Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Second Chances(blair/lady)

Rhys glared at her, looking annoyed that she was using one of her shirts to catch blood.”You wanted that shirt. Don’t ruin it.”he grumbled even as he tilted his head back to rest it on the headrest, holding shirt against his face despite his protests. “It’s broken, and don’t fuss. Its not the first time its happened. Winston can set it for me when he gets back tomorrow.”He said decidedly uncaring about whether his nose healed crooked or not, showing that it was indeed not the first time it was broken. More concerned with the idea that she had just casually brushed off getting shoved around, which made him want to stomp back inside. If only Annabel hadn’t been with him ,he would have at least made sure the man was hurting equally bad. “How are you?”he muttered glancing at her.

“I am amusing. Very.”Connor agreed smiling as they drifted off to sleep, connor having wiped both them up, looking quite content in fact to be held. Nyx smiled slightly shaking her head sadly at the sight before slipping into the bed, and curling up on her side of the bed, keeping apart from the two men who were so obviously in a relationship of sorts even if they wouldn’t admit it.

In the morning nyx frowned a little, wondering how in the world she’d ended up sandwiched between the two men, their much taller bodies curled around her smaller frame. It was a..odd position to wake up in, even if it wasn’t to bad.”….good morning.”Nyx muttered smiling when she realized Winston was awake, shifting, resting her head on his chest as she sighed, trying to relax. Now that the haze of sex and alcohol was gone, the girl was a little freaked out with this. She hadn’t been a virgin, but her sex life had been pretty normal. “As much as I like waking up between two stud muffins, I have to pee.”She grumbled to hide just how uncomfortable she was feeling.

Annabel looked at him like he was crazy, shaking her head at what he said. "I care about you so much more than I care about any of those clothes," she murmured, then shifted over and into the driver's seat, giving him little say in the matter. "Fine, but be careful, okay? I'll swing by the vet to get Bosely, and then we can head back to the hotel." She frowned, hating that he was in pain because of her ex-boyfriend... Even though, for a split second, she got some satisfaction out of the fact that he told Brad that she was his current girlfriend. That felt nice.

"I'm fine," Anna assured as she drove, "I just wish that he didn't sucker punch you like that. He's such a dick."

Winston grumbled something back at her in his sleepy state, but nodded and gently shifted over so that she could get out of the bed. While they needed to leave soon, the man was extremely tired, and he was finally getting the rest he needed so badly. He made no move to get out of bed, only curling up against the warmth that Connor provided once Nyx left the bed.

Rhys yelped a little as he found himself being moved out of the driver’s seat, sliding over into the passenger seat even as he dug the keys out for her. “okay.”He said at the idea of getting the cat, in enough pain that he didn’t even bother protesting picking him up. Shifting he leaned the chair back, sighing softly as he felt blood sliding down the back of his throat, glad that it was slowing as the blood clotted. “He is. Always has been.”he said closing his eyes as he sighed.

Nyx laughed quietly at his response, hurrying before crawling back into the bed with them both, even if she was comfortable, she didn’t want to get up either. Snuggling into winston’s side as she got back into bed she sighed quietly, content to go back to bed even if she knew that they should be going. Groaning as a cell phone went off he sighed quietly, “…that’s mine…”Connor grumbled squirming away, leaning over the edge of the bed to find his pants, answering even as he flopped back into the bed, snuggling into Winston again even as he talked quietly to his wife. Hanging up he sighed as he growled sleepily, not wanting to get up.”….sarah wants me back in boston, tonight.”he grumbled annoyed that he couldn’t stay and help Winston get things all settled.

A few minutes later, when Anna came out of the vet's office with Bosely, she had an amused smirk on her face. The little kitten was asleep, too tired from the medicine he was given, and one of his legs stood straight out with a tiny cast on it. After climbing back into the driver's seat, she placed the kitten in Rhys' lap and shook her head. "Awe, look at my two boys," she said, playfully pouting at the sight of both her pathetic looking kitten and her bloody boyfriend. Leaning over, she pressed a kiss to Rhys' head. "Let's get you two back to the hotel."

Winston frowned, not liking what Connor had to say. Turning toward Connor, he sighed and placed his head on the back of the other man's head, pulling him into a kissed. His lips and tongue lazily intertwined with the other man's, clearly not ready to give him back to his wife... However, like always, he had to. There was no other choice... Once he finally pulled back, he sighed. "We should be getting up, then," he murmured, sitting up and looking for his clothes. He was already back to being the cold, emotionless Winston that he usually was, for he didn't want to show exactly how hurt he was about having to lose Connor for a while...

"Nyx," he said, "Come on. We need to get on the plane. I need to see my brother soon." With that, he started to put on his clothes and head toward the bathroom.

Rhys frowned as he raised his head to look at the cat sitting on his lap before looking at annabel."must he sit on mr?"he ehined even ss he rested his head back again,only protrsting the cat because he usually did. Though if she looked over while she drove the msn wwas rubbing the kittens ears as he rested."I need a shower. Want to join me?"rhys said smiling at her,offering a gridly smile that helf blood and amusement as they walked inside,holding the kitten in one arm as hr fingered his nose with the other to see if it really was broken.

Connot groaned as he kissed he other back,sighing softly as he pulled away"you knoe I'd stay away if she wouldn't make life living hell."he muttered laying back in thr bed snuggling against nyx as einston moved away from thr both. Showing no signs of getting up, he didn't want to leave even if he knew he had to. She was normally unpleasant rven more so pregnant.

"Okay okay no need to scowl."nyx grumpled sounding annoyed,definitely not a morning person and her mood even worse with her embarrassment over what had happened the night before. Squirming away she sighed before starting to dress looking up at winston as both her and connor finished dressing,not about to shoe him just how upset she really was.

"Ready?"the policewoman smiled heading for thr door,ready to be gone.

Annabel thought Rhys looked adorable holding Bosley, but she knew better than to say anything. Instead, she moved into the bathroom and began to run the water in the shower. "Of course I'll join you," she said, smiling at him, "I have to make sure you get clean." She gave him a wink and went over to the phone, calling in some room service considering they didn't get to eat their lunch... Once the food was ordered, she began to strip down, gently placing Nyx's clothes on the bathroom counter. It was clear the she felt quite guilty about Brad hitting him, because she was the type who would thing that it was her fault... It was just one more thing to make her feel bad at the moment.

Winston nodded and went with the other two, heading out of the beach house and toward the jet that was waiting for them. The flight wasn't long, thank goodness, but that meant he had to say 'goodbye' to Connor even quicker. When they arrived back at the hotel, he turned to other man and frowned. "When will I expect to see you again?" he said, raising his eyebrows. He wasn't ignoring Nyx, but he also knew that she was going to be at his side. His relationship with Connor was a bit more complicated, and he had to take advantage of the time they had together.

“Hm, after you get me all dirty again.”Rhys said looking amused as they stripped down, sitting the kitten on the bed and making sure he was comfortable before moving into the bathroom as she stepped inside the shower, sighing softly as the warm water slid over his skin.”don’t look so depressed,sweetheart.”he muttered nudging her a little, leaning down to kiss her wincing as his nose brushed her cheek, oh yea, definitely broken.

Connor smiled as he paused in the hotel door, looking amused as nyx went to their room as he headed for his own, amused when Winston stayed with him. “Probably a few weeks. Less if Sarah decides she hates the ground I stand in, and lets me go.”Connor said because despite being in charge at home, and having his own businesses to run, he could run them just as easily from new York as he could from boston.

"I'm not depressed," Anna insisted, leaning into his kiss, "But I do like the way you called me 'sweetheart'." She smiled and reached up with a wash cloth, gently cleaning his face from the dried blood. His nose was already swollen, making her frown in a sad, protective way. "Poor guy... I'll make you a drink when we get out of the shower, okay?" She leaned in and kissed his cheek before turning to wash her hair, the water rolling down her youthful body...

Winston sighed and nodded. "If you manage to get away, you'll call me, right?" he murmured, leaning down to kiss the other man. Stepping back, he pushed his hands in his pockets. "I have to go see my brother... But I'll talk to you soon." He frowned, then turned and headed out the room before he made himself look any more vulnerable that he already did.

