Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventure In Midgard Search for the Talisman of Sun.((HaloHeroWolf118 & Lawpreacher))

HaloHeroWolf118

Supernova
Verric poked at the fire sparks leaping out of the flames as to vanish in the cold night air, Verric didn't know how he had gotten roped into this venture but it was no use complaining. Bolverk was an Arcanist a wielder of magic who slept wrapped in his blankets the older man had grey at his temples and had asked Verric to help him retrieve something valuable but wouldn't say what the coin was good so Verric hadn't asked allot of questions. His bright blue eyes scanned the ring of darkness as his slightly pointed ears twitched listening the sounds of the forest. He didn't like quiet well not when in the wilds atleast, he tossed another piece of wood onto the fire before standing. He was tall and built well his life as a thief had toned his body he carried no shield and wore only light leather armor. His skin was lightly tanned and his blond hair was cut short, dark stubble covered his face he scratched at it as he quietly walked the ring of light his other hand swinging at his side. His weapons hung on his belt though there were more concealed than what were seen a sword and a long curved knife hung on his belt on opposite sides. Bolverk turned onto his his back and began to snore which made Verric laugh lightly at the sound even though he would hate it later.

The forest was quiet disturbed only by the sound of wolves in the distance and owls as they hunted for mice of course Bolverk's snoring was also there. Verric stopped placing his boot on a stone that stood just within the ring and he stood their gazing out at the dark woods as a wind rattled the naked branches of the trees. "I'm beginning to think the gods are punishing me." he muttered as he sighed and walked back to his seat by the fire and poked at it again. He began humming to himself an old song about triumph and glory. The howling of the wolves grew closer which made Verric worried even with other howls answering further away and not in their direction. He laid a hand on the pommel of his sword as he sat there watching the shadows.

A chill fills the air as Bolverk feels an electric surge. A very large almost nine feet tall woman with a claymore strapped to her back appears five feet above the ground and falls on a bed roll. She is wearing a mithril breastplate and leather skirt.

Bolverk and Verric both jumped as the woman appeared Bolverk standing up as he looked over the strange and large woman. Verric approached her carefully his eyes moving over her curves and taking in her size, "What are you doing?" hissed Bolverk as Verric crept closer toward the woman. He raised a hand and light tapped the breast of her silver breast plate lightly.

Brigit grabbed Verric hand and spun him so she had his hand behind him. "What in the twelve realms of my Mother's people?"

Verric gritted his teeth as the giant of a woman grabbed his hand and spun him around and with inhuman strength kept his arm behind him. "Easy friend we mean you no harm I am Bolverk arcanist and my friend their is Verric master thief. You just appeared out of nowhere and my companion was merely seeing if you were real." the Arcanist said holding his staff like a spear. He wasn't dressed like an Arcanist as he wore similar gear to Verric only without the sword and with a long curved knife.

Verric was worried she would tear his arm off, *Should have picked a different spot to tap.* he thought as he waited to see if Bolverk could save his arm. "Perhaps you could have her let me go?" he spoke to Bolverk as he remained still making no move to try and free himself but he was ready to move the second the chance appeared.

"Midgard as the gods would call it or earth if you wish to be plain." answered Bolverk. Verric rubbed his wrist where the woman had grabbed him the woman was taller than him by three and a half feet but he had to admit she was beautiful and the height difference made her oddly more appealing. "I have introduced us and answered your question now may I ask what is your name and where did you come from?" Bolverk asked her leaning on his staff now that she had released Verric.

"You are correct about the introductions but in correct about the question. I am Brigit Nordborn, Half Giant Valkyriekin Bearsark and Cleric of Dianchect of the Tuatha De Denaan. Where on Midgard are we?" Brigit sits up. Bolverk senses a strange almost electric surge in the air.

"Isen Forest." Verric answered as Bolverk seemed distracted by something, "We're on a venture to get something from some abandoned temple." he continued as he watched Brigit. "I believe we should move on now." he said as he began to roll up his blankets. "So we're just going to let her tag along or go her own way?" Verric asked Bolverk. "The air is charged by some strange magic we may have another arrival and I doubt it's friendly." Bolverk answered. *He has a point but I'm not going to say it.* Verric said as he went to collect his own bedding.

Brigit frowns. "Isen Forest sounds unfamiliar. Perhaps I should stay with you. Assist with my sword arm and spells?"

"Ah so you also can use spells perhaps that is the unfamiliar power I'm sensing." Bolverk said lighting up as the woman said she could use magic. Verric on the other hand was glad for the sword as word in the village they had left spoke of monsters or some creatures in the woods that waylaid travelers. He rolled up his blankets and uses a twig to light their lamps, "Lead the way Bolverk you know the way after all." Verric said as he handed the arcanist his lamp. "It's official the gods are punishing me." he muttered before turning to Brigit and smiling friendly, "I hope we won't need your sword but I'm glad to have it." he said and turned to follow Bolverk.

He was dead on his feet after a few hours but Verric said nothing nor asked for a rest even though Bolverk often stopped to consult one of his journals and map. Whenever they stopped he leaned against a tree and let his eyes close but every time he would nod off Bolverk would announce they were moving. Even though he was tired he was still alert and sound and he kept his eyes sharp.

Verric sighed as he leaned against a tree as Bolverk stopped them once more his eyes felt heavy as he waited for him to check their course. His ears twitched as he picked up a sound nearby his hand resting on the hilt as he lowered his lamp and then vanished into the surrounding darkness. Bolverk looked back about to ask Verric if he had any thoughts, "Where'd he go?" he asked Brigit as he looked around. "Damn Half Elf." Bolverk growled making the word elf sound like something filthy.

Verric returned wiping blood off his knife as he kicked a man into the light of the lamp, "Behold the monsters of Isen forest." he said as he force the man onto his knees. "Damn filthy half breed." the prisoner growled he wore a wolf pelt the head coming up and covering his balding head. "Bandits as I thought." said Bolverk Verric said nothing as he sheathed his knife. "Where are your friends?" Bolverk asked. "Further on waiting to ambush these were just trackers or petty thieves who go after the weak." Verric answered as the man seemed unwilling to speak save in curses and insults. "Either way we have to figure a way round or how to fight them. Any ideas Brigit?" Verric asked her.

At the half breed comment, Brigit growls. "Don't make me angry, mage. You won't like me when I am angry. As for fighting or stealth I say fight."

Bolverk seemed to ignore Brigit's comment about making her angry, "The Temple isn't far." the mage said as Verric gave thought on how to handle the bandits while their prisoner struggled with his binds. "Stealth would be easier but more time consuming so fight might be our only option." he said at last as Bolverk seemed more unsure, "Be ready for anything." he finished and picked up his lantern and bed roll. He made sure to sling it across his back so he could draw his sword before knocking out their prisoner with the pommel. They resumed course as Bolverk stated and once again they marched on just as the sky began to grow pale with encroaching morning.

Brigit sighs. "Single Breeds. Stealth might be an option for smaller, weaker less honorable people. But I was built for combat."

"No doubt." Verric replied, "But stealth has it's uses like for one no body tries to kill you. Secondly my mother was an elf so Bolverk is the only single breed here." he finished. Bolverk grumbled something about bandits and troublesome distractions. "Lastly I like how your built." he said as the trees grew more dense and brambles lined the sides of the path.

"Awe how sweet yet another mortal trying to butter my bread." Brigit shakes her head thinking they don't know how to treat either a Half Giant or a Valkyriekin and I am both.

"Not really no just saying." Verric said as a knife appeared in his hand and with a flick of his wrist took the throat of a pelt wearing bandit that had been about to stab her in the back. "Ambush." he shouted as twenty more appeared on either side knives in their hands as they came at them howling and brandishing their knives. Bolverk caught one with a bolt of light while Verric clashed with three at once his skill saving him but his tired state keeping him from do much else but defend.

(Stab her in her Huge sized Claymore good luck) She removes her massive sword and places it between the bandits legs then slowly around. "You should give this life up and return to your family before I lift my sword."

(A Claymore is what William Wallace used in Brave Heart it is a large weapon and when increasing it's size for your character you have to factor in that it isn't as wide as she is. So yes the bandit could aim for her mythril breastplate easily though not now since Verric killed him unaware of the make of her armor also they are being attacked by twenty men right now.)

Verric stabbed and slashed at his opponents while Bolverk threw balls of fire chanting the incantation for the spell all the while. Verric didn't like fights like this he liked fights to be over before they started meaning he liked to eliminate as many as he could without being spotted before attacking anyone openly. Though he also avoided fights since he was a thief not a soldier.

[Equote='HaloHeroWolf118' pid='1257819' dateline='1380471305']

Verric stabbed and slashed at his opponents while Bolverk threw balls of fire chanting the incantation for the spell all the while. Verric didn't like fights like this he liked fights to be over before they started meaning he liked to eliminate as many as he could without being spotted before attacking anyone openly. Though he also avoided fights since he was a thief not a soldier.
[/quote]
(Powerful build as a racial ability gives me the carrying capacity of a Large creature and let's me wield weapons as if I am Large or medium. Monkey grip let's me wield weapons one size category larger then her so Huge or Large. She is a Giant not Human)

Brigid pulls of her massive sword and screams. "Bandits kneel and beg my forgiveness." She runs through two bandits then kicks them off at a third to emphasize her intimidation.

((Okay.))

Verric had killed two of his attackers only to be flanked by the third who stabbed at his side luckily his armor took most of the damage but he was still left winded and on the defense till Bolverk caught the bandit with a fire ball. With so many of them already dead in a brief span the bandits broke and ran off back into the woods. "How badly are you injured Verric?" Bolverk asked as he strode over to him. "It didn't get through my armor." he said as he straitened although he did hold his side. "Good then lets move on." Bolverk said he turned and resumed their course. "Ass." Verric muttered as winced taking a step the blow had bruised some ribs it seemed but he ignored the pain.

"I could use some but I don't see a cleric around anywhere." Verric said laughing a little bit and wincing. Bolverk kept moving ahead of them as Verric attempted to keep pace with his injury shooting pain through him on each step.

Back
Top Bottom