Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In Too Deep (Nico x KaGoroth)

There was the rumble of a car pulling in to the drive and then a knock on the front door.

"Z? Z, it's Kent. Open the fuck up."

Micah murmured in his sleep, and his arms contracted around Zavier's middle. He wasn't letting go.

There was a fumbling, a click, and boots coming down the hallway, not bothering to disguise their noise. "Z, where the fuck are you- oh." Kent stood in the doorway of the bedroom, looking down at the pair. He grinned at Zavier. "I could do with some of that myself, been up for nights straight."

His expression then sobered. "Really though, Z. I gotta talk to you." He gestured with his head out of the bedroom and left for the living room couch.

There was grumpy mumbling from the younger as Zavier slipped out of bed, and Micah began to wake, rubbing his eyes. He looked at the clock and groaned. It was too early.

On the couch, Kent sat and lowered a file on the coffee table. "I didn't remember to give this to you with the box, but don't fret, I didn't peek." He frowned, "I know I promised you more time, Z, but I couldn't stay. All of Liam's old contacts are being bagged. Our kind. There's a new guy in charge, probably one of Liam's friends, another old syndicate boss. His name's Robert Zimmerman. Have you heard of him?"

Micah stumbled into the room, heading towards the bathroom, and had a little shock at seeing Kent. He grumbled some more.

Kent looked from the closed bathroom door to Zavier, "What, did I step on his tail?"

Coming back out, Micah shuffled sleepily towards them and sat on the couch as well. "What's that?" He asked Zavier about the file, and then moved to pick up the letter and pictures that were still on the coffee table.

"Hey. What are those?" Kent's hand came down on Micah's wrist to stop him. Micah's eyes widened and he froze,

"p-ictures. from the box."

"Let me see."

Micah handed them over, and then scooted away from Kent.

"Shit, Z. This is our guy," Kent raised the pictures of their mom and the man up, "younger looking' but that's him."

"That's who?" Micah said, sitting up straighter and blinking the sleep from his eyes.

"Robert Zimmerman. The syndicate boss who's taken over for Liam."

"What?!" Micah yelled, grabbing the pictures, he then looked to the file Zavier was holding, "Matt, dad's name was Robert too."

Kent whistled lowly, running his hand through his hair. He gestured at the file. "I'm pretty sure that's got all the legal documents Liam could collect on your family right there. But I'd be surprised if it's got anything on Zimmerman."

Micah's head was spinning. Kent said the picture matched up with "Robert"… was that really their father? When did Robert Evander become Robert Zimmerman? "Mom said he had an addiction and left when I was 3," he mumbled, staring down at the pictures. Was everything in his life a secret he wasn't in on?

Zavier sat in silence for a moment as he looked over the file and the contents, thinking things over. His gaze went to Micah as he walked past and turned to Kent giving him a stare for his comment. As Micah sat beside him and and they looked through everything Zavier paused for a moment as Kent grabbed Micah's wrist but didn't speak for now. Micah's words sent a chill up his spine as he saw the resemblance in the two pictures and his brother spoke of there father being called Robert. Zavier looked at the photo's again before turning to Kent and speaking.

"Liam spoke of him a couple of times but....." He sighs. "If this really who has taken over we are in some deep shit, even Liam was scared of this guy. A few years after I started working for Liam he told me that one of the workers Zimmerman hired to clean his car left a tiny scratch on the side. Zimmerman cut the guys fingers off and threw them to his dogs." Taking a deep breath Zavier put the files and photos back on the table and shakes his head. "The man is a pure sadist, makes what I've done over the years look like a children's TV special." Zavier stands up and walks to the glass door that leads to the back garden and puts his hands behind his head. "FUCK" He takes a few deep breaths as his hands move back down beside him.

Turning around he looks at Micah and sighs. "Sorry brother, things aren't going to be as quiet as I promised." Kent looks up, his look showing he is worried. "Z, I'm sorry man but father or not we have to do something about this. The guys he is bringing in make the twins look like nothing. You know someone like that won't stop until we are all taken out." Zavier looks to him, his voice raising. "You think I don't fucking know that?" His right hand balling into a fist. "There's no way two of us could take him and everyone else out, It's not possible." He starts pacing for a while, trying to think about what there going to do. "I have enough supplies to last a few months and enough hardware to secure this place and see off anyone he sends but nowhere near enough to take him on."

Kent stands up now and looks at him, trying to hide the look of fear. "Z....you know if he finds out about this place and knows it's you staying here then he won't send a few guys.....he's going to send a fucking army. Jesus Z you know I'm right." Zavier looks at him, knowing he's right but not wanting to scare Micah. "Ok Kent....give me some time to think. Look....there's a spare room down the hall, grab a shower and some sleep and we will talk about this after I have time to think and your rested and not pissing yourself." Kent starts to walk away and Zavier turns around. "Kent....one more thing.....you put your hands on my brother again and I'll cut them off." Kent walks away without speaking and Zavier sits back on the sofa with the picture of Zimmerman in one hand and the picture of there mum and who now could be there dad in the other hand.

"Seems it's obvious why he disappeared now, if this really is him.....if our father really is Zimmerman you know what this means? If he comes for us then he is going to send everything. It also means he sat by and did nothing when Liam sent me after you, he knew everything." Zavier knew there was no chance of winning this, taking down Zimmerman was not even an option at this point, it couldn't be done. Zavier looked at Micah not knowing what to say to him and just pulled him in close and held him, resting Micah's head against his chest.

Micah fell silent, quietly staring at the coffee table as the others discussed. Unlike Matthew, he remembered their mother and the stories she used to tell of their father. She would curse him for his addiction and for leaving his family, but she had kept one picture of him on her bedside stand until the day she died. After that day, Micah was never able to locate where the picture had gone, but then again what did a parentless, depressed kid want with one old photo of someone he never knew?

The severity of the situation hadn't truly donned on him yet in his shock; Micah numbly watching his brother pace and feeling the intensity radiating off him. When Zavier pulled him into a hug, Micah reflexively lifted his arms and wrapped them around his brother's neck. He didn't care if it was childish to want to hide his face in Matt's neck; he felt like a kid all over again.

Micah didn't say anything for a long while, and Zavier would feel a wetness leaking on the skin of his neck, but his younger brother wouldn't move much except to push closer into him. This was where Micah and Matthew deviated. Matthew was a doer, a planner, a strategist and he got his jobs done without any emotional remorse. Micah on the other hand crumbled and retreated, he wasn't strong or hardened, he didn't even know why Zavier still thought he was a risk he could take. Zavier was something of a sociopath, he had trouble connecting to people in a … "normal" way. And now they were both experiencing the world being pulled out from under them. He gripped his brother tighter, not wanting to lose the last foundation he had.

"If that is 'dad'… and he's… 'Zimmerman'… then, he's the one who will have the answers, Matt." Micah mumbled quietly, afraid of his own words. So many times he thought he'd lose his brother. Now everything just seemed… so unfair. So stacked against their lives, he wondered if it hadn't been better to have died by his brother's hand, instead of… An image of Zavier lying dead flashed through his mind, and Micah coughed on a sob.

Zavier felt his brothers tears against his neck and gently rubbed his back to try and comfort him. This wasn't something he was trained for but he could tell his embrace help Micah. He sat for a moment with him and kept him held close as he tried to figure out what he was going to do. Zavier now had to face that there own father knew he was sending one son to kill the other and knowing what Zavier did to his victims there dad still sent him after his youngest son. As Micah spoke Zavier pulled back a little to look at him and spoke with a serious tone to his voice.

"Micah....if her is our father then there's nothing left of who he used to be there. He knew the kind of person I am and he still sent me after you knowing what would happen to you." There is a little look in his eyes, almost like there was a real sense of emotion as what he had done to his brother flashed in his mind. Zavier takes a deep breath and with his arms still around Micah lifts him up into his arms and carries him to the bedroom and lays him on the bed. Zavier sits with this back against the head board and rests Micah's head on his lap, gently rubbing his shoulder.

"Micah.......I'm sorry." His voice kept his rough tone but there was truth in his words, he meant it. Zavier had never apologised for the things he had done but with Micah in his life and with all that has happened he is slowly realising the person he used to be. "I know I hurt you......I can't take that back but I want you to know I am sorry." After a moment he gently lifted Micah's head to look at him and Zavier was unsure why but instead of kissing his forehead or cheek he pressed his lips softly against his brothers before pulling him close into his embrace.

Their father had known. Micah stiffened up, nodding at Zavier's words, and staring into his eyes. He was serious, and his tone was still rough and low, but there was a real spark of feeling showing in Zavier's eyes, and his touch had been soothing. Once again, he was lifted and carried… Micah didn't complain. He wasn't letting go.

He lay on the bed with Zavier, his head in his lap and tried to keep his mind off of everything, feeling Zavier's hand there, always there for him, protecting him. He needed Zavier more than he needed water; without him, he would be dead.

Micah was quiet after the apology, his breathing had gone still. The words touched him, surprised that Zavier would show that emotion, and he didn't tense up when his brother turned his jaw. Micah's eyes shifted over his brother's face as it grew nearer, and then… Zavier pressed a kiss to his lips. His mouth was soft. Micah's parted in surprise, and then he limply was pulled up into Zavier's chest.

Tucked into Zavier, Micah touched his own tingling lips together, confused. The kiss had been so soft; Zavier's lips were probably the softest part of him… looking up at his brother after a moment, Micah hesitated, and then reached up, brushing his lips against his brother's cheek until their lips met again... Micah pressed a kiss there, his eyes opening to look into his brother's dark pair, a shiver running through him. He pulled his lips a fraction of an inch away, "I… forgive you… for everything."

Zavier felt good as Micah pressed his lips against his cheek and then back to his lips, almost managing a smile as his brother forgave him. After a deep breath he gently cupped his brothers face and pressed his soft lips against Micah's again, kissing him more deeply this time before releasing. There was something about being this way with Micah that almost helped him forget what had happened and that he could maybe have a normal life with him. Zavier's hand moved to Micah's chest and after lifting his shirt his hands slid softly from his brothers chest round to his back and pulled him back against him.

Zavier wasn't intending to take thing all the way as he knew Micah would probably still feel tense and nervous but his brothers skin against his hands made Zavier feel relaxed. "I know this has all been hard and things haven't exactly gone the way either of us thought it would. I will keep you safe I promise." Zavier takes a deep breath, almost not wanting to speak the words out loud. "It may be hard to hear Micah but....I may have to kill him if he isn't going to leave us alone. Things are going to get dangerous but this place is off the books and only me and Kent know about this place. Everyone else who knows is dead."

Zavier pauses for a moment and tries to think over what he's going to do. "Micah.....I'm going to have Kent give you a few shooting lessons. I have a couple pistols that you should be able to use, I need to know your protected if something happens. I can shoot but Kent is better and I usually don't use a gun." The thought of having his brother learning to shoot pissed him off but he didn't let it show. The plan was to come up here so they were safe and now they have an even bigger problem on there hands. "How are you coping brother?" Zavier was worried about how all this could affect Micah after all he has been through already.

The kisses had him feeling strange, almost lightheaded… it didn't quite register that he was "kissing" his brother, and therefore the action was wrong, because of all of the other touch they had already shared, but this touch… this felt good. Better than he expected. It made him relax further into Zavier, the kiss distracting him from the nervous feeling of a calloused hand sliding over his skin and pulling him in tight.

Taking in those words, Micah sank his head to Zavier's shoulder. Kill their father… the only other family they had. Micah nodded slowly; He really wasn't family. Robert had never been a father, at least in Micah's mind. There were so many unanswered questions…

"Okay," Micah muttered against Zavier's shoulders, his hands wrapped around and playing on his brother's back, "It's important; I understand." Using a gun… with the intent to kill… wasn't something he was capable of, he didn't think. He could see the wisdom there, though; he'd learn from Kent, because any extra defense they had would be helpful. He'd learn, and he'd protect his brother. He needed to protect his brother.

"I'm not…" Micah admitted with a shaky laugh, gripping his brother tighter, "I'm trying not to think about it all, Matt. I don't want to lose you again. I won't lose you." That was the only thing keeping him hanging on and not devolving into panic; the fear of losing his brother if he shut down was worse. "I promise I'll do my best, and if anything happens…" He stopped, his throat tightening up as he twisted the gold ring on his finger over his brother's shoulder, "we'll be together… in one way, or another."

Zavier knew Micah wasn't really coping well but could see he had potential to find the strength to get through this. He placed his finger under Micah's chin and gently lifted his head so he could look into his eyes. "We will always be together Micah.....Like I promised years ago." Zavier sat with Micah for a while, holding him close until he heard Kent get up and start walking around. The shower started up and as Kent showered he gently moved Micah and walked him into the front room. After a while Kent came out in some fresh clothes and looking refreshed then sat down opposite them. Zavier walked out to the garage and came back with two fully loaded 9mm Beretta's and placed them on the table with two boxes of ammo then looked to Kent.

"Ok Kent, I want you to give my brother some shooting lessons, he needs to be able to protect himself if something happens to us. There are plenty of things to shoot at out there and no one is going to hear any gunshots as we are well out of the way." Zavier took the mag out of one of the pistols and handed it to Micah then turned back to Kent. "There's a shit load of ammo here so let rip."

Kent nodded and picked up the other pistol and started looking it over, smiling as he looked back up to Zavier. "I remember when you got these, fucking lucky you did......remember? You were going to wait till after the job but decided to get them before. We ran out of bullets and all we had was these and we were both thankful you got them then." Zaver and Kent laugh a little as they remember what happened and Kent looked to Micah. "Sorry mate....last thing you want is to hear is about killing" Giving Micah a nod and a smile. "Your in good hand Micah, I'll have you shooting the wings of a moving fly." Kent seemed a little more relaxed and humorous now he had slept and had a shower.

Zavier looked to Micah and placed his hand on his shoulder and spoke softly. "I need to sort out some things and it means leaving for a couple hours. Kent will make sure your safe, I trust him and you can to." Zavier looks up to Kent and looks serious as he talks in a more stern tone. "Kent....make sure you only shoot towards the lake, no bullet holes in the walls again. I don't want another place shot up cause you ran out of targets." Kent laughing as he speaks. "Fuck...I forgot about that.....I thought you were going to kill me." Zavier continued speaking. "No talking about old jobs, just teach Micah how to handle the weapon and how to shoot." Zavier looked back to Micah and took a deep breath. "Don't worry brother, your in safe hands.....I promise." Zavier stood up and grabbed the car keys and his wallet and gave Kent a nod before leaving.

Micah took the Beretta, it was a sleek looking handgun, and then the mag Zavier handed him. He smiled at his brother, and then smiled slightly at Kent. He was being friendly enough. Zavier's parting words had him worrying… stuff to sort out? He'd be one for an hour? Leaving? Micah hugged him back, watching him grab the car keys and exit out the garage. He fiddled nervously with the gun in his hand, looking towards the closed door before Kent took the gun out of his hand and showed him how to use it.

"Keep doing that and you'll blow a hole through your own foot if you've got it loaded," Kent laughed.

"Alright," Micah said, "how's this work…"

Once they'd got the basics out of the way; the safety, the hand position, how to load and take the mag back out, Micah was ready to start shooting. He followed Kent outside, happy to be out in the fresh air. Out towards the lake was stunning; the sun was high and the water looked clear and calm. He almost didn't want to disturb it.

After Kent double checked each weapon he handed it back to Micah and aimed his own into the lake. "Ok Micah, there are a few buoys out there so we can start with them. Watch my posture and how I aim and fire and then you can try it yourself." Kent looked around for a few other targets and saw a tree at the end of the garden and a fence that separated the garden from the lake.

Kent turned and aimed the gun and let off four shots into the buoy and hit it in the same area with each bullet. He then put another four shots into the tree and two shots into three of the fence posts. "Ok, now hold the gun up and aim carefully then take in a deep breath and shoot before you exhale, and remember it's going to kick back when you fire."

"Right, four to the buoy and tree and then take a few shots at the fence posts. Don't worry if you don't hit anything for now as this is more about getting your posture and breathing right." Kent stands behind Micah and moves him into a firing position. "Shoot away mate" Stepping back a little.

Micah watched Kent with amazement. He was impressed. When he was handed the gun, it took a while to get him set up into position, trying to remember what Kent said about breathing with each pull. Shooting while you exhale…

He exhaled, trying to line up the gun with the buoy. He pulled the trigger slowly… and the gun fired. Micah blinked, startled, and saw that he missed; the recoil and the sound had his heart pounding. Gritting his teeth, he set up his stance again and with Kent's coaching, he fired off three more shots slowly. None of them hit.

"Fuck," Micah cursed, frustrated. He turned to the tree, which was closer, and after two, he hit the bark. Smiling, he turned to Kent and pointed, excited, forgetting the safety was off, which earned him a lecture. Finally, he turned to the fence posts, which were much smaller targets… only managing to clip one.

Sighing, Micah turned to Kent, switching the safety back on. "What am I doing wrong?"

As Micah turned back to Kent and spoke Kent Reached out and tapped his shoulder playfully. "Wrong? You hit more than most people do on there first go. Don't worry about it to much." Kent continued to talk as he reloaded both guns. "Ok, one thing I will say though is that you need to exhale after the shot and not during." Kent turned to the tree and pointed the gun. "Inhale......Aim.......Shoot......Exhale" Kent takes a breath and aims, holding his breath and fires a single round into the tree then exhales.

Turning to Micah he smiles and puts the safety on to hand him the pistol and stand back. "Use the tree again and this time I want you to put five shots in the tree doing exactly as I just did." Kent steps back and as he waits for Micah to continue he can't help wonder were Zavier has disappeared to. Before Micah fires he interrupts, grabbing his knife from the side and walking down to the tree. He carves out a circle of bark, leaving Micah with something to properly aim at then walks back. "There you go, that should help if you have an area to aim for."

"Oh… ok" With the safety still on, Micah did as Kent said and set up his stance and aim towards the tree. Switching the safety back off, he takes a breath and holds it…

Kent interrupted and Micah tensed and then sighed, switching the safety back on and wondering what he was doing. When the target was carved into the bark, he smiled. "Thanks," he set up again, slightly faster this time… The gun went off but the result was the same; the initial sound and recoil had startled him, and he was thinking too much about it.

Getting his feet back under him, taking a breath, he tried to focus on the circle. Squeeze… The gun fired and Micah tried to keep it relaxed but steady. It his the bark, but not within the circle he was aiming for. Micah let out the breath with a smile. Another… He hit the circle, just inside it. The third hit outside the ring, and the fourth and fifth ended up scattered within it.

He smiled, turning to Kent, making sure the safety was on. "I barely moved the gun, I thought, but it made a big difference," he looked over at the tree, feeling proud. He'd actually hit it… but it required a lot of prep and focus. And then glanced back at the house,

"Did Zavier tell you where he was going?"

Kent was impressed with Micah's shots and smiled as he turned to face him, giving him an approving nod and a smile. "Very good Micah, see how controlling your breathing can help?" As Micah asked about his brother Kent paused for a moment. "I'm not sure mate, he's not the easiest person to read at the best of times." Thinking that probably didn't help relax Micah. "He's most likely gone to get supplies or just make sure the area is secure, try not to worry. I know Zavier well enough to know he wouldn't of gone if he thought if he was unsure about the safety of his safehouse."

In an attempt to take Micah's mind off worrying Kent grabbed to empty glass bottles by necks and looked at him. "Ok, let's do a few more mags and get your aiming a little more centred and soon I'll have you able to do this." He picks up his gun and throws the two bottles towards the lake and quickly fires off two rounds, hitting both bottle in the air. "There you go, won't be long till your doing that." laughing a little as he speaks. Kent then empties the rest of the mag into the buoy in the lake, sinking it before turning back to Micah. "Ok Micah, what I want you to do now is set up your shot and this time after you inhale empty the mag into the tree and then exhale.

Micah stayed mute as Kent tried to explain, but it wasn't his own safety he was worrying about when Zavier left. He knew when Zavier didn't tell him where he was going or what he was doing… It was usually something bad.

Micah watched as Kent chucked two empty bottles in the air, and then shot both before they fell back down, as if it were as easy as breathing. His mouth was hanging open. Then, with a loud racket of bullets emptying and finding their mark, Ken fucking…. he fucking sank the buoy.

Micah's mouth was still open when Kent turned to him. He looked at the water where the buoy had been and then back to Kent, and then gave a nervous laugh, shaking his head, "I really doubt it. Wouldn't want to be on your bad side…" It all had gone down so fast, so fluidly, he would never be able to do that much calculated damage. It was more than just training… it was skill.

Taking the gun back, and feeling more than humbled, he lined up the gun again, determined to do better than his measly attempts before. All at once, Kent said. No stopping and pausing before he set up again. Ok. He could do this…

Taking a breath in, Micah aimed… held it and settled, and then pulled the trigger, feeling the recoil vibrate through his arms as bullet after bullet shot from the barrel. His face grimaced, fighting to remained focused, his shoulders tense and then he heard the "click" of an empty mag. He exhaled. Looking at the tree, he could see it was peppered with a few shots, most of the bullets hadn't hit the inside of ring, and at least a few had missed.

Kent laughed as Micah spoke about not getting on his bad side and thought to himself, even if Micah was on his bad side the fact Zavier would rip him apart would stop any thoughts of doing anything. He giggled to himself as he thought and then watched as Micah unloaded into the tree. "Not bad.....I know it may not look it to you but you are doing well. Don't judge yourself to hard and remember this is your first time firing a gun. I've taught people before that took two or three mags before they even hit the target once." Laughing as he continues to speak. "One guy was such a bad shot he missed a bottle I put ten feet away from him."

Kent found himself enjoying this time with Micah and although he wasn't training people to work with him, it was almost a relaxing time for him. He had always enjoyed the sound of gunfire and having an excuse to spend the afternoon shooting was fine by him.

After an hour or practise and a lot of bullets Kent noticed Zavier should of been back by now, never knowing him to be even a minute late when he says how long he will be. After loading up a couple more mags and handing Micah the pistol Zavier suddenly emerged from the back door and stepped out into the garden. Kent see's him first and taps his watch "your over a minute late Z, what the hell?" Zavier lifts his watch so Kent can see, showing he's a minute early. "Set your watch right Kent." Smirking as he walked to Micah an placed his hand on his shoulder and looking over the tree and fence posts.

"When I said we had plenty of ammo I wasn't quite expecting it all to be used." Laughing as he jokes. "Ok brother, let me see what you can do." Stepping back and looking at Kent. Kent smiles as he speaks. "My new little friend is a fast learner, better than some I've taught in the past. Remember Marcus?" Zavier lets out a loud laugh. "Oh fucking hell that guy was fucking useless, ten feet and still misses." Zavier shakes his head and turns back to Micah and smiles. "Six on the tree and one on each of the five posts down the bottom."

Micah smiled, hearing Zavier's voice and turning to see him step out into the garden. He grinned when Kent praised him, glad that the ammo hadn't been a complete waste. The last hour had been practice and he'd really drilled him. Micah was grateful for the help.

"uh…" Micah hesitated when Zavier told him to show him what he could do. Fuck. He was nervous now. He didn't want to screw up in front of Zavier… Taking a deep breath, Micah nodded and then turned back to the tree. He swallowed, setting up his stance and trying to ignore the eyes watching him and judging… Ok. Focus.

Aim… Breathe in. Five shots without stopping into the bark of the tree… Micah exhaled halfway and then shot the last one. four of the initial ones had scattered into the bark of the tree; two just barely on the outside of the ring carved in the of the tree. One landed just inside, and the last one had made it into the ring. Tense, Micah inhaled again and aimed at the fenceposts, squinting. He took longer, going from on to the next, five shots fired, but only two hits.

He switched the gun's safety back on. Exhaling all together and relaxing, glad it was over, Micah smiled over at Zavier, rubbing a hand through his hair. "I'm not as good…" He glanced over to Kent, "it's tough, but it makes you feel alive," he laughed. Shooting for him was stressful, but Kent made it look easy.

he glanced back up at Zavier, "where'd you go?"

Zavier watched Micah and could tell he was nervous and grinned as he saw were his shots were going. As Micah turned around Zavier smiled and took the gun from him. "Well done, I've seen people who have been shooting for years that wouldn't of done as good." Turning to Kent. "Thanks for teaching him, I'll feel better knowing if something happens.....well lets not go there, Thanks Kent." Kent nods and smiles and Zavier turns to answer Micah's question, taking a deep breath before.

"Had to grab something I ordered a couple days ago and do a little recon." He looks to Kent with a serious look on his face. "The shit has seriously hit the fan in town with Zimmerman taking over, there are already a few hits out on him by people how stand to lose a lot of money because of him. I thought this might be a good thing but someone is feeding him information about who's setting up the hits and he's taking them out. He's already hired two people that were sent to kill him and then sent them back to kill the people who hired them originally." Zavier shakes his head as Kent speaks up. "I was worried something like this would happen." Zavier continues with slight look of worry. "I managed to uh....convince a drug dealer to give up some information about hits Zimmerman has set up still. Me and you are on it and Alicia but I have no idea were she is at the moment, she seems to of disappeared." Zavier pauses for a moment before speaking again. "I need time to think about what we are going to do next."

Zavier then turns to Micah and pulls out a box from the bag by his side and opens it on the garden table. "If your learning to shoot then you should have a good weapon by your side." Inside the box is a brand new custom made Baretta, silver with wood around the grip and a big M engraved on each side into the wood. "I hope you like it....I've not really given anyone a gift so I just got something practical."

Micah beamed, glad he'd done well enough to garner his brother's praise. Though, the smile faded when news of Zimmerman was relayed. Whoever this was had a good network and was clever about his dealings. Micah worried… the list of hits had his brother's name and Kent's. That meant they were hunting them. Suddenly, he wanted the gun back.

"Who's Alicia?" he asked, confused. Another hit man? woman?

"No one important…" Kent said briskly, looking out at the water, "We don't have much time, Z. You're sure they didn't tail you, right?"

Sitting at the table, Micah watched curiously as Zavier pulled out a box. He opened it… and Micah gasped.

The gun was… Amazing. "Holy shit… you got this for me?" He said softly, running his finger's over the shiny wood and the silver… The Beretta glinted in the sun. It was too much, he didn't deserve it… Micah hesitated, and then picked up the gun gently, almost afraid to touch it, marveling at the craftsmanship. It was a piece of art. He aimed it forward, testing the weight and ran his hand along the cool metal. Practical, like Zavier said.

Micah put the Beretta back in the box carefully, and then turned to hug Zavier with a grin, "Thank you Matthew. That's really…I-" words failed him. Instead, he pecked his brother on the lips, "I love it. Guess I really have to learn how to shoot well now, huh?" He laughed, letting go of his brother and staring down at the gun, and then closed the lid and picked it up. The stress of the news and the shooting had worn him out,

"Anyone hungry?" he nudged Zavier, "I'll make something to eat, what do you want?"

Zavier was glad that Micah liked the gun and hugged him after he felt Micah's lips against his. This was strange for Kent to see as the only thing he had seen Zavier do was rape and torture when he fitted a hidden camera in one of his kill rooms. He didn't say anything as he wasn't about to come between them and just stood back and continued looking to the water. Kent was unsure and nervous about going into detail about what he knew about Alicia. He knew Zavier believed he didn't know about Micah being his brother but he knew he would still be pissed that Kent knew that Alicia did.

Zavier was starving by this point and welcomed a cooked meal as he walked into the house beside Micah, Kent following behind them. Zavier looked at Micah and smiled. "Surprise us brother, the cupboards, fridge and freezer are well stocked. I need to talk to Kent for a bit but we will be right out and after we eat we can spend some time together ok?" Zavier kissed his brothers forehead and him and Kent went into the front room.

As they sat down Zaviers attitude changed as his face took a serious look and his tone of voice was stern, now more like the Zavier Kent was used to. "Ok Kent I need some answers. I didn't say anything outside as I don't want Micah upset but I could see the look on your face when I mentioned Alicia, and again when Micah asked who she was. I trust you and I believe that you didn't know about Micah being my brother so there's nothing to worry about there. However......your hiding something from me and you know me well enough not to hide things from me."

"Ok," Micah said, too preoccupied with the gift in his hands and ideas for lunch to notice the stony look that came over Kent's face. He put the box with the Beretta in his room, and then set on making chicken paprikash. If he got the stew correct, it would be thick and creamy and the chicken would be so soft it would melt off the bones… his stomach grumbled.

Out in the living room, Kent's eyes watched Zavier's hands as he sat slowly in an armchair. He supposed he had no choice; he had to come clean. He didn't miss the steel in Zavier's voice and his barely concealed threat. Kent took a breath,

"Not hiding, Z. Keeping a promise," he pointed down at Liam's box still on the coffee table, "I couldn't get that without a little inside help, you know that. You also know Alicia would rather kiss a dog before she helps me. So, I had leverage."

Here Kent chuckled, straightening his jacket, "You're great leverage. Everyone I know's scared shitless of you." The chuckles died down as the joke did nothing to dent the straight, emotionless face Zavier was staring him down with. Kent sobered up, getting a little more quiet and leant in,

"Don't flip, Z. Your brother's right behind you in the kitchen." He cleared his throat,

"I found out myself a few days after your… your last hit… went down, that Liam was giving special preference to a certain someone we both know, when he had been wanting to hit her off a few weeks before, remember? It wasn't too hard to put two and two together… She's communications and tech; she'd been watching Liam, tapping him, everything for a scrap of information that would keep her alive for one more day, because he had made the decision it was too dangerous to have that smart a thief working for him. She found herself a secret… something Liam didn't want screwed with. A secret so important to him, that he'd pay her off handsomely to keep it that way…"

Kent stared back at Zavier, "She was saving her own hide, Z, but yeah… she… she knew. She told me she owed me one after I confronted her about it; said if I didn't tell you, she'd uh…"

Kent coughed, "I was going to tell you, but of course I didn't know where you were, if you were even alive, and first thing when I found you, you sent me on this fucking death mission," he patted the box fondly, "so I used her debt to get it. My silence for the box."

Zavier sat in silence as Kent spoke and could see he was struggling to get his words out, seeing a look of fear in his eyes and trying to think what it could be. His comment about being good leverage and people being scared of him didn't amuse him as it was something he already knew. As he continued to listen he started to think he knew what was coming but it didn't do anything to help him take it easier as Kent explained about Alicia knowing of him and Micah being brothers.

Zavier's cold killer expression returned as his hands balled into tight fists as he tried to remain calm. He could see Kent getting scared as he knew what usually followed this reaction. Zavier stood up and walked to the door that led to the kitchen and watched Micah for a moment, knowing Micah was unaware he was watching him. After a few moments Zaviers fists relaxed a little as he thought about his brother and how losing his temper would set him back and turned back to Kent and sat back down. His eyes gave away his anger but his body looked like it was more relaxed.

"Alicia.....for fuck sake woman" His tone of voice rough and annoyed as he looked up to Kent and took a deep breath. "Ok Kent, I know now why you didn't want to tell me what was going through your mind." Thinking for a moment before speaking again. "I want to talk to her, I know she won't tell people about this place out of fear and she knows what I'd do to her if she did tell someone and I got to her before they got to me. Kent.....I want you to find her and bring her here, If she knew that much about Liam and his little secrets then she could have valuable intel on Zimmerman. Look into our old contacts and don't be afraid to get a little rough if you don't get the answers you want."

