Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Assassin of Kings ((Mister Grimm and Scathach))

Kaiden stood in the archery range, his bow in hand and his hood up on this, a crisp morning. There was a fresh layer of snow on the ground and the sun was just beginning to rise in the east. His eyes had a faint golden shine from under his dark hood. The target he was shooting at was riddled with arrow, all in the bullseye and some were split down the middle. Kaiden smirked and shouldered his bow. He walked towards a straw dummy and drew his sword. It had an almost supernatural sound to it as it was drawn from his sheath. The blade was engraved with various small symbols, the pommel of the sword was in the shape of a wolves head, it's maw open and full of teeth. Kaiden spun and did a precise strike, slicing the dummy right in half. He grinned and stuck the tip of the blade into the dummy's head, lifting it up. The man was a master with a bow, a master with a sword. He was very mysterious compared to his men. No one knew much about his background, he just seemed to appear one day.....

Salean was looking out one of the palace windows at the snow on the ground out side, she gave a little huff at it and turned around, she didn't like the cold, she was a summer child born in the mid of the warmest season and a personality to match. The only daughter to King Edward, she was a sweet young lady, she had just turned 21 but still had a heart of a child, free spirited and wild hearted, she always longed for the sens of adventure and deep down maybe even love. But that was the last thing on her mind right now, right now she was bored, with the cold weather coming in she couldn't do the things she really liked, so she pondered to her self as she walked down the hall in to the main entrance of the palace.

She looked around at all the people and smiled softly at thews who greeted her, She was beautiful in most sens but she did not see it nor cared to notice it most of the time, she was waring a semi-long dress with black tights underneath it and knee high riding boots, her hair was really long and cherry blond, falling past down her rear with natural curls and ringlets complimenting her ends, as she looked around, her bright green eyes staring at all the people her cheeks a rosy red, her skin a milky pink, she stood out amongst most crowds even when she tried to hide, she never could.

She quickly moved to the back door of the main entrance and grabbed an old servants cloke as she ran out to the back stables, putting on the cloke as quickly as she could before anyone noticed her, she needed to get away for a while, some were, any were and clear her mind, maybe go and hunt something or just go shoot some arrows at some random hand made targets, she never liked to be kept in doors, it bored her, who knows? she thought to her self like she always did, maybe today is the day an adventure comes my way! She giggled at the thought as she got on to the horse and rode off towards the archery range.

((Reference pic --> http://annawilliamson.com/2010/03/31/fairy-tale-princess-lighting-test/ Sorry agen for the long wait!!))

Kaiden moved towards target full of arrows, taking out the arrows that weren't broken. He smiled and slipped the arrows into his quiver, feeling very proud of his skill with a bow. He was unmatched with a bow and even more so with a sword. He had skill that only years of constant training could achieve. He was built like a stone wall. He was muscular but also lean. He looked more like an athlete then a soldier. The soldiers were all muscle, meant for being brutal fighters.

Kaiden moved like a ghost, almost floating as he moved. His cloak flowed gracefully as he moved. He almost seemed like a dream. His eyes shimmered gently beneath his hood, his eyes just out of sight. He stopped moving as he heard footsteps and turned to see a vision of beauty. A woman of unimaginable beauty. Kaiden smiled gently and bowed gently. "Greetings Lady Salen" he said in a polite manner. His voice was warm and smooth, like a warm campfire on a winter day. His accent was strange, almost like that of the common tongue. It was as though he didn't speak it as a primary language, more like he'd learned it many years and had used it so much it was starting to fuse with his mother language.

She froze when she heard a voice, a warm voice, she had not expected anyone to be here at this time of the season, she looked up from under her hood, her bright green eyes wide with surprise as she said "Oh!... hello!.. um i wasn't expecting anyone to be here!" when her eyes fell upon the man she smiled, he was hansom, she quickly took a deep breath to contain herself and lowered her hood.

She walked over to the side of the archery and pulled out a small bow from behind one of the targets along with a quiver of arrows, glancing over at him every once and a while as she did so, wondering who he was. She walked back over to him while she spoke in her soft tender voice "So... you know who i am that is apparent but i do not know who you are.... so.... whats your name?" she stopped just in front of him with the bow in hand and the quivers in the other and looked up at him smiling lightly.

Kaiden smiled a bit as she froze. The weather was cold but his form was a nice contrast. He smiled as she seemed surprised, her bright green eyes surprised as she said hello. "I understand. The winters can be harsh but for a Ranger it is nothing" he said with a chuckle. He kept his eyes hidden beneath the hood as she reveal her face. He smiled and stood before her; his body perfectly formed, as though he had been carved from stone. He smiled as she took a deep breath, seeming to be enjoying how he looked.

He smiled as she walked to the range and pulled a small bow along with a quiver. He smiled. "Oh of course, how rude of me. My name is Kaiden, I am Ranger to your father, Lord Edward" he said with a chuckle. He offered a slight bow as she stood in front of him, bow and quiver in hand. "Ah a fellow archer aye? A bit of surprise for such a vision of beauty to be an archer" he said with a chuckle. Kaiden didn't normally talk so much, just something about her got him talking.

She blushed as he called her a beauty and smirked when he asked her about being a fellow archer, she shrugged still smirking "I do it to pass the time.... nothing specular really." She didn't like to brag, she was a decent shot yes but she would never just say it, "and as for being surprised..... why would you be surprised?..." she raised an eye brow at him questioningly with a slight smirk, then walked over to a target and set it up.

She walked back over to were Kaiden stood and drew out and arrow from her quiver and drawing it back in to her bow, pulling it up to her face, the end of the arrow ever so lightly touching her cheek, she closed one eye and aimed with the other, taking a small deep breath and as she breathed out, released the arrow at the target, hitting dead in the center, she smirked and turned back to him "lucky i guess.."

Kaiden smiled a bit as she blushed and at her smirk as she said she did it to pass the time. He chuckled as she asked why he would be surprised. "It's just a surprise I suppose. I didn't think that you would be an archer" he said with a grin. He watched as she drew an arrow and prepared it, letting it fly and hit the target. He grinned as she smirked and turned to him. "Oh is that what their calling it now a days?" he asked with a grin and a chuckle. He smiled as she seemed a bit confident in her abilities. Kaiden raised his bow and drew an arrow from his quiver, he let the arrow fly and in a quick succession, let a second arrow fly as the arrow impacted the target.

Salean watched Kaiden and giggled as he laughed, she liked his smile, he was hansom and in her mind quite mysterious and something about him screamed adventure, she smiled more at this thought and continued to watch him as he drew his bow and shot the target and raised an eye brow as he quickly shot another in quick succession. She snicked lightly and nodded "Impressive if i don't say myself.." She then quickly drew out another arrow from her quiver and raised her bow, looking over at the target for no more then a half second before letting the arrow fly, hitting her first one down the middle splitting it and sending shards of the broken arrow flying to the ground.

She slowly turned and faced Kaiden agen with a full on grin on her face now and gave him a little shrug "Ok... so I have been doing it sins I was three... never cared for the mundane things." She walked over to the fence line and leaned up against it, checking him out as she put her bow down and folded her arms while leaning back, he really was hansom indeed, she blushed at that thought and quickly said "How long have you been with a bow in your hands? From your skills..." she smirked agen "I would say a long while."

Kaiden smiled as she split an arrow down the middle. "Seven hells girl. You are an excellent archer" he said with a chuckle. Her snickering made him smiled as she then admitted that she had been doing this since she was 3 and that she didn't care much for the mundane things of royal life. He chuckled as she leaned against the wall. He walked to the target and retrieved his arrows, smiling as she asked how long he had a bow in hand. "I've been an archer for the better part of my life. Since I was about 4 or 5" he said with a chuckle. Kaiden had been trained since he was strong enough to hold a sword. He however wasn't going to be telling that story any time soon.

Salean smiled still looking him over as he retrieved his arrows and giggled at his chuckle, he sher was chipper she thought to herself "So you have some tricks then that you could teach me that I might not already now?" She was deeply intrigued by this man and wanted to know more. She pushed herself away from the fence and picked her bow back up, walking over to him and smiled "well? teach me something new!" she gave him a sweet little smile "Please??"

She stood there with her bow and arrows in hand, looking at him with a smirk, he really was hansom she kept thinking to her self, blushing lightly, she was carouse, if he was as good as she thought maybe he could teach her a new trick or two. She glanced around the archery and noticed that it was only them there and smiled agen, she didn't have to act like a princesses at the moment so she crossed her arms and continued to look up at him with a smirk "well are you going to teach me or not?"

Kaiden smiled a bit as she asked if he had any tricks he could teach her. He chuckled as she gave him a smile, asking him to teach her something new. Honestly, he didn't know many tricks, nothing useful anyway. He thought for a moment and decided that perhaps she has never hit a moving target. He smiled a little and approached her slowly, watching as she crossed her arms before her chest, smirking as she asked if he was going to teach her or not. "I may have a trick for you. Tell me, have you had any practice shooting a moving target?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Kaiden was more then able to teach her to hit a moving target. In particular, an apple. If you could hit an apple mid flight, you could his just about any moving target with ease.

As he moved a little closer to her, her heart skipped a beat, that was different she thought, never had that happen before when it came to a man, why him she blushed and looked him over still, thought reeling threw her head, she smirked "I could use some pointers on how to shoot a moving target, iv done it before but I am not that good at it" she lied a bit, she was a fare shot even with a moving target but still she wanted to be closer to him, something inside of her was drawing her to him and she let it.

She took a step closer to him, her heart still fluttering and her cheeks still red and stepped in front of him, she set down her quiver and pulled out an arrow, drawing it back in her bow and looked over her shoulder at him smiling "what shall i be shooting first then?" she looked in to his faint golden eyes under his hood, here bright green eyes and cherry blond hair blowing softly in the wind.

Back
Top Bottom