Walking across the hall, he banged on Rhys' door. "Rhys! It's Winston. We need to talk," he called.

Rhys smiled a little, looking down at her as she cleaned his face, looking vaguely amused. “Hmmm, a drink sounds amazing.”he muttered frowning a little when he heard winston’s voice, even though he was watching annbel.”Coming Win!Be right out!”he yelled climbing out of the shower, and knowing him and Winston had things to talk about.

“I will.Dont worry.”Connor muttered smiling a little as he looked at the other man, smiling slightly as he looked him over, watching him go. Knowing that things were just going to keep getting more complicated, and hoping it would be okay. He needed Winston to be okay.

Nearly a month later Nyx sighed softly as she leaned back in the bed, a book resting on her knees as she watched Winston move around the room, trying to figure out how he was feeling since he couldn’t seem to stay still.”You do realize its your house right?If you don’t want to have a engagement party, just tell rhys you don’t want to.”she pointed out, and despite how much her and Winston had developed a ease for communicating, she wasn’t about to admit to being a little hurt that he seemed this upset at celebrating what would be their wedding. While she knew it was fake, and he knew it was fake, it was still painful to watch. Because while her boss thought she was insane for staying with him, the woman had fallen in love with Winston skarsgard, no matter how much it wasn’t something she’d ever admit to it.

They might have grown close, but even then he was still the cool and reserved man he had been when she met him, so getting emotional on him, wasn’t a option.

Rhys grinned as he snuggled into annabel’s side, grumbling a little annoyed with the kitten as bosley rubbed against his arm, he sighed softly.”We should be getting ready for the party. Setting up decorations and everything.”He said starting worry, even if he had no intention of getting out of bed when he had maids that could set up things. But it was for his brother, and even if he didn’t want to decorate, he felt that he should at least try some to decorate.

Winston sighed and looked over at his future wife. "He's worked hard on planning this," he said, "It's not that big of a deal. I can push through all of the awkward socializing for one day." Walking over to her, he sat at the edge of the bed and leaned over to press a kiss to her lips. "Which suit? Grey or black?" He raised his eyebrows, already becoming comfortable enough with her to ask her such domestic-like questions. Sure, he may still be cold and void of emotion, but that was his personality. He couldn't do much about that...

Annabel turned over to face her lover, her eyes sleepy but amused. "We should," she murmured, tilting her head up to kiss him, "But I'm so tired, considering I had someone keep me up so late last night." She arched her eyebrow up at him, then sat up in the bed and ran her hand through her hair. Finally, her body was clear of bruises and welps from her days with Balthazar, and she was starting to look like the healthy girl he'd met in collage. Only probably was that their future was so very uncertain. Would he allow her to go back to school, or would risk their safety and privacy?

"Morning, Boz," Anna murmured, leaning down to pet the kitten. He slept in the bed with the couple every night, and she found it absolutely amusing that the kitten always seemed to cuddle up against Rhys.

“You know he only did it so Annabel would have something to do, just tell him you don’t want to socialize.”She teased a little looking amused as she kissed him back, leaning back to study him for a moment. Her heart warmed at the idea of him asking her opinion on something. She knew that they would never be a normal couple, or that she would ever be able to undo the damage Balthazar had done to his son, and he’d be as carefree and quick to show emotion as rhys was, but she also knew that he cared for her, he was reserved and cold at times, but she knew better then to expect anything different. And that was enough, and she could be happy with that. Reaching up she brushed his hair out of his face thinking about it, “Grey. My dress is charcoal grey, it’ll look good.”She said looking amused as she leaned back, studying him.

Rhys grinned yawning as he nuzzled his face against her shoulder,”Hey, I’m not the one who kept attacking me. You didn’t want to let me sleep.”He said looking amused as he pressed a kiss to her shoulder before sitting up, absently rubbing the kitten’s ears as he nudged her. “Come on. If we don’t have things ready, Winston’ll probably use it as a excuse to skip out on the party and just have sex all night.”He said snickering a little, having teased his brother for the past month for actually liking someone enough to move her in, to marry her, and keep her around. It was…interesting to see Winston so happy with someone.

Winston smiled and turned his head to kiss the palm of her hand. "Grey it is," he murmured, "And no, I'll be fine with a party just this once." He stood up and put a robe on over his boxers. "I'm about to go see my brother before he gets busy with things. You'll be alright for a few minutes, won't you?" He leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I'll bring some coffee up when I come back."

With that, he headed down the hall and knocked on Rhys' door. The commanding knock could only be Winston, so Annabel was not surprised at all. She sighed and leaned into him with a smile. "You talk to your brother," she murmured, "I'll go shower and get dressed." With that, Annabel headed into the bathroom and shut the door behind her. Within a few seconds, the sound of the shower came on.

Winston walked in and looked at his brother. "Morning," he murmured, "Mind if we have a talk?"

Nyx smiled a little as he kissed her palm, smirking a little as the man stood, pouting as he covered up.”Must you dress?Then again, if anna saw you naked, rhys might be jealous”She teased looking amused as she looked up at him. “Oh no, win, I’m going to die without your company.”She snorted looking amused before waving him away.”go.”She said looking amused.

Rhys growled whining as he snuggled into the bed,refusing to be moved to get out of bed as Winston came in, cracking a eye to look at Winston as the man came in he frowned at the cat cuddling up against him. “If you came to ask for tips about sex, you’re going to have to figure it out yourself.”he teased before sitting up, leaning against the headboard as he grew serious.”Whats up?”

Winston sat in the chair beside the bed and raised his eyebrow at the cat, watching it snuggle its way into Rhys' lap. Just one more reason to make Winston worry... Because he knew Rhys' softness toward the cat had to do with his love for Annabel, and his love for Annabel scared Rhys. There were two ways it could go. Anna could decide that this world was too much for her leave Rhys with a broken heart, ot Rhys could leave Annabel with confusion because of his inability to voice his feelings.

"We need to talk about you and Annabel," he sighed, "It's been over a month since Dad died. She's a free girl again, and yet, she has stayed with you every second since." He pressed his lips together. "I haven't said anything, because I know that things are just as hard on you as they are on me, so I was willing to let things slide... But you do realize that you are going to have to decide how you are going to handle this, right? Before you knock her up or something..." He shook his head, clearly worried about his younger brother.

Rhys groaned as he rolled on his stomach, pulling his pillow over his head. “You know you’re supposed to be doing your own wedding thinking, not worried about me.”He grumbled not wanting to discuss this. He sighed quietly as he realized his brother wasn’t going going to leave him alone, before he rolled onto his back, before lifting the pillow and looking at him. “Fine. I’ll take care of things.”he said sounding annoyed because he was very annoyed with everyone poking their nose into his feelings, from Annabel, to nyx, and now even Winston was worrying over him. He knew they did it because they were worried about him, but he was tired of it.

“Isn’t connor coming in tonight?Shouldnt you be going to get him or something?”he said hoping to distract his brother with the arrival of his best friend in the state, at least he hoped so. The last month no one had heard from connor as his wife had kept the mobster under lock and key, and everyone knew that sarah could hate him at times, but she was also obsessively in love with him, no matter how much connor didn’t love her. Which was the only reason he was still married, it had been a business deal on his end, but sarah’s father had handed over the businesses when he realized his daughter was obsessive with the young mobster he wanted as his heir.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do," Winston said, rolling his eyes, "I'm telling you to make a decision... That being said, I think the fact that you two have a kitten together pretty much sums up your decision." He sighed and looked down the cat, watching it nudge Rhys' hand with it's head, clearly wanting attention. "The thing is, I want you to make the right decision. She's young, Rhys. Remember that. If you want to keep her around, fine, but you need to make it worth it for her. If you're not ready for that, you need to let her go. Let her get back to school and get on her with her life without the daunting life of a mob son looming over her..." He frowned and shook his head. "I haven't heard from Connor yet, but I'll give him a call." The look on his face said that he had done his fair share of thinking about Connor.

Rhys frowned at him as he laid back on the bed, looking tired and beaten before nodding a little, sighing softly as he looked down at the cat, absently rubbing bosley’s ears. “Go away Winston. I have to get up and decorate for your party.”Rhys grumbled decidedly unhappy with where this conversation had gone. He hadn’t been ready to discus it, even if he had known Winston would eventually grow worried about them both. Waiting until Winston was gone he sighed, heading for the shower, smirking at Annabel, his feelings easily hidden. “Hey, you almost done?”He asked smiling slightly.

When Winston called, connor smirked as he looked down at the woman sleeping next to him, before slipping out of bed.”Good morning. I got the most amazing invite the other day. All girly and stuff, did you design it?”He teased his friend looking pleased and happy despite still being home. He was leaving within the next few hours, and he couldn’t be happier to be doing so. Feeling more restricted and trapped then he had in years, and he had a feeling it was because he was missing the other two.

Annabel came out of the closet wearing nothing but her lacy bra and panties. Her hair was done in long, lucious waves and her makeup was slightly heavier than usual because of the special occasion, but she still couldn't figure out what to wear. The expression on her face showed her frustration as she held up two dresses. Both were figure hugging, but one was short and red, and one was a bit longer and black. "Which one?" she asked with a pout, "I can't decide. I've never been to an actual fancy engagement party." Sighing, she stood back to look at her self in the mirror. She put the red one in front of her, noting it's lose, low neckline. It was definitely the sexier of the two.

She was just so scared the people at this party were not going to like her... They were going to know she didn't fit in this kind of crowd...

Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-at-Transformers-3-Premiere-in-NYC.jpg

Winston smirked and shook his head. "I think that was my brother's girl's doing," he admitted, "I was just checking in on you.... You're still coming, right? The party is in a few hours. I was hoping to see you here and, well, maybe convince you to stay a while."

Rhys grinned looking her over, smirking a little at the dress. “Hmm…I like the red.”he said thoughtfully looking her over as he stepped inside, leaning down to kiss her gently, draing her against him, hands resting on her hips as he smirked. “Of course, you could just go naked, and everyone would be pleased.”he said teasing her a little as he nuzzled her, thinking over winston’s words, knowing he’d have to make a decision, but putting it off for the moment.

“I’m leaving boston soon. I might be a little late, but I will be there. And convinced Sarah that I needed to be away from her for awhile otherwise I was going to cause harm. So you better have a room ready for me.”he said looking amused at the idea of staying anywhere but winston’s bed as he moved into the other room and started to get ready to go, glad that sarah was sleeping so heavily.

Nyx raied her eyerbrows as Winston came back into the room, smiling a little as she turned to look at him from where she was getting ready to go.”Well?”she muttered looking at him, wanting his opinion on the dress.

woman-wearing-elegant-cocktail-dress-11679838.jpg

Anna giggled and rolled her eyes. "No one would be as pleased as you," she said, turning around in his arms to kiss him full on the lips. Pulling back, she gave him a look, tilting her head to the side. "Everything okay?" Reaching up, she brushed his hair out of his eyes and studied him. She wasn't quite sure what it was, but she could tell something was off about him... Something that they would have to talk about later that night, she was sure. "Are you worried about them liking me? I wouldn't blame you. I've been worried about that myself..."

Stepping back, she slipped the red dress over her head and turned around so that her exposed back was facing him. "Zip me," she said, looking at him in the reflection of the mirror.

Winston smirked. "I always have a bed for you," he murmrued, then hung out the phone and walked into the bedroom. He smiled at Nyx and shrugged. "I had a talk with my brother about Annabel... It didn't go well. He's stubborn as ever." He sighed and sat down beside her on the bed, shaking his head. He just didn't know what he was going to do about his lovestruck brother.

"And Connor is coming," he said, "And he will probably stay a couple nights."

“true, but I would be so very pleased.”He said smiling at the idea, before kissing her back, looking down at him as she shrugged a little.”It’s fine, just worried about the party going well.”She said smiling a little as she kissed him lightly before smiling.”Not really. Nyx and Winston like you, anyone else is just a bonus. They’ll just have to deal with a cop’s daughter.”he said shrugging knowing there would be some that would be unhappy, and more then anything else, he knew that she had to let her go, so she could have the life she deserved. Smiling as he looked her over he pouted a little.”But I don’t want you to get dressed.”he pouted as he zipped the dress.

Nyx smiled before sighing softly, shifting to turn, wrapping a arm around his shoulder, rubbing his back and sighing.”Winston, he’s a adult. You’re going to have to let him make his own mistsakes, no matter what you want to do.”She muttered trying to comfort him before smiling at the idea of connor coming. “Good. He’ll be good for you, you’ve been so stressed lately.”She muttered worried about both skarsgard brothers because not only was rhys dealing with Annabel, but because Winston had had so much work to do as he shifted everything into his control from balthazar’s death. it worried her, that despite training for everything, that he would find it to much.

Annabel rolled her eyes and leaned up to kiss him gently on the lips. "You can have me naked any night you want... except tonight," she said, a teasing smirk on her lips, "Now get dressed so that we can go downstairs and check on everything. I want to make sure that the catering company is not late." She nodded toward the shower, then turned to the mirror to check her make up and put some jewelry on. Once Rhys was in the shower, Annabel went about getting dressed, then taking Bosely to the maids' quarters so that he would be taken care of for the night.

"I know he's an adult," Winston said, closing his eyes as she rubbed his shoulders, "But he's still my stupid little brother." He frowned and took a sip of the coffee that was nestled in his hands. "I think I may have convinced him to let her go... I'm not sure that was my best decision, but surely it would be the safest. He needs to get on with his life and finish his degree... I want him to get away from all of this one day. And Annabel needs her own life too. He can't keep her here like she's still our father's captive. She needs to go back to school and return back to her old life... Right?" He turned to look at her with a sigh.

“But anna…”Rhys wined but looked amused as he disappeared into the shower, smiling as he cleaned up. By the time he got downstairs he smiled a little as he went to find her, looking around as the maids bustled to get things ready.”Anything need taken care of?”He muttered leaning down to kiss her head as he wrapped his arms around her, trying not to think to hard about winston’s words.

Nyx sighed softly resting her head on his shoulder, not knowing how to help him, laughing softly.”And I’m sure he still thinks of you as his annoying older brother.”She muttered before sighing, “he’s been working on his thesis, which is al he has left to do to graduate before he finishes the other part of his degree. He’ll do it…but you do know he’s intelligent enough to put off going overseas until shes done right?”she muttered looking worried herself before nodding.”It would be best, for both of them, if they could go back to their old lives.”She said though she was pretty sure none of them would ever be able to go back to their old lives now

Anna turned around and grinned. "No, everything is taken care of," she murmured, leaning in to his kiss. It was clear to any other person in the room that the couple were absolutely crazy about each other, which made it all the more complicated... "The guests should be arriving soon." Reaching up, she straightened his tie. "You look so handsome in a suit, Rhys. I love it." She gave him a sexy little smirk, then turned to looked at the lavishly decorated dining hall. It was beautiful, with candles and flowers all around. It was very a romantic scenery...

"It would be best," Winston agreed, "But I'm not sure it would make either one of them happy." He sighed and stood up, headed toward the bathroom to get dressed. "Come on. We have an hour, and if we are late, my brother will never let me hear the end of it. He thinks that every time I'm not in sight, we are having sex." He rolled his eyes and smirked, then asked for one of the maids to fetch his grey Armani suit.

“Good. Hopefully win can actually arrive at his own party on time. Man hates gatherings.”He muttered looking around them, amused because he knew despite everything, and training to take care of business, social situations that involved just talking and visiting could make Winston uncomfortable at times. “Its beautiful here. You did well.”He muttered looking around them, amused that it was so beautiful here, it looked so good. The glass windows and modern designs made the romantic scenery all the more alluring.

“No, probably not.”Nyx sighed looking amused before laughing, following after him as she picked up her dress from the hanger it was on, having every intention of getting dressed. “Well, he’s part right. Most of the time we are. But just because he cant stop having sex, means the rest of us cant get out of bed.”Nyx said snickering a little as she slipped out of the robe she was wearing and slipped on the dress, the clinging gray material making her blond hair and soft pale skin seem even more like porcelain and smooth. Leaning into the mirror as she did her makeup, the two having settled into a relationship without nyx even noticing, doing the normal things most husband and wives did together, something as domestic as getting ready together.

Back
Top Bottom