Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon Slayer's Princess (Javorcek X MissMelly)

William grasped her by the hand, lacing their fingers together when she said she could no longer hold back. A few more thrusts and he was there with her, moaning against her cherry lips as they came together. Not in rough, harsh jerks as they had been but with a tender undulating of sweat slickened bodies. He liked this…the intimacy of it, as though they were husband and wife rather than two people caught up in a whirlwind affair.

She rolled away from him and hid herself under the covers. He smiled gently at her and was content to lay above the sheets, letting his overheated body cool off. Part of him was worried: he didn’t like how she turned away from him so, as though she were ashamed. But once she collected herself and came back into his arms, he seemed a much happier man. The young knight chuckled, grinning and looking rather pleased with himself at her confession that she could no longer feel the lower half of her body. “I am sorry you cannot feel your legs. If you wish to go somewhere I will carry you wherever you would like to go.”

“Of course I will stay, anything my Princess wishes.” William smiled and kissed the top of her head. As gently as he could he took hold of the tiara, holding it as though he were afraid he would break it, and put it down on the night stand. There, much better. Now she was just his Lenia and not his Princess. As she began to kiss at his scars he tensed up. The feeling of soft lips pressed against flesh that had had the nerves severed felt very odd indeed. His scars were ugly, horrid looking things; every woman he had ever been with had avoided them as though afraid to touch them. And while he was not a vain man and wore his scars with pride around other knights…it was different in the presence of a lady. Lenia was so perfect; beautiful, smooth and soft all over while he was rough, scarred and battle worn like an old piece of armor. But after one or two kisses, the fear that she would recoil from him went away and he relaxed under Lenia’s affectionate ministrations.

He so desperately wanted to keep this woman that accepted the rougher side of him. To tell her to just run away with him; to confess that he loved her and didn’t want to spend anymore moments without her. Hold on a moment… she loved him as well? Lenia loved him!!!!! His heart jumped for joy and he was about to proclaim his own love for her when there was a banging at the door. The young knight’s entire body tensed and he sat up, making ready to sprint into the bathroom to hide, perhaps even dive out the window if he needed to! He didn’t want to be caught with Lenia, it would ruin her.

It would ruin her if she were found with an adulterous knight… The thought echoed in his mind and now his urge to proclaim his undying love for her came to a halt.

He -couldn’t- love her, -shouldn’t- love her to be more precise. She was not his to love. She belonged to Rickkard. Rickkard who was a horrid little man, who didn’t deserve her, who probably thought of her as a prize, a conquest, a possession. William looked at Lenia for a moment, thinking hard. If he told her he loved her in return, it would be that much harder to let her go. But he did love her! Truly he did. She was amazing: clever, beautiful, polite and passionate although she was a caged bird…she treated him as an equal even though he was but a mere knight. A knight who was not supposed to be afraid of anything… Would he want his last thoughts to be nothing but regret and shame for being too much of a coward to confess how he loved this woman?

And now she wanted to just say goodnight...

“Lenia…wait.” He whispered her name softly in their moonlit room and took her into his arms, wrapping her up in a warm embrace. He leaned down kissing her deeply, passionately, letting all the feelings he had been holding back spill out in their kiss. He wanted her, her and nobody else. When he pulled away, slightly breathless and more sure of himself, he lightly pressed his forehead to hers and looked into those honey-brown eyes.

“I love you too, Lenia.”

Pausing, she stiffened a moment, unsure of where this would go. He needed to leave... she had said too much. Half of her heart was proud, the other was frustrated. This would only stir the pot further. But how could one deny themselves of their own feelings, their emotions, their pleasures? It just wasn't possible; without such joys, one simply couldn't live a healthy life. "Yes?" She called back, barely audible and meant to turn fully, but found his arms tugging her nearer to him and his lips pressing firm against her own, feelings upon feelings sinking deep into their heated locked embrace.

When he pulled away, she was blushing pink in the cheeks, feeling the weight of his forehead against her own. Blinking quickly, she looked into his own eyes, confused. But that confused moment turned into one of pure joy and her heart lifted. She couldn't help it. She squealed in delight and wrapped her arms around his neck, nearly tackling him down to her bed, holding him to her, keeping her own body wrapped in the sheets to allow him some decency after their little love making. "Oh, Will... do you mean it... really? Truly? Because I do. I really, truly, do. With all my heart. You've touched me, inspired me. I want to be more than just a princess, better for you, even. As best as I can be. I promise. I'll work just as hard," she added, kissing his lips between each little phrase of her promises.

Their soft laughter and promises were cut short with the sound of greaves planking across the hallways as Lenia pressed a gentle finger to his lips below her and then glanced over her bare shoulder. They were listening, weren't they? William would have to leave now. She sat up, allowing him to change and giving him a moment as he slipped into his pants and began to lace his boots. She kissed the scars upon his upper back and then his shoulders, managing to sneak a few butterfly kisses behind his ears. When he went to stand, she took a hold of his hands, still not moving from her comfortable sitting position, wrapping modestly in the covers like some kind of angel. She gripped his hands tighter, a frown on her face.

"I wish you wouldn't leave," she added, leaning her chin up for him to kiss her goodnight. With the sweet promises of tomorrow, she trusted William's skills and stayed completely still and silent, blowing out her candles and flicking off any light switches to allow him quick, dark escape. When he was gone, she was grateful they hadn't really made a mess, and slipped back into the bed, enjoying the warmth. Her body missed him immediately, and for a moment, she wondered what would happen if she never saw William. What would she do? I'd search the world. And he'd do the same if he could. With hopeful thoughts, she closed her eyes and slipped into a peaceful slumber.

---

Mornings were usually a favorite part of Lenia's days in particular. She quite enjoyed the birds tapping along her window and the sun peeking it's rays to promise her the beginnings of a new day. And all seemed this way as it had for the past twenty some years of her life. She opened her eyes, blinking out the sleep and managed to sit up, stretching and rubbing the back of her head. A little stiff in the shoulders, nothing a hot bath couldn't fix. Swinging her legs over the bed, she was pleased to have rejuvenated some life back into them and stood, wrapping herself into her robe and into the attached personal bathroom.

Where was Becca? Normally the woman was very prompt. But truly, Lenia wasn't complaining about the reflecting time she was receiving. While the warm water was poured, she poured in a few oils and began to clean her body, slipping in nude, exhaling at the warm embrace. So very needed, indeed. She kept it a bit short, knowing that she couldn't avoid whatever awaited downstairs. Whether that was the aftermath of Rickkard's temper or Becca's many apologizes for being late, probably having a tumble with a man. She wouldn't blame her friend in the slightest.

Slipping out of now duller waters, the princess wrapped herself in the towel and hummed a little tune, drying herself first then her hair, applying her usual scents to her skin and combed her hair, picking out her lingerie for the day and her casual dress. It was a teal green dress that was easy to put on herself, buttoning in the front which seemed like a commoner dress if it hadn't been for the outlined hem made of lace and the button's rimmed with golden speckles. She looked for her tiara and found it on the nightstand, smiling and placed it upon her now dry curly locks.

So quiet...

Checking her usual lovely self in the mirror, she smoothed out the front of her dress and took great pause when she heard a sound she did not expect. It was not something the young woman was familiar with, but it was something she was warned of. It was the cry of a mature dragon. The loud cry was coming closer, as if it was already near the plaza and approaching the mayor's estate. Lenia, as any normal human being who was unaccustomed to situations such as this, panicked. What do I-- W-Will! I have to find William! Was her first thought of action above all else, not even Rickkard.

And then the floors beneath her began to rumble. She hurried from her room and immediately down the hallway, calling out for Rickkard to at first seem less obvious. But she found her voice was immediately drowned; the screams and the panicked rush was coming from downstairs. Lenia hurried to the top arch of the balcony and looked to the chaos of the people downstairs, below. She turned to the large window behind her to reveal no doubt, a red dragon approaching on fiery wings her way. Horrified, she ducked and the glass shattered around her. It was luck, it may have been courage for four guards to appear, shielding their bodies over their princess' grateful that their armor had just been shined and pressed to deflect the glass from coming to harm the princess' delicate skin. Now the dragon was in the estate.

"We must move the princess out!!" Cried one of the guards over the chaos that was down below as Lenia trembled in the other guard's embrace, hands over her ears which were still ringing from the once shattering glass over head. She cringed when the dragon seemed to cry out in pain as guards from both Lenia's keep and the local village and fathering kingdom were already the dragon, ready to kill. Lenia needed to find William.

"William!" She called out, spotting him amongst the chaos, below as the guards began to shuffle Lenia not downstairs but across the upper floors and down a different passage. "Release me!" She demanded, struggle against the captain of the guard who grabbed her and carried her bridal style, telling the princess this was for her protection from Lord Rickkard's orders. "He's already outside, waiting for you, mi'lady!"

"Stop, there are still people inside this mansion! Women, children possibly! The village! We must support them!"

"We're doing all we can mi'lady. Please understand your safety is our biggest priority."

She knew this but what of William. If this carriage was taking her back to Argis... she may very well never see William for a very, very, long time. Her heart sank and she continued to struggled, crying out something about needing to stay, begging to remain and that she would be fine and that her movements wouldn't alert the dragon. Once they moved down the spiral staircase and out the back doors the whole ground shook again to which Lenia had to grip her gaurd's arm, closing her eyes tight to keep tears from falling.

"Please, let me go back inside," Lenia begged as the captain forced her into the carriage where Rickkard was waiting, taking Lenia into his arms. Now, Lenia began to weep as Rickkard patted her head, promising that all would be well and how he would begin to 'take care of her' from her, forward. "But Lenia's tears weren't of fear for her own life, they were fear of William's. She watched in horror as fire burned a final time from the mayor's broken estate, but the sound of a dying dragon was clear as her carriage picked up speed, the four horses taking them down the road, far, far away and back, closer to Argis. The trip would be sweet and already Rickkard was writing of his 'courage' and 'bravery' as he saved the Princess Lenia from the very large beast on his parchment. Lenia was silent the entire ride there, the tears never ending and her forehead pressed to the glass. She touched her bare neck and then moved a hand to her heart and wept.

The three day trip would leave a happy Rickkard and solumn Lenia back in the grandiose city of Argis where the people greeted her with hopes and thankful prayers to which she had survived the dragon. She had made a speech reminding her people of the ones who actually 'fought the dragons' and how 'we should be honoring our dragon slayers, our guards, our knights' not those who observed and chose to save one life of many. Rickkard was furious that day. He hit her again, and Lenia grit her teeth and spat at his feet when he left her room. And when she cried into her pillow that night to just release her pain, she thought of William.

And time seemed to move along far too quickly. She stopped coming to the dinner table, she spent more time in her room and didn't attend her lessons. Life without her Knight was truly a miserable one. She missed him so. And with a whole week later, she even grew ill in missing his presence, growing depressed. She tried to find some life and beauty in her friends and family around her, but there was certainly something missing. She found herself on a cool evening lying in bed with a cool washcloth over her forehead, trying to get some rest after putting on a silk nightgown and muddling her way under the many layers of covers.

(OOC: If it's alright, I ask that he not come JUST YET or if there's a different kind of plot twist you'd like to add, feel free to add more time as needed or do as you need to!)

William couldn’t help but laugh as she flung her arms around him with such enthusiasm. He held her tightly to him, wishing that he didn’t have to go, that he could just stay here with her. “I mean it Lenia…I love you. I love you and I never want to be without you. You make me want a home and to actually be still for once.” For years, no one had been his keeper and he had been as free as a bird. Perhaps also as restless as a bird as well. But now he wanted to belong to someone; he wanted to belong to Lenia. She made him –want- something for himself…a family, children with his beloved Princess, a home.

He was brought out of his fantasy of their life together and froze at the soft sound of clanking armor right outside their door. They both knew he had to get out of here. It was only a matter of time before someone got suspicious or went to go check on him in his separate room. He began tugging on his clothes as quickly and quietly as he could. Though as he was getting dressed, all of Lenia’s gentle kisses were not helping his resolve to go. Those butterfly kisses at his ears made him grin like a fool and he had half a mind to stay if he could just get a couple more of them. But no…he needed to leave her, he’d see her soon, perhaps tomorrow after the conclusion of the Tournament..

“You will see me again tomorrow.” Yes…the mayor would probably serve them breakfast before William went away to the Tournament. He’d have plenty of time to sneak longing looks and perhaps even kisses with Lenia in the morning. So he kissed her one more time, bade her goodnight and sweet dreams, then snuck off into his own room with no one being the wiser.

------

William was roused out of his deep sleep when he heard an earsplitting sound that was between a shriek and a roar. He knew that sound! He knew that horrid beating of wings which was followed by the sounds of terrified civilians. His heart immediately began to pound and he rushed to get on his boots, jerkin and sword. He needed to find Lenia…needed to make sure he was safe before he helped the other knights slay the dragon. William burst out of his room, sword drawn, eyes wild. Everyone was running, panic and hysteria had already set in to all of the nobles, servants, and guards of the estate.

He rushed out into one of the passageways, dark eyes frantically searching for his lover. She couldn’t still possibly be in her room, could she? Maybe she was already outside… He spun about as he heard Lenia’s voice call out to him. She was with her guards, an entire floor away from him and growing even further away as they retreated down the passageway! He moved to chase after her but the scream of civilians made him stop in his tracks. Caught between his love for her and his duty as a knight, William struggled with his choices, not knowing which way to turn. He had a duty to these people as a knight…but he had a duty to Lenia as a man.

She is safe… Protect those who cannot protect themselves.

That settled it. Lenia would be fine. These people would not.

Bidding her a silent farewell and safe journey, he rushed up to the topmost floor as the massive dragon began clambering through the estate. No doubt it was looking for something shiny to bring back to it’s lair. Dragons were such odd beasts, creating nests out of armory and treasure; sometimes making whole nests out of gold and jewels. As William rushed into the open air, he finally saw the beast. The poor man gulped. It was –massive-, easily twice as large as any dragon he had faced before. With a wingspan that could very well block out the sun, it was of little wonder that the creature was giving the guards and knights so much trouble.

William suddenly felt very, very naked without his armor or his broadsword.

The dragon thrashed about the estate, only growing more infuriated as archers flung their arrows at it’s head. The creature’s massive tail and giant claws wreaked havoc with platoons of guards that tried to get at it’s softer underbelly; knocking grown men away as if they were rag dolls. Left with only his one handed sword, William waved the blade around, trying to make it glitter and shine light into the dragon’s eyes. To an outsider it may have looked like William had a plan…but the young knight didn’t have the slightest idea of what the hell he was doing! He just…did things, oftentimes without thinking about the consequences. He just did his job, he followed his code, he followed his instincts, that was that. And right now his instincts were telling him that if he could just get atop that thing, maybe he could do what the archers and knights on foot could not.

The beast seemed distracted from it’s destruction for a moment, now suddenly very interested in the gleaming piece of metal that would look so nice in it’s lair. As the dragon neared him to grab his sword, William ran forward jumped up onto it’s long snout, clambering up it’s head and trying his best to keep his footing true as the creature tried to shake him off as though William were nothing but an irritating flea. He began whacking away at it with his blade, which only seemed to get the animal more irritated. It’s red scales were so heavily armored that his sword didn’t even draw blood.

Gah! He hated this beast! Hated it for ruining his morning that should have included a pleasant, quiet breakfast with his beloved. He glared the horrid dragon right in it’s obnoxious yellow eye. It’s eye… Surely no creature could withstand a strike to the eye! With his new, half thought out plan, William rammed the entire length of his sword straight into the beast’s eye, forcing the blade in all the way to the hilt.

The monstrous beast roared and flailed at being struck in the eye. William was thrown off it’s head and was now dangling by his sword. He willed the beast to move closer to the building so that he could jump down to safety. But the damned animal just began to blindly swing him around even more. It was hurting itself with every thrash of it’s neck, the weight of William being flung around caused the sword to jiggle and twist in the dragon’s eye. The creature roared louder in pain and was now obviously panicking.

As blood spurted out from the massive yellow orb, the red liquid’s corrosive nature made William cry out as it got onto his unarmored hand. It burned, far worse than fire. It felt like every nerve in his body was bursting into flames. He roared almost as loud as the dragon, the pain so great that he lost his grip on his sword. He let go, arms and legs flailing in order to find purchase but there was nothing for him to grab on to. A sliver of fear chilled his heart at the realization that he was going to die. Falling from three stories high takes a long time…long enough for him to regret that he didn’t get a chance to kiss Lenia this morning.

Well…at least you told her you loved her.

That single thought made him smile before he collided with the ground, his entire world going black.

-------

It took a whole week before William was in stable enough condition to be moved from the hospital in Dunstable. The dragon’s blood had infected his own so badly that even if they had cut off his arm, it would do him no good. He had survived his injuries from the fall: broken ribs, a massive concussion, a broken forearm and a broken leg. All those injuries appeared as though they would heal. But the infection of his blood was now giving the knight a horrible fever and he would cry out like a madman for the few moments that he was ever awake. His Squire stayed by his side every moment and refused visitors for William, knowing that his Master would not want anyone other than a doctor to see him in this condition.

So impressed with the young knight that had saved his city, the mayor of Dunstable had William placed in his own private carriage and sent the young man, the boy, and one of his best doctors away to Argis. Surely someone in a more spectacular kingdom would know what to do with a man infected with dragon’s blood.

Two more weeks on Lenia end and while Rickkard cooed over her, petting her head while she rested in bed over feeling ill, once he left, she sat up, hurried to the bathroom and threw up the dinner chunks that he attempted the make. Awful stuff! Thank God she had the ability to choke it back up. Coughing, she scrubbed at her pearly teeth and cleaned and cleaned her body and face, trying to unmatch the fear and calm herself and her body. It was tough being ill, and no doubt without her lover here it was making it worse. But a certain fear was creeping in the back of her head that indicated something else. She would deal with such later. If anything, she had already planned for this. Lenia was a clever girl.

Three days before, they had a welcoming/returning party for the couple. Rickkard got drink -- wildly -- not an uncommon trait of his, and stumbled upstairs to his bedroom alone. Instead of women following him, Lenia did and quickly shuffled him out of his clothes, talking dirty to him and promising him that she was all his. "Take this," she cooed and slipped him a sleeping pill, allowing him a generous view of her bare breasts to indicate that they had commited a sexual act before he passed out. Sighing, she buttoned her dresses back up and tucked his naked self back under the covers. When he woke the next morning, she had grugingly laid down in bed beside him with only his tshirt on. Just the sight of her seemed to arouse him and he only fondled her, thankfully, leaving it at that.

She was glad to have only been take by one man. And if that was the case, then... looking down a moment, she blinked hard and paused in great thought. "Princess!" A voice called causing the young woman to jump and hurry to the door seeing Becca there, smiling and coming in with some herbal tea which Lenia so enjoyed and so very needed. "Ah, thank you. Come sit with me." Lenia inquired and her maid and lady in waiting obliged, setting the tea and handing Lenia her cup. As Lenia took her sup, she exhaled gratefully, already feeling her stomach settle and her forehead cool.

"Did you hear about the Knight with dragon's blood come to Argis this morning?"

"What?"

"There was a knight back in Dunstable, where we were staying. He's said to be infected with dragon's blood and they're trying to find him someone to conjure up a cure. Personally no phsyically will do it. That's magic you're dabbling with and it won't come cheap." Lenia immediately stood after three more sips, rummaging through her drawer. Becca put down her cup. "Princess, what's going on. We've known eachother since birth and you've never hid anything from me! Is it Rickkard. Does he still hit you, mi'lady?"

Lenia felt her eyes soften to her friend. She couldn't keep the secret from someone who would give her life to protect her. If Charles knew, then Becca would also know. It would be good to have some kind of security, just in case. So Lenia told her friend everything. Becca was understanding but also gently reminded Lenia of her place as a future queen to which Lenia assured her that she would put her people above all else. She knew her duty and knew it came first. With Becca's silent word, she left her friend with the promise of 'Princess taking her horseback riding lessons in town' and the princess was off, tiara upon her head and cloak arund her shoulders. What was nice about Argis was that she could go about as Princess and not too many people would fawn her or treat her too differently. Again, Argis was such a wealthy and upstanding city, Lenia tried to blend with her people to which they appreciated, even the middle class.

Where would he be... she figured the nearest inn and spotted William's horse in the stables, knowing Charlie would also be there. Entering the inn and waving the barkeeper, she spotted Charles sitting at the bar. His face turned red when Lenia ran up and hugged him, his face - of course - hitting her perfect bosom that tended to peak out from her beautifully hemmed gown.

"P-Princess!"

"It's alright, Charlie. Where is William? It's the dragon's blood isn't it? We need to take him to Myrtle. She's a witch-doctor. She's the best we have we specialitzes in dragon and beast blood. She can fix this and I have the gold to do so." It seemed Dunstable had provided Wiliam with a carriage and a few gaurds to help move William too and fro as Lenia watched, cringing, seeing him in pain like that, though thankfully he would be at ease soon enough. Would he even recognize her? She reamined quiet and very much at a distance as they moved him. She feared it would disturb him further if he saw her in his state, so she sat at the front of the carriage while Charles occupied William's thoughts, hopefully soothing them, maybe with her.

"You'll take the path into the woods and turn three times at the fork. A lark will sit on the tallest branch." She instructed the Dunstable guard who nodded to his future queen and clicked his tongue the horses on their way, including William's. The instructions given made record time for Lenia since she always visited the crazed Mrytle who loved Lenia dearly like a crazed old grandmother. In truth, she was Lenia's aunt on her mother's side, but her family shunned her for studying in the dark arts, though her magic always proved affective. Only Lenia as a royal showed Mrytle any form of love and gold.

Mrytle seemed to predict her arrival, waiting at the front door. She had similar honey-brown eyes, wild black hair and a long slender nose. She was a little plump but still a beauty much like the line of Lenia's family. "Auntie," Lenia called as Myrtle opened her arms, the two embracing. Lenia pulled back gently and stared up, pulling out a hefty bag of gold. "Please, I have a dear, dear friend who's been infected with dragon's blood. He's a brave Knight who's done more for me than any man. Can you help him?"

"Dragon's blood in the human body, eh? Well my dear, bring him in and only you come in. I need everyone else out. My little hut can only handle so much."

"Of course, auntie."

She asked Charles if he minded waiting with the carriage, apologizing and promising him a big dinner with her sometime, thanking him for his patience. As they moved William onto the patient's bed, he seemed asleep for the most part. Mrytle could already tell; she was exmaining him, noticing the blue and red veins sticking out from his strong arms, his neck and his eyes. It was consuming him. "Oh dear," she called and and scratched her chin a moment, turning to a cabanet coated with potions.

"Well little Lenia, this friend of yours has a strong heart. It seems he's struggled with this for a while. Anyone else and he'd be dead within a day. But why does this man hold on, I wonderful? There is only one way I can attempt to save him now. And that is to merge the dragon's blood to coexist with his own. As long as he continues this strong willpower of his, he can overcome and match it's strength."

"What will that do to him?"

"I have only seen this once in one other individual. Once a man has dragon's blood coursing within their body, blood, veins, they have exceptional strength, speed, endurance, sometimes to point where it's hard to control until mastered. Their rage is something not to be tampered with, much like a dragon's itself. And... they have the ability to not slay a dragon, but to tame it. A dragon could bend it's knee to a dragon lord such as this man could become."

Lenia took a big breath. She couldn't choose such a life for William, but wasn't it better than having him suffer in pain. Was it wrong of her to decide. She would have to explain, and she knew, she knew in her heart he would overcome the this trial and merge with this trength and learn to control it over time. She would help him as best as she could. And perhaps instead of slaying dragons, he coudl control them, he could create a new peace with dragons this country had ever seen. He would be a legend, a hero, and Lenia would be so proud of him, so inpsired as she always had been. He would be no greater than the William of Berges she knew today, because... he was still her Will. Tears blinked in her eyes, dropping onto his face. It seemed to stirr him. Gasping, she quickly rubbed them from his cheeks, apologizing in a whisper. Mrytle, four steps ahead of the game, probably could read Lenia like a book and could understand her love and dedication to William.

William stirred.

"William?" Lenia whispered softly, nodding her head to Myrtle as she began to prepare the potion that he would drink. "William, it's me, Lenia. You're safe... you're at the witch-doctor's. No phsyician could help you, not for this condition. Mrytle is my aunt, and I trust her, we've used her in Argis many a times for cases like this. I'm here, William. You're going to be alright. This potion is going to help you feel better but... it's going to change you, William. It's the only way we can save you. Please, you must be strong. I'll hold your hand. I'll stay with you," tears dotted her eyes, and he would notice the bruise upon her upper cheekbone, slightly covered up by some makeup that Rickkard had given her last night, still hitting her when she disobeyed. "Please, William..."

William was in a dazed stupor for most of the agonizingly long carriage ride. His cries of anguish startled the guards so badly that the other men had begged the doctor to keep him sedated. So the young knight had been quiet, for the most part. But of course, towards the last leg of the trip, the doctor ran out of drugs to keep help asleep. William would cry out in the middle of the night, confused, and quickly becoming a danger to himself and others despite his injuries. If Charles wasn’t there things probably would have been much worse. But the young Squire managed to keep his Master from getting up and trying to hurt anyone, much to the appreciation of the guards and doctor.

“Charles…?” William gasped as he woke up in the middle of the night during their carriage ride, panicking because he could not take any deep breaths; his lungs ached and his ribs were shattered and all he wanted was some sweet air. The panic caused him to hyperventilate, which in turn made him panic even more since now he could no longer control his own breathing.

“Please…be a good lad…kill me…I can’t…no more…please…make it stop....” To say this all hurt was an understatement. It felt as though his insides were melting, as if every bone in his body was broken. His brain ached to break free from his skull, it was in so much pain. His skin was ice to the touch, covered in a sheen of cold sweat. His face was looking rather pale and gaunt…he couldn’t eat. Though perhaps that was just the last thing he had control of anymore, and so he -wouldn’t- eat…just to have some semblance of authority over his failing body. “Please…Charles…kill me...”

“S-sir…you don’t mean that! It’s just the fever talking sir, you’re delirious.” Charles had seen men dying on the battlefield once before. How they begged for their mothers or begged for the angel of death to come take them away. He had seen the weight and sorrow of other knights that had to slay their own comrades, praying for God to forgive them for what they had to do. He couldn’t do that to anyone, especially not to William who had shown him such kindness. But it broke his little heart to see his Master like this.

“KILL ME!” William roared, half sobbing and muttering his pleas for death several times over. It was too much. He couldn’t possibly carry on like this any longer. Why was he holding on? He couldn’t remember anymore…

“I c-can’t Sir…you’re my friend…and if-if-if the Princess found out…” He didn’t know which was scarier, William begging for his life to be ended or the wrath that would surely come from Lenia if Charles yielded to his Master’s request. “Just sleep Sir…you have to get better so you can see her. We’ll be in Argis tomorrow and find you a healer. Then you can go see her. Please Sir…just go to sleep, everything will be alright.” Tears welled up in Charles’ eyes and he looked down, trying to hide his fear and be brave just as William was always telling him to be.

“Do not…let her see me like this…please…” William croaked out, but seemed to calm down a little bit. Thoughts of being reunited with Lenia as a much healthier man filled his head and he finally fell back asleep, much to Charles’ relief.

----

William awoke to find himself being moved around in a carriage again. How many days had he been like this? He could no longer remember a time when pain didn’t blaze hot trails of fire in his veins.

Forest…it smelled like a forest…were they in Berges? Was he being sent home to be buried? Did his adopted father the Knight Commander wish to pray for him before he ended his life since Charles could not? He couldn’t remember much of anything anymore. He had thought they were going to Argis, but this didn’t smell like a city. Raining…he could feel the rain drops on his face….it always rained back home. But he wasn’t laying in a grassy field in Berges…he was laying on a bed. A rather uncomfortable bed at that. His eyes slowly opened and he blinked away the glazed overness of his eyes. When they focused he saw a very familiar face looking down at him that made a smile tug at his lips.

“Lenia…?” William croaked. “You shouldn’t…you shouldn’t be here…” Where was here anyways? He looked around a little bit, finding himself in a tiny little hut. As glad as he was to see her, he knew that he must have looked like quite a sight. He was pale, his black beard and short hair were wild and needed to be trimmed, his eyes had bags under them. But his Lenia looked like quite a sight as well. He saw the bruise on her beautiful face and his brow furrowed in anger. He was going to kill Rickkard! String him up between four horses and have him drawn and quartered! He moved to get up. Delirious enough that he was about to go grab his sword, get on his horse and go chasing after Rickkard in his condition, but Lenia gently pushed him back down onto the bed.

“Alrght…Alright…” He sighed and took light hold of her hand. “I’ll take the potion…” Anything had to be better than this. With a little help from his beloved to tilt his head up, the old witch-doctor poured the potion down his throat. He made a face after swallowing it, it was probably the most foul thing he had ever tasted. It tasted like the way his socks smelled after traveling for a week…if those socks had been left somewhere to ferment for about a month under the hot sun. “Water…” he murmured when the taste didn’t go away, though as soon as he made the request his entire body convulsed and he cried out.

“AARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!” William howled like an animal being beaten. His back arched up like a bow and he pounded on the table with his free hand, tears welling up in his eyes and dripping down his temples. Every fiber of his being was fighting with the dragon’s blood in earnest now, trying to slay it in is veins rather than let it coexist inside of him any longer.

“Please…” He whimpered his plea, begging for what he didn’t even know. To die? For Lenia to leave and not see him like this? For this pain to just stop so he could just enjoy a moment with his beloved?

“You must relax Sir Knight…you do not have to fight any longer.” The old woman put a cool hand over his brow to help keep him still.

Relaxing was easier said than done. Everything in William wanted to strike out against the other being’s blood in his veins. He willed his muscles to relax, forcing his body to lay back down onto the bed. He laced his fingers with Lenia’s and when she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze, it relieved some of he tenseness in his body. He took a couple of deep breaths, but began to panic as darkness started to take over the corners of his eyes.

“Lenia!?!” He cried out, confused about what was happening to him. Was it supposed to feel like this? Like he was being forced to bend to a will that was not quite his own? To bend…to accommodate, but not to break. His eyes were locked on hers, dark and wild, looking but not quite seeing. Soon enough he didn’t have to worry about what was happening any longer as darkness overtook over his vision and he blacked out. His body lay limp on the bed but his heart was pounding his breathing was quick. Alive…still alive, but so very tired. After a few sharp breaths, his breathing slowed down, becoming slow and deep as though he were just asleep.

And he did indeed sleep, though his dreams were haunted by glowing yellow eyes and the sounds of a half shriek, half roar of a dragon.

Glad he would accept the potion, or at least hearing his verbal confirmation, she kissed his forehead gently, promising she'd be at his side for as long as she could. When Myrtle brought the potion to his lips, she waited patiently, holding her breath. Nothing at first. Lenia released her pent up hold and was about to release his hand to reach for some fresh water from the well if not or his sudden pulsed scream. "Will!" She gripped his hand, ignoring the ringing in her ears from his cries and tried to push him back down gently, as best as she could with his strength versus her own.

It tore her to pieces seeing him like this as she desperately searched for Myrtle's advice. The older woman just continued to ask of William's patience and his senses to relax. It sounded far easier and his soft 'please' tugged at Lenia's heartstrings. She leaned inward and squeezed his hand, telling him that she was here with him. "I'm right here," she beckoned once, then twice when he called out or her, frightened of something, some kind of darkness that was sweeping over him. Her eyes darted to Myrtle to which the older woman nodded. Lenia kissed his brow. "I won't leave you, I promise," she added in her own desperation, her fiery promises to him the only thing she could give him as his mind slipped into unconsciousness.

As his breathing slowed, so did her own and eventually all was calm and quiet. The veins once bright in his body had calmed. Through Myrtle's hopeful gaze, it had seemed to work. "You must keep him here, just to make sure. He could be unstable and you don't want that wrecking upon Argis."

"He isn't a monster, auntie,"

"He could be. We don't know that just yet."

Lenia touched his clammy face and began to wipe it with a cool washcloth and took the liberty of cleaning his face and even his hair throughout the entire day. She allowed Charles in with Myrtle's blessing as they changed his clothing into something more comfortable for the Knight. Lenia pressed her lips gently to William's, not caring about Myrtle's reaction if she had any. Myrtle would probably approve of Lenia's spontaneous love affair and her free spirit which she probably inherited from the old witch herself. "I'll cook us up something nice. You there boy-- go out and grab me some firewood. Might as well take these out to the horses. You can send the gaurds and the carriage back to Dunstable."

"But ma'am--"

"Don't worry young man. You may remain here with your Knight in my hut. I have a spare room. Be it small, my little room is quite cozy and warm."

Charles thanked her in double time and nodded firmly to Lenia, hurrying outside to send word to the guards of this new plan of action. Lenia tahnked her aunt once more, even after the good money had been placed upon her kitchen table. Myrtle waved a crinkled hand and shrugged. "Potions are easier to make than one can think. It's all a matter of patience and a lot of reading. Not too many people have such attributes in the world."

"I would have loved to, auntie."

"And you would have made a fine, fine, witch, Lenia."

The princess laughed softly and tapped at her tiara, just wondering what her mother and father were thinking. She turned back to William and knelt down, explaining her story to Myrtle who seemed interested, brewing the princess a spot of tea. "He's so good to me, he really is. I know he can overcome this. And I won't let him do it alone."

--

The days had gone by so slowly. Myrtle had watched over William and took care of Charles as the young squire did the handiwork for the house. Lenia visited whenever she possibly could in hopes that William would be alright. At one point, Lenia shyly asked Myrtle for a more private request that she knew her aunt would know about. Lenia was not as worldy as she had hoped to be and not as... physically inclined as she had hoped to be. Shyly, she lifted her skirts for her aunt, sitting down.

--

The night before his awakening, she found herself cuddled into his arms after she and Charles had groomed and bathed him. His usual scent had returned which was a promising sign, but there was another, interesting sort of smell. She couldn't put her finger on it, and didn't quite know if it rang out 'dragon lord' but she wouldn't complain. Slowly but surely, he was returning.

That night, Myrtle gently tugged at Lenia's shoulders, telling her that Rickkard was out looking for her. "Mm, right. Thank you," the young princess sat up and quickly rubbed her pretty face, stretched and looked back down at William, wondering if he'd be able to recognize the moments of warmth where she was in his arms. "I love you," she whispered- she always did- before she left, and kissed him very lightly, praying that one of those kisses would wake him. Idly, she looked around the room a moment, grateful for her aunt's services once more before slipping on her cloak and taking her launtern provided by Charles and pecked his cheek in thanks. Charles still couldn't get over his damned redden cheeks. He didn't think he ever would.

"Be safe, mi'lady,"

"Of course, Charlie."

Lenia waved to the hut behind her, knowing that Myrtle would send a raven with word if anything would happen with William. Lantern in hand, she hurried through the usual path of the forest, hearing voices up ahead. Rickkard, of course. But... other voices that did not sound like the typical guard. In fact, they sounded very hostile. Lenia quickly positioned herself behind the bushes and kissed her light goodbye by blowing it's light out. Upon hearig the noises closer, it sounded like bandits and Rickkard, her Prince Charming, in trouble. Rolling her eyes, she counted the coin on her, hoping it would be enough.

"Hey!" One of them called, spotting her smoke from the blown out candle as she rose, hands up, stepping out. They didn't expect to see the beautiful little red riding hood. Lowering her hood, she showed the three men her hand full of gold coins. "Is this what you want, gentlemen? I'd kindly ask that you leave us alone then, please." The bandits deliberated a moment then approached her, grasped at the gold coins causing her to flinch a moment, and then hurried off. The third man, once had a sword pointed to Rickkard's button nose, had fled as well into the wooded area. "Rickkard, are you hurt?"

It seemed the only thing hurt was his pride as she hurried over, leaning down to help him. He smacked her hand away, causing her to cry out, holding her wrist in pain. Glaring up at him as he rose, she looked down immediately, trying not to make a big fuss over it. The last time she did, earned a mark across her face. "I'm fine, fine, fine, fine! I was nearly killed and you decided to play it coy and slick! You should have called the guard!"

"We're in the middle of the forest, Rickkard. And because of that, we're now lost, dark and alone in the forest. I saved your life."

"You're a woman, not a warrior."

"Who says I cannot be both?!"

Smack! Another one, right over the one from before caused a tiny dribble of blood to mare her lovely face. And for the first time. Lenia just didn't give a fuck. She raised the lantern and bashed her perfectly snobbish husband's face with it, causing him to twirl like a broken ballerina, to the floor. In shock of what she had just done too, she dropped the lantern, causing it to crash to the ground. Horrified, she whimpered and tried to reach for the last bit of something to feel for, to guide her. It was nearly pitch black. The only thing she could hear was the cooling river. "R-Rickkard? Rickkard, wake up!" She hissed, trying to shake him. Biting her lip, she looked around, covering her face with her hands. That's what she gets for bravery! Now she was a little lost princess in the wood. "Will..."

When the warmth at his side finally let him. William began to stir. He had been having such a lovely dream that Lenia was beside him…that they were in a nice warm bed together and she had told him that she loved him. Unfortunately when he awoke, he was alone, in a strange place, and the floor may have been a better place to lay than the bed. “Charles?” William called out into the darkness, reaching around for his sword. No sword? Where was his dagger…he reached under the pillow, nothing was there either. He patted himself down only to find not a shred of metal on him, instead he was in linen pants and a simple shirt. No weapons or armor near him?! Soon enough heard a nearby door open and close, Charles coming out in his pajamas and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“Oh good Sir! You’re awake. I’m sure the Princess will be sad she had to leave so soon. She was just here. Though she’ll surely be back again tomorrow.” Charles yawned a bit, it was late. It must’ve been well past midnight. “I’m sure she would have walked back to the castle by now, too late to catch her.”

“Why didn’t you give her one of the horses!?” William barked, louder than he meant to…more irritated than he had meant to too. He could feel his jaw set, his pulse quicken. What should have come out as a simple question was now escalating into something more violent. His hands balled into fists, the muscles in his arms flexed. How could Charles let her run around the forest on foot?! Without escorting her himself?! How was this fool of a boy ever supposed to amount to anything if he did such idiotic, weak minded, childish…

Why are you so angry?

“I…she…always walks Sir.” Charles was starting to look nervous. He didn’t miss the balled up fists or the way William’s veins popped from his muscles with the strain to keep his anger in check. Myrtle had warned him and Lenia that this might happen but William looked to be more and more confused as he fought with himself and suppressed the urge to knock Charles clear across the room. So Charles told him everything, how he had been infected by the dragon’s blood, how they had come to Argis and Lenia had taken them all to her aunt Myrtle, the witch-doctor. And of course how the dragon blood now ran through his veins, which would surely make him stronger, faster and unfortunately more angry.

“I need…I need some air.” William said after it all sank in. This was the price he had to pay for his life? To struggle to control a rage that was not his own? It felt hot in here…far too hot. He tossed the covers off of him and moved to get off of the table. But his legs that had not been used in weeks gave out and he collapsed into a heap on the floor.

“Sir!” Charles rushed over to him to try to help him back into bed. “Sir…you’ve been unconscious for days and unable to move for almost an entire month. You must rest Sir.”

