Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Stray Werewolf (open for anyone :) )

The December evening was getting closer to the cold winter night. The sun was falling fast from the sky. Joanna had been walking for miles by now. Her feet ached and her body was tired. She knew she had to find someplace warm to sleep the night, But it seemed that there would be nothing for miles but woods. The woods would stay quiet except the sound of the animals scurrying to their homes for the night. In the distance wolves would be heard by the packs. The ground was almost frozen from the cold days it had been seeing and would become more cold at nights. Everything seemed rather untouched and Joanna did fear she would die alone in the woods with the closest city miles and miles away...

Fighting the cold wind blowing right into her face she just pressed on.... kept walking, holding on tight to the jacket and backpack she owned. It was her only belongings she had, the backpack might have been heavy but she was not about to stop just yet. Pushing her head down and pushing forward into the blowing coldness she started to feel weak and exhausted. Not having a good meal in days didn't help either... But Joanna would push on til finally.. She would fall slumped on the wood's forest floor passed out from hunger and sleep she much needed......

The lone were lifted its head from the remains of the deer it had been devouring and sniffed the air, a new scent had entered his territory one he hadn't encountered in decades because of how deep his domain was into the forest. He tracked the scent for almost a mile when he came across the source, a female pass out on the ground, he sniffed her and nudged her with his snout checking for life then, satisfied she was indeed still alive, picked her up gently and loped back to his cave home

After a good hour or two Joanna finally started to slowly wake up. She could feel a much harder ground under her, The scents she smelled made her scared. She was not used to being around other supernatural beings, moving to sit up looking around she spoke out softly "uh... Hello?.. Is someone here..." She sounded horrified and exhausted. Her stomach rumbled and growled from the emptiness it held.

The Were heard her stomach before he heard her speak and filled a carved wooden bowl full with a rudimentary stew then called out a gruff "yeah" before walking down the short tunnel seperating the small side cave the girl was in from the main cave. Even from so far away he could smell her fear and hear her stomach, he picked up a stray bone from the floor and rapped it against the wall before one of the furs he hung to seperate the cave system further "I'm coming in" before pushing the curtain aside and holding out the bowl

Joanna sat there and looked up at the man. "Uh.. ok.." She wasn't sure she could have told him no. It seemed she was in his home anyways. She looked around then back to him. her eyes would become glued to the bowl in his hand. The contents inside it held the smell of food.

Pulling herself to stand up she tried to get a peek into the bowl from where she stood.. "Can I have that...." she pointed towards his hand.

"yeah..." handing her the bowl he added "it's not great but its food" seeing he is causing the girl unease he turns and leaves going back to the main cave and calls out "if you are still hungry there is more out here"

Joanna blinked taking the bowl. Watching him leave she sat back down and scarfed the food down. When the bowl was empty she stood back up and walked to the fur. She pushed it back a little to get a glance out. She could see another room, the linger of the food filled the air. Taking a deep breath she walked out but stopped a inch or two from the flap of fur. She could see the food but was scared to make any sudden moves.

Creasing her way to the food she piled a little more in the bowl then looked around. "Are we the only ones here?" She was filled with questions for him but was scared to really ask. Turning to look back at the man she gave him a few glances to study his appearance.

"Only people here, a couple wolves live here too. I call them Remus and Romulus" he noticed the girl studying him and looked down at himself, he was roughly 5'10" with shoulder length dark brown hair and a short goatee (his beard kept getting snagged on branches) he was thin and wiry and had short black claws on his fingers and toes, he was wearing a long sleeve black shirt and dark jeans and was bare foot as he usually was. What were you doing out there?

Joanna was short compared to the man. She was 5'5 and barely a hundred pounds but often mistaken as a teenager from her appearances too, Her red and brown mixture hair was dirty and hung down the sides of her face. Her skin was fair but covered in dirt. Everything she wore was tattered and old. Her shirt under her coat was fairly too small for her but she had limited clothes. Her shoes was worn out with holes on the bottoms. "Oh.. uh nothing... I uh.. I was just heading to the city.." She lied to him. She wasn't heading to the city and if he known better it would seemed as if she was heading from the city. "uh.. i think i owe you a thank you.. for the food.." she said as her blue eyes glanced from him to the food.

"you're a bad liar" the man smiled revealing a double set of canines on his top and bottom jaws "you want to tell me why you were really out there?" as they coversed the two wolves the man mentioned wandered in, sniffed in the girls direction, then otherwise ignored her and layed down on the opposite side of the cave "they seem to like you so you can stay for a while if you want and no thanks needed there is more if you want it, I ate earlier"

she frowned when he called her a liar, She seen him smile it made her wonder why he was not mad she lied. Giving a sigh and setting the bowl on the table. "Ok.. fine.." she huffed "I was just trying to get away from the city.. I was caught stealing some meats from a butcher shop, The man was going to have me thrown in jail so i ran.." She looked at the wolves then back to the man. "They seem nice.... but Uh.. No.. i am full now thank you.. I should go get my stuff so i can get back on the road.."

