Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unexpected Love (QuietSeductress & Rage)

"Yes it better!" She giggled and patted his head. Hopefully he'd get a good night's sleep and it would still all be in there in the morning. She gave him a playful pout to his sentiment about not having a tutoring session tomorrow. "Oh, sweet on me already, aw that's cute!" She teased. She liked this new sense of self that she was finding in herself. She didn't want to give Axel the credit, but he had a lot to do with it. She wouldn't tell him at least, his head was already big enough.

"Okay, you too!" She leaned into his kiss and softly caressed his arm. "Yeah, see ya!" She then headed out and over to her house. She couldn't believe how late it was. The phrase, "time flies when you're having fun," registered in her head and she questioned it. Was is really fun? Yes, she did have fun, Axel was turning out to be a lot of fun actually. It was a shame that the next two days there would be no tutoring, but a little distance would only make things better.

She made herself a sandwich before heading up to bed. She hadn't realized how tired she was and she had to force herself to eat before hitting the pillow. She didn't even bother to change, she barely even took off her shoes. Apparently all the sexual teasing took it out of her, of course, she wasn't used to it.

With her alarm peeping loudly, she got up the next morning. After her shower, she dressed casually since she had practice today. Wearing a pair of tight skinny jeans and a System of a down tee that hung off one shoulder, she went downstairs to eat. Glad that her mom made her a decent breakfast because Jenna woke up really hungry. After eating, she made her way on over to school.

Axel was able to mostly sleep peacefully, but he still woke up early and very much tired. He yawned, sitting up from his bed wearing nothing but a T-Shirt and boxers. He glanced over at the clock, disappointed that he would still have enough time to sleep in. Shrugging, he tore himself out of bed and stumbled over to the shower. If his parents saw him in his half-naked glory, so be it.

He definitely felt fresher when he stepped out, wiping his hair frantically with a towel. He returned to his room, dressing up in his usual dark blue jeans. He slipped on a black shirt with a logo of a famous band slapped over it. He stretched his arms and made his way back downstairs, yawning with his immense exhaustion. Although he didn't like the idea of not being with Jenna for the next two days, he was sure glad for the break from studying.

After a quick breakfast, Axel had made his way to school.

He stomped out of his car and slung his backpack over his shoulder, greeting a few students on his way over. He noticed a girl glaring at him, her arms crossed over her chest. It was Tara, the girl who had called him the day before. Axel blinked, not quite expecting to see her standing as defiant as she was. Didn't she have a boyfriend that she should be with?

"Axel!" She whined, "why did you hang up on me?" Axel frowned. He hated it when girls were like this.

"Tara," he flashed her a fake smile, "sorry about that. But I told you I was busy."

"With who?!" She stomped her foot angrily. Axel twitched in slight anger. There she was, making a scene, and there was no reason for it. Axel looked around, seeing Jenna make her way over to the entrance. He was going to have to take care of it fast.

"Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend instead of talking to me, Tara?" Axel asked, cocking his head. "I mean, causing a scene like this... you don't want things to sound wrong to him, right?" Tara's eyes widened and she immediately retreated, marching right back into the school. Axel sighed, shaking his head. He was going to get it now... her boyfriend was definitely going to hear about this.

Jenna headed toward the entrance when she saw a very angry Tara talking to Axel. Quickly, Jenna slowed her pace so that she didn't barge in on their conversation. She even pretended to get a phone call to occupy some time. When it was clear that Tara had left, Jenna slowly made her way over. She noted that Axel was in a mood, "uh oh, trouble in paradise?" She was being cute, but stopped the moment that she saw his face. "What's going on?" She grew a little more concerned now. Jenna knew that Tara had a boyfriend and he wasn't just anyone, he was the captain of the wrestling team, a guy twice the size in girth as Axel who could easily snap him in half.

Quickly, Jenna slipped her arm through Axel's and pulled him off to the side to have a seat. "Seriously, tell me what's going on?" Because of their new found respect and understanding for one another, Jenna wanted to help in any way that she could. "Are you going to have an issue with her boyfriend?"

It wasn't that Axel was terrified of the guy... but he didn't really feel like getting his back broken anytime soon. Tara's boyfriend was known to be aggressive - maybe it was the steroids or just the fact that he was completely made out of testosterone. Axel should have never touched his girl- it looked like his poor choices in life was starting to catch up.

