Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

U.S. Government Shut-down

It's a shame e can't just impeach everyone in both houses and start from scratch, and even though I'm not exactly an Obama fan, I've grown to the idea that the only thing the speaker of the house is supposed to do is always be on the opposite side of the president.
How long it will last?....probably a week
I find it amusing that we were never threatened with our nation going on shutdown, or at the very least, as often as Obama was elected....coincidence?

It was inevitable, really; the way the adminstration's been handling shit, there was no doubt that someone was going to give Obama the big 'fuck you' and fight him tooth and nail.

Naturally, both parties are to blame and this just serves as another example as to why there should be publically funded elections (i.e. no more political action groups pretending to be 'social welfare organizations'). Doesn't really help that most people seem to be nothing more than sheep these days, either.

As for how long it will last...A week at most; even John McCain said they'd have to give to Democrats' demands for a funding bill (read, raising the debt ceiling....again). And then everyone in Congress will just vote to give themselves a pay raise or some shit for 'avoiding disaster'.

no shit....all the so called elected officials patting themselves on the back while the working class gets fucked and penalized if we refuse to pay out for Obamacare....at least if a whore gets fucked she gets paid....

Shakes head

Yeah, it's things like this which have made me officially become what I call a Selective in religion and politics.

I'm not pro-Republican nor pro-Democratic as both sides just irk me with certain beliefs and such.

And now we see neither house can even do what is supposed to be their damn jobs.

It's incredibly frustrating, really. It only adds onto me wishing I weren't on SSI. I wouldn't say I'd be perfect, but I could definitely have a more mature mindset and handle on this than most of the others.

I wish we could just start from scratch also, beginning with getting rid of the incompetent people and finding better ones to replace the former people. But of course, it isn't that simple.

I agree with Razgriz though even before Obama became President, I'd say most of the decision handling - with almost everything really - has been absolutely horrible. We're making, for the most part, the very wrong and worst decisions ... and that just proves it.

Hopefully, this will be over sooner as opposed to later. Thankfully, all conflicts are like a story; they all have an ending, regardless of how fast or slow it's revealed. This can't and won't go on forever. But for the duration, we all - reluctantly - have to grin and bear the fact that too many people don't know what the hell they are or aren't doing and wait simultaneously.

The recent republican mess is due to the long term campaign of self cannibalisation amongst the party, driving it harder and harder into the fringe territories. This has been brought about by the purging of moderate republicans willing to negotiate and compromise and rampant gerrymandering to protect seats while denying others.

Honestly this will hurt them, they are destroying lives with this stunt and even if they got their own way they would only do it again the next time something didn't go their way. As for why it'll hurt them, historically the party that causes the closing of the federal government has been hurt, I can't believe they're so short sited they think they're free from harm when they weren't under Clinton.

Now though if I had my way I'd scrap the system and implement a parliament that could actually foster multi-parties so politicians have to be a little more sane and willing to negotiate. That and gerrymandering, that right there along with voter ID laws lead to lots of stupid shit.

I don't live in the US. And it's been a minor hobby of mine to routinely make fun of the US government. But not now. This is the day I stopped.

Because it's not funny any more.

It's a god damned disgrace to be honest. I understand that politics are an interestly broekn system to have to work with but when politics for the sake of politics start forcing an actual government shut down, it's time to take another look at the system. And from where I'm sitting, the system is so badly broken that I don't even know where to begin with fixing it, except at the very bottom, and rework the entire thing.

A multi-party parliament is a good idea, as opposed to the two party circus that currently exists, though I'll be the first to admit that even multiparty parliament can cause a glorious shit storm as well.

The fact of the matter is...I don't think democracy actually works very well as a governing system. But unfortunately, I also don't have a better alternative. And it's the best we've tried so far.

I'm sure they can; but with the current mess we're having we could just call it kaput and open elections for a new parliament.

It is over now.. but anyone who thinks that one party is to blame over another are mindless sheep. What it is is more evidence that the best thing in the world is if we amend the Constitution where we have term limits and caps on both perks and benefits (not always the same) as well as elected official salaries, caps on election spending, and make it where you are disqualified if you are either a big drug company stock holder or exec, a banker, a lawyer, a union/community organizer, a lobbyist, or a trust fund baby. That last one would disqualify at least 70 Senators and 300 members of the House in one swoop.. because they are the ones in Congress to blame for Congress' part in the shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom