Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Journey (EvaRose & Rage)

"Of course I've seen the princess before," Haine chuckled lightly, smiling at the memories. "I've known her since she was little. She is a little spoiled, but she's a good girl. I'd hate to think of her in someone else's hands, though.... they better not have tried anything to hurt her." Haine cracked his knuckles at the thought, visualizing the princess. She was too young for something like this... surely they must have had a good reason for this. What were they trying to accomplish? As far as he knew, they weren't even throwing the king a ransom.

"She's still innocent and naive, which makes only makes me angrier." Haine continued, furrowing his brow. "She doesn't deserve something like this... she's just a child." For a long while after that, Haine remained silent. It wasn't long before they found a dirt-paved road leading to the port, looking recently used. A few carts and people on horseback passed them now and again, giving the two strange looks. It wasn't often that you saw an imperial knight and a dark-half elf walking together.

The look of the town wasn't very impressing for a port town. It wasn't too big, and the buildings looked like they could fall apart with just a kick. It was obviously a poor community, with people dressed in rags and carrying around sacks of fish. Haine eyed the people cautiously, making sure not to stare at them for too long. "Strange," he said to himself and Jyade, "port towns are usually bustling with trade. Why's this one so run down?"

Jyade looked back at anyone they walked past, aware of the fact that they were looking at the two of them and some were giving her looks; woman looked in disgust while the men sometimes glanced with lust until they saw how she glared. She didn't relax until she could no longer look at them, and instead stopped thinking as the two of them walked in silence. Hunin wasn't that sleepy now eiither, and the gryphon was turning and chirping in her arms, looking around as it moved about in excitement. It wasn't until she pressed his head down on her arm that the gryphon stopped, his tail wagging quickly from side to side quickly.

Her green eyes darted about once they reached the town, and Hunin began to move again until she gave a sigh and let go. Hunin dropped to the ground, sitting at her feet for a moment and looking up at the two of them, swiveling his head around and looking from one to another before rising to his paws. "I'm not sure," she said, "but Hunin needs to eat something. Poor thing hasn't eaten since last night." Of course, she couldn't remember when if she ate one or two days ago.

Her eyes went from one person to another, and she found herself wondering the same. This wasn't a central area for trade sure, but it was still a port. After visiting a few of them, she knew that they were usually the richest of towns in areas not close to a central town. This place wasn't like most of the ones she saw, and it was certainly strange. "Maybe it would be nice to ask around, after we find out when a ship is leaving at least." Hunin was shifting from side to side but never left the two, looking up at them every now and again before looking at people who had fish with them.

Back
Top Bottom