Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Her Parisian Charm (Charliesweb7 & BassEXE)

"A lot of classic books. Catcher in the Rye, Shakespeare, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby...." She named a few. "I read some of it during school but they are very interesting to me. I have read Harry Potter." She explained. Then again, what kid hadn't read or seen those movies? "Hunger Games as well." She added.

Jake nodded. "Those are good books. I loved "Mockingbird". Didn't care for "Gatsby" though." He admitted with an even tone. He softened the fact that he despised the book. It wasn't his speed.

Mirielle nodded her head when he spoke about books. "Do you play an interments?" She asked him. What else did they have in common? She was enjoying having this "date" with him. It just was nice. She just hoped their wasn't a kiss at the end.

Jake sighed when she asked about an instrument. "I gave up. Learning was too difficult." He said shyly, blushing in embarrassment. "But it's okay. I'm just not musically inclined." He explained.

"You should never give up!" She replied. "What did you try to learn?" Mirielle asked him. She loved playing music. It was calming to her. Of course, she didn't bring her violin and not like she could bring a piano!

"Oh I play piano." She replied to him with a smile. "I have been since I was a small child. It is really enjoyable for me. But everyone has different strengths right?" She explained. Mirielle then picked up her water, taking a long sip.

Jake nodded. "That's why I took up drawing. I found that I'm good with it." He said smiling, taking a sip of water as well.

"I would love to see your drawings if you don't mind." She explained. "What do you usually draw?" She asked. Was he a landscape person? Portraits? She was just curious.

"I draw all sorts of things. Characters, monsters, weapons, backgrounds. All products of my imagination." He explained. "I'll show you my notebook when we get back home, okay?" He smiled. The steward then walked up. "What can I get you to eat this evening?" He asked. "I'll take the stuffed ravioli." He said smiling.

"How did you learn to draw?" She asked him. Was he self taught or did he take a lot of classes? When the waitress arrived, she looked up and then to her menu. "The smoked mozzarella chicken please." She replied. She made sure that she didn't pick something too expensive but not the cheapest thing. Not like she was going to order seafood or something like that. She folded her menu and handed it to the waitress.

Jake followed suit, handing the menu to the waitress and smiling at Mirielle. "I kinda taught myself." He explained sheepishly. He was never one to brag, but he had to explain where he learned. He took a sip of his soda and smiled at her.

"Really?" She asked him. he must have been very talented then. She smiled gently and crossed her legs under the table. "Did you look at any books or anything?" She asked him curiously. She could draw hearts and starts roughly. Maybe a few other things but nothing major at all.

"Well...at first I did. But then I started drawing the stuff in my imagination." He explained, smiling and loving this conversation. Maybe he could teach her? "Maybe...I could teach you...in return for teaching me how to play an instrument. Fair deal?" He asked hopefully.

Mirielle smiled as she then looked at him. His offer was surely interesting. "Sure...I mean I don't have an instrument here though. I play the violin and the piano." She replied to him. She loved music. She was classical trained on both instruments.

Jake nodded. "That's fine. I'm sure we can use one of my dad's old instruments." He said happily. He would gladly learn under Mirielle. He smiled happily at her.

"You dad plays?" She asked. "What does he play?" She questioned. Mirielle was very curious about it. It seemed that most of their conversation was about this. Soon sone fresh baked bread was delivered with some dipping oil. "That smells amazing. It reminds me of the boulangeries back home." She whispered. The fresh baked breads and croissants and such.

"Well, he played piano. He was amazing, but he had to stop because of business. He's still playing for requests. He even has a piano at his office building!" He said happily.

"Oh really? I play the piano. And the violin." She replied. She couldn't remember if she told him that. "I would love to hear your father play sometimes." She tad him. She hadn't noticed a piano in their house. Mirielle took a piece of the bread, putting a little bit of butter onto the plate and then buttering a small piece.

Jake smiled. "Well, he has a hidden room in the house. A secret compartment. It's a room that can be used as like a bunker, or a secret family meeting room and whatnot. It's pretty cool." He said happily.

"A secret room?" She asked curiously. That sounded interesting. Where was this secret room? In a basement of some sort? She was very curious now! "Could I be able to see it?" She asked. She would love to see something like that.

"Of course you can see it! We're living under the same roof! You should be able to!" Jake said happily as the food soon arrived. Jake took in the smell. "Awesome."

"Well, I didn't want to put your father on the spot it all." She explained. Once it was delivered, she could get a nice smell of the food. The delicious aroma seemed to dance along her nostrils. "It does smell rather amazing." She replied gently with a smile. "Thank you for taking me here." She added.

charliesweb7 said:
"Well, I didn't want to put your father on the spot it all." She explained. Once it was delivered, she could get a nice smell of the food. The delicious aroma seemed to dance along her nostrils. "It does smell rather amazing." She replied gently with a smile. "Thank you for taking me here." She added.

"it's no trouble...thanks for going out with me.." Jake said softly, blushing ever so slightly.

Well they hadn't even gone to the movies yet. She wondered what movie they would be seeing. She didn't understand why he blushed so much around her. "Do you travel?" She asked, cutting up her piece of chicken resting on top. Even though she was right handed, she cut with her left hand. It was something she learned as a small child.

Back
Top Bottom