Axel sat down, running his hand through his hair. "It's not something as small as an issue... it's going to be a little worse than that." Axel looked at Jenna with an apparent frown, "let's just say that I should never have touched a girl who every had a boyfriend. Damn, I'm going to be in deep shit." It wasn't going to be immediate, but he guessed by the end of the week that there was going to be some trouble brewing.

"Look, Jenna..." Axel sighed, "I... well, whatever happened is my fault. I don't want to drag you into this, but I don't want to be alone on this one either." He frowned, rubbing his chin in thought. "I'm going to have some time to think before Tara's big sack of muscle hears about it. Fortunately, that guy is anything but brains."

She figured that it had something to do with Tara and her boyfriend. Jenna was a little worried for Axel's safety, but at least he had brains on his side, not much could be said for Tara's boyfriend, he was all muscle with a head full of jelly. She resolved to give Axel a soft, hopeful smile, "well with any luck, you'll come out of this alive!" She chuckled a little, trying to lighten the mood. "Don't worry, we'll get you through this."

While they sat there, Jenna was coming up with a plan to try and resolve this issue before Tara's boyfriend was even involved. "Well I need to go see the coach real quick, talk to you later!" She quickly got up and headed inside. She was a little abrupt with her goodbye, but she didn't have much time. She headed straight to where Tara was. She was just about to talk to her meathead of a boyfriend when Jenna stepped in, "hey Tara, got a second?" Tara rolled her eyes, but obliged and told her boyfriend to hold on. Jenna walked Tara around the corner and then quickly pinned her to the wall. Tara was completely taken off guard, "what the hell Jenna?" Jenna firmly planted her forearm at Tera's neck, "you aren't to say a word to your boyfriend about Axel. If you are stupid enough to do so, I will make sure that everything that happens to Axel, happens to you, got it?" Jenna pressed her arm firmly on Tera's neck. Tera panicked, her breathing was starting to get cut off. She never thought that Jenna would do such a thing, but she believed her. Tera nodded frantically and Jenna released her. "You're fucking him aren't you?" Jenna shook her head, it was the truth, they hadn't fucked, but there was no way that some slut was going to get Axel hurt.

Tera just stared at her while rubbing her neck, then she headed back to her boyfriend. Jenna stayed and watched, making sure that her boyfriend didn't go all Incredible hulk and start looking for Axel. Feeling like a badass, Jenna walked to her first class. She wasn't sure if she should tell Axel what she did. She didn't know if he'd like it or she resolved not to tell him. Tera would probably keep it to herself as well, no one would believe that someone like Jenna threatened her.

Axel blinked, watching her just run off. A girl in that kind of hurry was in for nothing good... he glanced around before slowly following her, making himself not look too obvious or suspicious. When she rounded a corner he turned to see her talking with Tara. Axel's heart froze, and he put his back to the wall, listening closely for what Jenna had to say to her. He blinked when she started, looking over to see the rest of the conversation.

"Looking like a badass, huh?" Axel smiled, scratching the back of his head. "Look at you... sending girls to fight your own battles." He chuckled and shook his head, slinging his backpack back over his shoulder before heading away to his locker. Tara passed by, giving him some sort of questionable look but left him alone, on her way to her first class. Axel couldn't help but laugh.

The day went by with him seeing Jenna. He caught a few glimpses of her in the halls, but that was it. At the end of the day, he walked out of the school feeling drained. Jenna's tutoring was definitely helping, but it wasn't like he was going to flip from a D to an A in just two days. He sighed, walking right out of the school.

Suddenly, he heard a whistle blowing and looked over to see the school large outside track. It looks like the girls track team was busy practicing. With a smile, he trudged over, leaning on a fence to catch a glimpse of them. He felt satisfied, seeing them in their tight clothes working up a sweat. "Damn, I should have brought a camera." He joked to himself. He finally found Jenna, stretching and getting ready for her next run. He watched her go for a while, not really knowing if she saw him or not. After a while he turned to leave.

But not before a few girls noticed his stares at Jenna.

The rest of the day wore on for Jenna. She spotted Axel a few times in the hall and just smiled. She didn't approach him anymore after this morning, figuring that things with Tera needed to take a day or so to cool down. She got through her classes well enough and it seemed that Tera was true to her word because Axel was still standing by the end of the day.

Once school was over, Jenna headed to the locker rooms to change for practice. She was out on the field after ten minutes and was warming up with her teammates. It was typical for other students to sit in the bleachers and just hand out. Some watched the practice and other could care less. There were a few girls in the stands that Jenna knew had a thing with Axel at one point or another. It was funny because Jenna was pretty certain that she could pick out all the girls in a line up.

She hadn't noticed Axel leaning on the fence watching, but a few of her teammates did and they giggled to themselves. After Jenna got through with her run, the girls approached her, "Axel was totally checking you out earlier! Did he get to you too?!" Jenna laughed it off, "what? No, I didn't have sex with him, jeez guys!" She shrugged them off, but turned to look if he was still around. She didn't see him and though she was a bit disappointed, it was probably best that he didn't stick around.

Once practice was over, Jenna made her way home. It was somewhere around seven thirty and as she trudged up the porch steps, she was wanting to go and see Axel, but then she stopped herself, thinking that it would look a bit too clingy. So she forced herself in her house and went upstairs to shower.

Axel was laying back on his bed, his phone constantly buzzing with texts or calls. It was only the second day, and the girls were already trying to grill him for information. He grinded his teeth together, grabbing his phone and throwing it into the corner of his room. He was sick of it! He didn't belong to any of them, so why did it mean so much to them? Were they that scared that they were losing their little fuck-toy? Half of them even had boyfriends, so why were they constantly trying to get a hold of him? There was no way he was going to talk to them all, but by doing that things would only build. This just made him scared to get a girlfriend... the things they would do to her...

Axel shook his head. No... he didn't want to be owned by anyone, held down by anyone... but Jenna? Fuck, he was confused all to hell. He sat up, running his hands through his hair, his mind barely working in jumbles. He was sick of school, he was sick of girls... he was sick of himself. He plopped down in front of his TV, a game controller in his hands. What better way to forget about reality then to play video games?

The next morning, Axel woke up with the controller in his hands and the game "Mass Effect" still playing on his TV. He groaned, sitting up and feeling numerous cracks cascading up and down his back.

His morning went by as usual... he showered, ate, got dressed, and headed off to school. This time he wore his grey jeans again with a purple shirt with the name "Jimi Hendrix" splashed all over it. He arrived at school as early as usual, rubbing at the bags underneath his eyes.

The rest of her evening was spent going over schoolwork and then a few odds and ends for her meet tomorrow. She set out her clothes for the next morning because she had the time tonight. She picked out a cute skirt outfit with some ballet flats to wear. Once she was all set for tomorrow, she said goodnight to her parents and went to bed early to make sure she got a good night's sleep.

In the morning, after getting dressed and eating breakfast, she set out to school. She got a lot more stares this time around and a lot of the stares were not pleasant ones. A few of the girls even passed by her calling her a slut or a whore. Jenna was utterly confused and then she figured that things with her and Axel were now front page news. She rolled her eyes and felt bad for those people who surrounded themselves with drama and gossip.

As she approached her locker, she noted that Axel's friends were there, but Axel was missing. "Hey there baby, can I get some of whatever you're giving to Axel?" Markus asked as Jenna tried to get to her locker. She was trying to ignore them, but it was hard because they were brushing against her. When Markus laid his hand on her, Jenna quickly grabbed it and pinned him against the locker with his arm behind is back, "unless you want to lose your arm, I suggest you keep your hands off of me!" She quickly let him go, grabbed her books and headed out.

She made it just outside the main building. She was flustered and didn't want this to affect her outcome at the meet. She hated that she let those assholes get to her, but she hoped that she had set them in their place.

Axel splashed water onto his face from the bathroom and looked up, seeing himself in the small mirror. As soon as he entered the school, things had gotten crazy. People kept asking him about Jenna, girls would glare at him, and guys would slap him on the back saying "good job". Good job for what? He didn't have sex with Jenna, and people were going to start going nuts about. Did the school really have nothing better to do than gossip about them? Hell, they weren't even the most important people in the school. Well, maybe Jenna was.

Axel sighed, turning to leave the bathroom. And as soon as he took one step out, he was immediately stopped. "Hey!" A girl, Macy, cried out from his side. Axel scratched the back of his head and focused his tired gaze onto her.

"Oh, Macy... sup?" He smiled falsely, straightening up. "What's going on?" She walked up and drew her hand back, slapping it across his face. Everyone gasped, not expecting that.

"How could you?!" She cried out, tears beginning to well up in her face. Axel blinked.

"Huh?" He frowned, anger starting to build. "Macy, what the hell? We aren't even dating..." She stomped away, ignoring his words. He just got slapped... and he didn't know why. Huh.

He made his way down the hallway before seeing a flustered Jenna almost break Markus's arm out of his socket. Axel frowned, immediately taking after her. It took him a bit but he came up beside her, gently grabbing her arm. Unknown to him, his cheek was red from the slap he had taken earlier. "Jenna, what's wrong?" He asked, stopping her. "Are you alright?"

She was about to swing back in protest of her arm being grabbed when she realized just who was doing the grabbing. "Oh hey, yeah, your friends are just being dicks and I let it get to me." She shrugged then did a double take of Axel's face, "Jesus! What happened to you?" She gently caressed his reddened cheek softly with her fingers. "This shit is getting crazy, everyone thinks that we're together and they either hate you or want a piece of me! What the hell is wrong with these people?" Clearly is was bothering her just as much as it bothered him.

"Hold on a sec," she pulled a hand towel and a bottle of water from her bag, wet the towel and gently placed it on his cheek. "You look like shit, didn't sleep much last night?" Jenna was good at reading people and deducing what was going on. "What are we going to do about all this?" She figured that Axel would have an answer, thinking that he knew how to deal with this type of drama.

Axel found a bench that he led her to. They sat down, and he twitched a bit at the contact of the wet towel and his cheek. He reached up to rub at his eyes again, the lack of sleep really starting to get to him. "My friends are dicks, aren't they?" He chuckled, sitting straight up in the bench. The sting was thankfully starting to die down by now. "And this is high school... the next best thing kids like doing other than fuck each other is gossip... especially when all the girls that I've slept with think they own me. The fact that I've stopped talking to them and started talking to you is what's starting to bug them."

Axel dug out his phone from his pocket and checked the time. They had a good amount of minutes left. "I just haven't been sleeping well recently... the studying is kinda making my brain work too hard, so it's active at night." He chuckled, "but it's fine. But as for our current situation... well..." He rubbed at his chin in thought. "There are several things: we could completely avoid each other, which I don't want to do. We could also go back to the way we used to be around each other, and I don't want to do that either."

He glanced over at the school, "We're going to have to wait this out. Things are going to get a bit nuts, but overall it won't be too long. Students are always looking to find something dirty to gawk at, and I guess right now it's us. Man, I hate how the girls think I'm just a tool they can drag around to use whenever they need a quick fuck..." Axel growled, "sure, I was fine with it in the beginning, but now it's done nothing but cause trouble. And now they see you as some kind of threat..." Axel stood up from the bench. "You know what, Jenna? You are a threat. Because you're the only girl that I truly see as a woman." He smiled, reaching up to take a glance at his phone. "Anyways, I gotta run. See ya later." He waved her off, making his way to his next class.

He already was feeling better.

"Yeah, major dicks!" Jenna enthused. Jenna never really cared for the guys that Axel hung out with and at one point, Axel was included in that category, but now, knowing the real him, she just didn't get why he still hung out with those losers. Perhaps it was just a need to be accepted into a group that most teenagers went through. Jenna had some experience with that, but she never went as far and starting hanging out with girls that she knew were trouble. She nodded in agreement to all high schoolers were good for these days was fucking each other and gossiping. Jenna was so grateful that she wasn't the typical high schooler.

"Well as far as the studying, your brain is just making new connections, but hopefully that'll die down and you'll be able to sleep well again." She gave him a soft smile and checked on the level of redness on his cheek, it was not a light pink, which was good. She was glad to hear him say that he didn't want to go back to avoiding each other or hating each other, Jenna didn't want that, so the only option was to just wait it out. She sighed in reluctance and accepted the situation for what it was.

She listened to him rant about how he hated how the girl treated him, but Jenna really didn't have any sympathy, he was his own doing that got him to this point. Psychologically, she wondered why Axel started acting this way in the first place, then she figured that it was just his hormone taking over and making all the decisions for him. She stayed quiet because she didn't have anything sympathetic to add and she didn't want him to be mad with her. It was an odd feeling to be considered a threat to the girls at this school. Academically, Jenna was a threat and she knew that, but it really didn't matter much because a lot of these girls didn't care about school like Jenna. But now that she was involved with Axel, she had become pubic enemy number one, it was both liberating and daunting.

