Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Clockwork Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once everyone was back on the ship, Bracken walked on and back to the flight controls. He starts to pump the steam back into the balloon until the ship started to float up, "ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR TAKE OFF" Bracken yells out. Once the ship is high enough, Bracken turns the ship to the North, and starts to move forward. "Tell me if we need to turn Archer."

After speaking to what he had figured to be the captain of the ship he mad his way up to the controls with the other man. Taking the site off of his bow he placed it on his back the string over his chest. He looked to the front of the ship at the landscape. "Left two degrees." He stated before holding the scope up to his right eye. He may know general direction and damn close to exact location but being in the sky was a far different thing. He had never been on a contraption of this sort.

Thea silently followed everyone back onto the ship fuming internally. She had essentially been entirely ignored as the crew invited the random man onto the ship as if it were no big deal. They had no idea who or what he was or what he might have planned for them but she bit her tongue and leaned against the wall near the controls keeping an eye on him out of the corner of her eye. Otherwise she kept her expression entirely disinterested in the situation. She dropped her shield wanting to make sure she had a good stock of magical energy in case things went downhill fast.

Making the needed adjustment, Bracken kept the ship running in a straight line to where this ship was supposed to be. Easy looking from the outside, but in all reality not very. The wind was picking up fast, almost dangerously so. "Thea, quick question. If this ship tumbled to the ground, how many could be saved with your magic?" Bracken tried to make it sound like a hypothetical, but fear was still a little layered in there.

Her eyes swiveled over to the pilot and narrowed slightly. "I could shield the whole ship but I will be unconscious for the next week." She said carefully noting a small waver in his voice that belied his concern. "We would probably loose the balloons though." She noted looking around the ship. "If we are altogether I can make sure no one is too seriously injured." She shrugged and stayed where she was. If something happened she would just have to deal with it. Keeping the crew alive was conducive to keeping herself alive for the next while so she would do her best to make sure none of them died.

Archer smiled some as the ride got a little ruff. He lived for excitement and adventure and this could be entertaining indeed. "Drop the ship lower will help with that wind." He had no clue what anyone's name was except for Thea but hey you would just have to work. "Right four degrees." He called as he looked through his scope at the ground. Spotting the wreck he smiled warmly. "Just a touch lower and left two degrees." The clearing to land in was small and if Archer was not precise in landing the craft it would be very likely they crash. Though at that height few would get injured at all but the balloons that floated effortlessly above them would likely be extremely damaged.

They where close now very close. "Left two, right one, nose up three." He barked as he began to run to and fro on the ship to peer over the rail. This was an awesome contraption. He thought his smile widening. He was happy the driver of this boat listened well he thought as the dropped slowly out of the sky toward the clearing. "Give it a little nudge up now and then let it land." He said as his final order. He was obviously proud the ship fit in the clearing almost as though they where made for one another. But if Archer had been even a half a foot off in any direction the balloons would have been punctured by the trees wooden fingers reaching for the sky. His pride grow when the ship set down lighter than their last landing. He eyed the woman named Thea before walking over to her. "Your not from here." He said as he looked her expression over. "And just some info for ya'. If I wanted a'harm to y'all I'd a shot you out the sky the first second I seen ya back at the mountain town."

John frowned as the man was ordering around his ship like it was his own, but he remained quiet. He could always kill the man later, for now he seemed somewhat valuable and there weren't any golems, at least blatant ones. He peered at the crashed ship, it's size was impressive but half the metal seemed unsalvageable, but at least it was a start to patching up their own. "Well get to work gentlemen, take what you can and lets hurry. Focus on the engines and the balloon first of all."

He heads over to the docking board and kicks it out, waiting for his crew to head off and start working although he gave Archer a glare. He leaned over the edge, making sure there weren't any surprises waiting for them then pointed out any metal pockets he thought would be useful for the ship.

Taking the directions since he couldn't see the landing area that well, Bracken follows all the suggests to the T. Bracken wasn't very happy with his tone of voice, seeming more like orders a captain would give then suggests for a landing. Once the ship was down Bracken walked over to John and asked before going to help recover what he could, probably not much, he knows he more likely to screw something up with the recovery rather then be a major help. "What do you think of him, Captain?" Bracken asks as he walks over to John hoping he wasn't overstepping a boundary.

Archer could tell full well that everyone here was fully unimpressed with him. See if he helps the next run down ship find parts. He thought to himself as he made his way off the ship. He was having trouble grasping the actions of the others. He pulled the bow from over his shoulder and mounted the sight back onto it. He growled internally as he did so, humans never happy. He looked about the area briefly before slinging his bow back over his shoulder.

Walking over to the crashed airship he skillfully scaled the hull of the behemoth up to the deck and over the railing. Giving a glance at the rest of their crew. "Ask me for parts, ask me for directions, ask me to guide them here. What do I get nothing but the cold shoulder. Best on my own indeed. Build my own nifty contraption and fly around. Can't even kill them golems is bet. Damn cold shoulder." He said unsure who was around or who may hear him. Not that he cared in the least. He looked about the ship for his belongings. "Hurry he says. Nothin out here sept fer some animals and usins." He said still fuming slightly as he jumped through a hole in the decking. Small fires still burned on the inside of the ship, he now stood in the engine room. He smiled widely at seeing the engine still perfectly intact aside from a single broken pipe.

Thea felt a rush of anger at Archer's arrogance, particularly when he started ordering the ship and crew about. One quick glance at the captain showed he was mighty unimpressed himself. When the plank fell to the ground Thea trotted down it, straightening her goggles and peering around the site deciding where to go. Her eyes fell on Archer wandering among the debris with ease, still feeling infuriated about his attitude she followed him. As she grew closer she could hear the man muttering to himself and a small smirked played across her lips.