"not a smart idea to steal from the city kid, there are several small towns that don't have such tight security. but if you want to keep from getting caught stealing meat again you should learn to hunt... and then at least stay til sunrise you still look exhausted and its a long trip to the next town, the next creature to find you unconsious on the ground might not be so friendly" the man took the bowl from the girl and scrubbed it out with some sand from the floor then disappeared down one of the other tunnels returning a moment later with a with a homemade waterskin took a sip then offered it to her

"kid..." she growled a little under her breath as left the room. When he came back she barked out bluntly. "I am not a kid.. I know how to hunt.. I am nineteen years old and I have hunted down a bear before.." Of course she was telling another lie. She only hunted small animals such as rabbits or anything smaller. Taking the waterskin she sniffed it first before taking a sip, followed by a huge gulp. When she was done she handed back to him. "very well.. I will stay here tonight.. uh.." looking down at her clothes and hands seeing she needed a bath. "uh.. do you have a place i can wash up at then before bed.." She was tired but honestly wide awake from the unknown surrounding she was in.

"a bear. really?" he smiled again she didn't smell like she has hunted anything bigger than a rabbit "and don't take it so personally most people are kids compared to me" he took the waterskin back and took another drink from it "as for the bath, down the middle tunnel to the right. After your done take the left branch there should be some extra clothes that fit better than what you are wearing now"

Joanna just nodded at the man and looked over to the tunnel. "Well I am not a kid.." She said over her shoulder as she walked to the tunnel, She was ignoring the reply he made about the hunting of the bear. Reaching the tunnel she followed the directions he had given her, finding the clothes first she grabbed something that looked like pajamas. When she held them up to her they seemed to be perfectly her size. She grabbed a towel to dry with and walked back the way he told her til she reached a opening with a hot spring.

She walked in looking around with a smile on her face. It had been a while since she had a warm bath. She would strip her tight clothes off before kicking them to the side. Checking over her shoulder to make sure she was alone she would ease her way into the hot spring.

the man chuckled at her assertion that she wasn't a kid then turned to the wolves and said "keep an eye on the cave I'm going for a run" as he stepped out of the cave he shifted focusing on his clothes to take them with him and ran back to where he found the girl and back tracked her for a while checking out her story and collecting dead wood and wild herbs on the way back

He would find out her story was matched up. She was wanted for stealing from more then one places in the city close by.

Joanna had washed up and enjoying the warmth of the hot springs. her fingers were turning into prunes so she knew she should get out. Getting out to dry off she looked around to make sure she was still alone before she wrapped her hair in the towel. walking over to a rock she sat and down to get dressed. Putting on the shirt first she looked down at her left leg. The sight of It still bothered her from time to time, it was the scars of her bite along with claw marks. Grabbing the pants to the pajama's she tossed them on fast.

She would grab her clothes and shoes that she had on and started to walk back down the tunnel to find the man who found her.

Upon returning the man threw the wood in a pile near the fire and started hanging the herbs from the ceiling to dry. he heard the girl coming down the tunnel and called out "how did you manage to get caught that many times?" he looked over his shoulder at her then remarked "oh good I did have some that fit"

Joanna stopped in her spot when he looked at her. "uh.. what do you mean... caught what.." she noticed he had been out and blinked wondering what he knew. she looked down at the pajama's and nodded "uh yeah.. a little lose but comfy.."

"don't play coy missy you are a terrible liar. I wasn't even that bad when I first started stealing" he ran his hands through the herbs he picked plucked a spig and handed it to her "here this will help you sleep if you need it. now it seemed earlier you were full of question, care to ask them now? he sat down and threw a branch on the fire then motioned for her to sit

Joanna took the sprig from him, with him busting her she was almost ready to cry but she wasn't going to in front of a stranger. Taking the offered seat with her belongings on her lap. She just looked at him. "i guess i did have questions.. but uh.. i think i owe you an answer first... I normally don't steal.. i used to be able to get money from jobs but after i told someone i never would work for him again.. It was harder to find jobs.. So i had to start stealing and I swear that city was the only place i tried.. when i was caught by that butcher guy i knew i had to get away from there.. I promise I wont steal from you.." She paused a moment in silence to think about her many's of questions and just simply spoke. "I have a lot of questions but first.. why are you being so nice to me?"

"mostly you've given me no reason to be mean plus you are the first person I've seen in a very long while and seem interesting. and don't worry about the stealing us strays can't really go out and buy things" the man picked a spig of wild mint and started chewing on it absently

She blinked, she was shocked by his answer. most people would have been mad at her or not given her any trust. "I uh.. guess your right.. uh.. so.. why are you alone out here? surely a guy like you would have a mate or wife.." She had noticed there was no women touches though out the cave that she had seen. she fiddled with the sprig he had given her.

"like I said you are the first person to pass in a very long while and I have no memory from before I was turned... and I wouldn't exactly say alone I have the wolves" he picked up a stick and stoked the fire

"Oh.. right.. Well.. that's a good thing then.. Your never bored I guess.." she gave a sigh and looked at him. "no memory? I wish i had no memory of my attack.. it wasn't pretty.." watching him poke the fire wondering if she should ask if he wanted her to stay and be company for him, but another part of her was scared and couldn't wait for morning to come so she could leave to find something she could call home.. but she knew that could be a impossible mission.

Finally placing the sprig into her mouth and chewing on it slowly. "was there anything you needed to ask me?" she felt it was fair to allow him another question with a honest answer.

Back
Top Bottom