Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seventh son of a seventh son. (Cr0ssy1307 & Showmeyouloveme)

cr0ssy1307

Planetoid
Daniel approached the city gates and stepped through as they creaked slowly open. He looked around before finding his mentor, standing not too far away, wearing a long brown cloak, the hood down. He wore the uniform of the Order underneath, black leather boots, blcak trousers and a thick red tunic under a leather chestpiece, with steel bracers on his wrists. Daniel wore the same but with the addition of hardened leather armour to cover his shins and upper legs.
“Hello master.” He said as they met.
“It’s good to see you Daniel.” His master replied in a quiet voice. His short black hair and beard were starting to go grey around the edges. “The council have another job for you. There’s a powerful witch, Myra Blackheart, lurking near the city. They believe she may be plotting an attack. Either way she’s evil and needs putting down, and you’re one of the best.”
“Consider it done.” Daniel said grimly after listening intently to the details. “Where is she?”
“Apparently she’s staying in a small hovel, a few hours walk from the city.” Daniel nodded and shook his masters hand. “I’ll report in tomorrow.” He said with grim determination before turning and leaving.

After a few hours travel he found the decrepit hovel. It looked like it had been made in a rush. The stone walls barely stood up, one was even beginning to fall in, bringing the thatched roof down with it. There was a light drizzle overhead, soaking into Daniels medium length brown hair. He approached the small hovel confidently, drawing his sword and kicking the door, which fell of it’s rusty hinges. Inside there was little light apart from that which came through the door and the collapsing roof. He held up his hand as he stepped in, a small orb of light appearing in it, one of several powers he gained from being a seventh son of a seventh son.
As soon as the light appeared he saw Myra, her face contorted in a snarl, a dirty hand with long claw like nails raised. Moments later flames spouted from it, rushing towards him, but simply passing around him as he approached the dirty, rancid witch.
“I am a seventh son of a seventh son, and you’re foul magic can’t harm me.” He said, before raising his sword and plunging it through her chest, piercing her heart. She died instantly and he pushed her off with his boot. A minute later there was a noise behind him and he whirled around, raising his sword.

Daniel stepped back, covering his face as the wind whipped through his hair and clothes, fiery rocks flying closer than he would have liked. A minute later it all stopped and the young woman fell to the floor. Daniel found his sword and approached curiously, surprised by her sudden appearance. She had caught him off guard. His master had said nothing about another witch. The Order of Supreme Justice would want him to kill her on principle, just for being a witch, but something stayed his hand. She didn't seem like most witches, and her powers seemed out of control. His gut told him that she had no clue about her powers. Utterly confused, he sheathed his sword and picked her up, carrying her away.

He carried her to a small cottage not far from the city. It used to be his mothers before she passed away, and none of his brothers wanted it, so he took it, using it as a safe house for situations such as this. He carried Mia inside and placed her on the single bed. The room was sparsely decorated, with a single bed, a small table with two chairs, several bookcases and a chest of drawers, mostly full of weapons and other tools he used to help fight evil. He found some rope and tied her arms to the bed so that she couldn't attack him again, before pulling over a chair and sitting down, waiting for her to wake up. He had till tomorrow morning to report in, so until then he would do his best to find out what he could and make a decision on this strange witch.

"I don't intend to harm you." Daniel explained with a sigh. "I brought you here so that we could talk. Surely you knew what your mother did, the people she hurt just to gain power. Well my masters believed she was planning an attack, and we needed to act. They never said anything about you. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've been a witch for a long time, probably all your life. And from what I saw in your mothers home, I'm guessing that when she died you inherited her powers. How'd I do?" He asked.
Most of his time was spent hunting witches, they were the most common evil being in his land, so he had learned a fair bit about them. He was unfazed as she made the rope disappear. She would struggle to harm him even with magic and it just helped him get an idea of what she was and what he was dealing with. He had also seen similar cases, where the power, and sometimes the mind of a powerful witch were transferred to their descendant as they died. He wondered if this was the case here.
"Oh, I'm Daniel by the way." He explained, holding out his hand for her to shake.

Daniel felt the spark of a connection as they shook hands, images flashing briefly before his eyes. Images of Myra Blackheart and of Mia running away. He too pulled back, clutching his head. He'd heard of powers like that but had never experienced it himself. He was shocked when she told him of his mother. He'd always known the truth, but he never told anyone yet she had just seemingly taken the knowledge from his head. He wondered if there was any limit.

"Wait!" He cried, managing to reach the door before it closed. He followed her through to her apartment, grabbing her arm and pulling her back through the door. He had barely registered her small, tidy apartment before slamming the door shut. He knew that if she went back it would only be a matter of time till she was discovered. THen not only would she be dead but there would be questions as to why he hadn't killed her when he got the chance.

"You can't go back." He explained, placing himself between her and the door. "Your old life is effectively over now. You can't go to work, see any friends. You clearly have no clue how to control your powers and neither of us know your limits. Your best bet is to stay here, hidden from my order at least until you know more about you abilities." As he spoke he realised he was trying to protect her, a witch. He had spent his life hunting down witches and here he was protecting one. How ironic.

Back
Top Bottom