Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Game of Love

Hi all,

Just exploring interest in a group RP that is freeform but where there might be some hidden 'goals' for each of the players to achieve and get points for.

Loose idea would be a setting like a multi-night Ball or party, potentially in a historical period like French Revolution. Everyone could be a noble lord or lady, or a servant if you desire.

I would act as GM and give everyone, after they'd created their characters, a secret 'goal' for the night. The goals, of course would be designed to create drama and intrigue.

For instance, a man might have the goal of seducing a certain lady. But the lady's best girlfriend might have a goal of seducing him. And the lady herself might have the goal of seducing her girlfriend!

While I wouldn't want the goals to be shared explicitly, your challenge would be writing them into your character's actions in a believable way. And since it is a game, if you are too obvious your target could thwart your plans and prevent you from getting your points. It may make sense, for instance, to flirt or even seduce other characters to disguise your true target.

We'd have a couple rounds, with fresh goals set for each 'scene' in the story. I could give a main goal and a 'stretch' goal worth more, and potentially a negative goal that your character should try to avoid.

Just floating the idea out to see what people think... I imagine it could be a fun mechanic in a free-form setting!

-Prince

Ok, well I'm glad two people are interested! I'd ideally like to have around 6 characters. So let's see if we can gin up some more interest...

Back
Top Bottom