Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Beginning ... (Ignited & Distain)

Vivian had spent the majority of the time in the cook house trying to keep Nathan moving so they wouldn't get behind schedule. She had needed to pull him away from some of younger girls, whom he was charming with his piercing looks and smooth wit. She wasn't falling for it though, she instead kept them moving. Showing the layout of the town, little by little. When they passed an empty storage shred, he'd mention again wanting to bring his vehicle back to the town. She agreed but she would have to go with him another day to be sure no obvious trail was left by the hauling of the car.

By the end of the day she'd shown him more they 90% of the property. He shown interest again in helping with the badly need of repair machinery, as well as having no issue with building and carpentry repairs. All in all she found his abilities to help the community and earn his fuel considerably excellent. The only thing through out the day she had been frustrated over, was the fact he hadn't turned off the charm. Not for a moment. Each time she turned around he was looking at her with a grin and eyes scanning her form. She'd on several occasions found if necessary to slap his shoulder to refocus his attention of something she or one of the other was saying. She hated most when he acted that way in front of the others. Each time her face became pink and she had to hold back wanting to pull her rifle on him gain.

Now they were headed back to the cook house to grab the evening meal, when she stopped him a dozen yard from the building. "Alright enough with the flirting already, I would have thought after an entire day you would have tired of continuing to play charming with me. I am immune, and that is that. I want to just eat in peace, so please just quit it."

He smiled pleased that they had plenty of pretty girls to smile and flirt with even though the object of his actual affection wanted nothing to do with him. He smiled and went threw her entire tour paying little attention to anything until it came to the hands on work that he loved. Fixing machinery and working with wood he had fallen in love with working with his hands long ago when he was a child. When she finally had finished his tour he smiled and moved to her side constantly opening doors for her and touching her back gently as he guided her into the room.

When she finally confronted him he stepped in close nearly pinning her to the wall with his larger form. "I will give you your night of peace if you give me the one thing i have been looking for since last night. " With that he took her hands and held them to her sides leaning in and kissing her softly for a few brief moments it felt fantastic to kiss her and it pleased him to hold her lightly. They where in a dark corner of the lunch hall but there would still be several people who saw him kiss her. Moments later he broke the soft kiss his tongue running over her lips lightly and stepping back thinking that she would react positively to him being a bit more bold. He smiled leaning against the wall a few feet from her his hands in his pockets though he was still ready to react if she did react violently.

Vivian was being kissed, not just that, she was kissing him back. His lips had covered hers so quickly she not even had time to process the action until she felt the hot tingling warmth of his mouth. She heard the few hushed comments around them. Then just as suddenly as the kiss had began, he'd stepped back and was now leaning on the wall with a satisfied grin on his face. Without warning and before he could pull his hands from his pockets she raise her hand to slap him. Sadly she missed as she was prepare from the action, docking and stepping back out of her reach. She was red as her hair now, people that had seen the kiss gossiping and eyes turning to her and him. She was going to kill him.

She was more furious then she thought she'd ever been. She then made another charge toward him, seeming to mean to slap him, but instead as his focus was on her hand, her booted foot connected hard with one of his shins. She then grabbed a pitcher of water from the nearby table and threw it over his head. Saying nothing, she turned and left, still red as her hair and hands in fists. She was just as mad at herself as she was with him. She had kiss him back, even if it had been for only a few seconds the kiss was not one sided. She cursed to herself as she continued stomping toward her home, the thought of food now the last thing she cared about.

He smiled as he moved way with out raising his hands knowing many of these people where armed and not wanting to be seen as a threat. He knew he had felt her kiss him back there was no doubt in his mind but she was attacking him for some reason. He then realized it must be to keep up appearances in the are when she kicked him and poured water on him he yelped and then hissed as the cool water chilled him deeply. When she stormed off he went over to the table making a quick sandwich and then following her. He chased her slowly back to the house eating his sandwich quickly walking into her house taking a deep breath relaxing. He smiled jogging up to his room to put his weapons away in case she where to over react. "Vivi? You here? "

She'd paced the home as she first returned, dropping her things on the table before rushing up the steps when she heard him arriving a short time later. She moved straight to her room and disappeared silently behind the door. She didn't want to face him or discuss what had just happen. She was trying to think when she heard him come up the stairs and then call out for her.

"No I'm on the moon, Go AWAY!" She yelled thru the door of her room. A door she was currently propping her back against to support herself. What had she been thinking letting him kiss her. She sighs and thuds her head back against the door. What was she going to do now? And what was she suppose to say when things got around to others. She sighs again, cursing herself as she sat with her head resting in her hands. Ever since he show up her life has been turned upside down.

He smiled hearing her response and went to her door hearing her thud her head against it he sat down across the hall. He sat there silently for nearly 10 minuets trying to think of something to say. He smiled at her chuckling softly as he thought of something that could get a enough of a rise out f her to make her come talk to him. "You know with a bit of practice you could be quite the kisser. I don't suppose helping you in that way would help me at all on my search to get some gas would it. " Smiling to himself the thought of being paid to kiss her was something he rather enjoyed he could easily spend all day kissing her. He smiled closing his eyes enjoying his thoughts paying little attention to the door.

When all was silent for a while she again to realize she was listening quite hard to figure out where he was. She actually DID care and some part of her was seeking to find him. That thought alone had she wanting to scream, but then as his voice spoke up from just outside her door. She nearly choked on the air she was breathing. He had not just suggested she PAY him to get better at kissing. She stood up in one fast fluid motion, opening the door and was literally pouncing him with all the frustrations she had. Wrestling, kicking, punching, until suddenly her lips contacted with his again. She had no idea how it had happened but there they were again kissing. She snapped her head back quickly and had to swallow the moan that threaten to escape her lips. Taking deep breath she began struggling again to stand up and retreat.

He covered his face and groin at first as she charged forward and was soon stunned when she was kneeling between his legs her hands being held by his as they fought for control. When their lips met he returned the passionate kiss groaning softly. His legs curled around hers holding her between his legs as his hands curled her hands behind her back holding her chest to his. When she finally broke the kiss he looked into her eyes smiling deciding against toying with her more for now. "Relax if you promise not to run away i will release you but if you continue to fight me and attack me im going to have to hold you here till you fall asleep."

Vivian was blushing and panting, her heart was humming in her chest, and to make matters worse her lips were begging her to kiss him again. She couldn't look him in the eyes, until he spoke, then her eyes locked with his scanning his face and seeing the slight plump redness his lips had from the passionate kiss they'd just shared. She nods slowly, forcing herself not to lean down again to feel those lips for a 3rd time. WHat was the matter with her, she never been so uncontrolled. "I promise... now.. let me up.." She demanded softly and trying again to sit up and put some space between them.

His eyes slipped from her eyes to her lips regularly as she thought and then spoke. Slowly he pulled his feet from behind her and towards him bringing his knees high in the air. Showing her how much he trusted her by leaving his groin completely exposed if she where to attack again. His hands then slipped from her wrists and rested on her sides gently holding her lightly. He would allow her to be free when ever she wanted but he wanted to continue to touch her. "You don't have to move if you don't want to I kinda like you setting there. " He said softly meaning nothing naughty about it just enjoying holding her and being in such close personal contact.

She wouldn't admit it even to herself but the feel of him holding her was something she regretted having to pull away from. Hesitant she moved away, the comment making her look down at his arms with a sudden longing but she shook off the look and slid away from him. Once she was seated back against the wall of the hallway beside him. She thudded her head against the wall and looked straight up as if there was something on the roof that would give her an answer. She just sat then breathing slowly, letting her heart beat return to normal, and her neck tilted back. She sighs again and finally lower her eyes and turns to look at him. "It was a mistake, you and I staying here like this." She spoke the words softly like she was the one to blame. Then shifted like she was about to stand and perhaps not run, but she had the idea that maybe she should take up her almost brother-in-law on the invite to stay with them.

He watched as she slid over next to him lowering his leg closest to her when she spoke his heart sank a bit but he knew she was probably right. When she moved to stand he gently pulled her into his lap so she would not leave. Causing her to sit between his legs her back against his left leg that was still lifted high as a back rest for her. Her legs over his hip and his hand reaching to rest over her stomach gripping her side lightly holding her to him. "Give me one last kiss and this time allow it to end on its own not because of your fear or pride. Then go into your room and paint don't think just paint let your emotions flow onto the canvas. If in the morning you can look at that painting and tell me you still want me out... We can go get my car tomorrow and i will be out of your hair for good. "

Vivian felt a rolling warm go up and down her spine when he caught her and pulled her down onto his lap. She swallowed listening to his words and felt her cheeks blushing. One last kiss and then he wanted her to paint? She never expect to hear him suggest such an idea. And yet wasn't painting exactly what she would want to do if she ran into her room and wanted to stop thinking? How did he know her, how could someone she'd only just met seem to know her so well? She swallows, biting her lip as she mills over the request for a kiss. Finally she gave in, nodding and licking her lips, "Fine one last kiss, and then we talk in the morning." With then she shifted slightly her gaze jumping from his eyes to his lips.

He smiled as she mulled it over and stared into her eyes praying she would allow him to kiss her again. As he waited he admired the position they where in and memorized it was so comfortable and so intimate at the same time easily his second favorite position to set in yet. When she accepted his arm slipped around her shoulder and turned her gently to face him a bit more as he leaned it. Giving his lips a quick lick moments before kissing her he smiled closing his eyes as their lips made contact. His lips slowly danced with hers for a few brief moments before slowly increasing the passion and intensity of the kiss. Soon his tongue had found its way into her mouth to dance with hers and coax it into his mouth in return so he could suck and nibble on it as they kissed. His hand slipped from her stomach to her hand lacing their fingers pressing their palms together happily. He groaned softly and regularly into the kiss enjoying this as much as anything he had done in several months if not more. For several long minuets the kiss lasted until he finally ran short of breath breaking the kiss slowly breathing deeply longing to continue but knowing he could not as he leaned back still holding her gently.

When their lips meet again, she felt the swirling heat in her stomach spreading out thru ever nerve in her body. Vivian was lost in the feeling of his lips, the soft strength he held her as they kissed. It was like she'd finally turned off the rest of the world and was letting her wants and desires express themselves other than thru her painting. The taste of his tongue, the texture the smooth press of there mouths devouring the other. Soon her breathing was coming in soft whimpering gasps. And all too soon the kiss was over, resulting in the both of them sitting there closely locked into one another's embrace.

Very slowly she shifted, her eyes looking form his lips to his eyes. She almost longed to kiss him again, but she didn't dare. Instead she moved to do just as they had agreed. He helped her to her feet and even though the door was but two steps away, he kept contact with her until she was inside the room. Then they both slowing and reluctantly parted and she shut her door. She stood leaning against the door for what seemed must have been hours. Until finally she moved to the canvas and began to paint. She lost complete track of what she was painting, letting the brush do whatever it seeks on the canvas. Everything she felt transfer to the brush and soaking into the canvas. Late in the night she finished.

But as she stepped back she was crying. It was the most passion filled painting she'd ever created. It felt as if she'd painted her very soul as it danced and battled in swirls of colors, with his. She stared at it, blinking and knew with great certainty she was is great danger of her heart being destroyed. He was passing through there town after all, and knew nothing about him. She had to stop this craziness, she had to be the one to realize now, they would never work. She bites her lip and quickly takes the painting and hides it under her bed. Replacing the one from the night before on the easel. It showed a bit of passion, but it was no where near the intensity of the one now under her bed. She then crawled into her bed and only slept after her eyes had dried up and her body gave out from pure exhaustion.

Nathan sat there staring at her as she stood up, helping her as best he could. His eyes remained locked on her even after she began walking away and stayed on her door once it was closed. He had hoped that his kiss would have kept her in his arms a bit longer but i would not he began wondering how someone could be so passionate yet so cold. After nearly 20 minuets he got up and went to bed stripping back down to his boxers again with a sad frown laying down. It was far to early for him to go to sleep but he would do it anyways. His dreams where a mix of passionate moments between them and her rejecting him and crushing his plan.

Vivian had fallen asleep fully clothed and can awake just around dawn to the sounds of knocking. For a moment she thought it was at the bedroom door, instead through the haze of sleep withdraw she realized it was at the front door to her home. She forced herself to roll out of the bed and moved with wiry steps out of her room, leaving the door ajar, and then quickly forcing herself to move down to answer the insistent knocking. As she opens the door she see Dax and Kane both looking ready to tether someone. "What is it? Whats going on?" She look at her and seem to relax a bit, then just as suddenly they are pushing past her and into her home.

"Where is the slug, we heard about what he did at meals last night.. did he try more? Where is he?" Dax was headed for the stairs. She stood in front of him and realized in a flash why they were there. She laughs, actually chuckles, making them both turn and look puzzled. "Get out, both of you, I am fine, nothing happened. And NO you will not be defending my honor. I have is handled, so both of you can just leave." She'd spoken calmly stubbornly. Then Kane turned to speak to her "Vivi hun, he just a nomad, don't let him sweet talk.. " She stopped him there, she didn't need to hear it, she'd already figured it out and cried herself to sleep. She didn't have the strength to hear it from him as well. "Kane you were my fathers best of friend, it was why I was suppose to marry Dirk .. He isn't going to be staying in the house much longer. I already made up my mind, He has a vehicle that he was to bring here. Can the two of you ask Liam and Haze to go with him today? And see who can cover my duties for today?" Kane seemed to understand and pulled his son Dax toward the door. "Alright Vivian, you should rest you look like you are coming down with something. I'll have Liam and Haze ready some horses."

With them gone she finally turned knowing Nathan likely over heard the conversation, and if he hadn't, it didn't matter she would tell him the same thing. She made the decision, one she must stick to, there was no other choice.

He had heard the fighting and came from his room in just his boxers standing at the top of the stairs as they argued. He glared down the stares at her she was actually going to reject him. He could not believe it he had never in his life been rejected, certainly not after such a passionate moment. "It is amazing that a woman who burns so hot... can be so frigid. " He spoke the moment the door was closed not wanting to allow her friends to hear what he was saying. With that he turned and went to his room getting dressed and stuffing his belongings into his bag. He then moved down stairs completely ignoring her and out to his bike preparing it for the trip.

She heard his word slice into her from the top of the steps. She felt a wave of guilt and longing wash over her. She wanted nothing more at the moment to ask him to hold her again. But she pushed it away, holding herself reserved and acting like nothing had happened, even as he stormed out of the house without a word to her. She paced for a dozen moments before she heard a soft knock at the door. Opening to see Liam standing there."Hey Kane sent us, I saw the man there getting ready to head out, but Kane said to check on thing with you."

Vivian sighed. "Just go with him, he'll take you to a cave off the road. Make sure to cover any tracks, and bring the car back here. Be sure to inform me when you all have returned." And with that she closed the door and retreated to her room. She felt drained. And she was determined to get some rest so by the time the had returned, likely the next morning. She'd be renewed, and ready to face him and fain indifference.

He started his bike as the spoke reeving the engine if only to bother them both. The moment her door was closed he revved the engine again dirt spraying into the air behind him as he turned his bike. Standing it up on one wheel as he speed into the fields shouting loudly over the engine. "Meet me where she shot at me. " He set the front tire down as the bike screamed threw the field he needed some time to breath and he could not do it here. His mind was lost in thought as he drove along the forests edge picking up his trail. With a soft groan he stopped his bike and waited for the men on horse back to catch up to him. He sat there just shaking his head groaning softly still floored that she wanted him out. He would honor his promise though and he would move across town to get away from her.

She peered out her bedroom window to see him speeding off and likely startling half the people he passed. But she was too exhausted and drained to worry about it for the moment. Instead she crawled into the bed again, she had the day to recover, rest, and figure out how to face him. Even now she was glad he would be kept busy, though a huge part of her was missing he was there with her now.

During the course of the journey Liam and Haze would be rather silent toward Nathan, perhaps mainly due the fact Nathan was putting off some rather angry and irritated signals. Not to mention he men wouldn't be all that caring about the drama of a man that was not apart of the community. They help him bring the car back and begin moving it to place behind Vivian home, as they had been told to do before they'd left. If he wanted it moved he'd have to speak with Kane or Vivian herself to find out where he was clear to store it.

Nathan did not say a word until they all reached the cave and that was simply. "Touch the car and i shoot you in the head. " He then slipped under the car and defused the bomb on it taking i a few moments once that was complete he pulled the bike into the back of the old dodge magnum. Once everything was situated he let them pull him back as he drove the car. When he had a chance he reached back and connected the bikes gas tank to the car so that he could start it if he needed to. When he was abandoned near next to her house he shook his head and started the car, the large V8 engine roaring to life as the exhaust had been cut off long ago and used as scrap. He dove the rumbling car to the empty the empty shed the had found earlier. Once it was safely hidden inside he closed the doors and began unpacking. If this was going to be his home it would need some work. He had parked tight to the side so that he had more room putting up a small tent in the shed and laying down his only sleeping bag. He had every intention of staying in there all day.

The following days Vivian saw almost nothing of Nathan. He seemed to have found others to direct him to where things needed to be done. She didn't mind this, honestly she was not looking forward to any sort of face to face with him. She run the facts over and over in her mind, she had made the right decision to have him not staying in her home. It was the right choice. Wasn't it? She kept doubting herself, over and over. But it didn't matter, the harvest started tomorrow and if all went as scheduled the majority of things would be finished in 2 weeks times and he would leave with the fuel he need. She would not think about this anymore. "I wont, its done, I wont continue to think about this." She told her self aloud as if that would make it anymore effective to remove the thoughts from her mind.

Nathan buried himself in his work as he had always done spending his entire day working on machinery or wood work. He never ate in the kitchen instead going in only to get food and then leaving. He was returning to the nomad he had been for so many years. He would lay there at night and work on his car wanting it to be as good as he could get it before he set off again. He was always polite and even continued to flirt with the women of the village not because he liked them but because it was his nature. One night he was stopped just after leaving the kitchen by a woman about Vivian's age she smiled and flirted clearly trying to get into his pants. With all the diplomacy he could muster her brushed her off blaming it on not wanting her reputation tarnished by being with him. He then returned to his shack and began to eat little did he know that they young woman had began sneaking her way to his door so that she could be with him with out other knowing.

Vivian felt lonely. She had not only missed just having someone in the home with her, but she missed Nathan. It had been nearly 2 weeks and she had still not been able to stop wondering if she made the right choice. Finally, she gave up and headed to see Nathan. She'd knew he spent most every night in the shed with his things. With a nervous breath she turned to move toward the shack he'd made livable. Though as she neared she suddenly saw another figure slipping into the door, a female figure.

As Vivian reached the door she peered inside, see the figure of Linna, a girl only a few years younger, and known to be a bit of a flirt with the others. She couldn't hear what was being said. Dammit, she moved toward the door and turned the handle carefully cracking open the door. Finally hearing Linna voice, "It was no issue, I just snuck out so you could have me all to yourself Natty.. and don't worry no one will know, I know you don't want trouble. I wont have you banned out into the woods, like Vivian made you move out here...." That was it. Vivian couldn't believe what she had just heard, and couldn't listen to another word. ARGH! He didn't waste much time, he already had a new girl to charm. That was it, she had been right, all along she was right to make him leave her home.

Back
Top Bottom