Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Her Parisian Charm (Charliesweb7 & BassEXE)

Mirielle wondered why this seemed to be such a big deal. Had he not dated before? Even Mirielle had been out on a few "dates" back home. They were nothing overly serious however. She just smiled, unsure of what to say at the moment now.

Richard sighed. "I'm being careful. I want Jake's first date to be good to him." Jake blushed. Sometimes he felt over pampered.

Again...he thought that she was going to hurt him. "So what do you normally do on a date?" She asked curiously. Maybe his parents would know more. She had seen American movies and it was the "dinner and a movie" thing. Just by her asking meant that she was rather innocent right?

Richard smiled. "Jake will take you to see a movie and to dinner, then bring you back home. But that will happen this weekend." Richard explained. Jake blushed, embarrassed at them explaining for him.

Was it normal for parents to plan out the dates as well? He was an adult right? She just nodded her head softly. "That sounds rather nice!" She explained with a smile. It was a Monday so she had something to look forward to.

Jake sighed. "I told her what we were doing already, dad. You don't have to do things for me!" He protested, embarrassed. Richard sighed. "Sorry. I get too controlling, Mirielle. Forgive me."

Mirielle watched as they seemed to argue. "Should I give all of you some privacy?" She asked gently, feeling like she was still intruding. This seemed to be a family matter. Not something that she needed to be involved in. Even though it was about her.

Jake blushed. "No! Sorry. Ugh! I'm just embarrassing myself!" He stood up and walked away, his face heating up. "Oh dear..." Rebecca muttered. Richard pinched the bridge of his nose.

Mirielle watched as he walked away, now Mirielle blushing. "I am terribly sorry..." She asked. She felt like it was her fault. "I will just go back to my room..." She added, turning on her heel. She was a little dumbfounded and a little embarrassed herself. She didn't understand everything.

(I think this is a big mix up...)

Jake sighed and slumped in the hallway, near his room and Mirielle's room. He hung his head sadly.

Mirielle headed back to her room, seeing that Jake was outside his room. "Oh... I am really sorry that I made you upset." She replied to him. She didn't understand that he was just embarrassed.

"You didn't upset me, Mirielle. My parents just dote on me so much, it's embarrassing.." He explained, hanging his head.

Okay so she didn't upset him. That was good. She looked to him when he spoke about his parents. "Dote on you?" She repeated. What did that mean? She had never heard that word before.

"Meaning they fuss over and are overly protective of me." Jake sighed. "I'm 18! A legal adult! I should be able to do things without this happening!" He sighed and calmed down.

Dote on someone. Well she just learned a new phrase. She had a feeling there would be a lot of learning....especially all of those pesky idioms the American's had. "Well..." She started. "It sounds like they just care for you no?" She asked him. "Maybe they are just trying to care for you?" She offered her suggestion.

Jake nodded. "I understand that..." He sighed. "But it's kind of overwhelming at times..." He explained.

Well he should be happy that his parents cared so much. From what she heard, a lot of children in the US had parents who were divorced. Mirielle was unsure what else to say. She was not good in these situations. Well ones she did not fully understand. "I am going to go into my room if that is okay. Could you let me know when dinner is ready?" She asked.

Jake smiled and nodded. "It's okay. I'm grateful that they care so much. I just wish they didn't embarrass me." He explained. He then nodded. "Sure. I'll let you know." He said happily.

She had never had her parents do really embarrassing things... Not that she could remember. They joked a bit but they were more or less very serious. Mirielle was already missing home. She walked into her room, seeing all of the things. Yes, she missed her siblings and her parents. It would be a long semester away, but worth it. She had never been away from them before.

Jake sighed and walked to his room. An hour later he entered Mirielle's room. "Mirielle? Dinnertime." He said kindly.

Mirielle had been on her bed, and on her laptop checking her facebook out and posting pictures from the airports. She looked up when Jake entered her room. "Oh thank you!" She replied with a smile. She logged out, then lightly shutting her laptop. She placed it under her pillow before getting up and following Jake down the stairs. "So what do you normally have for dinner?" She asked. DId they eat well? Lots of fruits and vegetables?

Once she got into the dinging room, she saw the massive spread before her. "Wow, this is a lot of food!" She replied. It was was! There was a large....ham in the center of the table. Well she thought it was a ham. Then were lots of sides and desserts. It looked like Thanksgiving, not that she knew what that was either. She waited for someone to tell her where to sit.

"Sit next to me, Mirielle." Jake suggested, smiling. The family and Mirielle were then served their food.

Mirielle nodded, her lightly taking a seat. She grabbed the cloth napkin, setting it down onto her lap. She was waiting for someone to start getting food but then their plates were served by servant. This was all very new to her indeed. She waited until everyone else started eating before she picked up her fork and looked down. "So...what is all of this? It looks good!" She replied. She didn't want them thinking she was complaining about the food. She was just curious as to what everything on her plate was. She had never seen some of this before.

Richard smiled. "Ham, cooked well-done, with some broccoli, mashed potatoes, and freshly sliced peaches." He explained. Jake nodded. "Mashed potatoes are a big Southern US dish." He added.

Could you cook ham any other way? Mirielle was curious about that. She smiled gently. "Well it looks good." She replied. She tried a bit of the mashed potatoes. They were creamy and delicious. No wonder people loved them here! She knew she loved peaches and broccoli so that was no mystery.

Back
Top Bottom