Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When a Princess Loves a... Princess {Queen Lioness & Fate}

darkest_fate

machina erotica
Sometimes Cecile wondered why she even bothered with these things. Really, did it matter that she was present to greet her brother's bride-to-be? Yes, they would technically be sisters within a few short months, assuming that all went well with the courtship process. In fact, if Cecile was lucky, she wouldn't absolutely hate the other girl. Most princesses were blonde imbeciles who spent more time on their wardrobes and hair than on anything that actually mattered. Worse, most hadn't actually experienced much of anything. So they twittered and cooed about their wonderful stolen kisses while Cecile tried not to roll her eyes.

She'd been raised to be a "help-mate" instead of a piece of arm candy. For the longest time, Cecile had actually thought this was because she wasn't as pretty as the other princesses. Her hair was brown, for starters, a very un-royal color. It did curl and fall in luxurious chocolate waves down her slim back. When you had access to all the hair care and maids that you could possibly use, your hair generally turned out looking beautiful. It even shone in the light. Moving down, she had a shortish nose, sometimes called pug, sometimes called button. Behind it were two inquisitive green eyes, often searching and scanning. Things went downhill from there, however. Her frame was more lean than pleasantly plump, and her breasts hadn't developed beyond two smallish rounds, which her brother "lovingly" called "pimples." Sometimes she felt like her legs were too gangly (they were, in fact, quite appealing, if long), and her bottom not nearly round enough (though it was certainly pert). Regardless of how unattractive or attractive she actually was, Cecile had suffered through her teenaged years fully convinced that she was, in fact, almost ugly. As such she'd nearly thrown herself at a knight at one function, a deed which still shamed her parents from time to time. Since she'd learned that men hardly knew what they were doing, and certainly weren't worth the time.

Now she stood beside her brother, along with a small guard. Her parents had decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to attend, instead wanting the "younger crowd" to get to know each other. Cecile had to admit that it was actually a good idea, especially as they weren't certain how this "Princess Evelyn" would react. In fact, Cecile couldn't remember her from any of the parties or functions. Rumor had her at being at least passingly pretty, but nearly every princess was. When you got pampered, you looked good. Regardless, Cecile could only pray that she didn't titter and coo like every other girl.

"I'm already regretting agreeing," she muttered, blowing a curl out of her eye and glancing over at her brother.

"Relax, it could be worse," he insisted, pasting a charming smile. Most called her brother handsome, with good reason. But Cecile generally ignored his looks, as she did most men.

The two siblings ceased all banter as a coach approached. Cecile tucked a loose hair once more behind an ear, and brushed at the silken folds of her emerald dress. Had to look her best to impress this Princess Evelyn.... who was now dismounting from her royal carriage...

As a Princess, Evelyn was less than graceful. Something that took time and was demonstrated from the hard face-plant out of the carriage. She got up and ignored the Knights' help. Brushing off her fire engine red dress and blushing while she looked at her new husband-to-be. He was beautiful.

When Evelyn wasn't eating dirt, her natural beauty shown through. She was shorter, of height of five foot six inches she was quite short but it all fit her well. She spoke not with just a smile but with pearlish blue eyes that really gave no color, her mother thought her blind for the longest due to the lack of real color except for the blue in them. Her hair was a fire red, a few shades darker than her dress, that flowed a bit past her breasts. Her face was fair and pale but her cheeks was as red as her dress. Her hair fell in light even curls down her back.

Her figure was basic, breasts were simple C cups. Momma always told her that she would one day grab a great man. She was curvy, but only in certain clothing. Her bottom was there but not huge and amazing like some girls she had seen. Her skin matched the color of fine egg nog. Her face lined with freckles her dad would call "thats the cinnamon, it makes her sweet." But all the same she was beyond beautiful. She did not follow the trends of most girls her age, she spent time playing the violin, reading, and bettering her overall education that she had always wanted and needed to rule in case of her husband's passing (mom liked her prepared).

Today was the day, to meet her king to be. But instead her eyes fell on the girl next to him, something about her.... Who was she? She walked up to the prince and did a very formal bow, which the knights gasped at and she looked back at them. "Oh no. I was supposed to do the other thing!" Her voice was cute like a mouse and she giggled. "I am sorry Prince. Your first impression of your wife is so...bad already." Her blush deepened and she played with the small locket around her neck as she looked into his eyes for an answer. "I am Princess Evelyn." She said with a giggle, only her look and sound much younger than her age. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Hard not to giggle at the princess who fell out of her carriage. Plus the bit of Cecile's mind that had actually paid attention to the prattling of princesses nearly winced at the girl's dress. Fire engine red? on a redhead? At least it made her skin pop out, and her eyes flash. What really struck Cecile was how adorable the other girl was. So cute and innocent, bubbling with life. You could already feel the energy pouring from the girl.

Evelyn's antics did make Edward, Cecile's brother, laugh. He tried his best to cover it though, though Cecile could see his eyes light up. They should; he'd gotten semi-lucky in the whole marriage thing. Redheads weren't exactly common among royalty, especially ones that looked this good. Plus, the girl at least had hips, unlike poor Cecile.

Both royals actually did giggle at Evelyn's bow. Without thinking twice about it, Cecile dropped into a bow of her own. her curls did fall about though, which meant more tossing, nearly a horse like shake, but it was worth it to see the grins all around. Edward soon followed by performing a remarkable imitation of a curtsy.

"You're hardly giving a bad impression," insisted Edward. He stepped forward, nodding to the woman who was to be his bride. "Your energy is quite refreshing. We will surely welcome you here at Castle Reistalt."

"Besides, you're quite cute," cut in Cecile. What was so appealing about the other woman? She was supposed to be only a year younger than Cecile's twenty-two, yet she acted much like a child of sixteen, nearly looked as such. Yet for some reason, Cecile found her attentions nearly drawn to the girl. Hence her initial reaction had been to immediately help the other save face...

Evelyn smiled at both of them but looked at the girl for the longest time and then back at the Prince. "I'm glad you think so! I am so nervous and my momma said that people would laugh at me and I should try not to trip but I can't help it. It's so natural to me. I am so shocked that I don't have an scars on my face from when I was a little kid! Like this time I was eight and.." She blushed wildly and pressed her fists to her lips. "I am so sorry! I am rambling. I shall stop now." Her voice only made most things all the cuter. She smiled a ten million dollar smile and looked up at the castle. Her home.

To spite everything Evelyn didn't want marriage. She had taken classes on boys but her momma said that the classes were nothing compared to the actual practice and in the class there WAS no guys to go on dates with.

When the girl stated that she was cute most girls would of said "I know!" and gave a posh laugh. Evelyn smiled again and walked over to her. "Thank you. No one has ever called me cute..." Cute was a more honest statement than the very over loaded comments she got calling her beautiful. In fact she knew that but this girl's opinion mattered to her so much. "And who might you be, my love?" She said softer, making her sound a bit older than her excited squeaky voice. "My love" was used as a sign of affection for her a lot and a lot knew that.

The rambling made both royals smile once more. Cecile actually turned slightly to the side, wanting to at least hide the expression from the poor girl. They were already going to make her nervous with all their giggling and smiles as it was. Besides, Cecile couldn't help but feel that Evelyn kept looking at her in particular. It made her... slightly nervous, actually. Much like she'd been the few times she'd actually cared what a boy thought of her.

"Please, it's quite flattering that you ramble," insisted Edward. He was being awfully polite about the whole thing, though Cecile suspected that Evelyn was waring on the poor guy. He was so used to girl's being more fluttery and giggling. Even the serving maids that Cecile knew he entertained usually did that.

Evelyn's reaction to Cecile's comment proved the most surprising. The redhead approached, making Cecile turn to face her. Such an odd person, this princess, yet again Cecile couldn't help but feel slightly drawn to the other. Even with that squeaky voice. Said voice which... dropped almost, as the next bit came out. Love? Why was Evelyn calling her that?

"How rude of me," managed Cecile, gathering her wits. "I would be princess Cecile Reistalt, younger sister to Prince Edward. I suppose you and I shall be sisters soon enough. I must admit, that comes easier to say than I'd expected."

Edward shot his sibling a look, an eyebrow arching. Cecile nearly rolled her own in response. As if he hadn't anticipated her frustrations. Most princesses were such airheads.

"Why don't we carry this conversation to the castle?" offered Edward. He extended his arm for Evelyn to grasp. Again, Cecile was quite pleased at her brother's treatment of the situation. Always the gentleman, dear Edward.

Evelyn squealed and hugged her new sister to be. "How wonderful! You will make an amazing sister." Evelyn stood back and looked at the people carrying out her things from the carriage. "Please be careful with my perfumes. I made them myself and they took time." True enough, she did. She wasn't much for ordering things and going out of her way to do so when she could just make it herself. Even right now she smelled like a bush full of honeysuckles in a royal garden. "Oh wait I have someone for you to meet." She whistled a little tone and a small black and white husky trotted it's way out of the carriage, in the same clumsy matter it's owner did. It had gray eyes and looked no older than maybe ten months old.