There was a soft thud and he seemed to vanish from sight. Thea clambered silently up onto the deck and eventually found the hole he had jumped through. With a grin she hoped in after him to see if he found anything.

Seeing John wasn't going to answer anytime soon, Bracken took off towards the ship. The first thing he goes and looks at is the balloon. Other then one visible hole, with an exit most likely somewhere on the other side, Bracken starts to roll it up so it can be used to replace, or augment the current balloon. Bracken was hoping that someone was checking the engine since he would have no idea on how to check that.

(John's player had forgotten posting order.)

John looked off towards his crew working on dismantling the ship. He didn't say anything because he knew the man might have good hearing, and he didn't want to offend his guest and have to murder a man because of his pride. Still, if they were lucky, they'd be able to grab something of value and depart.

As the airship landed down next to the wreck of the ship, an individual not far from it, was hidden in a run down building about 200 meters away from it. He pulled out a scope that had some gears ontop of it and as he started shifting those, the crew of the airship became visible as they started to ransack the crashsite of the other ship. He smiled as he saw the captain, a stern man with nothing more than respect for his ship and that was about it. He got up from his hiding place and patted off the dust from his cloak. The Brown tattered cloak was covering his normal clothes from the dirt and dust that was all around. It nearly enveloped his body as the only thing that was visible from underneath it was his robotic-seeming eye and the soft shining of it as sunlight reached over it.

Next the individual grabbed his Clockwork rifle and moved it to the side as he grabbed his two big bags, one with clothing and one with tools as he put them on his back with two handy straps and then searched for something on his belt. As he found it, the metal plate that was on the back of his pants, moved up underneath the cloak and actually supported the rather heavy bags to lessen the strain it put on his back. He sighed and then grabbed his rifle and attached it to the diagonal belt around his shoulder, making the rifle hang on the front of his body over his cloak as he got out of his hiding spot and walked towards the crew that was scavenging the area of the crash for any valuables.

As he had walked close enough, he smiled and releaved himself of his hood by pushing it backwards of his head "Hey there captain" he said as he looked at John "I picked you out pretty fast from the rest of your crew" he continued in a seeming rant "Might you have some spare room for a wandering inventor? I'm in search of a place or a group where I can settle myself and continue on my development in technology and physics" he said as he smiled and took out a small container with an opening and drank from it gently, sighing delighted.

He walked over to the engine to take a closer look at it. He heard the thud of someone entering the room behind him. With a soft sniff of the surrounding air as he continued to peer at the piece of machinery in front of him. "Thea I believe it is?" He said before briefly glancing away from his work to look at her. He pulled a wrench from his pocket before beginning to remove a pipe from the hulking engine.

"You don't trust me!" He said calmly as he continued to work. Seeing as he was likely going to find nothing of his intact he may as well spend his time helping the strangers. He heard the newcomer long before the conversation began outside the ship. Horrible sneaker for sure he smiled to himself, "too heavy footed." He mumbled to himself. His gleaming green eyes focused securely on his work as the pipe gave loose he moved to the next one.

John looked over the approaching inventor and shrugged. "Find us a better engine or a better balloon and we'd be able to. If not, well, I'm sure the boys won't mind a bit of mystery meat." He said with a slight chuckle, "I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin' but ya better get out there and get lookin' so that way we got some thin' to work with."

Thea leaned against a slopped wall and smirked at his back. "Darlin I don't trust anyone, you're nothing special." She quirked an eyebrow when he started muttering to himself and couldn't help but wonder if being alone for so long had knocked a few screws loose. "Need a hand with anything?" She asked, ignoring his comment about being heavy footed. Wandering closer she looked over his shoulder at the mess of pipes and gears. "Wouldn't this be easier?" She asked infusing the metal pieces with shadows she twisted her hand and the whole mess came apart clattering to the floor noisily. "There now you can pick which bits you want." She grinned up at him.

Bracken walks up the plank with the new balloon. "Its in good shape captain. Only 2 holes where....Archer I think it is, put an arrow through it." Bracken by some miracle didn't screw this up, something that he was notorious for when it didn't involve maps or flight controls. "Do you know how to patch this?"

Archer watched her remove most of the nonsense from the engine. Looking over at her he smiled his keen eyes looking into hers. "Aye much easier. Knew you weren't human." He commented before looking back at the engine. Wondering how and Thea could get it out of the room it would be a ton at least. He looked about the room there was a door that likely could have allowed it out of the side of the ship, but the mechanism was broken. "Let me go make sure no one is in the way of that. Can you cut that chain when I give the clear?" He asked kindly of her.

Thea titled her head and smiled wickedly. "Now what might make you think that." She quipped, rolling her eyes with exasperation at his plan. "Didn't you see what I just did?" Thea enveloped the door with her magic and wrenched it off the side of the ship. It went flying off into the debris with a clang. She cast another wry grin at him before stepping over to the threshold and stared outside into the strewn wreckage looking for sight of their ship. "Well looks like I didn't kill anyone." Thea declared with an impish look.

Out of nowhere, a piece of metal from the side of the ship flies up and slams itself against Bracken's head, throwing him to the ground as he loses consciousness. Landing on his stomach and rolling onto his face, when he wakes up a few seconds later, his entire body is in pain. "What the hell was that." Bracken murmurs out.

Matthias nodded and smiled "Aye aye cap'" he said as he first went to the airship to drop his bags and then he started moving towards the large wreck and entered, and as soon as he entered he started looking for the engine of the ship, crossing through the hallways while looking around for stuff he could scavenge and use in what he seemed to think good metalworks. Matthias had gathered a bunch of metals and some screws and bolts and also a couple of broken glasses "Hmm this might be usefull" he said as he continued scavenging the ship for the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom