Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Blooded (Me and IgnitedFlame)

Avi tried to pull back, angry that he'd grab her, though she didn't fight much.. "It happen when I was younger, it doesn't matter.. just take this and let me go." She stubborning pushed and tug to move away. But his grip didn't falter. She swallows then shrugs, "It was from when I was caged..perhaps 10 summers ago.. " She told him.." I was captured by some soldiers.. but not before I'd injured several in defense. They'd taken red hot blades slicing my arms, legs, and .. well heat of the blades seer the wounds closed. They did it in revenge for the injuring I had caused and they seemed to like to hear my screams. Now let go!" She was cold as she spoke about it. Almost too cold, like she really couldn't pity herself or feel then pain anymore.

He let go when she finally explained and he took the ointment and he nodded "i'm sorry" he said as he looked at her as he then began to apply the ointment to his scales and he sighed happily as it was one of the greatest sensations to finally have the itching stop. he however looked at her and he moved a bit forward and turned himself a bit so she could see some scars of his own. he had many on his back around his chest... they looked very bad, like someone had attacked him brutially there before now.

"It nothing you need be sorry for.. " she told him, and backed away once he'd released her arm. She watched him apply the ointment and saw almost immediately how the scales absorbed the treatment, the color seeming to get brighter. Even the tension of his muscles eases as the itching disappears. She seemed to stare with open curiosity at the bareness of his torso, the scars of a warrior like him didn't seem to out of place. "You fought for many years, Do you always fight like you had in the town, just attack like that, you seem to not fear the chance of death?"

"You see the scars on my back right? That was not from a fight... that was from an assassination attempt' he said as he began to put the meat now onto sticks so they could cook over the fire "When I was young I had already become a warrior... I was..." he thought about it "12 when the attack happened" he looked at the meat cooking as he said "I had been fighting for a while... had angered some bad people and they sent assassins to kill me. if it wasn't for my armor and my hardened skin I would be dead. Lucky for me the blades did not sink in too far. After that day i decided to live every battle like it is my last... go into a war thinking you are going to die and you may survive but go into war expecting to leave without a scratch... chances are you will die first"

Avi looked away when she mentioned already being a warrior at 12, and before even. She listened to the story and said nothing for a long moment, "Where you decided to fight, I'd learned to stop. I don't know if I can learn to be like you, the way you killed the raiders, I thought for a moment you were .. well.. perhaps like some kind of immortal human. Completely fearless. i suppose the fact your dragon-blood explains much." She pushes her hair out of her face and sighs. Then she busied herself scooping the rest of the salve and wrapping it in a few leaves. Saving what was left so he could use it again for a few days.

Lance only nodded but he then said "but it is because i am like you that this can be done, hell I am worse off, you have more gifts than I do" he said with a small smile as he looked at her "Please at least try... I mean what else can you do? Just bend over and take it for the rest of your life?" he looked at her as he waited for a responce now as their meat cooked, it was actually getting close to getting done.

She smiles and nods, "I shall try, I had not meant to give you the impression I would not. It is only, its become second nature for me to not fight, to just take the punches and walk when the attackers become bored of the fact I wasn't fighting." She inhales deeply, the smell of the cooking meat making her stomach growl. "Can I eat that now.. i rather it wasn't overly cooked." She blushed, it was another thing she did that many full humans found 'evil' she could eat meat mostly rare.

"Actually I was waiting for it to be about this cooked" he said handing her a nice slab of the meat and he took a good ammount for himself as well as he just began to tear his teeth into it and he ripped apart the meat piece by piece in massive mouthfuls as he just devoured the piece he had as he placed two more to cook.

She didn't speak as she ate the fresh venison. And took more when he offered. She eat well enough in the past few months, but his sharing of the meal with her made her smile while she ate. Sitting there, no talking, just the simple presents of him was something she honestly found she had missed. Avi had been forced to do most everything alone for years before and after the blacksmith and she wife died. But that time in the middle when they'd too let her share in the meals, She almost felt normal.

