Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Teen Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugger82

Singularity
Volk City....A city of villains and criminals. With the expansion of the original Titans in Jump City, more and more heroes branch out to protect their own city from the villains dwelling within The Volk Titans, currently consisting of three members: Eisenwolf, a Green Lantern, and Haze, works to protect the city from the criminals within. Of course...There is one among the Titans who isn't exactly as ethnically moral as the rest.

Eisenwolf, an alien human from another world, only fights for himself. He protects the city from villains only because villains put up more of a challenge than heroes. He cares not what happens and doesn't care for the city. He sits atop of the tower, overlooking the city as the sun sets behind the large corporate buildings, skyscrapers, and construction sites...watching the city as if scanning it for any criminal activity.

There was something to be said about coffee, and in particular caffeen. It was perhaps the greatest of man's inventions, As Nathan walked out of the Starbucks wearing a grey hoody and pajama pants. Why did they always have to start work at night time? It was a question that always bugged Nathan when ever the sun started to set. The green lantern corps functioned in an entire sector of space, yet he commonly got more sleep when he was out there among aliens, and the horrors of the stars, then he did when he was on earth patrolling a single city.

Yes to put it simply Nathan was not nocturnal. In fact he hated the fact that they functioned out of the night. That was usually why he took monitor duty during the days. He put on his ring coffee still in hand as he floated up to the roof tops. And gave a small yawn landing beside Eisenwolf. Nathan wasn't exactly new to being around aliens, hell his ring worked as a universal translator, and when it came to morals, well Nathan was an ex con. But Eisenwolf still managed to give him the creeps at times. "You know you can't actually see crimes from these roof tops right? Everyone just looks like ants, and besides who ever heard of the teen titans beating up the common thugs, leave that crap to batman, and the police." He said using batman as a turn of phrase. He knew full on he wasn't in Gotham anymore.

He took a sip of his coffee knowing full well his team would not let him sleep through the night watch.

Eisenwolf looked over to the Green Lantern as he moved beside him, and remained silent as he spoke. The scent of his coffee was strong and he held his nose, obviously not liking the beverage or its scent. "Common thugs would be a waste of my talents anyway. They are merely an exercise when I am bored." He replied and stood up, looking harder at the city. "I wish I was placed in an area with more action. This city is so dull at times that it makes me want to start going after you 'Heroes' as you call yourselves. Tch...Always playing fair and not putting up much of a challenge. Villains know how to do it. Cheat to win and make things even more interesting...Those are the stories of battle that I will bring back to my home world; and be showed with fame and riches for passing my pilgrimage toward adulthood."

Haze, to their unknowing, was sitting behind them. Thanks to her light footing and invisibility, which unfortunately didn't last too long, she was practically wasn't even there. She didn't trust Eisenwolf, not in the least. She didn't have anything against aliens just the fact that he seemed no better then a villian himself. She questioned why even join the Teen Titians if he seemed to envy villians in a way.

When her invisibility wore off she stood up straight and on her feet. "Now, now Eisemwolf. Keep talking like that and you will be even more questionable as a villian then anything else." She walked over to stand over the ledge of the and finished "Lying and cheating will only cause trouble to the people you're doing it to and twice the trouble for you. To me you're no better then they are so I wouldn't act so envious when talking about a villian's method of work."

Eisenwolf glared at Haze as she appeared and began to belittle him, making him seem like nothing more than a villain in disguise. "I may act like a villain, but you don't see me going about attacking the weak and stealing valuables for fun and profit. There are differences between those who look up to the tactics of villains and those who look up to the actions taken by villains." He said with a frown and walked over, standing only a foot away from her and glared into her eyes. "If you've got a problem with me. Why don't we just get it out in the open right now and get it out of the way?"

Nathan rolled his eyes lightly to the side, a giant green stop sign appearing between the two of them. Energy constructs, just one of the many great tools he had at his disposal. "Enough you two." he said lightly sipping on his coffee again. He had to agree with Haze, he didn't see much of a 'hero in Eisenwolf. Then again he was still working out how exactly he was supposed to be a cop at the age of 17.

"Eisenwolf is a visitor on earth, that puts him under the scrutiny and laws of the Green Lantern Corps. If he screws up, then he gets to spend the rest of his life locked away in an Oan science cell. Which I would personally try to avoid. They are very tiny." Nathan spoke with a level of confidence as the green stop sign faded away. He turned from Haze to Eisenwolf now, trying to keep these two from going at it was going to become his new day job when he wasn't off world. "There are no problems here, You are new to our world, it's that simple I would say respect the laws, but a group like ours works outside of the regular system, as such we ALL have to scrutinize each other and keep each other in check. That's the only way we stay the good guys."

Now then they were going to have another problem soon enough so Nathan decided that he would just ask it flat out. "So why exactly are we all up on this roof top at the starting hours of night time, when we could all be warm snug in our beds? What's the mission, and when can I actually get some sleep around here?"

Haze was about to accept his challenge when she saw the green stop sign blocking her from him. She took that moment to regain herself and looked away from the stop sign and back at the city. Listening to Nathan talk she knew he had a point, if Eisenwilf stepped out of line he'll be spending his life in prison and she doubted that he wanted that. But she still took necessary precautions to make sure he didn't try to stab them in the back. This kind of thinking was bad for the team, since there's a lot of distrust between them, but she personally didn't see a reason to trust Eisenewolf. Not just yet.

Haze couldn't help, but smile when Nathan seemed to be bothered by the fact they were up this late. "Personally I like the night, I stay up late all the time so this isn't much of an issue for me. Besides Nathan you know crime is most active at night when everyone is 'safe' at home. It only makes sense that we're up. I'm only here cause Wolf was and I didn't want him to try anything." She explained looking over the ledge at little frowning then returned her sights to the brightly lit city.

He grinned as the green lantern intervened between the impending fight between Eisenwolf and Haze. He stepped back from it and crossed his arms with a grin. "Better sleep with an eye open Haze...Mister Lantern here ain't gonna be around to stop all of our fights." He looked to the city once more and watched it's nightlife. When she explained that he was the reason why she was up, he laughed. "Aww...She wanted some alone time with me. How sweet." He said with another laugh. "Don't know about you...but I'll be hitting the town. Probably literally." He said as he jumped off the tower and dove down toward the ground. Unlike the Titan Tower in Jump City, the Titan Tower in Volk City was on the edge of town on a higher up plane rather than on an island in the ocean. When Eisenwolf landed on the ground, he began to walk off toward the town to see what tonight had in store for him.

Space was always a form of night time unless you were flying close to a sun in passing, but beyond the earth where the stars were the only light it was an eternal night time. As such there hadn't been much of a sleep schedual either on the boot camp, Oa, or in his sector, for some reason when Nathan had returned to earth he thought that would have changed. As he drank his coffee he sighed knowing for certain now that wasn't gonna happen. Eisenwolf's threat wasn't lost on Nathan, but he sighed as he watched the man run off into the night expecting to run into problems just by patrolling. "I thought he said that he didn't want to fight the petty crimes?" Nathan said with a light shrug.

While crime may have been the most active at night, resting his body on the ground he overlooked the city. If any big emergencies were to happen they would get some kind of alarm and with the tower hooked up to all of the big labs, museums and everything else there was more of a chance spotting a crime from here then simply wandering into the town. Still he turned to Haze. "Let me guess your gonna follow him to see if he is gonna break anything important?" He said lightly If she was, then he would follow her, but he didn't really like that their only plan was 'hit the town' while on duty and underaged what exactly did they hope to accomplish? Shaking his head he got ready to follow Haze.

Haze rolled her eyes at Eisenwolf's threat and replied "Trust me I already am." She really started to feel a sense of hate or at least a strong dislike towards Eisenwolf, but there wasn't much she could do really about the matter. She was just as stuck with him as he was for her and unless he did something stupid, as she expected of him, then she could find a way to deal with him personally. Hearing his mocking after her explaination she shot him a glare. "Ha! You wish, if I want a knife in my back I'll make sure I call you and give you a time and place." She replied coldly.

Watching him drop down to the city she muttered "Idiot." She had to agree with Nathan, Eisenwolf did just contradict himself, but like Haze thought he was just an idiot who wanted to be impressive. She sighed listening to him and replied "I don't want ti follow him, but what choice do we have? I'm not risking that arrogant reckless idiot hurting any innocent people. You don't have to come, but if you don't want to I'm sure I can handle it, but if you wanna come be my guest. Now unfortunately I hold no power to make a dramatic exit so I'll just take the less dramatic way." She explained pointing behind her to the door that lead into the building. "I'll meet you and psycho wolf, hopefully I won't miss out on any fun." She smiled and started walking to the door.

Tristan was walking down the main road of Volk City. His white clothes drew eyes from every direction but he didn't care. Well he might care if he wasn't talking to a group of spirits in front of him. "Guys, I get you want me to talk to your families for you but they won't believe me, I know I have tried it before. I get called crazy, sadist and lots of other things." The people nearest him quickly walk away as he talks seemingly to himself. "guys I need a lift to the top of these buildings can you help me out?"

"Sure" they shrug then start to carry him towards the tops of the buildings.

Nathan watched as Haze walked off to take the stairs or elevator down from the tower roof. Leaving him alone, and while it was true that he could glide down to the tower's base and wait for her. He didn't really know what would have been the best course of action. He could follow her like she told him to do, but honestly he didn't want to tag wolf on his own. it wasn't that he didn't believe he could, it was just that he really didn't want too. He wanted to have Haze with him, and he would rather have a back up plan encase wolf got on someones bad side.

Floating down to the base of the tower he waited for Haze to exit the building before both of them started to travel. "You know, I could have given you a lift to the ground floor." He said with a light shrug. She hadn't asked for a lift so he didn't provide one for this time, however in the future, his ring allowed him to carry stragglers around with some level of ease. Yes it was true not everyone could fly, but he could always pull or give a lift to someone when they needed it. "I may still be working out how to use this thing, but I've been through basic, i know how flight, and constructs work, and other basics stuff. So in the future, if you need a lift or a catch from a high place, don't hesitate to ask." He was trying, and failing to bring up something on his mind that would allow for a less abrasive conversation then either powers, or their psychotic 'friend' but when it came down to it he couldn't think of the right question. Maybe she would ask something more interesting and salvage a conversation while they tried to track down wolf?

When Haze exited the building she saw Nathan waiting for her. She was honestly surprised to see him and expected him to leave on his own, but she guessed he didn't want to deal with Wolf alone which she didn't blame him. As she walked over to him she shrugged and replied "I didn't think you would give me a lift. If I known I would've asked. Oh well there's always next time." She paused for a moment then said "Well maybe you can give me a lift so we can find Wolf faster. That is if you don't mind of course."

Normally she would ride her motorcycle to the action, but honestly she had a wonder what it was like to fly. Besides it'll be easier for her and Nathan to talk, maybe even get to know each other better. For now she trusted Nathan more then Wolf, although not completely, but there was some.

Nathan nodded lightly towards Haze hearing that she wanted a lift now, it made sense, and he relished the opportunity to show off a little. As such he extended a green aura of light towards Haze helping her off the ground, and taking her into the air with him. Going down the path that wolf had taken, flight was one of the easier functions, ever since boot camp he had gotten pretty much used to using the ring. "On three I'm gonna put you on manual control, It's not too difficult, I will keep you floating, just concentration on where you want to go, and the light will take you."

Nathan counted slowly before the green light that connected the two of them faded leaving just the aura around haze, it helped to take a load off of his mind, but at the same time he was curious if she actually could move on her own. The ring responded to willpower, but not everyone had the right kind of will to move the ring. For some the amount of concentration felt like it would break their arm, so he was curious to see how Haze would handle the pressure of the aura, even though Nathan was still doing most of the work for her.

"So while we are trying to find him... Who are you? I mean I don't think I even know your actual name, you don't have to tell me if you don't want too. I chose to let you guys call me by my name, I understand if you don't want to give me yours. I just mean... well why join the teen titans?" Nathan guessed that was the best question that came to mind to try and start his actual conversation. He knew why he signed up, but it was a rather dumb reason.... Justice league wasn't about to have another green lanturn... let alone a teenager among their ranks.

"Thanks guys" Tristan tells the spirits that gave him the lift. "From here I can make my way to see the whole city." The spirits around him disperse but not to far, most not wanting to lose out on a way to talk to their families. Tristan then starts to run from building to building, scaling the buildings he can climb to get higher and higher into the city until he is on the second tallest building.

He then starts to look out over the city. He looks for a good starting point to look for his friend, somewhere quiet and out of the way until the people of the city were used to him. Only two places really stuck out and that was a cave on a near by cliff and what looked like an abandoned building near the edge of the city. "Well, I'll check the building first I guess." Tristan think out loud then again with, "But I think I'll hang out on the building for a while."

Haze knew Nathan wasn't short on skills and abilities. She's seen what the rings could do from the Green Lantern when she was younger. She never met him, but she's seen news reports and sightings about him. In fact she haven't met any famous heros before, but she had respect for them as her superiors. The green light aura that shot at her was a bit surprising since it happened so quickly, but seeing the light surround her and lift her in the air made her calm down a little.

Flying was so odd to her, it was like this constant feel of falling, but never actually going down. The sight was an unforgettable one, all the lights of the lively city passing by her while she felt like she was defying gravity at tghe same time, it was almost powering. Hearing Nathan say he was gonna put her on a manual control made her immediately look at him saying "What?" As if she didn't hear him.

As he was counting down Haze was saying things like: "Nathan don't you dare!" "No Nathan don't you!" But when he disconnected them she felt wobbly and even decending a bit. Her speed was slower, but once she gained a stable control she was able to keep uo with Nathan. The pressure was strong against her, but with the help of her psychic abilities it was enough for her to be okay for now.

After she stabilized herself she flew right beside Nathan hearing him trying to start a conversation with her. She smiled a little and replied "I would tell you my name, but I'd prefer trusting you a bit more first, maybe one day you'll know it." She heard his question about joining the Teen Titans and had to think of a answer for a second. "Well I guess after learning how to control my powers I wanted to do something good, to help people. I was hated by other children, but I didn't care. I guess I joined the Teen Titans because they were the only team willing to take a teen whose still learning her powers."

Nathan let out a small chuckle as he watched how she fell slightly. She was able to keep herself afloat, which was impressive, and it seemed like she got the hang of actually flying rather quickly. It wasn't like he would have really allowed her to fall in the first place his ring was fully charged, and he was keeping a close eye on her, if she hadn't been able to manage the aura he would have stepped in and apologized.

Hearing her comments about her name Nathan nodded and simply left it at that, it was a mystery he wanted to know more about for certain, but if she wasn't comfortable with it he wasn't gonna force her to answer. "Yeah i saw that invisibility you pulled back there, neat power." He said happily as he flew along side her. He had long sense gotten used to the feeling of anti gravity, heck flying through space, as you lost the orientation of what was up, and what was down, was way more confusing, and sickening then flying on a planet.

"Well I certainly apprecaite having you around. I personally don't think I would be able to live on this team if I only had Wolf to talk too. Probably would have gone mad, or at least moved back to gotham by now." It was kind of sad that he had never really gone back to his home since he had gotten his powers. Oh sure he had called up his foster parents, and they understood that he now had a job, but he had given up a lot to remain a green lantern. He was ashamed to admit it, but he had even dropped out of high school, continued education just didn't seem to have a point when you already forcefully had the entire sectors history, shoved into your head, by a universal encyclopedia.

"I feel the same way, I may make using this ring look easy, but I'm actually still a newbie, oh just to let you know, probably won't be that big a deal, but don't touch anything yellow, if you do that aura breaks, and you fall back to earth." Nathan was serious. Hell if he knew why the ring didn't work on yellow, it just didn't yellow was the anti color, and it seemed to just pass through what ever construct he made with the ring. one week into being a green lantern and one of his crooks got the drop on him by throwing mustered into his face.

Haze appreciated that Nathan wasn't gonna force her to tell him her real name. It was fine if they wanted to give out their names, but for Haze it was too risky for people she barely knew to know her real name, but nonetheless she trusted Nathan far more then Wolf. She smiled at him when Nathan complimented her invisibility ability to being neat. "Thanks, but it's not as impressive as your ring. It can do anything. My invisibility is just temporary." She commented. The feeling of flight was all too strange to her, but it was something she could get use to. It would be likely this won't be her last time flying, but for now she was just trying to gain her sense of direction.

She smiled again at what he said about having her around and replied with a chuckle. "I'm going insane just from being around him, but I guess I have to learn how to play nice with him." It's not like she hated him, not yet at least. She just didn't trust him and the way he sounded like he almost envied villians was more reasons to suspect him. Although she wouldn't lie in a fight between them Wolf would probably win more then her. She had no doubt he was strong, but she didn't doubt her powers. She was actually curious as to who would actually win.

Haze laughed a little when Nathan told her to avoid yellow while she was in the aura. "Yellow? Any reason why or is it just random?" She asked trying to silence her chuckling

"The ring is only as strong as the lantern who wields it, and frankly earth has better lanterns then me." Nathan replied though his face did blush lightly as he changed their course still trying to spot Wolf. To tell the truth he had no idea why the ring was ineffective against the color yellow. He remembered how they explained in boot camp, he even knew that some lanterns had a way around it. But Nathan had never been able to so much as move a number two pencil because of the paint job.

"To be honest I don't have a clue, but I'm not really joking. In boot camp they called it the yellow impurity. It has to do with some kind of fault in the rings, or in the battery it's self. Around the camp fires i heard numerous stories about it, I even tried to look up the yellow impurity in my battery's encyclopedia once. You know what it said?" Nathan let out a small chuckle, "No entry. The thing can tell me the entire history of every world in the known universe, up to and including current political situations in Tanous 3, but ask it about yellow impurities and suddenly it shuts the fuck up. In the corps you don't get many secrets, we know exactly how our rings function, and were pushed to the limits with these things on and off, but no one knows about the color yellow."

Nathan sighed taking a closer look and returning to the search. "My worries is that if we leave this wolf guy to his own devices he will... well actually I don't have a clue, but I see him." Pointing down at the city he had found the odd hair style, and jacket that he recognized as Wolf. "Should we just tail him, or do we go down and confront him... I don't really know what he's planning so it's up to you."

Tristan decides it has been long enough on the roof and tells the spirits around him "Ok guys lets go," then he jumps from the roof, falling only about a story before the sprits catch him. "thank you, ok let me down slowly." Tristan starts to slowly drop to the concrete below.

"You really need to lose some weight." a young spirit teases, probably another cancer victim taken young.

"yea I know, just look at all this bubbling fat," Tristan jokes back as he rubs his thin frame. In the distance Tristan can see 2 other flying objects, to big to be birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom