Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Hero's Return (LadyYunaFFX2 & Kiroz's 1x1)

He smiled as she began to calm down, “He was just a clown… someone wanting to get some money that is all, he never held a gun on his life so nobody was in any real danger”. He smiled as he leaned to the back of the elevator, “his posture was wrong and his hands were shaking, he wasn’t a pro at all as I said most likely he did not knew how to use that gun”. He smiled kissing his woman’s cheek gently before the elevator door opened. Outside three police officers were waiting, Brian nodded at them “That was already taken care of, go up and arrest the thief”. He waved as he began to walk out and in direction to his van.

Opening the door so Xui could put Le in Brian waited for her to finish before walking to the passenger door and opening the door for Xui. Once he was back on his car however he turned the van on and drove away. His hands did not seemed to be shaking at all and he did not seemed to think anything about what just happened, his mind as gone through so much worst that he had a hard time recognizing anything as dangerous. He looked at her and nodded, “Well tomorrow we will get all the things you need for the house”.

He drove the rest of the way silent holding her hand as he drove. She did wanted to talk about some stuff but that could wait, he still had the wine that he brought from the restaurant so that should be enough for them to spend the night talking and having some wine. He looked at her and smiled, “Hon… don’t worry and I know what your thinking… trust me there is no possible way that they came here to get me… I know that for a fact… and the ones that had me… well they are not capable of doing anything anymore I made sure of that”. He smiled kissing the soft skin of her hand softly before he looked forward and a hour later arrived home. “Le…. Le dear we are home…” He walked up to her side and grabbed her on one of his hands, she was still a bit sleepy as she held on to him tightly. “Xui… could you open the door please hon?” he had one hand holding his daughter and another holding his cane.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpg

"But he came for you! And only you!" The concern left in a barely stable voice as she kept Le held close, her head bowing slightly before it shook. Maybe she was just overthinking. Gods knew she wanted to be. But she was still very afraid and anxious of the display that had just caught her eyes all the same. And even with all the reassurance Brian was trying to give her, there was still the nagging feeling that the fiasco had been the first of many. But she didn't want to be right about such an idea. A soft sigh left as her head fell against the back of the elevator, her feet instinctively moving as they arrived back downstairs. Her head instinctively bowed to the cops that were waiting and without a word, she moved past them, heading towards the van.

Sure enough, her first course of action was to get Le in first. Gently strapping her seat belt over the young girl's body, she got in, managing a smile to Brian as she followed suit. A deep breath left before she gazed upward for a few moments then back to Brian. "I ... I'm sorry. You're probably right. But admittedly, not many people can see that things they say on TV have happened to them for real." Any and all law shows, mainly "Law and Order" had been what went through her mind first .... but she assumed he knew what she meant otherwise. Her head fell against the back of the seat and the hour passed even faster than when they had headed to the restaurant. Then again, there was less traffic, a possible factor on how and why the trip had gone quicker and smoother.

One of the first noises that Xui heard after the car ceased was a low groan that came from the still very exhausted Le. Giving her a smile, she pulled out a key from her pocket. "You can go back to sleep in a bit. Just let me work on unlocking the door and you can resume obtaining your rest." The poor girl barely managed a nod as she turned her attention temporarily away from her daughter, slipping the key in and opening the door. She gently took the hand Brian wasn't holding and guided them both to Le's room, allowing Brian to know where it was. He would recognize it as what used to be the empty guest room. Xui had wound up putting it to very good use and amazingly, it was rather tidy.

Xui definitely made damn well sure that Le cleaned up after herself .. oh yes. She didn't allow for her to be too lazy.

Waiting for Le to lie down, Xui pulled the covers over her and gave her forehead a kiss. "Sleep well, dear."

"Night mommy. Night daddy .... " She murmured sleepily, her eyes eagerly shutting.

Once Brian was out of the room, Xui shut the lights off and leaned against one of the walls nearby Le's room. Her voice lowered to avoid waking her up as she looked back to Brian, holding his hands gently. "What do you think? It's been .... quite the chore but ... do you think I've done well enough with her?" She asked softly.

“You are a very good mother, I never said otherwise Xui, even back then I knew that if one day you would be pregnant that you would be a great mother”. He smiled and slowly walked to an empty couch before finally sitting down and rubbing his knee. The throbbing pain that would never stop… this is the price I pay for freedom? he smiled as he looked at her and imagined how her life would had been all these years raising Le alone like that. He could also see that she did not had any other encounters with anybody else while he was away thing that made him smile.

The house was a bit runned down but he could understand why, being alone raising a child was not easy and still she made it do. The ceiling was a bit cracked and the floor needed a brand new carpet thing that he could easily do with a few hundred dollars. He did not thought that she would want to move out, it would be too much of a hassle for the young Le to give up her friends in order to move away. He picked up the bottle of green pills and popped one in his mouth swallowing it soon after.

While he waited for her to come back and ask the usual questions he searched his pockets for the small box where he had the wedding ring. Smirking he knew that she would be his wife sooner or later but the question was if they got married by church or by state?. Taking off his jacket he placed it carefully on top of an couch and sat down. His long sleeved shirt was the only thing that was keeping her from seeing his serious wounds on his back, he hoped that when that time came she would not be afraid.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/boa15gif.jpg

Her head quickly shook no as did her hands. "I .. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it come out like that. I just ... " A weary sigh passed her lips as her eyes followed him whilst he moved towards the couch. The idea sounded nice in her mind and she joined him, eagerly sitting beside him. "There were times I questioned if I did the right thing, made the right choices with her. And even with the reassurance from your parents and friends that the answer was yes ... it still felt hard to believe at times." Her eyes studied Brian a bit before noting him rubbing his knee, making her inwardly frown. Hopefully his upper body wasn't giving him the same issues. She wanted to rest her head against his shoulder, have some form of reassurance he'd still be there when the sun rose. But then, she suddenly felt a bit too selfish.

After all, if she'd been able to wait ten more years, a couple days couldn't kill her. Right? He likely needs more time for himself ... as do I. So many temptations were flooding her head. To kiss him, make out with him, hold him, make love again -- but she felt the ability to muster the courage for any of these up fail to appear. It was somewhat silly, she knew, a bit more now that they were legally engaged. But after what he'd just gotten back from, it also seemed fair in her mind. As her gaze remained upon him, another surge of pride went through her as she took note of something else. Most soldiers had some form of PTSD -- post traumatic stress disorder. If he had it still, at least Brian wasn't showing or having random panic attacks like most did, if not worse.

It made her realize just how truly strong he was -- physically and mentally. She envied him in some aspects. So many of the traits he had, she lacked. Xui had damn well nearly freaked out and panicked in front of that .... well, literally, clown. Even now, a real reason as to why she'd kept her cool wasn't coming to her. Her eyes finally left from Brian and glanced in the direction of Le's room. It seemed like now was one of the best times to inform him of at least a few things. And since she'd sworn to explain the situation with her parents ... why not now? She sighed softly as she looked back to Brian.

"Back at the restaurant .. Brian ...." She bit her lip, trying to word it carefully. "I .. haven't been speaking with my own parents for years. Did you ever wonder why the move was so easy to have done? They made me choose a bit before we graduated to choose between them or you. I ... I tried, really, to negotiate and be able to have both. But they wouldn't allow it." Her head shook slowly no. "I'm not sure what happened. It was like they just abruptly ... snapped or something. Even a bit after Le was born, I called them in hopes the news of a granddaughter would make them happier and wish to start over. But even that failed. So .. I haven't really spoken to them in so long. Every time I try to, it just goes so ... so very badly."

Her head still wanted to lie against his shoulder but simultaneously Xui didn't want to press her luck. So instead, it fell against the cushion behind her, another sigh leaving her lips. "Was ... there anything else you wanted to know about, Brian?" She asked gently.

“Forget about your parents then, fuck them… we don’t need them. I have enough money to last us the rest of our lives. Any parent that treats their daughter like that does not deserve the tittle parent” he clearly was pissed off about how her parents were treating him but he knew that those two would never change. He was still glad though that she had chosen him instead of them, that made him feel very proud of her. He noticed how apprehensive she was of touching him and that made him smirk, “You know… the only thing that hurts now is my knee I got treatment for everything else and I am healed”.

He gently reached for her arm and pulled her close to him as he wrapped his arms around her small little body. Reaching with his other hand he gently lifted her face and kissed her lips. He thought he could never wait for something like this to happen, he waited ten years so that he could kiss these lips again and he was clearly enjoying his time with the sexy and wonderful set of lips. Finally he broke the kiss after what seemed to be minutes of him kissing her and smiled, “I am not going anywhere, not anymore… I will never abandon you again…I swear”.

He smiled and sighed before shaking his head, he wanted to see his parents but that could wait he was with the love of his life. “To answer your question… I was held captive and tortured for secrets I know about the US. You see I was in a lead of ten soldiers, there was one girl that was alone in a corner and one of my soldiers have a very soft spot for girls. He went to try and help but she had a bomb on her chest and blew herself up taking out most of my soldiers and almost myself. The next thing I knew was that I was in a cell and from there on it was torture every day of the week… you saved my life more times that I could even know… thinking of you calmed me down”.

"I ... I try, cold-hearted as that may sound. But even still, they are the reason I'm here, living and breathing. I guess that's ... what makes it hurt the most, you know? All the years of raising me, reassuring me they wanted me to be happy .. only to be ambushed with something like that ... " Her head shook no slowly. "I hardly understand it much anymore, though I've given up on figuring their logic." Her eyes glanced down toward his knee, almost as if trying to use an ungiven form of x-ray vision to see what was wrong with it. But then, she wondered more on the thought of working towards being a doctor. It really did have it's good sides to it and even with all the money Brian had been given, it wouldn't last forever. A while, yes. But not for all eternity.

And finally, she was pulled close to Brian in a passionate kiss, embraced gently soon after it ended. Her hands trembled slightly, arms eagerly wrapping around him as poor Xui snapped. Soft sobs that she'd been holding back for far too long began, tears falling slowly down her face and onto the cloth concealing his shoulder. "I've missed this, you, so damn much." She murmured, her hands holding as firmly yet gently onto his shoulders as possible, as if fearing some unseen force would try to make him leave again.

So many emotions were swimming through her then and there. She was very happy that Brian was back. But it'd been a living hell trying to raise Le and keep a strong front in front of her. The most hints she'd ever gotten were when she tossed and turned, like she previously had during the morning. Otherwise, she refused to allow Le see her break down and cry, lest she appeared like the weakest woman alive. But now he was back ... and that added onto the content feelings going through her. Yet the incident at the restaurant had refused to cease haunting her and it made her genuinely horrified. With having almost lost Brian once, she didn't know if she could deal with another close call.

No, she knew she couldn't. Le had been the only reason she'd avoided suicide. Losing him would no doubt make what sanity she still barely had completely fade away. That mere image added onto the fears and anxieties rushing through her. They only seemed to worsen as he revealed more on what happened. She flinched and cringed, her vivid mind seeming to put herself in a similar situation. Just thinking of her body enduring any form of torture made her wince, her eyes managing to look up at him as Xui panted slightly.

"Thank you ... for enduring, waiting like I did." A still shaky hand rose and weaved through his hair. "I ... can only begin to imagine you went through your own living hell while we were separated. But I really am proud of you ... for all you did for me, Le, the nation ...." She chuckled nervously, her head shaking. "I don't think I could have done anything like that." It only bothered her due to feeling as if she weren't patriotic enough. But Xui knew that wasn't at all true. There were other ways to be supportive of one's nation besides going in the military.

Still, sometimes she felt as if she didn't do enough. Her head lightly shook again as she took deep breaths, letting her head fall gently against his shoulder as she took deep breaths to help with calming herself. "I love you ... " She murmured softly, her hand slipping behind Brian's back once again as she kept him held close.

Back
Top Bottom