Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Max smiled "maybe we can" He packed the remaining food then stood and brushed the snow off his pants and trench coat "lead the way"

Giving a nod she turned and started leading the way again. She made sure to follow the path.. "So.. when did you meet them? your wolves friends..." Joanna was trying to start a conversation while walking. she was also trying to figure him out.

"I wish I could spin an epic tale of how I rescued them as pups from the clutches of an utter tragedy, but the truth is they just wandered in one day a couple years ago and haven't left since" he walked behind her and kicked up some snow every so often

"oh and you never thought that was odd.. i would have but i guess they do come in handy for help and well.. company.. but not...." she stopped talking when she picked up a weird scent. she couldn't tell where it was or where it was going. she started to pick up her pace a little trailing off the path.

"of course I thought it was odd but there was nothing I could do" He stopped when he saw her change and a moment later he caught the scent and, silently cursing himself for not catching it sooner, followed close behind her. He didn't like strange scents this close to the cave

following the scent a little she came to a tree that sat on a downwards slope. she peeked around seeing someone traveling by horse heading away from them. she just turned back and looked at him. "well.. nothing to see here.. lets go.." she looked down seeing the horse's path and sniffed towards it. she could only smell the horse but nothing of the rider.

Expecting him to say "lead the way" she would just start walking back following the snow to the path. "ok soo.. you said you haven't seen any one in a long time.... how long has it been? .... what happened to them?"

"about 50 years but the last person I saw tried to kill me... don't you think its odd that even this close we can't smell the rider, I don't like it, let's not head directly to the cave. make a wide circle" he paid close attention to his ears listening to evey sound

Joanna nodded she did find it odd she couldn't smell a rider. "you don't think they are near by or following us.. i mean i swear i seen someone on the horse.." she really wasn't sure but she listened to his ordered and made a wide circle going back to the cave.

by the time they got back to the cave it the sun was starting to set. Joanna was tired, cold and hungry from the extra walking they did.

Max quickly scanned the ground then pointed "there another set of tracks too big for your feet but too small for mine and there's the horse tracks it doubled back"

he climbed the tree then held out his hand to help Joanna up and positioned them so the were completely hidden from the way they came by the trunk

Joanna climbed the tree with a sigh, she would clinch on to some branches as she sat there. She didn't see anyone in every direction she could see nor did she smell anything. "what do you think they are doing?.. couldn't we just make it to the cave before being spotted? it starting to get dark.. i'm cold.." she whimpered at him in shivers.

He pulled off his jacket and handed to her then pulled off the new boots she grabbed for him and set them on a nearby fork "They were following our tracks we would have led them right back to it. As for what they are doing I thought I might ask them myself"

Joanna took his jacket "wont you get cold? but what if they aren't looking for us?" putting on his jacket she looked around again not seeing anyone.

Max turned to her and smiled "no I'll be fine. and if they aren't I'll let them pass by without harassing them" they were in the tree for less then ten minutes when their pursuers approached the tree and Max could here one of them say "where did they go? They're monsters not magicians" Max could see weapons glinting in there coats and waited for the horseman to pass under him then dropped onto it lightly and threw the man off and away from the tree he they were hiding "isn't monster a strong term? why are you following me?"

Joanna stayed in the tree watching. she was not sure what he was doing but she made sure to stay hidden and quiet. She also made sure their packs didn't fall from the branches they was on.

Max jumped off the horse and hit the other hunter as he turned taking him to the ground and digging his claws into his shoulders causing the man to scream "I ask again, Why. Are. You. Following. Me?" he dug in his claws harder with each word causing the man to scream more "please, I heard about the theft at the meat shop and knew it was one of you then the clothing shop last night I was watching the city limits and saw you and that girl walk out into the wilderness when everyone was hauling ass in... Oh god please I don't want to die!" Max could smell the fear rolling off of him among other less fortunate odors "but you were more than willing to kill... I'll make you a deal, child, if you turn tail and run and never even think about us again I'll let you live... If we decide not to kill you and your sleeping friend just for fun" raising his voice but looking out away from the tree Joanna hid he said "what do you say?"

Joanna didn't want to kill anyone. "if he agrees to never bother us then i say let him go.. but you know better then i do.. what do you think.. will he leave us alone? " she hollered out from her hiding spot still staying in it. She held the branches tight and watched him and the man through the trees. she could tell the man was about to shit himself from all the fear he held.

"if he's smart he will, the last hunter who came here was mysteriously beaten to death with his own ribcage" The man paled even further and a new smell began to waft off of him "please I swear you'll never see me or anyone again" Max stared at him for a long moment then got off of him then struck him in the head knocking him unconcious too then motioned for Joanna to jump down "come on kid, we're gonna run"

joanna would toss down the packs then jump down to his arms knowing he would catch her. once her feet was on the ground she would nod. "lets go.." she would start running towards he path that lead to the cave. she wasn't moving too fast but she was going as fast as she could.

Max smiled and said "as you wish". he let her get a large head start then started running after her smiling as he passed her then smiling wider stopped short, turned, and scooped her up and on his shoulder before she could react and took off again

Joanna would squeal out in laughter and hold on tight. ~haha~ Max! careful! ~haha~ She as smiling from ear to ear. It was something she was really growing to love when he picked her up and carried her, But she was worried he would fall on something hidden under the snow.

Max smiled and replied "you I just had the idea of tripping and falling face first into the snow" soon enough they were back at the cave and he set her down then squeezed her gently and gently nipped her nose

"well I don't know about you but I could use a nice hot soak, I've run a lot in the past couple days and my muscle are starting to get sore" he poked her ribs gently and started down the middle tunnel to the interior spring stripping as he entered the darkness of the tunnel and when he reached the spring he sank slowly into it and sighed

joanna smiled putting her pack by his and following. She did not strip just yet. she had followed him stepping over his clothes, watching him sink into the water her tail and ears would grow from her body. Only a few moments would go by before she stripped and moved joining him. she would smile to him using her arms to cover her chest since the water was just above her hips where she stood. "Was you really going to kill them?"

"if necesary, we are hunters we have to kill to survive sometimes its for food sometimes we have to kill to protect ourselves. its not my favorite thing to do but I won't hesitate if I need to" He smiled and sank under the water popping up on the other side of the spring a moment later and spread his arms wide across the rim

Back
Top Bottom