Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Blooded (Me and IgnitedFlame)

desertpaladin

Supernova
Lance sighed as he sat at the tavern his hand slowly moving the contents of his glass back and forth, the liquid getting close to spiling out before he would tilt it to have the liquid rush to the other side. In truth Lance was bored out of his mind, the last job he had was maybe a week ago on his travels and he was needing something at least a little exciting to get him through this next week otherwise he would be bored out of his mind. The Inn itself was not crowded, especially the area surrounding Lance. He was a stranger in this town and a very dangerious looking one at that.

Lance himself was very large, especially for the people around here where none of them broke 6 feet tall, Lance himself was 6'4". He was also built rather well, seeming to have a body that was a mix between a bull's and a cheeta's, or a mix of muscle and athletics. And he looked rather imposing as well. He wore a greyish white tunic and some brown pants, but he also had full armor on over it with half of the pieces being leather and the other half being metal. He wore hardened leather boots, some guards on his thighs as well as a leather gauntlet on his right hand, and an elbow guard and a shoulderguard on the right arm. His torso, around his abs mostly had many leather belts interweaving back and forth to work as a way to protect his gut. He had leather guards on his lower legs and as a gauntlet on his left arm as well as having the rest of that arm pure platemail. He had a place chestguard and some of the leather armor had metal studs on it to help give him more protection. His hair was short and light brown in color like the earth and his eyes were such an intence green they almost seemed magical, and they should because they were.

Lance himself was one of the dragonborn, though true the dragon blood was not as thick in his veins since his grandfather was the last half dragon in his family tree that he knew of. In truth his eyes were the same color, but were reptillian slits instead of human eyes. Thanks to his great-grandfather he had the ability to use magic, but since he was a warrior he only used it to cover his eyes and keep him from producing fire while in human towns. His total gifts were his eyes, magic, the ability to produce fire like a dragon could though in limited qualities and his skin was tougher than most humans, making him a little more resistant to attacks. hell it even made him stronger which was how he was able to carry the massive two handed broadsword on his back. The sword itself was quite large, practically a buster sword in size yet it stayed on his back like it was nothing held there by many belts.

Lance was a merc, and at this point he would do any job if at least for the excitement value, though he never did anything for bandits and the like. he actually had a heart unlike them... those humans who call lance and his kind beasts... but what could he do. Sighing he lifted the glass to his lips and he quickly downed the contents before slamming it back down on the bar and he just sat there shaking his head 'god damn I need a job..."

Avilynna hissed at the change in the winds. Tilting her head back to the scents that were floating toward the town, she could tell suddenly the town was about to be attacked. But she hesitates, Avi is no meek creature, but the town never welcomed her. Which was why she avoided going into town at all. She was dragon-spawn to them, a demon and nothing short of worthless. The dirt on the ground had more worth.

It was true, Avi had been mistreated, abused, and attacked for appearance all her life. Her violet skin, flame colored eyes, black coal colored hair that seems to glow with copper color on the tips, was never over looked. As a child she was stoned or whipped whenever she was seen. The long spear like tail had been yanked, broken, and cut. She was lucky the dragon half healed her so well, or cursed her so well. She always healed though she'd learned to hide herself away, only showing herself in the night and usually even then wearing a large cloak to ward off immediate sneers and attacks.

When she'd wondered into this small town and found a home with a blacksmith and his wife. They were kind to her and even taught her some basics of healing (mostly to help her mend her own wounds that others enjoyed inflicting). Also as a dragon and able to control breathing fire and immunity of being overly burned she crafted some excellent weapons and armor (which had only be sold when the blacksmith was alive). They had died from a plague 3 years before. But she hadn't abandoned the home, where she now lived outside the town. It seems as long as she stay in the home and the town left her be.

Now she was faced with a choice, risk the town people attacking her for even setting foot into the town. She could smell the men that were approaching, it was no simple traveling party. But she doubted even if she warned the town that they would listen. Avi nibbled her lower lip and let out a frustrated sigh. Dropping the wood she'd been carrying, she pulled the cloak around her tightly and coiled her tail to keep it hidden and out of sight, as she moved into the town.

As she reached the tavern she felt like a stone was already hitting the pit of her stomach. With a deep breath she swung open the door and stood in the doorway. She didn't dare enter, plus this way she could warn them and not be trapped in the tavern with angry townsmen. When the tavern owner saw her he stopped in mid-sentence and quickly the rest of the eyes were sneering toward her. Before they could speak or spew curses at her she shouted out the warning. "I know I am not welcome, but there are men approaching from the west and I think they intend to attack!" She lied about seeing them, but she wasn't about to reveal how strong her sense of smell was.

Lance's ears perked up as he listened to this and he grinned as he denied the second drink and he turned on his chair to face the cloaked newcomer however he could tell right away by how the woman was dressed, he could tell by the sound of her voice that it was a woman, that she was a half dragon, or at least had a large ammount of dragonblood in her veins. Lance then stood and he walked over to her as he cracked his knuckles a bit but he was smiling at her 'I hope you are right" he said as the other men had been laughing at her before now, however Lance was ready to fight "I have been bored all week' he said as he stepped out of the tavern cracking his neck as he began to head over to the side of town that she mentioned.

He was very excited to get into a fight, let alone one where everyone would not be a part of it and take away from his fun. yes he found fighting fun, hell one of the most fun experiences not including sex. He headed to the outside of the town and he perked his ears up as the bandits were getting close now. Lance grabbed the handle of his mighty sword and he had one hand on what seemed like a simple leather strap coming from the back of the many belts that he had. The bandits growing closer and closer. His hands were tingling with excitement as he waited, his gauntleted hand then pulled the strap as his other hand moved the sword so that he stood in a semi defensive, semi aggressive stance.

As the others had ignored her and begun throwing the insults her way, she didn't listen. Instead her attention was drawn to stranger that seemed the only one that believed her words. Avi moved out of his way as he'd approached and exited the tavern the door closing behind them both to cut off the laughter and shouts from the townsmen. Perhaps the thing about him that caught her the most off guard was the fact he'd actually smiled at her. She blinked watching him unsheathing the massive sword, standing facing the west and knowing the attacker were but moments from arriving. Did he honestly think to attack on his own? One against the dozens she'd sensed?

Before she could try to move to question him, her attention spun to the men now exiting the tavern and stalking toward her. She'd not had her guard up as she normally would in the town, so they half surrounded her when she hissed toward them. "Leave me alone! I did not come to fight.. .." her sentence was cut back by a cub that was swung at her head, she'd avoiding the blow but the others were closing in as well. Luckily the horse riding attackers were finally riding into view, torches and weapons in hand.

"LOOK! Look! " she screamed and defending herself until the townsmen finally saw the on slot of raiders approaching. She heard one man curse, "Damn spawn was right..." Another kicked dirt at her with the words "she probably lead them here stupid worm." Next thing she knew they men had abandon the beating they had planned for her and began rallying the rest of the town in warning. She let out a sigh of relief ducking into the shadows between building until it was safe to make her way back to her home.

Lance however had not noticed what was behind him, when the bandits had come over the horizon he had rushed forth to fight them alone. The area ahaid of him was a nice open plains where there would be no hiding, something that made lance grin and run faster toward the group of approching bandits. The bandits had laughed when they saw the lone swordsman moving to defend the town and they all decided to charge lance, more than likely for the entertainment of beating up on someone they thought was lesser than them in strength... boy were they wrong.

As the dozen of so bandits came into his sword's range he cleaved at the horses and the bandits knocking men off by their horse suddenly dying or killing the man by seperating him into two. lance moved about quickly despite the weight of the sword as he just wanted to have some fun. True the bandits eventually dismounted and began to fight him sword to sword, however even then they were just chopped down until the last few were running for the hills and lance sighed as he began to wipe the blood off his sword and he then began to head back to the village, figuring he would get something for slaying all of the bandits.

People stood in silence at the edges of the buildings that made up the tiny center of town. The men that had been rushing to prepare for a fight were now stand and begun to cheer for the warrior that had just single handedly fought and won against the invading bandits. Many were speaking in a mummer of appreciation but a wiry awe son hushed the crowd as he moved closer. Avi had as all the others. She felt a sudden smile lift the edges of her lips. Though is didn't remain long, she pressed herself back in to the shadows where she'd wait for the crowd to disperse so she could leave the town and hopefully the man's deeds with erase the memory she'd ever even been there.

In a unsettle moment the crowd split to let a portly man move toward the warrior. The man was obviously the one the town choice to speak and lead, a mayor of sorts. He made a loud noise to clear his throat and looked toward the stranger. "Welcome warrior! I am Sigmund and your skills have graced our town with no deaths for its people. We are in your debt, You are welcome to remain for as long as you like, will do what we can to met any need you might have." Of course Sigmund and the rest of the town had little more to offer then that, it was no booming economy here the people were poor and lived life day to day.

Lance however rose his armored hand and he smiled a bit as he had his sword behind held with his right hand by it resting on his shoulder and he said "I will not stay for long, I was actually heading out today before all of this started" he said as he looked at the Mayor. "However" he said 'I did not do this for free... I do want something in return for this, I do not care what but I would like something that is of some value" he said "Considering I killed over a dozen bandits and no one was harmed i figure this to be a rather reasonable request"

Sigmund seems to pale at the mention of 'something of value'. He turned to speak with others with a smile he turned back. "Certainly .. We have a slave you can have, she not much to look at but her skills are more than satisfactory for a man of your strength." As Sigmund spoke the same group of men that had tried to attack her moved toward the shadows between the building were she was hidden. She flattened herself and back farther into the gap, but her eyes see the men as they rushed and pinned her into the cold stone wall.

"Look spawn you have nothing here any more, your as good as dead for having thought to set foot into the town as it is. You have one choice, your going to be a gift to his stranger or we're going to slice off your tail, feed it to you, and then gut you for the rats." She had blades pointed at her and each and every eye was filled with hatred. She doubted nothing they threatened. Though she wasn't sure what would be worse, staying to try and fight this town, or going and having to try to escape the man that had single handedly destroyed a group of bandits. She remembers the smile he'd given her, and with that in mind she nodded to the men holding her. Though they didn't immediately release her either, from what seemed like out of no where iron cuffs and collar were lock around her wrists and throat. Her cloak pulled off to reveal her trim body, violet dragon like skin, covered in the tattered clothing she'd worn for years. "Now keep you mouth shut and act the like the slave we should have sold you for sooner."

With not more stalling she was dragged into the crowd and forward, pushed until she is forced to stumble out into the opening of space between the warrior and Sigmund. "Ah there you are.. like I said the slave is not much to look at with her dragon heritage, But she is only thing of value we can offer. Do you accept, Friend?" Sigmund was tense as he seems wiry that this could be seen as an insulting offering if the man were as prejudice as some where about her kind.

Lance saw her come out and he could tell that she had been the woman under the cloak from before. In truth Lance felt discusted at the people here and it showed on his face, however the people would naturally think that he was discusted at her appearance, since lance himself appeared human. Lance moved forward and he placed his gauntleted hand under her chin as he began to look her over, and for a flash it seemed like his eyes had turned from human pupils to reptillian slits and then changed back again. Lance then moved from her as he said 'You believe she is worth something? Hell the clothes on her back are worth more than this woman" he was lying of course, he was actually trying to help her. "First get her some actual clothes, and then gift wrap her to go' he said looking at the leader knowing the leader would be a bit iffy on giving her clothes but with the strong swordsman demanding things of the leader he would be a fool to deny him. Lance looked over to her as he then turned back to the leader 'Well what are you waiting for? I have a busy schedule and I need to get going" he said tapping his foot impatiently as he waited for the fat blob to get his ass in gear and move.

naturally enough the people respected Lance's wishes and got her just some very simple clothing, a dress naturally enough though the cloth itself was sparing, probably to make the role of slave seem more apparent but Lance nodded, knowing that would be the best she would get from those greedy pigs and he then took the chain leash that was attached to her collar as the two left the town, just walking now as his strong gauntleted hand held her chain tightly. he did not speak to her as the two walked for the rest of the day. He did not make any other motion other than moving until it was begining to get dark when he left the main dirt road and he stopped in a pretty forested area... one that could not really even see the main road as he turned to look at her and he began to get closer to her.

Avi peered up and around her as they came to a stop for the night. The day had gone by with nothing said to her. It seemed that once being given the new clothing, and even the return of her cloak, He had been satisfied enough with the towns 'gift' of her. They'd left and not looked back. She felt rather lost. Though the new dress the hugged her torso and billowed around her lean legs, was softer then she ever worn. Her tail even tucked itself coiled and hidden beneath the fabric. At least it had when they'd first started the journey that morning. Now she let stretch and uncoil swaying as she'd walked for the past several hours. The thick speared tail couldn't keep coiled up for too long without cramping and causing her pain.

Now they stopped walking, and he was moving toward where she stood. The chain that had been connected to the iron collar slackening as he closed the distance. She felt and wave of unease wash over her. All the worries of being beaten, raped, and likely abused by this fierce warrior surfaced. She kept her panic in check throughout the day but suddenly the gauntlet hand seemed to be moving for her throat. She begins stepping back and back again as he moved toward her until she was scrambling backward and with a grunt as her spine impacts with a tree.."Stop! Please.. don't hurt me. Stay back!" She felt the panic raising the fire in her belly, smoke would whisper out with her breathing and she seemed ready to attack if need be.

However he grabbed her collar and he broke it... something no human should be able to do with one hand as the pieces fell around her feet and he then turned her so he could reach her iron cuffs and he ripped them off next. He looked at her and he smiled, his eyes changing to become more reptillian "Stop yelling... jesus you act like I was going to beat you to death" he said as he then stepped back from her "I'm sorry for what happened at the town, I had to keep up appearances otherwise they might of attacked us both and killed us" he gave a small groan as he began to strech his left arm before his other hand began to remove the gauntlet revealing something that was the cross between a human hand and arm and a dragon hand and arm. it had scales though they were different from hers, they were a slight silverish blue color and he smiled as he looked at her showing off his hand "See... you aren't the only dragonborn" he said as he moved back and he sat down with his back against a tree 'Sit... relax... you are no slave of mine but I would ask for the free woman to just sit down and maybe talk for a little bit"

Avi nearly choked on air when she heard the crack of the iron breaking and then the collar tumble off her neck to land on the ground at her feet. She herself could have pulled off the iron, but after years of such treatment she just didn't feel it mattered if she did so or not. Not to mention before this moment she didn't think this man would double think slicing her in two like he had the bandits. When the wrist cuffs fell away as well, she was finally ready to listen to what he was saying.

She'd thought she'd imagined the flash of his eyes earlier in town, thinking it was fear the was making her see things. Now though as he stepped back and his pupils slitted and stayed that way, her head tilted curiously. Though she made no move yet, instead she let him speak and remove his gauntlet. The difference of the arm beneath the armor seemed to explain a lot, but also raise up numerous questions. Still she didn't move or speak. Not even after he ask her to and told her she was not his slave. She stood still press against the tree, hesitant and seeming rather deep in thought.

Finally she moved. She bent down and pick up the broken iron that was once the collar and wrist cuffs, tossing them into the forest like the weighed nothing (and like they disgusted her), before moving to sit facing him. Studying his eyes without speaking and scanning the blue scaled arm. Only when she'd looked her fill did she finally speak. "So you have dragon blood? But your not a half-ling, like me?" She seems curious, and she'd never met another with dragon blood. Avi had not even known her parents nor which had been the dragon, only the rumor and curses people shouted at her since she could remember.

He nodded 'In truth it was my grandfather who was a half blood... It had been supposedly been bred out by my father who actually came out human, but then as you can see" he said as he held up his arm 'it came back" but he was smiling as he looked at her "but still I find it useful... I mean I have strength, a bit of magic... lots of things I could not have if I was human" he said as he looked at her 'I had planned on meeting you before i fully left but then well... those greedy pigs caught you it seems... because you definately do not scream sex slave" he said as he watched her.

However before she could speak he did "We should however set up camp soon, I mean it will be getting dark and it would be good to at least have something set up for when it finally does become dark" he said as he began to stand "You can wait here or do whatever, I am going to gather a few things, be right back" and with that he left into the woods to gather their supplies for camp, leaving his arm armor right there on the ground before her.

She listened to him tell her about his father and grandfather. It made her a bit envious that he was able to hide the things that gave him dragon features. She smirks at him as he obviously seen thru the attempt to make her something so far from what she was. A sex slave? Ha, it was rather stupid. She supposes the town was lucky having rid themselves of her. But now that he was telling her he was not keeping her as his slave, What did that mean for her? If she tried to return they would kill her, if she tired to move to somewhere new, they would try to kill her as well. So what now?

When he left to there semi knelt in the clearing with his armor at her feet, she bit her lip and pick up the gauntlet. It was odd and a bit heavy, and noticed the amount of wear from battle it had seemed to have. Once she'd spent a few moment examining the arm piece, she place it back on the ground where she'd pick up it. Then stood paced the small clearing. Her eyes adjusting to the dimming light that was transforming into the darkness of day. Her eyes were at a disadvantage at dusk and dawn. Her eyes saw perfecting in the day and the night , but during these transition of light, she found shadows merges and she was nearly blind. She heard his foot steps returning and tried to focus toward his approach.

Lance gave her a soft smile as he returned with what seemed to be a backpack and some firewood "I left provisions outside of town in a hidden spot, I never like taking too much into town, makes one a target" he said as he sat down in front of her and he made a small makeshift firepit as he then blew some of his fire onto the wood where the entire thing burst into lively flames. He smiled as he then opened up the backpack and he pulled out what appeared to be a blanket and a few other camping things.

Looking at her he asked 'So... what will you do with your freedom of the town... I mean I know there is not much for our kind... but if you want" he said as he looked at her 'I can offer you a life with me... I can teach you how to fight better and maybe if something where humans corner you you can fight them off and win" he sugguested as he looked at her with a small smile "obviously that is if you wish to, nothing more, I will not keep you with me if you desire to be elsewhere" he said with a sigh as he began to remove more of his armor and his sword until he was down to his shirt and his pants. He looked at her as he said "Now do not get the wrong idea, they just need to breathe" he said as he removed his shirt and much of his torso from the waist up it seemed right until the edge of his pectorals was scales instead of skin, the same as his arm as he gently rubbed them with a sigh, seeming to scratch them with his clawed hand a bit.

When he returned with the pack and supplies she watched and waited, honestly when he'd breathed fire her eyes had widened, as if she finally let it sink in he was truly a dragon-kind. Biting at her lower lip, with slightly pointed teeth, she gazed into the flames he'd created. Listening to the fact he was offering to teach her, to let her travel with him, with no strings attached. In her mind no one helped one like her. And no one did anything for free. But then she'd never met another that faced some of the same issues she did. The idea of learning and living among someone like herself appealed to her for the moment.

She thought of the changes that could be resulting in traveling with him, and learning to fight the way he had done with the bandits. Perhaps traveling with him she be able to fine a place that would accept one like her. if such a place was found, with skills in fighting and blacksmithing she could live without fear. She'd no longer be helpless to defend against a town like the one she'd just left. Once his shirt was off, her eyes locked on the scaled abdomen, her head tilting in awe. "What about a tail?" She asked suddenly the word out of her mouth before she could stop them.

When she finally spoke he smiled but when she asked about a tail he stopped, and he shook his head "I never had one" he said as he watched her "I got scales and a claw and eyes, I never got a tail" he looked at her as he kept scratching his scales, they seemed to be causing him to be rather ichy. "But in all honesty they seem useful" he said as he looked at her "Hell we might even be able to find a way to make that thing really deadly" he said as he looked at her and her own tail.

She couldn't help but grin at the idea of her being in anyway deadly. He tail curls up until its seems almost to be waves in front of her own eyes. Look at her own tail in a new light. She seems to be almost laughing as she spoke, "I remember when I used to fight, pure defense countless times. My tail likes to whip about, but.. it also become a great way to become trapped. Once one was strong enough to keep a grip on it, I was trapped." She pauses, take a breath her shoulder slouched forward."But as I grew older I found if I didn't fight back, they'd been satisfied with less damage and I could get away with fewer wounds."

He glanced up again at the scales he was scratching and bit her lip. She had issue with her dragon like skin getting that way at times as well. "If you like, I will look for the plants to boil a oil to help with that... " she points to his itching. "It makes the scales stronger that way as well." She stood already seeming to be scanning the forest around her for the correct leaves and roots.

He smiled "Thanks, if you can get to work on that I can get to work on dinner he said as he stood up and began to head off back into the woods once again, more than likely to kill some deer or some other animal for them to roast and feast on. Sighing as he walked away he could not wait for that oil, the scales did itch terribly at times and he was happy to have something to remedy that. He headed off and soon found a deer all by itself, he quickly swooped in upon it and killed it very quickly with his claw before he then picked it up and began to carry it back to their camp.

Avi found the plants to steal the leaves from, others to dig up the roots, and the sapling tree that ooze a foamy sap from a broken branch. Once she had the items she needed, she helped herself to an item in the pac, a small iron pot. She peels the leaves, stripping the roots, and splitsthe branch, until it all fit into the pot to boil with a tiny pool of water. She was semi crouched over the deed of slowly swirling the pot with her hands and fingers, the heat of it not burning the skin like it might another. With the way she was bent over the fire, the flames seem to burn in the amber colored eyes, her tails curled and set behind her, peeking out from under the skirt, and keeping her position balanced.

By the time she heard his returning steps, the concoction was thickening and bubbling, steam floating up. It didn't look all too appetizing, but it wasn't suppose to be eaten. Once she looks up to see his victorious return with a meal. She licks her lips, the meat of the deer would seer and taste wonderful in a few moments, she almost looked predatory. Her gazed shifted and locking on him next. One might be uncertain what her eyes were savoring the meal of the dear, or the man. In truth Avi had never been able to even contemplate knowing a man without him being repulsed by what she was. But he was different, wasn't he?

She pushed away the thoughts and turned her eyes back to the salve she was preparing for him. "You'll have something to fix the itch in a few moments." She pulled the pot of the flames and set it to cool. "It will be best to apply while is still a bit hot, I am correct in thinking you are less prone to burns as well, no?"

he smiled and he nodded "I have to admit, it would make it hard for me to be here today" he said as he sat down with the deer and he began to skin it first, trying to get as much of the fur as possable, figuring maybe he could make it into something for her to wear, something more comfortable than the skimpy dress. He looked up at her as he said "When I was young... and people found out my father was part dragon they flipped... and when my father was away the villagers burned down my house... and killed my mom... they figured me dead but thanks to my gifts I survived" he said as he looked at her as he had quite a bit of the deer skinned.

Avi nods remember the number of times people tried to use fire against her and how quickly they learned it was useless. "Dragon-hide has its helpful qualities when you wish to survive.... I don't have any memories of my parents, none that I think are real anyway. I used to try to imagine them, the only thing I am semi certain about is I believe my Mother was human with blue eyes." She said nothing beyond that, not wanting to talk about the number of times she almost starved or been beaten to death. It was a miracle in itself one so small as she must have been had survived. "Never had a home really, accept before, back in the town, the healer and her husband the blacksmith took pity on me years ago. They let me stay with them, even taught me things. But .. well the town as you can see didn't care even if i had a few real skills after they died."

"Well don't worry to much, you are out of there and your own woman now" he said with a small grin as he held up the pelt that he had skinned off of the deer and he then began to slice up the meat for them to eat, though they would need to cook it soon before it started to really smell and attract animals "So is the salve ready?" he asked looking at her

She a return to the task at hand, she scooped the paste like lotion onto a large flat leaf. curling the edges and moved toward him. "It still pretty warm and you should feel a difference as soon as you place it over your scales." She smiles softly holding the concoction out for him to take from her hands. Of course this close he'd likely notice the faded scarring that marked her lower and upper arms until they disappeared beneath the fabric of the dress.

When he reached out he grabbed her arm instead of the ointment and he looked up at her as he said "What happened to you?" he had seen the scars, hell his dragon eyes made him see things quite clearly "What happened to you that caused this... please tell me" he said watching her as he kept her from giving him the ointment or retracting her arm. he wanted to know what had happened.

Back
Top Bottom