Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Lesson in Love (MoonxChurch)

Church

Supernova
Well, apparently this was destined to be another boring day to end off a dull week of monotony and hell at Riverview High. The otters, that was what they were, as if that was supposed to strike fear in the hearts of their enemies. He was a junior, so the newness had long since worn off and all he was left with was a numb sensation as he just moved through the days, nothing setting one apart from the other. It was as if he didn't have friends, because he did. He even had a girlfriend, though he wasn't too interested in her, too clingy. He was currently reclined in a chair texting her, telling her that everything was fine between them and that she didn't need to worry about anything, that they were fine and didn't need to break up. This was beginning to become a weekly occurrence for them and he was getting tired of it. He was wearing jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt that framed his slim body nicely. He was thin and tall, the epitome of a swimmers body.

Dark hair hung close to his eyes which made his bright blue eyes stand out even more in contrast with his pale skin. Some would even dare to call him pretty. He was wondering where his teacher was, as it was five minutes past the bell and she had been one to yell if you were even a second late getting to your seat. His eyes lingered over the male who burst into the room in an awkward display. It wasn't that he wasn't coordinated, he just seemed a little lost and overwhelmed, probably a sub, he thought happily as he looked to his best friend. They shared a look and he raised his hand, leaning onto his forearms. "Excuse me, we've been watching a movie the past couple days, are we going to get to finish it?" he asked, smirking a bit. His friend piped in a 'yea' and a chorus of agreement went around the room as no one wanted to do a bunch of bookwork.

Daneas would have already been warned about this particular student. It wasn't that he was a bad kid by any means but he didn't try hard and he enjoyed seeing what he could get up to in a short amount of time and what buttons he could push without getting in too much trouble. Jake was actually very smart and aced all of his tests and quizzes though he wouldn't let anyone else know that. He liked his reputation and he would keep it up as long as he could. Then maybe he'd fuck with people by going to Harvard or some big name ivy league school. It was all just a game to him but he rather enjoyed the game. His phone buzzed again, ugh, that was probably Jenna. She got on his nerves so bad. He wasn't even sure why he still dated her, he didn't get anything out of the relationship.

He ignored the buzzing and kept his eyes focused on the man, finding that he was more interested in him than the phone in his pocket. He wanted to read the mans expression and see how quickly he could break him. He had done it before, caused substitute teachers to quit or even change schools, he had kept a running tally, actually. He was more than a little surprised to find out that this wasn't actually a sub, his cocky smirk faltering a little. Well, at least he wouldn't have to worry about his grades at all, this was easily his best subject. He settled back into his chair and waited for him to start attempting to teach. He had the first year vibe all over him, clearly this was his first class and Jake was very keen on making it one that he would always remember.

Daneas Morino could barely contain his excitement. he had graduated the top of his class, several years early. he was even more excited because the teacher of the very class he wanted to teach, had a sudden and inexplicable desire to retire. so he had, which meant Daneas was IN! he was going to teach! and he was going to teach WELL!... now if only he'd managed to not be late to his first class! he broke into the room just as the bell rang, and he sighed a little and shook his head. how he had managed to get lost on his very first day was beyond him, not to mention that the principle had yelled at him for ten minutes about biking to the school of all things. why shouldn't Daneas ride his bike to school? it was his bike and his life so he'd do what he wanted. he straightened himself out, swept his golden brown hair out of his eyes and strode to the front of the class. he couldn't have been any older than twenty, barely out of high school himself. he adjusted his glasses and his sharp eyes swept intently around the room as he studied the various students that where now his.

"No we will not be finishing the movie. none of you care one lick about it anyway." Daneas stated simply. "i see no point in making you watch some crappy old man playing a fiddle on a roof when it has nothing to do with English history or literature in any way." he stated simply, his voice deep, cultured, and full of passion. "you're previous teacher, Miss Arterworth, has decided to take an early retirement..." here he paused, his eyes scanning the classroom again and it was clear int hat instant that as young as Daneas was, he wasn't a teacher to cross. "i am your new Teacher, Daneas Morino. and since i know how you... 'kids' are with foreign names and new teachers, you can call me Mister Dan." he stated as soon as giggles filled the room at his name. "now then. let's get to it shall we?" he asked, examining his roll call sheet. instead of taking Roll though, he simply counted the number of students and matched it to the sheet. "alright, everyone is here... or at least i have the correct number of heads." he admitted simply, looking rather amused. "we're going to start with something... simple. nothing against Mrs. Arterworth, but clearly she has lost her passion for the subject at hand." Mr. Dan stated with a shake of his head. "making you watch Fiddler on the roof... honestly, has the woman no shame?" he mused as he picked up the course book, staring at it. "...really? this is you're course book?" he demanded, looking baffled before shaking her head and tossing it back on the desk.

"you won't need those anymore." he stated simply. "Today, we will begin working on a very famous author from the early nineteenth century, Edgar Allen Poe." he stated with a sly smirk. "one the the rather... gorier writers of his time. he specialized in what is now known today as a 'short story'. you might not realize this, but he was considered the 'father' of the Detective fiction Genre, and was one of the forefathers of Science fiction. hard to beleive i know, but he is one of the most brilliant writers you will learn about." Daneas stated with a sly grin as he held up a book. "this is one of my personal favorites, the Tell Tale Heart. i will read it aloud to you, and then we'll have a discussion about the story." and so Daneas read the story, his voice alive with passion, and deep foreboding as he read the story. and as he reached the parts where the Heart began to beat under the floorboards, his hand beat on his podium, making it sound like a heartbeat. several of the girls shuddered. "now then. who has an opinion on the story?" one of the girls piped up. "Was Mr. Poe Mad?" she asked and Daneas smirked. "actually, beleive it or not, he wrote the 'Gothic' style books, to appease the public taste at the time. death was a common factor in life at that time, and everyone loved a good gory ending." he paused as he realized the bell was about to ring. "alright! homework!" he smirked as everyone groaned. "i want you to write down you're personal opinions on Poe's 'The Tell Tale Heart' and make sure to include how he might have come up with such a disturbing story, or how he might have been feeling before, during, or after he wrote it. Class is dismissed." he paused as someone asked. "How long does the paper have to be?" here the teacher stared at the student for a moment then. "as long as you get the theme across, i don't care how long it is. a paragraph or a full page, it doesn't matter." he promised before making shooing motions. "off you go." "but there's ten minutes left!" "so? you're mature enough to handle 'hanging out' for ten minutes aren't you? just don't start a fight in the hall and you'll be fine." well, that certainly garnered some brownie points didn't it?

The teenager smirked a bit at the way their new teacher carried himself and how blunt he was about their previous one. He had to agree completely though he also liked not having to do anything in class. He glanced around the room, the girls in the class clearly already fawning over him. They were all leaning forward on their desks, smiling and paying more attention than they had the entire time in Arterworth's class. He rolled his eyes at their superficial bullshit and yawned. He wondered then if the male would even bother learning their names as he didn't call role or anything, though the thought didn't linger for more than a few moments before being thrown in another completely opposite direction at the realization they wouldn't have to be carrying around their books anymore. Well, if things kept up like this he figured he could probably learn to like this new guy a lot. Jake liked the new source of material, though it was much darker and more perverse than they had ever been exposed to publicly, he wasn't even sure if they were allowed to teach something as dark as Poe. He already knew the story and had read it before, planning on zoning out while he read, though even he couldn't when he heard the tone in which he spoke. His voice filled the room and occupied every corner, embodying the story as if he were in the story himself. This was only emphasized with the knocking upon the podium.

His eyes remained fixed on the speaker, not even able to understand how he could sound like that, understanding even less why he was so captivated and entranced by the sound of it. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the form at the front of the classroom, almost still seemingly in a daze when he had finished telling the story. He was still so lost that he didn't even care when it was announced that they'd been assigned homework. Jake remained seated for a couple moments while everyone else got up and filed out of the class, obviously struck with the sudden free time that they didn't know what to do with themselves. He approached the desk that the new teacher had started organizing in his own way "Couldn't it be possible that Poe was trying to explain his own madness and depression through the story through the development of the narrator trying to prove his sanity by exposing the murder of the old man?" He asked, genuinely curious. He didn't really know how friendly the man would be after he was trying to show off in front of his friends at the beginning of class but he figured when he showed a genuine curiosity that it might soften him up and make him a bit nicer. Besides, he hadn't tried anything after just that once, and there was no way that he would be interrupting him while he was reading. Hell, he didn't think he'd probably ever interrupt him when he was speaking. What the fuck was wrong with him? Since when did he give a shit about teachers and listening to them speak? He mentally scolded himself and left a reminder to make sure that he kept his reputation up, at least while there were other people around.

Mr. Dan completely ignored the fawning of the girls, he was used to it. girls and guys both, he'd always been a very handsome man, and usually very popular too. one of those kids who could fit into any Clique and find common grounds. he had been a tutor since he'd first entered middle school, he'd always known he wanted to be a teacher. well now he was, and he was thriving in it, this was his element, this was his passion, and it shone through with every word. he didn't even seam to notice that everyone was completely enthralled with the way he was reading the story, and he smiled when the small discussion started up. teaching was wonderful. he was barely five years older than the youngest kid in the class, yet they where all watching him the way a student was supposed to watch a teacher. he had to chuckle at they're obvious shock at the sudden free time, and turned away to start sorting out his few bits of paperwork, muttering slightly to himself before he jumped at the sound of a voice and turned to blink at Jake.

"ah, but if Poe was mad, would he have had the cognitive capabilities to express his own madness in the form of short stories?" he asked with a smile. "it is much more likely that Poe was mad, and that it came out into his stories, much the way H.P. Lovecraft was supposed to have." he chuckled. "the thing about being mad, is that you usually don't realize that you are. to the 'mad' it is the others perception of the world that is messed up." he paused for a moment. "granted, if he had been aware of a lingering... offness about himself, he might very well have been trying to call for help in some of his works. then again, perhaps he did something foul himself, and his Tell Tale Heart was a confession? a desperate hope to ease the guilt plaguing his soul?" he offered, rather enjoying himself. it wasn't often that he got someone who was actually curious about the subject. "there are no records of such things however so we can only speculate." he admitted. "as a matter of fact, no one really knows how he even died." he smiled a little. "you can be exempt from the paper. it's clear you are very familiar with The Tell Tale Heart. you'd best go now, the bell is about to ring."

Jake thought about what the other said before opening his mouth to speak though he was cut off by the bell ringing. He shut his mouth and slung his bookbag over his shoulder, smiling at the man "thanks. Oh, and you're a lot better than Arterworth. You act like you actually like the subject, it's refreshing" he said, then darted out of the door before he absolutely mortified himself. He didn't even know why he had said it or where the thought had even come from. He usually didn't talk to teachers that way, or at all to be honest. It was definitely worth it though, he was already dreading writing the paper even though it would've only taken him five, maybe ten, minutes at the longest. He caught up with his friend who asked where he had gone, lying and saying he had been in the bathroom. The rest of his day was much less interesting, actually wishing he could go back to english where there was a teacher who actually cared and knew what the hell he was talking about. When he went home he pulled out his own copy of Poe's short stories and flipped through them, reading The Tell Tale Heart yet again and imagining Daneas reading through it and knocking against the podium.

The next day he sauntered in as the bell was ringing, per usual, and sat down next to his friend who clearly hadn't done his homework "let me take yours, you don't even care about your grade" he pleaded, knowing the friend was borderline failing already. "I didn't do it, sorry" he lied again, not planning on telling him that he already proved his knowledge and had been exempt from the assignment. He took the homework from behind him and passed it forward so that their new teacher could collect them. He began wondering how interesting this class would get with all these girls fawning over him. He knew that a few of them would try and get with them, it was what they did when someone new and interesting and clearly unavailable came around. For some reason he knew that Mr. Dan wouldn't go for them. It wasn't because of the established voodoo and threat of the law or job position but something told him that he wasn't even slightly interested in the women in the room who would gladly spread their legs for him. He actually cut his phone off for this class, not feeling like worrying about his girlfriend right now. He ran a hand through his hair and leaned back, wondering what they would be doing today and if it would be as interesting as the day before had been.

Daneas had to admit, he was really beginning to like this school.... well, no, that was a lie. he hated this school, the girls kept trying to flirt with him, the teachers where shooting him glares for 'showing off' and none of the males wanted to pay attention... but there was one student that he DID like. Jake, the boy clearly had an interest in English, or at least in Poe. it was refreshing to see someone honestly interested in a class. he smirked a little when Jake walked in, almost late and before anyone knew it, he had shut and locked the door. "i didn't mention this yesterday. but if you are not inside this classroom by the tune the bell rings, you will be locked out, and you will receive an F for the day." he stated smugly as he watched three twittering girls hit the door and try to get in. Daneas point blank ignored them. he took in the papers, and set them on the desk. "now then, in another unrelated matter to school... to the women who stuffed my car full of chocolates... 1: you will each pay me fifteen dollars to have the leather reupholstered." Daneas stated firmly, shocking most of the girls in the room. 2: Chocolate MELTS when left in a hot car all day, which is WHY you are paying to have my car reupholstered. 3: don't attempt to duck out of it, i DID Park my car near one of the Cameras and it caught ALL of you. and finally, 4: i'm Gay you insufferable Twits. stop trying to get into my pants." Daneas stated sternly, shocking almost EVERYONE in the room. the man certainly didn't pull any punches, and how was he not scared of getting fired for being so blunt!? not to mention openly admitting that he was Gay... the guy had balls, that was for sure. "oh, and on a side note.... i cannot eat chocolate. so placing them in my car in the first place, was still a waste of time."

with that said he smiled brightly. "Now then! back to Poe. Poe was born in a little town in Massachusetts, called Boston. he was orphaned at a very young age after his mother died and his father abandoned the family before Poe could even toddle. he was taken in by a young couple, that never actually adopted him. he attended a university for a semester, but had to drop out due to the lack of funds." Daneas explained calmly. "he tried his hand at Military work, but he failed at being a soldier, and went on to writing. he started out rather poorly unfortunately. he wrote a collection of short poems, that didn't even have his name on them, they where only credited to a 'Bostonian'. he abandoned Poetry and began working in journalism, where he became very well known for his criticism of other writers." here Daneas smirked. "now in 1835 he married his thirteen year old Cousin, he would have been around twenty six. now in this day and age that would have been considered pedophilia and incest, but back then it was common, and even expected. not long after marrying his cousin, Poe published his first short novel, The Raven, to an almost instant success... it was almost like the Twilight phenomenon, only there where no glittering vampires, and it wasn't Crap." that got a lot of heat from the females.

"he died at the age of forty, though no one knows why or how. there are over a hundred theories ranging from 'old age' to Rabies, to a murder from one of the people he criticized in his line of work." Daneas admitted, smirking a little. "i want you all to read The Raven tonight, as it is his first true novel. if you have already read it, read it again. if you know it by heart, you are exempt from the homework." he turned stern eyes on the classroom. "i will know if you have read the book." but he didn't say how. though Jake might catch a glimmer of almost sadistic amusement in Daneas's eyes, indicating that there might, possibly... probobly be a pop quiz once the students walked in the door. "Oh, Mister Abernathy, Miss Clemens, and Mister (whatever Jake's last name was.) Because you failed to turn in your Homework, you will receive a half a grade. congratulations, you have an F for the assignment and an F for the actual classwork." the girl winced and fled, deciding to warn her freinds to make SURE they did there homework. "Jake, please stay behind." Daneas ordered, watching Jake's freind leave. "don't worry you didn't get an F." Daneas promised. "but no one saw you turn in your homework and i didn't want people to think you'd gotten special treatment just because you're pretty or something ridiculous like that... i'm sure you understand how the rumor mills around here work." he Daneas admitted with a roll of his eyes. "honestly... is everyone in this school insane Jake?" he asked, looking honestly worried. "a girl, a freshman even, actually tried to put her hand down my pants! do they do this to ALL their teachers? or just the ones they think they might fail in class with!?"

Jake glanced behind him as the door was shut quickly and locked. At first he thought those girls were funny, when Dan called out even more from ruining his seats that just topped off his day and he had to physically cover his mouth to keep from laughing aloud. He eyed the girls, who were looking absolutely mortified by this point and whispering among each other without being too loud. His focus went back to the teacher as he began speaking again, as if nothing had even happened. It was then that he decided that this was now his favorite teacher. Nothing he didn't already know was being said, so although he knew it he still listened a bit, thinking something might come up he didn't know about or just because he wasn't monotone and obnoxious as all of his other teachers. A snicker left him at the Twilight comment, having to agree because he had read Twilight as well because it had been in at the time. Jake had managed to act like he didn't care at the announcement of a failing homework, even smirking a little at his friend.

He had gotten up and started packing his things when he heard his name again, a strange sense of wonder and interest grew in the pit of his stomach as he got up and approached the front of the room, his friend sending him an apologetic glance before moving our of the class room and going to Spanish. Jake watched him leave and pretended to look worried before dropping the look and focusing back on the young teacher before him. "Oh, yeah, that's cool. One bad grade wouldn't really hurt my grade in here too much to be completely honest." For some reason a blush spread across his cheeks when his superior stated the fact that he was "pretty," knowing that he shouldn't care in the slightest but it was there before he knew it. Jake smirked a bit at the man's obvious discomfort and though he meant nothing rude by it he scoffed "they only do it to the ones they think they might have a chance with. New teachers are usually the easiest and it doesn't help that you're, you know, not ugly like the rest of them here" he said, and that was as far as he'd come to admitting to thinking his English teacher was attractive.

You were a bit harsh with them, although I think they're too scared of you to go and talk to the principle or their parents. Their parents would probably sue if they knew you had shamed their daughters in public like that, they're the rich obnoxious type who think their money can get the whatever they want. It was then that he decided he was going to break up with his girlfriend, mainly because she was a prime example of such rich people. When he was released the girl was actually waiting outside for him, mad because he hadn't responded to her texts. "We're done. I'm tired of all your bullshit" he said, his words followed closely by a harsh slapping noise. He touched his face and looked back at her, pushing her hard and speaking in a dangerously low voice. Luckily for him Mr Dan was there to grab a hold of him and pull him into his room so that Jake wouldn't hurt her and get himself thrown in jail for hurting a girl. He paved around in the room for a while, just trying to calm down a little, glad he had gone ahead and ending their bullshit of a relationship. "I'm sorry, I usually a lot more well behaved that this" he told his teacher, glad it had been him and not his math teacher or even his principle.

Daneas snorted a little. "a F won't hurt your grade... i can assure you, it would." he pointed out before he paused and blinked, lifting a single eyebrow. "not ugly? i'll have you know, i have been called 'prime man material' by many a rather attractive specimen!" he complained with a small pout, well aware that Jake was going to laugh at him. "in any case, they will learn that i am 'not available' soon enough... well, no, more like 'no way in hell am i ever sleeping with you' but same difference. i doubt i could even 'get it up' as the saying goes." Daneas admitted with a small smirk. "harsh was i? you will notice that i never once indicated WHO had left chocolates in my car and ruined the seats. if it had been the principle, he would have suspended the lot of them, publicly and by name, and you know it." Daneas stated with a small chuckle. "the girls gave themselves away, nothing more. and i will not be held responsible if their spoiled parents try to take beef with me." he admitted simply. "besides, fifteen dollars is not that hard to come up with. they broke something, they are expected to fix it." Daneas admitted with a superior sniff before he grinned a little, mocking the 'upper crust'.

he was startled by the sounds of a fight, and opened the door just in time to see Jake push a girl. one of the rich snobs who had left chocolates in his car for that matter. "it's understandable. let me see your face." he ordered, examining the red hand print with a small grimace. "looks like this is going to bruise, make sure you put ice on it." he warned. "it will keep the bruising down quite a bit." he admitted, indicating for Jake to take a seat. "i'm not the Guidance counselor, so i know i shouldn't be talking to you like this, but the Guidance Counselor you DO have is an obnoxious Snob who wouldn't know a chicken from a student." Daneas growled, clearly hating the school staffing quite a bit. "now then, i'm quite certain you didn't know she was one of the girls leaving chocolates in my car, so why the sudden breakup?" Daneas asked curiously. "if you can figure out why, then you might not be so angry about it." he admitted, leaning back in his chair. "if you can understand your own actions, then you won't be so upset about what you did." he admitted simply. "in any case, we BOTH know that you are not 'well behaved'. i've heard the horror stories from the other teachers." he teased, looking amused.

"Have you seen my grade? One homework assignment wouldn't hurt my grade all that much," he replied, his cocky attitude coming out then very obviously. He blushed a bit at being called out like that and hearing him but spike up again "I wasn't saying that you weren't attractive, it just wouldn't be very appropriate for me to say something like that since you're my teacher and everything." He actually had noticed the fact that he hadn't called the girls out by name when he was saying that they needed to pay to fix his car, but he wasn't going to say that just then. After they had done that to his car and given him so many things that could have actually made him sick, Jake was surprised at Dan's composure and self restraint. It was rather impressive really.

Jake say down with a huff and pouted a bit while remaining still so that his teacher could inspect his face without him hindering him. I broke up with her because she's crazy and she's cheated on me before and for some reason lately I've just felt like there was no reason for me to keep putting up with all of her bullshit. Even as he was speaking his phone buzzed in his pocket, glancing down at it. "That's her. She's apologizing and she wants for us to get back together. This is how she is and I don't want to deal with it. I wasn't angry until she decided to slap me I front of my teacher and the entire freaking school. He smirked a bit and shrugged. "I'm well behaved when I want to be and when theta someone I respect enough to behave. The ones you've heard it from are probably the worst ones and the ones who absolutely hate my guts." Sometimes he would even try to be extra obnoxious if he didn't like the teacher so they would leave him alone for the most part. "Oh, do I have to do the homework assignment? I've already read it numerous times and could quote half of it if you started off," he said, more just not wanting to do the homework than trying to be an ass and super obnoxious.

he chuckled a little. "yes, you have very nice grades." he stated with a small chuckle. "and since when are teenage boys concerned with being appropriate?" he asked curiously. "well at least one teenager in this school is. i fear i shall be scarred for life with what some of those girls have tried to do to me... honestly." Daneas stated with a roll of his eyes before he studied Jake. "so why where you going out with her so long then?" he asked curiously. "it seams to me that you should have broken up with her the first time she cheated on you." he admitted simply. "or are you trying to be who you think people want you to be? being popular can be quite the curse can't it?" he asked with a small smile. as cool as Daneas was, he probobly understood that more than anyone. "you need to start doing things for yourself Jake. doing things just to make other people happy? that's when your life starts going down the wrong path. right now it's just dating a woman you don't really want to date, but later? what then? drinking even though you don't want to? going to parties you hate. soon you start to hate yourself, and once you hate yourself you start to hate everyone around you." Daneas clearly knew what he was talking about, so more than likely, he himself had done exactly the same thing.

"in any case, shouldn't you be well behaved for everyone?" he asked with a smile. "well, perhaps not Mrs. Reiholt." the math teacher, horrible old woman. "she seams to have hated you before you where even in her class... what's with that, if i might ask?" he asked curiously. "did you set her on fire as a child or did she have a love affair with your father that ended badly? because that's the only thing i can come up with to excuse her utter hatred of you and your name." Daneas admitted. "...unless it's more small town madness...." he mused. "it's probobly small town madness..." he smiled at the other. "you'll recall what i said at the end of class, you don't have to read it, if you already have. you probobly have it memorized right? aren't you lucky that we started class on the author you seam to love." Daneas teased with a smirk. "i only hope your so eager when we start 'Of Mice and Men' and Shakespeare too of course. granted, i won't make you read those books, they are a bit too long and too hard to understand for America's youth." he admitted with a small chuckle. "i have modernized books that i'll have you read." he admitted simply. "your previous teacher didn't seam to be at all interested in teaching you anything..." he paused and glanced at his watch. "the bell is about to ring, you should get going... but i'm here anytime you need to talk."

"I'm only concerned when it comes to my social life and keeping the teachers I like on my good side." Jake looked up at his teacher, the man he had already grown to like and admire. He didn't know if it was because he thought he could see himself wanting to be like him when he grew up or if it was plainly his 'I don't give a fuck what you say, I'm going to do what I want' attitude about things. He sighed when asked about his relationship "I've known her since we were toddlers and we had always gotten along so it seemed like a logical next step for us. Our families are actually pretty close so they probably won't be too happy about the breakup but it's getting to be a weekly occurrence anyways. I didn't break up with her after she cheated because she seemed so genuine about it when she said she was sorry and that she still loved me. She said she did it because she wanted to try sex and i told her that I wasn't going to have sex with her until we were older. I only found out because I walked in on them when I went over to my best friend's house to get my jacket that I had left there."

He wasn't a fan of reliving all of this but he felt like he was in a good place here with Daneas and that he was safe talking to this man whom he didn't even know. "I've always done what I'm 'supposed' to do. If would be a strange concept to do exactly as I wanted instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing." He admitted all of this to him without much of a second thought and just looked down at his hands. This was the reason he usually for back with the girl, because he was always sad and lonely about not having anyone to talk with and tell all his problems to, though somehow he felt like talking to Mr. Dan was alright and made him feel better. He was glad the other want going to judge him or anything I'd he didn't do the assignment,he really knew the entire work really well so it wasn't really beneficial for him to read it anyway. "I like Shakespeare just fine. I love Hamlet and Othello. I like his plays much better than his short stories, though. Of Mice and Men isn't anything special in my mind, I just don't like the characters or the plot that well. Lord of the Flies is much more interesting and easier to read." He knew his teacher probably didn't really care about his opinion in the slightest but he was going to give it anyway, just in case he might be able to talk him into something he really liked. He couldn't really complain though. Most of what they would be doing he liked so one book wouldn't really bother him. "Thank you. Um, do you mind if I have your email or your phone number so in case I have questions I can get in touch with you?"

Daneas smiled and nodded. "yes, i can see that being the next logical step... but since when does logic have anything to do with a persons emotions? love, happiness, hate, fear... all things are beyond logic." Daneas admitted simply. "as John Lennon once said 'One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside' If you are unhappy, it will show in everything that you do." Daneas admitted with a small smile. "that's a pretty awful way to find out you're girlfriend had sex without you." he pointed out. "you can't do anything you want of course, some things should be left alone. like drinking, or drugs... but if you can find even one thing that you love, reading, writing, tennis or painting. an instrument, or putting together puzzles... as long as you can find something that you honestly enjoy doing, even if you keep it a secrete, your life will improve, because you can do something that makes you feel better, feel good, or relieve the stress that you face in the day." he smirked. "and trust me, no matter what anyone says, a teenagers life is very stressful." he admitted. "especially if all you do is try to make everyone else happy. i speak from experience when i tell you, it simply isn't possible." he admitted simply. "Do something for yourself, just this once, and you'll see." he admitted with a smile. "others might be unhappy, but if it makes you happy, why should you care about others?"

"you really are a very interesting boy Jake. i've never seen anyone who was actually interested in proper literature." he admitted with a small smile. "we'll be doing some of the old Greek tragedies as well." he admitted, studying Jake. "of course, we still have to read 'the Grapes of Wrath' i have to, it's in the teachers law." he admitted with a small chuckle. "we will be doing Lord of the Flies as well of course, and we might go over Otello, H.G. Wells. some Charles Dickens... a little bit of everything. we might even be going over Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and... since the women love it so much... Twilight... i'll hate it, but i'll do it." he grumped a little. "honestly, writers these days... no effort at all sometimes." he admitted with a sigh. "we'll of course, be doing Dean Koontz, Stephan King, and other various writers." he admitted with a smile before he grabbed a piece of paper and wrote out several things. two numbers, a cell phone and a house phone. an email address, and a house address. "There you go." Mr. Dan stated with a smile. "now go on, before your late." he ordered, shooing the other out the door just as the bell rang.

Jake realized the that he was actually really lucky to get a teacher as cool as Daneas that would talk to him like this and that seemed to respect him as a human being. He did listen to what was being said because it felt like to him that the teacher had gone through things like this before and if he could make fewer mistakes than necessary he would do it. He was very excited about the list of books that they would be reading over the course besides the clear hatred his teacher had towards Twilight. "The Twilight series isn't terrible, it's just written different than what everyone else seems to think vampires and werewolves should be, although they're both fictional so there really shouldn't be any sorry of argument. I don't really care either way though. I've read them. They, admittedly, weren't my favorite but they could have been much worse." He took the paper in his hand and shoved it into his pocket, knowing it would already be crumpled all to hell. "Thank you for everything Mr. Dan. It's been really cool having a teacher who cares." He left then add the bell rang, trying not to jog through the halls to make it to his next class. The dreaded math.

Daneas would probably have a rather uneventful day of obnoxious teenagers who thought they knew everything about everything. Jake's day turned out to be extra boring besides falling asleep in his foods class. When he got home he could tell something was up. His mother looked a little worried and didn't speak much when he greeted her. His father still hadn't gotten home from his work yet so he say on the couch and did some homework and read a little from Poe. They all gathered around the table for dinner and ate, Jake not saying much because he could tell his father was angry and his mother wasn't saying anything either. When there were finally words exchanged they were loud and heated, escalating quickly until he felt the harsh impact of a first against his face. He hadn't ever been hit in the face like that before so he hadn't known a pain like that before. He also hadn't known a fear like the one he was feeling now. A few more punches were thrown from both sides, though fewer of his landed than those from his father. Not too long after he ran from his house, pulling the slip of papery from his pocket and trying to read the address on it. While he was walking there he had pulled out his phone to call ahead but he was stopped by a large male who needed something.

He tried to avoid contact with him but he was grabbed and thrown around, eventually only escaping with the clothes on his back and the slip of papery he clutched like a lifeline. He knocked on the door around one thirty in the morning, the bottoms of his jeans coveted in mud while he was dirty and sweaty from walling across town with a sprained ankle he had acquired during the earlier tussle. The bruise spreading across his cheek and around his eye was already clearly visible and noticeable. "Hi, I'm really sorry to do this. I honestly didn't have anywhere else to go and I didn't know what else to do." He actually looked rather profile and defeated, hoping Dan would take pity on him and let him in at least for now what it was warm.

Mr. Dan offered the other a small look of betrayal. "Twilight looks as if it was written by a kindergartner." he pointed out. "the wording is simple, and the plot is half assed at best. it's one cliche after another and the characters are weak." he pointed out. "not, a good book. i can forgive the glittering vampires, at least that was an original thought, but most of the rest? not so much." he admitted simply before grimacing. "you are right though... they could have been worse... then again, if they'd been worse, i doubt they'd be so popular right now." he admitted with a small sigh. he shooed Jake off without another word and had to chuckle to himself. if he was being honest with himself, he rather liked Jake, in a way that... he really shouldn't. oh well, it wasn't like he hadn't offered other students the same thing, he wasn't giving Jake any special treatment, not in the least... ok now he was just lying to himself. he settled home and had himself a nice glass of wine and opened one of his favorite books and listened to soft music as he read... until someone banged on the door anyway.

Daneas lived in a very cute, two story house with four bedrooms, two and a half baths, and a cute little garage that housed a cute little convertible. the flowers in the garden where done with a rather wild touch, and there was a bird bath filled with water where a single bird was taking a bath. it was a cute little white house with powder blue trimming that almost immidiatly made a person feel at home and welcome. the door opened quickly and Daneas gasped in shock as he stared at the boy in front of him. "Oh my God! Jake what HAPPENED?!" Daneas demanded before Jake even got the final words out. "never mind that! get in here! it's freezing out!" Daneas ordered, ushering Jake inside and pressing him down into a chair, right in front of the cozy fireplace which had a warm fire happily burning inside of it. Daneas was in the kitchen, banging around as he gathered a bag of frozen peas and some pain killers. "here. this will keep the swelling down." Daneas stated, gently settling the wrapped peas against the boy's face. "someone really tried to lay you out... here, some pain killers." he pressed a glass of cool water and some aspirin into the others hands while he carefully examined the split lip.

"who did this, and why? do you want me to call the police?" Daneas asked, looking honestly worried about the other. "think about it for a moment while i go get the guest room aired out. i imagine you don't want to go home in this state... i think i have some clothes that will fit you too..." he admitted as he trotted off. scattered and worried. he cleared out the little bit of clutter in the least messy Guest room, and aired out the slightly musty smell from not being used in so long. it was easy to find some clothes for the other, they where close to the same size... though Daneas was a little bit slimmer, he did like slightly baggier clothes, so they should only be a little tight on Jake. once he had a set of clean clothes he went into the bathroom and drew a bath before heading downstairs. "you're probobly chilled to the bone, so i got a Bath ready for you. go and soak in the hot water for a while." Daneas ordered gently, urging Jake to his feet and herding him into the bathroom before leaving him to it. once Jake was done with the bath, the peas thawed, and in clean clothes, Daneas had a cup of perfectly warm, and extra chocolaty hot chocolate waiting for him. "so, now that your not feeling so miserable anymore, do you want to talk about it?"

Jake winced a little at the tone the other used when the door was opened, being shuffled in and looking embarrassed. He was chastising himself by this point, knowing he shouldn't have come here in the first place. This would be too awkward and the man didn't get paid to listen to his problems or make sure he was clean and housed. Thankfully he wasn't being grilled about what had happened because at the moment he really didn't want to talk about it. He took the bag of frozen vegetables and held it against his face while taking the medicine given to him, the thought that he could've been drugged not even crossing his mind at that point. He couldn't have cared less at that time, either. He figured that if things were going to happen then they might as well all happen in the same day. "No! Please don't call the police!" The boy pleaded, looking scared then. He couldn't imagine having to deal with the police and having to tell them what happened. His father would probably kill him if he did anything like that.

Jake glanced upwards as the sound of running water came from upstairs, wondering if his teacher had a family of sorts and if he was putting a young child into the bath or something. He felt terrible for barging into his house and expecting for him to care, getting up and planning on leaving when the other came back down. "What?" He asked, looking perplexed at the idea of taking a bath in his teachers home. "Oh, okay. Thank you. Shit, I'm really sorry about getting mud all over your floors. I'll clean it up" He promised and looked worried about it as he was ushered upstairs. The bath was warm and inviting, and he was more than happy to strip down to nothing and settle in the tub and ley the hot water soak his body and clean the filth and blood off of his body.

Once he had died off and put on a set of Daneas' clothes he went downstairs to talk to the man who had kindly let him into his home. He was suddenly glad that it was Friday and that there wouldn't be school the next day so he wouldn't have to worry about people seeing him in clothes that were clearly not his or dirty ones. He had a sweatshirt on as well as a pair of tighter shorts that exposed a good amount of leg though he didn't feel too exposed in the presence of his openly gay teacher. "I. Uh.. got in a fight with my dad about my girlfriend because her dad had called him and so I was just walking around and I got mugged by this big guy who took my phone and wallet and shoes and I think he might have bruised my ribs while I was trying to get away from him." Jake said it all in a quiet voice, thinking he had managed to make it seem like the man who had mugged him had been the only one to actually hit him and that his father hadn't done the worst of the wounds. "Thank you for letting me in. I know I shouldn't have come buti couldn't think of anyone else to go to." He say down on the chair with the cup of cocoa but he was still shivering, nothing seeming to be able to warm him up.

Daneas didn't seam to care in the least that his home was being invaded. not in the least. he blinked, looking a little startled at the way Jake had yelled, but that just made it all the worse. Daneas had to wonder, had Jake been beaten by his father before? god he hoped not, Daneas would hate to have to drive over to Jake's house and beat the shit out of Jake's Father... after all, if reading was his only hobby, he wouldn't be so lean. "don't worry about the mud." Daneas ordered, looking rather amused. "just go get cleaned up." he ordered as he grabbed his mop to clean up the muddy water that Jake had tracked in. he too was glad that it was Friday, he didn't have to worry about trying to get Jake to not go back home. granted, he wasn't entirely sure how old Jake was. if he was eighteen, he could just go over to the house, grab all of Jake's personal effects, and move him into the house, at least then he'd be safe right? he certainly wouldn't be getting smacked around... granted, if that happened he'd have to deal with Jake's father, and he was pretty sure they wouldn't walk out of that situation without blood being shed.

"You got into a 'fight' with your father, because you broke up with your girlfriend?" Daneas asked, sounding so furious it was a wonder he wasn't leaking some sort of energy like angry people did on the TV. "...i did give you pants didn't i?" he asked, looking startled as he realized that the other wasn't wearing them. "crap, no i didn't, sorry." Daneas muttered, looking rather disgusted with himself at his lack of ability to hold together his mind. "i'll report the mugging tomorrow. i have a freind in the police department who should be able to at least get your wallet back... even if it's empty of all valuables." Daneas admitted as he headed up the stairs, grabbed a pair of warm sweatpants and came back down. "here, put them on before you catch another chill. i'll be surprised if you don't catch sick as it is..." Daneas muttered, fussing over the younger male he had come to adore, even after only a few days. "let me see your ribs." he ordered once Jake had pulled on the pants and he ran very careful fingers along the bruises. "i don't think they're broken. are you having any problems breathing or moving?" he asked, looking up at him.

"nonsense, of course i let you in, i gave you my home address for a reason you know." he pointed out with a small grimace. "i'd rather you be here then freezing out on the street somewhere. no doubt you'd have been dead by morning if you hadn't managed to make it here." he admitted, his eyes flashing with rage again as he moved over to the fireplace, where a blanket was hanging, and carefully wrapped it around the other boys shoulders. "your in a bit of shock no doubt, we'll have to try and keep you as warm as possible. don't fall asleep just yet, if you have a concussion, sleeping can be dangerous." Daneas admitted. "i would take you tot he hospital... but i think you'd fight me on that, even if i promised to blame all of your injuries on the mugger." clearly, Daneas knew better, he wasn't stupid, the way he had reacted to calling the police... no, Daneas wasn't stupid.

There was a clear relief in the boys face when it was certain he wasn't going to be yelled at for the mud that had been tracked astounds his beautiful home all of a sudden. He let out a deep sigh and nodded solemnly "her father and mine are really close and I think they were sort of planning on us getting married. I think he likes her more than he likes me. He's always in a better mood when she's around than if it's just me and him." Jake muttered the last little bit fairly quietly, like a kid who knew he wasn't his parents favorite. It was a sad, lonesome and story of heartbreaking sound. Confusion was written on Jake's face at the angry tone that his teacher had used. He didn't understand why he would be so mad and if he had known what was going through his mind he probably would have told him that he was overacting and that it wasn't as bad as he was thinking that it was.

"What? No. You didn't, it doesn't matter," he had stated, but wanting to be annoying or obnoxious so he wasn't going to say anything. Nothing much could be done about it now though, a pair of thick sweatpants had already been given to him and he could almost already feel the warmth radiating off of them as he slipped them up around his calves. As the band settled on his hips he was day back down and pulled his shirt up, wincing slightly at the cold fingers lightly brushing against his heated skin. A tingling sensation ran down his spine and he was sure it was just grin the cold, his mind not even considering another possibility for his body's natural reaction. "They're pretty sore but besides that they only hurt when you touch them" He said,not meaning to tell him to keep his hands off of him. Rather, he liked the cool feeling against the skin that was constantly changing colors. Initially it was an angry red and had now calmed down into a dark purple.

Jake unconsciously made a pleased noise when the blanket wrapped around him, pulling the edges tighter and enjoying the warmth coming from all these different sources. He was right, they should be looking out fora concussion, though right now all he wanted to do was sleep. He was exhausted and now he was comfortably warm, which didn't help him in the slightest. "I don't care about my wallet. It was pretty cheap and I didn't have anything in there anyway" He said, he just wanted to get his phone back. Shit. So he had picked up on that. Apparently he was even more aware than he seemed, something that was a little intimidating. When Jake shivered again he frowned, can I sir next to you? I'm still freezing and maybe some shared body heat might help, if you don't think that would be too much" Jake said, more than asked, Daneas. Jake wanted to sit next to his teacher with those string asks around him keeping him warm while he dozed off and Red centrally slept. Even these thoughts scared him a little bit, never having wanted to get close to somebody before. He had always preferred his distance, Ament that had always made his, now ex, girlfriend unhappy.

Daneas shook his head and muttered something under his breath about 'mother sodding old men' before he smiled at Jake. "well it's certainly not the dark ages anymore. even if he tried to force you to marry the vapid spoiled little bint it would never go through." Daneas admitted simply. clearly the man did NOT care in the LEAST for Jessica. even more than was warranted, had something happened? knowing Jessica, probobly. as much as he hated to admit it, Daneas knew how poor Jake was feeling. Daneas had been a Twin after all, and both his bother and father had loved his brother... they had all but ignored Daneas. when Daneas had tried to prove himself, they had mocked and tormented him, and when he had admitted to being gay, they had disowned him. their perfect little three part family was still living... well it didn't matter because Daneas still hated them and wasn't about to go looking for them.... Daneas had never been struck though, not once by his mother, father, or twin brother. "it does matter, i don't want you catching sick even more than you already are." he stated sternly as he came back with the pants.

"sorry, but i have to make sure that their not going to cause problems..." he admitted with a shake of his head. "they look alright, but i'm not much of a doctor... if your worse in the morning, we ARE taking you to the hospital." he warned sternly. "i'll tell them that you where mugged and threatened." he promised. "i will make no mention of your.... Father at all." well if that wasn't sarcasm nothing was. "i'll get you some more frozen peas. these should be iced as well. that man had a death grip on you didn't he?" he asked, scowling. "he must really have wanted your shoes..." he sounded almost amused as he shook his head and went to grab the blanket. they'd have to ide in the morning, Jake was too cold right then. the last thing Daneas needed was for the poor boy to go into hypothermia or something equally horrible. "let me see you're eyes..." Daneas ordered as he peered into Jake's... admittedly gorgeous eyes. "... the pupils seam to be alright." he mused, his head tilted a little. "i don't really know how to check for a concussion..." he admitted. "but i think if i wake you up every hour, you should be alright..." he muttered.

he blinked, looking surprised at the not so much a question. "i won't be much help." he warned. "i'm too skinny to be very warm." he warmed as he nudged the blankets open and settled inside them, next to Jake. "i'm not sure if your cold because of a concussion, shock, or sickness but if you don't start warming up soon i'm putting you into bed. i have a few electric blankets and a space heater that should help you warm up considerably." he promised, wrapping an arm around the other, simply holding him... and he was wrong too, Daneas was simply radiating warmth. he was better than a space heater! and he stayed there until Jake fell asleep. he was woken every hour, until morning crept in. Daneas hoped it was safe, and joined Jake in sleep. he was still asleep when Jake woke up, sitting on the couch, his lap as Jake's pillow, looking so... well he certainly wasn't an ugly sleeper. he wasn't snoring, he wasn't drooling, he was laying there, face as smooth and breathing softly. one of his hands was settled into Jake's hair and the other was laying on Jake's side, as if he wanted to be sure that Jake didn't move, fall off the couch, or leave... unfortunately there was a highly annoying beeping sound, an alarm... from the Coffee Pot. there was already a very nice scent coming into the room of fresh brewed coffee.

It seemed like Daneas was going to be a huge pain in his ass when it came to forgetting about the things that had already happened that had led him here in the first place. Maybe he'd be easier to work over in the morning when he was still tired. He had to agree to the others conditions about him going to the hospital if he was worse when he woke up. It wouldn't do well for him to approach death just because he was stubborn. Jake blinked when the other was inspecting his eyes, giving him time to look into the others as well. You could tell a lot from looking into someone's eyes, with him he was fairly open, with fear and worry being a strong component in both. His pupils were dilating normally so that was a good sign, whether Daneas knew it or not. Jake's fingers clutched the others wrist lightly as the fingers were moved closer to his face to keep his head still. It was strange, being this close to someone without being intimate or awkward. It was especially strange because he didn't even know the man and he just felt completely relaxed around him.

At the moment he didn't care if he thought he wouldn't be too warm, he knew about the power body heat and he was planning on taking advantage of it. He was immediately comforted by the warmth that seemed to melt the ice in his joints, still shivering but much less by now. His body melded perfectly with the elder male, leaning his head against his shoulder and falling asleep with ease. Each time he was woken he would blink the confusion from his eyes, look around add if forgetting why he wasn't in his own bed and then snuggle cost to his teacher as if he moved away and list the heat then he would freeze and die. When he finally awoke on his own he was horizontal, stretching as he noticed that his hand was in his teachers knee and two hands were holding him in place on the couch. It was strange to him but even in the light of day he wasn't ashamed to be there or felt add if he needed to go and disengage from the other. Hell, he couldn't even tear his gaze from the sleeping male until the smell of coffee filled his nose and an annoying beeping filled the peaceful morning air.

Jake woke the other by touching his arm gently and lightly shaking, but daring to move right then. "I think your coffee pot is calling for you" He told him, although he didn't really want him to go. He was getting much too comfortable just laying there with him. His ribs were still sore and purple but at least he could say that he wasn't absolutely freezing like he had been before. He even liked the warmth that was being provided. It was a welcome change to what he usually got. "I guess I'll just grab my stuff and be on my way" He offered, though he was kind of hoping that he would be asked to stay, I'd boring else than to give him a ride from his lack of shoes. He honestly didn't even want to leave his spot, and he hadn't moved since he woke up or even when he woke Daneas up and offered to leave. He was just too comfortable and if wasn't worth leaving. Jake shifted slightly only to turn more towards the man currently acting as his pillow as he absentmindedly searched for his phone before the soreness made him remember the previous night in its full extent. He stretched and popped the kinks out of his back, letting his arms fall back so he was almost fully sprawled out on the man. His look of content faded into slight discomfort and worry, thinking about when he was going to have to go home and gave his father again. Surely he wasn't going to be forced out anytime soon, at least he really hoped he wouldn't be. "Am I going to have to go back home today?" He finally asked softly, the worry and just plain old fear clear in his voice.

Daneas's eyes where just as open as Jake's where. those pretty orbs filled with worry, compassion, and understanding. in the morning he was looking perfectly happy in his sitting upright sleeping position and he groaned as he was awoken, groaning again as he realized WHY he was awake, and with a practiced ease he snatched up a small box made out of some sort of cloth material, and flung it violently at the Coffee Pot, which he had a perfectly open line to. the box hit the Coffee pot, setting the whole thing to quivering from the force of the impact, and the awful beeping stopped. clearly Daneas fell asleep on his couch more than he'd like to admit. Daneas groaned again as Jake shifted and Daneas moved before either of them realized what he was doing. he wrapped his arms around Jake and pulled him almost into Daneas's lap. "mmm don't go." he mumbled sleepily. "'ll make you bre'fast..." he slurred before he closed his eyes and sighed. "i don't wanna get up." he groaned. "i hate getting up... stupid coffee pot..." he grumbled as he forced his eyes open and blinked stupidly at his living room. clearly the teacher wasn't much of a morning person. he looked down at Jake and blinked again before he smiled a little and ran his fingers through the others hair. "...you have bed head." he teased with a slight snicker. of course, his own hair wasn't much better.

he grunted as he did his own stretches, his back and hips popping loudly, making Daneas cringe and groan as he worked out his stiff muscles. "ugh... i have really got to stop falling asleep on this lumpy damn thing." he grumbled as he carefully, slowly stood up, taking care not to jar Jake too much. he froze at the question and turned furious eyes on Jake, but it wasn't Jake that he was angry with. "you don't have to go back to that house, ever." he stated firmly. "you are seventeen right? you don't have the right to live on your own yet, but you do have the right to choose who you live with. it would be fairly easy for me to gain temporary guardianship over you, with or without your parents permission. in fact, all i have to do is get the paperwork from the local courthouse, we both sign it and bam. your mine until you turn eighteen." Daneas admitted simply. "and before you ask, yes i would be willing to do that. i know all too well how much it hurts to live in a house where your not liked and not wanted..." he admitted as he started rifling through his fridge. "what would you like for breakfast? Eggs and toast? Waffles? pancakes? French toast? i think i have some potatoes, i could make hash browns... shut UP Coffee!" he ordered at the suddenly beeping again coffee machine, pushing several buttons with a surprising amount of malevolence and glaring at the machine when it fell silent again. "...it went off at three in the morning last time... i have no idea how to work this damn thing..." he complained, sulking at Jake. "i don't suppose you know how to set the damn thing up?"

Jake winced a little bit as he watched the box fly across the room with a skilled precision you couldn't attain without having done the same action many times before. He giggled a bit as he was pulled even closer and the other mumbled a protest at his suggestion of leaving, smiling as the other ran his fingers through his hair, blood reaching the surface of his cheeks as he looked downwards in embarrassment. His hand remained on his teacher's forearm while they were so close, gazing at him with a sense of wonder almost. He had never been one for close physical moments but it wasn't strange here at all, in fact, he could almost day that he enjoyed it. A small sigh of unhappiness left him as the other got up and he was left on the couch, freezing now that his source of warmth was gone. He pulled the blanket around him tightly as he got up and followed the man into his kitchen, looking around at the appliances though his attention was jerked roughly back to the singing coffee pot and Daneas yelling back at it. He placed a hand on his arm to calm him and looked at it, rolling his eyes a little but at him. "What time do you want it to go off?" He asked softly, looking up at him with a small smile. He set it with the push of a few buttons and then turned back to him "there. Easy peasy."

He felt really awkward having someone offer to cook for him. Usually he was the one having to cook and make breakfast for his family so it wasn't often someone was willing to do something for him without asking for anything in return. "I would love some waffles. I can't remember the last time I had a real waffle." Jake looked nervous and excited and Dan would able to see then just gotta much the child had been deprived of and why he acted out in school the way that he did. When you lived your life being told that you were shit and completely worthless you start to believe it. The thought of living with his teacher was a little daunting but he knew he would be treated better than he was now, and he wouldn't have to worry about his parents remembering that he needed to eat or that he needed gas in his car so that they didn't have to drive him to school and take valuable time out of their days. He went back into the living room and sat down in the couch, turning and watching Daneas start moving around through the kitchen. He settled into the couch and got comfortable and warm, the blanket finally doing is job, and ended up falling asleep while he was cooking, feeling at peace with where he was. He only woke when Dan prodded so that he could eat, looking a little confused as to where he was at. "Thank you so much. It smells delicious" he said, and add if on cue his stomach growled it's agreement.

Daneas was clearly not awake when he ran his fingers through Jake's hair, but he didn't seam to care either way. it was almost like the teacher was just as touch starved as Jake was. that couldn't be possible though, right? "how are you feeling this morning by the way? any head pains? do your ribs still hurt?" Daneas asked suddenly, looking worried about his newest charge, head cocked to the side. Daneas had a lot of appliances, funnily enough. he had two blenders, an electric grill and griddle along with the common stove and microwave. there was a bread making machine, and a machine that dried things out, making jerky, or apple chips. he had all kinds of weird things. he was watching the other play with the Coffee Pot and grinned as it was 'fixed'. "hopefully it remains undamaged from all the times i threw something at it." Daneas mused as he bent down and picked up the ball made out of cloth and stuffing. not too heavy, but certainly heavy enough to break something if thrown hard enough. "thank you for fixing it. damn thing. i read the instructions, but they didn't make a single bit of sense!" Daneas complained, shooting his coffee pot a sour look.

"Waffles it is!" Daneas chirped, starting to pull things out of cupboards and drawers. flower, milk, vanilla, eggs, starch, whisks bowls, a waffle iron... he was going to make them from scratch apparently. he examined an index card that had a recipe on it, and let Jake relax some more. after another half an hour, breakfast was done. Jake had a plate of four, fluffy, golden brown waffles on a plate and there was bacon and sausage as well. Daneas had the same, and he flopped down on the couch, handed Jake the Syrup, and liberally dusted his own with massive amounts of butter before soaking them in syrup. "it's been a while since i've had someone to cook for." Daneas admitted happily. "i forgot how fun it is, usually i just blend together some fruit and yogurt, or grill something." he admitted as he stuffed a chunk of Waffle into his mouth, grinning a little. "make sure you eat enough, growing boys are always hungry in my experience, and you seam a little thin." Daneas admitted, looking a little worried as he looked the other over. "are you sure you don't want to go to the police with this?... by the way, the police found your phone. GPS tracking. the mugger is in jail." he admitted simply. "we can go down later to have you identify the guy and collect your phone and wallet.... i'm not sure if your going to want your shoes back though... the guy was wearing them, and who knows how many foot diseases he might have, i'll buy you a new pair." he promised.

"Um, I feel a lot better than I did last night. I've warmed up at least" He said, smiling a little at the thought of cuddling with his teacher to warm himself up. "My head isn't bad, my ribs still hurt though. I don't think they're broken though cause I slept on them and it didn't really hurt. I guess they're just sore." He looked at the machine when Daneas said something and shrugged "it looks fine. I don't think you did anything to it that'll mess it up permanently." He laughed a little bit and glanced at the machine "you don't read the instructions. They're always useless and half the time they're in Chinese. I didn't think you were going to have to do all of this. I would've been completely happy with a box of frozen eggos or something." Jake said, feeling terrible about requesting something that was going to take forever to do.

Oh, there was not going to be an argument coming from Jake about eating enough. He very happily crammed several waffles into his mouth, feeling as if he hadn't had actual foods in weeks "this is the best thing I have ever had. Holy mother of God" He muttered through a bite of waffle. He had already moved closer to Daneas on the couch and spread the blanket over his lap as well so they were sharing it. Jake also had crossed his legs so his knee was resting slightly in the thigh of the other while they were sitting, feeling completely comfortable here. The boy wiggled his toes at the mention of his stolen shoes, almost having forgotten about them until it was brought up "Oh, I can just go home and get some. Maybe. I'll probably need to go when they're both at work" He mused aloud, hoping to get his things without running into either of his parents. The night before he couldn't have even thought about leaving them but now he was questioning everything.

"Oh. I'll take my phone back. I don't really care about my wallet. It was my dad's anyways. I don't really want to talk to them but if I'm gone and don't say anything to them then I can't get my stuff and they'll probably put out an amber alert or something and I don't want to get you in trouble with anyone. I mean can you even do that I'd you're my teacher? What would they think? I don't want you to get fired just because you're a good person." He sounded worried, because he was, but he was also apprehensive about what would happen if they showed up at school at the same time. He knew what it would look like. It would look like he was messing around with the teacher and because he wasn't of age and he was his teacher he'd get in trouble with the law regarding having sexual relations with a minor and just being inappropriate in the workplace. There was to much they would need to deal with for it to work out well for them. What was worse was that he wasn't angry that they thought there might be something going on between them but that there was something wrong with it. Why should it matter if he was his teacher or he wasn't 18 yet. If they wanted to they should be able to do whatever they wanted if they were both consenting.

Daneas smiled a little and nodded. "good. if your ribs are still hurting bad after a few days, we'll take you to the school nurse." he decided. "i she'll be able to tell you if anything is broken or not. then you can avoid the hospital and all those awkward questions." he admitted with a small chuckle. "like 'how did a snake get in your pants' and 'why did you eat skin paint?'...." here he paused and then. "...the questions might change a bit once you hit collage though..." he admitted with a grin. "and your right! half the directions where in Chinese!... or maybe it was Russian?" he mused as he lifted the bottom of the Coffee Pot and slid the list if instructions out from underneath and handed it to Jake. "do me a favor and tear that into itty bitty pieces while i get breakfast started?" he asked with a small grin. when he came out with the breakfast he sniffed, looking so much like the rich snobs that Jake's parent's had parties with that it was almost frightening. "i do not own froze crap." he stated firmly. "they are bad for you, have no nutritional value, and they taste like shit." he stated with a firm nod. "now eat your waffles..." he ordered before grinning as Jake started to cram. "and try not to choke." he ordered with a small chuckle.

"thanks. it's my Oba's recipe." he admitted with a smile. "my Grandma's." he explained. "i had to alter it a little to match more traditional american, but it's good right?" he asked with a grin as he put another piece of Waffle into his mouth, chewing eagerly. "My Oba was the only person in the family who didn't dislike me." he admitted with small smile. "we'll go to the police office first, and i'll send my freind to gather your things. then you don't have to go back to that house again if you don't want to." he admitted with a grin. "and if your parents ask, my freind will tell them that you're in an investigation and everything you own is now considered evidence." he snickered. "when you get to school on Monday, we might as well spread the rumor that you where witness to a horrible crime and are now living with me for protection." Daneas's eyes where glittering with laughter. "that should stop all those unsavory rumors that your Ex-Girlfriend is likely to start." he admitted with a small snicker. "you know... all that sounded better in my head." he admitted with a small chuckle. "lets not do that." he decided with a small chuckle before he smiled at the other.

"no. if there is an amber alert posted now, the police know that your with me after your traumatic experience. the police will tell your parents that you are safe and are going to be in the Police station later to give your statement and collect the effects that where stolen from you." he admitted. "and admittedly, i could get in trouble for housing you long term, only if i don't legally claim you as my dependent. so long as we file the paperwork that makes me your temporary, or full Guardian, i won't suffer any ill effects because it is legal." he explained. "the Principle will be a bit shocked, but he won't be able to do anything, or say anything about it without incurring the wrath of most of the wold." Daneas admitted with a smile. "and after you turn eighteen, no one can say anything about where your living anyway." he admitted. "when is your birthday anyway? your seventeen now right?" Daneas asked before glancing at his watch. "you had better finish your breakfast. we need to get to the police station to identify your mugger... i need to know, once we get there, if you want me to claim guardianship over you." he warned. "because after we leave, i will no longer be expected to offer you safe shelter, and it would even be construed as improper for me to. so we have to settle the guardianship thing while we're there."

Jake nodded, that was clearly a non-negotiable fact, and honestly if his ribs were still hurting after a few more days he would want someone to look at them to make sure he didn't have something really wrong with him. He was lucky Daneas was so chilled with these things. If it had been anyone else he was sure they would have called the police and then he would have to go through all of that bullshit and describe how his father had hit him and past abuse and all kinds of crap he really didn't want to deal with. On top of that they probably would want him to talk to some shrink about his past to try and make sure he wasn't going to be some messed up adult serial killer or something. He was pulled out of his inner monologue by a set of instructions in chinese being presented to him, taking them and flipping through it to glance at the pictures, wondering why he hadn't just bought an english coffee pot to begin with. "Okay, okay. I was just saying that I don't care" he muttered, his eyes going wide at the others clear hatred of frozen foods. Well, that ruled out a large list of foods he wouldn't be eating if he was going to live with him. "It's really good. Thanks. I haven't had anything like this is forever. I can't even remember the last time someone cooked for me" he said, not counting the school lunches, which were essentially garbage already.

"Okay, do I need to make a list for him or will he just grab everything?" he asked, wondering who his friend was in the department. "I would feel weird if I left for good and never said anything to them" he admitted, though he didn't really want to risk his fathers anger. He smirked a bit at his teachers obvious enjoyment of spreading such a rumor around the school, not caring in the slightest what people would think of him, it was admirable, really. He groaned when he thought about the ex he now had. She was going to be real fun to deal with. He knew his phone would have tons of messages and missed calls from her when he got it back, maybe Daneas could help him out with that too, although he was gay. Maybe relationships still worked the same way, he wouldn't know. Jake chewed on his bottom lip, worried about how things were going to happen and the fact that he was going to have to decide what to do between there and getting to the police department, which was, regrettably, a very close drive. "Yeah, I'm seventeen, for a couple more weeks at least." He said softly, wondering if Mr. Dan would kick him out once he turned eighteen or if he would give him a little time to find somewhere and get a job. He didn't think he'd be offered a permanent or even a semi-permanent residence there. "I would like for you to be my guardian, that is if you don't care, of course. If it's too much trouble I'm sure I could figure something out at least for a little while" Jake said softly, thinking about going back to his house to take the wrath of his father or going out and living on the street. He'd probably be a hooker of some sort and get addicted to cocaine or something with his luck.

Back
Top Bottom