Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Beginning ... (Ignited & Distain)

He smiled and looked at her putting his hand on her side trying to remain as polite as possible when she first walked in. "What are you doing in her?" He looked at her confused and as she spoke he rolled his eyes he was not about to sleep with this girl she only wanted him because she knew he would be leaving soon. He hated bad girls almost as much as he hated sluts... "You need to leave. I am not going to fool around with you. I was trying to be polite I am not interested i don't want to sleep with you. " He groaned walking over towards the door urging her to leave hoping she would not start an issue for him in the town tomorrow.

Vivian hadn't waited around to hear what he had said, and she wouldn't have notice that he'd made Linna leave immediately after. She had already started back in the dark to get home. This was the last straw. She would arrange him to finish whatever duties he had been assigned and get him gone by the end of the week. And that was precisely what she did. The next morning she spoke to Kane about wanting to send him on his way with the fuel. She knew it was only a few days ahead of schedule and really she didn't care. The sooner he was gone the sooner she could forget him.

The next few days passed without incident, she kept her distance from him still and found it much easier to not care what he was doing. By the end of the week she also wrapped 2 painting, the one he had asked for and the one she had truly painted that night of the kiss. She no longer wanted it. She wrapped it up and wrote a note. It simply stated "This is in payment of keeping the secret of my art from the others, as agreed. The other I do not wish to keep it holds no connection to me any longer, and I want nothing to remind me that night. Good bye." She went to the shed during the day when everyone was about their duties and left the paintings propped in the back of the car. Leaving with her shoulders squared and no longer caring. She would not have to see him again once he left that evening. Then why did she feel like a part of her soul was going to be leaving with him?

He was confused she was now completely ignoring and the girl who had came over to his shed had been giving her strange looks ever sense. He was pleased though that he was able to leave a week before he had expected he was looking forward to going to a bit larger community. He hoped that a few short relationships would distract him from her he had never thought about a woman so much. Once he had eaten he got into his car smiling seeing the fuel gage reading full on both his bike and his car.

When he turned around to disconnect his bike from the fuel tank he paused seeing the large package. Stepping from the car he opened it smiling to see the painting he had asked for. Seeing the next he was stunned it was so filled with passion and lust he wondered why she would give it to him. When he read her note he was furious why would she have done this it frustrated him. He then turned and went to from the shed to her house leaving both paintings on hood of his car. He slipped back threw the town just after dinner knowing everyone would be home alone. He then slipped into her house picking the lock quickly he wanted to speak to her face to face. He then walked around slowly not wanting to make to much noise to alert her.

When he found her in her room he opened the door and stood there staring at her. "We need to talk and im not going to leave this room until we do. " He spoke firmly the frustration and anger showing a bit in his voice.

Vivian had pulled an old book from the trunk in her room and was propped up on her bed to read, determined she would NOT think about Nathan. She'd just showered and was laying in only a pair of shorts and shirt, hair damp and drying around her shoulders. She'd only read the first paragraph when she heard the door open and his form step in like he had every right to be in her home and in her bedroom. "What .. How did you.. GET out! I have nothing to say to you." She was shifting and moving to stand, her rifle sat propped against the foot of the bed. She had every intention of grabbing it and putting a hole in him, not mortally injuring, but she past caring if he was hurt.

He saw her moving to the edge of the bed and he moved with slipping his hand onto her stomach and throwing her hard back onto the bed. "No I am going no where until we talk this out and your not getting your gun so don't try it. " With that he grabbed the rifle and quickly removed the bolt so it would not fire. Tossing the bolt to the ground near the bed he stared at her not flinching but ready for any reprisal. "I saw your note. You lied to me and i want to know why. How could you paint something like that feel those feelings and then shrug me off like like water off a ducks back. " He growled clearly angry with her for lying to him.

She reached for the rifle as she saw him charging, but she made no progress as he toss her hard back onto the bed. Looking at him with furious anger now she stared at him straight in the eyes. "Go to hell Nathan, You didn't care a wit for me, other than a prospect of a warm willing body. I might had felt passion.. that night, but I am still glad I lied, that painting was too much, it was too much too soon, I had to distance myself from you. So I did. ANd I am glad I did. I wont be another girl along your travels. SO there.. happy.. we talked and now you can be gone and play your charm on another girl like Linna. SO get out!" Vivian scowls feeling all the more determined to make him leave she moves to stand again.

