Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lotus Academy: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicBlue

Planetoid
Here we can chat out of character, workout some kinks in the story, get some background information about the school, and I'll give you the information you need to start making your character. Please refer to the Profiles Thread for the character skeleton and the Main Thread for more info.

Current List of Dorms

Teacher Building: Top (5th) Floor Suite 505 - Head Mistress; 4th floor suite 407 - Otto Hindel;
Dragon Building: 401 (Nadia Cartwright)
Wolf Building: 203 (Mizuki Fugiwara)
Raven Building: 102 (Elladan Helyanwë)
Dolphin Building: 101 (Matt Jander); 103 (William "Bill" Vulcan Smith)

Current List of House Members

Dolphin:Matt Jander; William "Bill" Vulcan Smith
Raven: Elladan Helyanwë
Wolf:Mizuki Fugiwara
Dragon:Nadia Cartwright

The Houses of Lotus Academy
Please pick one and send me a private message of which you'd like to be in
The Raven
Strong, curious, and energetic, those in the Raven House often succeed where others fail. Their deepest desire is to overcome the odds, to triumph, and to prove themselves to the world. They are willing to give up a considerable amount of personal needs, but in return they can use what others consider disadvantages to their advantage. That is their greatest power.
Like their animal namesake, members the Raven House are difficult to pin down. In many world mythologies, the Raven Spirit was considered a trickster - a sly and cunning individual who would often get what they wanted, or otherwise entertain themselves, through the intellectual manipulation of others. Powerful and unpredictable, these spirits often had few true followers, for most people were wise enough to fear that which only a Raven is capable of.
This is not necessarily a “dark” sign in terms personality, though. Many Ravens have highly developed senses of humor. Ravens can be young, selfish, inexperienced souls or old, powerful souls. How they use their power - for personal gain or to help others - will be an indicator of the karmic direction of their life.

The Wolf
Like their animal namesake, those of the Wolf House are passionate, determined, and never back down from a fight. Though generally mild mannered and even easy-going (when things are going their way), members of this sign are very protective of themselves and the ones they love, and will not let anyone intimidate or coerce them. They are generous, warm-hearted, and perhaps a bit stubborn. Though they hold their friends and family very dear, Wolves House members also have an independent nature that compels them to seek their own path in life.
They simultaneously seek security and adventure - two things that don’t tend to coexist very well. That said, their determination to live their lives exactly how they desire makes having both a possibility. They simply don’t accept limitations when it comes to something they are passionate about and would rather fight than run from a challenge.
As strong as they seem, they are easily hurt emotionally. They secretly care deeply about how others perceive them and can be sensitive to even the smallest insult. Should they have a falling out with someone, they will most likely need time alone to let the wound heal. Wolves like to believe that everyone respects them as much as they want to be respected and can’t stand to be derided or treated poorly by anyone.

The Dragon
Hard working, passionate, and idealistic, those of the Dragon House have much in common with their animal namesake. The proverbial “big fish in a small pond”, members of this sign have little true competition in life. They take what they want when they want it and practically dare anyone else to try to stop them. Strong, proud, and resourceful, Dragons are aware that playing to their strengths gets them ahead, but it can also have some less than ideal side effects.
Others may find the intensity of the Dragon overwhelming. Patience, determination, and outspoken intensity are key traits of people in this House. Thus, Dragons can be intimidating to others. They can become dictators to their followers, constantly demanding more and more output in less and less time. At the same time, they have the internal resources to counteract this.
It can be quite a task to manage the Dragon’s passion. As expected, House members love to work hard, often diving into projects with a do-or-die attitude. From this they expect both a sizable return on their investments and an equal buy-in from followers. Anyone who brings less than 100% to the table will be tongue-lashed accordingly, and like the giant lizard, those in the Dragon House have toxic mouths.
Success is so important to a Dragon member that it comes before nearly anything else in their lives, making social and romantic relationships all the more difficult. Members of this House enjoy being around people, and even like being the center of attention a lot of the time. If they can learn to choose their words more carefully they can drastically affect the buy-in of their followers and achieve an otherwise elusive balance in their lives.

The Dolphin
A combination of inner intelligence and an energetic sense of playfulness, Dolphin House members are lovable, active, and adaptable. At their best, members of this House are curious tinkerers by day and everyone’s favorite drinking buddy by night. At their worst, they allow themselves to become nervous, confused, and overwhelmed in their work and become obnoxious pranksters to their friends.
Balance is a difficult act for the Dolphin. They have all the potential in the world to be great when they are focused, but too often second-guess their own natural intelligence and their world ends up crashing down around them. Simultaneously, Dolphin members become too focused on work end up burned out and resentful, while those who become too focused on play end up acting out in immature ways. Thus is the life challenge of the Dolphin. Since they often have big ideas, their life goal is to reach their goals while balancing out any stresses with their fun, social side.
The good news is that members have lots of energy and are adaptable to changes around them. When they feel confident, there is little that they cannot achieve. As long as they stay interested, they can chase any dream. The only problem is that they have a hard time staying interested in one thing for too long. That’s why they often have many projects going at once. That way when they get bored with one they can move onto another.

House Choices: These are the 4 Houses that the school is broken down into. They form their own sports teams and clubs that complete and/or work together. When choosing a House look at the personality traits of the House but don't feel as though they are written in stone and your character needs to fit the description. It is more of a guide to help you sort yourself into a house. Each House has a building at each corner of the academy where the dorms and common rooms are located. The House buildings are linked by a bridge and an underground passage that leads to the academy main building. As a member of a House you are required to show your House symbol at all times. Usually, students wear an armband with the House symbol on it.

The school is structured with a large building in the center
207ad4f0-c6dd-427f-b593-bec451efec1d_zps9e71f6de.jpg

Behind the school is a large courtyard and gardens that stretch for about a mile.

schoolcourtyard_zpsa54acb14.jpg

courtyards_zpsf319978b.jpg

gardens_zpsa81a5b8e.jpg

To the east of the gardens is another large building where the teachers live. The top suite belongs to the Mrs. Nakamura (The Head Mistress). (I will update with each teacher's floor as I get teacher profiles)

teacherhomes.jpg

On each corner of the campus is another building that are the student dorms. They look similar to the teacher's builing. From the image of the front main building, the front door faces south and the back of the school faces north.
-On the south east corner is the Wolf dorms.
-On the south west corner is the Dragon dorms
-On the north east corner is the Raven dorns
-On the north west corner is the Dolphin dorms.

Dorm rooms are single rooms and you can decorate it as you please

dc9cbc38-c6a0-42fd-b8af-1d2fdb483d9b_zps63a2e944.jpg

In every dorm house there is a common room where people can socialize and spend time.

18cd2091-bdf7-4faf-80a9-2e3f4a07c70a_zpsc1ef444f.jpg

To the west of the gardens (opposite the teacher's building) is a large gymnasium with a track beside it and several fields for sports team practices

Track_Field_zpsb2d7492b.jpg

Past the gardens, 10 miles of forest lays behind the school which then opens up into a beach. On weekends it is not abnormal for students to plan trips to the beach.

The main building houses all the classrooms

classroom_zpsb619091a.jpg

and the cafeteria which has a buffet line with a salad bar, main hot meals, a fruit bar, sandwich section, and a dessert section

Cafeteria_zps187f5630.jpg

Quick Note Everyone: The world this setting is in has not seen much magic. It is definitely a rare thing to have powers. You can choose to have them be accepting, hateful, unknowing, etc... of you being different. You all come from different places and some people react differently from others when it comes to people with abilities. Also feel free to join any of the higher classes of the academy like juniors and seniors, you won,t be graduating any time soon, so don't worry. Also write a little bit about your time at the school. Have you joined any teams, favorite subject, what you do most of the day, any friends you have made, etc. Also when making your character feel free to choose any name it doesn't have to be Japanese like the the head mistress.

Hey everyone! Dorm/ house list has been updated so if you don't have a dorm number on your profile, update it to include it. For teachers: the following classes are still available to teach (if you pick a second please make sure the times don't overlap, unless your power is making copies of yourself to be in two places at once) :

Evil creature studies, Power Manipulation, Power Advancement, Meditation, Psychology, Advanced Fighting Skills.

Hey everyone! I think we are almost ready to start. I'm still hoping to get a few more profiles from girls but I think their interest will be peaked as the RP starts. If you are playing more than one character please get that second profile to me asap so I can look it over and we can get it added to the list on the profile thread. We have several freshman and very few higher year students. If you do make a second character try not to make it a freshman or if you are ok with being a higher classman and want to switch, let me know and I'll assign a different room number on the proper floor for your building. I'm hoping to start the RP tomorrow! ^-^ Yay!

