Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Angels and Demons- Moon/Krystal

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was another miserable day in the little village, just off of the city. It had been little less than a week had passed since the major accident that had taken the 'little prince' away from the village. He and his best friend, Krystal, had been coming home after a party, neither of them had been drinking. It hadn't been that kind of party, but still, alcohol had been the cause of his death. The Car had come from nowhere, a Drunk Driver had careened out of control into Soleiyu Aurum's Car... somehow though, the 'Little Prince' as he was called by most of the village, had turned the car around so he was struck, instead of the 'Little Princess' who had been riding with him. She had been hurt of course, but she had lived with nothing more than bruises, scratches, and maybe a few broken bones... Soleiyu was dead on impact. Soleiyu's parents where devastated, they had arrived on the scene and his mother had simply started to scream. Soleiyu's father had started trying to understand, and protected Krystal from the press who where hounding her with questions, uncaring that she was in shock and in pain and possibly dying. No one blamed her. The Drunk Driver on the other hand, suffered the full force of the entire villages wrath. He would be going to prison for the rest of his life.

The funeral had been yesterday, and the elder Aurum's had stared at their feet and sobbed as their best friends tried to comfort them. Krystal's parents and Soleiyu's parents had been friends for a very long time. They had grown up as children, playing together and laughing, they had risen to the top of a multi-billion company together, binding together all of their businesses to nearly triple their income. Soleiyu and Krystal where really a little prince and princess of an entire Kingdom, but with Soleiyu dead, only Krystal would 'inherit' the business. It seamed such a silly thing to worry about, but it was all the Press would talk about. Krystal's parents, and Soleiyu's parents where mired in grief at the death of their son and 'nephew', they could hardly even imagine what Krystal was going through. She had been right there when he died, had seen the life slip from his eyes, and had heard his last words. “Be Happy... for us, both.” he had whispered before he died. How he had managed to talk at all was a mystery that modern science would never be able to solve. It hadn't stopped raining since the funeral, and the Aurum parents hadn't left the grave since then, no matter what anyone said. It was expected that they would follow their son into the grave if they kept up.

The Son himself, well that was an interesting story. He had woken in fields of white, free of pain. Even free of the knee pain that had plagued him ever since he'd been kidnapped when he was ten. The kidnappers had shattered his knee, and it had never healed right, some days it hurt so bad he couldn't even get out of bed. But that pain was gone. He had woken in shock to find himself... with wings. He was now floating in the sky, above his own home, watching his parents in the backyard, sobbing over his graves. There was nothing he could do for them, they could not see him. Only the dead and the inhuman could see him. What a shock that was! His selfless act to save the girl he loved, had made him an angel of Death. A protector of humans and a courier of souls. He was only in training though, so he had plenty of free time to come to terms with his death. He smiled as he slid through the walls, stepping into his own room, his twin set of wings folding tightly into his back. “i never did get to finish reading these...” he complained, touching a set of books that Krystal had demanded he read. She was bossy like that... he missed her already.

Krystal could not contain her sorrow. The man she loved had just saved her life. She sat alone in her big midnight blue bedroom, sobbing, her long naturally blue hair covering her face. She couldn't even look around her bedroom, everything in it reminded her of him, Sol, the man who saved her life. Krystal sat holding her knees to her chest as she cried, her satin bedspread as drenched in tears as her black skinny jeans. Her mother came in and held her daughter close, shushing her tears and singing to her softly, trying to offer comfort.

"I just can't believe he's gone mommy.. I loved him so much. My solar beam." she squeaked out, crying on her mother Meggie Kobayashi's shoulder. Her mother held her closer still, stroking her head and handing her a little blue stuffed kitten.
"Your father gave this to me when I was crying. I hope little bluebell makes you feel better Krystal kitten." she says with a slight smile as she continues to hold the sobbing 20 year old.

"Thank you mommy." she said with a tiny smile, hugging it close. the kitten did make her feel a little better, but it wasn't Sol. she would give anything to be in his arms again, to kiss him, just to see him again. her mother left soon after that, and the curvy but thin blue eyed girl began to cry once again. wishing to god to see him again.
"Sol, come back to me my solar beam" she whispered just before passing out from crying.

Soleiyu stepped into Krystal's bedroom, sliding through the wall like some sort of Ghost, his head tilted as he studied her. he had tucked his parents into bed, shocked that he could still interact with the inanimate objects. they had both passed out as well, so he hadn't had to worry about someone seeing the sheets and blankets moving on their own. "...Krystal..." he sighed, gently stroking her cheek as he studied her tear stained face. he gently tucked the blankets around her and reached up, plucking a feather from his wing with a small wince, and gently tucked it into her hands. as soon as it left his fingers, it became solid and real. it was the closest thing to comfort he could actually give her. he didn't dare write her a letter or anything, he didn't want her to think she was going insane or something after all. but it hurt him, so deep to see her in so much pain. it felt so bad to see her hurting so much. he settled on the other side of her bed, noticing that he didn't leave an indent. it really was as if he wasn't there.

he did what he always did when she was upset. he sang her a song as he gently rubbed her back, the words of her favorite song floating in the air in his always perfect voice. Soleiyu had been the lead in the Choir, and in the Drama musicals. his voice was amazing, and he had planned on joining Krystal's band once he wasn't so busy with his Violin lessons. he had been learning it just for Krystal, so that they could be in the band together. granted, a Violin didn't have much of a place with a Gothic group, but it could add that haunting melody that Krystal's lead guitarist was always complaining about being missing. "oh Krystal... i wish i could take this pain from you..." he whispered. "if only we had left ten minutes later... if only we had waited like Mou told us to..." Mou was one of Soleiyu's freinds. and one of the very few people allowed to use the boys full name. the day of the accident, Mou had told them to wait ten more minutes, so they could see the winner of the contest being held that night, but Soleiyu had been feeling unwell... he had been a sickly boy to begin with, he was always coming down with chest colds. he had wanted to go home, because he hadn't been feeling well. "this is all my fault Krystal... so please, don't cry anymore... i will always be with you..."

Krystal spent most of the night sleeping peacefully, but nightmares of that night still plagued her. She cried a little in her sleep, but mostly she just had dreams of being a princess trapped in a tower and Sol rescuing her. it was kind of surreal actually, dreams of him saving her. He already did save her, and now he was gone. It still couldn't compute for her, him being gone, it didn't seem like the truth. She didn't know why she felt this way, she just did. Krystal wondered if it was a vision of something to come.

The next morning, Krystal woke up feeling better somehow. She sat up in bed noticed a black feather in her hand. "huh. whats this?" she asked out loud, wondering where it came from. The feel of it was so soft, just like sol's hair. Something about it made her think of him, but instead of crying, she smiled.
"Sol, you sly dog. I don't know how you did it, but you did." she says more to herself as she goes to get out of bed, but then she notices someone next to her. it looks like sol, but she can't be sure.
"Sol?" she asks tentatively as she gets out of bed to get a closer look.

Soleiyu knew he shouldn't have done it, but he fell asleep on the bed next to her. technically, Angel's didn't need to sleep, but he had been bored, and he had loved to sleep. he slept anytime he could get away with it, especially in the collage classes that he hated but had to take anyway. he shifted as she spoke his name and he blinked at her, his bright moss green eyes fixed on hers for the longest moment before he sat up and sighed. "damn... i fell asleep. Gabriel is going to be annoyed with me..." he muttered, as if he couldn't see her. he turned and looked at Krystal, frowning as he noticed the look on her face. "i wonder whats got her so freaked out? it's almost as if she's looking at me..." he muttered. "...but that's completely impossible. human's can't see me, i already know that..." he muttered as he stood up and walked over to the wall, pausing and looking back and going frozen as he realized her eyes where still fixed on him. "...Krys?... can you SEE me?" he asked, his eyes going wide. "shit you can actually see me!" he demanded, wondering if she was going to yell at him for his language again.

Gabriel, his 'trainer' had told him time and time again that no human would be able to see him. but that there where some humans who had a touch of demon, or angel blood inside of them, which gave them special abilities, like being psychic, being able to see ghosts, and sometimes even being able to control things with the mind. but Krystal had never experienced such things before had she? had he unwittingly, accidentally gifted her with the ability to see him? it couldn't be the feather, Gabriel had said it would be alright to leave a feather, so that Krystal wouldn't worry so much about him. so what was it? how could she so suddenly see him? "...Krystal, i have to go... don't tell anyone you saw me, alright?" he asked softly, gently cupping her face in his hand, stroking her cheek. "it could be dangerous for you, if someone finds out." he warned softly before stepping backwards, and sliding through the wall. he needed to talk to Gabriel. he needed to understand what was happening. he would be back later that night, once she was alone. and just as he promised her, as soon as she was alone in her room, he slid through the wall and sat cross legged on her bed. "i hate it when you cry, you know..."

"I know. I just couldn't help it. It feels like a millennium since I've seen you." she sits on the bed and looks to him, still unsure but knowing its not a dream. Krystal sits across from him, her long blue hair fleshing out at either side of her as she just stares at him, still slight disbelief painted in her usual features. krystal itches her skin a little, a nervous habit they both shared, and notices its turning the same blue as her hair.

"what's happening?" she looks at him frantically, showing him her hand, which is now completely blue. she started to itch more, making her skin turn blue until she was completely midnight. There was fear in her wide blue eyes, but also confusion. All this weirdness started the night she had the dream about him as an angel.
"Sol, are you an angel? because if you are then this is all to weird. I had a dream you were one." she said, her face calmer, but still confused.

Soleiyu smiled a little as he watched her. "it's only been a week for you." he pointed out. "although... i guess it's a little different, being that i'm dead and all..." he muttered, sighing as he looked down at his feet. "Mother and father... they aren't.. taking my death well at all." he admitted softly, looking worried. "i can't leave them a feather..." he admitted softly. "i can only leave the one... no matter if i drop dozens at their feet... they won't see them." he admitted softly. "Gabriel said that's why you can see me... my feather, the power lingering on it, unlocked your own power." he admitted, looking startled as she started scratching at her hand. "what in the? Krystal, calm down! just calm down!" he ordered, taking her hand. "i think maybe you're more than just a 'drop'..." he muttered, frowning as he studied her hand before he glanced up at her and smiled a little. "...yes, Alica. i'm an Angel. my self sacrifice to protect you, gave me powerful wings." he admitted, shifting so that he wouldn't hit her, he spread all four wings, stretching them wide so she could see every inch of them. "i'm really very proud of them, you know?" he asked with a smile. "you see. on this earth there are many different kinds of creatures, but by far the most powerful are the Angels, and the Demons..." he explained.

he studied her hand. "a long time ago, Angel's and Demon's could be seen by almost anyone... a lot of Humans fell in love with Angels and Demons. when they had babies, those babies shared the characteristics of their parents. over time the bloodlines diluted. only someone with Angel or demon blood in them, can see Angel's and Demon's.... sometimes they'll have other abilities as well. i think you have some Demon blood in you. i don't think that Angel's turn blue..." he admitted with a shrug. "either you're mom or dad might know if they have Demon or Angel blood in their family. but be careful when you ask. don't want you being admitted into an insanity ward after all." he teased, smiling a little as he pulled her into a hug. "i'm so sorry Alica... i left you all alone... i'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault Sol. You just did what you thought was right. I would have done the same thing." she says to him with a smile, admiring his wings. She had to admit, they were absolutely beautiful. Black like his hair and absolutely huge. She couldn't help but be a little envious, since her only power was turning blue, at least as far as she knew. There was a knock on the door, and her mother came into the room, not looking surprised at all to see Sol, and to see Krystal blue.
"So, I see you've become and angel of death. Good job. Kitten, don't panic, but if he's told you about angel and demon blood. He's a bit wrong on this. You my dear, are a full demon. I had to hide you in the human world to keep your real father from killing you. That's why I married Kenichi. His blood masks the scent of ours." she says nonchalantly, looking to Sol.

Krystal just sat there in disbelief, slight confusion in her pretty features. This was a lot to take in. Granted, she was absolutely over the moon happy to see Sol again, but on the other hand, she was afraid. If she was a demon and he was an angel, doesn't that make them enemies? She didn't know, so she pushed the hair out of her face and kissed him, just for the hell of it. (pun intended) "Does this mean we're supposed to be enemies?" she asked her big blue eyes wide as she took his hand.

Soleiyu gaped at Krystal's mother, his eyes wide as he stared at her. "you...you.. you can s..s..see me!" he stuttered in stunned astonishment as he pulled his wings in tight to his back so that they wouldn't get in the way. "...so you know you're partially Demon then." Soleiyu muttered, studying the woman he had always thought of as a second mom. he paused, stunned as he was told that Krystal was in fact, a full Demon. "but that's not possible! i know for a FACT that Kenichi isn't in the least bit Demon!" he protested, frowning. "and you would have to be at LEAST a half demon! i don't know really, how it works... Demon and Angel genetics don't work the same way that human genetics do..." he muttered before gaping at her, his eyes wide. "she's... she's really a Demon..." he muttered, falling onto the bed in stunned amazement. "your a Hanyou and... no one ever knew..." he looked at Krystal, stunned. "...well, Blue always did look good on you." he muttered, cracking jokes was always his way of calming himself down. he gasped at the kiss, startled. they'd ever kissed in front of their parents before. hell they'd kept their dating as much of a secrete as possible, since they didn't want to cause problems for each other. his surprise didn't last long before he was kissing her back.

"i... i don't know. from what i understand Angels and Demons don't really 'like' each other, but they aren't enemies at the moment. the last War sort of took care of most of the reasons why they where fighting... namely, human souls. that's my job, by the way. is to take care of human souls while they are being judged and stuff. if they are good souls, then i take them to heaven, if they are bad souls, i take them to the Gates of hell." he admitted, blinking at her. "i don't know much about other Angels or Demons... hell i don't even know yet, how a Soul is 'judged'..." he admitted, scowling at his toes as he thought before looking up at Krystal's mother. "Aunty... why are you hiding from Krystal's father anyway? from what i understand, not a lot of Demon's hold much power. they wouldn't be able to leave the Hel Lands... right?"

Meggie looks at the two of them and sighs, her big blue eyes darkening just slightly. She sat down in a nearby chair crossing her legs in it and sort of crouching. "That's kind of a long story, kids. so, I'll give you the abridged version. Krystal's father is no ordinary demon. He's the head honcho. You know in Inu Yasha the great dog demon? he's like that. We had a one night stand about 21 years ago. He never realized I was a hanyou. I had Krystal, and she was a full demon. When Axel heard of this, he put a price on Krystal's head for fear of her overthrowing him, so we escaped to the human world. I married Kenichi because he's fully blooded human. The stink of his blood deters any who would smell mine, or hers. When you were very little i bound your powers because I knew you were to young to handle them. This was also for your protection. Even if Kenichi drenched you in human blood they would still be able to find you. you're powers are 10 times mine, kitten." she says to the pair, as Krystal cuddles close to Sol, playing around a bit with his huge wings.

"So, you're telling me I'm sort of like a female Sesshomaru?" she says with a laugh as she gets up to get a very large glass of tea from her mini fridge. She pours it and gestures to her mother to see if she wants some, but Meggie declines, waiting for her to sit down before she speaks again. Krystal then sits and sips her tea, looking to sol first and then to her mother, who smiles.
"Well, you two are in love? that's good. You may be just what our worlds need to finally have peace." she says with another smile.

Soleiyu blinked a little as he watched his 'auntie' his head cocked to the side. a habit he'd had ever since he and Krystal had gotten into Anime as children. he had been a terrible mimic back then, always copying everything and anything he saw. "Inu-Taichou..." Sol muttered, looking a little worried. "so... Krystal is a full blooded demon, and 'heir' tot eh Demon throne... i heard Gabriel talking... the old Throne master... he died... i think." he muttered, biting his thumb as he considered what was going on. "Krystal is in danger..." he muttered, his wings twitching as Krystal played with them. "will the price on her head still be viable with the 'old king' dead?" he asked. "if he even is dead i mean... all i know is that one rumor, and Gabriel wasn't sure if the rumor was true or not..." he admitted. "if her power is coming out, then someone will be coming for her, right? i'll have to protect her..." he muttered, accepting the glass of tea and taking a sip before blinking as he realized that it had simply fallen through him. "...oh yeah... i can't eat human food..." he muttered, looking a bit sheepish. "sorry.. i made a mess..."

"...we...er... yeah." he admitted sheepishly, blushing brilliantly as he put the cup of tea on the table and cleared up the spill with a wave of a wing, studying his progress in the art of 'matter manipulation'. he couldn't do much yet, but he was getting better. "how do you mean? aren't they at peace now?" he asked, looking confused. while the Angels and Demon's weren't actively fighting at the moment, they certainly hated each other, and where almost always looking for a reason to try and kill one another. "i'll need to talk to Gabriel..." Soleiyu finally muttered. "i'll have to use Time reversion... to get all the training i need... i don't dare leave you alone for too long... if you're turning blue, then the other Demon's will start to sense her, right? and they'll come here intending to take her in, or kill her for the bounty..." he muttered, frowning as he considered, looking up at Meggie. "can you protect her for a few days? i should be able to fit about three months of training into the few days if Gabriel agrees to it... by then i should be able to protect her from most of the threats..."

Moon Struck Fox said:
Soleiyu blinked a little as he watched his 'auntie' his head cocked to the side. a habit he'd had ever since he and Krystal had gotten into Anime as children. he had been a terrible mimic back then, always copying everything and anything he saw. "Inu-Taichou..." Sol muttered, looking a little worried. "so... Krystal is a full blooded demon, and 'heir' tot eh Demon throne... i heard Gabriel talking... the old Throne master... he died... i think." he muttered, biting his thumb as he considered what was going on. "Krystal is in danger..." he muttered, his wings twitching as Krystal played with them. "will the price on her head still be viable with the 'old king' dead?" he asked. "if he even is dead i mean... all i know is that one rumor, and Gabriel wasn't sure if the rumor was true or not..." he admitted. "if her power is coming out, then someone will be coming for her, right? i'll have to protect her..." he muttered, accepting the glass of tea and taking a sip before blinking as he realized that it had simply fallen through him. "...oh yeah... i can't eat human food..." he muttered, looking a bit sheepish. "sorry.. i made a mess..."

"...we...er... yeah." he admitted sheepishly, blushing brilliantly as he put the cup of tea on the table and cleared up the spill with a wave of a wing, studying his progress in the art of 'matter manipulation'. he couldn't do much yet, but he was getting better. "how do you mean? aren't they at peace now?" he asked, looking confused. while the Angels and Demon's weren't actively fighting at the moment, they certainly hated each other, and where almost always looking for a reason to try and kill one another. "i'll need to talk to Gabriel..." Soleiyu finally muttered. "i'll have to use Time reversion... to get all the training i need... i don't dare leave you alone for too long... if you're turning blue, then the other Demon's will start to sense her, right? and they'll come here intending to take her in, or kill her for the bounty..." he muttered, frowning as he considered, looking up at Meggie. "can you protect her for a few days? i should be able to fit about three months of training into the few days if Gabriel agrees to it... by then i should be able to protect her from most of the threats..."
"Yes. Don't worry to much. Her powers maybe surfacing but she's old enough now to control them. Also, there is a barrier around our village just in case. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up though. Kitten, you should be able to help me keep it up. Though, we may have to worry about one demon. Krystal's half brother in law. As a lord, he's strong enough to break through the barrier, even with your help Krystal. Sol, go see Gabriel. I'll protect her as long as I can. As for your other question, I just mean that your relation ship could be what helps both sides finally see eye to eye." she says to him, her expression confident, but there was slight fear in here eyes.

Krystal kisses Sol lightly but passionately, partly so he knows it will be okay, and partly to tell him how much she loves him. She then smiles at him and sips her tea more, her face calm, but on the inside she was still trying to take this all in. "me, a full demon? i mean I've always thought it was cool, but this is a little big for my britches. guess I have to get used to it." she thinks to herself as her mother walks over to her, handing her a small golden locket with a sapphire encrusted in it.
"This will help protect you. It will keep your powers in check and will let you retain the look of a human. put it on, kitten." Krystal does as she told, but not before looking at the small locket. "its beautiful" she says with a small smile as she puts it over her head.

Soleiyu nodded a little and pondered the Barrier. he hadn't noticed anything, but then, it was designed for Demons, not Angels. "a Demon Lord? a Brother in Law? won't he be in line to the throne then?" Sol asked, shooting Krystal a worried glance. would this person come and try to hurt Krystal? well, he wouldn't let that happen, he wouldn't! "i'll be back in two, maybe three days tops." he promised softly, kissing her back, closing his eyes so he could enjoy the lingering feeling of her before he slid through the wall and vanished from sight. as he said, he wasn't back very soon. it took him three days to return. once he did return, he had a bit more confidence about him, and he was wearing a heavy cloak with a fur trim and there was a large Scythe strapped to his back, much like the human idea of the Grim Reaper... only cuter. "Meggie, Krystal! i'm back!" he called as he stepped into the kitchen through the wall. he figured it would be more polite. so far nothing had happened. nothing too exciting anyway. in the last three days Sol's parents had started to recover a little. they weren't happy by any means, but they had stopped refusing food at least.

he glanced around the kitchen and sighed as he sat down in a chair, thinking about the last three months of training. he wasn't sure how it had worked, but for every day in the 'mortal realms' a month had passed in the 'room' that Sol had been training in. Gabriel seamed to share Meggie's thoughts, because the Archangel hadn't even batted an eyelash to the fact that Sol was 'dating' the next Queen of Demons. even more, the Archangel had given Sol his very first job, protecting Meggie. Sol and Gabriel had already had a few practice sessions on Demon's who tried to get through the Barrier. honestly, Sol was a little surprised at how powerful Demon's where... and he himself was. he'd never expected that he would be so... good, at this. killing things. he felt entirely bad ass. "Krystal! how are you! it's been ages since i saw you." he admitted with a small smile. "you haven't had any problems lately?"

(i'll be introducing the Step Brother within the next few posts^^ i have a kick ass picture for him! XDD remind me what we where going to name him? i've forgotten... ^^;)

"It's been pretty uneventful here. Mommy called me in sick for my college classes though, said it was to dangerous outside the barrier. I've pretty much been here for the past 3 days." she says with a smile, kissing him and siting on his lap. She noticed the cloak and scythe, but ignored it, figuring it was just part of his job. She had really missed him these 3 days, the house felt empty without the sound of his laughter. Meggie came into the kitchen a few minutes later, and smiled at the happy couple. She looked to Krystal whose locket glowed softly and she noticed that she had a black tattoo of what looked like a crowned skull with wings on her arm.

Kitten, how long have you had that tattoo?" she asked her daughter quizzically as she looked to Sol, who's scythe was glowing a little as well. Krystal looked at her arm and then looked confused, seeing the tattoo. She had no idea where it came from! It did look like something she would get tattooed on her though, so she wasn't too worried. Meggie looked to her and then began to speak. "Kitten, that's the mark of the demon monarch. If you have that, then that must mean that Axel truly is dead." she said with slight relief, knowing though that now Krystal would have to go down there and become queen. She only hoped that the one who came to fetch Krystal would be good.
(Roreck. I believe that's what we were gonna name him moon.)

he chuckled a little and nodded. "it really wasn't safe outside the barrier... i had to kill three pesky demons who where trying to get in..." he admitted, looking vaguely troubled by that. he'd never really had to kill before, but he'd done it to protect the woman he loved. he could, and would kill anything that dared to threaten his Krystal. he grinned as she slid onto his lap, and he kissed her back, humming happily as he wound his fingers into hers, holding her hand, simply glad to still be able to hold her. when he had first died, and been told that humans wouldn't be able to see him, he had worried that he would never hold her again. he was so glad she was a Demon... he only hoped nothing bad happened to her because of it. "Tattoo?" Sol asked, blinking as he examined the Tattoo. "mmm it suits you rather well." he admitted with a smile. "ah! so she's really the next in line for the Throne..." he muttered, biting his lip. "the question now is... is that a good thing... or a bad thing?" he mused before pausing as something flickered at the edge of his awareness. a very powerful Demon was standing just outside of the Barrier. a heartbeat passed, and then in an instant the Barrier collapsed.

"shit..." Soleiyu hissed. Gabriel had shown him how to monitor the Barrier himself. he couldn't add his powers to it, but he could tell when it was disturbed. for it to suddenly fall like that, it had to be one hell of a strong demon. "Krystal, stay close to me." he ordered, standing up and shoving her behind him as he dropped the cloak to the ground and grabbed his scythe, which shrank so it wouldn't get caught on anything in the house. it wouldn't take long for the Demon to get there. it had approached from the place closest to the house. it only took a moment for the Demon to appear, stepping through the wall in all of it's frightening glory. he was tall, breaking the six foot mark easily, and his eyes whre a glowing red as he examined the people in the room. "I Am Roreck." it stated simply. "Lord of Nightmares." he stated simply, his entire body covered in black metal armor that made him look even more frightening... though you couldn't deny just how handsome he really was. "And what do you want here!?" Soleiyu demanded, gripping his scythe even tighter, Roreck's eyes flickering over Sol. "a Death angel. how unusual. i am here to take the Queen to her rightful throne."

(this is Roreck^^ ignore the big blade things on the sides and you've got a pretty good picture of him!^^)

Krystal does as she told, standing behind him with her arms wrapped around his torso. She pokes her head out from behind him to catch a glimpse of the Demon who had just broken through the barrier, curious to know what such a powerful demon is supposed to look like. Meggie smiles when she sees the man in question, getting up from her chair to hug him. "Its been awhile, Roreck. How you managed to convince Axel to let you be his adviser is beyond me. Sol, Krystal, there's no reason to fear him at the moment. He and I are old friends. I should have known you would be the one to fetch my daughter." she says with another smile, sitting back in her chair, using her power to look into his mind to see if Axel had made him forget who he was. Krystal poked her head out from behind Sol again as she looked at him, she just couldn't fathom how handsome he was. It was almost daunting. She loved Sol, that was a fact, but something in her remembered him. She tentatively stepped out from behind Sol and looked to him, wondering what she should say.

"Hello.. Roreck.." she sort of meekly breathed out, still unsure. she held her locket tightly as she looked up at him, wondering what he was thinking, as more questions run through her mind. She had no idea what to make of all this, her, a queen? it didn't seem real, and honestly she was surprised he hadn't lunged for sol's throat. there were so many questions swirling around in her mind, but she asked the most obvious first. "What exactly does being a demon queen entail?"

Roreck gave Meggie a rather unhealthy look, as if he wished she would burst into flames, but he didn't stop her from hugging him. "Axel had no choice. i was the only one with the power capable of it. as a Nightmare demon, i am naturally superior to most." Soleiyu looked a little disturbed at the Demon's 'holier than thou' attitude. as if Roreck simply knew he was better than anyone else. "cease touching me." he ordered, though he didn't try to shove Meggie away. Meggie had patched him up more times than he wanted to count. Axel had a nasty temper, and he'd often taken it out on Roreck, who refused to defend himself simply because the man was the king. better a beating than a death sentence after all. Meggie had saved him from death more times than he could count. she was one of the only people who talked to him, let alone touch him. though, as she looked into his mind, she would see that he had a long gap in his memory. so while he remembered Meggie, he didn't remember much of anything else. a blank slate, even his own mother was gone from his mind. he remembered nothing but his service to Axel.

his eyes flicked over to Krystal when she greeted him, his face as stoic and emotionless as it almost always was. he was like a blank slate, completely expressionless. he'd been that way since a child though, when one was punished for expressing emotions, you quickly learned not to. "Good Morning, My Queen." he stated, offering her a bow, Soleiyu's eye twitching as he studied the Demon. he didn't like this all too hansom man, addressing Krystal with such a hansom voice. "Why is there an Angel of Death here? no one has died." Roreck stated simply, staring at Soleinyu who glared at the Demon. "i'm her guard, and her lover!" that, got a reaction. Roreck's eyes widened a half of a fraction and then he was expressionless once again. "that is forbidden. you will not see Krystal again or i will put you to death." "like a pansy boy like you could stop me! i died for her once, and i'll do it again!" he snarled, gripping his Scythe tightly, Rorecks eyes narrowing a slight fraction, the only hint of his annoyance. even his voice was toneless, emotionless. "You will not be allowed to sully the good name of the Queen. you are nothing but a filthy Angel. you will remove yourself from My Queen's presence or i will have your head."

Krystal looked at Roreck fiercely, quickly turning blue from anger. She lunged at him her hand on his throat in a fraction of a second. "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH HIM, OR I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD!" She yelled in anger, her eyes fiery with passion. It was kind of hilarious seeing a tiny 20 year old girl hold a 6 foot man in the air, but Krystal did it effortlessly. She thew him to the ground with the same effortlessness, Her expression not changing at all. "If I am to be your queen, there is something we now must get straight. Sol and I are together, and if anyone even so much as looks at him funny, they die. No one is to touch him but me." She looks at Roreck with disdain and sits back down, looking to Sol next. She wished he would lower his weapon. it was apparent she was in no danger at this current second. At this moment he was the one in danger, and she wanted to protect him. To tell you the truth, she had enjoyed being so rough with Roreck. She really didn't want to hurt anyone, but something about throwing a man twice her size across the room was exhilarating. She felt powerful.

Meggie smiled at Krystal, and then at Roreck, her smiles becoming more devious when she looked to him. "You better do as she says, Roreck. She is ruthlessness's daughter." Meggie said as she looked to her daughter who now looked like night crawler with wings. Krystal didn't seem to notice the change, she was to busy looking angry to care. Meggie guessed she could tell her when she calmed down. Truthfully, Meggie was very proud of her daughter, becoming the new queen. Krystal would bring in a new era for both angels and demons, who would have thought it all started because her "nephew" saved Krystal's life. If that hadn't have happened, someone even more ruthless than Axel would have taken the throne.

Roreck blinked as she grabbed him by the throat and hauled him off his feet. very impressive considering that she shouldn't have been tall enough to manage such a thing. aside from gasping a little bit for air, Roreck made no move to defend himself. he was used to such things, Axel would have been punching him while choking the life out of him. Roreck watched her, dangling almost limply from her hand as she snarled and ordered him about. he uttered a single, short grunt as he hit the ground, but didn't do anything more. he just waited until she was finished yelling at him before he stood back up with a fluid grace and bowed to her. "of course My Queen. your word is law." he assured her. Soleiyu had not put the weapon down, but that was more because he was too stunned to do anything but gape at Krystal in stunned shock. "...that was kind of hot..." Soleiyu finally admitted as he grew his Scythe back to normal size and then strapped it onto his back once more. "i will always do what my Queen demands of me." Roreck stated simply when Meggie commented.

"however... i am uncertain about how you will manage to stay together, when angels cannot cross the lands to Hel..." here Soleiyu smirked and pulled something out of his pocket, and once again Roreck's eyes widened a brief touch. "Blessed Bones of a Demon... yes, that would protect you." he agreed, Soleiyu scowling at Roreck. "... you freak me out a little." Sol complained. "don't you have emotions?" "no." that was a lie of course, he had them, he just couldn't express them. he didn't know how to anymore. "Lady Meggie. will you be joining us back into hel?" Roreck asked, blinking at the woman, Soleiyu frowning as he studied Roreck. "i really... really don't like this guy..."

"I will be in and out. I still have a life and husband here. Besides, you're the only one who actually likes me down there." she said as she smiled a little sadly at him. Krystal smiled as well, pulling Sol down into her arms and cuddling him like a stuffed animal. She liked Roreck already. Granted, his constant state of non emotion was a little creepy, but she was sure she could get him to open up. They way he acted reminded her a little of Sesshomaru, so, she knew he had a soft side he was unwilling to show. His letting her mom hug him proved that. Krystal cuddled close to Sol and smiled, questions still swirling around in her mind. Sol's welfare foremost in her mind.
"Roreck, will followers of Axel still try to kill me? I mean, it appears I'm capable of taking care of myself, but I worry still. I don't want you or Sol getting hurt. that would make me feel very guilty. Also, I apologize for earlier. I can't really control myself yet. Ive only been a demon for 3 days." She says, her expression one of love for Sol and concern for Roreck.

Krystal wondered what the hell lands looked like. In her mind, they would be bleak but beautiful, almost like a big city, with walls of blue and black roses surrounding the whole place. She envisioned the gates as two big black wrought iron doors, made to look like the surrounding roses. She wondered to herself if being queen meant she could manipulate the way the lands looked, but she didn't voice it. She instead kept quiet and cuddled Sol, playing with his wings a little and smiling. Meggie smiled as she looked the two as well, wondering if maybe Roreck would fall for her young daughter. "That would be a love triangle for the ages" she thought to herself with a tiny smile as she looked to Roreck. "So, when do we leave? Kenichi is off on business, so I have some time to myself."

Roreck nodded a little. "you are correct. most do not like you, they think you do not know your place in society." Roreck admitted dully. "they are rather stupid to think that Axel was 'swayed' by anything more than his own desire to..." here he paused. "but i mustn't say such things about the late king." Sol actually snorted in amusement, looking like he wanted to laugh, but he was too busy being snuggled. Angel's where incredibly touchy feely, they loved to be physical with one another. holding hands, hugging, cuddling, even grooming each others wings. the more contact they had with others, the more content they where. Roreck glanced at Krystal when she spoke and he paused for a moment before he nodded. "yes, Axel's followers and loyal peons are numerous. they wil not like that you ascended to the throne. they will try to kill you, and place either myself, or your younger brother on the throne. they do not understand the way Demon Hierarchy truly works. Axel has destroyed many great traditions, thinking them to be old fashioned and pointless. the Demon's do not understand how things are supposed to work anymore, and Hel is in a severe state of massive disarray because of his actions. had he lived another fifty or so years... Hel would have collapsed in on itself, and become no more." Roreck admitted, as inflection-less as ever. Sol looked greatly troubled by that though. Hel was necessary. while angel's and Demon's hated each other, they understood that the three worlds where connected. you could not have a Heaven, if Earth or Hel was gone. when one world fell... they all fell.

"there is no need to apologize." Roreck stated simply. "i live to serve my Queen." he stated simply, Sol frowning a little as he studied Roreck. "...don't you have a life, guy?" Sol asked, looking baffled. "my life is my service to the throne." Roreck stated simply. it was almost painful to see Roreck when he said that. it was clear that Axel had done a number on the demon. Roreck didn't seam to have any personality, or thoughts of anything other than serving the current Throne holder. it was going to take Krystal a while to break into that shell of his. Sol on the other hand, forgot about everything once she started playing with his wings. his feathers where sensitive, and he'd practically melted into her when she started playing with them, a dazed smile on his face as he enjoyed the sensations coursing through his body. it was even better than getting a massage! "we will leave as soon as you are ready." Roreck stated simply as he glanced at Meggie. "...it is good to see you well, Lady Meggie. there where rumors that you where dead." he admitted simply. the first actual show of some sort of emotion. though you couldn't see, or hear it, it was obvious he had been concerned about Meggie when he'd heard the rumors that she'd died. that was a good sign at least.

Krystal continued to play with Sol's wings, Wondering what she should do now, and deciding that she should probably go to hell and meet this brother of hers. "I'm ready if you 3 are" she stated simply as she continued to play with Sol's wings and used her magic to change her clothes to something other than her pajamas. That had really come in handy the past 3 days, she could now change her clothes while still being in bed. She loved it. Krystal was still discovering her powers, but so far, what she saw, she liked. Knowing Axel was dead was kind of surreal. Despite the fact that he had a price on her head, she still would have liked to know him, being her father and all. Hopefully when they got to hell she'd be able to meet the people who are supposed to be her family. Krystal smiled at the thought of being queen, but it also scared her. How was she going to rule over demons? She didn't know, but she prayed that she would be a fast learner.

Krystal took her messenger bag from her room before she was ready to leave. Her whole life was in that bag. All her lyric books, all her guitar picks, and her iPod. She took her guitar as well before she left, walking back into the kitchen to cuddle Sol once more. Having him back seemed like a miracle to her, and now she wanted to add to the dream. She wished he would ask her to marry him, but on the other hand, she wasn't exactly sure how that would go over, given her new position. This whole thing seemed absurd, yet it was happening, and even now she wasn't sure what in heaven and hells name she was gonna do about it. (pun intended.)

Sol sighed happily as she played with his wings and he snuggled into her a little more, Roreck blinking at the strange pair. an angel of death and the Queen of all demons... it was just wrong, so wrong, but he didn't dare say anything, not after she'd held him up by the throat. he had no desire to be beaten. Sol smirked a little as she changed her clothes right then and there and he blinked at her. "that's very impressive. i couldn't do that for weeks!" he complained, sulking a little. matter reorganization was tricky! "i still can't do it properly..." he grumbled with a sigh. he stood up so she could get her things, and called his own stuff from his 'room' in heaven. there wasn't much. just his favorite book, which Gabriel had created for him, and a few bits of Heavens Food for when he felt the urge to eat something. being dead meant he didn't get hungry, but it was nice to taste things once and a while. he slid his cloak back on, shirts where too hard for him to make at the moment, for some reason he couldn't get them to form around his wings. Krystal had always been smarter than him, so he wasn't all that surprised at how well she was handling her new powers. it was a little bit aggravating, but he wasn't surprised.

he sighed a little and looked into his tiny little bag, it looked more like a coin purse than a bag. the only thing he'd been allowed to take from the 'mortal' realms. he had saved up for three years to get it, working every job he could find. being in high school at the time, it had been a limited job opportunity, but he had gotten it. he could have asked his parents for the money, but he had wanted to make it worth more than just a favor to his parents. the engagement ring he had saved up for, for three years... and now he'd never get to use it, after all.. Angel's couldn't get married... as far as he knew. he hadn't thought to ask Gabriel, and even now he was a bit reluctant to... who knew how Gabriel would react tot he idea of him getting married to a demon? protecting one was one thing, especially since Krystal was their only hope of preventing the end of all the worlds... but, marrying one? no he doubted very much that Gabriel would be alright with that. he tied the bag to his belt anyway, and considered the idea of asking Meggie if it was alright for Angels to marry demons... she'd know, right? but how embarrassing would that be!? he pulled the Blessed Demon Bones back out, and strapped them tightly to his Ankle. they had to be touching his skin to work, and he didn't want the other demons to see them and become enraged.

"We will be stepping through reality to get to the Gates of Hel." ah! he knew how to do that at least. and he bet Meggie did too, so he could follow Meggie, and Krystal would follow Roreck, since he didn't know where the Gates of Hel where per-say. he was still in training after all. stepping through reality was the only way to find the Gates of Heaven, and the Gates of Hel. it was at the Gates, that human souls where dropped off after judgement. it was also the only way to get into the other worlds. the Gates of Hel where massive, towering high above them. and they looked almost exactly as Krystal had imagined them to be. they where almost pretty, really... Roreck stepped forward, pressed his hand to the massive doorway, and pushed, the doors swinging open. "This is the 'living section', this is where the Demons live." he explained. "the 'repentance' areas are where human souls repent their crimes. each level of hell is different, and as each human repents of certain crimes, they move up in level. from the first level of hell, for the least of criminals, to the thirteenth level, where those who are so black souled, they can never leave hell." inside the 'city', because that's what it looked like. towering spires and massive skyscrapers made of black stone. it was frightening and beautiful all at the same time, the roads paved red and thick trailing vines filled with thorns winding through everything.

Krystal followed Roreck through to the gates, astonished at how much it looked like she described it. it was almost as if they had redesigned it for her. She squeezed Sol's hand nervously as they walked through the terrifying yet beautiful city, and she wondered What her castle would look like. "I mean, if I'm a queen, I must have a castle, right?" she thought to herself as they continued to walk through the huge city. Krystal was pretty daunted by how beautiful this place is, almost like a fairy tale. it made her smile."Roreck, Do I have a castle?" she asked suddenly curious, wanting to know all there is about this place.

Krystal played with Sol's wings absentmindedly, trying to keep herself calm. this was all very scary for her, and also invigoration. Its then she notices a pouch on Sol she'd never seen before. Krystal wondered about it for a moment, but then just writ it off as part of his job. :she kissed him long and languidly, just because she wanted to and cuddled close to him. "Sol, will you carry me? I miss that." she says with a slight puppy dog pout as she kisses him again.

Soleiyu was looking around rather curiously, and he paused to pluck a black rose off of one of the creeping vines and smiled as he gently tucked it into Krystal's hair, his head tilted a little. "beautiful." he murmured softly to her, well aware of how nervous she must be. this was a lot bigger than a high school talent show after all. "A Castle? no. Castles are cold and uncomfortable. you have a Mansion." he stated simply, Sol biting back the urge to laugh. "who wants to sleep in rooms made out of cold stone?" Roreck asked, completely uncaring that Sol was snickering at him. "a Mansion is much more comfortable... it's one of the few things Axel got right during his reign." Roreck stated simply. "you of course, have your pick of the rooms. though i would suggest the Master Suite. i have already purged every last trace of Axel out of there, so you don't have to worry about his germs." Roreck promised, Sol burying his face into Krystal's neck so he wouldn't burst into laughter. even as expressionless and emotionless as Roreck was, it was pretty obvious the man had hated Axel with a passion. Roreck was also very opinionated, which was what had Sol trying so very hard not to laugh.

"there is your home." Roreck stated as they reached the top of the hill. in front of them was the city, laid out like a postcard. hundreds, if not thousands of Demons where crawling all over the place. each one as strange as the last. some where walking about with humans on leashes, others had various animals. over there was a store that sold 'pets' and inside was a human male, who looked rather bored, a tiny dragon like creature, and a dog with three heads. no one paid any attention to them at all, especially as Roreck had paused, pulled a cloth out of his pocket, and tied it carefully around Krystal's 'tattoo' so that it was completely hidden from view. "we do not want anyone to know who you are, until we can find you loyal guards." Roreck explained calmly. "we do not want you to die too soon after all. i can't imagine what would happen if Malice took the throne." "what kind of name is Malice?" "...Axel named him." as if that explained everything... well, maybe it did. "aren't you in line for the throne?" "no. while my mother did marry the last King of Demons, i was not his by birth or by blood. unless Krystal, and Malice both die, and there are no illegitimate heirs running about, i will never be in line for the throne..." and for some reason, Sol thought that he heard just a touch of relief in Roreck's voice.

"now let us hurry to the Mansion." Roreck ordered as he led the way through the streets, heading for the massive black Manor on the hill. four floors tall, and almost fifty feet long, there was at least two hundred bedrooms alone. "as soon as we have everything settled. we will hold the Inauguration." "what needs to be settled?" Sol asked, reaching into his tiny bag and pulling out a small notebook and pencil. the bag was too small to have held either, let alone to have fit his hand in there. Space reconstruction was one of the few things that Sol was very good at. so while the bag was tiny, the space inside could have held an entire house. "first of all is dealing with the staff. she will personally pick a head maid, a head butler, a head chef, a head Gardner, a head treasurer, and of course pick a head for the Royal Guard and she must hand select at least five loyal personal Guards..." Soleiyu was writing everything down at a fast pace. "she has to set the taxes, look over the laws to see if there's anything she needs to change, hire a tutor, find advisers, decide upon the decal of the Manor, and then we worry about the party management of the inauguration... it is a massive party after all and every last Lord, Lady, and noble will be there. and if they are not invited they will throw a royal fit." here he actually, for a half a second... sounded annoyed. "it will be the biggest party of the Eon so of course everyone is going to be excited." Sol grimaced at the amount of work to be done and shoved his notebook back into the bag before sweeping Krystal up off her feet and onto his back, offering her a smile as he gave her a piggy back ride, his soft feathers practically cocooning her.

Back
Top Bottom