Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forest Love ( Fancy Brat x NightStalker73au)

Rex if he was called by anything which he had not been since a young pup at the wildlife reserve where he was born lived in the small forest towards the back of a village. Living as a wolf he fended for himself, his black coat kept him warm in winter and the small stream kept him cool in the summer. Blue eyes and a keen sense of smell also aided him but unfortunately during one morning it brought about his undoing. Several hunters had set traps and with the lure of food he had tried to snare a small piece of meat from it but only managed to get his paw stuck in it. Yelping loudly he limped away as fast as possible to hide back in his small cave home.

There was another presence in the forest as well, a young inhabitant on the nearby village. It was a beautiful young feline, covered head to toe in shiny ebony fur. She was currently wearing a white tanktop with a pair of beige shorts. Aria was an herbalist in the village, constantly gathering herbs in the forest for her remedies. While doing her usual round of the forest, she caught sight of the trap, bloodied a little, but the captive had gotten away it seemed. She noticed a trail of blood leaving it, hurriedly following it. Whoever it was had to be in a great deal of pain. In a matter of minutes, she had caught sight of the captive, a black wolf. The poor thing...the hunters were being so persistent around this time too. "Looks like you're in a bit of pain there." she said, slowly walking closer. "If you'll let me, I can tend to that wound."

Rex had tried not to attract attention to himself, his body underneath the fur was showing signs of the pain as was his breathing. His eyes glancing around and upwards as he tried to lick some of the blood off his paw, whimpering he showed his fangs and retreated back a little. He was so scared right now, no man before the hunters had caused harm but could he trust someone again.

It looked like persuasion wouldn't help her here. If that was the case, she would just have to bribe him somehow. "Come on now. I'm not going to hurt you." Besides, it was more likely that the wolf would do some damage instead of the other way around. She reached into her bag, fiddling around until she pulled out something: an apple. "Hey, you hungry or something? What about this?" It was all she had. She knew that he would have probably preferred some kind of meat, but she wasn't someone that would randomly be carrying around meat in her bag. She crouched low, offering it in her outstretched hand. She needed to show him that she wouldn't do anything.

Rex's eyes watched each and every movement she made closely, his nose twitching as he noticed the apple. As a puppy he had been given some as treats but had not tasted one in years. His tail wagged as he crawled on his belly a little closer to her, tongue flicking out and touching her hand that held the apple. Eyes glancing up to meet hers still showing pain but feeling a little safer. Still whimpering his paw was outstretched and trying to reach her.

Aria was glad to see that he was starting to come closer. He seemed to be warming up to her slowly, and she would need that if she was going to tend to that wound of his. She could see that he was very interested in the apple, continuing to hold it out to him. She giggled softly when he tongue darted over her hand. "Come on now. Let me see that paw of yours. I have something that'll fix that up." In her other hand, she tried to find one of the potions she had put together. She pulled it out, popping off the cork. It let out a pleasant scent, being that it was made up of all natural ingredients.

Rex was still being cautious as he felt her moving even closer, the lure of the apple was getting to him though as his paw stretched a little further. The blood oozing out as the scents from the small bottle hit his nostrils, eyes closed as he whimpered again. Teeth lightly touching her hand as he took the apple, head turning away from her for a few brief seconds.

She was glad that he was at least staying instead of running off. she allowed him to take the apple, watching him intently for a little while. "That's it. you just enjoy that for a bit." She was hoping that this would give her a chance to inspect the wound. She moved to another side of him, seeing the gashes around his paw, no doubt from the trap. "Hmm...excuse me a moment." It may have been a bit risky, but she had to do something about it. She replaced some of the solution in her hand, reaching out with the other to lightly take his paw in her hand. She wrapped her hand gently around his wound, and he would find it would only sting a little, the pain slowly dying. If he looked closely, the wound was already starting to slowly clot up.

Rex had almost completely forgotten about both her presence and his injured paw, the apple tasting sweet as he crunched it happily. His tail wagging happily until he felt her hand wrap loosely around his paw, the last of the apple dropped for a few seconds as he whimpered softly and howled loudly. Eyes turning to meet hers before glancing down at his paw, licking her hand as a sign of thanks before finishing off the apple. Moving a little closer he nuzzled against her hand feeling a lot better than earlier.

Aria was glad the apple had distracted him long enough to apply the potion. She tucked the potion away in her bag again. She had prepared herself in case his reaction wasn't that great, but thankfully he didn't struggle much or attack her. She chuckled softly as he licked her hand, and she reached out to pat him gently on the head. "Yeah, that wasn't that bad was it?" She let out a little sigh, still a little worried about the hunters that were seen in the area. Was there a chance he'd get caught in another? If he wasn't able to get out of it, there was no telling what they'd do to him. She grumbled softly to herself as she thought. "You really need to be more careful around these things. I can understand if you're hungry, but it's best not to."

Rex's ears pricked up high on his head as he listened to her words, his blue eyes looking around and slightly past her down towards the stream area. Nose twitched as did the hair on his back, nuzzling against her hand he whined softly before trying to ask about her place of residence and whether she had room for him.

Aria watched him as he brushed up against her hand. Perhaps he was understanding all she was saying, a little smile forming on her face. "Hmm? You know it too huh? These hunters have been so persistent lately. So how about this?" She patted his head gently as she spoke. "I have a home in the village nearby. I don't think it'll be too much trouble if you stay with me. You won't have to worry about food. I'll have some stuff for you to eat."

Rex was listening to her words and understanding them all, he knew that this area may not be safe for him anymore. The hunters would be looking for him even more now. Nuzzling against her hand he moved carefully to an almost fully standing position and licked her cheek telling her that he liked the idea and wanted to follow her there.

She was glad that he seemed to be understanding her words, and she stood up. "Well, that settles that. I suppose you're going to be living with me from now on. That should keep you from getting caught again." he said, starting to lead him back. She was planning to feed him again once she got back home. Plus, she had some other medicines and potions to fix up. Being the only one of her kind in the village, she had people paying for her remedies.

Rex's ears pricked at her voice, listening to her words as his head tilted slightly every now and then to glance up at her. His body moving slowly behind her, nuzzling against one of her legs as they got closer towards the town.

Back
Top Bottom