"This is Robert. His is blind so you have to be careful of him. He is just a puppy though. Please refrain from picking him up and carrying him around." Her voice was very serious, making her sound more her age. "Even though he can't see he can still get around if he has the determination to do so." Her voice went cold. "After all, I was not babied and do not do the same to anyone else, to spite their disabilities." It proved a lot about her right then and there. The puppy was just an example of how she went about things and never really felt sorry for anyone or anything.

The puppy looked strong enough, like he could see. "Let us go." She said softly and grabbed Edward's arm with her own. "Your home shall be mine soon anyway. Will I be sleeping in your room, Edward?" It's a question that had been lingering for a while. Yes, Evelyn was still a virgin and she knew next to nothing about marriage. The thought of sharing a room with him made her both scared and happy. At least he wasn't a complete drunk and slept around.

Made perfumes herself? Just what kind of princess was this? The two sibling exchanged another glance, Edward desperately trying not to look worried. Cecile couldn't blame him; for all her sweetness, Evelyn had already come off as quite eccentric. If the girl weren't also energetic, cute, and somewhat kind, Cecile would be worried. even now, she wasn't sure how well poor Edward would handle his "future bride."

I'll have to do something about it... her. Maybe some private lessons of some kind? thought Cecile to herself. she pasted another smile on her face, the expression soon turning genuine as the smallish puppy appeared. Immediately Cecile wanted nothing more than to run over and pick it up, but refrained from doing so. Thankfully the dog looked friendly, even quite capable, for one supposedly blind. Again though, this gave away far more about Evelyn than the other girl probably expected.

Edward smiled as he took his bride's arm in his, giving her hand a pat. He nodded along with the home business, only to balk terribly at the next. His eyes boggled, and he nearly lost his step completely.

Once more, Cecile moved to the rescue. "No, I'm afraid you won't be sharing his bed until after the marriage, princess Evelyn," she said, smiling coyly. "Don't worry though, I'll try to bring you up to speed."

The looks her brother gave her suggested that that had better be done in a hurry. he could be patient, obviously, but Evelyn's oddities... Cecile's brow furrowed as she thought. The girl really was most likely just a sheltered innocent with a big heart. Cecile would have to spend more time with her to discover the truth.

"Ah yes," agreed Edward. He'd begun them strolling toward the palace, choosing the quickest route possible. Cecile would have preferred detouring through the royal gardens herself. Obviously her brother wanted to do something about Evelyn in a hurry. "I'm sure that Ceci will be more than capable of bringing you up on such things. She's quite knowledgeable in many fields."

Now Cecile wanted to hit him. He made her sound something like a whore, as the family occasionally did. not to mention using her pet name in front of a guest. Definitely grounds for a hitting later. For now she pretended to admire the shubbery.

Evelyn couldn't help but to notice the glances exchanged and she looked down. They think I'm a freak. She pushed it aside as if nothing and kept on her ten million dollar smile, a sweet but not stressed looking one. Robert whined and she looked back at him. "They are just stairs, my love. Jump. Jump. Jump." She said playfully and started to walk up the stairs. The puppy did as directed. It jumped happily up the stairs then hit Cecile's leg, barked once (as if saying "excuse me"), and shook it off and kept going.

"Up to speed? Am I that far behind?" Evelyn frowned, she never liked being behind. She had questions for Cecile, since she was the sister she knew most about her brother and there were emotional and...She blushed at the thought..physical things she had to learn on her own.

Sex was never appealing, after all the emotion or feeling that was "lust" took over and emotion usually didn't matter but to her it did. She did not love nor late Edward but picturing herself falling in love with him was a hazy picture. Her mother always told it to her this way, "Honey the first few years of marriage, if you love your King, are the best. Everything about it is amazing but take into account that affairs for men aren't illegal anywhere but remember it's for men. While you are pregnant with his child do not be shocked if he is out with other women. Time does things to people and 'love' dims out but it is still there and can be rekindled." She got nervous.

"Edward...I want you to give me a tour. A-Alone." Her voice went back to that of a six year old and she looked up at him with her dry icy eyes. "Please. I-I want to get to know you better.." She went back to looking back at the floor and her words trailed off to the floor too.

That dog had to be one of the sweetest creatures on earth. Again, Cecile had the urge to at least bend over and pet the poor creature. What she really wanted to do was help guide him through the rest of the castle, but his master probably wouldn't think that such a great idea.

"Well, it's to be expected that you don't know our kingdom's customs or anything about our household," explained Cecile. She again flashed a friendly smile, reaching over to lightly touch Evelyn's hand. The girl looked for all the world as if she were about to take off running. It must have been terrible, to be thrust into an unknown environment and told you were to marry a complete stranger. Cecile's heart reached out to the girl. At least she'd gotten lucky in her matching; there were far much worse princes out there than Edward.

The request took Cecile by surprise, and felt much like a blow to the gut. The other princess just heard her brother's inane comments, and had probably figured that she was going to be handed off to the family's "whore" for lessons. Well, she could just... just stumble through this by herself then. it was stupid of Cecile to think that even a princess like Evelyn would think of her in any other way. But she would not cry. No, she could wait until she was out of sight at the least.

"ah yes," agreed Edward. He favored his sister with another smile, either not understanding the dilemma or not seeing it as one. "That is a most wonderful idea. We just felt that you should be allowed to meet your future sister, and that having another female presence would make things easier for you. But you shall be spending plenty of time with Ceci, I'm sure."

Not if Cecile had anything to say about it.

"Sister, if you would please?"

"As you wish, brother," replied Cecile. She dropped into another curtsy and tried not to run as she started away, already filling moisture build in her eyes. So much for bonding with the new family member.

Edward turned his charming smile back upon his bride to be. "Now, where would you like to start? A constitutional in the gardens, perhaps?"

Evelyn stopped and watched Cecile for a moment she could sense an emotion there as she walked away but couldn't tell what it was. "The garden, please. I love plants." She purred and looked around wondering which way the garden was. She then saw a lavish arch and started to walk that way. "Edward, do you think your sister will be up to going out shopping with me? I want to get to know her better and..." She stopped and looked down. "And I thought that...I don't know. I am sorry if I am caught up with her I just don't want any hate with her I mean I think we are gonna get along fine...at least I hope we do and I am sorry I am a little weird and I..." She blushed. "I am talking too much again, I am sorry. I do that so much when I am worried or nervous." Her voice squeaked and she looked down, playing with a piece of her hair.

She wanted to talk to Cecile more than Edward. She didn't know why but something made her want to be close to her. Although Edward was here and he was completely beautiful and wonderful she felt more drawn to his sister. "Can you excuse me? I...need to find Robert." Lie. First lie of their relationship. She quickly ran off and found Robert on the stairs, just sitting there. "Come on." She tapped the heel of her shoe on the stone stair and started to run up them. "Cecile...Cecile!" Her voice wasn't used to yelling and it sounded awful when she did. "Where did you go, my love?" She said softly and picked up Robert, leaning against the wall of the castle. Catching what little breath she could grab in immediate gasps.

"I'm sure you'll love our garden then. It's quite beautiful, known throughout the realms and such. It's become something of a pet project for Ceci of late, though even I have to admit it's breathtaking," explained Edward as he led her that way. Indeed, the roses and plants of the garden were as breathtaking as promised. Everything had been arranged so that the colors meshed perfectly. someone had clearly taken the time to select the most exotic, rarest of flowers and place them in such a manner as to draw forth their natural beauty. Brilliant reds blossomed amid gorgeous yellows, all nestled within a blanket of green. Statuary and such only added to the overall beauty. Even the cobblestones had been placed for maximum visual appeal.

"You can certainly try," offered Edward. He hedged somewhat, not wanting to lie to the poor girl, as he remembered exactly how Cecile had looked as she hurried away. Yet here Evelyn was trying to reach out once more. This was obviously some misunderstanding, and Edward wanted both girls to get along. Besides, he too had noticed something in the glances they'd exchanged. And he couldn't remember the last time that Cecile had stuck her neck out for anyone besides Edward.

"it's perfectly alright. She's about your age, and will doubtless be one of your most constant companions. I'd be caught up and worried as well," Edward tried to soothe. He even laughed as the girl began to fidget with nerves. "And don't concern yourself with your apparent oddities. It makes you quite appealing, and I'm sure that if anyone can help you adapt, Ceci can. Here," he drew a brilliant blue flower and threaded it through Evelyn's hair. "For you..."

The girl still seemed distracted, further confirming Edward's suspicions. He certainly wasn't going to impose, not exactly being in favor of the marriage himself. Plus, Evelyn wasn't exactly his type. When she begged off to locate her loyal hound, he merely nodded, insisting that they would meet later.

Cecile, on the other hand, had already dashed onward. Only a handful of the staff, most oddly loyal to the girl, noticed her dismay, and even they couldn't do much for the princess. One young maid in particular, barely out of her sixteenth year and a major admirer of the princess, looked especially dismayed at seeing the royal's watery eyes.

It was this maid that was nearby as Evelyn paused, and she turned a pleasant smile upon the girl. "You lookin' for th' princess?" she drawled, her accent thing. "Her royalship done took off tha' way. Looked a righ' mess she did though, eyes all watery an' such. If ya hurry, ya can probly catch 'er afore she makes it tae her room..."

the maid pointed in the right direction, half tempted to follow suit. Who was this strange redhead with what appeared to be a blind dog? The prince's new bride?

Evelyn looked at the maid shocked and placed Robert down. "I thank you." She reached out of the folds of her dress and pulled out a gold coin (about equal with a fifty these days) and handed it to her. "Spend it how your hearts desire." She looked at Robert. "Can you find Cecile?" She said softly and started to walk behind the dog who sniffed the floor. It was a while, many stairs, doors, and other random door ways, before she came to Cecile's room. She then took the flower from her hair and looked at it. She had to make this work. "Cecile..I..." She blushed a little. "I think it's too soon for alone time with your brother so please excuse me but I need you to teach me everything you know about him and relationships." Unlike most the rumors and gossip that whispered the halls of all royal buildings, events, and dances were not like her so she had never heard of Cecile before now but she had gotten wind of Edward. She went quiet for a moment, settling her feelings a bit and watching Robert sniff around.

"I don't think he likes me that way and I want to be a good wife and do everything for him. I feel that since you are his sister you can help me out with that." She blushed. "and when it gets to the moment where a kiss is perfect...the timing.." Her eyes dazed off to a scene of one of her many books she had written and read. She had dreamed of that fairy tale kiss. "I want it to be perfect..." She looked over to Cecile and twirled the flower. "I need to be the perfect wife and you gotta help me. I think we can do some stuff later. Please help me at least become a better kisser...I can just talk with him till I get to know the basics..." She stopped. "I am talking ahead of myself. Again." She started to burst out into tears. "I want him to like me...and I want to like him. He is so wonderful."

The maid pocketed the money, quite thrilled at the reward for doing what she would have done anyway. She also made note to start gosssiping about this as soon as she got a chance. This was just too juicy to pass up.

Cecile had barely made it into her room before Evelyn had caught up with her. The tears had started for real, making the princess's face puff up. The water nearly ruined what little makeup Cecile had bothered to put on too. Not like anyone cared how she looked anyway.

Then the voice cut in, making Cecile stiffen. Evelyn had come to find her? Come to her room to ask her about Edward and about relationships? The girl really was strange. And she sounded so very, very lost, and so very, very afraid. Cecile sniffed, wiping her eyes. It had still hurt though... but the other girl had almost immediately come to find her.

"Of course he doesn't like you yet," were the first words out of the princess's mouth. She winced, pressing against the wall as she pulled herself up. "He doesn't know you. and running off to find me isn't going to endear you to him."

So maybe she was being a little harsh. Evelyn had made Cecile cry. "And you're not going to find those perfect moments unless you look for them," now Cecile actually looked up at the other girl. Really all she wanted was help, was that too much to ask for? She was practically begging. "I can try. I'm afraid I don't know much about how to help you with kissing, besides telling you to practice. It's just kind of... something you do," Cecile shrugged. Her first kisses had been awful, sloppy things with horny knights. At least later versions had gotten better. "You can always find a willing scullion or something. You're cute enough that you'll probably charm most of the staff inside a week."

Unlike Cecile, who'd had to work for years and still got nasty looks. She straightened her skirt again, adding a toss to the mess of chocolate curls. "I'll certainly help though. We are to be sisters, after all."

Evelyn blushed and looked down at her shoes and sighed. "Yea I was thinking tomorrow Edward and I could go out horse riding. I have never been but it would be nice, the sun is so bright here and the wind is calm...It would be nice..." She looked up at her when she offered to teach her to kiss. But her own new sister? Was it right? She slide over next to her in the bed and shrugged. "I guess so...There is no rules against it."

She wiped the left over tears from Cecile's face. "You shouldn't cry...it makes you look too sad." She leaned in a little closer and smiled. "I'm here now so there is never any need to cry." She didn't really know much about kissing but if it was a complete rush then she had that part down. Her heart was beating faster and her mind went clouded, preventing her from thinking.

Horse riding? "Certainly not a bad idea," agreed Cecile. "Edward loves horses, and it would allow you a better view of your new home."

Once more Cecile brought forth that idea that Evelyn had entered a new place. She winced to think of it; could she put on such a face in the same circumstances? It was unlikely that she would be matched, with her reputation. Her best prospects were minor nobles looking to increase their titles. And even those would hardly be faithful. As if it mattered; Cecile cared little for the affections of most men. Slobbering fools who didn't know what to do with what had been granted them.

Evelyn touched Cecile, making the older princess blink, nearly stiffening. She looked at the other girl. Why was she so close? But... at this distance, Cecile could better see the other girl. There was beauty hiding there. It wasn't as evident when you first looked at the girl. You just saw those freckles, the silliness, the features. Yet there was something deeper there, just beneath the surface of that fine skin. Part of it had to be the girl's kindness. Or maybe it was something else. Odd, but just looking at her, feeling the proximity, nearly made a blush rise to Cecile's cheeks.

"I--I wasn't crying," she chose, lying. She again drew a sleeve across her face, pretending as though she still couldn't feel where the other girl's finger had just been. "Something must have gotten in my eye. I'll have to talk to the staff about cleaning this place."

Cecile reached to dust off her dress. Nothing left, of course, but it was the motion that counted. But while she did it, she said, "You could look beautiful, you know. It's in your face. We just need to work on you a little more."

Evelyn smiled and pressed her finger to Cecile's lips. "You can tell me this stuff later." She leaned in and kissed her, using her lips to guide her way into it. It was with feeling that Evelyn could understand. Love. She had fallen in love. It was in that she used her tongue to guide it's way into Cecile's mouth, trying to do her best to impress her with just this kiss. After all she was the teacher.

She needed this. Her body wanted this. Her heart sped up. Edward please understand. Cecile was beautiful and simple but never could she tell her what this kiss meant. Does Cecile feel the same? Of course not. Cecile was doing nothing more than helping her.

Evelyn pulled away from the kiss before it got too good. "I'm sorry, Cecile. It's great..really it's great...That was my first kiss. Does it count?..You know as my first even if it's with you." She wanted to say it was wonderful and amazing and how well she did. She put everything she had into that kiss but couldn't find it in her to trace the feelings of Cecile's.

So that's what kissing was supposed to be like. Soft, with those lips just pressing against Cecile's for the moment. At first the older princess stiffened, her eyes as wide as saucers. For one thing, girls didn't kiss one another. For another, princesses didn't kiss one another. For a final, people generally didn't kiss once they'd just met. They certainly didn't kiss like this. Cecile could feel Evelyn's lips moving about hers, the embrace loving. The redhead's tongue slid into Cecile's mouth, and the unsuspecting princess welcomed it, parting her lips to allow the intrusion. Her eyes closed for the moment, relishing the softness, the sensation. Better, she could feel that the other girl actually loved her. How could you fall for someone so fast?

Just as things were beginning to get truly good, Evelyn pulled back. Cecile almost complained about it, until her eyes opened. There, once more, was the cute redhead who'd stumbled out of a carriage. Her brother's fiance. She'd just taken her brother's bride to be's first kiss. Odd, but she felt guilty for betraying her brother, but not for kissing Evelyn.

"It counts," Cecile nearly blurted. She bit her lip, averting her eyes. Selfish of her to want to claim such a thing from the other girl, but she would. "And you are remarkably good at it, Evelyn. I'm certain my brother will be pleased," Cecile was. So pleased that she was tempted to go for a second, to show the other girl that she, too, held some affection for her. "But you do realize that we,' she swallowed, "can only have lessons and such. We are to be sisters, not," she bit her lip. Lovers. She couldn't say the word. "Besides, girls simply don't kiss other girls. Even for practice. It's quite alright, since you seem confused. But we..." no, Cecile couldn't say it. she should, but she didn't want to.

So she swallowed instead, shifting toward the end of her bed. "Where's Robert? Wasn't he with you?"

Evelyn looked at Cecile, finding a mixture of emotions and hesitation. She was pleased that Edward would be happy about this. "Thank you so much..You're wonderful..You really are." She spoke softly and looked back down at her hands. "Of course it's...just practice nothing more. Two of the same gender being together is a sin and just wrong." She said coldly and at the mention of Robert started to look around.

"He must be exploring. Don't worry he will follow my scent. Can you tell me some of the things your brother likes? I was thinking of freezing flowers in honey. He loved the garden doesn't he? I am a pro at making them...I want to make one for you too. As a gift you know for helping me? What's your favorite flower?" Honey in this kingdom was pricey due to the extreme lack of it due to the killing off of bees.

She never guessed that she would be a person to fall in love with someone without knowing much about them but to her beliefs it was possible. She wanted to do nothing but be there and hold Cecile and listen to everything she had to say. But that was wrong. "I'm Edward's." She whispered, somewhat thinking about loud.

