Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Experimentation

starlit raven

Super-Earth
The room was very bland. White walls, tiled floors, a monitor on a desk, the sound of computers running. But a feeling crept over the room, like everything was weighed down, like the air was a heavy tangible thing. Into the room walked a scientist, two guards, and the girl they were holding between them. She was Raven Rieko, and the source of this uncomfortable feeling the others felt.

She was very beautiful to the casual observer. She was thin, with soft curves in the right places and toned muscles. Her body was like that of a dancer, small and petite, shorter than the average woman only standing about 5 feet, maybe a little more. Her hair was pitch black like her name sake, long and silken. In contrast her skin was smooth and very fair. Her movements were sharp but graceful, like a bird of prey.

On closer observation there was clearly something wrong with this girl. The damage was not on the beautiful exterior, but something clearly sick in the mind. There were hints in her eyes that were as contradictory as her black hair and white skin; the left eye a dull silvery gray, her blind eye. The right was a bright yet deep brilliant sapphire. It was like a jewel, cold and fiery. Her eyes held the look of utmost confidence. Her mouth distorted the picture. Raven’s trademark grin, that little smirk of twisted madness. Combined with the opposing eyes she was an enigma, a crazed being that instilled fear. She was the smallest creature in the room, but with that look, how could she be anything but a god?

“We’ve been waiting for you, Raven.” The scientist spoke, his voice calm and cool.
“I could tell. Your men have been extremely adamant in trying to catch me lately, no matter how many times I tear them to shreds.” She said her grin widening. Her words were slightly slurred, and her pupils dilated. They had drugged her to keep her powers under control. It was no secret that Raven had killed many Agents, those that tracked down the illegal mutants and turned them in. She had probably killed more than any other, but those records were not disclosed. Her murders were just so violent that it was hard to keep quiet. “I’m sure your boss hasn’t been happy about that.”

The scientist frowned harshly. “Take her away. Strip her down and put her in cell 7-B.” They carried her off, Raven laughing madly. “We’re going to have so much fun together!”

The cell was dank and thickly reinforced with a heavy iron grate across the front of it that was electrified to the touch. This was Cell 7-A, the one next to the one they were bringing Raven to. The guards were also keeping away from that one, due to the fact it's inhabitant blatantly terrified them, one that'd been experimented on already a few times. And was currently nearly completely unstoppable if he got released, one of the mutants with a regeneratory ability. But this one bordered on the godly, wounds would begin to heal within seconds of being inflicted. Except burns and electrical damage, those slowed him down and took longer to heal. Which was why the grating was crackling with a charge, not enough to kill someone but enough to seriously hurt. When the two guards opened the door to cell they put Raven into, there was a noticeable difference, hers was more sterile and kept clean.

While her neighbor's wasn't as maintained at least there wasn't a stench. But one of them got too close to the bars and visibly jolted away from the bars as they suddenly came alive with something slamming into it. She might've gotten a view of what happened, if fshe did she'd have seen a caramel skintoned arm shoot out of the bars and try to to grab the guard, a hand tipped with sharp looking claws or fingernails grown into them. "Whoa holy shit!" the guy said, dancing away and panted to calm himself.

"Let me out of here you bastard." came a growling voice, deep but smooth.

"Not a chance. We still haven't cleaned up the bloodstains from the last time a rookie made that mistake." the guard sneered.

"I remember him, he was most tasty." the voice chuckled, eliciting a visible shudder as the guards shifted their attention to the newest visitor.

"Have fun in there." the man grinned at RAven and rather boldly eyed her and smirked wider. "if you didn't have those godawful powers you'd be a ripe dish." he said and laughed, the door shutting securely and locking biometrically to keep her in and block her powers from being able to reach through them. Her cell had a reinforced glass wall bordering her neighbor's that had the light inside shattered, rendering it dark in there.

Jaden was pacing back and forth, patting his bare chest where the bars had contacted his skin. With the light from her cell it was visible that he was taller than her: about 5'10" with extremely long, thick hair with hard, toned muscles and moved with teh grace of a deadly feline predator. "Let me guess, you got stupid adn caught as well?" He asked her after his wounds began to heal.

Raven had her normal clothes removed (black of course, her color of choice) and replaced with a plain dress one might be wearing at a mental hospital. She hadn't flinched or moved at all when her neighbor lunged for the guard, just given a look of vague interest. When he mentioned that the last guard was tasty she laughed, the tinge of madness still in her voice. "Don't worry about me." she said quietly to the guard that eyed her. Her voice dropped to whisper. "If he doesn't kill you the next time, I will." she grinned menacingly and walked into her cell.

She leaned against the far wall, combing her long hair with her fingers and casually glancing over at the occupant next door. Her eyes narrowed at his accusation, the mis-matched eyes cold and deadly. "Got stupid? I let them catch me. They kept sending more and more Agents and eventually they were going to catch me in my sleep or something. Now I can kill them from the inside, so to speak...you should be more respectful to your neighbors." she added with a frown.

He looked at her with an amused gleam in his gleaming ruby red eyes. "I've never had a neighbor before so I don't know how to do that. I've never gotten it myself." He pointed out and sat back down leaning his back up against the wall and watched her for a few moments, studying her; her appearance; how she moved; all of it. His glare was somewhat intense but not quite rude, crude or lewd; just curious. "I wish I could, everytime I try to kill them from in here they keep hitting me with those damn tasers which throws my shapeshifting abilities into whack and I randomly change back and forth for a few minutes." He sighed. "And then there's the Ketamine..." he said with an almost embarassed tone.

Ketamine? That was something you used on animals... not humans. But they were mutants so he was probably not quite entirely human. "I don't actually have a name, I was never given one but everyone here just calls me Jaden." he said and relaxed back for a few minutes. "I'd give anything to get out of this cell adn back out into the world." He lamented after a few moments and tilted his head back to look up at the ceiling thinking. "Sorry about what I said, I didn't really mean to be rude. Just most of the others did something dumb to get caught."

She shrugged. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure this environment doesn't exactly foster hospitality.." She glanced around at her surroundings. It reminded her of when she was a kin the the metal hospital. It smelled the same, she was even sure that the dress was the same style. She had burned that place down to the ground before they found out what she was.

I think they got me on that stuff too. It messes with my powers, and give me a shit headache when I try to use the. Puts a little kink in my plans but I'm sure we will make it out." she had said we, including him already. He was like her, another mutant. "It's not that anyone is stupid either. They just aren't properly trained. Its hard when you can't practice, even to control your powers."

Her mind had wandered a bit, and her eyes came to focus on him again. "I'm Raven Rieko. Nice to meet you." she wondered if her name would elicit some kind of response. She was infamous, especially in the mutant community. Some revered her, other despised her.

"Ketamine? No it wouldn't effect you." he said plainly. "It's stuff they use on animals as tranquilzer, but since I'm, what I am. It instead just makes me really really high." He said. "they probably used a standard power suppressor on you." he continued and shifted around some to get comfortable on the hard floor. Unlike her, he didn't have a bed or something to sleep on, just the cold bare floor. It was terribly unfair but they were afraid to put one in there. "Well my powers all came on at puberty, now THAT was chaotic. I'm surprised they didn't catch me back then." he said. "Then again that was almost 15 years ago." He said. 15 years? but he only lookedl ike he was maybe 21 or so! What the hell kind of mutant was he. Perhaps to her surprise, he didn't react to her name with any amount of surprise or shock. Stemming from the fact that he lived alone for the most part or cut off from society on either side of the fence.

"There's a way out and it's basically whenever they open that door to feed you or simply take you away for experiments. That's how I got out last time. That's when they electrified this grate." he said, throwing a metal bar at it and grinned as it stuck to teh grate and was glowing with electricity before being violently hurled away. "That drug in your system should wear off after an hour or so, try it then."

She laughed. "I've seen kids pop their dog's pills to get high. Trust me, it works on humans. But I'll take your word for it that I'm not on that." she stretched a bit, and walked around her cell. "15 years ago? Jesus you're an old fart." she didn't appear surprised. It was only logical, since he could regenerate. She was disappointed though that he didn't know who she was. "There were still protests against mutant laws back then. Probably slowed them down a bit."

She watched when he threw the bar at the the gate, pressing up against the glass that separated the rooms. She could feel the electricity, just as she could feel him and the room around her. She could feel every particle of matter, and she could normally control it. That was what gave the room such a heavy feeling. "I guess. A little early for that though, I just got here." she said, and looked at the glass she was against. "Can you break this?" she asked, gesturing to the glass.

It wasn't so much that he could regenerate, but his race had extraordinarily long lives well up to about fifteen hundred years at the maximum for some reason. He sighed and looked at her, idly pulling at the metriazo collar around his neck, a pretty silver thing that was creating a small electrical field that was suppressing his stronger powers. "I probably could but what would be the point, it'd just mean that our rooms would be joined....." He said and broke off, thinking. "but that would mean that you'd get out of your container there adn could dismantle my iron gate to release both of us right?" He smirked at her.

"I could get us both out of here just as easily if you could remove this damn collar though. I can't use any of my better powers with it on." he said and stood up agian and put his hand to the glass barrier and felt it out looking for weaknesses. "the moment I shatter it, there's going to be an alarm that'll bring them running. If you got in here could you use your powers enough to hold it together to make it look like nothing happened?" he asked her.

"This shit is still messing with my head, I won't be able to do much. Every time I try to use my powers it feels like my head will explode. And knowing me, that could actually be happening." she glanced at his collar, sensing the electric field around it. It was small, something she could easily disrupt. "I'll get that collar off of you. And I might be able to hold the glass together, probably won't be perfect though. I won't be able to do anything else though, and they will see that there is something wrong with me and they will come in. That is when you will have to get us both out." she said both because she knew that she would be very debilitated during the whole ordeal. The drugs made her powers turn inward, against herself. The more effort she put in, the more it harmed her. She would be weak and he would have to do the heavy lifting.

"It'd be better than waiting here to get poked and prodded again." He said and backed off and squared his shoulders and stretched out a bit. "Back away from the glass." he gestured and delivered a crushing, superhuman punch to a weak point in it, causing it to shatter into small pieces like tempered glass would. "well so much for fixing the hole.." he said ruefully and offered her a hand to get through it, actually rather politely. But those claws on his fingers made it look threatening if you wanted to take it that way. He lookedl ike it hurt to do that too with the collar reacting and crackling with ionic energy. Once she was through and took the collar off he was going to hug her and do a lateral time jump: Ie teleport them out of the cells. But that'd be all he could do with his it until his powers returned after a good sleep.

"I can get us out after you get the collar off but it'll be all I can do with my own powers until I can get some real sleep." he explained. "But we should be able to find a way to reverse the drugs in your system somewhere in here. I know they keep antidotes so they can experiment with powers like yours." He said.

Back
Top Bottom