Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tale of Tristan and Isolt-Lady/Moon

Isolt looked up at him, smiling a little. “Hm, I knew you were a good man.”She teased looking amused before turning to look at the people watching them, blushing slightly as gwen just smirked. “Be careful wrestling Lance, I don’t want to have to beat you for injuring my patient again.”She said smiling a little as they walked back towards the others, “Are you sure you’re up to wrestling?”she said frowning at Tristan, looking concerned. She wanted nothing more then to forbid him from doing it, but she knew it would do him good.

“Oh, isolt, stop being so fussy. Just sit and watch two good looking men grab each other.”Gwen said grinning. “….I think they would be rather wrestling females in that way, instead of men.”Isolt said smirking, unlike the women of later centuries, the woman of England and Ireland at the moment were refreshingly open and seductive, even brazen.

Lance smiled a little. "how could i not be?" he asked with a smirk. "with Gwen and Arthur making sure i stay on the straight and narrow?" he asked with a small chuckle. "i'm not the one who has to be careful i'll have you know. even half cripple, i fear i will lose to Tristan." he admitted with a snicker as he pealed off his shirt, Tristan smirking at the lady Isolt. "i need the exercise my lady. i can crawl and grapple just fine." he assured her. "there is a reason why i am.... was, the Champion of my Uncles court." he admitted as he carefully got to his feet and accepted Aramis's help in going down to the ring. stairs still gave Tristan a great deal of trouble. once he was on the flat ground though, he pealed off his shirt as well and joined Lance in the ring, cracking his knuckles and neck before they both assumed position and waited for the starting sound. Aramis snickered at Gwen and nudged her in the ribs gently. "with the way Tristan acts, sometimes i don't wonder if he really would rather be grabbing at men." he admitted with a smirk. it was no secrete that Tristan found the more... flirtatious women completely terrifying. "oh! they've started!" and they had, they where rolling on the ground, struggling with each other, grappling and struggling to knock each other tot he ground. surprisingly, it was Lance who was tossed to the ground first, and then the fight continued on the ground, their slick bodies soon coated in dust and grime as they rolled around and around until, finally, a gasping Tristan, eyes alight with Glee, held Lance down into the dirt with an Arm lock... "Winner! Tristan!"

Isolit laughed swallowing hard as she looked at the bare chested men, shaking her head a little. “I know you do, but I wish your excerising wasn’t this.”she grumbled looking amused though as she watched them. “Hm, sometimes, but he watches isolt, you know he does.”Gwen muttered leaning closer to aramis so the other queen wouldn’t overhear, looking amused because isolt blend of shy and seductive seemed to be just what Tristan needed, even if it worried her to watch isolt responding to both Tristan and lancelot. Laughing as they watched, looking amused as Tristan won.

“Aww, I should have bet something.”Isolt pouted a little looking amused as she watched the two men.

Aramis smiled at the woman. "do not begrudge him this. he feels useless and cooped up. it will be good for him to trounce someone for a while. Lance is a very good wrestler, but he doesn't stand a chance against Tristan. none of the Round Table stand a chance against Tristan once he's got both feet planted on the ground." Aramis admitted with a smirk as he leaned back towards Gwen. "i dare say, they might come to blows over her fair heart." he admitted softly with a small chuckle before he looked worried. "i'm not sure if Lance could handle someone taking his love again though..." he muttered. "are we going to have to intervene or do you think they could share?" he asked, his eyes dancing with brilliant amusement as he suggested that Isolt be a part of a threesome... with her in charge of course. "you can bet on me my lady!" Aramis purred with a grin. "i am playing Swords with Lance next." he admitted as he hopped to his feet to help Tristan sit back down. the man looked much, much happier after his victory.

Gwen laughed looking amused as she glanced at aramis, raising her eyebrows a little.”I think, after they come to blows, they could come to a agreement to share the fair isolt.”She muttered looking just as amused as aramis at the idea. Because if Arthur had been able to stomach the idea, she would have lancelot. But alas, the three of them had been ill suited to a threesome, she had a feeling the three in front of her would be much better.

“Ah, well then I shall just have to bet that you will win, sir aramis.”She said smiling as she looked at Tristan, “will you take that bet?”

Aramis snickered a little and shook his head before grinning as he helped the tuckered out Tristan into his seat. Aramis smirked, looking quite pleased that he was being bet upon and Lance pouted that Isolt wasn't betting on him to win and Tristan smirked. "twenty Quid on Lance then. because he has bigger arms." Lance snorted and glanced at Aramis. "...we ARE certain he's not... Fay, right?" he asked in a staged whisper, yelping when he found a padded helmet flung at his head from an annoyed Tristan. it missed of course and Lance skipped away laughing. "i am NOT FAY!" Tristan roared. "Women just scare the crap out of me! they look like they want to eat me! Gwen QUIT it!"

Isolt laughed at lancelot’s pout, only laughing harder at tristan’s words, even as her eyes flickered over lance’s body.”Hmm, well he has to have a bigger something then everyone else.”She teased a little. Gwen laughed nodding as aramis got pelted with a weapon.”I am quite sure he’s not. And Tristan, they DO want to eat you. Nibble on every succulent part.”Gwen said smirking as she looked at the knight, looking more amused at the flush that crept up isolt’s neck then tristan’s fury. More entertained in teasing isolt and seeing how lance would react then in tristan’s reaction.

Lance sulked even more at that. "i will have you know that i am perfectly portioned in ALL ways!" he complained, Aramis bursting into laughter at that as Tristan smirked. "no your not." the crippled man stated loftily and Lance sulked even more and turned away with a huff. Lance did looke very cute when he was pouting, and Tristan had gone completely red and he tried to creep away from gwen, Arthur snickering. "oh leave the man alone my Lovely. he's about to run away screaming, and we both know how that will end up. we don't need to make Isolt care for him AGAIN!" Arthur pointed out. "although, i do have to wonder how she has it in her." that had both Lance and Tristan's attention. "has what in her?" Tristan asked suspiciously. "the self control to not molest you when your helpless of course." Tristan sputtered. "i can think of no less than ten healers who want to take care of you all by themselves...." Arthur teased, Tristan sputtering in denial. it was fun picking on Lance and Tristan.

“Hm, so you are. Though I might have to look you over to make sure you are.”Isolt teased looking amused as lance pouted, blushing a little as she watched them. “Aww, aramis. But its so much fun teasing him.”Gwen pouted before laughing as isolt blushed and stood.”I’m going inside. I’m hungry.”She stated fleeing before any of them could protest. Gwen’s smirk widened as she looked up at her husband, “So, which teasing got to her more?Discussing lance’s…well portioned parts, or molesting Tristan?”She snickered looking amused as the woman fled. Not realizing the woman was going to get in trouble on her own, after all, enough time had past for mark to realize his nephew had no intention of leaving Camelot, and that he needed to be dealt with. But first, the healer-bitch had to be dealt with first, otherwise she might pull another miracle off and save him again.

Tristan also high tailed it out of there, moving slowly towards the castle, unable to handle anymore teasing for the day, Lance offering all four gossip mongers a fierce scowl. "don't you DARE pick on that poor girl!" he ordered sternly. "i'm ashamed of you!" he bit out, annoyed that they had upset Isolt before also heading to the castle. unaware that there was someone in the castle who shouldn't have been.

"Lady Isolt?" a young woman asked, cradling her arm and limping as if in great pain. "are you the Lady Isolt? please.. please help me..." she whispered. "the man, he came from nowhere... he forced himself upon me..." no healer could resist that, or the tears flowing down the poor woman's cheeks. "please..." she begged. once Isolt got too close though, the cradled arm came loose, and a slender knife, dripping in poison sank into her chest. the knife missed Isolt's heart and lungs by bare centimeters, and the knife was pulled out, and plunged back in. into the side this time, once again just barely missing any important parts, the knife sliding effortlessly in-between ribs and then sliding back out before the woman hiked up her skirts, flashed her a smug grin and gave her a mocking bow. "Ireland will soon belong to the Pope." she stated before she took off, leaving Isolt to bleed to death... which was both lucky, and the worst thing possible. lucky because as hard as she was bleeding, the poison wouldn't stay in her system... bad because... well... she was dying of blood loss. "...ISOLT!" Lance screamed in horror, having followed Isolt in order to comfort her after being teased so cruelly. "SOMEONE HELP!"

Gwen watched her knight go, offering her husband a amused smile, though she did looking vaguely contrite at the teasing. “We should be ashamed of ourselves shouldn’t we?”She muttered slipping a arm around his waist as they headed back inside.

Isolt frowned looking startled at the sight, swallowing hard as she moved closer to the woman, yelping as the woman stabbed her, the posion working quickly enough that the woman hadn’t been able to defend herself as she went down. Curling up around herself she pressed her hands against her wounds, though blood still streamed through her fingers, itw as slowing some. “lance…”She said starting to go limp, “Bandages after….have to bleed out the poison…bandage when I pass out…”She shuddered looking up at the knight.

“Lance?What happened?”Gwen rushed down the hall as she saw the two, turning to look up at Arthur. “Seal the grounds. The attacker shouldn’t have gotten far.”She said even as she moved to lance’s side, swallowing hard. “We have to move her to the bed.”She said.”I’ll go get one of the healers and meet you there.”The queen said already rushing past as they worked on saving ireland’s queen.

Hours later Isolt blinked slowly, frowning a little. her heart ached, she felt shattered and hallowed out. she was hurt, badly. and she didn't know what to think, she felt headblind, hurt worse then she ever been before, and she had no idea what to think about being the patient instead of the healer.

Arthur chuckled a little. "Lance is only annoyed because he thinks we honestly upset Isolt. she was just a little embarrassed is all." he commented calmly. "he'll forgive us easily enough." he admitted before gasping as he heard yelling inside the castle and took off at a sprint.

Lancelot was trembling violently as he gathered her into his arms and tried to stop the bleeding, Arthur nodding at his Wife's orders, racing down the hall while yelling for his Knights of the round table. it only took twenty minutes to seal the castle, but the woman was already gone. leaving only a bleeding to death Isolt.

Lance waited in the room for Isolt to awaken. he was reading a book with one hand, and holding her hand with the other. Tristan had landed in bed again after he'd struggled against five other knights trying to escape the castle so he could hunt down the woman who had tried to kill Isolt. the poor guy had exaughsted himself, and he probobly had set himself back a few weeks of recovery. "Isolt! your awake!" Lance's voice was filled with relief, joy, and worry. "we had to call a healer from Ireland." he admitted. "we managed to stop the bleeding, but we didn't know what else to do... you wouldn't wake up... it's been four days..." he admitted softly. gently stroking her hair out of her face. "how are you feeling, do you need anything? i have hot broth here that Healer Amery made for you." at least they could trust Amryss. it was rare to have a male gifted in the arts of healing, but he was. and he had trained under Isolt and practically worshiped the ground she walked on. he was as protective as an older brother too. she was in very good hands. if he hadn't been Fay, he might have tried to marry her himself, right along side Loki... as it was, Amryss had been more interested in Loki, than in Isolt.

Isolt jerked in startlement as the knight talked to her, swallowing hard as she looked up at lance. Frowning a little as she considered his words, turning her head a little into his hand as lance stroked her hair. “I…I lost a lot of blood. Took time to recover.”She said as she took mental inventory to make sure she really was recovering, before smiling a little. She looked sickly, tired, but alive. “…broth would be nice.”She said swallowing hard, pleased to hear amery was here, she could trust her student. Trying to sit up she stopped, slumping back onto the bed as she looked up at lance.”You’ll have to help me…cant sit up on my own.”She said raising a hand, gently fingering the bandages on her chest, trying to see just how hurt she was.

he nodded a little. "yes, Amryss wasn't sure you where going to make it..." Lance admitted, looking terrified by that thought. "here, don't try to sit up. you'll tear the stitches..." Lance warned as he carefully, very carefully eased the other into a sitting position and slipped behind her so he could support her easily. "don't touch." he ordered softly, gently moving her hands away from her injuries. "you'll aggravate the injury." he muttered before carefully offering her the bowl, supporting it, but letting her guide it, helping her to eat. he said nothing of Tristan, she would worry about him, and not focus on her own healing.