When Axel agreed that she was a threat because Jenna was more of a woman than any girl he knew, she just gaped at him, surprised by his compliment. She waved back, still in a daze by what he said. He saw her as a woman and not some crazed teenage girl that was out to get into his pants. Jenna's gaping mouth turned into a smile as she sat there for a few more minutes. It felt really good that Axel didn't see her like he saw most girls. It made her think that no matter what shit was thrown at them, they weren't going to stop seeing each other, Jenna was a fighter and she was now going to fight for Axel if she needed to.

Once the bell rang, she headed off to class. As she took her seat, she noticed a few girls staring at her and if looks could kill, Jenna would be dead in her chair. It didn't bother her much, she hadn't done anything wrong and what her and Axel did was their business, not anyone else's. Throughout the rest of the day, Jenna got more glares and there was even some name calling, but she was determined to not let anything get her spirits down. Once school ended, she headed over to the locker room and got ready for the big meet.

There were four other schools competing so the track field was packed and so were the stands. Jenna found her parents in the crowd and waved to them. They always attended her meets, they were her biggest fans. Jenna felt really confident and comfortable with her times and scores. She was in three events tonight; pole vault, 100m sprint, and 100m relay. Usually the team was cooperative with one another, but there were a few girls on the team that were tangled in this Jenna/Axel mess and they were giving Jenna the cold shoulder. That was okay because Jenna was competing against them. It would have been nice to have their support, but it wasn't crucial, or so she thought.

Her first event was the 100m sprint. There were three heats, with the third being the final. Jenna won her heat and in the final it looked like she was going to take second, but at the last minute, she pushed and got first. It felt great to start the meet off with a win. The 100m relay was a little different, her team came in second place, it wasn't bad, but the three other girls looked disappointed. Jenna didn't know why, she started off the relay and gave them a great lead, it was their own faults for dropping it.

Her last event was pole vault. This was Jenna's event. She was the team's number one vaulter and her coach had high expectations for her, as did Jenna. When it was her turn, she got a running start, but as she aimed her vaulting stick in the catapult, she heard a cracking noise and in mid air, it snapped and Jenna landed straight on her back. The wind was knocked right out of her as she stared up to the sky. She started to panic as her breath wasn't coming to her, then her coach was at her side and that's when Jenna took in a huge gulp of air. The crowd in the stands went silent, concerned for Jenna. Her parents were out of the stands and running over to her. Her vaulting stick was brand new, there was no way that it broke on accident, someone must've weakened it.

The rest of the day passed by a little tense, but it wasn't anything that Axel wasn't used to. All it took was a few fake smiles, a few laughs, and a couple of jokes to get him out of any trouble. Some of the girls were going out of their way to show that they were ignoring him, but that was completely okay. They didn't give him any problems, so cruises through classes was a breeze. At the end of the day he relaxed a little, sitting at the bleachers and waiting for the upcoming track meet. He wasn't one for athletic events, but since Jenna had seemed to want him to go he wasn't going to say not to that. He was sitting down idly, messing with his phone in the stands.

After a while, the people starting filling in, and two familiar faces came by to sit next to him. "Axel?" Jenna's dad blinked, "wow, this is a surprise. I never expected to see you here!" They took their seats to his left, pleasantly surprised by his attendance.

"Well, a few things happened, so I guess that I owe her a little." Axel stated, finding Jenna getting ready to run her first heat. He was pretty impressed with her abilities, not expecting her to really be that athletic. He knew that she was in track and ran often, but to see her winning both her runs? Damn, that was impressive. But when she wasn't in any of the events, he grew increasingly bored. He didn't really care for any of the other relays or such, and when the girls pole vaulting started he was finally interested. He saw Jenna prepare for the jump, running forward at an increased speed before lifting herself up. But then the pole cracked, and Axel watched in pure shock as she tumbled onto her back. Her parents gasped and jolted up from their seats.

"What?..." Axel blinked, "there's no way..." It suddenly all came to him. Somebody sabotaged her vaulting stick... most likely someone on the track team. And he knew a lot of girls on the track team who wouldn't be happy with her right now. Axel clenched his fist and stood up, making his way down the stands. When Axel was angry, he was known to be reckless and terrifying.

And he was pissed off beyond reason.

"Jenna! Are you okay?" Her coach asked. Jenna blinked, "yeah, I think so." She went to move, but her coach had her stay still, "let's make sure you are able to move first, hold on." After checking that nothing was broken, she was helped to her feet. Jenna shook things off, completely floored that she wasn't seriously injured. Her parents hugged her tight and she hugged them back. That's when she saw Axel coming out of the stands and looking pissed. She figured that he realized that this was some form of sabotage. Jenna left her parents arms and ran off to him, "Hey, I'm okay." She placed her hands on his arms, hoping to calm him down. As much as she wanted to bash the person's face in who was responsible for her fall, right now wasn't the time.

Jenna didn't know if she'd be able to calm him down, Axel's temper was infamous and usually people just left him alone until he cooled off, but Jenna had to try. "Axel, look at me please!" She moved her hands up to his face, cupping it gently, "I know you're mad and you have every right to be, but we don't know who did it and it wouldn't be smart to just go off on all the girls on the track team. Please, for me just hold off." The next thing she knew, her lips were on his, kissing him lightly. They definitely got everyone's attention. Her parents were even shocked.

Axel was fuming... he had to find out who was doing this. It was all too easy... it had to be someone on the team. Was it Cheyenne? No, she wouldn't have the guts. Was it Marlene? Maybe, but she wasn't a pole-vaulter. Was it Clara? That was a possibility. Was it Hannah? Could be. Was it Rebecca? That was likely. He just needed to keep weeding out the girls to find out who... this was completely unforgivable. This was going way, way too far. His fist clenched, his heart ready to burst out of his chest in pure rage. When he was done with whoever did this, they-

He felt Jenna touch his face, breaking him out of his internal rant. "You're okay?" He blinked. Man, he felt like an idiot... here he was, jumping to conclusions and she was perfectly fine. He sighed, running a hand over his hair as he listened to her. "But they hurt you," he growled, "don't you think that there's something we should do? I can't stand for somebody being so low as to-" her kiss immediately broke his train of thought, his eyes widening.

Everyone saw. Jenna's parents, the students watching the whole scene, the other members of the track team. Everyone. Axel took a deep breath, his mind working out what was going to happen... this was going to be talked about at school tomorrow, and maybe for an entire week. He shook his head with a sigh and a smile... that was in the future. He shouldn't worry about it right now.

"You're right," he smiled, "I... guess I was getting a little out of hand. Now what are you doing out here? I'm sure there's an event out there that you still have to win."

She smiled when he was calm. No one have ever gotten Axel that calm before, especially when he was so vengeful. "Yes, I do have an event to win and don't worry, we will get to the bottom of this, I promise." It wasn't that Jenna was tossing this incident to the side, but she had to focus on the meet first before she gave her full attention to investigating who sabotaged her. When she realized that everyone watched her kiss him, she figured that that might enrage the culprit even more, so she looked around nonchalantly to see if anyone's face was turning beet red with anger. Who ever it was, was playing it cool because Jenna didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Once it was clear that she was okay, the meet continued. Her parents walked with Axel back to the stands. Jenna's dad knew about Axel's temper because he had seen it once before and it was just as amazed that Jenna had calmed the beast in him so easily. He patted Axel on the back, "accidents happen, right?" Clearly her dad was not aware of what was going on, he just thought it was an accident.

Jenna's coach was going to have her skip the vaulting event, but Jenna protested. She was fine and she wanted to do it. The current standing was at 15 feet 2 in. If Jenna could clear that, she'd be tied with the girl who held first place. Jenna grabbed a spare vaulting stick, checking it over to make sure it was solid and then she took off. The pole lifted her straight in the air and she cleared the bar with no trouble at all. She bounced off the landing pad and smiled. She was back on her game. The bar was then raised to 15'5''. The first place holder went first and on both attempts, she knocked the bar down. All Jenna needed to do was clear it and she could even make the mistake of touching it, just as long it didn't fall.

Taking a deep breath, she set her sights on where the pole needed to go. She took off and flew threw the air. She arched her back at just the right time and cleared the bar. Her teammates came to her as she landed and cheer for her success. Jenna thanked them and gave a wave to her parents and Axel in the crowd. So what if she had people out to get her, Jenna wasn't going to stop seeing Axel or acting how she wanted with him. She liked him and it was as simple as that.

After the meet, Jenna got more congratulations and pats on the back. She met up with her parents. They wanted to take her out to dinner, but Jenna was now thinking about the sabotage. She asked her parents if she could take a rain check, they figured that Axel had something to do with it so they said okay. Jenna then went to find Axel in the crowd, it was time to find out who the bitch was that tried to take Jenna out.

"Accidents?" Axel looked over at him, "Sometimes, yeah. But other times... no." Axel turned his gaze back to the meet, cracking his knuckles to deal with the building fury. Now that he was able to get it into check, he could finally think clearly for himself. Whoever had sabotaged the vaulting stick had to have been smart... the person wasn't being obvious about it, and it wasn't an easy task to sneak in to mess with something like that. Most of the girls Axel knew were not even half that smart, and there were few that were the scheming type...

The answer was lying right in his face.

"Of course..." Axel sighed, running his hands over his hair. "This is gonna be a big problem..."

"Problem?" Jenna's dad blinked, looking over at him. "Is... something the matter?" Axel blinked and laughed, leaning back.

"Oh, no." Axel shook his head, "It's no problem at all... I'm just worrying a bit over a test coming up. It won't be an issue!" Jenna's dad focused back onto his daughter, leaving Axel back in his thoughts. This was going to be something major... they weren't dealing with a normal high school girl. They were dealing with a figurehead, someone with influence, someone with connections... and this particular someone did NOT like losing her assets to something as simple as another girl.

When Jenna won the pole vaulting, Axel smiled and stood up. The meet was over, and everybody was starting to make their way out of the stands. Axel joined them, rubbing his chin in thought. This was going to be one hell of a hurtle...

Jenna finally caught up to Axel, "hey, did you enjoy the meet?" She figured that he hadn't been to too many sporting events, he didn't seem the type. "This meet will be talked about and I'm not talking about for the sports either!" Her sabotage was going to be the highlight of next week, though most wouldn't immediately think it anything more than an accident. Her and Axel still got a few stares, but that kiss that Jenna planted on him seemed to let this former hook ups know that he was currently busy with her. Jenna's assumption was that the kiss might have made things worse, but perhaps it made them a little better, at least between the high school girls anyway.

"So how do you think it was?" She asked in a hushed tone. This "accident" seemed to go over perfectly, something that required planning and well, Jenna couldn't really think of any girl on the team that would or could put this much effort into something like this. "I don't understand why they're after me, I mean you've obviously been with other girls at the same time, why didn't they get jealous of each other? I'm no one special." That's how she felt anyway. Socially, she wasn't the top dog like she was academically and in high school, your social skills seemed to account for a lot more than your academic skills.

"Well..." Axel laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. "...It's a bit confusing. I don't know exactly why myself, but they sorta think of me as an object they share among one another." He hated saying it like that, but he just wanted to paint some sort of picture for her to follow. "But as soon as they start to see me get attached to someone else, it's like they lost something that they had power over. And a lot of those girls enjoy having that kind of power over somebody. I hate saying that I'm some sort of item, but that's the way I was."

He glanced over at the crowd, noting the other students and athletes. "Most of the girls just get a little jealous and mad, but it's not too bad. But there are a few that really, really don't want to lose anything in their possession... and I guess that includes me." He checked his phone, frowning at the nasty messages or missed calls. "But I think I narrowed it down to who sabotaged your vaulting pole." Axel looked kinda nervous, glancing around once again.

"But I'll tell you later. And are you doing anything tonight? I was thinking that if you weren't busy later on, we could... hang out or something..." He smiled gently.

She wasn't surprised that he had an idea on who it was. She figured that he was probably in the stands, eying each and every girl that he'd been with that was here tonight and checking to see who had the balls to pull such a move. She just nodded when he told her that he'd tell her later, now wasn't the time to share names. Jenna wondered what they should do once they found out. Would Axel want revenge or would he take the high road and tell the police permitting if they had actual proof.

His smile brought a smile to her face, "I'd like to hang out with you!" She was hoping that she'd get to spend some time with him. She sort of missed him, even though she seen him multiple times throughout the day. "Oh and just so you know, I don't think you're a tool just to be used and cast aside, I know that you kind of set yourself up for that and well, now you're trying to fix it and it's sad that you have to deal with petty bitches, thinking they've got a claim on you." She gave him a soft apologetic smile and a nudge to his arm.

"So where did you want to hang out?" If he planned to go out anywhere, she'd have to change first. "Actually, hold that thought, I'm going to go change and I'll be right back, don't go anywhere!" She smiled a little brighter and then headed off to the locker rooms. After a really quick shower, she was back in her skirt and blouse and flats. She packed up her gym bag and headed back out to where she left Axel.

Axel had watched her go, smiling as she sprinted off to the showers. He took his place at a small bench overlooking the football field, tapping his finger lightly onto his phone. "Man, I really need to change my number soon..." He sighed, shaking his head, "all this girl-crap is really taking years off of my life..." He heard a few footsteps behind him and glanced back, frowning at what he saw. A small group of girls from the track meet were just casually walking back, chatting among themselves. Axel quickly looked away, hoping they didn't notice... and if they did, he begged that they would ignore him.

Either way, they passed him pretty casually and he took in a deep sigh of relief. He heard someone heading over and stood up, smiling at Jenna make her way over. "Well... I was thinking of just watching a movie at my place or even your place if you want to. I just sorta want to relax a bit, you know? These last couple of days haven't been easy on us." He shrugged, shoving his phone back into his pocket with a smile.

"A movie sounds good and let's do your place, you've got a bigger TV anyhow," she smiled at him. Her reason for choosing his place wasn't really TV, it had more to do her parents being home. "Well then, let's go!" She held out her hand for him to take. This wasn't typical Jenna behavior, at least no one at school really saw her like this, but Jenna felt comfortable with it and she didn't care who saw.

Their cars were parked at opposite sides of the parking lot, so they had to part upon hitting the asphalt, "Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes I guess!" She leaned up and kissed him sweetly on the cheek and trotted off to her car, her skirt bouncing with each step she took. It was a Friday night so that meant she could be out a little later than usual. Before heading out, she sent her parents a quick text, just telling them where she was going to be.

After minutes later, she was parked in her driveway and getting out to head over to Axel's. She had gotten there before him, so she waited on the porch steps. Axel's mom noticed that Jenna was out front, so she came out to sit with her. They chatted for a bit about nothing important. "I'm glad that you and Axel are getting along, it's been long overdue!" Jenna giggled, "yeah, I thought we would be mortal enemies forever!" His mom smiled and as Axel pulled into the driveway, she excused herself back into the house.

Axel was starting to like Jenna's new outlook more and more. She was much more lively, funny, and more entertaining then he could have ever imagined. He watched in surprise as her car zoomed out of the parking lot and fired over onto the road, his place being her first stop. He smiled, slamming his car into reverse and following her. Unfortunately, he hit a few red lights on his way back, so he was going to be a bit later than she was. Finally he pulled into his driveway, seeing his mom and Jenna talking happily on his front porch.

"Geez, in a hurry aren't you." He chuckled, quickly locking his car before making his way up to the house. "So I don't have too many movies, but I think we can pick out something that's not too horrible." He laughed, taking her hand and leading her into the house. He led her up the stairs and back to his room, finally letting go of her hand to go check his movie shelf.

"Hmmm..." He tapped his chin lightly, "I don't think we should watch any gory 80s horror movies tonight," he chuckle, "let's see... what are you in the mood for?" He asked, straightening to glance back her her with a smile. "First time you're over that we're going to do nothing but hang out. It's sorta refreshing!"

She playfully rolled her eyes at him as he approached her on the porch. He would always tease her and Jenna realized that she liked it, it wasn't the type of teasing that she hated, it was the type that he did that told her like kind of liked her. She smiled and walked with him into his house and up to his room. His room was the same, oddly enough, Jenna was expecting it to be dirtier, but it wasn't. She went and had a seat on his bed as he looked over movie selection.

She popped off her shoes and got comfy, "Yeah, no gory 80's horror movies! She crinkled her nose at him. "Uh, I dunno, a comedy I guess!" She shrugged her shoulders, not particularly caring what they watched, it was just nice to be hanging out with him. "Yeah, it's nice to be over here willingly!" She winked at him.

Back
Top Bottom