Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tale of Tristan and Isolt-Lady/Moon

they both grinned a little. "i doubt it, Gawain's still angry at me for pouring bacon grease into his britches." Tristan admitted with a grin before he sighed as he stared at the letter. "it's just my uncle trying to tarnish my reputation." he stated with a roll of his eyes. "he won't succeed just as he failed when he tried to kill me." he stated simply. "i'm going to Ireland? when did i decide to do that!?" he demanded, feeling vaguely annoyed that everyone was making decisions for him. "besides, i am a Son of the Goddess, no old man is going to change my ways. not my uncle, not the Pope, and certainly not some timid little Catholic Girl who certainly doesn't want to be married to me." he stated with a slight snarl as he glared at his letter. "besides, i can't be your Champion. i'm still too weak to really be of any real use..." Tristan grumbled, shaking his head a little.

Isolt stared at him, hurt filling her eyes for a moment before looking away from him, tilting her head at lancelot. “tell him that it’s a good thing for him to come to Ireland. I need a champion, and he needs a reason to stay away from mark, beyond just being here.”She sighed a little wincing a little at his words, before shrugging at his protests.”It will be weeks, maybe till spring before I can return to Ireland. I must heal myself, and the sea is to stormy to try to travel back now that winter has set in.”Isolt shrugged a little.”You will have time to heal, if you would like to come.”She said looking away before looking at lance, smiling slightly, trying to forget the vague sense of hurt that had stung her when Tristan refused outright to even consider it. He wasn't even thinking about it, just refusing, and in that, he'd hurt the queen of Ireland badly, not that she'd ever admit that his opinion, his words mattered her enough to hurt.

Lancelot smiled at her. "he does not want to go, My Lady, because he thinks himself unworthy. you have to remember who he gew up under. he thinks if he goes, he will ruin you, your kingdom, and anything he touches." "i do not!" "then why are you protesting, when you so obviously want to go to Ireland with Isolt?" "because i... because...." here Tristan looked confused and uncertain. he DID want to go... but at the same time... "...i don't know." "still feeling guilty?" Lancelot asked and Tristan flinched before looking shocked at himself. "i... i can't be a champion again..." he finally whispered. "i don't want to be a murderer..." Lance paused and then. "you really think that the Lady Isolt would ask you to be?" "she would not ask me, but if i was a champion, another battle would come, and i would have to do my duty, and go out and defend the lands..." so Tristan didn't want to become a champion, because the last person he'd killed was still tearing him up. he didn't want to go into anymore battles.

Isolt smiled back at lancelot, who had understood why she’d been upset with tristan’s words, offering a small smile. “Well..thats stupid.”She frowned a little at a loss for other words before looking hurt at his words, stung that he would consider that she’d send him to kill someone for a murder. Swallowing hard before frowning a little. “Loki was dying Tristan, even if it tears you up, he was dying.”She took a shuddering breath, swallowing hard. “If you do not want to be champion, still consider coming to Ireland. Mayhap I shall look for another champion while I’m staying here.”She said thoughtfully her mind already turning over the other knights who made up the round table. While she really did want Tristan to go with her, to be her champion because she thought they’d work well together, but there were other good knights here.

Lance chuckled a little. "Tristan was never known for his intelligence... but he's not wrong. even if you didn't ask him to, he would go out and kill to defend you." Lance admitted. "Tristan is incredibly loyal once you earn his trust... a shockingly difficult thing to achieve. not even Arthur and Guenevere have Tristan's full trust. for him to be so willing to try and defy you, for YOUR benefit says a lot." Lancelot admitted. "ask him again when he's not so depressed and you'll find his answer has changed. he just has to stop moping." "...'He' is sitting right here." Tristan complained, sulking, but feeling a little bit better. Lance was right... he was just depressed, he'd feel better in a few months and he'd go to Ireland, simply because he had loved it there and he didn't trust Lancelot to protect Isolt properly. "i know Loki was dying. but i still killed him, and dozens of others simply because my Uncle wanted to have Ireland for his own." Tristan admitted, shaking his head. "is it so hard to beleive that until i entered Ireland, i'd never killed before?" no wonder it was hitting him so hard. the battles had been brutal and bloody. to have his first kill in such a god awful situation... especially being as sensitive as he was... no wonder he kept beating himself up about it, especially now that he realized that he never should have been there in the first place.

“Ahhh, I see. Well, I’ll just stop asking him then. Maybe he will stop whining about it then.”Isolt said teasing the sulking man who looked so sulky about then talking about him. Looking startled at tristan’s words she bit her lip.”Well…I guess I never considered it. You are younger then the others, I had never considered you had never killed before. I am sorry Tristan.”Isolt muttered her eyes dark and hurting for him, because no matter how strong she was, she was still a young queen, and surrounded by knights older then her, war hardened knights. Even loki had been nearly 5 years older then his young temperamental queen. leaning forward to kiss Tristan's cheek she smiled a little,"Rest, Tristan."

Sighing softly she looked up at lance.”I better get back to bed. Amrys tells me I’m still weak and should rest.”She said sulking a little gesturing to the wheelchair.”Can you help me?”

Tristan smiled a little. "i am younger. the youngest, in fact." he admitted, looking a little sheepish. "even Aramis is six years my elder." Tristan admitted with a small chuckle. "your all so old." he teased with an impish grin, Lance scowling at the insult. "i am NOT!" he complained, glaring at his freind who just laughed. "the pain will fade... first kills are always hard, but i can blame my uncle... i share the blame with him, so it doesn't hurt as bad as it could... it just... hits me sometimes, that's all..." he muttered softly. "i don't want to rest." Tristan whined, flopping back onto his bed like a petulant child. "i want to go DO something! laying in bed is boring..." he complained. yet despite his protests, he was asleep before Isolt even got into her chair, carried there by Lancelot who snickered. "he is such a child.. but growing up as sheltered and abused as he was, i suppose i cannot fault him for it." he smiled at her. "he would be very happy in Ireland. don't give up on him yet." he warned as he pushed her out of the room. "now, did you want to rest in your room, or rest in the Garden? Guenevere is in the garden with the other ladies. i beleive they are working on embroidery today."

Isolt giggled a little. “Then we’ll just have to be the youngest together. Poor lance will just have to suffer in old age and forget our names when he starts losing his memory.”the young queen smiled, in truth only a few months older then Tristan, looking amused at tristan’s whining.”If I have to rest, so do you.”Isolt sulked a little smiling a little as she leaned back into the chair, making a face.”Embroidery isn’t fun.I don’t think I want to do that.”She muttered because despite dressing like one would expect of a queen, and being kind and gentle in her healing, she really didn’t enjoy the normal womanly things. Tilting her head back to look up at him she smiled. “How about you just push me around outside for awhile, I want to enjoy the weather before it gets to cold to go out.”

Tristan smiled a little and nodded. "of course, he will have to eat all of his food mashed up, because he will have lost all of his teeth." Tristan stated with a nod, Lance rolling his eyes. "but you won't rest and we all know it!" Tristan complained, still sulking as Lance struggled not to snicker at the squabbling pair. "you don't like to do embroidery? i thought it was one of those things that women just... did. like how they always know how to make a man do what they want... instinctual..." he admitted, blinking at her. "ah well, we'll find something more entertaining for you then... Sir Kay knows some Lute, and Gawain can play the Lyre... i think Lady Marie knows the harp... perhaps we could arrange for a small concert for you?" he offered with a smile. "the three of them have played for Guenevere when she was sick, they'd be delighted to play for you." he admitted. "we have many books as well, we could make a quick stop at the library before heading out into the garden?" he offered with a smile. "if not, i think there are paints and brushes laying around, have you ever tried your hand at painting?"

“I don’t. Its…I keep poking my fingers. Then I get annoyed because I always ruin the fabric by bleeding on it.”Isolt grumbled looking annoyed before giggling at his words,”Oh, so you always do what you’re told sir lance?”She teased before smiling, perking up at the idea. “I would like music. Maybe they would teach me. IT would be nice to be able to play.”She said thoughtfully before nodding eagerly.”But for now, lets go get a book and you can read to me in the garden while I paint. I have never painted before, but I’d enjoy trying.”She said sounding pleased with the idea.

Lance laughed a little and nodded. "from what i understand, there's a trick to it. i tried to learn myself, for Gwen's sake... but when i stabbed myself in the artery she put a stop to that... i ruined ALL of the embroidery that day." he admitted with a small chuckle and a shake of the head. "of course i always do as i'm told, i'm a man aren't i?" he asked with a smile. "the only time i don't do as i'm told is when i have no other choice.... like when we're being attacked and you order me to put you down right now!... not gonna happen." he teased with a grin as he wheeled into the library. which was massive. "now, which would you like to read about?" he asked, smiling at her as he gathered up the painting supplies from a corner. once a book was selected, Lance wheeled them out into the beautiful, warm garden and the women eagerly accepted them both into the group, and listened eagerly as Lance read aloud from the book that had been chosen.

"She walks in beauty, like the night, Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that’s best of dark and bright, Meet in her aspect and her eyes; Thus mellowed to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies. One shade the more, one ray the less, Had half impaired the nameless grace Which waves in every raven tress, Or softly lightens o’er her face; where thoughts serenely sweet express, How pure, how dear their dwelling-place And on that cheek, and o’er that brow, So soft, so calm, yet eloquent, The smiles that win, the tints that glow, But tell of days in goodness spent, A mind at peace with all below, A heart whose love is innocent!" Lance intoned the poem with a smile and several of the ladies sighed. Lance had a wonderful reading voice.

“Ah, well I never learned that trick. Maybe I should talk to her.”Isolt said smiling a little at the idea of him stabbing himself, giggling a little. “Well, you should always listen to your queen, even when ordered to put someone down.”She said looking amused as she selected her book.

Isolt smiled as she painted, listening to lancelot read, blushing ever so softly as she listened to the story. But more focused on the painting she was working on. “Hm, a innocent queen you want to love lance, dear?”Gwen muttered in his ear as she leaned close to her knight, looking amused that isolt had chosen the book but lance had found a good poem to woo her with.

Tristan chuckled a little as he glanced at his Queen. "hush you... i'm trying to be seductive and sweet." he complained softly, looking amused as he flipped through the pages of the book, looking for a new poem. "The elfin smile, my heart's delight. my dreams fulfill while desire for love is willing, shrill song instill. Oh lady take my heart enjoy and so inside my love needs your tender guiding, side me reside. With you I cannot lose again, we are akin, with your kiss my mind is spinning; I win Elfin " Lance stated, shooting Isolt a smile as he started flipping through the book again.

"My Lady lies, within the skies, her heart with mine is beating. she lays her head on tender clouds, our thoughts are all but fleeting. i call to her, a storm is brewing, the tender love is leaving. my heart does beat, with shattered pain, the storm has swept thine away. to bed i go, lonely and aching, my true love gone again. in the morn, i wake to shine, and birds they softly tweeting, and lo behold, she has returned, our hearts connected once more."

that last poem is crap, but i got bored of looking up poems so i made it up myself XDD

Gwen grinned, smirking at him. “Okay okay, I’ll leave you alone.”She said smirking a little as isolt blushed as she pained, as if responding to lance’s words even if she wasn’t really aware that he was indeed speaking about her. Flushing more as lancelot smiled at her, isolt smiled a little as she paused to look at the painting, a slight from on her face as she worked to get it just right.

Gwen smiled as she leaned over to look at what she was painting a soft sound of delight and amusement escaping when she realized that isolt was painting lance as he was reading. Looking amused the queen of Camelot smirked at lance, settling back in her seat.

When they were done, and isolt had finished the painting she smiled up at the knight with a sleepy smile.”Will you sit with me until I go to sleep?”she muttered as he got ready to take her back inside, wincing a little, feeling stiff and sore from sitting in the wheelchair for so long.

Lance smirked at the Queen and examined Isolt with his head tilted a little. "she looks adorable when she's all focused like that." he muttered to Gwen with a sly grin. "doesn't she?" he asked with a smile as he read a few more love poems, looking curiously at the painting, but didn't try to sneak a peak. "of course i will." Lance promised, smiling at Isolt as he carefully wheeled her back inside. "are you alright? you must be a bit sore... would you like me to rub your back for you?" h offered, looking worried about her. "or fetch the healer? i should have thought to put pillows in your chair, i'm sorry..." he muttered, looking ashamed of himself for not thinking of her comfort.

“She does. Adorable and innocent, a good queen for you, lance.”Gwen smirked teasing the man because she wanted him to be happy, and knew that even though he was only 34, he was old enough to settle down, needed a heir for his kingdom as he rode to war. The two would fit well together, if they could just work out everything between them.

Isolt smiled a little as they moved back to her rooms, noddidng a little. “A back rub would be nice.”She said before looking at him, frowning a little.”I am a healer, you know, I don’t need one.”She whined a little as they got back to the room, shifting, standing for a moment before shifting to sit on the bed.”Don’t look so upset. I should have thought about it to.”

Lance smiled at Gwen and he nodded. "i truly... i really..." he hesitated and then looked at Gwen. "i think that i am in love with her." he admitted softly. not about to admit that the thought scared him. mostly because he knew that Tristan loved her as well. he smiled as he helped her settle onto the bed and chuckled a little as he shook his head. "healers are always the worst about taking care of themselves." Lance commented simply as he settled his hands onto her shoulders and started to give her the massage she needed and probobly deserved, slowly working his way down until he hit her hips, and then worked his way back up. he left only once she was asleep, and he was back with lunch when she woke up. "just for the record.. i'm not a good cook." Lance stated suddenly. "i never thought that making food would be so hard.."

Isolt was sighing softly in pleasure the whole time his hands were on her, enjoying the touch and sore muscles easing out, laughing quietly.”I am not. I can take care of myself.”She muttered sleepily, by the time he was done, fast asleep under his hands.

Blinking sleepily she raised a eyebrow as she looked up at him, shifting to sit up, leaning back against the headboard.”You cooked? What?”She said craning her neck to look at the bowl he was carrying, curiousity showing in her face as she smiled up at him.
"There are reasons the palace has cooks you know, you could have just had them make something."

Lance smiled a little. "i cooked a sin against nature... i swear it was moving." he admitted with a shake of his head. "i also may have set myself on fire..." he admitted, patting his hair, which had in fact been cut very short while she'd been sleeping. "in any case, the cooks nearly beat me up after i may... or may not have blown up one of their cooking stoves..." he admitted. "they forgave me when i commented that i was only trying to make you something nice... so they made this for you, but i'm taking credit for it, because they said i could." he admitted, settling a bowl of nicely warm tomato soup and soft bread next to it. "aren't i amazing?" he asked with an impish grin.

“Ohhh, poor Lance. Scarred by his cooking experiences.”She said giggling a little as she looked up at him, studying his hair. Trying to figure out if he was indeed telling the truth or he was pulling her leg. Smiling at him she smiled. “Ahh, well I’m sure they like you still.Even though you blew up the stove.”she said smiling as she nibbled on the bread, smirking at him. “Oh yes, just amazing, sir knight.”She teased.

he smiled a little. "well... i don't think i'd call myself 'scarred' but certainly a little bit frightened." he admitted with a small chuckle. "and... perhaps blowing up the stove might be an exaggeration..." he mused with a smile. "but i did set myself on fire... or i set my hair on fire. i'm told i'm lucky i didn't get burned. Gwen had to salvage what was left... it feels weird." he admitted, making a face as he ran his hands through his ear length hair again with a face. "i'll be right back. the cooks made you a three course meal, but i couldn't carry it all at the same time." he admitted with a smile as he headed back out to get the grilled fish and the cool salad that the cooks had also made. Arthur poked his head into her room shortly after. "have you seen Lance!?" he demanded, sounding highly annoyed. "he blew up my kitchen and now he's avoiding me! i don't know how many times i've told him to stay out of there!... honestly, how he manages the things he manages... if you see him, tell him i AM billing him for my kitchen this time! he IS paying me back for the gaping hole where the Stove used to be!" Arthur ordered, grumbling with annoyance as he left to continue his search for his wayward Knight of the round table.

“Oh, poor lance. You’re hair looks lovely still.”She said smiling at the soft locks that just begged to have her hand fisted in them as she dragged him down for a kiss. Blushing at the thought she looked down at her food as she started to eat, giggling a little.”Okay. I look forward to it.”Se said looking amused as lance left, looking up startled at Arthur. “I..No. he brought up my food and left.”She said swallowing hard to keep from laughing at arthur’s grumbling, before nodding.”I’ll tell him.”She agreed watching him go before smirking at lance as he came back. “arthur says your paying for the kitchen.”

Lance grimaced and then smiled sheepishly, like a young child who'd gotten caught in the cookie jar and was trying to look cute and innocent. "well... i suppose that's fair... i did make a hell of a mess... but honestly, i didn't know that you couldn't clamp down the lid of the pot like that!" he complained, sulking as he handed her the plate of grilled fish and vegetables and the Salad with slices of fresh fruit. "besides, Arthur is the one who pays me, he can just take it out of what he owes me for taking care of those hob-goblins last month." Lance stated with a dismissive wave of his hands. "Gwen has your painting by the way, and she won't give it to me." he admitted with a sulk. "i wanted to see what you'd painted..."

Isolt’smouth fell open looking at him in shock, giggling a little at his admittance. “You put the lid down?Lance!”She giggled wincing as the giggling fit made her whole chest hurt as it disturbed her stitches. Smiling as she started to eat she smiled.”Well, you’ll have to tell him that.”She smiled before blushing looking down at her plate, shaking her head a little.”Just doodles. Nothing much.”She muttered avoiding looking at him as she blushed, not about to admit to painting him.

Lance smiled sheepishly. "well all the water kept coming out over the sides and killing the fire..." he complained, sulking only a lot. "and i will tell him that." he stated with a sniff. he smiled at her a little. "so i was wondering. when your feeling better... would you mind terribly if i asked for the honor of courting you?" flowers, candy, candle lit dinners and other romantic things in an effort to win her heart. who'd have thought Lance of all people would be capable of such things?

Back
Top Bottom