Come on, I have to get to work to.”He said as he leaned on the doorframe to wait for her to open the door, running his fingers through his hair as he waited.

Vera swallowed hard as she looked at the positive pregnancy test, and even as he spoke, she remained silent. Her whole being froze, one hand over her mouth in shock. Swallowing hard, she stepped back and left the test on the counter. Her eyes were already filled with tears. What the fuck was she going to do? She could barely pay rent and eat. She was staying in the house of a man whom she barely knew. She was a nineteen-year-old missing girl on the run... She couldn't raise a baby. Not only was she pregnant, but she was pregnant because her douche bag of a brother in law raped her.

When she opened the door, it was clear she was crying. "I... Uh, I don't feel well," she said, swallowing hard, "I think I'm going to call in sick... or something." She bit her lip, and her eyes nervously glanced over at the pregnancy test on the counter.

Jason looked startled as he looked down at the woman in front of him, tilting his head a little. “Okay…”He said slowly, wondering if she needed him to do something, not sure about how to take care of sick people before he looked at where her eyes went, his eyes getting comically wide, panic filling his green eyes as they slid into a more serpent shape, his emotions wrecking havoc on his back as he felt his fangs shred the inside of his mouth, a slight lisp curling the words as he spoke. Because he really was panicking at the idea of having a child, not knowing if his genetic changes were able to pass on, and deathly afraid for her.

“W-what is that?I mean, I know what it is, but is it…positive? I mena, I know we’ve been having sex, but I was careful, I didn’t think I could have kids. I mean this is so not a good idea, I don’t want kids. This is not going to be good.”he said his panic making him a little more open about just how much his condition scared him.

Vera watched him panic, reaching up to wipe her eyes. She shook her head, and with shaking hands, picked up the pregnancy test and showed it to him. "Yes, it's positive," she said, swallowing hard. Her legs felt weak because of the shock she was going through, so she sat down on the edge of the bath tub. Tears continued to spill down her cheeks. "No, it's not your's, but if I had to compare you to the person who this baby belongs to, I'd chose you in a heartbeat. Considering I literally know nothing about you, that's saying something." She glanced up at him with red-rimmed eyes, and her body started to succumb to her emotions. Soon, she was fighting back sobs.

"I can't be pregnant, Jason," she cried, "I can't. I can barely afford rent here, and now I'm supposed to have a baby? Alone?" She ran her hand through her hair as she looked down at the tile floor. "This can't be happening... I cannot believe that bastard knocked me up."

Jason looked at her, looking at a loss at her words that it was positive, and doing a mental skid, spinning out like a car on ice as he realized it wasn’t his. While that was a relief, he was still concerned. Watching her reaction he tried to decide what was going on, his eyes slitting even more as he realized that the man who got her pregnant had managed to upset her this greatly. If she was this upset at the idea, it meant nothing good. Resisting the urge to shake her to find out who it was so he could kill them he swallowed before crouching down in front of her, looking at a loss as he wrapped his arms around her, awkwardly holding her.

“We’ll deal with it. Tell me about him. Vera, what happened?”He muttered wanting to know exactly why she was upset about this, sensing it was more then just being pregnant.

Vera leaning into him, pressing her face into his shoulder. While he may be a bit awkward, he still comforted her. It was still sweet that he was even trying. He was doing his best, and because of that, he made her feel a tiny bit better... At his question, she froze. A few moments of silent went by before she pulled back and rubbed a hand over her face.

"Do you remember when I told you why I ran?" she murmured, "My father had just refused to allow me to go study abroad. He wanted to keep me close, and I was pissed. He promised me this, but of course, he wanted to keep me out of trouble so I couldn't tarnish his reputation. I really, really wanted to get away, because for the past year, my brother-in-law, the douche bag that is so mean to my sister, was blackmailing me to sleep with him." She swallowed hard, feeling so ashamed of what she was saying. "At first, it was nonconcentual. He raped me on the night of their engagement party... I tried to tell my family, but they ignored me. They didn't want to believe it. It would stir up too much trouble that they were not willing to deal with."

Vera was sobbing now, because the poor girl had never said any of this out loud before. Ever.

"And then it got to the point where he did it because he knew he could get away with it, and I could do nothing about it," she murmured, shrugging, "I had to run away to get away from that. I had to, Jason.... Now what am I going to do? I can't afford a baby alone, and I can't go back."

Jason swallowed hard as she leaned into him, awkwardly patting her back, so very awkward with crying woman but as she cried he didn’t pull away until she did. Nodding a little at her words he frowned. “Yes, I remember,…”He muttered biting his lip a little fangs drawing blood, and then his temper skyrocketed so fast that he wasn’t even aware that he shot to his feet with the liquid grace that was so much more serpent then human, wasn’t aware that he was baring fangs and hissing more like a serpent then a pissed off man shuddering a little as he tried to clear his head from the all consuming need to kill.

“Well. I’ll help. I make enough that a child wont be to much of a burden.”he said knowing that if he did help her, there was no way he could keep saving like he was, but he could help her, this could be done. Not realizing the words came out with a soft hiss, like a really pissed off serpent.

Vera jumped up when he did, alarmed at his reaction. She could see the fangs, though it was not the first time. She always just chose not to comment on it, because she knew he'd avoid answering her. Instead, she gently reached up and brushed the blood away from his chin, noticing that his teeth had ripped into his skin. Swallowing hard, she shook her head. "Shhh," she whispered, "Jason, calm down. There's no point of getting angry, because I can't afford to go back there to retaliate."

Her eyebrows scrunched together, looking confused. He was willing to help her? But why? She was surprised at his generosity... Normal men would freak out in this situation, and she just assumed she would be moving out.

"Okay," she said, nodding, "I... I can pick up some extra shifts at the diner too." Her eyes were still teary and red, but she felt a little better. "I guess I should go to the doctor. You can go ahead and go to work. I'll be fine. I think the car will be okay between here and the hospital."

Jason growled at her, though he didn’t jerk his head away from her, actually rubbing his cheek into her hand as she wiped the blood away, shuddering a little. Shuddering as he tried to calm, his hands knotted into fists as his sides as he struggled for control. “…fine.He will live.”He growled out the silent, for now hanging at the end of the words.

Studying her for a moment he realized he surprised her, but he was a man of honor, at least he was trying to be. Which for him, meant protecting those weaker then him, and vera and the child she carried qualified. And he’d grown fond of her over the last few months. No matter how much instinct demanded he kill her, he wanted to take care of her to. It was literally driving him insane.

“Are you sure?”He said studying her, willing to call off if she needed him. His boss would understand, he rarely needed time off, so alex was more lenient with Jason sometimes then others.

Vera swallowed hard and nodded. "Yea," she murmured, "I'll be okay." She gave him a half smile, then turned to the mirror to fix her smeared makeup. While she wanted him there for comfort, she also knew it was better if she went alone. The last thing she wanted was for him to feel obligated to be a father to this baby. While the help was nice, she knew from the moment he saw that pregnancy test that he did not want kids, and she wouldn't push that sort of thing on him.

"I'll call in to work and head up to the doctor's office," she said, turning back toward him. She slipped on her boots and put her jacket on. "I'll see you this evening, okay?"

With that, she headed out of the bathroom and grabbed her keys off the counter and left.

When Jason got hom from work later that evening, Vera was sitting on the couch with a bag of M&M's, watching television with a numb expression. It was noticeable that she had been crying, but she wasn't at the moment. Instead, she just stared at the commercial that was playing with a vacant look in her eyes... After a moment, she snapped out of it and looked up at him. "Oh, hey," she said, sniffing, "Dinner is in the oven."

In the kitchen, everything but the casserole she had in the oven was set up. Her purse was on the counter next to a pile of papers from the doctor's office, and on top of those papers was a sonogram. Yep, she was definitely pregnant.

Jason offered a tired smile as he walked into the house, looking like he’d just been run over. Working on the docks unloading the ships coming in from the ocean was brutal work, manual labor that made him exhausted enough that he felt totally in control of his animal half, but some days it was worse then usual. “Hey.Thanks.”He muttered tiredly, for the moment just as zoned out as her as his body consumed more of his body to keep up with the energy he’d burned.

Glancing at the sonogram as he made up a plate, he frowned a little as he moved back into the kitchen, sitting down next to her and starting to eat before looking over at her.”Are you okay?”He asked softly, glancing over at her as he ate.

Vera looked over at him, swallowing the remains of a handful of M&Ms. "I'm okay," she said, even though it wasn't entirely true. There was nothing nice about going up to the doctor's office alone and having to lie about her identity so that she could be told about her unplanned pregnancy.

"I'm three and a half months along," she sighed, glancing back at the television, "The baby's healthy and everything... I have to go back in a couple weeks."

Reached up, she rubbed her hand over her face. "And I might have... used your name." She looked over at him and made a guilty face. "Before you say anything - I'm sorry. I just couldn't go in there and have them look at me like the poor pitiful girl who got knocked up at some frat party. It was embarrassing enough... And, well, I had to use a fake name anyway." She shrugged. "And I makes me look less suspicious. The people looking for me don't suspect me to be shacked up and pregnant, so it works..."

"On a scale of one to ten, how mad does this make you?"

“uh-huh. You know lying to me just gets you punished.”He muttered smimrking at her, adding enough heat to that smile to show that he wasn’t about to let her go anywhere if she was thinking about bolting again before nodding a little as he went back to eating. “Well…okay. That’s not so bad.”he said thoughtfully, because while it wasn’t ideal, his name wasn’t his real one either, well Jason was, but the last name wasn’t. so hopefully no one would think to look for him, in a doctor’s office of all places.

Looking over at her as he pushed food around the plate he sighed softly, “…not to bad. I don’t dislike kids, I just don’t want any of my own.”he said shrugging, not about to admit to being totally absolutely terrified of producing a child with his…genetic fuck ups. That would just please her father to much, and he didn’t want to please any of them.

Back
Top Bottom