Isolt smiled a little as she leaned back against him, closing her eyes for a moment at the feel of those strong arms and chest holding her so easily. Whining a little as he moved her hands away,”I’m a queen. You don’t get to order me around, especially when I’m a healer to.”She pouted a little but helping him hold the bowl, sipping the broth. Sighing after a few minutes she finished, closing her eyes as she rested her head back on his chest. “I’m tired.”she muttered relaxing, content to be with him.”You look worried about me not waking up lance.”She muttered turning her head to look up at him, looking curious.

he smiled a little. "i do too get to order you around, Amryss gave me permission. something about you being a terrible patient." he admitted with a small chuckle, shaking his head a little. "i know your tired. you can sleep as much as you need to My Lady." he promised her before flushing brilliantly as she called him out on his worry. "i... admittedly i have come to care a very great deal for you." he admitted softly. "i beleive that i might... possibly be in love with you." he admitted softly, flushing furiously.

“I am not a terrible patient!I can take care of myself.”Isolt huffed then winced as the motion strained her stitches. Smiling as she closed her eyes she nodded.”I’ll sleep then.”She muttered blushing a little at his words, “I care about you to. You are very kind, and good to me….but you are queen gwen’s champion. I cant steal another queen’s champion.”She muttered as she drifted off to sleep.

Gwen snickered a little from the doorway, studying the two for a long moment. “you’d think she’d know I’d rejoice if you found someone to settle down with.”She teased a little as she looked at her knight, looking concerned for him.”You know she cares for Tristan to. Even if she doesn’t admit it.”She said worrying about his heart, and worried he wouldn’t be able to accept sharing his potential queen.

Lance smirked a little. "you really are a terrible patient." he muttered with a small smile. "sometimes, you have to let other people help you." he pointed out with a small chuckle. "besides, Gwen can find a better champion than myself." he lied with a smile. well, no, it wasn't exactly a lie, he believed it to be true, but it was a lie nonetheless. he nearly leaped out of his skin when Gwen spoke and he blinked at her and grimaced. "...i know." he whispered softly, looking rather heartbroken. "and i also know that Tristen deserves her much more than i." he admitted. "but this time... i wish to be greedy... i want to love her, and i will." he decided, stroking her hair. "and if she ends up not loving me back, i will wish her all the happiness in the world... but this time, i will not give up without at least trying..." because he had given up Gwen, simply because he could see just how much she loved Arthur. he had not wanted to hurt his Queen by fighting to keep her, when he couldn't make her as happy.

Gwen smirked a little. “There is no better champion, Lance, but I will let you go. For you deserve to be happy.”She said studying him before sighing softly. “She deserves to be happy, with whoever wins her heart. Fight for her, she’s a healer who is also a queen and warrior. She will choose for nothing else.”gwen smiled as she walked over, bending down to kiss his forehead, pained because she was scared for him, scared to see how badly this would go if the three couldn’t come to some understanding. “I’ll let you rest. Get some sleep Lance, you’ve stayed up as long as she’s been asleep.”She muttered stroking his hair out of his face as she straightened and moved towards the door, eager to see what would come next.

A few days later Isolt looked around the room carefully, making sure none of the men-from lance to aramis to Tristan- weren’t in the room, for if they knew she was getting up, she knew they would pounce on her and be demanding. But she needed to get up, and regain a part of herself that the attack had hurt. Swallowing hard as she sat up on the bed, she took a deep breath, before starting to push off the bed, legs shaking a little as she used the bed pole to steady herself, feeling shaky but forcing herself to stay up as she worked to make her body work again. Lance was right, she really was a terrible patient.

Lance smiled at her. "i am sure you could find someone better." that was one thing that was so good about Lance, he didn't have an Ego like many of the other knights did. Lance never thought he was any better than anyone else. "i will certainly fight for her." he promised with a small smile. "i don't need to rest just yet. i'll take a bath first." he decided as he suddenly smelled himself. he shook his head a little and left the room, leaving Gwen to watch over Isolt.

two days later, Lance and Tristan where both in Tristan's room, talking. neither where aware that Isolt was up... unfortunately, Amryss walked in just as she had stood up and he sighed at her. "Lady Isolt. if i had been stabbed twice and narrowly missed bleeding to death, would you allow me out of bed after two days?" he demanded, his sharp black eyes glittering with amusement. "come, i have a chair for you. it would be wise not to strain yourself." he warned. "you'll pull out your stitches and start to bleed out again." he warned as he pulled in some massive wooden construction. "Gawain made this for you after watching some kids playing on a small cart." he admitted as he let her examine it. the wheels where too big, but she'd be able to get out of her room at least. "Tristan's been asking for you as well. he's terribly worried but he doesn't have the strength to get out of bed after he fought off four Knights to try and hunt down the woman who hurt you."

Isolt glared at her student, swallowing hard. “No, but I’m fine. I need to get up, I’m queen. I cant just lay around.”She grumbled looking annoyed before eyes widening at the sight of contraption, blushing a wheelchair, flushing a little as she realized that Gawain had cared enough to see that she could move about. Smiling a little as she moved over, sitting in the chair as she looked up at him. “What?He shouldn’t have done that.”Isolt looked startled, having not known that Tristan had been laid up again. Well she had, but she hadn’t known that it was because he’d tried fighting off the others, she’d assumed he’d tired himself out after the jousting and all.

Swallowing hard she looked up at amryss.”Will you take me over to see how he is?”

Amryss chuckled. "yes, you are the Queen, but that won't stop you from being hurt. think about this, for a moment Lady Isolt. you can't help people, if you are too injured to. it's the same thing you tell your healers every day. you need to rest once and a while. you can't help people if you are exaughsted and starving." he pointed out. "now, settle into your wheeling chair and we will go see Tristan and Lance." he chuckled a little. "oh Tristan couldn't be stopped once he found out someone had tried to kill you and the person who had done it got away." Amryss admitted. "he fought off five other knights trying to get out of the castle to hunt down the woman who did it..." he paused and then. "we did catch her though. she was working for the pope as far as we can tell. he really wants Ireland." he admitted as he carefully pushed the monster of a chair out into the hallway and down towards Tristan's room, where Lance and he where talking quite seriously about a new letter from Mark of Cornwall.

Isolt just straed at him, sighing a little.”Fine. I’ll rest.”she grumbled as she sat down, looking annoyed that she had to admit that she was hurt enough that she needed the rest. “he still shouldn’t have. He’s made himself weak again.”She grumbled annoyed with her patient before nodding, paling slightly at his words.”Well…at least we know why. We’ll just have to be careful now.”She swallowed hard trying to not think about the fear that filled her. Smiling slightly at the sight of the two knights, she tilted her head, “What are you two discussing so seriously?”She smiled a little.

Amryss chuckled a little. honestly he was amazed she'd listened, she usually ignored him and everyone else when she was hurt or sick. maybe being in this place was good for her. "oh! that's a fancy contraption." Tristan stated, looking surprised. "what a grand idea! a chair with wheels on it! i want one!" he complained, Lance snickering as he shook his head. "it looks monsterus. but as long as it's functional." he mused, examining the chair. "this looks like Gawain's work..." he mused. "remember that horse cart he made last year?" "yeah, it was ugly too." they both laughed and then Tristan grimaced and looked at his letter. "...since i am not returning to Cornwall, my uncle has deemed to send my... betrothed to me." he admitted, looking like he wanted to be sick. "she's... well she's a catholic woman and from what i gather... she's been told that i'm an uncivilized brute who will do little more than rape and beat her." Lance grimaced. "she's petrified of me... i don't even want to marry the poor girl." he admitted with a small sigh as he held out the second letter. "this letter was from her lady in waiting." the Lady in Waiting had written to Tristan, begging him to be nice to his future bride. "Uncle is in deep with the Pope. this woman is from the higher echelon of Catholic hierarchy... it's supposed to be a great honor, Uncle is demanding that i convert to Catholicism to better suit my wife." he snorted. "like THAT is ever going to happen. screw him."

“Its nice. Made visiting you easier then walking.”Isolt smiled at the two men, before laughing softly, nodding.”It is Gawain’s. He made it for me, but he might make one for you if you ask.”She teased before frowning, looking serious as she leaned back into her seat, grimacing at her words. “…oh Tristan…that’s horrible.”She muttered looking pained for the man who was so good, that even dying he’d tried to protect her. She couldn’t even consider that he’d hurt his future bride. “…No. You are going to Ireland, land of the mother-goddess and all the others. You cant convert to catholic, even if it would suit your wife.”Isolt frowned looking annoyed, having already decided that he was going to Ireland, or at least away from his uncle.”It would be unsuitable for a knight of the round table, much less my champion, to be catholic. We’ll just have to be kind to the girl.”

Back
Top Bottom