Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

Jo stopped when he spoke about the bear. She was starting to think he kept mentioning it to hint he knew she was telling a lie, she would jog a little to catch up with him but stayed a few steps behind him. "I don't know.. i guess learning to not be caught sounds nice.. She could think of a million reasons he would feed and shelter her only to turn her in, she stayed quiet to think about what he had said about her being company.

"only nice?" he looked back at her and noticed her gloves and holding up his own hands said "can you grow these without the moon or are you stuck with nails?"

"no.. not only nice.. uh.. interesting and uh.. maybe some what fun.." she said not really sure what to say really not sure how to feel about learning to steal properly. looking at his hands "i am not sure.. i never really tried.. uh.." she pulled off one of her gloves, looking at her hand to focus. It worked after a few moments of her really focusing but it was a little odd for her cause she never really used her claws unless she was in wolf form. "yeah i can.. but it feels weird.. but how am i going to wear my gloves now..?"

"well you don't really need them right now but they are good for scaling walls, every store puts alarms on their front and back doors but they usually forget the second story windows... I can't shift mine back, same with my teeth" the man took her hand and examined her claws even scatching one with his own "a little soft but they'll work just fine"

she watched him. "scaling walls? uh.. ok.." her cheeks turned a little red when he scratched and commented on her claws. taking her hand gently from him she allowed it to shift back to normal. "so what exactly are we stealing? how many times have you done this? she would follow him towards the city.

"clothes, little bear hunter, and sewing supplies for mending. Surviving winter will be all the harder if you are dress in tattered clothing. and I've only done this nine or ten times in the past century... You sure you're okay? You're starting to turn red again" he turned and started walking again then stopped and sniffed the air again "something smells... odd"

Joanna turned more red when he mentioned it. "uh red? ... i am fine.. just a little..." when he stopped and sniffed the air she looked around. "odd?... whats odd?" she would sniff her clothes wondering if it had been her.

seeing her sniff herself he said "Not you, I recognize your scent. Someone besides us has passed through her in the past couple hours" he sniffed the air a couple more times and said "well they are heading away from us but we should still keep aware" then started walking again

she blinked then followed him. "Oh.. well who ever they are maybe they will keep walking.." she would sniff the air catching the scent he did and huffed. she didn't recognize it, so no need for her to say anything. She would go back to following him into the city. "how can you tell if they are coming or going?" She had never really been taught every trick for werewolves and most of what she knew she had figured out on her own.

"The smell is much weaker to the left and right and we haven't run into them yet, which leaves only one direction left" he said then point forward "whoever it is, they tried to hide their scent, poorly I might add" he continued to walk for a while then asked "so kid, you thought of anything to call me yet?"

she looked forward but seen nothing. following him in silence she finally spoke up. "call you.. Oh uh.. no not really.. just sir i guess.. She hadn't been thinking of what to call him really. she had been more worried about other things then what to call him. "is there anything you prefer?"

"hmm... I don't think I like sir... how about... thorn how does that sound as a name?" the man continued walking as he thought after a while he popped up with another slightly more ridiculous name " or what about Mr. Grin that sounds fun"

Joanna laughed "No way i am calling you thorn.. Mr Grin sounds nice but you need a first name too.." while following him she pondered on named until one popped into her head. "I know.. how about Max? Max Grin can be your full name.."

The man smiled and bowed deeply "I suppose I must formally introduce myself now. Hello, I am Max Grin, you may call me Max, or Mr. Grin if you wish. might I say it is a pleasure to meet you Joanna the Bear hunter" he rose from his bow the smile set on his face and offered his hand

Joanna turned even more red in her cheeks. She looked at him then to the ground with shame. "I lied.. I never hunted a bear.. I can barely catch rabbits.." She pushed her way past him feeling bad she had lied to him about it. "let's just get this shopping done.. You did say it was going to be a big storm.."

"I know but it was bold and I give you credit for that kid, but you should know actually trying to hunt bears is just plain stupid most the time especially claw to claw... now if we plan to make it to the city before the storm we are going to have to run" Max started running grabbing her by her pack and tossing her over his shoulder as he passed picking up more speed with each step and soon the landscape started to blur together as he ran

"what... whoa.." She laughed out when he started to run. She hadn't laughed like that in a long time and she found it rather fun to be carried at a speed like he was. She would hold on with all the might she had.

"oh good, you can hang on" Max picked up even more speed and was soon covering roughly a mile a second

they reached the city shortly after dusk and he put her down "looks like we're staying here for the night" pointing at the storm head now covering half the sky

Joanna looked to the sky then back to him. "B..But.. uh ok.." she didn't like the idea but knew he was right. They wouldn't make it back before it got too cold. "What should i do.." She was starting to feel a little helpless about being in the city.

"stick close, keep your head down, and try not to bring any undo attention to yourself... first things first we need to find a place to hide out for the night" Max brought the collar up around his neck and put his hands in his pocket and started walking

after leading Joanna through a myriad of back streets and abandoned alleys Max stopped at an empty warehouse near the shopping district "looks like no ones been in there for a while... what do you think kid?"

She did as he told her. Keeping her head tucked down and in her hood from the jackets she was wearing.

Looking up at the building she shrugged but growled about the kid word being tossed at her again. "Uh yeah... I think it should work.. Isn't it going to be cold? Maybe i can go to one of them bars and just you know.. trade something for some money and we can get a motel room.." She didn't really want to sell anything for money but she wasn't sure how they wouldn't freeze to death in the abandon warehouse.

Max held up is hand and started counting off on it "One, motels have cameras and I don't think it would do either of us any good to be caught on them. Two, I tend to stick out in crowds. Three, the motel clerk might remember two people walking in with a bunch of clothes then hearing the day after that a bunch of clothes stores had been turned over. And four, I brought furs and fire just in case." he thought for a second then smiled widely and said "oh and five, your much to young and pretty to sell yourself for a motel room"

Max walked around the warehouse looking for a way in finding a broken window he reached in and opened it then helped Joanna in and jumped in after her. He surveyed the interior and saw a small office room that would serve as their sleeping quarters for the night and pointed it out to her

Joanna listened as he counted and gave her the five reasons of why they was staying out in the warehouse. when he did name the 5th one she blushed deeply avoiding eye contact with him. She never found her self pretty after her attack but was not going to argue with him, She figured he was telling her the truth.

Getting into the warehouse she looked around. Seeing the office room he pointed out she nodded then walked towards it. Reaching the small sized room she would grab one of the chairs and sit in it making it squeak. "So were exactly are we going to sleep? There is no separate rooms.." She bounced on the chair a little making it squeak more as she looked up to him.

"this is just an overnight place and insolation here is nonexistant so different rooms is a bad idea" He stepped outside found an old oil drum some vagrants must have left and brought it into the office then took off his pack and set it under the desk in the office

"Oh... Okay.." She watched him staying in the chair making it squeal every so often just for something to do. "So you think we will be back at your cave tomorrow night?"

Back
Top Bottom