"You just think I'm wonderful because you don't know me yet," teased Cecile. The other girl was just so adorable. Hearing her talk about it being so wrong just made Cecile nearly flinch. Made all the more worse because she knew she'd enjoyed their kiss, brief though it was. Maybe she could convince Evelyn to try again sometime soon...

No, those were bad thoughts. Cecile needed to think of something else. The talk about the garden got her attention, but instead of agreeing, she giggled. "He hate the garden," she told Evelyn. "I'm the one who won't shut up about it. I worked a good deal on making it beautiful. About the only thing he likes about the garden is how easy it is to bring people there to seduce."

indeed, she'd caught her brother there on a few walks herself. He maintained that it was one of the only places in the castle you could get away with such things. Most girls' hearts melted just looking at it, and hardly anyone went there. even their parents contended that the place had some magic about it.

"I like the softer, pretty flowers. Not like roses or anything, more like, daisies and such," confessed Cecile. She paused, studying Evelyn. Something was... wrong. Emotions warred over the girl's face, as if she struggled mightily with something. The words let Cecile know just what. "You're mine too," she said without thinking. Before it could go too far, she hastily added, "My sister to be, remember? And I'll be giving you lessons and such, to make certain you're prepared..."

Evelyn didn't feel safe knowing that Edward had a chance of being unfaithful. She growled a little and sighed. It couldn't be helped but this is the epic thanks she gets for falling in love with his sister. Karma. "I thank you so much, Cecile. You have been nothing but kind to me." She got up and smiled, a sweet and gentle one. "I will see you at dinner. I have flowers to look for. One that says Cecile." She giggled and started to walk out the room.

Robert was quick to poke his head out from under the bed and nudge Cecile's leg before running after his owner.

When she got back out to the garden and looked around and sighed. "Edward must of left...." She whispered and sat down on the bench, looking through different flowers. All of this was made from Cecile's love. All of it. How beautiful.

"You're easy to be kind to," replied Cecile. Why had Evelyn growled just then? Could the comment about Edward have bothered her? The girl really must not know how most relationships among royals worked. Poor thing was in for an absolutely horrible education.

Cecile watched the other princess leave, sighing and resisting the urge to blush at the comment. A flower that says Cecile. It would have to be an ugly thing that didn't want anyone to look at it. Probably looked really out of place for flowers too.

At least Robert had appeared, that mischievous dog. Cecile had watched him too, realizing that she'd known them both for only a few hours at most, and they'd already wormed their way into her heart. Certainly not a good thing, as there were far too many hurdles to overcome. Sighing, Cecile laid back, letting her curls spread out around her and flop over her face. Already complicated. well, at least she didn't have to worry about her brother's bride not liking her. That much was already decided.

The maid, the nosy girl who'd directed Evelyn, had watched for a while, though she forced herself to look quite busy the moment Evelyn walked by. She watched the new princess with evident interest and a smile. About time that someone could actually kiss Cecile and make the girl happy. Most of the staff would be thrilled. If only they could figure out a way to help move things in the right direction...

The maid scurried off, heading toward the garden with an idea.

Edward, in case anyone was still interested, had indeed wandered off. He'd figured that since his bride was distracted, he might as well find something better to do. In this case, he passed orders along to the cooks, telling them what to prepare for the welcoming feast. He also spent some time examining various servants, sorrowful that he would have to keep himself under control.

No one would bother Evelyn in the garden, for a while. Servants generally avoided the area, as it was supposed to be a private area for the royals. One particular servant (yes, that one), was peeking about, trying to figure out what was going on.

Evelyn had found a flower and took a ribbon from her dress and tied a bow around it, to at least keep it alive till she prepared the honey. She then looked around for a servant but found none so she would have to get the honey herself.

Without much of a thought she took out a cigarette and lit it. She coughed a few times then sucked in the heavy smoke and stood up by the hive. She pressed her lips to the entrance and blew in slowly then stood back and did it once more, quickly this time and ran away from the hive a good hundred feet. The bees lingered around the hive for a moment so she came back and blew more smoke till they vanished almost entirely. She knew the queen was still in there and she knew what she could do with that bee.

After a few moments she had her jar and had cut and placed the flower inside the jar. The honey was amazingly warm and the queen bee sat next to her on a piece of honeycomb Evelyn had taken the honey out of already. The process took no more than twenty minutes and a sticky dress later but soon she found a water lily which was more pretty than the daisy she had found so she used that. It sat sideways in the jar so it could float facing you and the design was fully viewable. She would of painted the flower but all her paints were at home.

"I love you, Cecile." She said to herself, no one but Robert would of hear that and that was because he was on her lap looking at the honey too, taking his own share of the left over honey.

When Evelyn was completely done she put the queen bee, some of the honey and the hive back up on the tree, the bees would figure it out sooner or later when they came back. One came back soon and stung her but she had done this so much she was used to it. She went back and picked up her jar. "Cecile would love it." She smiled happily and whistled for Robert. "Let's go clean up for dinner. We are both sticky." She laughed and started on her way back to the castle, slightly sunburned at that when she saw a servant. "Oh hello. Was I interfering with your work? I am so sorry." She said bashfully.

The maid did her best to semi-spy on the new princess. The girl was... odd, to say the least. From whipping out what appeared to be tobacco to capturing bees to getting honey all over her dress. The maid, straight as she was, could see the appeal in the girl though. she was much like a child, only more striking and obviously more beautiful. Plus, she apparently already loved Cecile, from the comments. The whole thing certainly sounded like a fairy tale... only with two girls. Just a little detail to overcome, and one that didn't bother the maid in the slightest.

The maid almost jumped as Evelyn greeted her, but instead tried to take interest in the nearest possible piece of wall. that it happened to be absolutely spotless certainly didn't help her with a cover story. Instead, she turned to beam at the princess.

"Ah was jus' wanderin' by an' saw ye doin' your work. Nothin' harm or anyfin," insisted the girl, dropping into a curtsy. "An' I thought I should mention, jus' ta pass the time, tha' the princess's favorite color is yellow. Says its right cheery she does. Oh!" the girl clapped her hands, an idea coming on. "Would ye like a maid ta help ye wit' gettin' ready an' such? I sometimes pitch in fir her highness an' even her queenship. I could do you a right turn, if ye would like."

the girl winked, waving for Evelyn to start walking. They'd have to hurry to get all that stickiness off in time for the ball. Charming or no, it had to go. Besides, the maid was already secretly planning just how to make Evelyn catch Cecile's eye. Shouldn't be too hard, the girl was already quite appealing, and you couldn't miss that hair if you were blind.

Evelyn blushed a little, "I am here for Edward and him only." She played dumb but her face told it all as she held the jar closer to her chest, no her heart. "I would like to dress for him tonight. This dinner is announcing that we will soon wed. I don't see what Cecile has to do with that." The words were vicious and mean. She looked down at the ground, the maid was one of the few that had something else to worry about other than spreading rumors.

"I'm sorry but Cecile and I can't happen at this rate. I am meant for Edward and him only. Now do you know his favorite color?" She said softly and kept following her, the cool air that rushed into and out of the castle made the honey harden. She even noticed Robert complaining from it. "I told you not to. You ate it anyway." She said to Robert who just barked and kept walking.

Still she thought about Edward who most likely wasn't a virgin and had already have his first kiss. Evelyn felt like a child. Never taking much interests in sex, even when reaching the age where she should of. "Edward is too experienced for me." She whispered softly. "I can't pleasure him as a wife! I am horrible! He thinks I am a freak. Maid, you saw me right? Smoking and taking down bee hives? I am not an avid smoker, just I take down bee hives so randomly I need to be prepared. I don't even know where Edward's room is."

"'course ye are," agreed the maid. Which was why the girl turned such a fine shade of crimson at the mere suggestion. And something told the maid that Evelyn wouldn't be quite that cruel or short given such little provocation. If she did, then she wasn't worth Cecile's affections anyway.

"Righ', ye should dress in blue then," offered the maid, hardly breaking stride. They'd have to hurry if they were to get things ready. Hopefully the other princess was still willing to take the maid's help in that regard. There was always a chance that the suggestion could have ended their tentative relationship then and there. The questions and looks still struck the maid as odd, but that seemed to already be the general opinion of this girl. Wasn't as if many princesses had a blind dog following them about, which they talked to. And there was the whole smoking out a honeycomb thing.

"Nae, ye should be able ta pleasure 'im alrigh' as a wife, if you be lookin' to do so," replied the maid. She flashed an encouraging smile over her shoulder, one that would look almost cute, were it not for the unevenness of the teeth they displayed. "You just have to be learnin' is all. Sure enough we can find you a good learner if we just look enough. Plenty of ladies are going to be wanting to be in your favor, your worship."

A handful of the other staff members walked past the two. More than one gave the princess a strange look, doubtless wondering just what creature their prince was marrying. almost as many gave the maid a look that demanded a later explanation. The lass simply returned smiles and nods all around, obviously a little pleased to be helping out the visitor already.

Back
Top Bottom