Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Love Lost In Time

He went threw his day on auto pilot like he had been doing for so long. Laughing and joking with friends before slipping away from them at lunch and walking into the back part of the caffeteria alone. His phone in hand texting Leigh to see what was going on with her he was a bit worried about her. Have not seen you yet today did you come to school or you still not feeling good.

Leigh took out her phone from her sweater's pocket and she looked at it. She wrote back quickly, now just standing before him. Look up. She sent to him and then approached his table, putting her hands down in it. Hopefully he'd realize what had happened to her the previous night; why the sudden drastic make over that only Leighton would mastermind and why she had missed more than half the school day. Of course, when she got home, she'd have to explain to her parents. They were probably freaking out and still scratching their heads. Her mom knew about the spell but her father didn't and they never wanted to tell him, fearing he'd run. But tonight, she'd have to explain it to them.

He took a deep breath and looked up seeing the woman he loved in her hair and face and then looking down her body he smiled. "You make stripper look good." He smiled standing up walking over to her slipping his arms around her knowing full well who caused this change. He then slipped his arm around her and lead her from the lunch room not wanting anyone to overhear their conversation. Once they where alone in the empty halls of the school he smiled and stepped in front of her looking into her eyes. "How you doing darling?"

When he looked at her, she smiled that confident smile of hers that he always knew. Moving to him, she giggled a bit and wrapped her arms around his neck, missing his arms, missing his embrace, missing him so much. Walking out of the cafeteria with him, she looked into his eyes and nodded. "Better. I'm back. I'm back with you." She said softly, moving her hand around his cheek. "How are you? Those last four hundred years must have been just horrible." She frowned. "Sorry about that..."

"The years where not as bad as the first week. I would deal with 1000 years to avoid those days again. " He spoke softly leaning in and kissing her with the same tender romantic kiss he had done so long ago. His arms slipping around her tightly holding her body to his as his tongue danced against her lips. A soft groan filled the kiss as he held her having not felt a womans touch or kiss in four centuries it made him was enough to fluster him instantly.

A smile spread across her lush pink lips, painted in a delicate red color now, she leaning up and kissing him back. Her hands cupped around his cheeks, her body leaning into his. She missed him so much and they were finally together again. However, her years of waiting and having been wrongfully committed turned her sour towards the people and their ancestors. Let's just say she was never one to not carry a grudge. Pulling back slowly, she smiled gently at him. "You must have been waiting for this forever..." She whispered, kissing his cheek, then his nose, his forehead and then his neck. Oh she missed kissing that neck.

"I have missed you every minuet of every day. " He smiled and held her tightly groaning happily as she began to fawn over him wondering for a moment if they would be able to run away together. "I wish i had stored some of my money away all these years then we could just run away together and never have to do a thing. " He groaned happily as she kissed his neck he gripped her tighter resisting the urge to sweep her away right then and there. "I have a surprise for you i think you will like. Years of waiting for you has given me some time to myself. " He smiled knowing she would like his new strong, toned athletic form, having spent lifetimes building it just for her.

"Oh but I don't want to run away. No...we're going to stay right here in Salem and pay back all those miscreants who wrongfully condemned me. I have knowledge of all my things and spells. The people of Salem are going down!" She chirped happily with an evil twinkle in her eyes. She wouldn't stop until she avenged herself and the pain it caused her dearly beloved. "Things are going to be just perfect my love. Everyone will bow down to us." She said smoothly, kissing his chin and then his lips.

He looked at her nervously pulling away slowly a scared look on his face wondering what he could do to stop you. "Leighton the families of those people did nothing wrong most even donated to your memorial. They wanted to make peace for what their ancestors did. Leighton i love you please don't go to that place... I can not go with you these people are my friends they have been for 400 years. " He said nervously holding her hands tightly staring into her eyes he could not handle her becoming the evil witch they thought she was.

Her smile faded from her face and she moved her hands from his. "Their ancestors made up for it but the actual people who condemned me were happy with what they did. They were happy to see me burn for sins I did not commit. I didn't hurt a soul. But I will hurt those who killed me." She snapped. "You're either with me Nathan, or against me. And mark my words, if you're against me, you'll become collateral damage." She said simply, her eyes filled with pure hatred and venom.

"Leighton if you do this then you are only justifying what they have done. " He paused as she threatened him and stared at her in shock. "Leighton I have waited for you unrelentingly for 400 years. I have never strayed from your sided and remained faithful to you even as you laid dead. And you would really harm me? You would kill the man who would give anything to see you again, who has died many times over just to see your face again?"

She wasn't going to tell him that he'd be the only one to stop her. Moving to him, she sighed quietly. "If you love me like you say you do, then you will stay by my side Nathan. What am I supposed to do? Live a life and not retaliate. Those people who are lying comfortably in their graves didn't have their life ripped from them! They got to live a full life. I lived only for seventeen years and it's taken four hundred years for me to come back." She told him. "I will not let my death be in vain."

"If you do this i will not be with you and you will be more a monster then they could have ever imagined. 20 men have lost their lives because your spell took them so they could wait for you. And ... If your do not forgive the families that wronged you... Your spell will be waisted. You will never find a love like me again. Never again will anyone ever tell you they love you nor die repeatedly for you. " He stared into her eyes his hands gripping her sides pushing her gently against a locker so that she was forced to listen to him and he could have more control over her.

She never thought he was capable of being so forceful, so direct. Because she actually had literal power, she always trumped over both of them. But now...this was new and she was seeing him in a new light. Swallowing hard, she looked up at him after he pushed her against the locker, her eyes not once leaving his or blinking for that matter. "I can't just let it go Nathan." She said, so much hate dribbling into her words. "I can't..." She said sternly and darkly.

"Let it go or let me go. You have been responsible for my death many times over. You either let the sins of the past go... Or you take my life right now. I will have no part of this and if you try to harm these people... I will defend them and i do not want to hurt you. " He spoke softly leaning kissing her passionately for a brief moment wanting to have one kiss before he died once he pulled away he braced sure she would kill her. "If it is revenge or death give this girl back her body and return to your rest. "

When he kissed her, her eyes shut tightly, she wanting so badly to just melt in his embrace and kiss but she didn't. Instead, she leaned back on the locker and looked up at him, her eyes a bit dark still. "Never. Just stay out of my way Nathan." She said simply, pushing past him. "I can't just let this go and my heir will have to go along with it." She said simply. "I will get my revenge and no one will stop me." Especially him, since she wasn't going to tell him the secret. With that, she turned on her heel and walked away, heading down the hall of the school and out of it, walking home.

He walked after her the moment she got out of the school her grabbed the back of her skirt pulling her back into his chest wrapping his strong arms around her. "I will stop you. You will not harm a soul i promise you if you continue on this path it will end your existence and please i love you don't make me kill you. " He held her as tight as he could with out hurting her wanting her to feel his heart racing as he started to cry. He had given up so much to be with her and now she wanted to take it all away for petty revenge.

She gasped when he grabbed her, looking back at him with pure anger. She was going to get her revenge and he wasn't going to stop her. "Let me go..." She said nicely and kindly enough. But when he pulled her even tighter against him, Leigh wanted so badly to stay in his arms, but Leighton wouldn't let him. Hearing him cry, Leigh was crying with him but Leighton wouldn't allow those tears to be seen. Turning quick and fast, her hand came up around his neck, her eyes watering. "Stay out of my way Nathan...I don't want to hurt you..." She said, swallowing hard.

"Good bye Leighton. The next time we speak... One of us will not walk away. " With that he kissed her again hard and roughly taking the last taste of the woman he loved. "Leigh i promise you i will do everything i can to free you from her and spare you. " With that he released her and walked to his car he knew where an old witch lived he only hoped she would be able to help. His tires screaming and smoking as he pulled from the lot tears pouring from his eyes as he drove down the road.

Her hand released from around his neck and she swallowed hard, watching as he left. With that, she walked off, going home and finding her parents there. For once they cared which was interesting. Leighton wouldn't let Leigh come out so she pretended it all.

"Leigh! What is going on!?" Her mother practically yelled.

Leighton sighed. "You know what is it Mum." She said quietly.

Her mother's eyes then widened. "No..."

Then a grin came over her face and she walked to her, speaking a greeting/spell in latin. That convinced her mother and she swallowed hard. "No...No, you weren't supposed to come back! Even if you were, you weren't supposed to be evil!"

"I'm not. I'm getting revenge. Who said revenge was so evil? I plan to extract revenge on those who put me to my death. They took away my life!" She yelled. "I deserve to take their away." She snapped.

Her mother pushed her back. "You will not!" She then ran up to her daughter's room and went to her room. She knew where those spell books were and all that information that Leighton would need. But she couldn't get to it in time. Leighton had beaten her to it and was now holding the books in her arms, grinning at her. "Because you are my relative, I don't wish to give you any harm." She told her. "So if you are wise, you like Nathan, will stay out of my way and let me do what I want."

Nathan speed up the long dirt driveway of the old witch who he had spoken to 2 lives ago as to if the spell was working. She had known so much about it at the time and helped him understand what was going on and that he needed to just wait. He jumped out of his car and sprinted to the door with any luck she would have some way to either protect the people she was after, or break the spell that had brought her back. He pounded on the door screaming for her to come help him. "Lucanda! I need your help please! Leighton has returned and she has turned to look for revenge!"

Leigh's mother didn't fight back. She knew something Leighton didn't know. And as the angry witch left, Leight's mother, Anne, fell back on the ground, making sure Leighton was gone. Swallowing hard, she turned and got up, running her fingers along the walls until her fingers pressed hard enough and the wall clicked. A small door in the middle of the wall, high up it, opened and there she reached in for a book; it countered all of Leighton's original spells and belonged to Anne's great-grandmother who practiced witchcraft and was never caught. In fact, Anne's grandmother and mother were witches and they taught her what they knew and weren't ever discovered. They knew the flaw in Leighton's spell. Someone had to be prepared for it.

Anne opened the book and flipped through the pages until she came across the blood entwined page. All she had to do was read those three latin words and the spell would be intact. Her fingers touched the blood enscribed symbol and she spoke the words,a flash of light enveloping her as the boundary spell was cast on all the descendants of those who condemned her.

Leighton went to the first house but as she arrived, something stopped her. This angered her and so she tried it on all the houses and the same response. This pissed her off to the very limit and she went back home, finding Leigh's mother with a book. "What is that?" She snapped.

Lucanda , an elderly witch rumored to have found the secret to immortality, slowly came to the door. She had thin thin long white hair and sharp features. She was thin as a bean pole wearing a white long turtleneck with grey slacks, a pure white shawl wrapped around her thin arms. "Nathan, come in." She said calmly after opening the door, turning and walking back into her little cottage. She walked to her large bookshelf of books; spell books, she mostly created. Running her nimble fingers along each spine, she then chose the oldest one and pulled it out and walked over to him. "Sit sit..." She muttered and sat down in her rockng chair, pulling her glasses on and opened the book. Looking over various spells, she came across one finally and clicked her tongue. "This one." She spoke quietly and showed it to him. "But it will not end happily. If you perform this, you will not only kill Leighton and spare Leigh Anne Barnes but another." She said softly and weakly. While it may seem she looked weak, she was in fact very, very strong.

"I don't have much time she will be on her way to kill people at any moment. " He followed her and sat down as she looked for the book he knew enough to respect the old woman and do as she said. "I don't care as long as it stops her path of destruction. " He looked over the page taking a deep breath as he saw what needed to be done. It was not so much a spell as an action, he had to force Leighton to kill him. The spell came after his demise it would return life to his body and allow one spirit to return but it could not promise which it would be. Either Nathan or nate would die in the action of this spell. "If this is what i must do... Thank you. He wrote down the spell that would need to be read by Leigh after he died. Clutching it in his hand he stood and left the house quickly driving down the road to Leighton's home. Running into the house as he saw got there hoping she was still home. "Leighton!" He yelled looking around at her praying he could find her before she killed someone.

Lucanda watched his face for his reaction. She just nodded though, as it was what had to happen. Nathan's soul had to be killed for the spell to officially break and by doing so, that'll kill Leighton. The spell that even connected them together was love. By killing off one love, the other would die.

Nodding to him, she watched as he went and she sat back in her chair and closed her eyes. She was always very tired. That was the price of immortality. Aging and extreme tiredness.

Hearing her name being called, she spared Anne, letting her be but left in her the binding of a painful spell. Coming downstairs, she looked at Nathan, glaring at him. "What are you doing here? Do you have a death wish?" She snapped.

"You are not going to leave this house today Leighton. Either you kill me ... or i will kill you. " He was crying as he had to tell the woman he loved that he was going to kill her. This would be the first time in his life that he ever struck a woman and that thought killed him. Slipping his hand into his pocket her gripped his pocket knife. Taking it and jamming it hard into the door wedging it shut with such force he was not sure even he would be able to get it open again. He turned both hands clinched tight one holding the note with the spell to spare his body. He then moved towards his love deliberately. "Release this spell and end things peacefully please I do not wish to fight you. "

Back
Top Bottom