Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Clockwork Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes sir" Bracken goes back to the controls and turns the ship in the needed direction. Checking his bearings gauges and praying that the one thing that worked on the ship was the gauges, he set the ship on its way towards the town. The trip was probably going to take the rest of the day.

Merida should have told Marcus to turn the dial on the gun to the right and the magic inside would go out and normal bullets will appear. She walked away from everyone and everything and went back into the room where all the clockworks were and got to work, making more weapons and repairing others already laid out and broken.

Marcus quietly jammed on his axe acoustically for some time, before quietly walking around the ship. He didn't know where Thea, Archer or Jason were, but he soon found Merida toiling away at her weapons.
"You makin' something?" he asked.

Merida didn't look over her shoulder to acknowledge that Marcus was there, instead, she continued to modify an already made gun, this one wasn't broken at all but she thought it looked too dull. "Making, repairing, modifying, that's what I do. Did you come here to have your's done?" She asked, screwing in the finishing touches on the gun she was currently working on.

Thea took the painkillers from Bracken with a grateful look and downed two in one swallow. This whole pain and suffering part of being human was really shitty. The fight had left her pretty drained so she stayed within ear shot of the Captain and Bracken and leaned against a wall, sliding down it to sit with her legs stretched out in front of her and crossed at the knee. She could help out where needed but until she was needed she was going to close her eyes and pray the pounding ache behind them disappeared.

She really hoped the village they were headed too had something worth stopping for and that the golems had yet to find it. Another fight with them might literally kill her and she was informed upon accepting a human form she would die, not just return to the Shadow realms. Nice to fill in details like that afterwards. The creaking sway of the ship eventually lulled her into a light doze.

"Nah, its not that" he said.
"I was acting like a douche before in that fight. I figured I'd apologise or whatever."
He found himself strangely unintimidated by her noble background, likely because he had never met or even seen one before.
"Unless you've got something to show me I'll be on my way" he added.

Merida nodded finally looking up at him from her work, "it's fine, I should have told you the gun goes both ways, magic and non. You just turn the dial to the right and the magic in the bullets will vanish until you turn the dial to the left."

"Sounds good" he replied, "I'll take a note of that. See you around" he said, walking away.
He sat down in his corner and picked up his axe, playing acoustically since he didn't want to disturb the captain and Bracken, who were in earshot. He noticed Thea sitting on the floor nearby.
"You don't mind if a play a little?" he asked.

Bracken from time to time look at the map to ensure that they were heading the right way. He had been right and the trip had taken most of the day, only about 2 hours left until sun down when the small town came into view. "Captain, we are nearing the town. I'm going to circle around it to see if golems have overtaken it and or look for anything useful." Bracken yells out hoping to get the crews attention and get to the sides.

Archer had spotted the airship long before it had arrived over the small mountain town. This would be a good stop for them as there had been no one here in months and no golems as of yet. Archer was not quite back to the edge of town as the airship moved over head. Pointing his bow at the ship he peered through the green hue of his scope to peek at the crew. Not much to see as of yet no one looking over the edge nothing. Could the ship be a runaway? He wondered to himself.

He ran through the rubble skillfully his long trench coat flapping almost as a heavy cape would behind him. After a few moments he slid through a hole in the wall of a building in the center of town. He had been here for the last three months and the only other group to have stopped here had stolen everything which he had scrounged in this forgotten city. He caught them in time to bring down their airship though it was a few miles from here before it crash landed. He thought it funny that those alive scattered from the airship shortly after it had hit the ground. It was quite a bit larger than the one confronting him this time. This likely meant that there was less crew and he had the advantage of home turf.

Before Marcus' question could be answered he heard Bracken's shouting and rushed up to the port side of the ship and looked outside. He couldn't make out any Golems so far.
"I can't see any from here!" he shouted, as he ran back to his bag and pulled out the gun that Merida gave him, turning the dial to "non-magic" and returning to what he thought was now his post. He then spotted the gleam of a scope.
"I think there's someone down there aiming at us!" he said, ducking down.

Thea started awake when Bracken yelled and scrambled to her feet. She leaned over the opposite side that Marcus had gone to scanning the area for the golems. She wished her magic allowed her to sense them like a lot of other things but for some reason they were undetectable to her. She thought she saw a flash of movement but it was gone to quickly and her eyes wandered onto other things. "Seems all clear here." She called back, never taking her eyes off the ground.

"Ok well good enough for me. ALL HANDS PREPARE TO LAND." Bracken yells out as he starts to empty the balloon a little to start to descend to the small town. Luckily there was a small airfield near by so bracken eased them into a landing dock there, a little surprised it wasn't rubble like the rest of the town. As soon as the ship was stopped and ready to be left to explore the town, Bracken calls down to the engine room. "Keep the engine hot, incase we need to book it out of here. What do you need and ill keep a look out for it?" Bracken asks so that Theo can stay down there incase something needed immediate attention.

Merida overheard about landing the ship, she got a large bag and stuffed the remaining clockworks inside and sealed it up with just a few, she armed herself with it. Two guns at her lower hips, her sword on her left hip as well, two daggers right down where her ankles are, a wrist knife on the right hand and lastly a wrist gun on the left. She walked out of the room after sealing it with a code only she knew. "Anything I can do to help?"

When he saw the ship coming to land he knew it was manned. He made his way strategically through the town to the airfield. Approaching the airship just as it touched ground. He readied his bow pointing it at where the ramp would likely come down. His fingers rested hovering over the string with ease. There was no arrow notched however. Though one of the gears on the bow itself whirred furiously with a very faint metal on metal sound. He waited for the ramp or the first sign of movement at that edge of the ship. He would be damned if they were going to steal his things.

(uh...merida you realize there are only like two rooms on the ship, the sleeping one everyone shares and the engine room?)

Thea made her way to the ramp as the ship began to descend to the ground. Her little nap had rejuvenated her enough that she would be able to at least keep up a shield. She could hear the sound of the engine grinding down as the slowed and turned, finally bumping against the ground as the ship made a shuddering groan of protest. She hit the winch that released the rickety wooden ramp and it dropped to the dusty ground with a soft thud. As she slowly descended the ramp she used her magic to form a shield about a cm out from her own skin in case of a surprise attack from anything that wanted to scavenge their pathetic little vessel.

He kept a bead on the woman as she descended the ramp and just as her boot struck the dusty ground he spoke. "That is far enough missy." He called out from the front of the ship as he drew back on the bow string. A shadowy arrow appeared between the two fingers on the string and rested perfectly on his thumb holding the bow. The other gears on the bow began to whir along with the first.

(I posted a description of the ship in my first post! :\ It's a worn down, rusted hunk of chunk that can barely hold the individuals it has now!)

John stood at the edge of the ramp. He waved towards the man with the bow. "Hello there, we need a few supplies for the ship and we'll be on our way. Evidently you don't have much of a golem problem so we thought there might still be a few salvageable resources. You could always join us instead of pointin' that little piece of tech at us."

He nodded a little to the man, patting his ship. "We'd be better able to hold ya and anyone else if we had an upgrade. Ya know? Ain't too safe to stay in one spot when they show up, never seen somethin' that's able to take 'em out, even with all the fancy magic that's shown up." He took a step closer.

He shifted his aim to the man who spoke. And then back to the woman on the ground. "So yer not here to steel my stuff?" He questioned as he side stepped a hair to better see the two people. He shifted the bow onto it's side a second arrow appearing on the string. "Last airship that showed up here where a bunch of thieves. I don't take kindly to thieves so's I shot em down." He said. Nodding with an almost grim smile on his face.

"Did you shoot the ship down, and if you did was it somewhere close by?" Bracken asks appearing at the rails. "We can get your stuff back, and upgrade our ship, If they got away we may run into them along the way and you still get your stuff back. Win/win the way I see it." He steps on the ramp, hands up showing he is unarmed before lowering them to his sides and stepping next to John.

Slowly releasing the string on his bow he eyed the people coming off the ship. They seemed pretty harmless after all. "Aye they crashed about three miles that way." He said as he lowered the bow and pointed in a northerly direction. "It may be you could switch ships even it landed pretty descent lay from what I could see. They all scattered, hunted most of em down already." He said honestly the gears on his bow slowing to a stop. "Faster if'n we take yer contraption, plenty of room to land it there I believe."

John shook his head. "I ain't leavin' my ship for 'nother! Not even if it was a pretty little new 'un, but get on and lets hurry up. If we are lucky, we ain't gonna draw any attention. And if we aren't, well, raiders got ships as well." He headed back up the board, leaning against a railing as he waited for Braken to start flying the ship.

(Hm, well my device doesn't always capture texts >.< sorry everyone)

When Merida overheard John talking about not leaving his ship for another, better, improved one. A smile crept on her lips as she approached him. "I can fix more than weapons you know. Your ship should be no problem fixing and modifying it. That is, if I have your permission" she crossed her arms and waited for his reply

Archer climbed aboard the airship with the rest of them looking about it's deck with curiosity. "Well can't say as I blame you. This here is a right fine vessel you got here. The name is Archer Brinkley." He said to the man who had spoken to him holding out his right hand. "It is nice to make yer acquaintance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom