Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Her Parisian Charm (Charliesweb7 & BassEXE)

Mirielle saw her charter floating in the bubble. "What just happened?" She asked, confused. She then looked to Jake. "Yes....I am just confused on a lot of things. I think I will get the hang of it later on...." She replied to him, crossing her legs as she looked to the screen.

"Well, you see, that's how Nintendo let's people keep playing in the current Mario games. When you die, you get put back in the game as a bubble. Then another player pops it, letting you continue playing!" He explained happily.

"Well that is good!" She replied. She had a feeling that she would be needing that a lot. And she was right as she jumped on the green tube and a plant ate her. "Darn!" She added, frowning a bit. "I am not really good at this." She told him. In due time she would be.

Jake smiled at her. "It is good. Even I need it every now and then. You think I'm good? Then my dad's an expert!" He said with pride. He then watched her lose another life. "D'oh. Watch out for Piranha Plants. Here's a tip, they hide in the pipes when you stand right next to them." He said, all too willing to give her advice. A couple trials later, they finished the first level! "Congratulations! You made it!" Jake said happily, patting her back.

So his father played video games as well? Interesting. Maybe one day she could sit and watch. Maybe. "Piranha plants?" She asked. That must have been the thing that came out of the pipe. The Japanese were strange people. She died a few more times but then they finished the level. "Yes!" She replied with a smile. That surely wasn't the end of the game....right? Mirielle brushed back some hair and looked to him. "What happens now?" She asked.

"We go to the next level!" Jake said happily. They then went to the world map. "Okay, this is where we continue the game. We select levels here." He said calmly.

"How many levels are there?" She asked gently. Mirielle then looked at the map. It seemed to be very big. "That is a lot of levels....when do you save the...Princess Peach was it?" She asked him. She moved her legs, crossing them again and looking to the massive TV.

Jake smiled. "There are a lot of levels, but we don't have to do them all tonight. Let's just get to the end of World 1, okay?" He asked, smiling.

Where was the end of world one? Mirielle nodded her head. "Alright." She said gently. "I am not sure how good I will be. I am not good at this game." She added. But she knew that Jake was so happy with her playing. So she would continue. And it was fun.

World One ended after five more levels. Jake smiled. "You'll get a lot better. Nowhere to go but up." He encouraged, selecting the second level.

5 more levels. Maybe she would get better by then. She nodded her head softly. "I think I am getting the hang of this!" She replied to him, watching him select the next level. Hopefully she did better.

This time the experience seemed to go better for Mirielle. At least from what Jake could see. The Fire Flower was introduced, and as they went, Jake taught her the uses of the Fire Ability. "The main use is a long range attack, so you can hang back a bit without getting hit." Jake explained.

She nodded her head. "Hit....what exactly?" Mirielle asked him. She was just so....unaware. Almost in a cute way. She bit on her lower lip, then looking at the controller before back at the screen.

"Why, getting hit by the enemies, of course!" Jake explained, smiling. She was so cute! But he knew better than to take advantage of her. He didn't even know how to!

Jake continued to lead her through the levels, until they came to the first boss.

Mirielle then nodded her head. "Oh...I knew that." She replied, blushing a bit. Were all Americans really into video games? Her brother had time limits on his games. He could only play for 2 hours, after his homework was done. Also having more than one TV. Was that normal? There was just so much to learn about their culture!

"What is happening now?" She asked, noticing the screen changing significantly.

Jake nodded. "Yeah. That's the basis of it." He said happily. When the first of the "Koopalings" showed up, Lemmy, Jake gave a quick run down.

"Basically, we have to hit him three times to beat him." He explained, showing her how to dodge his attacks.

She followed after him, then dogging an attack. "Hit him with what? The....fire.....thing?" She asked, not remembering what it was called. She yelped a bit as she almost got hit. Mirielle was not exactly cut out for it. She bit on her lip, concentrating.

"C'mon, you can do it! Just jump on him! THree jumps and he's done!" Jake encouraged, helping her get close.

Mirielle then got closer, jumping on him once. "I got it once!" She added, then moving back so he could take care of the other ones. She wanted him to deal with that. Otherwise she would kill herself.

Jake then jumped on him the second time. "Okay! One more!" Then Jake pulled a surprise. He picked up Mirielle's character, and threw him onto the boss, effectively defeating him! "Yeah!" Jake cheered.

Mirielle treaded closer but then Jake picked up her character and threw him onto the boss. "What are you doing?" She asked quickly when he threw her. But the boss was defeated. She smiled in response. "So we won?" She asked Jake, looking to him.

"Yup! That's World One finished!" Jake smiled gladly. Afterwards, he was prompted to save. He did so, and smiled again. "We've earned a break. I can safely say you're getting better." He said happily.

Break? He surely meant he was done for the night right? She lightly set down the controller, standing up and stretching a bit. "That was interesting." She replied, unsure of what to tell him. Mirielle was unsure if she loved it a lot or just enjoyed it.

Mirielle nodded her head gently. "Okay...." She whispered. She followed him upstairs and to her room. "Goodnight...." She replied with a gentle smile before slipping into her bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom