Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Royal wedding in Glimenvale (amol & Minako2012)

amol

Super-Earth
In the kingdom of Glimenvale the young prince's marriage was on everyone's lips. They talked about how wonderful it was that he was getting to marry the mysterious princess Isabella from the neighbouring kingdom of Albadon. The marriage had come into place to secure a peace and trade agreement between the two kingdoms and both kings were very happy about the deal. The rumours would have it that she had been locked in an ivory tower ever since she was nine, never seeing anyone but her maids and her parents.

The day had finally arrived. The prince and princess had never met before but she had heard the rumour from her maids that he was a very handsome man. But of cause they'd think that. Every maid dreamt of getting to marry a prince. Isabella on the other hand wasn't as happy. She had just turned 18 and didn't want to marry a man she hadn't seen before. For all she knew he could be a terrible man. But her parents had been adamant she had to stay in the ivory tower until the day of her wedding, something about a prophecy her mother kept talking about. Isabella had ignored her mother's rantings about the prophecy.

Isabella arrived to the large church in the capital of Glimenvale in a white carriage that was pulled by four white horses. She knew how all this was going to happen. Her father would wait for her where the carriage arrived at the church. Then he'd walk her up the aisle to the alter where the prince would wait. And then they'd get married. After the ceremony they would be taken away in a golden carriage - to symbolize their golden future together. And then there would be a large banquet where several people would speak. She would be expected to be a good wife and smile and nod all the time... how she hated it, she didn't want to be a wife, she wanted to run screaming from it all. But she also knew how much it meant for her parents and she didn't want to do that. But the thing she feared most of all was that after the banquet the newly wed couple was supposed to go to their bedroom..... she shivered at the thought. She had read all about royal weddings but this last part was only described very vaguely.
She looked out of the dark windows in the carriage as it drove into the city. There was people all around cheering as the carriage drove by. Isabella couldn't remember if she had ever been this close to so many people, it made her a little scared.

The white carriage came to a stop outside the large church... no it wasn't a church it was a cathedral, it was taller than any building she had ever seen before. She could see her father standing outside the carriage. The crowd was held at a respectful distance by city guards and everyone had fallen silent as they waited for Isabella to step out of the carriage. Then the door opened and her father gave her a hand to help her out.

Prince Galen looked into the mirror at his wedding clothes once again loosening the damnable collar his mother kept tightening. He was displeased about marrying some woman he had never met much less one rumored to have been locked away in an ivory tower. In his younger days he had thought perhaps it was hideousness that had caused her confinement but that had been the mean spirited joking of a child.

"You do look handsome" His mother swept into the room tightening his collar once again.

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes but plastered an arrogant smirk on his face.

"Of course mother it is hard for someone so perfect to not be" He said waving her compliment away and striking his own pose.

It took only a moment before he cracked up unable to keep the arrogant act up for long and his mother joined in.

"Princess Isabella is a lucky woman" She said with a light smile.

"I doubt it...my good looks may just blind her" He said instigating another round of laughter "She may well hate me...we have never met."

His mother nodded but said nothing more as she gently smacked his hand when he attempted to loosen his collar once again. He looked back in the mirror he was a handsome man at 6 feet 7in he was imposing at first. The friendly smile that was usually plastered on his lips and playful shimmer in his blue eyes offset that quickly. It was a fashion in the kingdom to wear ones hair long started because a certain young prince hated having his jet black locks cut. He knew he was handsome most of the maids made him aware of that and he made jokes about it.

"It is time" An attendant peeked into the door.

"Already...come along Galen...we must not deny the princess the luck of meeting you" His mother joked.

"No I sha'nt deny her my exquisite beauty" He said breathlessly "T'will take her breath away I imagine are there pillows prepared should she be overcome with my radiance."

He and his mother were in tears laughing by the time they made it to the altar where he would wait for his princess visibly nervous about marrying some woman he has never met. His eyes were on the door at the back as he watched foe the young woman who was to be his bride.

The crowd outside the church roared with joy as Princess Isabella put the first foot on the pavement before the cathedral. She was so scared of the noise and of going into the church to the man she was to marry. She had never seen him before. Why wasn't she allowed to meet him just once before the wedding? She just wanted to know. But it was a little late now. Isabella's hand trembled in her father's.

Her father King Roland whispered to her, "Take it easy my love. Nothing bad will happen. Soon you'll see your prince."

She was about to tell her father that it was just what she feared, but she knew it wouldn't help. She had to walk the long walk up the aisle to the man she didn't knew and would spend the rest of her life with.

Isabella was finally out of the white carriage - white she thought, white for innocence. The eight bridesmaids were behind her and the king and making sure that the train of her dress didn't touch the ground. The dress had been sown by her maids under the guidance of her mother. It was all white covering her body but neither revealed anything but didn't cover up anything either, only her arms free. On her arms she wore long white gloves of the finest silk. She really hated those gloves, it was impossible to hold onto anything with them, but they did look good.
Behind her there was a long train that was carried by her bridesmaids. The eight girls was her cousins, not that Isabella had ever been allowed to see any of them. They were all dressed in pink dresses with roses in their hair. Just like Isabella's hair had been made up with tiny red roses. They were a stark contrast to her almost white hair. The hair that was the only thing of her head that was visible at the moment. She had several layers of veil before her face covering it fully.
To Isabella the most horrible thing about this outfit was the shoes. They were so high that she feared breaking her ankle all the time. She had wondered why she needed those shoes. She wasn't tall but what difference would three or four extra inches make to her 5 foot 4 inches body?

Isabella walked towards the church with her father and the large doors were opened for them. There was the long aisle that she had to walk, she was glad that she had her father to support her now. As she walked she noticed the large man standing by the alter, he looked quite handsome. Was this the prince? Or was it just some best man or something else? Isabella wouldn't be so sad if that was the prince. But nothing was said as they walked towards the alter. She got there and stood with her father between the tall handsome man. She was happy that no one could see her face and see her staring. Her father said his hello's to the tall man... it was the prince then. And then the priests started saying things... but Isabella wasn't listening she was just staring at the man that was about to become her husband.

Galen watched her walking up the aisle his face neuteal he did not know the woman he would marry and he was not sure they would even come to love one another yet he would his duty. He did wish he could see her face but the veil was to remain down until they were wed. His mother had insisted that so he merely bowed as her father approached and smiled gently at her not sure what she was thinking. As the priests began speaking he faced the Altar the speech on the sacred state of marriage and the importance of this day was one he had hated hearing. He had attended the marriage of his eldest sister and it made him rather bored. When the priest turned to the two he stood at rapt attention.

"Who gives this young woman away?" The priest asked.

As tradition her father would come forward and place her hand within Galen's at that moment he gave her another gentle smile. He came off as an arrogant sod to many people but he wasn't that way not really he just enjoyed making jokes out of the phrases he heard the more romantic minded young women spouting. The priest went into the vows and he repeated them looking at the young bride. As the priest asked him if he would take the princess as his wife he couldn't resist.

"I do this poor girl she will be the envy of all the girls in the kingdom for having a prince as handsome as I" He said placing a hand on his forehead in mock distress before giving her a playful smile.

His mother was the only one who laughed but he didn't let that bother him as the priest turned to the princess asking her the very same questions. At the princess' answer the priest addressed the crowd giving some dry speech about theit holy union and pronouncing them man and wife. Galen stepped forward and slowly lifted her veil with a light smile he couldn't do the final bit of tradition with the fabric in the way. He gently kissed her just a delicate touch of lips out of courtesy to the young woman who was more than likely just as unsure as he was at marrying a complete stranger.

The whole ceremony had been one long drawn out and boring thing. Isabella didn't really understand why her maids talked about marriage as something they looked forward to. Maybe they would have a say in who they married. But alas. Such luxury was not for the princess. She had to marry that man that her father gave her hand to. Luckily he was handsome.

She heard herself speak, "Yes I take this man to be my beloved husband and serve him in all things."

To think she had to say such thing... to serve him....

Then they turned to each other. He would have to kiss her now. Isabella had known this would happen, but she was terrified. Her legs trembled and she felt like there was a warm feeling spreading from her stomach. He lifted her veils and her face came into view.

Galen was the first man, other than her father, that looked upon her face in nine years. She had very delicate features, she was very pale but not sickly so. Her eyebrows were thin and the same colour as her hair. Her lips were full and painted red to increase the contrast between the pale skin. But she wore no other make up. She leaned her head forward and let him kissed her. She counted to see how long he would let the kiss last, it was after all him that kissed her.

one...two... three -the minimum length of the kiss- ... four... five...six........

He leaned back looking into her beautiful eyes and took her hand once more as those in the cathedral cheered their marriage.

"Come your life as the bride of the finest creature in the land begins" He said to her before gently leading her toward the exit once again.

He was still putting on theatrics wanting to make her giggle or at the very least relax as he walked her toward the Gilded Carriage that had been prepared for them to ride to the banquet at his castle. Noticing that she seened unsteady he moved her hand to the crook of his elbow so she could steady herself. The carriage seemed to shine in the sunlight and four large white horses.

"What a glorious carrige...tis no match for my glorious visage" He was really pushing it as he helped her climb into the carriage before entering himself and closing the door.

He sat across from her wanting complete comfort for the both of them while they rode to the feast.

"I do hope you will find my companionship enjoyable your highness" He said softly "We will be married for a long time..."

Galen glanced out of the window of the carriage for a moment he was thinking about the marriage. He did not believe he was husband material if he were honest with himself. His status as heir was the reason he was chosen over his more stable brothers. It could be worse hus bride was a beautiful woman he was grateful for that but he found himsepf curious about what lied beneath that beauty.

"We have a moderate ride if you wish to know anything of me or my kingdom you need only ask" He told her "Would you grant me the same privilage?"

By the gods... Was this man really so full of himself. Isabella already regretted that she had not run long before coming to this kingdom. How would she live a life with a man that thought he was the centre of the universe? She didn't really find him funny - no not the least bit. Her maids would have swooned in his presence but they'd do anything for a man of his power and position.
But like the dutiful bride Isabella followed her ... her husband towards the carriage.
Once inside she answered his question with a lie and a smile, "Yes your Highness. I find your company most pleasing." she nodded, "Yes we will be married for a long time indeed." There was no such thing as divorce for the royalty. Marriage meant until the death of one of them. Of cause she knew that he would takes on lovers along the way, most kings did that. But she would have to stay the faithful wife no matter what.

She then nodded to his question, "I have read more or less every book about your kingdom so I believe that I know it quite well. I can name all the larger towns and what they are famous for. I can tell you who the mayor of this city was for the last century and I know the names of all your siblings and cousins. There's little new you could tell me, but there's one thing I'd like to know. If you tell me then you are welcome to ask me any questions that you like." She looked directly at him, "Do you have a mistress?" She really wanted to know if she was needed to do her duties in the bedroom as his wife.

He quirked an eyebrow at he question it seemed an odd sort of question she seemed to care little for him why would it matter if he did have a mistress.

"No" He said "I have no mistresses nor have I...sewn my wild oats as they say".

His mother had only asked him that he keep himself faithful to the woman he married she was expected to do the same. He knew his father's mistress and he knew that the woman tried her best to make his mother miserable. He hated that woman just for what she put his mother through. He should have gone to his father but his mother did not wish it andnhe kept his mouth shut.

"As you are faithfull so will I be" He told her "What a shame for the women of the kingdom to be denied the bed of an amazing specimen crafted by god himself."

He let out a genuine laugh and leaned back regarding her for a moment he could ask her anything.

"What do you think of me" He asked leaning forward smiling his eyes focused on her intently "And answer me honestly...I hate liars."

His statement about not having a mistress did bring a small smile on Isabella's lips. And she couldn't resist laughing a little at his bravado.

She smiled when he asked for her opinion on him, she would never lie. She might avoid answering questions but lying wasn't her thing. "I'll tell you what I've thought about you the last couple of days and what I thought at the church and lastly I'll tell you what I think now."
She took a breath and considered how to begin. "First I've been very annoyed that I needed to marry you. I would have wanted to choose my husband myself. But alas that's not for me to do and it would never be that way. I had heard about you before we met but I tried not to listen much to it because rumours are the worst kind of information and it's the only information my maids could bring. Then at the church I saw a handsome man that was so full of himself that I wanted to run screaming. It's a good thing that my father held my hand or we would have had a scandal at our hands." She smiled at this. "And now I suddenly find a very kind and considerate husband telling me that he'd never take a mistress before he even knows me." She shook her head, "I honestly don't know how to combine the three things. I think I need to get to know you... the real you before I can truly answer that question."

"Finally a laugh" He said in mock exasperation giving his own chuckle "And quite a lovely laugh at that."

He listened as she spoke grateful that she was being honest about her feelings he would let her speak freely and honestly as long as she wished to. A small laugh slid past his lips when she mentioned her thoughts of him in the church he had been called full of himself. When she finished he rested his hands on his knees with a light smile.

"An honest answer quite refreshing...flattery of women who seek to be with princes may be pretty yet honesty is what I prefer" He said softly "Our Marriage need not be one of lies and hatred as so many arranged couples are...Now then do you have any questions about myself or perhaps your new In-laws."

He was trading a question for a question it seemed fair at least until they reached the banquet they would dance and be merry. Then when the feasting was done they would need to consumate the marriage and he would rather her be willing. He was not going to force that upon any woman much less one as sheltered as she seemed to have been.

She blushed a little at his compliment to her laughter. But she tried not to be fazed. "I want honesty in this marriage. I know how royal marriages work that was why I asked my question. My grandfather had eight mistresses and had at least thirty children but only two of them with his wife. I wanted to know if that was what I would be looking forward to." Her maids had always questioned why she wanted to read all those old and boring books when she could sew or learn how to knit. But Isabella knew that if she was ever to have any measure of life once she was married away then she would need to learn all there was about being a queen. She couldn't get any real experience since she was locked away but she could read. And read she did. Every night the lamps were lit in her tower until very late.

Isabella knew that she was required to give birth to heirs and it wasn't really that bad. She knew her duty as a wife and the princess and maybe the queen to be. She wouldn't shy away from those duties. She could only hope that it would be enjoyable for her as it would for the prince.

"I'm sorry to say so but we can't have a marriage without lies. We are royalty and our sole existence is build on lies. But we can at least be true to one another and always speak the truth. That is what I want. And if you one day find a mistress I want to be the first to know. I don't want to hear it through the maids. Rumours can destroy everything." She thought about his question, "Yes there's one thing I'd like to know. Your mother seemed so happy at the church, much more than anyone else. She seemed to be beaming. " Isabella had been studying the guests from behind her veil. "Are you especially close to your mother?"

"Many kings take Mistresses I choose to break with tradition" He said "This marriage is not by our choosing yet that does not mean it must be unhappy."

He never broke eye contact with her he was being completely honest with his beautiful bride. She deserved to be courted as any young woman should be. He had no immediate or future plans to take a mistress of any kind yet he would assume she would not believe that.

"I shall be honest with you always Princess" He said "Upon my honor."

He was surprised that she would ask about his relationshio with his mother he had a direct and honest answer for her.

"I am close with my Mother" He answered "She is a sweet and true queen...and makes a habit of being kind even when those that recieve her kindess are undeserving."

He thought highly of his mother but growing up she understood how he thought and acted. She was also the only person who understood his humor to many others it came off as arrogant boasting. If any bothered to look closely they would see a good natured smile or bright laughter threatening to bubble out at any moment.

"What of you Highness?" He asked "Are you close to your family?"

They would arrive at the castle soon which made him want to frown he would prefer to continue getting acquainted with the young beauty.

Isabella nodded, "I had heard so about your mother. But I wanted to hear it from you. If she indeed is as you describe then I cannot wait to get to know her. I think she can teach me more about being a princess and a future queen than anything have been able to so far."

When he asked about her family she shook her head, "I was locked away for nine years. I saw my mother once a week and my father once a month. I really hated them in the beginning. Now I just feel like they are very distant relatives and it doesn't bother me the least that I have to live many leagues from them."

They had arrived at the castle. She looked at her husband. He would be the first to get out of the carriage. But she really didn't want to get out. They were just about to get to know each other and now they wouldn't be able to speak for several hours. So she just sat and waited for him to make his move.

"I am certain that you and mother will be great friends" He said with a smile "She values honesty too...and intelligence...she will wish to speak with you at the banquet."

He nodded when she spoke about her family it must have been upsetting to be seperated such. Without his mother's guidance he might have turned out like his younger brothers. They were not content without mistresses around them though they were more serious minded men.

"Well I hope you will come to enjoy the company of your new family" He said with a light smile as they came to a stop.

He disliked having to step out of the carriage but hebdid and offered his hand to help her down before offering an elbow. Music drifted out of the castle played by an orchestra as he led her into the great hall. It was elegantly done with polished Marbel floors and Mahogany staircases. Elegant paintings and tapestries lined the walls as he led her into the ballroom a gentle smile on his face. The room was tastefully decorated in white and very pale colors his mother's planning of course.

"Do you wish to mingle Princess" He asked "I am sure you wish to become acquainted with others."

"I am sure that I will like your mother very much as well as the rest of your family. I will look forward to speaking with her at the banquet and in the future. As long as she doesn't blame me for taking her best son away." She was half serious and half joking. Serious because she knew that some mothers did indeed hate their son's wives and joking because from how Prince Galen described his mother she couldn't believe that she was such a woman.
Isabella took the Prince's arm and got out of the carriage. She put on her smile as they walked up the stairs and she nodded to the people that greeted them. She really would rather have stayed in the carriage with Galen talking. He seemed like an honest and intelligent man, two traits that she valued very high.

"Yes my Prince. I would love to mingle. I will follow you wherever you go. " she still held onto his arm.

There were so many people there. She only knew her parents and Galen. There was some relatives that she had met when she was a child but she couldn't remember what they looked like. She had however read all there was to read about the two families and she knew who was related to who and how far each was from the throne. But she realized that you can read all your life and never get the same knowledge as the real life gives you. She would have to learn so many things about people. So she held close to Galen and let him do the talking. He seemed happy to talk and she was the woman so no one expected her to talk.

"She may be honored that you would get me out of her hair" He said chuckling.

"Not likely" His mother said walking towards them "I will miss the baby I cared for...oh to turn back the sands if time and bring him back."

They both laughed cheerfully and she hugged him before extending the same warm welcome to Isabella.

"I hope you can put up with us my dear" She said with a smile.

He rolled his eyes and gently patted Isabella's hand before his mother swept her away smiling lightly at him.

"I wish to speak to your lovely bride alone" She said "A little girl to girl chat."

She didn't hesitate before she walked off with Isabella in tow but her gentle smile was there to calm both him and the young woman.

He walked into the part he had to mingle with the guests though he would have preferred to enjoy his time with Isabella. Getting himself a flute of champagne he made small talk with a few of the guests and enjoyed the music that carried through the room.

"Ah Galen surprised you haven't just drug your bride to your chambers" His brother Wilhem walked to him.

"Waiting is half the joy" He remarked "Why should you care Wilhelm?"

"Well you haven't taken a mistress...I assume you would be so pent up you wouldn't be able to wair" Wilhelm remarked.

Galen rolled his eyes and replied "I have more self control...and I would never force that act upon a young woman...some of us have honor."

Wilhelm scoffed and sipped from his drink glancing around the roo he vaguely resembled Galen with the same dark hair and even nose yet he was so different.

"Arrogant boy" Wilhelm muttered causing Will to bow.

"A perfect man cannot helo but be arrogant brother dear" Galen said "Now I have my perfect bride."

Isabella felt a little awkward being hugged by the queen. Nothing she had read about royal etiquette said anything about being hugged by queens. Again her lack of real life experience made her uncertain. She was a little scared to be separated from Galen the only person she felt she knew here. The queen's smile as she walked off with er did comfort her a little but she still had a hard time finding the words. "Thank you my queen. I am most honoured to talk with you. I must say that you have made this party quite impressive." Not that Isabella had anything to compare with but she thought it was a fantastic party, the decorations were beautiful and the music were amazing.

"So polite" She said with a smile "You may call me Mirriana child we are family now...and this is the least I can do."

Mirriana was still smiling at the young woman collecting a pair of champagne flutes from a tray and offering one to the young girl.

"Isabella...if you do not mind such familiarity" She said smiling "I wanted to ask if there was any way we could make your days with us comfortable."

There was more to this chat as she glanced at her middle son and Galen were speaking, she did adore all of her children yet her other sons were not like him. Wilhelm and Gregoir were more like her husband true arrogant men who basked in the privelage of being men.

"I would give you a fair warning" She said "I have two other sons and they may try to bed you...it is their nature...I do not believe they would take their passions too far...yet I do ask you to be careful...they spare no love for Galen and are the sources of many false rumors."

~~~
"What sort of man would you take me for brother" Wilhelm remarked.

"The sort of man you are" Galen told him "Mind that you and Gregoir keep your distance...and your tongues restrained."

"Of course brother dear" Wilhelm said softly bowing "As my future king requests.'

"Liar" Galen said as Wilhelm walked away.

He set his drink down and walked toward the balcony he knew his brothers would not risk an incident by forcing themselves onto.his bride but they were persuasive.

Isabella took the champagne that the queen offered. "I do not mind that you call me Isabella my quee.... Mirriana." she smiled "I have really no idea what my days here will be like. So to be honest I don't know how they can be made more comfortable."

Isabella also glanced at the men talking. Galen looked so much more like the king to be than his brothers. But she knew that in the royal families all around the continent there had been no small amount of murders and assassination just so one brother could have the throne from another. With the animosity between the sons she feared for her prince. Of cause the Queen would never listen to such concerns but Isabella knew then that it would be in her best interest to work to keep her husband safe. To the queen she said, "Thank you for the warning, Mirriana. I will stay forever true to Prince Galen. I will be careful around them"

"My queen, Mirriana. May I ask a question? Would you in the future help me learn the things I need to know to be at the court? I haven't received much training in that being locked away for nine years. So there's many things I just don't know how to do." Isabella was glad that the queen seemed so nice. It would make things a lot easier not to be fighting the queen for every inch of ground. Working with her as an ally would make Isabella's job as Galen's wife much easier.

"Thank you" She said gently patting Isabella's hand.

Isabella smiled at her question the girl was truly sheltered butnit would be no trouble to teach her the ways of court.

"I will" Mirriana said to her "I will teach you all the ways of court...it can be a den of vipers on the best of days...it is why I hope you and Galen will be happy with each other...having someone to come home to and be yourself with is a wonderful treasure after treading thin ice."

There was a touch of sadness in her voice but she was still smiling at Isabella and sipped from her champagne looking around at the party guests. The King her husband was attempting to seduce a young servant girl attending to the guests. It did not surprise her the man was insatiable but she wished he could be faithful.

~~~

Galen stood outside on the balcony enjoying the nice weather he hated his brothers but they wouldn't rile him up not today. He had his bride to think of and smiled walking back inside. He spotted them both and made a beeline right for them.

"Pardon me Mother but I do believe it is time for me to dance with my bride" He said bowing and held his hand out "Will you do me the honor princess?"

Isabella was happy that the Queen seemed to be such a decent person. But from what she saw and from the sound of hurt in the queen's voice, Isabella immediately took a disliking of the King. She sipped at the champagne also and then Galen came to them. Isabella smiled at him when he asked for her to dance, "It would be an honor my prince." She curtsied at the queen and said, "Thank you for talking to me." And then she took the prince's hand.
She let him lead her to the dance floor and she had only eyes for him. It wasn't until they were almost at the dance floor that she realized that everyone else were standing still and looking at the newly wed couple as thy were about to have their first dance... that would be almost everyone, there was a certain servant girl that had a hard time standing still and a king that didn't bother.

He led her to the dancefloor smiling the people were watching them many compliments to Isabella passed around the room. A noblewoman made a comment claiming the princess looked common but he didn't think so. They were on the dancefloor and he pulled her close placing a hand on her waist. He looked into her eyes as the band started to play and they began to dance. It was a slow dance so she wouldn't have to worry about falling as they danced.

"You enjoy reading?" He asked they may not have been alone but he wanted to continue their conversation "I am sure you will enjoy the library we have collected many books from other nations I can show you the way tomorrow."

They had the banquet and the wedding night tradition to take care of tonight. He was not the sort of man his brothers were but they wouldn't have a choice tonight if the marriage wasn't consumated then it could be nullified should someone find out.

"Your parents brought many of your things" He told her "But if you require anything else I will be more than happy to provide it."

She was surprisingly good at dancing. It had been one of the things her mother had ordered her maids to train with her. Isabella moved with the music along with Galen. "Yes I enjoy reading. It has been my only way of knowing about the outside world. So I've read hundreds if not thousands of books over the last nine years. I read four different languages and speak three of them. But I'd love to see your.... I mean our library." she was still getting used to the thought that she was now part of this family.

His family... after tonight it would be official. There was of cause the duties she had to preform, the banquet and the night together in their bed. She wasn't really sure what would happen because neither her mom nor the maids had been comfortable talking about it. But she had read a few love poems and she even had a book that her mother would have died of shame had she seen it. So Isabella had a faint idea of what was expected of her.

When he told her that he would provide for her, she smiled at him and kissed him not seeing the crowd around them that was watching just the two of them dancing. "I know you will. Thank you." and she kissed him again.

"Intelligence is the most attractive quality in a young woman" He said being honest "I prefer someone I can talk to over someone who looks good on my arm."

He spun her and dipped her gently adding, "Though you are very beautiful."

He smiled gently at her as he lifted her back up continuing their dance it was wonderful and when she kissed him he smiled. It was a pleasant surprise he assumed it would take forever for her to want to kiss him. He returned her kisses not caring that they were in public. They were no longer dancing instead he pulled her close and deepened their kiss she was free to pull away whenever she wished.

"You are wonderfully surprising" He said softly when the kiss ended "I think we have hogged the dancing long enough...let us get some fresh air."

He offered his elbow before leading her out of the room and onto the balcony he'd been on previously. The sun had started to set and the sky was washed in brilliant gold and red.

"How did your talk with mother go?" He asked her.

Isabella smiled at the compliments. He was such a gentleman. And she even blushed when he called her beautiful. The dance regrettably came to an end. Isabella smiled at her prince. "Thank you for a wonderful dance." ans she realized that it was the first time she had ever danced with a man.

She took his elbow and followed him to the balcony. "What a beautiful sunset." she said looking out.

Then she turned to him, "Your mother is a wonderful woman. I think we'll get along very well."

Back
Top Bottom