He allowed her to stand this time as he listened to her yelling staring into her eyes until she mentioned the other woman. "What! You think i slept with her? I threw her out she miss took harmless flirting for me wanting to sleep with her. I had no intention when i came here of finding some woman to share a bed with. If i was looking for that would i really have offered you the option to throw me out? Would i have went after a woman who held such power in the community? Or would i have gone for some girl who thought i was mysterious and sexy? It is amazing to see how little you think of me even after a month of living here. "

Vivian sank back slightly when he began yelling back at her. She swallows feeling a rush of nerves and uncertainty swirl in her mind. She bites her lip until he finally finished. "What did you expect of me Nathan? I knew you weren't staying, We fought since the moment we met. I don't know you, we just.. I .. mean we kissed, we had a moment. Thats all it was. Whether or not my power had anything to do with it, i don't know.. perhaps you thought I was a challenge. I thought perhaps you saw how weak and alone I was, I don't know.. I .. just go.. What else am I suppose to say, you have your fuel. None of this matters anyway.. your leaving. " she was holding onto the slightest shred of control not to cry.

"Your no leader... Your a coward! You hide here in your tiny village where your family gave you power so you don't have to work for anything there is nothing to work for. Linna saw what she wanted and went after it even if she was wrong she tried and put her self out there. Your to scared to even admit to your own village that you have a talent for painting. You hide behind your past, behind your name!" She was everything that he hated about his sister hiding in her big home with her easy life that was exactly why he left. "You stay here not because your of some obligation but because your afraid to leave afraid life will be hard."

He growled at her never moving away his chest less than an inch from her as he barked out at her mad more at himself for falling for her then at her at this point. "How could you get to know me you never spoke to me after my first 3 days here. You never even tried you where to scared to find someone you actually cared for. Someone who would push you to leave your comfortable little bubble." He hissed the anger leaving his voice a bit now that he had a chance to vent.

"YOU .. you.. " She growled and shoved him back 3 times and spoke the words an inch from his face now. "You want to know why I never left? It because the last thing my father said to me before he died was he wanted ME to take his place. I was 17. I had plans.. I had .. I was going to leave, I was going to leave it all including the man I was suppose to marry. I was going to let them ALL down. But after my father died. I couldn't. Your right I was scared, I am hiding, and it doesn't matter."

She stepped back again. Tears in her eyes now, no longer able to keep them back. "You are the first person to see my art since my father. The only one that seen other cities. I don't blame you for thinking me a coward. You should hate me, so if your finished now. I like if you stopped rubbing all of this in my face. You were right." She sighs, squares her shoulders, looking up to see his eyes again one last time. "I was afraid to let myself know you, because I knew even with just the kisses I was going to lose apart of my heart when you left. And I was trying to make the piece you took the smallest possible. Problem is.. you are still taking it all."

"Get your things. " He said calmly and firmly he was not going to take no for an answer he turned moving to her closet digging out 2 large bags tossing them to her. "Fill those i have room for those and maybe a dozen of your paintings if you keep them on their frames. Or i could cut them off the frames and we could take them all. " He spoke firmly moving to her paints and begging to pack them up with out so much as a word to allow her protest. He was going to take her with him this was the perfect excuse. "Once we get you close to finished packing I will go get my car then you have to be ready to leave when i pull up to the back door we wont have long to pack the car and get out. I will trash the place down stairs so it looked like i kidnapped you. Then you will not have to have the fear of them thinking you abandoned them.

"What?" She stood staring at him like he had just gone mad. "What.. why?" She frowns looking around at her room and the canvases. "I can't.. I .. " She looked down and then finally she moved, but she didn't move to pack, instead she was on the floor of the bedroom and pulling something from beneath the bed. When she shifting and sat up again, she held a small box. "It was all my parents had left of value from before they moved here." The box held trade money. Pressed coins of gold or silver. Things that never lost value. "I go, but I will leave a note. I wont .. I wont hide my choice. I leave a few of the painting for those I want to have them. I'd like to take all the rest." She pauses, stepping closer to him biting her lip. "Why are you doing though.. after everything .. why do this for me?"

"You can leave how ever you choose if you wish to leave a note and some paintings you can. " He took the box closing it firmly pressing it into her stomach if they really needed money he had plenty and they would be just fine. "Show me what paintings you want to leave here and i will begin preparing the rest. " He said softly as he began packing things for her emptying her underwear drawer into a bag seeming to show little concern over seeing things he should not. "Some times you need someone to push you into doing things like this. "He said softly looking over at her as he began packing as many of her cloths and shoes as he could into the 2 old duffel bags. He packed things carefully and tightly packing as many things as he could into the bags. "Leave your rifle you won't need it as much as they will." He said softly knowing he had several weapons hidden in his car.

She hold the box in her hands, biting her lip and hesitant for a moment as he packed her things for her. She was really going to do this. She as leaving. Nathan wanted her to go even after all their screamed and battled with each other. Before he changed his mind she quickly separated the painting she wanted to leave for the others. "I bring these down and write a note, I'll.. be right back up to help with the rest." She didn't want to leave the room, a part of her was afraid he might disappear. But she had a few things to pack downstairs as well.

He quickly but carefully began slicing the back of the canvas away freeing it from the staples and tacks in the back. When she left the room he sighed she was actually going to come with him he was still stunned as mean as he had been to her she still wanted to be with him. It took him nearly a half hour to get the paintings all freed and make a quick container for them all. Wrapping it with the blankets he smiled and carried it down stairs along with the bag that she had left. "Okay i am going to get the car we still wont have much time if you don't wish to be questioned. " He set everything near the door and left sneaking back to his shed. Minuets later he pulled up his loud engine rumbling as he jumped out and opened the back passenger door quickly slipping her things in completely stuffing the back of the vehicle.

Vivian spent more time than she thought writing the notes and collecting a few more small items from the downstairs. She left the painting and the notes with them and waited until she heard him pull up with the car. Packing the car, she took one last look at her home, and then looked at Nathan. She got in the car, biting her lip as she thought she heard something scream her name over the rumbling of the engine. She bit her lip and watched him jump in behind the wheel and she glance at him, giving him a smile than said "Ready to go when you are.."

He floored the pedal and speed from the town reaching over placing his hand on hers as they speed threw the fields. He knew her friends would not be far behind so he needed to keep the car moving as fast as he could. He slowly reached over placing his hand on her knee glancing over at her as he reached the small trail out of the forest. "Your sure this is what you want. I can only go so far before i wont be able to turn around anymore. " He said softly looking over at her biting his lip praying she would not tell him to turn around. The car jostled and shook a bit as they speed down the bumpy trail his eyes forced to stay on the road.

Vivian clutched to the side of the seat when the car jumped into motion. She been on the large bulky machinery they used at times for the farming, but this was quick and a little scary. She glanced toward him as his hand covered her knee. The simple touch was calming and soothed the bit of unease that had started to bubble inside. She placed her hand over his and squeezed gently, sighing and smiles."Keep going.. " she said firmly her fingers holding his hand, needing the anchor as she was leaving everything she had known behind.

The engine roared louder as he speed down the road fishtailing out onto the old road as he pulled onto it. He smiled at her now that they where on the smoother road a bright smile on his face to be on the road again. "How does going south sound I want to be warmer and i know a nice sized city down there." He smiled and turned the car south on the first road going that way driving threw the night and most of the way threw the day. They had been on the road for nearly 12 hours he having been up for nearly 24 when he finally pulled the car over into a small bundle of trees. He yawned and looked over at her his hand had not moved once in 12 hours a bright smile on his face. "You want to sleep in the car or you wanna share my tent? " They where nearly a thousand miles from her home having traveled past several small communities and he was sure they would need to stop and find a way to get some fuel before to long the gas in his tank could only take him so far at those speeds.

On on the smoother road, Vivian seemed to relax more. Her hand stayed resting gently on his. When he asked about heading south, she smiled shrugging slightly. She didn't know how it sounded, at the moment the fact she was driving anywhere was still sinking in. She was excited and watching the landscape roll past. He seemed rather focus on driving, she didn't bother to ask too many question. Eventually the lolling of the road had her dozed off a few time.

Though was when they slowed and came to a stop just before dawn that she realized they'd been driving all night long. "Where are we?" She asked aloud then looked at him when he asked if she rather sleep in the car or a tent with him. She blinks, a blush hitting her cheeks. She had realized somewhere along the decision that leaving with him meant close quarters, and she'd felt a swirling thrive at the time. Now she was suddenly nervous. "Tent is fine. But unless you too tired to set it up, we can just sleep here then. Or.. if you need I can set if up while you rest now, its the least I can do."

"I am tired but im not to tired to set up the tent it is rather simple. You can get ready for bed and ill set it up. " He smiled getting out of the car and getting into the back pulling out the large bundle of cloth that was his tent and bedding. He quickly set up the tent binding it to the roof of the car so it masked most of one side using the warmth of the car to heat the bed area. Smiling he crawled inside and laid out the bedroll the thick fabric padding wide enough for three people Laying a heavy blanket over that and smiling. He then tossed his pistol down onto the pillow along with his knife and then began to strip down. Opening the door for the car he tossed his shirt, pants and shoes into the car before crawling into the tent in just his boxers.

While he had setup the tent in a rather quick fashion, one that she knew was due to the years of camping and traveling, she had been attempting to pull a bit of her clothing out from the packed back seat. She'd accomplished nothing, and she didn't want to unpack the entire backseat. In a quick motion she slipped from the passenger seat and peeled off the jacket, shoes, pants, leaving on just the shirt that hit her high on her thighs and panties. She wasn't overly shy about undressing, except she kept her back to him. Once she'd slipped out of the clothing leaving the on her seat.

She bit her lip as she move toward the tent and hesitated before docking and crawling into side beside him. The tent was already rather warm thanks to the heat of the car. Though in see him in only the boxers her eyes widened. Without saying a word she looked at him blushing, looking at the bed that had been created. "This is nice.. " she said and looked down, shaking her head. "Sorry.. I sound like a idiot. Um.. goodnight." She said and lay on her back beside him, though not touching. She just wasn't good with this, she felt awkward.

"You sound just fine don't be shy we are both adults we are not doing anything wrong. " He smiled slipping the pistol into a holster hidden under the car and the knife under his the pillow closest to it. When she laid down he smiled and pulled her to him gently, then rolled her so that she was closest to the car the heat rolling under it and out against her back. "If i tell anything happens get under the car as fast as you can okay." He said softly moving a few inches away before covering them both up his hand resting on the knife under her head. His other hand laid on his hip as he closed his eyes a large void under the blanket between them. Clearly he was used to being ambushed in the night since he had decided to sleep during the day. "Sleep well Vivian." He said softly still a bit cold to her since he was still a bit angry about her lying to him even after hours of silent thought.

Vivian felt like a child though. He made her feel like rather helpless and useless. Outside her 'bubble' like he had said. She had to count on him to keep driving, and to now teach her how another way of life was lived. She shifted under the blanket once he said his goodnight to her. She turned on her side facing him, having seen the weapons he slept with and the way he slept prepared to attack at the slightest warning.

Vivian found falling asleep rather difficult. Likely since she had dozed a bit in the car. She lay there keeping silent and trying her best to keep still. Though she stared at the tent the end of the car, and him. When she as sure his breathing had settled into sleep she found she like looking at his face as the light of day illuminated the tent a bit. She smiles shifting and tucking her head into the pillow again, eventually falling asleep.

He let out soft happy sounding sighs threw the day as he slept his body was exhausted as he had been up for so long. He was asleep almost instantly and would sleep late into the day his body recovering from the hours and hours of work and driving he had done the day before. Eventually in the night he shifted to close the gap some now only a few inches between them as he reached out placing his hand on her side. It moved slowly in his sleep in its space squirming a bit against her side as he slept just happy to be touching her.

Back
Top Bottom