Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

"I never said I didn't get bored and I wish I did" the man opened his shirt slightly showing a massively scarred chest, closing his shirt he said "I'd really like to know who I pissed off... as for the question, where are you heading after this?"

Joanna started to stare at his scarred up chest,her eyes was filling with more tears. when he started closing his shirt she looked down turning red realizing she had been starring. she blinked a little causing the tears in her eyes to fall out. "I.. uh.. I don't know.. the next city or town and try to find a place." reaching up and rubbing her face dry she kept her head facing down. "so i am guessing with no memory you don't know your own name.. uh.. what should i call you? i am Joanna.. but i prefer to be called Jo.."

"I haven't really been called anything in a long time so I suppose you can call me whatever you like" noticing he had disturbed her he said ""don't worry about it I was healed by the time I woke up... I'm guessing you weren't turned under favorable circumstances" he noticed a tear running down her cheek and wiped it away reflexively

When he touched her cheek she jumped slightly but softly nuzzled his hand. "No.. i wasn't.. I was 15.. and he killed my parents while i watched helplessly then he turned on me making me like him.. i don't know who he is..." she finally smiled with a soft yawn like whimper. "It is pretty late.. Where shall i sleep?"

"you can use the room you woke up in I usually sleep out here with Remus and Romulus anyways" he stood up and went down the third hallway again and came back with some soft furs and gave her one and wrapped the other around himself

Joanna nodded. "Ok.. uh.. thank you.." she took the soft fur from him with a smile. standing up with the clothes and the fur in tow she walked towards the room she woken up in. "Uh good night then.." pushing the fur separator back and entering the room she looked round. it was rather dark and a little colder then the other room, but she didn't really care she had slept in the pure snow before.

Once she felt it was safe she slipped the pants off and grabbed a pair of her extra boy shorts and slipped them on before allowing her ears and tail to grow from her body. She wrapped the fur around herself, to lay down and try to fall asleep. But she couldn't sleep. Her mind was scattered all over the place.

"night, sleep well kid" he called after her then went back to stoking the fire and letting it slowly die as he thought through the days events

She growled a little hearing him call her a kid, "I am not a kid.. I will prove it.." she said sheepishly towards the fur door not sure if he heard her or not. Shortly after she was sound to sleep from the work of the herb he had given her, nothing but snores would be heard from the room she was in.

the man smiled slightly and mumbled "sure you will kid" then closed his eyes and drifted of by the light of the dying embers

Morning came too fast for Joanna, But when she felt the first light through a small little opening to help air flow through the cave she sat up looking around. Seeing she was still in the man's cave. She grabbed her book bag and rumbled quietly though it looking for her other set of clothes she had. getting her other tattered down clothes and exchanging them for the pajama he loaned her. After getting dressed she peeped out seeing everyone asleep.

With her bag and coat she started to tip toe her way to the cave entrance.

The man heard her moving around in the other room and got up to fetch two bowls then waited until she was almost to the cave entrance before saying "leaving so soon?"

Joanna jumped hearing the man's voice behind her. Turning around and looking his way... "Oh I uh.. I thought you was sleeping.. I didn't want to wake you.. But yeah.. It's morning.. I should head out.." She replied quietly putting her head down a little to avoid eye contacts.

The man cocked an eyebrow "without breakfast? its a long trip to the next town and I don't want you passing out again while we travel... and no need to worry about it I was already up" he offered one of the bowls to her, It was filled bit bits of dried meat and berries then sat down and started eating from his own bowl

She took the bowl as she slipped her book bag off her shoulder, She set it down by the wall then moved to sit and eat the food. "How far is the next town?" she asked keeping her head down. She didn't want to over stay her welcome and become a burden for him. But apart of her did not want to travel in the middle of winter anymore.

