Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bound to a Reaper (Dimitri/Hana)

Mana wanted to understand with the power of words as the words were spoken to him but emotions, let alone physical sensations, were hard to understand. Similarly, he thought, how Sybil would never understand his own side of the universe no matter how well he describes it to her but Mana appreciated the effort. "It's quite ironic how good and bad things go hand in hand, don't you think?" He said, to no one in particular, in a manner as if he was just speaking to himself. "You say that some prefer the heat and some prefer the cold. Both seem good and bad at the same time, and maybe it is. It's the way humans are, as I see it - enjoying both the black and white shades of the earthly life." He continued listening to her as she spoke about how gruesome fiery deaths would look like. Indeed, it was truly gruesome. Mana was able to watch many of them back then when "burning witches" was a trend in Medieval Europe. He didn't even know how most of the souls he captured looked like back then because when he came, their bodies were already burned down. It was a memory he'd rather forget and thankfully, his companion diverted the topic as well.

Although it was a topic that made fiery deaths seemed a lot more easier to explain and for a while, Mana was completely silent and still. He didn't blink, he didn't breathe, he didn't move a single muscle. It was as if the question struck him by lightning because it was a part of his life long-forgotten and he hoped it would remain that way.

But Sybil asked and he couldnt' find it in himself to disregard her question.

"I do not understand why grim reapers are portrayed as skeletons, to be quite honest," Mana told her with a smile. He knew she was trying to improve the mood somehow and it did. It reminded him of the times he'd seen the exaggerations of his kind in horror films and halloween parties. "But you see, Sybil, grim reapers are... to say the least... the pawns of demons, hence the demonic attributes," he continued. Mana didn't want to brag but he knew he didn't have those attributes and he knew Sybil would only wonder about his explanation if he didn't explain it fully.

"Do you see this?" He asked as he grabbed the mask beside him to hand it to the girl. It was a gruesome mask of a demon's face, the one he had been wearing for so long. "I need to wear this to... blend in with the other reapers. You may ask why, and here is the answer to your question about my identity."

Mana took a deep breath.

"I was never human, but... I was once an angel," He began. "It was then during the time of Lucifer. I'm sure most, if not all humans have heard of him. A very handsome and talented fellow, Lucifer was, and he was my friend. A good friend. The religious accounts were right about him being too greedy and wanting to overpower the almighty and I... I helped him." Once again, he trailed off. He was silent for quite some time but amidst his silence, he was squeezing the girl's hand tightly before leaning on her head that leaned against his shoulder. "To make the long story short, I cut my allegiance to him but it was too late. The heavens won't welcome me back. They already considered me a traitor. So... I was banned and punished to be a mere on-looker of the heaven and hell... to be able to bring souls to their gates but not being able to enter both worlds. I'm stuck in a world of death in between."

The memories flashed in his mind like a movie he was watching all by himself but another distraction came in the form of a question.

"I've never felt a kiss before, Sybil," Mana admitted to the girl. "Do you mind showing me how it feels like?"

His words were so strong and mystifying and his voice only helped to enhance the sense of wonder she felt as he told the story of his origins and explained it to her. Her mind was blown, to say the least, to know that the two mythical “super beings” of religion were both real and that Mana had known both of them. Sybil thought it was safe to say that she was no longer unsure about the existence of god or the devil as she had proof right in front of her that they were real and honestly, that scared her to the core as she didn’t know just how much was real and how much had been falsified by fanatics and loons. She supposed that would be a question for another time… at the moment she didn’t want to ruin the mood by asking so many questions like that.

Of all of his story, there was one thing that saddened her the most and made her wish there was something she could do to help him with. The fact that he was stuck doing this forever, not able to do anything else, just dealing with a never ending cycle of death. Sybil would look at him and smile, not wanting him to see how saddened she was by his story. She would make a promise to herself then and there; to try to make sure that every and any time they would spend together, she would try to make him feel happy, or at least his equivalent as she wasn’t sure just yet if there was any way to actually teach him. It would start tonight with a kiss…

Right after he’d asked her to show him, Sybil leaned closer to him, placing her hands on his shoulders and gently squeezing them. She bit her lower lip nervously as her eyes took in his features from up close then focused on those lips of his just as one of her hands came up to cup his cheek and caress it gently. Her thumb rubbed his cheek tenderly as she closed the gap between them more till their lips were mere centimeters apart with her eyes locked into his. She gazed into his crimson orbs for a moment, wanting one last look in case something were to happen where she died for kissing death, before closing her eyes and pressing her soft, supple lips against his. His lips were cold at first, so cold it brought goosebumps to her skin once more, but soon she found they’d begun to warm up from hers as she kissed him. Her other hand snaked up from his shoulder around to the back of his hair where she began to curl his locks around her fingers. Her head leaned to the side and she continued to kiss him a few more times, their lips making a quick, barely noticeable wet noise before she began to pull away and remained close enough so that their faces hovered close.

Sybil’s breath had been stolen by the kisses, her head was spinning and her lips quivered as if they were craving more. When she tried to speak it was as if she couldn’t get any words out and her voice broke a bit until she cleared her throat as she opened her eyes to look at him and see his expression and reaction. “H-how was that?”

Their lips met in a blissful reality that Mana knew so many centuries ago but the memory seemed to be meant to be locked away forever. Perhaps back in those days, he had a woman to call his own as well. He also held someone and have their lips meet to experience a momentary explosion of bliss and love -- but that was then. His whole life as an angel had been far shorter than his sentence of being a soul transporter. In fact, he doesn't even know when this living hell will end.

Yet this was no time to dwell in the past and to think about unnecessary realities. Right now, this was the moment of giving him a glimpse of being alive again and it was all thanks to this lovely girl he just met.

Mana didn't move yet he allowed Sybil to do her little explorations willingly. The feel of her fingers along his hair made him feel light inside. It gave him the kind of sensation he never felt before and somewhere inside him, an urge grew to reach out and pull her even closer. The connection they had seemed to have intensified even more and as his eyes closed, Mana mentally noted that tonight, other reapers can do his job. He'd risk this night for the sake of Sybil. Truth of the matter was, he didn't know what would happen from now on.

Once they parted, Mana found himself instinctively leaning towards her slightly as if his lips longed for the connection once again yet he decided to dismiss the feeling.

"It was the loveliest sensation of all, Sybil," Mana responded with a smile before glancing up at the sky above them. "The night is getting deeper," he remarked. "Shouldn't you be home now?"

A sense of joy and relief filled her in a way that she’d had felt in a long time. To see his smile after he’d said it was a lovely sensation made her heart feel light and butterflies flutter in her stomach. It meant so much that he was able to feel something... it meant so much more that she was able to help him feel it. For the moment, she dismissed his question about her being home before her arms came up to wrap around his neck and her lips met his once more, gently caressing his with her own wanting this beautiful sensation to last longer and keep her in a state of bliss with not a single worry for the past, present or future. To her, this moment with him was one she wanted to enjoy as long as possible.

Her lips lingered against his for short moment longer before once again she parted the connection, leaning her forehead against his while she had a coy smile on her face. “I don’t care about home at this moment… I want to stay with you longer if possible… I like this a lot and I want to make sure I cherish it as much as possible in case it never happens again.” Sybil confessed as she leaned back and brought her hands down his shoulders and arms until she reached his hands to hold them and lace her fingers with his.

Mana felt her lips against his own once again and the second time around gave more sparks than the first. It seemed to have ignited so much in him - so much that had been locked up all these years. It was like somewhere inside him, he had a heart; a real beating heart that was capable of feeling all sorts of emotions that he hadn't felt in forever. Mana tried to mimic her actions to at least show her that he appreciated and loved the kiss as much as she did but the kiss ended as soon as it started. Instead, he simply adored the feeling of her hands trailing down his arm to hold his own. Mana stared at the laced fingers for a while, thinking that he had seen such gestures so many times that it took context clues for him to understand what it meant. He didn't know much but he knew as much as it was an act of lovers. The thought made him smile again.

Mana glanced up at her and dared to stroke her face with his hand. "I don't remember much," he began, "but I surely remember the angels looking like you and acting like you. The boy wasted such a golden opportunity to have you in his life." The grim reaper took her wrist and pulled her into a gentle and warm embrace. Partially he didn't know what he was doing but all these years of observing humans taught him that it was an act of comfort. "Do not worry, mademoiselle. This is most definitely not the last time but I dread to tell you that I would have to leave your company by tomorrow morning. My duty calls."

The feel of his hand on her face as he stroked it felt so refreshing, warm and comforting. If it were anyone else, she would have flinched and covered herself just from reflex as soon as his hand had come close to her, but she was happy with him here and she trusted him. She was free to enjoy his touch and his embrace with no worries of his hurting her. Her face grew bright pink at his words comparing her to an angel so she hid her face against his chest one he was holding her. Her arms came up to wrap around his torso, holding him so close to her she was sure he’d be able to feel how hard and fast her heart was beating.

The fact that he had to leave soon no longer concerned her, she could tell by the way he held her and the way he spoke to her that he was telling the truth when he said it wouldn’t be the last time they saw each other. It no longer scared her to let him go tonight… not only would she get to see him again but she’d definitely be thinking of him until she did. He had made such an impact on her in the short time they’d met that it even boggled her mind to try and put logic to it. It was impossible to say why, but she had felt an instant bond to him and at this point, she wanted to cherish and accept it with no questions.

Her hands gripped a small bunch of the back of his top, wanting to stay in his embrace for as much as possible. ”Alright… but, could you walk me home? It isn’t too far from here… it’s just that my family is out a Halloween celebration at a relative’s house and I don’t want to go home alone since I was supposed to be staying with a friend tonight, but those plans are pretty shot.” Sybil would smile and giggle a bit as she looked up at him, admiring his eyes as she would reach up with a hand to play with his hair once more before she began to stand up, brushing down the back of her costume dress and handing him his cloak since she felt much warmer now, she draped it back over his shoulders and gave him a quick peck on his forehead before taking his hands again and pulling him up to his feet so they could start leaving.

"Yes, of course, Sybil," Mana responded to her as he allowed her to do as she pleases. The feeling of hands - actual living hands - touching his cold skin felt so different and so odd but at the same time, it felt mesmerizing and comforting. It would take a lot of getting used to, along with the affections his companion was giving her, but he'd welcome everything willingly. So this is why human beings love being in love, he thought to himself. Mana watched as she dusted her dress and somewhere inside him, there was an odd sensation that attempted to make itself known as his eyes lingered on the bare flesh. His human comprehension didn't tell him as much.

He held her hand as they walked along the streets. Thankfully, it was that time of the year where costumes were highly acceptable so Mana didn't exactly stand out if in any case someone saw him but that idea reminded him of something. He walked faster so that he was just walking beside the girl and not behind her.

"Don't speak to me", Mana uttered mentally, allowing the girl to hear him in his mind. "I am very convinced that most if not everyone you see does not see me the way you do, unless they, too, have encountered a near-death experience. Lead me to your home and we can continue our conversation in a place more private". Even as Mana talked to her in their minds, his expression was very neutral and natural as if nothing was going on.

At first she was startled by the sound of his voice in her head, quickly looking up at him with a confused look on her face, but as he explained himself to her she would simply nod and turn her attention to the direction they were walking in. It would only make sense that he would ask that of her, otherwise not only would she look like a nut talking to herself, but someone may overhear something they weren’t supposed to and it could have dire consequences.

They were only a few blocks away from her home and there weren’t that many people out save for a few young people still attempting to trick or treat so late in the night and some walking about and causing trouble by tp’ing a house or two. Though she would seem like she walking by herself, she felt quite safe being that Mana was right beside her. The moments passed in a sweet silence between the two of them and they finally walked up the walkway to the door of her house and only then would she let go of his hand. Sybil would bend over and crouch down to grab something out from her boots, a key to the front door of her home which she slipped inside the lock and turned it just before turning the knob and pushing the large wooden door open, stepping inside then looking back at him with a bright smile on her face. ”Come on in for a bit.” She offered and waited for him to come inside before shutting the door behind him.

The thought to offer him something came to her mind but she wasn’t sure if he could eat or drink anything, so might as well ask, right? ”Mana… can you eat and drink food? Or is that down there with the whole Grim reaper thing where you don’t have to?” She smiled as she gave a quick giggle and began sat down on the bottom of the stairs to undo the laces on her boots and slip them off to put them beside the stairs. "If not, we should go up to my room in case someone comes home so they don't see me talking to myself or with a strange man."

Mana continued walking beside her friend and noted how some kids, perhaps those still innocent ones, glanced at his direction and actually smiled at him. Mana attempted a smile too but it was too much of a risk - not for him but the child. He then proceeded to follow Sybil to her home and when they reached the place, Mana allowed her to enter first and he followed before the female shut the door. He smiled at her thoughtfulness.

"We have no need to eat or drink, Sybil," he told her and then acknowledged the thought of going to her room (though a part of him thought how ungentlemanly it was). He followed her all the way up, taking mental note of photographs displayed along the way.

”I thought that’s how it may be but I figured I would ask anyways. I couldn’t have you thinking I was a bad host or anything.” Sybil replied as she led up to the second floor and down a long hall to the last door on the right. The door was white with lots of pictures on the wall, along with her name carved into the wood of the door over the top. Just before she placed her hand on the knob, she looked over all the pictures of her, her family and friends together. Particularly, she looked at how happy she’d been back then before she had met her ex and it dawned on her that she had been feeling like her old self for a while now that she’d had a second chance at life. ”This is my room.” She mentioned as she opened the door and let him go in first, closing the door behind her and allowing him to look around her room.

It was a decent sized room, big enough to hold all the things she held dear. There was a large dark, mahogany bookcase on one of the walls filled with books of all kinds, comics and some movies on the bottom shelf. Her bed was a large four poster bed with a canopy and curtains that were tied to each post, her favorite piece of furniture as it was as comfortable as it was beautiful in her eyes. There was an easel in a corner of a room with some paintings and blank canvases beside it, indicating that she’d been a long time painter and artist. Right beside it was her computer desk with some books stacked on it and a lot of papers all over it. For the most part it was clean but there were a few things on the floor here and there.

”Sorry it’s a bit messy… I forgot to clean up before I left to go to my friend’s house. Please have a seat anywhere.” She held her hand out, motioning to the bed, the computer chair or an armchair next to the bookcase with a lamp right above it. Sybil waited until he picked a spot to sit down or if he decided to keep looking around before walking over to a vanity table and picking up a tissue to begin wiping away the dark makeup she had all over her eyes as it had started to smear and it looked weird, though even after she’d wiped it off it was still there just slightly. ”I think you may be the first guest I’ve had in my room since I came home from the hospital…” Sybil commented as she took her long dark red hair down from its ponytail and walked over to Mana, smiling warmly and hoping he felt comfortable and welcome in her home.

Mana took some time to observe the photos before entering the room. He noted Sybil's smile in all of the photos and wondered how she felt during the time the photo was taken and what led her to that wreck that he met first in the hospital. The thought worked up his emotions, making a cold breeze suddenly flow through the room. When he realized what he had done, Mana said, "I'm sorry. It's just that..." he began as he sat down on the arm chair. "It's very difficult for me to understand how some human managed to take away your smile. You have such a lovely smile." Mana spoke the last sentence softly as if he was just uttering to himself. After a moment, he glanced up at his companion and dared to approach her. He stroked her face with a gentle force to wipe off the remaining make-up and when the real Sybil emerged, Mana couldn't help but smile. "Those silly substances do not fit your face, mademoiselle," he told her. Afterwards, he got up and walked around the room. He looked at the books on the shelves and the papers and clothes scattered around the room. Mana tried to picture what kind of girl Sybil was on a regular basis but his imagination didnt stretch as much.