AngelicBlue said:
Hey everyone! I think we are almost ready to start. I'm still hoping to get a few more profiles from girls but I think their interest will be peaked as the RP starts. If you are playing more than one character please get that second profile to me asap so I can look it over and we can get it added to the list on the profile thread. We have several freshman and very few higher year students. If you do make a second character try not to make it a freshman or if you are ok with being a higher classman and want to switch, let me know and I'll assign a different room number on the proper floor for your building. I'm hoping to start the RP tomorrow! ^-^ Yay!

WooHoo! can't wait to get started.

Alrighty I'm getting a few more profiles but they should be along soon. Soooo... I'm opening the school! Make sure you color and bold when you speak so we can tell the difference from spoken things and actions. My first post is a good example, but it doesn't need to be exactly like it, but make sure you put the character's name at the top so we know who's talking.

Hmmm... I was sitting here writing my character's post and for the life of me I could not figure out how in the world to navigate around the school. I had to sit with a paper and pencil and draw it out to know where the buildings are. I'm sorry if it as complicated as I just realized it is. I'm going to draw out a rough sketch and post it as soon as I can. For quick reference, if you are walking to the front of the main building from the street, on the right is the path to the dolphin building, to the left is the raven building. Behind the dolphin building is the dragon building. Behind the Raven building is the wolf building.

Hey everyone! I'm going out of town for a couple days I'll be back sun evening. I should have internet but I wont be able to get images posted and stuff til i get back. I'll still be posting replies if you interact with me so YAY!

Hey everyone! I have an image of the uniforms I completely forgot about. I know I mentioned uniforms so I wanted you all to get an idea of what they look like. I honestly pulled them from an anime and with some photoshop personalized the color and such.

Uniforms.jpg

Everyone, please dont complain to Blue about my profile. I'm working on nerfing the character because I was stupid to even suggest that level of power. = w=;

Hi, just to let you guys know...I have work during the day, so please don't expect any posts from me until early evening. Um...please be patient with me, and I hope we have fun together!

Hey everyone. Just a heads up!! I won't be able to post tomorrow until after about 4:30-5 PM EST. I have work starting at ten so... I won't have time to post in the morning. See you guys later tomorrow!

question about the uniforms (i imagine this would be in the packet in the rooms) what are the rules concerning accessories like hats, wrist-ware, gloves, and such?

*thinks for a moment* as fat as accessories go... things that go on a head female hair accessories are fine as long as they are not huge (such as those tiny hats on headbands or bows that take up most of the head .. etc,) no hats are allowed in the main building and during classes but are acceptable anywhere else. Wrist ware and gloves are acceptable at all times. I'm letting people have some kind of fashion since there are uniforms. Gives people the ability to get creative.

Hi, I'm Lea. I am so sorry I have fallen so far behind. I've been ill this past week, but I am starting to feel a bit better, and I hope to be back on the ball and posting regularly again here soon. :)

Sorry things have been a bit slow everyone. Between some people being distracted by the new release of Pokemon , some people got the sickness (including myself), and I guess other craziness (classes/work) its been a bit slow. >.< I hope people are still enjoying the RP. I have been wanting to post but there hasn't been much going on so I'm reluctant to keep going. If I need to create some type of order I can do so to make things easier, just please let me know.

AngelicBlue said:
Sorry things have been a bit slow everyone. Between some people being distracted by the new release of Pokemon , some people got the sickness (including myself), and I guess other craziness (classes/work) its been a bit slow. >.< I hope people are still enjoying the RP. I have been wanting to post but there hasn't been much going on so I'm reluctant to keep going. If I need to create some type of order I can do so to make things easier, just please let me know.

Yeah, i.don't know if I'm the only one but what are we suppose to do and where are.we suppose to go? Pls explain..

Well I wanted to give people a chance to start interacting. I don't want to tell you what to because it depends on the character. People can go to their dorms walk around the school, play/test their powers.... Whatever suits the character. There is going to be an announcement soon once I get things together.

AngelicBlue said:
Well I wanted to give people a chance to start interacting. I don't want to tell you what to because it depends on the character. People can go to their dorms walk around the school, play/test their powers.... Whatever suits the character. There is going to be an announcement soon once I get things together.

okay thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom