Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Winston sighed, looking down at her with a pained expression. "No, I'm not," he admitted, moving to sit on the couch in the sitting area. He continued to puff on his cigarette and sip on his drink, a good sign that was upset. "I murdered my father tonight, Nyx."

He looked up at her, and his expression was solemn. He knew it had to happen, but he didn't know he'd feel this guilty after he did it. "Rhys has Annabel with him down the hall," he said, "And I have no idea what to do. Well, I do know what to do, but it's not according to plan. Not our plan, anyway..." Downing the rest of his drink, he put it on the coffee table in front of him with a huff. "I always knew that killing my father would be a double-edged sword. He'd be dead, but I'd be stuck with the business. It's not like I can leave it high and dry. He has clients that would kill me in a heart beat."

~*~

Annabel shook her head. "No," she admitted, "I would just like a shower... And for you to promise me you won't leave me like that again." Tears were in her eyes. Sure, maybe she shouldn't, but she was starting to fall for him. She was falling for him hard, actually, and he was the only thing in her life at the moment that made her feel safe. That may be crazy, but it was true. She counted on his to protect her.

Reaching up, she randomly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him for a hug, nuzzling her face into his neck.

Nyx looked startled at his words, eyes widening as she took in the sight of him, biting her lip as she moved to stand next to him, gently reaching out and stroking his hair before shifting, sliding into his lap,wrapping her arms around his neck holding him because she knew just how messed up he had to be. Even if his father had been a evil bastard, he still was his father. Meeting his eyes as he looked up at her, she shifted in his lap to get comfortable, curling that long lithe body around his, holding him just as much as she was making him hold onto her.

“Fuck. This is so fucked up…”She sighed closing her eyes as she rested her forehead on his shoulder, because she had no idea how to help him,but she knew just how badly he had to be feeling. “You know what you need right now?A shower.And a moment to relax. I might even consider giving you a backrub when you’re done. We’ll plan after, but you’ve got blood everywhere win, time to clean up.”She muttered as she stood looking down at him, worry and fear for him showing in her dark eyes, knowing they needed to figure this out, that they had to figure out what to do next, but also knowing he was also a son who killed his father, no matter how hated the man, Balthazar was still his father. She knew things were going to get bad, but she wanted him to relax for a moment before they got busy.

~~

“I…I’m sorry. I promise to try and not leave you again. I wont do a absolute, because I don’t know if I can keep it, and I wont make a promise I cant keep. Not to you.”he muttered dipping his head, pressing a kiss to her head, looking worried for him as he picked her up and headed for the bathroom. Gentle and caring, he stripped them both down before turning on the water and stepping inside. Trying so hard to keep it together. While it was…a relief to be free of a demanding, cruel man, especially in the face of his mother’s death, but it was still painful for him. Especially because he knew that Winston would be even more torn up and confused. More then anything, the strain of balthazar’s death that would be put on Winston was upset him more then upset that Balthazar was dead.

"I don't need you to tell be how fucked up this is. I already know," Winston snapped, not in the mood for teasing or games tonight. He just needed to sulk a bit, and he needed her to let him do so. Standing up, he put his cigarette out and started for the bathroom, taking a quick shower, then coming back out. After drying off, he slipped into bed and flipped on the television, feeling better now that he was clean.

"You know, Nyx, that this calls off our mission," he said, "I can't have you around why I try to do damage control on my father's business. It's not something I can leave behind, and I'm pretty sure it's nothing you want anything to do with..." He frowned at that, but it was true. She just couldn't be this close to a new mob boss, given her situation.

~*~

Annabel moved behind Rhys in the shower, her arms wrapping around him, and her hands brushing against his muscled stomach. "You don't have to act tough around me, Rhys," she whispered, pressing a kiss to his shoulder, "You can be upset if you'd like, and I'll do my best to comfort you and make it better." Gently turning him around so he was facing her, she got up on her toes and pressed a kiss to his lips, her hand moving to his cheek. The steam from the hot water swirled around them, and it made her feel better after being in that cold water tank.

Nyx winced at his words before sighing, letting him go, seeing that he just needed to sulk. Shifting to get up she headed to bed, waiting for him. Turning her head to look at him as he climbed into bed. While she knew that was true, that she had no reason to stay now, the idea of abandoning him was painful to her. And even more, her leaving would mean his brother would get involved. She felt protective of the strangely innocent mob son, but that might be because she knew that Winston was. Giving her situation she should be running the other direction, but she also knew her grandfather would see it as a way to get control of the skarsgard businesses, not a bad thing.

“And who are you going to have help you?You’re brother?He might be intelligent Winston, but he’s innocent. And are you willing to drag him even further into your world?”She said sighing softly, using every weapon she had, because she didn’t want to leave him, even if she didn’t want to admit to it. “Let me help you, at least until you can get some guards you trust absolutely, and you get things settled.”

~~

Rhys sighed softly as she brushed her fingers over his stomach, shivering a little. Despite the blood and death that had been in his evening, he was still responding to her. Dipping his head a little as he rested his head on her shoulder, he shuddered. “I hated him…he killed my mother. I wanted to be the one to pull the trigger…but…he was still my father.”he said shivering, tears mixing with the shower water.

"No, I'm not going to drag my brother in to this," Winston said, narrowing his eyes at her for even suggesting such a thing, "I was going to talk to Connor in the morning and see if he can help me at least clean up a few of my father's messes..." He ran a hand through his hair and sunk into the bed, laying down with a sigh. The soft bed felt nice on his aching muscles. Why he was so sore, he didn't know. "You want to help me?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, "Nyx, what would make you think I'd be any more comfortable with you working for me than my brother? You are my fiance to the public. A lot of people will want me dead once they realize what's been done, and they will do anything to get back at me, including something to you."

Growling in frustration, he threw the blankets off of him and walked over to the bar. It was clear he was going to get no sleep tonight.

~*~

Annabel closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, her hand moving up to ,stroke his wet hair. Turning her head, she kissed his cheek. "It's okay," she whispered, "You are allowed to mourn, Rhys. He was an awful person, but that doesn't change the fact that he was your father. He raised you and gave you everything you needed." She continued to hold him underneath the spray of hot water, wanting to comfort him and help him. She had not realized how much she had grown to care for the mob son until she saw him completely undone with emotions.

"Come on," she murmured, "Let's get dry and get in bed. We can watch a movie or something." With that, she offered him a smile.

"And when connor has to go home?you might gdt some of the mess cleaned up,and no matter that tou are your fathers heir, I'm sure you're still going to have problems....let me stay tour fiancee even if its just to give you someone to talk with when you need if."she said before she could stop herself wincing a little looking away from him before moving to stand at the window staring out over the city. "Though id understand if you wanted connor instead...I mean I know you two have a thing and with your dad gone....."she stopped realizimg just how awkward she sounded.

Rhys smiled a little as he turned off the water lettinf her help him dry off. Quiet as he considered her words and trying to sort out his feelings for his father before he smiled at the woman he had no right to feel so softly towards."tou are, to kind for your own good.I worry about you in the real world."he muttered smiling at her a little

Winston began to pour a drink. "Do you ever know when to just... be quiet?" he growled, "Can you not see that I just washed my father's blood off my hands? Right now, I want to relax and have a drink, is that okay with you? And then when I wake up from what I plan to be a very deep, alcohol induced sleep, I'll talk to Connor and get something mapped out. If you want to stay around and stick out this fucked up life, fine. Go ahead. It might help keep things looking authentic. However, do not act like you know better or know more about what is going on that I do, got it? I am very well aware of every scenario that can play out after tonight, but right now, I just want to not think about anything."

He clenched his jaw at the mentioning of Connor. "That's complicated. Stop making it sound like a 'thing'. It's not... It's just complicated."

~*~

Annabel's eyebrows scrunched together as she looked up at him. "Do you worry about me in the real world, or your world?"

Walking into the bedroom, she pulled the blankets of the large hotel bed back and snuggled down into the middle. Grabbing the television remote, she started to flip through the channels. "Would you like me to order us some dinner?" she asked, trying to make things easy on him tonight. Eventually, she'd start having to ask questions about what was going to happen next. However, right now, she'd let him mourn his father's death. She'd let him get his head straight and lean on her for comfort, because in reality, she had grown far too attached to him to leave him, especially now.

Nyx hunched her shoulders at his dressing down, having been talking because she was scared, for him, for herself, and rhys. Nodding jerkily she swallowed looking out the window, having been talking because she didn’t know how to be comforting, not when he’d killed his father, had no idea how to handle it, and her mind just wouldn’t shut up. Swallowing hard as she rubbed her hands over her face, not knowing what to say, and feeling so very young and foolish for saying anything. “…then I’ll say goodnight, and find my own room.”She muttered gathering one of the spare blankets and a pillow and heading for the living room, glad he had a suite room because at least she wouldn’t have to totally go down to the hotel desk to find a room of her own. Leaving him in the peace he wanted even as her mind raced, not able to stop from looking everything over.

~~

“Hm, I guess my world and the real world are different aren’t they?”He muttered considering it before smiling. “My world then. You are to kind for it.”he said watching her for a moment before he watched the tv. “Yea, food would be good. Something preferably that goes well with alcohol.”He said smiling as he shifted, resting his head in her lap as he struggled to clear his mind and simply watch the tv.

Winston rolled his eyes. "You are not sleeping on the couch, you stubborn woman," he snapped, shaking his head, "Look, I'm sorry. I'm upset, and I'm taking it out on you..." He took a gulp of his drink and ran a hand through his hair. "You sleep in the bed. It's going to be a while since I can sleep anyway, so I'm going to go sort some things out with Connor... You can come if you want, or you can stay and I'll let you know what the plan is in the morning."

He walked over to her and took her chin between his fingers. "Stop trying to over-analyze things tonight. It would help. That's what tomorrow's for." Leaning down, he kissed her cheek and headed for the door.

~*~

Annabel leaned over and called in an order through room service, then leaned back against the head board. Gently, she stroked his hair and back as his head rested in her lap. "You are too kind for your world, Rhys," she murmured softly, "And that's not a bad thing... It means your father didn't get as tight of a grip on you as Winston." She looked down at him and smiled, her damp hair draping over one of her shoulders. It was truly amazing how nice she was being after what happened to her, but in reality, she knew none of it was Rhys's fault.

Her hand strayed down to his stomach, stroking his naked abdomen.

“I’m sleeping on the couch. Just to prove I can be more stubborn then you, you jackass.”Nyx snapped back, though the teasing light in her eyes said she was trying to get a laugh before smiling up at him. “Go. I want to sleep, and make sure you get some yourself. Your going to need it.”She said smiling up at him a little, watching him walk out before looking at the couch. Giving a huffing laugh she smiled as she headed for bed, knowing that if she slept on the couch, she’d wake up in bed later, with Winston laughing at her. Might as well sleep in bed.

Connor meanwhile raised a eyebrow at the sight of the man standing in his doorway, sipping his drink before stepping back into the room. “I’m surprised your not off having celebratory sex. You’re in charge now you know, you’re allowed blowing off work for blow jobs.”Connor said trying to make him laugh, even if he knew it was a serious thing that they needed to discuss.

~~

Rhys sighed closing his eyes as she stroked his hair, looking sad. “I wish I could help Winston. He’s… he never had a chance to be different.”he muttered more then his father, he mourned the man his brother was going to have to become to protect him. Because even if he knew Winston wanted out, he had no delusions about the war that would break out as dealers and suppliers went to war if Winston just walked away. And he knew the coming fight to control things were going to make a already emotionless man worse. Shivering as she stroked a hand over his stomach he cracked a eye to look at her.

“You want something?”He smirked, wanting to relax. Even if he knew that he had to tell her about his father, he wanted a single night, one more night that she didn’t hate him. Needing the comfort more then he wanted to tell her. Needing the comfort she offered tonight, later, he would tell her.

Winston rolled his eyes and walked in, sitting on the foot of the bed with a huff. "I need to change things though," he said, "I refuse to run things like Balthazar did... First things first - I need to weed the prostitution out. I can't handle that aspect any longer. Drugs are one thing, but dealing out innocent girls is another. If you want to go in for half the profit, I figured we could get the remaining ones ready and sell the lot of them over in Mexico. I'll need your help though."

He looked up at his friend and took a gulp of his drink. "I know that I'll still have to be just as firm as my father was, but I don't plan to be a fucking sadist. I'm done with that. But first, I have to clean up some of his messes... And you're the only one I can turn to. Even the fucking guards watched me murder them. I'm not even sure how to deal with them. I don't want to kill the lot of them, but I can't chance them not being loyal."

~*~

"I think the best way you can help him is to make him proud," Annabel said, "Outside of the mob... Do what you have been dreaming of doing. Finishing your Master's Degree, for instance. He'd want you to do that. That's why he is so willing to take the brunt of things."

She giggled a bit and leaned down to kiss his lips, taking in the clean scent of his freshly bathed body. "Maybe," she said, "We haven't had a lot of opportunities to enjoy each other the past couple of months... Not among all the hysteria."

At that, room service knocked on the door, and Annabel moved to fetch the tray. Bringing it to the bed, she picked up her own sandwich and Dr. Pepper.

Connor nodded a little. “You were always displeased with that. You look a little sick thinking about it.”He muttered teasing his friend a little because he wasn’t surprised Winston was getting rid of the prositutes, having long ago realized that the trafficking of young girls bothered Winston, and had allowed the man’s feeling influence his own business dealings as winston’s disgust had made connor realize just how….disgusting it really was. “Sell them. I’ll take them to mexico, and then make sure to let them buy out your half of things.”he sighed sipping his own drink before thinking about what Winston had said.

“Go through the guards first. You need people around you, before you can do anything else. I’d suggest giving them a raise, making them realize that you’re a better choice then Balthazar. There’s no real way to make sure they’re loyal. Only time will show that.”He sighed, looking like he’d wished he could give Winston a better answer then that before smiling a little. “oh, so you’re not a sadist?Is that only in bed then?”he teased a little before sighing. “of course I’ll help with the messes. Cleaning up is what I do best.”He muttered looking curious and concerned for a moment. “And what does your fiancée say about being the next mob wife?Not running away is she?”he asked curious, even if he wasn’t sure about their relationship, he knew Winston would need people he trusted around them, and he had a feeling the woman he was marrying was one of them.

~~

Rhys shuddered a little as he listened before nodding. “Well…I can do that. I just have a few classes and my thesis to write.”he muttered thinking about it, before wincing a little at the idea of Winston taking the punishment, the cruelty meant for him just so he could live better.

Laughing a little as she smelled his skin he smiled as he wrapped his hand in her hair, tugging her close for a kiss.”Hmmm sex was always my best idea for not thinking. And you have a wickedly good mouth.”he smirked already starting to drag her head down lower, just to see how much she’d let him boss her around.

Whining in disappointment though as the woman got up to get the food, pouting a little as he picked up his own sandwich."but first, food to fuel the sexual escapades that are about to start."He grinned wickedly at her, reckless and happy, trying to desperately to not think about anything but having her on every surface in the room.

Winston shook his head. "I feel sick thinking about it..." he admitted, only because he trusted Connor with his true feelings. At the other man's words, he started to relax. Maybe with Connor's help, they'd all be okay. "Nyx? I'm not sure how well-suited she is, but as far as her running, I don't have much to worry about. She's a worrier, and she wouldn't leave my side if I begged her." Laughing a bit, he took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and put one in his mouth before offering the other man one. "She's stubborn."

Lighting the cigarette, he took a long drag. His free hand moved up to caress the other's thigh. "I'm not always a sadist in bed. You know that."

~*~

Annabel laughed a bit and took a bite of her sandwich. "I think I can handle a few sex escapades tonight... It will be nice to not have to be quiet for the first time." She grinned, because she knew that with Balthazar, they had to be careful about the man hearing them. They couldn't let him think it was out of mutual attraction. It had to only be because Rhys was taking advantage of her.

All of the sudden, Annabel's face dropped, and she looked so very sad. "Rhys, Bosely is still at the house," she whined, "He's in your closet... I managed to hide him before your father's guards got into the room when they took me to the water tank." She looked pained at the idea, pouting. "Is there any one we could send for him? We can't leave him there."

“well, if your going to get sick, go in the other room.”The Irishman muttered looking amused at the teasing, looking him over before laughing a little. “Well, no woman is going to be suited to our way of life.”He pointed out before smirking a little. “Do a lot of begging do you?”He teased smirking at the other shivering a little as the other touched his leg. “A sadist, is exactly what you are.”He muttered dragging the other for a kiss before leaning back to study him for a long moment. Trying to decide whwat to think, because here he was, when he had a fiancée back in his own rooms, who knew that him and connor had sex. Was Winston trying to make her leave?

~~

Rhys grinned nodding.”I always did like my women vocal.”He grinned at the idea smirking as he leaned up to kiss her cheek, starting to eat his own food, looking pleased before startled at her words. “What?Oh. The cat.”He muttered remembering that she had named it, biting her lip a little. “I’ll ask Winston. He should know who to ask.”He said so unsure with everything going on, what to do. Standing he crossed to winston’s rooms, looking startled to find nyx alone before letting her go back to resting moving to connor’s room and knocking on the door. “Win?He called

Winston moaned into the kiss, the smoke from his cigarette flowing inside the other man's mouth. His free hand moved to pull Connor down on the bed with him, but the sound of his brother's knocking startled him. He pulled back and stood up, straightening his clothes before moving to answer the door.

He raised his eyebrows. "Rhys? Everything okay?"

There was concern in his expression. He worried about how his brother was taking everything...

Rhys looked calm though worried. The fact that he was asking over a damned cat said just how screwed up his head was at the moment. “I have a cat. Its locked in the closet because Annabel was afraid the guards would kill it. Can you have someone go let it out?”He said flushing as he realized just how stupid it sounded.

Connor swallowed hard as he sat up on his elbows to look at the two brothers but not saying anything as he blew out the smoke Winston had breathed into his mouth, sighing softly at the taste. Looking concerned for them both, wondering just how both brothers would handle the death of Balthazar, and wondering just what would happen.

Winston raised his eyebrows and smirked. "Why am I not surprised?" he said, "And I bet you weren't the one initially worried about it either." He shook his head, because he was smart enough to know his brother had grown attached to Annabel, and for some reason, he wasn't angry about it. It just meant Rhys was still capable of love, and that he had their mother's heart... That was a good thing.

"Go back to Annabel," he said, "I'll call one of the maids and have her drive the cat up to the hotel. I'm not too worried about the maids' loyalty. They don't pay much mind to their surrounds; they just do what their told and take their paycheck at the end of the week."

He pulled out his phone and started to make a phone call. "Go on," he said to his brother, "I'll take care of it."

When Rhys returned to the room, Annabel had finished eating and was sipping her soda. "What did he say?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. She found it just... so sweet that he even talked to his brother about it, especially when she knew that Rhys didn't care about the cat like she did.

"I sas to. Stupid beasr is a pain in my ass."rhys grumblsd not wanting to admit that he'd come over because annabel had been worried. Nodding a little as he turned to leave."thanks win."he said pleased as he headed back to the room glad that he could tell annabel that the cat would be okay. Tossing himself onto the bed before he answered rhys smiled at annabel."hes having one of the maids bring it over. I think hes planning to stay here for a few days. Get nyyx used to the idea of everything."he shrugged having a feeling his brothers girl wasn't used to violence like this.

Connor raised his eyebrow at the blond smirking a little as he sipped his whiskey."that was surprisingly soft hearted. Maybe your nyx is good for you."he teased shaking his head as he stood and stole a kiss, zhoving winston getnly towards the door."go. You need sledp,even if it feels like you don't. Its going to be a long few days go lay down."he ordered gently smiling a little

Annabel scrunched her eyebrows together. "Get used to everything? She always knew Winston was an heir to his father's mob..." she said, seeming a little confused, "I mean, she always knew that it was going to happen eventually, especially when he asked her to marry him." She settled into the bed and leaned against him, her hand caressing his chest and stomach with a gentle touch. Leaning in, she kissed his neck. "Whatever are we going to do while we wait up for the maid to bring the kitten?" she teased, smirking a bit.

Winston rolled his eyes. "I've been known to be nice time to time before she came along," he said, a little irritated. He was getting sick of being teased about Nyx "softening" him, when it just wasn't true. However, he wasn't ready to tell Rhys or Connor exactly what started their relationship.

He leaned in to kiss the other man. "I'll be staying in the hotel for a few nights," he said, "So I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Yea true but ahe probably wasn't expecting to lose her quality time with him so soon. He'll be buzy with work and she won't see him. that and she only recently moved in so her knowledge of things was different.now she has to learn quickly what to do. and he wants to stabilize everything before we go home."rhys said shrugging before smirkong at her."I'm zure you have something planned. How about you juzt show mr what you aant tod do?"he muttered absently running hiz hand up and down her back.

"I know but you get this interesting shade of red and so very annoyed when I point it out it amuses me."connor smkrked before nodding."tomorrow then"he smildd watching ths othsr go.

Nyx stirred as the man climbed into bed,having given in and taken the bed like he wanted dark eyes sleepy but worried about him"you okay?I am, as much as you can be?"she muttered before letting it go remembering what he'd tolx her about not knosing when to shjt ip

Annabel smirked, her eyes fluttering closed at the feeling of his hand going up and down her back. Swallowing hard, she looked up at him, her hand raising up to caress his cheek. "Does this mean that you like me even when you are not having to guard me?" she asked, her eyebrows raising with genuine curiosity. Because part of her believed that he was only with her because, in the beginning, he was forced to be. Afterall, she was no where near as pretty as the girls she had seen him date. She wasn't quite as sexy or graceful or popular... She was just Anna. "You aren't trying to figure out how to get rid of me yet, are you?"

~*~

Winston yawned and leaned back into the pillows, snuggling down into the bed in an effort to get some sleep. When she spoke, he sighed. "How am I supposed to be okay?" he murmured, calmly, "I'm managing... And we will see how things happen." Rolling on to his side, he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close against his chest, his face buried in her hair. "Just go to sleep, Nyx. We'll worry in the morning."

“Darling, I’ve never gotten rid of a woman as long as she’s willing to suck my cock. And you are still that.”he said being crude because it had always been his way of hiding from his emotions. There was a good reason he had never had a relationship that didn’t last longer then a few weeks, and Annabel was going to get to deal with the emotional fallout as the man struggled to come to terms that he was wanting to keep her around.”But no, I’m not sending you anywhere.”he said guilt darkening his face for a moment as he tried not to let himself think about what was waiting for her at home.

~~

Nyx smiled a little shifting to snuggle into him,”Goodnight.”She muttered smiling as she fell back asleep.

In the morning she smirked as she considered the man laying next to her, looking amused glad that he was like most people, and stripped down to the bare essentials to sleep in. smirking as she tugged down his boxers gently, glancing up at his face to make sure she wasn’t waking him up, she smirked. She wanted to give him a few moments this morning, where he didn’t have to think, to make sure that he at least woke up to something good. With that thought in her mind she sighed softly as she slid her mouth down over his cock.

Annabel rolled her eyes and crawled into his lap, straddling him and allowing him to feel her naked body against his. "Is that all I am to you? A mouth to suck your cock?" She leaned down to kiss him on the lips, but this time, it was soft and passionate enough. It had enough lust behind it to show exactly what she wanted, but it was gentle enough to show the feelings she had for him ran deeper than lust... "I think you like me more than that." She smirked a bit and began to kiss down his neck and chest, taking her time tasting his clean skin. Once she made her way down his body, her mouth enveloped his cock. Her eyes stayed on him, watching for his reaction.

~*~

Winston shifted a bit in his sleep, letting out a strangled moan. He wasn't quite awake, but he could feel her. His hips rolled upward, making her take more of him, and his hand absently reached up to take her hair in to a make shift pony tail. "Mmm...."

Rhys grinned as he rested his hands on her hips, “Hmmm its one of your many charms.”he said smirking a little kissing her back as he rubbed up against her. He was so not going to be looking at his feelings for her, because even if she hadn’t once been his captive, the man had never had a real relationship, so he had no idea what to do with the emotions he was feeling. Groaning as he fisted his hand in her hair he sighed softly, thrusting up a little.

~~

Nyx smirked around his cock, rolling her eyes to look up at him, moaning as he pulled her hair back, looking amused as she looked up at him.moving slightly moaning softly at the tug of his hand in her hair she moved to rest her head on his thigh as she looked up at him."good moening."she said bitinf her lip as she fought to not fuss over him,knowing he wouldn't appreciate it.

A couple hours later, Annabel lay panting underneath Rhys. "Good God, do you ever get tired?" she giggled, leaning in to kiss him gently on the lips. By that time, the maid was knocking on the door, and Annabel slipped a robe on and answered it. She smiled at the sight of the little kitten with it's leg cast, taking it gently in her arms and thanking the maid. "Awe, Rhys, look at him," she murmured, looking amused and sympathetic for the pathetically adorable kitten. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she put the kitten in her lap and leaned into Rhys. "Thank you... It means a lot to me that you sent someone for him," she murmured, kissing his cheek. After a few moments, she realized Bosely had not had anything to eat since the night before, and ordered a bowl of milk through room service. There was no question that she would be spoiling the little guy, and in turn, Rhys would have to as well.

~*~

Winston sighed and looked down at her, finally opening his eyes and waking up. "You don't know how to let me be, do you?" he murmured, sitting up and running a hand through his hair. "Look, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I just have too much on my mind to get lost in sex this morning, okay?" He stood up and moved to the phone, ordering breakfast through room service before heading toward the shower. Sadly, Nyx chose to stay, and because of that, she was about to learn what it was like to actually be with a mob boss, and it wasn't always nice. Sure, Winston would eventually get to a point where he could relax, but right now... He just needed to get things straightened out.

Back
Top Bottom