"Sybil?" He began, turning his attention back to the girl. "Will you tell me more about yourself? You're a very interesting girl."

The breeze had definitely been unexpected, especially considering what he said when he had explained himself. She wondered if she should tell him how it all happened… how she ended up in that hospital and how her abuser got away with it with no repercussions from the police. A small lump built up in her throat and she looked down at the ground briefly, deciding that it was not the best time to talk about that sort of thing and luckily she wouldn’t have to as he’d come over to her and stroked her face. The soft touch was just what she needed to throw away those horrid memories for now, she felt calm and happy just from the feel of his hand on her skin. That combined with that charming smile of his, she couldn’t help but smile back and rest her face against his hand for a little longer before he walked away and looked around her room, seemingly examining everything.

He was so sweet and gentle with her, completely the opposite of what she had been used to, and though she thoroughly enjoyed it, it worried her that she would grow too dependent on him too quickly. The way he complimented her and looked at her… it made her feel like she was the only person in the world and that she was special, something worth treasuring. It was so rare for her to feel that way and she inwardly thanked him for it all. When he called her name and asked her to tell him of herself, she stared at him with a wide-eyed look, tilting her head to the side as she tried to think of how to answer him as she'd been caught off guard.

”Um… Well, I’m not sure where to start…” She paused for a moment, looking around her room for something, anything to help her answer him. Her blue eyes came down on a scrapbook that she’d made for a project when she was in highschool.She walked over to it and picked it up, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge of it before patting the spot next to her, inviting him to sit next to her so that he could see it as well. ”Here, I’ll try to show as much as I can.” Sybil said with a small smile before she looked down at the dark purple and light grey book, running her slender digits along the ribbons and little butterfly cutouts before lifting the top panel and opening it to the first page.

”I never really liked scrapbooking until I got this project in school… I ended up liking it so much I still do it to this day. I don’t really think there’s anything special about me to mention off the top of my head so I figured this would help me tell you. Now let’s see….” Sybil paused as she began to turn the pages, telling him a bit of every page. She talked about how she was an art major in school and painted a mural that was still in the cafeteria of her old school when she got to the picture taken of it, she showed him pictures of her friends and families during one of her birthday parties. There were a lot of pictures of her life in that book and each came with a small story. Once she got to the end of it, she shut the book and turned it over, looking up at him with a small smile, shrugging her shoulders a bit. ”I may not be as interesting as you may have thought but… I do think I have some qualities that have been forgotten in the world. I try to see the beauty in things… I like admiring works of art, both natural and man-made. I would love to travel the world someday and just visit every single beautiful landmark the world had to offer… I want to paint it all and bring it home with me so I can’t ever forget it. “

Sybil placed the book on the other side of her on the bed and she leaned her head so it would rest on his shoulder again, her hand finding his and holding it gently. ”I would really like it if you’d let me paint you sometime… It doesn’t have to be tonight since we may not have enough time but… I just feel like you’re so wonderful and I hope to show you that. You’re not just a banished angel, grim reaper person… You’re Mana and you’re amazing… and you have made me feel so safe. I could never thank you enough for this…” Sybil’s whole face turned a soft shade of red from how embarrassed she felt from saying all of this to him and she wondered where her darn filter was at that she was just letting all of this out…

Each page flipped one by one and his red eyes took in all the in the photographs. Mana remembered when the camera was first invented and how those inventions were such a pain to use at first but now everyone abused it and took it for granted. Still, he admired what he saw in the photographs thinking that it was Sybil who took it and she had her reasons why she took them. It must've meant something her and seeing it made Mana feel that he was seeing a part of Sybil's past - the past that was comfortable for her to show, at least. He listened as she spoke to her about her dream to travel the world. "I wish I can bring you along with me," Mana began as he held her head in place on his shoulder, loving the feeling of her close to him. "I have traveled the world since time immemorial and watched the human's highs and lows. I must say, it is not as marvelous as you think it is, but some are truly a sight to see. Someday, I'm very definite that you'd get to see the world too."

But perhaps it wouldn't be with me. The last statement was meant to be kept in his own private thoughts but little did he know, his thoughts echoed through the girl's own as well. Mana shook his head to ignore the unwanted thought and decided to focus on Sybil's statement instead. He smiled even if his companion couldn't see it. "I'd love to be part of your works of art, Sybil. And thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. Truly." Mana glanced down at their laced hands and for a while, he allowed himself to get lost in the moment. It felt too new for him but he was growing to love it every minute.

With his free hand, he created small balls of colored fire to illuminate the room. Four small balls of fire took off in the four corners of the room - one yellow, one blue, one red, the other purple. It gave a relaxing and romantic glow to the place as Mana, out of instinct, pulled her closer to him.

Mana had seen so much she wished she could know just a fraction of what he’d seen. He must have seen so many wonderful things and so many horrible things as well. She hoped that someday he could tell her some stories as it fascinated her to know just how accurate those history books have been. She listened intently to his every word, but grew a bit confused to the words she’d heard in her head. It saddened her that he thought this way. Sure, before she’d met him that night, she would have gone on her own if possible but now that she’d met him, she imagined it would have been even better to see the world and travel with him by her side. He had so much to offer and he didn’t even realize it, but she hoped with all her might he would someday.