“A month?!” William gaped up at his Squire. He knew that he had been in and out of it…but he felt as though perhaps only a week had passed. An entire month?! He had never laid down for more than a few hours at a time, let alone a month. Ever the stubborn one, William refused sit still and relax. He wanted to see Lenia. He wanted to make sure she was alright and show her that he was alive. And then the last time he had saw her flashed into his mind, her smiling face and those kind honey-brown eyes. And…that –bruise-…when had he seen that bruise on her face? Had it been weeks ago? Days? He was going to kill Rickkard! Tie him to a tree and bleed him so that the animals of the forest would eat him while he was still alive!

You are not a man that murders the weak or tortures civilians.

“I need to…I need to leave…” William was beginning to look terrified at his own frighteningly violent thoughts. He couldn’t be around people right now. Mrytle coming to check on the commotion of the small hut was now making him feel like the room was getting much, much smaller…like he was trapped in a cage. And so he scrambled to his feet, lurching about on unsteady legs until he finally seemed to get the hang of walking once more. Charles tried to hold him back but William easily broke away from the boy, ignoring Myrtle’s shouts and protests that he must stay here otherwise she’d turn him into a frog. The young knight fled the small hut and ran…just ran. What surprised him most was that he could see in moonless darkness and his bare feet were sure of their step.

His legs took him faster than he could ever remember them going in his entire life. He knew one of them had been broken…he remembered the binding. Had it really healed so quickly? William just kept running until the sound of rushing water hit his ears. A river? Perhaps a bath in the cold water would be good for him…maybe some more exercise and fresh water would help carry this anger away. So he slowed down from his breakneck run and began to walk towards the water. Though after a few minutes he could have sworn he heard something whimpering in the woods. A wounded animal? He stopped, holding perfectly still, his ears straining to pick out the sound. Not a wounded animal…someone crying! A –woman- crying!

William headed over towards the noise, cautious as ever since he had no blade. But when he saw that it was a woman in a red cloak he immediately knew it was his Lenia. He rushed over to her, taking her into his arms and hugging her to him. Though when she cried out as if in pain he immediately let her go. He hadn’t hugged her that hard in his enthusiasm had he?

His strength…hadn’t the witch told him something about his strength increasing?

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to. You know I would never…” William looked at her, terror in his dark eyes. He had hurt her…he knew he had. What good was being alive if he could never again touch the one woman he craved the most? He was dangerous…too strong…too angry…how could he ever hope to tame this new creature that he was? “I’m sorry…” He started again, backing away from her as though afraid to trust himself around his delicate beloved, looking as though he wanted to flee. But she was here in the forest alone. Why the hell was she here alone?

“Lenia…what happened?”

This was just great. No doubt Rickkard would yell at her ten times louder once she somehow managed to return back to the castle. That is, if she returned back the castle. The just the thought made her cry harder, hoping something much friendlier than a killer bear would hear her. Weren't you suppose to stay in one place if you were lost? Maybe Rickkard would come too, bloody broken nose and all...

A rustle around the river and Lenia's head shot up, terrified. Eyes wide with fear, she scrambled to her feet and wrapped her arms around herself, darting her head left to right. A killer bear, great! Praying this wouldn't be her last moment on Earth, she squeezed her eyes shut and prayed.

Ask you shall receive! Low and behold the force that came at her was as strong as a killer bear, but was no bear but a man. "W-Will! Ah, s-stop!" She cried out, an unsual pain springing up from her shoulders and back, his arms nearly crushing her and a pain sprang from her hips, immediately concerning her. She backed away from him as he did too. Turning away from him, she touched her arms, shoulders, belly and hips quickly to make sure she was all together and nothing was hurting. Turning back to Will, hearing him apologize and seem just as confused, she ignored the fading pain in her arms. "No, no, it's alright... it just stung a moment. I'm all better now." She added, her hands up to prove there were no marks or anything of that sort.

He seemed frightened and she didn't want it to be that way. Moving toward him, she ached to be back into his arms and amongst other places, but right now there was a situation at hand and many more obstacles to overcome. When he asked what happened, she approached him, politely asking him not to move. "Can you see any better than I can, William?" Coming near him, feeling his warm breath against her skin, she reached out, touching his hand, taking it within her own. That felt so nice... Closing her eyes a moment, her thoughts wondered before returning to the now. "If I would have known you'd awaken just a litte later, I would have stayed. But Rickkard, ah, he's on the ground, was looking for me and I sort of panicked. I had to run back out here and meet him before he got too suspecious. He's... on the ground here. As well as my lantern."

Lenia chewed on her lip, being careful with her words here. "He hit me." She could feel his entire body tense within just her hand's reach. It was probably the most terrifying thing she felt, so she recovered quickly: "So I hit him back! Right smack across the face... with... ah... my lantern. Probably not the smartest of ideas I've come up with, but it seemed to get that job done at least." Shyly shrugging, she inched closer to him and whispered something about trying it again, folding herself back into his arms. She wrapped herself nearest him, understanding how he may not have wanted to hold her back in fear of this new strength. But Lenia was all about taken chances. She had missed him. Tears formed in her eyes. She wanted to go home, but she so wished she had a place they could call home.

"There's so much to tell you.. so much, William. I fear you may never forgive me for it. I--"

It was the light from behind William that alerted her and caused her to raise her hood. Looking up at Wiliam, she begged him to return to Myrtle's hut. "You're safe and hidden there. Please, go back. I shall try to find a way back to you as soon as I can. As soon as I'm not under watch. Don't come looking for me." Releasing him, she turned back to Rickkard and pretended to mend his head and nose with her cloak, whipping it from her shoulders and around his petty face. "Over here!" She cried to the light which now resembled a few lanterns. Her father must have sent out a search for her. Grateful for this, she explained the banit situation and how Rickkard had tried to fend all 'forty' of them off, but the last few got many hits. They seemed content with it as Lenia seemed eager to just go home. By the look of her cold, trembling face, their princess surely had a long evening.

Lenia turned to the blacken wood, hoping that William would be safe and praying he wouldn't be too stubborn. Hopefully not stubborn enough to come to her. He wouldn't... would he? She'd keep her balcony window/doors open just in case. But it was foolish to commit to the thought entirely. He needed to rest his strength. And with that, the royals returned to their safe castle where Lenia was scolded for being out late and Rickkard rewarded with more stitching.

--

In the morning, Lenia changed into a light blue gown that was most comfortable and thanked Becca for the warm bath and helping her with her morning routines. "Going into town so early, ma'am?" Lenia nodded, fixing her hair into two long braids as she made her way downstairs, Becca chasing after her with her tiara. Lenia passed on breakfast, her family already familiar to where she was headed. Freedom at last, too! It was a place Lenia enjoyed and would give her time to be away from the royals and Rickkard's soon wrath. Her cheek was looking a little better, too, thank goodness. She was escorted into the market plaza where they were feeding the poor and needy on Sunday near the Church. The young princess liked to be involved and so volunteered herself every other Sunday.

She waved to a few women passing and put on an apron, one of the women tying it for her. "It's good to see you back in Argis, Princess. And you're feeling better, I take it?"

"Yes, slowly but surely."

"That is good! It is bad luck for a bride to be unwell on her wedding day. Just a few more days, yes?"

"That's right..." Lenia replied through gritted teeth and a big smile, quickly taking her place behind the trays and pots and pans. She immediately began to help with the line up, hating to see the many people who traveled a distance to Argis just to be feed such as this. Often Lenia would step from behidn the line and personally greet them, giving a spare coin she always carried, or two. Her eyes scanned the busy market and she was grateful for the slightly cooler autumn day. That honey herbal tea was definitely helping her condition. Maybe another soak in the bath was in order.

--

That evening, she did soak in her bath tub, taking all the time she could before becoming a prune. Slipping out, smelling fresh, she wrapped herself in her towel and dried off, hair being combed with delicate fingertips. Afterwards, she examined her nude figure for a brief moment, smiled and then slipped into a long and regal silk night gown. After, she laid her tiara upon her night stand and went to the balcony windows, opening the doors and shyly peeking around the corner. He wouldn't really be there, would he? That only happened in the story books, yes? And besides, it was humanly impossible to climb without pause or without fail the stiff walls and ivy.

