Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dark decadence (Sweet&Raziel)

Death had never been something she was afraid of, since she was little she excepted to die at the hands of a vampire more powerful then her. It would be an honor to go out fighting. Her expression was a strangely calm. She had no weapons, no way of defending herself. She was fine with dying. In a different situation she might have had a chance escape. As the vampire plunged toward her as fleeting image of Alexander flashed into her mind. She closed her sapphire eyes to fill her mind with that last beautiful picture.

She flinched when she heard the loud clank of metal. Her eyes reopened, only to see the man she had been imagining. A warm bubbling tickled her chest. Amelia smiled, tears brimming in her eyes. He was the most beautiful knight she had ever seen. Why was she trying to flee from him? It didn't matter in that instant, she would remember later. "Alexander!" She shouted.

"STOP IT, YOU IDIOT!!!" The hot blooded woman grabbed hold of his shoulders, trying to pull him back. Alexander was in a fit of rage but there was part of her that knew that no matter how out of control he was, she would have the power to bring him back. She grabbed his chin, because his shoulders weren't budging, and forced him to look at her. "You can't kill a vampire. I don't know your kind's laws but I'm pretty sure it's illegal. Your Clan isn't going to care that you did it to protect me, I'm only a human. Snap out of it, or I'll find a way to make you regret it." Amelia pressed her lips to him tenderly. "Better? I'm fine and he...has been punished enough by you." She leaned her forehead against his as she whispered. "Everything is okay."

The beast inside him had been unleashed in the fury of the moment, the anger that resided inside him for someone trying to attack one of his heart, never-the-less one of his household. It was just like before, when a Vampire had attacked Clara. But that time the Vampire had taken his full wrath, died bloodily at his hands for trying such a stupid thing, while she sat idly by, horrified with a feeble voice trying to make him stop, that his rage was more frightening than any punishment from any god.

But now, Amelia was so much stronger and braver than her mother, moving forward, trying to pull him off the vampire, the thrull sitting by idly, unable to assess without the help of its master. He was moments away from the killing blow, his eyes filled with cold malice for what this beast in front of him tried to do. Her pulling was useless, the talk of law among the vampires useless, but the threat rang in his head, and he slowly pulled back from the vampire after he felt her soft lips against his skin. His wings unfurled, stretching out in their majestic view as his arms wrapped around Amelia.

"Let's go." He said in a low, barely controlled voice. The growl of the barely-leashed beast inside him was apparent, and his eyes stared dangerously at the beaten Vampire before they took to the skies, hearing the curses and muttering of the one they left behind.

The rain was still coming down hard, now under Alexander's control, not from a need to keep the sun from hitting him, but from his own anger, agony, hatred for what had just transpired. Both of them got soaked on their way back to his estate, landing in front of the main door and walking sopping wet into the main hall. Alexander didn't care, setting Amelia down and slowly walking over to the side to his study, leaving the door open for her to follow. He could care less if his house drowned out at the moment from the rain, though the doors were closed, and the few windows were closed as well.

"I'm not angry with you." He said in a low voice, trying to control his temper now that everything was over, and she was safe once more. "I knew you would try to escape, and I let you out of the estate, knowing that once night fell, I would find you. But what happened was not expected, it was too close for comfort. It isn't the first time it has happened, and you..." He shook his head. "I would have liked it if I had the time to properly court you like another human would, but we have so little of it. That man won't be the last after you."

"Why are they after me? I mean, other then the fact that I'm a vampire hunter." She said as she followed him inside the mansion. Her clothes clung to her soaking wet body, her pretty blond hair stuck to her face making her look a little like a wet dog. She pushed her bangs to the side, allowing her to see better. "It's not like I hold any threat to your kind anymore. Targeting me is just...pointless." And very likely dangerous.... she thought as she stared at his back.

His beautiful back.

She was so confused. Did she really want to run away? Why was she so happy to see him? Why was her heart beating like a moronic drummer. The only conclusion that she could come to was that she had completely lost her mind.

"you're right about one thing, and it's not about the vampires. You haven't properly courted me. Honestly, It's pretty pathetic." She blushed, matching her cold red nose. Amelia couldn't believe the words she was saying. The felt like they belonged in someone else's mouth. "But not every man saves my life....so I guess I'll give you some credit."

She looked up at him. She knew he was still tense from what happened, that what she was thinking wasn't the right thing to do that at moment...but those bright blue bedroom eyes begged him to kiss her.

Even as he fought to control himself, the beast raged inside him, wanting to go back and finish off the one who tried to kill his mate. The man deserved more than death, but a slow, agonizing end that would make the strongest people alive weep at the thought of it. The thought that they would try that again made blood boil, eyes dilate and turn a deep red.

"There are some that do not see you as a convenience to my race, like most would." He said in a deep growl as he forced control over himself. "Most would celebrate that another found someone, but because it is I, a great protector of this city, they are not as happy about it, afraid that I will stop my duties like many others. They want you dead to make sure that I continue my work."

He hadn't looked at her, knowing that it was his fault in the end that she was already being hunted by his kinmates. He showed the city who he had chosen, in front of many of the clan, and he knew that the orders would had been sent out by the days end. He let her out of the estate into the city. His fault in the end.

But he heard her words, heard the small joking tone in them, and he finally turned his head to have his eyes meet hers. The words he heard, with the look she was given him, made his insides melt, the beast tamed and practically purring as his eyes softened back to their blue tones. The lines of tension disappeared, and it seemed that all his worries were wiped away with her one gaze. He slowly got up, walking over to her, before laying her back, kneeling down at her side.

"Then I must try to do better, hmm?" He said in a soft, alluring tone, before he moved forward, his lips lightly brushing against hers, eyes closing of their own volition.

Back
Top Bottom