"roughly 25 miles or so but there is some rough terrain we'll have to skirt so its more like 40" He put some logs on the ashes of the fire and stoked it to bring the still smoldering coals to the suface and soon had a small fire going warming the cave and casting more light since th cave was growing darker as the sun rose higher

"Oh.. wow that is pretty far... I am sure i can get there with out your help.. I shouldn't burden you with my journey.." She had eat the food so fast she started to get hiccups. *hic* *hic* she made little sounds in-between trying to breathe. Turning a little red she looked at him. Her eyes would study the man more from the fire light. She found him a little rough but somehow attractive, But Joanna was not about to tell him her thoughts. "oh.. uh.. Thank you for taking me in last night.. and the meals.. I don't have much to offer but if there is anything i can do before I leave to pay you back.. just let me know.."

"no burden, like I said I get bored some times and I would really hate to have to bury you because you died in my territory. Plus there aren't many bears here so it'll be hard to find food... your face is red" touching her forehead he added "no fever... you feeling alright?"

joanna blinked when he touched her forehead.. "Uh yeah.. I am fine.." She was not sure how to tell him how she felt but the way he talked seemed to make her feel a little wanted there. "Well if your sure i am not a burden then maybe i can stay until winter is over.. Even if i get to the next town I don't have a place to go so.. For now I should accept what is offered and take it without complaints.." Reaching up and taking his hand from her forehead she smiled placing it back on his lap... "so what can i do to help around here then.."

"I don't mind... as for helping there is much needed besides the regular chores such as gathering wood and hunting, which is good because I have a feeling we need to work on your survival skills, bear hunter." the man tossed another log on the fire and stoked it again then picked up her bowl and his then took them back down the tunnel

Joanna watched him walk down the tunnel and when he was out of sight she jumped up and grabbed her bag. She tossed it on her back and hurried out the cave.

Once outside she sighed. It was snowing lightly, The ground was starting to cover. "ugh.. great!" she growled before turning back into the cave. She knew she wouldn't make it far if it was snowing, even if it was just a drizzle. She walked back into the cave and sat back down in the spot she was in.

"you wouldn't have mad it far before I caught up anyways" the man called from down the tunnel walking back he said "you aren't very quiet when you stand up and your shoes don't help"

the man stopped and studied Joanna then turned back down the tunnel and started packing two packs with dried meat and berries, waterskins, and a rope then came back down the tunnel and tossed one of the packs to her then goes down the middle path taking the left branch and grabs his trench coat and a fur lined jacket handing her the jacket when he came back "come on... you need new clothes kid"

Joanna caught the pack unexpectedly and watched him. When he mentioned her shoes she looked down at them and huffed softly. When he finally came back with the coat she stood up. "but where will we get clothes?" Tossing the jacket he gave her over her own jogging styled jacket.

"well the shopping district in the city is pretty far from the butcher's shop so the won't be really looking for you there, and stealing is part of survival for us strays."

he walked to the cave entrance and sniffed the air then said There is a storm brewing, it'll hit here by night fall so we should get going." then man reached into his pack and pulled out some fingerless gloves and foot wraps and put them on "hard to find things that fit" he said wiggling his clawed fingers and toes

Joanna already had her gloves on but her's were full and covered her fingers. "Right.. But i am bound to get caught.. maybe i should just tell you my size and wait here.." She was starting to think he was only leading her back to the city to turn her in. "I can uh.. do something here.." She looked at his hands and feet wondering why he didn't just use normal hands and feet like she could. She still followed him but slowly.. "And I told you I am not a kid so stop calling me one.. My name is Jo.." she huffed out in a snippy tone.

He smiled at her tone and said "well, Jo, you could gather dead wood from the trees but we have a good stock for now, or you could try hunting a bear again, or you could come with me and learn how not to get caught when you have to steal something" noticing she was starting to lag behind and taking a guess at the reason he added "why would I offer food and shelter to you just to turn around and hand you over? besides I enjoy the company, Remus and Romulus aren't great conversationalists"

Back
Top Bottom