Her eyes watched his hand as he created the orbs of colored fired and she stared in amazement as they took their places in the corner and just before she could say anything, she felt his arms pull her to him. Sybil looked up at his face and stared at his handsome features, his eyes and his lips, it caused her to feel the overwhelming urge to kiss him again; to feel his lips against her own again and fall into that state of bliss and excitement it’d brought her to earlier. She took this opportunity to get more comfortable with him, moving so that her legs were cradled over his lap and she wrapped an around his back, clutching to the back of his shirt, while her other hand rubbed his neck and shoulder. Her face came close to the crook of his neck, so close she was sure he felt her hot breath against his cool skin, and she began to gently rub her cheek to his neck in a soft and affectionate nuzzling motion. If she could have it her way, she would remain this way with him forever and be eternally at peace.

”Mana…” She spoke out softly, almost in a whisper. ”I would love it more if it was with you… It would be even more special in my eyes if I were to experience those things with you.” Sybil paused as the hand rubbing his shoulder would slowly slip up to his face, rubbing his cheek before she turned his chin to look down at her so his hot, crimson eyes would meet with her cool, blue eyes once more. Her face was flushed and her eyes seemed to glisten in the romantic light let off by the orbs of colored fire he’d made, she would bite her lower lips slightly nervously before speaking up again. “Even though we’ve only just met tonight… because of the impact you’ve had on me, you will always have a place in my mind and heart and I want to thank you for that. Even if you’re not physically with me, it’ll always feel as if you were.” The corners of her lips moved upwards as a bright and loving smile lit up her face for him. ”Got it, mister?” She wanted him to know this... not to let him be aware that she'd heard him think it, but so that he wouldn't ever have to think that way again.

It seemed like it was no longer possible for Mana to pull her closer against him in that little space they had yet he still pressed her body against his own and enjoyed the affectionate actions she was giving her. His hand also gently caressed her shoulders down to the side of her arms and it made his body yearn for something more - something far more than the the simple hugs and cuddles.The dimly lit room added more to the sensation he was feeling and yearning but before he could let himself drown into it, Mana heard her speak. He listened to her as she took his chin so that their eyes would meet again. His eyes searched her own in attempt to understand why Sybil was being kind, in fact too kind to him, but the answers he needed were voiced out by the girl herself. He listened at her words of utmost affection, telling him that he'd always have a special place in her heart and mind and the thought itself made him smile another genuine smile.

"You really are an extraordinary girl, did you know that?" Mana told her as he caressed her face again. "When I come back, I'll tell you what I saw. Some of your books contain mere myths of fake accounts but that will just be our little secret, okay?" Mana chuckled. When his soft laughter faded, a smile remained on his lips as he pulled away slightly from the girl to raise up his hand. He took out a ring, a golden one filled with intricate patterns and topped with a red gem, and handed it to his companion. He took her hand and placed it on her palm before closing her hand to grasp on it.

"This is a proof that some time in your life, you met me," Mana told her with his eyes fixed on her blue ones. "I do not know how much time we have but I want you to remember that you met me." His words ended with a sigh as he glanced outside the window. The moon was high up above shining in its full glory.

Once again his touch was like heaven to her skin as he rubbed her arms and caressed her face so tenderly it made her heart flutter and her skin tingled with exhilaration. She found herself unable to tear her eyes from his lips as he spoke to her and when he mentioned telling her what he’d seen, she grew even more excited for their next meeting as she would finally get to learn from him and not only that, if he told her stories that meant she would get to listen to him speak for a while and enjoy the voice she’d grown to enjoy. ”I won’t tell anyone, I promise. It’ll be just between us, it wouldn’t be like anyone would believe me anyway.” She giggled at the last part before her attention was brought to his hand and the piece of jewelry he’d placed on her palm. It was so beautiful and it was just like him… a beautiful gold band to match his golden hair and the red gem that was the same shade as the eyes she’d grown attached to.

”Its… delightfully amazing… I will treasure it always, and think of you whenever I look at it.” She promised him as she ran the tip of her finger over the band and the jewel before she picked it up and slipped it over the index finger of her right hand so she would always see it when she first looked down at her hands. Sybil brought her hand to her face, pressing the ring to her lips as she smiled warmly. When she heard his sigh, she looked up at him and looked out the window, noticing how bright the moon was shining that night and how it definitely helped with the alluring moment they were sharing. ”Here… lay down on the bed.” Sybil said as she got up from being beside him and she walked to the posts of her bed, untying the curtains and enclosing them in but left the curtain that faced the window partly open so the light of the fire orbs and the moon could shine down right where they would be laying.

Sybil waited until he got comfortable before she hopped on the bed again, crawling beside him to lay her head on the pillow with her dark red hair spread out behind her against the white sheets of the bed, and her light blue eyes looking right at him. ”Mana, let’s just treasure this time we have left together before we see each other again next time.”

Mana knew for a fact that no one would believe Sybil even if she goes around telling people how she met an actual grim reaper and how she spent time with him. He watched as Sybil wore the ring on her finger and even if it looked too big on her, he smiled at how the other seemed to be very happy and content with her little gift. Little did she know that it was Mana's favorite ring - a ring he actually owned when he was still up in the heavens as a young angel.

When she ushered him to the bed, Mana could only blink in response. His thoughts suddenly battled between morality and what he wants for he knew it was very rude to lie down in bed with a female let alone a female he had just met but he was invited to it, right? Mana decided that the heavens won't welcome him back anyway so shrugging his internal struggles away, he lied down on the bed and waited for his companion to scoot closer to him. Once she took her place, he once again dared to bring her close to him in a warm and gentle embrace.

"I really don't understand why that man would waste such an opportunity to have you in his life," Mana murmured absent-mindedly as he allowed his hands to brush the strand of her soft hair, letting the strands caress his skin before doing the process all over again from the top down to the tips. "If you would not mind, Sybil, I'd like to know what happened."

So that I can wash away the terrible memories

Once he’d laid on the bed, she moved so that the front of her body was pressed to his side with her head resting in between his chest and shoulder, trying to make it so his arm wouldn’t fall asleep after a little while. While she laid on one arm, the other would take the opportunity to explore and began to rub his chest from side to side as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the closeness they shared and the way his hands played with her hair, causing her to become more and more relaxed. That was until he asked to know what happened. Her eyes opened slowly and she stared at the window, her hand now clutching to the front of his shirt as she hid her face into chest, muffling her voice a bit. ”…I don’t know if I can…” Sybil shut her eyes again, gulping a bit as her body began to shake just from the thought of what had happened back then. Taking a deep breath, she mustered up the strength she got from his support and began to tell him anyways.

”He’d been hurting me for a while at that point… but it’d never gotten that bad. He always apologized and told me he wouldn’t do it again, like a fool I believed him because he was my first love. I wish I knew then what I know now and that I’d put a stop to it.“

One night, Sybil had received a call from her ex, telling her that he needed to talk to her. Whenever she would ask what about, he wouldn’t say what and instead said that it was important. By the time she’d gotten there, he was quite wasted and slurring his words as he yelled at her about something his friends had told him. Apparently, they’d seen her with a guy at the mall that day, which was true but it was her cousin that had come to town from college. Her boyfriend had assumed she was cheating on him and before she could even begin to explain he had grabbed the bottle and threw it at her, hitting her square in the chest so that it had knocked the air out of her, sending her to the floor. He paced back and forth over her body, yelling obscenities at her and degrading her by telling her how worthless she was. Eventually his anger had gotten to its boiling point and he began to kick her mercilessly, each time causing a cry of pain to come from the young girl.

When she’d tried to cover herself, he grabbed her by her hair and pulled her to the couch, tying her up with some rope so tightly it dug into her skin and ached her if she even moved a bit. By this point, she had bruises all over her torso and arms, along with a bloody nose, crying and begging for him to stop… but he didn’t. That night he’d beaten her for hours, stopping occasionally to get some more alcohol and at one point sat on her while he ate something. Sybil was in a personal hell that night… any want to live had been beaten out of her by him. By the time he had sobered up, it was four in the morning and she was a bloody mess, almost unrecognizable and slowly dying. He didn’t even bother untying her when he put her in his truck and drove her to the front of the hospital, dropping her off on the sidewalk, where she remained in the cold until someone found her and brought her inside.

She was asleep for most of the time she was in the hospital, in a coma from the trauma. They were amazed she had woken up at all considering she was almost dead when they’d gotten her into the hospital. With time, she got better and released for home care. When they had tried to bring charges onto mark for the assault and attempted murder, the police wouldn’t do anything because he was the son of one of the detectives. They buried it and let him free while she suffered.

”…He broke my body, my spirit and my will. But somehow I still survived… I can’t figure out why but towards the end, I just… wanted to live; so I didn’t give up.” Sybil’s voice was shaking as she tried to swallow the lump in her throat. That was the first time she’d told anyone all the details about what had happened that night… ”I’m getting over it slowly… I just can’t wait to completely forget about it.”

Sybil looked up at him, fighting back the tears that had been threatening to fall from her eyes as she brought her hand to his cheek and caressed it ever-so-tenderly. "But then you came around tonight... and I feel like my pain from then is going away so much faster. I feel hope for a future where I don't have to be afraid anymore..."

As Sybil spoke about her experiences that fateful night, Mana could see the images in her mind like it was a movie on playback. The more he held on to the girl as she spoke, the more intensified the details became as if it were his actual thoughts and not someone else's own. Every detail was so vivid that somehow, somewhere in him, he could actually feel every kick and punch Sybil received that night. As the story progressed, the glowing orbs started moving around in a frantic dance while somewhere outside, the light on the lamp post started flickering. Mana's emotions had been so intense he had been affecting the energy levels both inside and outside the room.

Once the girl was done talking, Mana held her so hard and turned her until she laid on top of him. He wasn't exactly quite sure why he had done it and for a while their eyes met in utmost confusion yet he softened up with a smile and took the chance to caress her face once again until his fingers finished trailing down on her lips. He caressed the pink flesh gently with his eyes staring at it in awe.

"I will make sure I'll bring his soul to hell when the time comes. I will avenge you, Sybil. Count on that." And with that said, Mana lost all control as he suddenly crashed his lips against Sybil's own while gently caressing her bare and exposed arms. The kiss started out fiery and passionate but Mana softened up a bit that the kiss melted into a sensual make-out session.

She noted that as she was telling him the story that she felt his muscles tensing up and that it seemed he was getting quite worked up about it all. It comforted her to know that he felt compassion for what she’d been through and that he was so affected by it, but she hadn’t been expecting the reaction she got from the calm Mana she had seen so far. When his arms brought her closer and pulled her to lay on top of him, she was shocked and speechless, wondering just what was going on with him. Any worries she may have had quickly melted away and disappeared as soon as his hand came to her face and her fingers trailed her lips, along with his vow of avenging her. While she didn’t want to admit that she was looking forward to having Mana send Mark to hell, she knew she got an incredible sense of satisfaction that he would get what he deserved when his time came. She wanted him to experience what she felt and more…

Her thoughts of revenge quickly were forgotten when she finally felt his lips press to hers, this time by him and not her doing it. He finally kissed her and it seemed he had been wanting to for a while now. Sybil’s hands cupped the sides of his face and she responded right away, with the same passion and fire as his. Her luscious lips caressed his in a flurry of soft, yet hungry kisses, even rewarding him with a few quick moans before their kissing slowed down to a more constant, yet completely satisfying pace. Sybil made herself comfortable by nestling herself in between his legs, but snaked one leg over his thigh, squeezing occasionally. Her body was starting to move on its own, reacting to the attraction she felt for Mana and the desire to have him close to her and show her affection for him. After a few moments, her tongue made a series of shy darts from between her lips, brushing against his lips tentatively to savor the taste they held. She found herself addicted to the sweet taste they held, sensual and exotic, like a nectar that had been made by angels. She pulled away briefly to allow themselves to get some air before she reached out again to make contact with lips, nipping at the lower one slightly before she would grab at his shirt, moving so that she was on her side then her back, having pulled him onto her all the while they were still kissing. Her hands ran up and down his back, exploring his physique as she went to heaven and back during their little makeout session, his warm lips so inviting that she found it difficult to pull away.

Mana felt her body shifting on top of him, creating friction that he did not expect to happen but it did - his body responded in a very humanly way, far different from how he usually is. He knew he had secluded himself from all sorts of emotions and sensations long ago but having Sybil do all these things to him now brought back what was sleeping inside him. He held her face as their lips continued to lock as he once in a while felt the teasing sensation she was giving him when he felt her tongue touch his lips ever so slightly. He tried mimicking the act only to find their tongues meet at one point, causing sparks to rise up in his body which seemed like it was already acting on its own accord. Mana slipped his tongue out and gently explored the mouth of his new female friend while her hands caressed his torso - another act that almost drove him insane. They both parted ways for a moment but their eyes met in cloudy haze and he knew both of them were enjoying it as much as the other did. Their lips connected once again this time around, Mana's hands found their way along the hem of her dress, taking it further upwards until her underwear showed. He continued giving her kisses and exploring her mouth while his hands gently caressed the round butt cheeks that were only covered by the thin cloth of her panties. It took a while but as soon as the act registered in his mind, Mana's eyes opened wide and he instantly broke their connection in short gasps of breath. He looked at her as if he had done the cruelest thing on earth.

"I'm so sorry..." Mana began as he took her gently and moved away under her. He sat down and covered his face in shame. "I barely know you, you barely know me, and I've done so much. Too much, in fact. I didn't mean... to touch you. My hand just-- I--" He breathed out. "I'm so sorry, Sybil. I'm so sorry." He spoke in a rush and in great panic, still avoiding the girl's gaze.

It felt like they were both in their own little world, together, sharing this passionate and tender moment where they explored each other in a quite sensual manner, but not in an over the top way. Or at least she was the only one who thought that as he’d suddenly broken their kissing and moved away from her, sitting and covering his face. She was stunned by his sudden reaction to just rubbing her rear, something that she’d actually been enjoying as it was his touch that she enjoyed so much. Sybil couldn’t understand why he was apologizing so much as he hadn’t done anything to upset her or make her angry.

Her arms wrapped around his shoulders as she kneeled down behind him, pressing her face to his back as she held him tightly to her, clinging to him and trying to cover him in a comforting embrace. ”Shhh…. Mana, please stop. Its alright… Its my fault.” Sybil felt bad as she realized she may have been pressuring him into this or that she’d made him uncomfortable by coming on too strong too quickly. She’d forgotten that he was not used to these types of actions and sensations and didn’t think that it would overwhelm him to rush into something like this and it made her feel so guilty that she didn’t take this into consideration. ”I’m the one who should be sorry… I got so caught up in how I felt with you around that I didn’t take into account how you would feel… You haven’t done anything bad, you haven’t violated or hurt me so please, calm down.” Sybil spoke in a soft, gentle tone hoping to ease his panicked state and help to ease him as she tightened the hug a bit more.

”I guess it’s normal for you to be this way… you haven’t done this before or in a very long time. You probably didn’t understand what you’re feeling… I shouldn’t have rushed you. I’m so sorry, Mana…” Sybil apologized again as she pulled her arms away and moved away from him, giving him some space if he needed it by moving to sit on the other side of the bed. She placed her hands on her lap and looked down at the sheets, a bit worried for him and how he was doing. ”If you have to go… I understand.” Though her voice seemed really sad, and in truth she was, but she was more worried for him and wanted to make sure he was comfortable…

Still with his face buried in his hands, he listened to her words. Mentally he couldn't bring himself to believe that Sybil was the one apologizing to him when she didn't do anything wrong. A part of him also mentally scolded himself. She just told you her story about that godforsaken boy and here you are, allowing your body and your mind to do all of those lustful things.His thoughts battled with Sybil's own words that seemed like his conscience arguing in his head about what is right and what is wrong. When he heard her utter about leaving, though, and hearing that sad tone in her voice, Mana snapped back to reality and in an instant, he turned to face her and bring her to his embrace again.

"I do not wish to leave. Not tonight. Not yet," Mana told her with utmost conviction. "I was worried, Sybil, worried that I was the one pushing you and I'd be like that monster you just told me about. Never in my life would I want you to think poorly of me," he continued on while stroking her hair once again. Slowly, he laid her back down on the bed and he followed beside her, still keeping her close while allowing her head to rest on his stretched arm. His eyes were fixed on her face as he stroked her cheeks lovingly.

"Women are God's most wonderful creation," He began, "and the woman body looks beautiful. I don't know what had gotten in to me, truly I do not, but," Ever so slowly and gently, Mana's hand slid down - from her face to her neck, breasts and upper thigh - in exploration. "It seems like a lovely sight to touch."

She had half expected for him to get up and leave her there, and she wouldn’t have blamed him. Maybe he just needs time to figure out what’s going on with him…’ She thought to herself as she stared at his back for a moment before taking a deep breath and sighing softly. When she suddenly felt his pull and his arms right around her again, her eyes widened from the abrupt action catching her off guard as it was the opposite of what she had been expecting. She listened to him intently as he spoke and explained himself, hoping to get even just a glimpse as to why he’d reacted that way, and that was just what she got. It really made her want to melt to think that it was because he’d been so concerned with how she would feel about it and that he was worried that she would think badly of him, something she knew couldn’t possibly happen.

The combination of his fingers running through her hair and his hand caressing her cheek as he had laid them down on the bed close to each other felt incredible to her. Though it was nothing compared to how amazing it felt to have his hand run down her body so that only the thin fabric of her dress was separating his fingertips from her skin. Her body was reacting on its own to this sensation; her nipples had started to grow erect under the fabric of her bra and dress, her body had begun to heat up from arousal and she had started to fidget and squeeze her thighs together while she laid beside him. Her eyes never left his as he spoke to her. Sybil brought her hand up to his face, her dainty fingertips running over his facial features, tracing everything from his eyebrows, the slope of his nose and the shape of his soft, delicate lips. She let her fingers continue to dance over his skin, going further down past his chin and neck, tracing his clavicle and going down the middle of his chest until she would go back up to his shoulder and go down his arm. Her hand playfully squeezed his bicep muscles until she moved closer against him to pressed her body to his, bringing her face in between his neck and ear.

”I could never think badly of you… If I didn’t want you to touch me, I would say something. I told you, Mana. I feel comfortable with you… You bring things out of me. You cause sensations to run through my body and thoughts to fill my head that I really am not used to but I don’t reject them. You make my body react in ways no one ever has… Yes it’s a bit scary at times because I’ve only just met you but… Everything happens for a reason, right? Sybil whispered in his ear, a soft sultry tone to her voice. She ran her lips over his earlobe before beginning to speak again. ”What if I was meant to go through all of this, just so I could be able to see you and meet you tonight? What if this was meant to happen from the very beginning? I don’t want you to be alone anymore, Mana. I don’t want you to have a life of only death and being stuck… I want to bring something special to your life, I want to bring you happiness if you’ll allow me to… I don’t care about the circumstances.” She was so sincere with her words and as soon as she finished speaking, she would press her lips to the soft skin of his neck, kissing it a few times.

Mana found himself resisting the urge to let out a sound he didn't know he was capable of when her voice coaxed him even more to continue what he had been doing earlier. He allowed her lips to caress his earlobes and his neck, causing sparks to run up his spine again. This sensation... it had long been forgotten. Bits and pieces of his memories as an angel were still there but everything seemed so distant and glitchy. He remembered holding another angel in his arms as they laid in their bare forms in an abandoned forest under the night sky. Their clothes were disregarded in a messy pile beside them while their wings sprawled out in all its glory as she cuddled up in his arms. The memories were enough to spark the sensation inside him to let him know how to deal with the current situation they were in.

"Sybil..." Mana uttered softly, his voice becoming husky as he spoke. He found the straps of her dress and slowly, he brought it all the way down to her waist to expose her breasts for his eyes. He found himself staring at the two lovely curves for a while until he took the straps of her bra away to expose the flesh in all its glory. He played with the two pink nubs carefully with his fingers as his breathing became heavier and heavier. Somewhere down there, he could feel another sensation coming along.

Mana leaned closer and kissed her neck, sucking playfully in various areas. His fingers continued playing with her nipples as he raised his knee in between her legs to tease the damp female glory beneath her underwear.

"Will you show me how great a woman's body looks like, Sybil?" Mana uttered against her ear in a voice clouded with passion.

Back
Top Bottom