Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

He looked up and smiled "if all goes to plan, we will both be back before sunset tomorrow... you getting hungry? we won't be able to break in til later tonight"

"nah... i am not hungry... break in? what do you mean?" She moved off the chair as it made one last squeak. "are we robbing the stores tonight after they close?" her tone showed she was scared.

Max slowly brought his hand up and placed a find on his forehead draping the others over his nose then closed his eyes "Its usually not a good Idea to steal from a place when there are people still in it kid... you sure you're not hungry?"

Joanna felt dumb, but when he called her a kid growled again and barked out at him "What is it going to take to get you to stop calling me kid?!? No!.. I mean yes.. i am hungry but that can wait.." She was more interested in him telling her exactly how they was going to steal from the stores.

Max smiled deviously and started building a fire in the drum then said "not quite sure actually... its too entertaining at the moment... why does it bug you so much?"

Joanna poked him on the arm. "It is Not entertaining.. It embarrassing...cause look at me.. I am 19 in the body of what would be a 15 or 16 or 17 year old... No one takes me seriously and men like you laugh at me calling me a kid.." She was emotional and about to cry. It wasn't just him it was anyone and everyone that ever looked at her, they would mistake her for a kid.

Max smiled and poked her arm with his knuckle and said "you want to talk about not looking your age, the best I figure I'm roughly a hundred and twenty years old, at this point I'd be calling your grandparents kid"

Max then pulled out a flexible leather bag and filled it with water from one of the waterskins and hung it over the fire and started putting some of the dried meat and herbs he packed into it

Joanna watched him prep the food. "a hundred and twenty? really? wow.." she would calculate on her hands how much older he was then her, when she counted how much older then her he was... "Well no wonder you was living alone.. and your home has no women touches.. your too old for anyone" she giggled trying to be funny.

Max watched her count on her fingers and said "one hundred and one years... and I doubt the age would matter that much see as I live in a cave... and I live there because that is close to where I woke up after my attack and I've only left it nine or ten times in the last hundred years" he pulled out a wooden spoon and stirred the stew adding some more meat as he did

Joanna moved closer to sniff the food he was stirring. "So.. you have not had a mate or friend in that much time.. that's a century.. surely you have to be sad.." looking down she started to wonder if his family ever looked for him after his attack. She also started to think about how lonely he must have been not having anyone for years to talk to or be around, besides the wolves but he did point out they didn't have conversations well.

"can't really miss something you have no memory of... foods almost done hold your horses" he continued stirring and adding various herbs from his pouch

when the stew was done he poured two bowls and handed one to her and started eating his "we'll head out after we are done eating its starting to get late"

Joanna nodded "right.. i still say your lucky.. So what are your chances of finding the person who attacked you?" she started eating the stew trying to not make a mess but was failing. She was dripping and dropping pieces of meat on the floor. When she was done she looked out a small portion of the window. "It's snowing really bad out there.. Are you sure we can get in and out without getting caught?

Max chuckled slightly and poured another bowl for himself and showed her how to sip the food out of the bowl "sorry don't think I was ever a big fan of utensils... if they are lucky they are already dead... and I'm pretty sure we can but shit can happen"

She watched him then pour herself another bowl and tried to do what he showed her but still made a mess. "I haven't uses utensils in years anyways so as long as your ok with me cleaning the floor after wards then who cares right.." she tilted her head "why would you want them dead? wouldn't it be bad if they was dead? can't you find a way to reverse your curse?" she wondered if the rumors was true and if the biter died the curse could be lifted but it always could have just been a myth she had heard from her journey. "yeah... but we should do this soon.. i would hate for us to be caught.. I don't need to get you in trouble old man.." she gave a giggle when she said old man.

"I've lived long enough to have come to grips with it... I really don't even really think of it as a curse any more its just a fact of my life... as for wanting them dead, I don't, death is easy death is the end. They did a very cruel thing to me if they live I will return the favor. For many years to come. and we don't want to do it too early either and risk running into someone I'd hate to get You in trouble, kid"

Joanna rolled her eyes about being called a kid. She moved to stand up and walked over to the window. Watching the snow fall she shivered a little but turned back to look at him. "You just wait til we get back to your cave.. I am going to prove to you that i am not a kid.." she turned back to look out the window pulling the jackets a little tighter on her and gave a small huff. "ok so Max.. when should we head out?"

Max smiled widely again as he poured himself a third bowl "you'd be in for a rough time, bear hunter. and soon running that fast makes me very hungry"

he quickly downed the bowl and set it down next to Joanna's and put on his coat and emptied his pack into hers and set her's in a corner and tossed her an extra empty one he had brought

"Oh.. I will? Well maybe we will have to wait and see.." She smiled and blushed at him calling her bear hunter. "I wish i could run that fast.. I would get lost if you hadn't carried me.. That was really fun.. Maybe we can do that again one day.." She had a thrill for speed, it was something that she carried over from the human in her.

Joanna caught the pack then tied up her jackets to make sure they didnt get caught or snagged on anything. Putting the pack on her back she looked at him her voice gave her fear away. "What should i do if we get caught? should i met you back here.. or just try to go to your cave...?"

"if things go south we may have to do just that and if we do get seperated take the path we came in to the edge of the city and wait there but lets hope it doesn't come to that" He opened the window and helped Joanna out before following her out and leading the way to the the clothing shops in the shopping district

She walked with him to the shopping district. When they reached the empty lot of the district she looked around then to him. "Yeah.. Lets hope this goes smoothly and We can be back at the little office room and maybe sleep.." Passing a store she stopped and looked at a pretty dress like outfit she would wear but was sure it would be way to risky to try to get the one of a kind dress from the mannequin. "Well After you old man..." she said turning back to him waiting for her first lesson in stealing from the city.

"first we need to find a store that has a second story window or an unalarmed back door" after searching for a few minutes they found a store that had both "well these people are asking to be broken into... so kiddo, window or door? your choice"

She followed him, looking around she tilted her head "door?" She made sure to watch around for anyone but With the snow storm there was no one around in every direction. She was nervous and just wanted to get this over with, she was starting to get cold from the snow that had pushed it's way through the holes in her shoes she was still wearing.

"door it is then" Max concentrated and grew his claws longer and sharper then pushed them into the wood around the deadbolt and handle and twisted his hands cutting them both away from the door then he pushed the door open and stepped inside pulling Joanna in behind him quickly and said "let's get to shopping" then went to look for sewing supplies and clothing

Joanna nodded, She would walk around looking at some clothes. She grabbed two or three pairs of pants that would fit her. "I found some pants.. What size are you?" she asked quietly but loud enough for him to hear her, browsing through the pants she looked up seeing something shiny and beautiful. Moving to get a better look she would see it was a necklace that was made out of moon beads and white gold. Leaving the necklace on the little holder she moved back to the clothes.

"34 by 36...don't forget shoes and shirts that fit" He found some sewing needles and thread then put them in his pack along eith a bunch of patches

moving on he found some shirts that fit and took a couple "You finding everything alright

Back
Top Bottom