Zavier was hiding just how pissed off at her she was and intended to let her know but he also knew if anyone could get information on Zimmerman then it would be her. Zavier sat for a moment and started to think about how to handle the next step in there plan to be free from this life, waiting to see Kent's reaction to his next mission.

Kent watched Zavier closely, tensing when he stood up to pace. Micah seemed to have a calming effect on his brother, it seemed, and that was a damned good thing figuring if Micah wasn't here he'd have to bear the brunt of Zavier's wrath.

When he sat back down, Kent didn't move, listening closely. Finding Alicia was one thing. It would be hard. She was good at disappearing and grabbing ahold of leverage and aliases. He was pretty sure none of their old contacts could be trusted when it came to her, with all the misinformation she liked to play around with, but someone was bound to know something, and Kent was good at puzzles. It was most likely doable, but "doable" wasn't the problem. There was a long silence between then when Zavier finished, and Kent broke eye contact first, looking up at the ceiling and coughing once.

"Her secret, that was your right to know. I made a promise to her; to keep you away from her." He looked over at Zavier, and then back out the window.

"You want me to break my promise, Zavier?"

Zavier took a deep breath and looked to Kent, his eyes showing he was working something out and after a while he responded. "Would you rather I go after her myself? Me finding Alicia on my own and not having anyone around to stop me losing my temper would not end well for her, you know what I'm capable of Kent." His words bringing back memories of what he heard and saw through his hidden camera. Zavier wasn't going to be talked out of this, he wanted to speak to Alicia and although he didn't know how he would react he knew they wouldn't be able to move without her.

"We need her if we are going to move on Zimmerman, she's the only one who can get the information we need. With that in mind I can tell you I'm not going to kill her, that's her only saving grace." Zavier's tone still cold and stern as he knew there was nothing he could do to her if he wanted Zimmerman off his and Micah's backs. After a few moments of silence he sighed and took a deep breath and after checking over his shoulder to make sure Micah wasn't in earshot he turned back to Kent.

"This is going to be very dangerous and I know what I'm asking you to do but it has to happen, we need her or there's no point in going any further. If you can get her here then I'll owe you one." Zavier had never used these words before and being owed a favour from Zavier would be a big deal.

Zavier wasn't giving an inch, Kent could see, and he didn't think he would. The fact that he wouldn't be bringing in Alicia to be killed was a little comfort, but he was still wary,

"I get it. She wronged you, Z. Bad. I just don't like going back on my word..."

Nodding along as Zaiver explained, Kent sighed, putting a hand to his forehead. They all needed her for Zimmerman. They needed to survive, and for that they needed a edge on the competition. Kent stilled when Zavier lent in, his eyes widening slightly in surprise. Zavier didn't do favors, and he didn't bind himself to any promises. This was something big.

Kent's eyes traveled to Micah, wondering just how far Zavier had already gone for his brother. It was obvious that Zavier wasn't going to let anything get in the way of his plans, but this time it wasn't just payback or a job. This was something else… and in Zavier's eyes it showed that he was prepared to do anything.

"Alright," Kent nodded slowly, "I'll bring her here. Give me tomorrow, I'll leave today… But I'm eating before I go."

There were footsteps coming towards them, and Kent looked up, then smiled over Zaviers shoulder, "hey mate, smell's great!"

"Thanks," came the reply as a hand reached over Zavier's shoulder and passed Kent a cold beer and put one in his brother's lap. "It's almost ready, I'll bring it out here so you guys can relax."

When he had turned, Kent's smile faded, "Relax. Hah. She's going to be a banshee out of hell…" He took a swig of the beer.

"It's chicken paprikash- my mom used to make it, lots of cream and some paprika, and the chicken has to simmer for a long time because-" Micah sat at Zavier's side as they ate, talking Kent's ear off after he had complemented him and mistakenly asked how he made it… It seemed Micah hadn't had someone else to talk to for a while, and finally being able to relax, he had opened up more. He was able to relax further around Kent, but he didn't move from the place he'd stuck to Zavier's side, and would often reach out and place a palm on his brother's thigh. Kent noted all of this, the nervous mannerisms, and the need for his brother's proximity. He felt a brief sting of pity. It would do the boy some good to relax. Too bad with Zimmerman on their tails, that might not be very long at all.

After the meal, Kent offered to clean up, nodding at Zavier. He'd be off after he grabbed some supplies, and of course, washed the dishes.

Back
Top Bottom