Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Love Lost In Time

She pulled back slowly and looked at him. "I don't know if I'm her yet. You may know but I don't. I'm still just Leigh. I don't remember it all. I'm not her." She said quietly, moving her hand around his cheek. "I don't want to give you false hope. What if I never remember?" She asked. "I mean...I don't believe she was ever a true witch. It could have all been a bunch of hocus pocus."

"You don't have to believe what I am telling you is true. If you choose not to... I will just make Leigh love me as much as Leighton did. " He smiled looking at her giving her a soft squeeze pulling her into his chest lightly his chest pressed lightly into her back. His hands wrapped around her stomach with his arms just wanting to hold her for a while. "She was not a witch like most think she just dabbled with magic to make peoples lives better. "

Leigh smiled at him and she giggled a bit. "That will be a challenge. It isn't easy for Leigh to fall in love. She's been scarred way too much." She said softly, sitting back on her knees. She looked at him, biting her lower lip. "I believe that she was good. Otherwise you probably wouldn't be still pining for her after all these years." She'd come to learn that she was the true and real reincarnation of Leighton. Once those memories come flooding back, it'd all make sense.

He smiled at her and chuckled both had been hurt many times in their past his never romantically as she was the only woman he ever loved. He took a deep breath and gave her a kiss on the tip of her nose before moving to stand going back to his car and leaning against it. "Lets get out of here ... I can only be here to long before... I start to remember the sights and sounds that no one should ever remember. " He spoke softly not wanting to think about her burning alive his stomach already churning a bit.

Smiling lightly, she nodded and stood, walking back with him to his car. "Where would you like to go? Or...if you have to go home, you think I can get a ride home first?" She asked, unsure if he wanted to take her around anywhere. She was always afraid of being a burden. Guys in the past in Kansas, they expressed interest and then within a week, something happened to make them less interested and eventually it ended in them finding someone else. It got to her all the time and right now, she couldn't trust any guy like that.

He smiled reaching out his hands gripping her waist lightly pulling her into him gently. His hands then slipped around her each slipping to the other side of her body so his arms crossed across her lower back. "I don't care what do you want to to do. Your the one who still needs to figure out what Salem is all about. Or we could just go some where and hang out i would like to get to know you. Well this you. " He said softly wanting to just forget their past for now and be here together. "What do you say we just forget our pasts... Nate and Leigh get to know each other like we did way back when. "

Leigh smiled gently, her arms slowly and loosely coming to wrap around his neck. "Hmmm...I think I can wait for Salem. for now I want to get to know you. Who knows, it all may just come back to me the more I spend time with you. The visions started after I met you." She said softly. "Where could we go to hangout?" She asked gently, slowly moving her arms from around his neck, slowly moving from his arms. She didn't want to move too fast. Every time that happened, it meant only a week of dating and then she ended up getting hurt. It was always the same.

"Depends on what you want to do if you want to hang out and relax i know a place where we can go park and chat. If you want to go see a movie or just go get a bite to eat we can." He smiled looking at her staring into her eyes as she held him. A faint pout crossing his lips he enjoyed holding her but realizing she probably nervous she had just been told he was her long lost love. "I am just glad you want to get to know me so i can hold you more regularly I missed having someone to hold. "

"Maybe we can go somewhere to just chat? I'm not really hungry. Well unless you are?" She asked. As he went on about holding her again, she swallowed hard. It was a little creepy. She wasn't used to a guy being so clingy and touchy and it kind of crept out. "Maybe I'll just talk to you later actually. I'm quite exhausted." She nodded and moved from him. "I'll walk him. Fresh air will do me good." She said quietly and put her hands in her pockets and started walking him, remembering the way.

He turned and watched her taking a deep breath rolling his eyes. It had been so long since he had tried dating he was not very good at it. His heart broke when she turned to walk way getting into his car he just sat there staring at the memorial. His heart breaking as the memories washed back at him watching her burn alive in his mind quickly growing ill leaning out of the window and getting sick.

She walked away home quickly and walked inside, shutting the door behind her. Going to the kitchen for some water, she saw the note that had a twenty under it and sighed quietly. And so it began. They had just moved their and her parents were already busy; typical. Rolling her eyes, she grabbed the phone and pulled out the yellow pages, looking for a good Chinese place. She had been craving Chinese take out for a long time.

Stephen sighed finally getting over himself and starting his trip home first stopping at the car wash to clean off the side of his car. As he sat there listening to the water cleaning the dirt and grime of the side of his car he closed his eyes remembering a night with the when the rain raised the near by river 2 feet and they laid in his house and laid close with her in a passionate embrace. Opening his eyes he shook his head remembering that he had left his letterman jacket on her bed balled up for a pillow. He chuckled wondering what she would do with it or if he should use it for a chance to hang out with her some more. Deciding against it he sighed and pulled from the car wash heading home and going to his room to get some rest.

After ordering some dinner, enough for her only, she waited for it to be delivered. She figured she could probably set up her room in the meantime. Walking up the stairs and going to her new room, she walked in and the first thing she saw was the jacket; his jacket; Nate's. She sighed quietly and moved to it and picked up, putting it up to her nose and smelling it. It triggered another vision; just one of them together in a passionate embrace[the same memory he was having] and it made her smile a bit, especially since she was allowing it to come to her.

Once at home he flopped down into bed knowing he should go to practice but figuring he could get away with it anyway. He groaned and laid there looking at his phone wanting to text her but deciding he should not. Finally he got up and put on his football cloths and went down stairs to go to practice. If he laid there he would go mad thinking about her he needed something to think about other then her. Quickly getting to practice and loosing himself in the sport and the work out he smiled able to relax again.

The sound of the doorbell snapped her out of her vision. It was long. It was sweet and suddenly her heart was just warming up to him. With a small sigh, she put the jacket down and then grabbed the money and went downstairs and opened the door smiling at the man who brought her her food. "Thank you." She said softly, paying him and got her change. She gave him a tip and then shut the door and went into the kitchen, taking everything out and started to prepare her food. She then went upstairs to her room and sat on her bed, staring at the jacket as she ate her noodles and chicken. Now she was the one who couldn't stop thinking about him.

Several times on the field Nate missed tackles because his mind had drifted away it was not until someone mocked him and said they burned him that he snapped out of it. His coach yelled at him every play for going to hard in practice as he hit everyone who came near him as hard as he could. Soon he was sent off to run around the track repeatedly to calm himself down. After 3 hours of hard practice he went home his mom having had a plate ready for him when he got there. Smiling he ate and remained quite before going up stairs to shower smiling taking a deep breath as he stood under the water and tried to remember how to date again.

After she had finished all the food, she lay on hed bed, his jacket on her stomach. She played with the sleeve and then grabbed her phone and brought up a text window and let her fingers once again dance upon the QWERTY pad. Hi. Simply wrote, she sent it to him, hoping that he'd respond that she didn't completely burn any chance between them.

He was half asleep when his phone began to chirp to him, the sports center bulletin noise coming across in that familiar tone. He pulled it out assuming it was some cheerleader yelling at him about getting mean with their friend. Opening it on its side so that he could respond immediately. Smiling when he saw her name emblazoned across the top of the text and the simple message. No matter what she he done she would not have ruined her chances with him he had waited 400 years to see her again and the teen in him needed to know if the wait was worth it. The man in him would never give up hope that had not lived so many lives only to have it ruined in one simple stroke.

Normally he tended to respond quick. Given that her phone had gone off yet, she shoved her phone off of her bed and just lay upside down on her bed, resting her hands on her stomach and closed her eyes. She ruined any chances by pretty much implying he was some sort of clingy freak. Groaning, she rolled onto her stomach and half of her upper half of her body hang over her bed. She was bored. There was no cable yet. No internet access. Her parents probably wouldn't be home anytime soon. Sighing quietly, she got up and grabbed her phone and went out for a little nighttime walk; maybe the fresh air could clear her mind. All she could think about right now was him, Leighton, the 1600s and all the stuff that happened around that time; witchcraft especially.

He sat there staring at the phone trying to think of what to say for at least 15 minuets before he finally sent her a message back. Promise me you will never become a witch and i will promise to try not to act like i have known you all my life. I don't care about who we were right now. Forget Leighton. I want to meet Leigh

The feeling of her phone vibrating caught her off guard. She took out her phone and hoped that the text was from him. Seeing it was, she smiled a bit and looked at it, bting her lower lip. But if I remember, won't I instantly know the witchcraft? And what would be so wrong with my becoming a witch?" She wrote to him, tucking her phone away. She ended up walking to the place where he took earlier that day. She knelt down before the memorial for Leighton and put her hand over it, a whirlwind of a vision hitting her hard. If someone didn't know she got visions, she'd look like she would be having a seizure. But this vision was strong. It was like every memory coming back to her all at once. It was a lot for her body and mind to handle.

When his phone began to chirp at him again he opened it quickly to silence it. Shaking his head as he thought about it he did not remember a single spell she had ever cast. Nor did he remember many of the things he had known back then that he had used to survive. Slowly his fingers danced across the keys trying to figure out put it into words as best as he could. I don't know what all you will remember if you will remember where your spells where hidden or if you will forget that. Please... just don't practice it any more. I would hate to lose you to something as crazy as we did before. People still are not ready to handle that sort of power. Sending the message he thought back remembering when he was younger his father telling him tales of a witch vanishing in a mysterious way once people discovered her. All feared her because they did not understand what she was able to do.

Given that a lot of information and memories that belonged to Leighton were being downloaded into her mind, she didn't snap out of it one bit when her phone vibrated again. No, instead she passed out once more at Leighton's memorial once every vision turned into memories resided in her. She could remember everything now and it was if Leighton was in her body, fulfilling the vow she declared before she died.

The next morning, Leigh woke up to the feeling of vibrations over and over again. Waking up, she rubbed her head nad then took her phone out. Thirty+ missed calls from her mother. Sighing quietly, she got up and to the best of her ability, walked home. She knew where it was too now since Leighton resided in her body now. It was weird since they were sharing the body but it was like their souls or spirits were becoming one to coexist.

Once home, Leigh walked inside, immediately bombarded by questions from her parents. She snapped at them in latin which scared the hell out of them, considering Leigh didn't speak latin. Walking to her room, she shut the door quickly and then looked at herself in the full size mirror on her door. She stepped up to it closely and put her hands on her face, eyes wide. "I'm really back..." She whispered. As she looked at her overall appearance, she grimaced. What the hell was she thinking? Even though she had school, it'd be worth it to be late if it meant giving herself a make over. She made grabs for the scissors and started to trim her bangs a big, layering them, then layered her hair and went for a shower. Her hair was actually naturally wavy but Leigh always straightened it. Not anymore. Now it'd be in its natural prime, just like Leighton wore it.

Looking through her wardrobe after her shower, she pulled out a pair of fishnet leggings and a red and grey mini dress with multiple layers of each color. It was quite unique and a favorite of hers. Putting her bra and panties on, she slipped the two articles of clothing on and then pulled out a cropped black sweater and looked at herself in the mirror. Something was missing. She rummaged through some boxes and found her shoe collection. Even the four hundred year old witch in her was amazed and delighted to see the mountain of shoes and went through it until she found skin tight boots that came mid calf. They were two inch stiletto heels and once she put those on, her outfit was complete and she felt like she looked like her old self with a modern twist for Leigh. Fixing her eye make up, she grabbed her bag and walked out of her room, going down the stairs and stunning her parents. She walked out of the door and walked to school, arriving onto campus in a short amount of time.

Slowly he drifted off giving up on speaking to her tonight after a short time if she had not messaged him back she was not going to. After a short while he drifted off to sleep dreams of being with Leighton filling his mind yet again causing him to have an uncomfortable morning. He had missed his alarm though forgetting to set it the night before waking up to his mother yelling at him threw the door telling him he was going to be late. He quickly jumped up and went to shower and came bake getting dressed quickly. His standard work boot looking shoes and jeans matched with a wine colored button up shirt that had a slight shine to it.

He had always been fond of red and the large amount of red clothing he had to choose from pleased him. Pushing his hair back out of his face he jumped in the car and speed to school hoping Leigh would not bring his jacket so he had an excuse to take her home after school. He was a bit sad as he had not seen her on campus yet when he entered his first class wondering if she was avoiding him or if she never came in today.

Leigh had missed half the day. It took a while to pretty much redo everything wrong that new Leigh had done. Fixing those bangs were the hardest thing because Leighton never had bangs and if she did, they were at least at a medium length and always pushed back. But Leigh's bangs were short and in the way and so she had to layer them to be able to push them back and get them out of her face and still be in style.

As lunch rolled around, Leigh found her way to the cafeteria and her eyes were scanning the place for Nathan. She knew he was there and the part of Leighton soul was dying to see him since she knew he was here, since she knew her spell had worked those four hundred years ago.

Back
Top Bottom