Sighing the two ate until the entire deer was gone and he then just lay back on the ground with his hands behind his head and he sighed. "Well I hope you enjoyed dinner" he said with a small smile "But it is getting late, and we have a long day tomorrow with the traveling and the training"

She felt full and relaxed, she'd even rather content. She was seated the fire still flickering as she heard him mention more travel and training. She realized in the day she'd spent walking with him, she'd not even tried to figure out the direction they were headed. Instead she'd kept quiet and even tonight she'd gotten distracted by the fact he was another dragon-type. That fact along with the the need to eat had taken over the need to find out simpler things. Like where was he leading her, and even what name he went by.

With the light of the fire still flickering she sigh in return, meeting his gaze. "Thanks for sharing the deer with me... It was enjoyed.. " She paused for a moment still looking into his dragon slitted eyes, "Where are we going.. And well I do know what you are, but what do I call you?" She paused her eyes looking back into the flames and continued. "You can call me Avilynna ..or Avi.. its the name Grace and Zane called me."

Lance looked at her and he nodded "My name is Lance Silvervein" he smiled as he said "And Avi... you have a very beautiful name." He then smiled "But we should get some sleep, we do have a long day ahaid of us and we will need all of our energy in order to really go through the travel and training... Oh and to answer your question just walking to the next town, i am a merc so I do need more than just the fruit of the land, I need jobs and money" he said as he lay there "So does that satasify your question?"

The entire time he lay there looking up at her, he was happy to have another of his kind with him, truely he was but he had been alone for a long time and he was used to it, so he was just naturally less talkative than a person who is naturally surrounded by people.

"Right .. yes that all.." she found her own flat area of ground covered in grass and curled herself almost like a animal might on her side. Her tail looping up to be used as a pillow. "Goodnight .. " she said softly, having no problem with pausing their conversation. She would be traveling with him for a least some time, and really wasn't much else to talk or ask about. She was with one the at more like her then she'd ever met. She was content with the knowledge and the meal digesting was pulling her body into a warm embrace, the inner fires kept her warm during even the slight chill of night.

When they woke the next morning she wasn't surprised they were up with the sun. Nor was she surprised to see he had already buried the fire's coals with dirst and redressed in his clothing and armor. They'd eaten their fill the night before, and since he had an appetite like her own she guessed he too could eat his fill and then go a full day or two before needing to eat again. So as they left the clearing and headed back toward the main road she suddenly had a question and couldn't seem to keep it to herself. "Will you want me to stay outside the next town.. probably be best.. I don't want to bring any trouble."

"You still have your cloak right?" he asked as the two were now on the main road with the bag over his shoulder as he looked over at her "if so put it on and just pretend to be a nun or something... I don't really care" he said 'Besides, I will need you there so you can pick out your weapon... I am figuring a lance and maybe a blade that we can attach to your tail to make it something more usable" he said smiling at her softly as they continued along "I can see you being a nice warrior overall, I mean from your bodytype I can figure you will do wonders, just need to build up the right muscles and skills" he said as he kept walking.

but as the two walked he stopped after a bit and he turned to look at her as he said "But i need to know something... do you have any problem actually killing?"

When she talked about her building up muscle she nodded, wondering to herself a bit how they'd do that but also no worrying over the details at the moment. She as still trying to picture herself welding a weapon, especially like his mention one attached to her tails. She never imagined doing such a thing, but suddenly if made sense. After they continued the walk, she was confused when he finally stopped and turned toward her, looking into the green slitted eyes he had yet to hide. His question did seem to really sink in right away. Could she kill someone? She wished men would die a thousand times over, she'd wanted to rip a few heads off. She knew then and their she could kill, and the only thing that had kept her from doing so for so many years had been the fear of revengeful others attacking her back. With and nod she seemed to stand a bit straighter and looked him more squarely in the eyes. "Yes.. I have no problem.. I never done so before but... I believe I can.."

He nodded as she responded 'Well then... don't hesitate... becasue that is what seperates the living from the dead" he said as he kept walking, he would not hide his eyes just yet since they were not close enough to a town for it to matter. He streched his arms over his head "well then... how fast do you think you can run? Because i guess we can at least start building up athletics and stamina."

Avi simply smiled, running in the woods was likely one of the only things she done in the past several years to keep her sane and to expel energy. She liked know the forest around the little town better then the others. It was like her safe haven. "I think my running and stamina wont be an issue." Her lips curling up as her tail seems to be flatting straight behind her balancing and ready for a run.

He grinned and he then looked back at her "prove it to me" he said as he began to run down the dirt road. He was actually pretty quick even with carrying so much weight like the pack, the armor and the sword but without all of those things it was likely she would get ahaid however he kept moving left and right, getting right in front of her so that way she couldn't pass him as he looked back at her smiling a very big cocky smile "What's wrong? Can't keep up?" he teased

Then simple words and tone of his voice when he told her 'prove it to me.' Seem to make her entire mind dead set on live and surpassing the expectations. She run after his form following and trying pass him. She was smiling as he'd looked back at her, but when he'd provoked her again, she took action. Avi quickly leveraged a kick of a passing tree as they ran, giving her the added boost to close and pass his form, she she did it again and again, until she was several strides ahead, this time looking back at him. "What was that about not keeping up?"

Lance licked his lips a bit, liking how she was just as competitive as him... must be the dragon genes. He then nodded as he said "Alright then, looks like I have to play dirty too" he said refering to her jumping off the trees as he undid the ties that held his sword onto his back and he then almost used it like a polevault, managing to use the sword as a way to get him into the trees as he jumped branch over branch, often times breaking a few because of his weight but he then jumped down in front of her and he was again ahaid. He looked back at her and he stuck out his tongue teasingly. Though the thing was he knew she would beat him, he just didn't want to be shown the one up just yet.

Suddenly she was laughing as she watching him land in the space in front of her. It was like they were only playing a game. No greater purpose. She had never have the ability to just enjoy running and playing as a child. Running had been a task and a purpose of escape. Running like this along with him made her eyes brighten and the tension eased. She sped up again,smiling as she ran up beside him keeping pace for the next several moments.

he laughed as he then began to slow down and eventually he stopped as he was catching his breath as he smiled up at her "Alright I get it you win" he said as he looked at her "but remember soon you will be heald down by the weight of your new weapons and armor. You will not just bee in a skimpy dress and a cloak" he said with a grin as he walked over to where she had stopped and he said 'But don't worry, it is easy to train someone to get used to weight" he said as he then began to just walk again seeming to have regained himself

She was smiling widely as he told her she had won. At least this time. She knew as he spoke about equipment again, she might not have 'won' if he hadn't be weighed down so much. Avi came to a stop and pulled the hood of the cloak up to hide her purple tinted skin. Able to sense they were soon to be upon the next town, knowing she need to keep herself well hidden to avoid trouble. "I know I have a lot you can teach me.. we're close to the town aren't we?"

He nodded 'It is good you can tell that, in truth this town is closer than most tend to me, sometimes we will have to walk for a few days in order to get to them but this one was easily less than a day's time, of course we did leave late yesterday" he smiled "But just keep your body mostly hidden and we will be fine... I know a blacksmith in this town who actually trusts dragonborn, hell he likes us for the fire we can produce for his forge, so we help him he will help us" he said as the two kept moving.

Avi nods,"I always had a good sense of direction, I think its since I can smell and see so well usually." She adjust the cloak one last time, making sure her tail curled up and hidden well. Hearing he was friends with the blacksmith made her smile, she'd almost wished she'd know that years ago that another blacksmith might have welcomed her. As the continued to move toward the town she grew exceedingly more nervous with every step. She kept fidgeting with the cloak, and even slouching down so her tall form was less noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom