Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rite of Passage -Broken Knight

Lady Nightshade

Super-Earth
Name: Kaley
height: 5'5''
Weight: 200
Eyes: Silver
Breast: 44DD
Hair: Short Dark Brown hair
Body marks: Wolf Tattoo on left upper arm, Scar against her right collar bone

It was the cool crisp air that licked along her body as Kaley walked out from the cabin she was renting and hoping to buy from her landlord. The town was small and about a ten mile trip to the small town she worked in. Her landlord owned the small grocery store and hired her on the spot when she held several of his guests place the groceries in their cars. Her easy mannor and a way to keep things prept and on time was better then most of his employees who were to bsy thinking about how to ge out of the small town. It was well in Northern Calafornia near the Oregon border and a great turost spot when they held their harvest festivals each year. Which was comming up rather quickly.

Her manager/landlord offered her a closer palce to live in the town. The cottage he offered was cute and perfect for someone else, but not her. Kaley craved the wildnerss and had for well over a couple years. Born and raised in Michiagn she had excelled in school but left at seventeen to join the Navy as a Mechanic. She had gone to Hawaii and then was transfered out due to a hand injury that later had to be reconstructed. Life brought her all sorts of change but nothing seemed to fit until she was dfrawn to this very place. By turning down the offer she asked for a place out in the woods and said she could drive to town in her little Ford 98 truck. It was decent and she loved it. Even with its beaten up side and some scratches, it was her baby. Her family was long gone. Dead to her after they could not model her into what they wanted.

"God this weather!!"

She piped with a smile as she shut the cabn door and locked it out of habit from being in the city too long. This evening she was wearing form fitting black jogging pants and grey New Balance shoes. A red pull over tank that hugged her chest. it was comfertable and easy to run in and keep her cool when needed. With her right hand she checked the time. It was a little after seven and nearly dark. If she hurried she could reach her favorite spot to watch the sun vanish into the earth and moon rise!

Streaching she marvaled at the sounds and calmness of the forest. There were dangers but somehow she was never bothered and figued it was because she was human. It was bad enough with poachers so she gathered it was that. She had her own running trail that she suspected deer used and thus took of at a jog. Her smile widening as her feet crunshed the earth and snapped the twigs. Her heart pounded against her chest. It was an adreniliane rush that she loved when it came to running. EVen though she was by far not a thin skinny twig of a model it never stopped her from doing what she loved the most. And that was being in the woods and all nature had to offer.

Sometimes I wish I would never have to leave...

She thought as she jumped over a fallen log and landed into a crouch before taking off again. she never understood how she coudl do this and not drop the weight, but it hardly mattered. People thought shewas nice and kind but shehad no intrest at all for a lover or any type of relationship assiding from friendship.

Name: Aniki "Black"
Height: 6'
Weight: 190
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Body marks: Scar and patch over his left eye, beginning from the brow and going down to the cheek bone in which the eye was destroyed in the process.

The air wasn't exactly warm, but one could tell he liked a cool, crisp breeze. He walked with only his jeans on, no shirt. Wolves like him weren't exactly required to wear shirts, since his silky fur both kept him properly covered and because it was quite well known to any race that fur would become hot and stuffy with even a cotton t shirt on cool day. He'd been in the Marines for years until a field op got his eye busted up. After that, he was no good in the field as infantry doing forward operations. So, they gave him an option. Take a desk jockey position or get the hell out of the Marines. Apparently, Uncle Sam had no real use for soldiers that he'd crumpled up and thrown away. Although once his disability stipend started coming in, it did make things easier, but he still needed a job.

Private security. Well, that was the formal name for it, anyway. Realistically, he was a body guard, not really much more. A sack of meat to be thrown as a shield in front of bullets. The gentleman he worked for, an unsavory human with far too much money and far too much tongue, made him wonder a great many times, if he really were fired upon, maybe Black would simply 'accidentally' forget that he was supposed to get in the way. It wasn't like he got paid extra to eat hot, flying deadly lead, even if he was killed in the line of duty. He supposed that when that moment came, he'd figure out what he'd do on his instinct and not his head.

'It's a nice day.' He thinks to himself. The breeze was cool and he was down wind. On his own property, he owned quite a bit of land, with a few neighbors here and there a mile or two out. He'd used the hazard pay that he'd gotten from the Marines in order to pay for the land and the large home that was on it. He didn't even have a car payment. All in all, his life was pretty easy. Although he resented the military for kicking him out, they at least took care of him, even though he got paid more than the typical grunt.

He'd been out hunting since the night before. A small hunting rifle in his hands, he was out for deer, coyote and anything else available on his land. He normally didn't travel south, but the wind was moving that way, and he always followed the wind as a guide. To the south, he'd not found much of anything lately, not since someone finally moved into the old place. It didn't have much land, and it was a small cottage, but he supposed whomever owned it simply rented it out, giving them the ability to leave it empty for long periods of-

CRASH! He could hear it, a few yards off to his left. Spinning quickly, staying as silent as he could, he brings the rifle up to his shoulder, looking down the sights with his good eye. He thought it was a deer jumping, but he'd not seen one. His finger on the trigger, his mind snapped back to reality like a rubber band. Taking his finger off of the trigger, putting the gun on safety. At least he had his reason why hunting was so piss poor in that part of his woods lately.

"Hey!" He calls out to her. "Hey! You realize you're on hunting property, right? Specifically, my hunting property?" He wasn't trying to be mean per se, but he was a little agitated when he found out it was a person disrupting his hunting grounds. Of course, he probably should've been hunting with nothing but fang and claw, but the human rifle was so much easier, and because of his years of service and the ease of use of the weapon, it was simply his choice.

Walking toward her, she could see the brutish black wolf with his bad eye and rifle in hand moving in her direction. He didn't look pissed, in fact, he had more a blank expression than anything.

It wasn't often Kaley found herself in a position where she stumbled onto anothers property. With no markings, she just assumed that everything was fine unless there was a fence. Blinking, the young women sighed when a stong male voice sang out to her.Wonderfull. With a sigh she pivioted on her right foot and pushed a few branches to head towards the owner of the masculine voice.

The very first thing she noted was the gun that hung low to the ground. Knowing how property owners felt about tresspassers, she was relieved to see it not pointed directly at her. Only when she raised her silvery gaze did she freeze like a deer caught in headlights. Kaley's heart skipped a beat as she soaked in the man in front of her. It was no mere man, but that of a Treyden. She had only read about them from past studies. Though not tales of fiction, it was because of their kind that the classic werewolf tales came forth. There was reported only a few thousand left today.

"I, didn't see any signs and I'm not harming anything."

Deciding to go with a direct approach as she shook the shock off her shoulders. Showing no fear was the best attitude and kaley wasn't exactly a women that ran from anything.

She may have been apt at hiding fear and shock, but she certainly couldn't hide it from her scent. Though there was a peace between Treyden and humanity after the war which had nearly wiped his kind out, it was merely because there were too few of them left to fight any longer. So, over the generations, his kind had become apt at human living, having to adjust to it or die out. Slowly, his numbers were dwindling, even though they could make with human and Treyden alike.

"Of course. Didn't your landlord give you a map of the area when you moved in, including the property lines?" He asked, tilting his head. She should've been given a map of where she could go that would be considered her grounds. Granted, it was probably only a few acres, but for a human girl, it was probably more than enough to move around in. Still, she was disrupting his hunting ground. Although, once he'd gotten a look at her body, he certainly was hunting for something else.

"Why don't you come back to my place for some tea. I'll run off a copy of my map for you that you can take." Black says to her before motioning to the way in which his home was.

Kaley wasn't aware of her Landlord handing her a property Map. For all he knew, she was just some dumb city girl that wouldn't bother with roaming more then half an acer from her cabin.Unless it was in that stack of 'tourist' info I found hidden in the bathroom cubbard. The young women had used it all as a cheap fire starter for her grill that night.

"I suppose I owe you that much. Seeing as I am on your property."

Her soft creamy voice gave a hint of smugness. All she would use the map would be to toe the line and still cross over if she pleased. It wasn't like she was hunting for food after all. Merly enjoying what god had created. Setting her jaw lightly, Kaley, took a couple steps forward to him. Defying her better judgment, she felt compelled to follow him.

"Of course..." He says, replying to her little smugness. He may've been a wolf, but that didn't mean he couldn't pick up on the nuances of conversation. "I should've just shot and killed you and called it a hunting accident. A jury of my peers... other wolves..." By this time, he was already walking, simply expecting her to follow behind him. "...would ever convict me, would they? You see, territory is a very important thing to my kind." Black tells her, turning his head, his bad eye visible to her.

Walking along through the forest, it wasn't too terribly long before they'd hiked their way back to his place. "You're on my territory, human girl. Respect it as such." He says, opening the front door for her. Allowing a human to enter his home was not something wolves did often, so the girl should feel honored to experience something like that. Even if the home was of human decor, the thought behind letting a human onto near sacred ground was about as intimate as sex to him.

"Yeah, yeah, and you'll huff and puff and blow nothing but hot air." kalye shot back to the discrunlted wolf-man. Kalye knew very well that if wanted to have harmed her, he would had done so already. The fact that he was grumbleing and almost complaining only seemed to raise her own hackles to fight back.

"I do have a name and, it's not ' human girl '. It's Kaley." Refraning from giving her last name (as she didn't want to have to try and explain why her name sounded so alien), she kept up the leasurly pace he sat. by the time she set eyes on his homestead, her running clothes were slightly damp from sweating. A ring of sweat beaded against her forhead, and she didn't complain. It felt invegerating to steach and see more then she'd thought. "You're clearly forgetting that I am not hunting. I do respect this land and all of nature. I prefer it compared to city life.

The wolf takes her inside and closes the front door. Turning to look at her, he sets his rifle down and flicks out his claws. Pressing her against the wall, her back to the wall, his chest against her own, she can hear his claws sink into the dry wall and drag down clean through it like it's butter. "Let me make this painfully clear to you, human girl..." He puts emphasis on the words 'human girl', as if to say 'learn your place' through his words and actions. "You're on Treyden soil as long as you're on my land. Which means the laws are different. I could kill you and turn the body over to the humans and they couldn't say a word so long as I inform them that you were encroaching on Treyden grounds, specifically, my home. So, unless you'd like to know what it's like to stand there and hold your guts in your hands, I suggest you learn your manners. And you'll be 'human girl' until I see fit to find respect enough to refer to you by your name." His one good brown eye peers deep into her own as his threat hangs in the air and he holds her against the wall, having worn nothing but his jeans, his soft fur pressed against her.

with the harsh snarling words racing against her, Kaley still held her own. By all means she was a little scared, but she was also excited to have a challenge in front of her. With all the trials and challenges she had faced in her life, it had only made her a stronger female. Kaley decided to take a gamble. "Then kill me Treyden."

Kaley stared back at him. Even with the warm feel of his fur brushing against her, she ignored it. He was a Treyden and a total stranger. EVen with her tresspassing on his land. All she wanted was to be free and with a simple act of not knowing property lines.. Kaley mentally shook her head and swallowed a breath of air as she waited.

Back
Top Bottom