Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Save a horse, ride a Cowboy (Charliesweb7 & pnw2013)

"Wow," he sympathized with her. "So you've never had a real place to call home, huh?" He stared at the ceiling for a moment. He had always had this place and Texas to call home, he couldn't imagine moving around so many times and staying for such a short time. "Well, if it's any consolation, you're welcome to call this home. I know I do."

He interjected, "Hey, the water should be pretty hot by now, if you wanna head up."

"Kind of. But I got used to moving around so that is not really a big deal. But my parents haven't moved since we moved back to Texas so that is a good thing at least." She replied to him. She smiled gently when he spoke about calling this place home. She wouldn't but it was a nice gesture. "Yeah, I will do that." She said, getting up. She went to the closet and picked out her nightwear and then a towel. She went into the bathroom and too a nice long shower...until the hot water ran out and she was freezing. She changed into the silk tank top and short set she head, then heading down the stairs again. She smelled of citrus when she came in. "So...there is not much to do around here." She explained.

He called across the room, "There's actually plenty to do. You just have to look for it." He said, barely moving his eyes from the book he was reading. "For example, I got this book at the library yesterday, and I haven't been able to put it down since." He was enthralled with it, he would spend hours at night awake, reading.

"What is it. Pride and Prejudice?" She teased him, putting on some lotion. She sighed as she sat on the bed, it weird to look across and see the stark white curtains. "It is really quiet here..." She whispered, mainly to herself but also to him. She rubbed her eyes, then getting settled into bed with her laptop.

He jumped up in surprise. "No way! Did you seriously just guess that? Or did you see it earlier?" He laughed to himself, what a coincidence! "I just got to the part where Darcy proposes to Elizabeth and she denies, knowing something she shouldn't. I won't give away any spoilers in case you want to read it yourself." He laid back down and engrossed himself once more in the book.

Seriously? He was reading that? She laughed at him. "I was totally joking. That is like a sappy romance novel." She replied. She never read the book. She liked Shakespeare and such. Not that. She rolled her eyes, thinking how he sounded like a woman. "I am alright. Romance novels are not my thing." She told him.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged. "I'm thinking of starting Hamlet once I'm done with this." He turned to her, seeing the light emanating from her laptop, no doubt. "Plus, it's be a great way to pass the time. If you're interested, at all." He said, almost pathetically. He wanted to make her stay a bit more enjoyable, but she didn't seem to want to cooperate.

"Hamlet is a great one. I am partial to Taming of the Shrew myself." She replied to him. She then sighed when he spoke. "I think I can pass the time like I am now." She added. She was on facebook but she was also writing. She liked to write little stories. Not that anyone ever saw them. She typed away rather fast, her fingers moving easily across the keyboard.

He dog-eared the page he ended on and put the book away. He removed his shirt and started falling asleep. "Hey Kate, you might not wanna stay up too late. Just a fair warning." He dozed off shortly after, curled up in his sheets.

Now it was Kate. Of course. At 11:45 or so, she finally felt herself getting tired. She assumed she would have to be waking up at like 8 or so. Maybe 7 for breakfast. So she thought it would be a good nights sleep. She curled into bed, settling down for the night and falling asleep within about 20 minutes or so.

Ben woke up around 3:30 in the morning. He had set his biological clock to wake up around this time, so he didn't even need to check his phone for the time. He removed his sleepwear and put on the jeans and jacket, knowing beforehand it was going to get a bit chilly outside. He moved the curtain to wake up Kate.

He found her sprawled on the bed, one leg hanging over the edge, face buried in the pillow. He chuckled. Must've slept good, he thought. Well, not for long. He tapped her shoulder and told her, "Wake up Sleeping Beauty! Rise and shine!"

Katherine had moved around a lot because she wasn't comfortable. But she finally got comfortable in a weird position. When someone tapped her, she groaned. "What? What time is it?" She asked, feeling like she just fell asleep. She curled up on the bed, under the blankets more to get warmth.

He yanked the blankets away, "It's 3:30. Time to wake up. I warned you to go to bed earlier, didn't I?" He teased, throwing her some of his old clothes that didn't fit anymore. "There, try those on. All that prissy crap you brought won't help out there today." He was going to break her in, the hard way. He zipped up his jacket, still watching Katherine squirm on the bed.

Katherine gasped and squirmed on the bed. "Why the frick would anyone get up that early? Wake me up in like 6 hours!" She added, trying to feel around for the blankets. "I am going back to bed asshole." She muttered to him, finally finishing a sheet and pulling it over her. She was already grumpy and wanting to sleep.

He grunted, slightly frustrated. "Fine, play it your way." He took the clothes off of her bed, and laid them on the floor by the foot of the bed. He then exited upstairs. After a short time, he came back down, holding a bucket filled to the brim with ice water. "You brought this on yourself, you know..." He told her, not caring if she was listening or not. He then dumped the bucket on top of her. "Get up. We have shit to do today. Let's go, princess." He said as he left the basement.

She heard him going up the stairs. Good, she could sleep more. She had fallen back asleep when he threw the water on her. She gasped, awake instantly. "Ben!" She yelled when she shot up in bed. She was shivering now, her body freezing and her nipples poking out slightly. She was incredibly pissed off at him. She got changed into an ole pair of jeans she had and a tank top. They were still expensive but older. She was wearing a pair of old gucci sneakers she had. She headed upstairs, frowning at him. "You bastard..." She growled.

The rest of the day went on fairly abrasively. Katherine was pissed off at Ben for dumping water on her and making her wake up before the sun did, and Ben was irritated with her laziness and complaining. Although, he had a smile on his face when he saw her nipples poke out of her shirt. He was tempted to do it again tomorrow just for that reason.

Regardless of how the day started, Ben thought she seems fairly reasonable in trying to learn how to work the farm. He taught her what to feed the animals and how, what to look for in their behavior in case they feel ill, and how to groom the horses. That seemed her favorite part. The day went by much faster than usual, possibly because he had been teaching her how to do everything he could do in no time by himself, and he was normally done much sooner. He was glad, however, to have someone finally helping him out.

Katherine was more than pissed off at him. They had breakfast and then they went about their chores. "I still don't understand why we have to get up at 3:30! That is the time you go to bed after partying." She replied. She complained and he was not happy when she didn't do things fast enough. Pretty shitty start already. She only got a little enjoyment out of grooming the horses.

By lunch time, she was exhausted. They went inside, his mother cooking for them. "Please tell me you take napes in the afternoon..." She replied. She already dod way too much! She just wanted to sleep.

"Occasionally. That is, whenever we don't have to work on the fields." Ben answered. He tried to soften the blow, "but hey! Look on the bright side, the hard part's over. All you have to do for the rest of the day is drive big machinery! That's gotta sound easy, right?" He hoped she would agree.

But today they had to work in the fields right? Of course. She figured that much. She just looked to him when he spoke. "How about you go do that and I take a nap. That sounds so much easier." She replied. Well no wonder why he had big arms and was so fit. Not that she was fat but her "hard work" was swimming and school. Not manual labor. She thanked his mother as she set down the plates of food.

He sighed, making a compromise. "I'll make you a deal," he said, putting his plate away. "You ride with me on the equipment, you get to sleep. That way, you still technically did the work. Or were at least involved in it. Deal?" He just wanted her to come out and not hide in her computer all day, hating life.

She wasn't on her computer, hating life. She was doing what she enjoyed. Then again, she did enjoy partying and such. She sighed and then ate a bite of food. "Deal cowboy." She added, then taking a long drink of the lemonade. She realized if she ate like this all the time that she was gain probably a lot of weight. She needed to cut back on the delicious food.

The rest of the chores went by fairly smoothly, with Katherine becoming an immovable rock for most of it. I hope she realizes she snores, he thought. He didn't mind though, at least he knew the job was getting done right. As he drives tractors and combines and plowed, she simply laid on his shoulder for the ride. Occasionally he would simply pick her up and move her to the next vehicle. He admitted to himself that she did look pretty cute when she was asleep.

Katherine usually had to have it quiet to sleep. But she was so exhausted that even the sound of the machines didn't phase her! She just rested her head onto his shoulder. But on the last one, she woke up and blinked her eyes. They were on a different machine and she looked to him a big confused. Did they have to do this every day? She hoped not. It seemed be be only a monthly or weekly thing. Then again, what did she know?

He looked at her, and noticed she had finally woken up. "Sorry that you came at a bad time. We do these every second month, and you just happened to arrive in time for this. Don't worry though, I won't expect you to do this if you really don't feel like it." He said with a little disdain in his voice. He understood her background sure, but at least give it some effort. It's simply driving, it's not going to kill you. "You alright?" He asked.

Back
Top Bottom