“Yes…I can see just fine…” He stood perfectly still in the darkness, letting her take his hand. Though when she said that Rickkard had hit her, the urge to maim the stupid little bastard came back full force. He was going to castrate him! Then feed his testicles to a bear and leave the rest of the oaf to a pack of ravenous wolves! A growl rumbled low in William’s throat, threatening and animalistic…but Lenia’s sweet voice in his ears soothed him and he calmed down. “Good…I’m glad that you defended yourself.” When she moved into his arms he was tempted to draw back…but he had missed her so. Instead, his arms encased her without touching her, forming a sort of protective cage rather than a warm embrace. It would have to do for now, at least until he could figure out what the hell was happening to him.

“Lenia nothing you could ever tell me would ever make me that mad at you.” He was a little scared to ask what it was that she thought he’d never been able to forgive. Had Rickkard slept with Lenia in this month that had passed? God help him, he would slaughter that man if he had taken her by force. But it appeared that he would not get a chance to find out what her secret was. Light behind him made her shoo him away, much to his displeasure. He managed to steal one quick kiss before darting into the woods, hiding in the trees. He watched her for a moment…so tempted to trail after her. But he was a Knight, and she was his Princess; he was meant to obey the orders of the woman that would one day rule his home….even if her marriage would be to the biggest noble twat in all of Berges.

------

The next day, Mrytle had William picking up glasses and plates in order to help him better control his strength. The task was rather daunting, every delicate thing he picked up he managed to break. If the cup or plate didn’t break coming off the surface, it certainly shattered into a million pieces when he tried to gently place it back onto the table. After several hours, the old woman no longer had any sort of dinnerware left.

“Well William, I suppose buying me some new dishes is in order.” The older witch grinned, ribbing poor Charles who was trying not to laugh at his Master’s inability to pick up a cup without smashing it to bits.

William growled and glared at the nutty old bat. This entire morning she had been pushing his buttons, trying to get a rise out of him and make him fly off the handle. But it seemed as if his Knight’s Code was caging the beast within him. He wouldn’t dare hit a lady, although after several cackling remarks, William was very tempted to backhand Myrtle and wipe the smug grin off her face. And even when Charles had tried to taunt him and William had gotten mad enough that he wanted to smash the poor boy through the wall…he hadn’t because it would have been dishonorable to fight with a boy half his size.

He –hated- being this angry.

“It will all come to you with practice Willy!” The old woman gave a great full laugh as William visibly cringed at such a mockery of his proud name. Willy was just…God awful. He was William to everyone…and only Will to Lenia. But sensing the young knight’s frustration, Myrtle took pity on him and made him some herbal tea, pouring it into one of the last pieces of porcelain she had left. “You must relax my dear boy. Here, drink this.” When William hesitated, she rolled her eyes. “I promise it won’t turn you to a toad…my niece enjoys your company too much for me to want to be so cruel.”

Glad that his drink was safe, William picked up his cup as carefully as he could, managing to not break it as he took a couple of sips. He smiled a bit and as he put the cup back down onto the saucer and everything stayed in one piece. Good! He was making a little progress at least. His newfound strength was rather disconcerting but he enjoyed the idea that he would be able to better serve the people of Berges…as long as he could keep his anger in check anyways.

“I want to go see her…” He said after a short while, letting the words hang in the air. Charles had told him of how often Lenia had come by to visit. And while she may have had at least gotten her fill of seeing William, he burned with the desire to go to her. But she had asked him not to and the young knight always obeyed orders….even if he didn’t agree with them. He knew her plea to stay safe and stay hidden had been for his own good, but that didn’t make him want to go see her any less.

Myrtle was quiet for a long while, studying the sullen looking young man. He was asking for permission to go. Not outright asking ‘may I’…but pretty close. Even though he could have easily fled as he had last night, he was sitting here, struggling to be very polite her, and obey the request of Lenia. Somehow he must’ve seen Myrtle as a higher ranking officer and was now trying to get her blessing to go!

Well…how could she stand in the way of true love?

Besides…the boy had broken all of her plates, she needed –something- to eat on tonight.

“If you can keep yourself hidden…I see no harm in you going into town. BUT” She added as William eagerly stood up to leave, stopping him in his tracks. “If Rickkard catches you near her, he will grow suspicious. You mustn’t be seen. And- SIT DOWN BOY!” Myrtle barked as William inched closer to the door, obviously very excited to have a secret rendezvous with his beloved. The young knight immediately bolted down into a chair, looking more like a sheepish teenager than a man. It made Myrtle a little less wary of him leaving since he could obviously obey orders so well still. “Now where was I…oh yes! Take Charlie with you and pick me out some plates and cups. They don’t have to be fine, they just have to be –nice-. Something with flowers along the edges perhaps.” The old witch grinned as both men paled at the thought of having to buy something so feminine. But she shooed them out of her hut, glad for a little piece and quiet.

------

After a long ride and a dreaded hour having to find new plates and cups for Myrtle, William and Charles stopped by one of the inns to get some food. Both men had their cloaks on and their hoods drawn up, having the air of foreigners about them so no one really paid them much mind. Once they were finished with dinner, Charlie took his horse and all the new dinnerware back to Myrtle’s hut. William stayed behind, he paid for a room and put his horse in the stables. He got dressed into something a little more fine…brown leather pants with a matching jerkin and a nice blue cloth shirt. The metal of his sword had an odd red tint to it from the dragon’s blood, but it was still sharp as ever and he paid the strange color no mind.

As darkness fell, he set off on foot to the castle. While William was not able to scale the stone walls, he was certainly able to climb to the top of one of the towers after watching the patrol route for the guards and timing his entrance just right. Once at the top, he scoped out the castle a bit from his new vantage point. He stuck to the rooftops as he moved about the castle. Surely the room with the finest view would be saved for the king and queen. So that meant the second best one that was near it should be meant for their daughter.

Sure enough, as he came towards a nice balcony he saw her through the window. Even better, she was coming his way!

“Were you hoping to find someone out here, Princess?” William whispered softly as to not startle her. He slid down the roof just a bit and now hung from the overhang of the balcony above her, looking at Lenia upside down. “Is it safe for me to come down and give my lover a kiss? Or are you still under watch?”

It couldn't be. His voice hadn't startled her as she thought it had, but the soft voice had instead soothed her. She almost laughed, seeing him hanging there, upside down like a bat. His words furthered her notion and she giggled softly, hands over her lips, now threatened to laugh louder. "What are you doing up there?" She beckoned and moved a little closer to him, amazed that he could hang like that so easily, admiring him from his angle and leaned up, touching his face. Yes, he was just close enough...

"I'm under the watch," she whispered tenderly to him, her eyes dropping a little and she leaned up on her toes, reaching up and pressed her lips to his own, feeling a rush of excitment from this upside down kiss. "But let them watch." That seemed to get his blood boiling as he slipped down and they embraced. She felt her feet not touch the ground, but she didn't mind. She trusted William, and closed her eyes, hugging him closer to her. Her body was trembling slightly. "I was so worried," she whispered to him, asking that they moved back into her room so that they wouldn't be seen.

Removing herself relucently from him embrace and many kisses, she turned to the balcony and closed the windows, reaching up as high as she could to also close the drapes to allow them further privacy. They wouldn't be disturbed. Returning to his arms, she pecked his lips a final time before sitting down upon the bed and asking what Mrytle had him do for the day while she had been absent. Hearing his failed attempts, but later triumph, she clapped politely and chuckled, shaking her head. "With practice. Just.. be thankful you're alive. Isn't that what's important? That you're all in one piece, that you can breathe fresh air, that you still remember, that you still love me?" She asked, just to make sure it was all hopefully still true.

Touching his face, they kissed once more, her back finding the sheets of her bed, the familiar sensation of her womanhood growing damp. Only he had that affect on her, so easily, so quickly. "W-Will, wait, wait," she beckoned, trying to get him to slow down, but he seemed to miss her as much as she had. But she had so much to say... and perhaps there wouldn't be any more time. She began with the easiest of things to mention. "It wouldn't be right to do this. I'm to be a bride in two days." Frowning, she pouted, now teasingly. "I'm suppose to be able to walk down the isle. Not the want to with Rickkard waiting for me." Her brows turned inward in frustration at the thought and she sighed. "But... you want this, don't you? My body misses you. I'm all wet, again." Her soft, innocent voice egging him on as she lifted the ends of her nightgown, her panties were damp, near soaking.

Look what he did to her! Blushing, his pretty princess had returned after so long. She was being very demure with him as of late. It seemed distance did that for her. It also seemed as though she were holding back more, but in this moment she wanted to be with him like this first. Then she'd share more. "I want to feel you inside me again. Please William?" She certianly hadn't forgotten the feeling, but she was slowly forgetting the rush of blood and the flush of heat she recieved whenever William thrust that huge cock into her folds and how great it felt to be released under his strong body. What new position would he move her in? What new way would he make her cry out? How many times could he make her say his name this time? In the back of her head, Myrtle's warning about his excessive strength and new passions could have been an issue here, but Lenia decided to put her faith William's love for her and hoped that things wouldn't get too wildly out of him. While she loved his beastly side, hopefully this dragon blood wouldn't make his mating abilities go over the edge. How wrong she could have very well been.

“I am thankful…especially thankful to you. If it wasn’t for you I’d surely be dead.” William smiled gently at her. She was what had kept him holding on, and she was the one who had brought him to the witch-doctor to be cured…well…as ‘cured’ as a man who had dragon’s blood in his veins could be. But the burdens of learning how to control this new creature inside of him were a small price to pay for getting to see his Princess again. Eager as ever to make up for their month apart, that soft kiss that Lenia gave him turned into a more passionate one and he laid her back onto the bed. His hands were already beginning to tug and pull at her clothing before she asked him to wait and of course, he did as he was told and stopped.

His heart fell and his brow furrowed in anger. Rickkard…he –hated- that horrid little man so! It wasn’t fair that Lenia was being forced to marry a fool just because that fool so happened to be a Lord. He wished that she could just marry him…he knew he was more of a man than Rickkard would ever be, but William came with a far lesser title. A knight…he was much closer to a simple blacksmith or guard than a nobleman. Was he really going to sleep with this Princess who was going to be married to a nobleman in two days?

“Lenia….” William whimpered as she declared how wet she was. His cock was growing hard at just her scent and her not so innocent little requests. He could smell her light, delicious musk the moment she lifted her nightgown, could almost taste her on his tongue. Just those thoughts made his pants feel unbearably tight as his manhood strained against the leather. And now the animal inside of him was –demanding- to be let out. It wanted to claim her, to mark her, to not make love to her tonight but to –fuck- her. “I shouldn’t…” It was so hard to stay in control…he missed her so, especially the way she cried out his name rather than that twat Rickkard’s.

Her final plea made him lose it. William didn’t even remove his boots or take off his scabbard, he was so desperate to plunge his cock into her willing body right this second. He quickly stood up, yanking her to the edge of the bed to try to get her into position. He flipped her over onto her belly as though she weighed nothing and then helped her up onto her knees. Strong hands found those pesky panties and with a satifying Riiiiippp he had torn them to pieces and her bare, wet sex was finally exposed to him.

He yanked down his pants, just enough that that his cock could immediately spring forth. Mindful of his strength since he didn’t want to hurt her, he never wanted to hurt her, his one hand took light grip of her hip, keeping her in place while the other wrapped around his member, guiding it towards her entrance but not plunging in just yet.

“Is this what you wanted, my naughty little minx?” He groaned softly as he teased the sensitive head of his cock through her folds. “You want my cock buried inside of you?” Such language! Where the hell had that come from? He blushed a bit after he said it but soon enough the feeling of her wetness coating his throbbing manhood made him forget about that and all he wanted was to bury himself inside of her. He plunged his throbbing rod into her, relishing the feel of her slick embrace. William groaned. She felt tighter…so very tight around him. Was he bigger? Or had she just grown tighter without him here to make love to her every night. He’d figure it out later…all he wanted right now was to absolutely ruin her for any other man and claim her as his.

“Oh yes…Lenia…” William growled, slamming his hips against her perfect little rear. She’d be able to walk down that aisle, she may just not be able to sit straight. Just the thought of Rickkard touching what was his was infuriating! He started to angle his thrusts to force himself as deep as he could possibly go; stretching her, filling her, making sure her betrothed would never be able to compete with him in the bedroom.

“Scream for me…cum for me…” He panted out, leaning over to bite her shoulder gently as his hips picked up a more frantic pace. He wanted her screaming, he wanted everyone in this whole damn castle to know that she was his. It was a good thing her head was so close to the pillows so that she could bite them and moan into them, because William was going to try his best to turn her into the same sex crazed animal that he was.

"W-Whoa!" She exclaimed, blushing bright pink when he flipped her over onto her belly, feeling the contact hit against soft cushioning as her body tensed a moment, his strong hands gripping her knees to bend them comfortably. Confused, she turned behind her, trying to figure out what he was doing. When she heard the ripping sound, she gasped, gawking at him as best as she could. He ripped her panties! Ripped them! And she had liked those, too... "Ah," she breathed, feeling the cool air now tickling at her exposed womanhood, feeling that rush of excitement, knowing his big, thick, member was in hindsight.

Hearing the rustling of just his pants being pulled down, she paused, feeling the sensation of his tip teasing her entrance this way. Groaning softly, she tilted her head back, arching her head like a pleasured kitten. "Y-Yes, Will, oh, yes please," she begged him softly, whimpering and even sticking her behind out for him further, trying to break the anticipation and make the contact connect. Why did he hesitate? The big tease! "Yes.. I want your big cock buried inside me," she added shyly, much less confident than he had said, but she had repeated it to his will as they both had wished.

When he pushed himself in, she cried out, gasping and tried to relax her body, muscles tensing a bit. This didn't usually feel this way... a few things had changed, hadn't they? Blushing further, she closed her eyes tightly, blinking back any moisture and calmed her body, becoming a master at this from their previous encounters. How could she forget the feeling so easily? Oh, William would make her remember. The push and pull of his member tugging at her inner body caused Lenia to bend to his whim, literally. Her littler body beneath him rocked back and forward along the bed, her hair dancing along her back and shoulders, soft cries escaping her lips, her breathing ragged.

"W-Will! Will!" She cried out, first softly then a little more loudly to a point where her mouth was so dry, she yearned for his kisses, for something, for some release. Sticking out her tongue a little in an utterly sexy way, she arched her back further and pushed her shoulders up. "Will!" She screamed halfway, her body just shivered and she slammed her face into the pillows, literally and came for him in massive amounts as he demanded it happily so. Her body quivered under him, knees sinking a little. She shyly turned back around him to him her fingertips coming to the hem of her nightgown, removing it and allowing him to see her naked flesh once again. Of course her beautiful body had not changed, though, if one looked closely enough, her hips appeared a little wider if not inward. Her hands began to tremble and she began to weep softly.

William looked worried and she quickly rubbed away the tears from her eyes, promising he hadn't been too rough, and most of that roughness she had liked... it was something else. "Will..." Biting her lip, she took his hand and placed it gently to her bare, warm, belly. "I'm pregnant." She closed her eyes, catching a few more tears upon her chin and quickly sniffled. She was ready for him to just up and leave quickly so that she could recover in her own time. Lenia was very, very unsure on how William would take this. Her lower half was starting to feel numb and she shyly brought the sheets around her nude body, finding him staring for so long. What.. was he thinking? "The baby is not Rickkard's. I... tricked him into thinking we made love once. I put something into his drink at a party. We woke up in the same bed with me at his side. He just fondled me and kissed me, seemingly pleased it was all done. And ah... I've already been tested twice with Myrtle and a private doctor. I'm five weeks."

It was a very dangerous game they were playing and William would have to know, somewhere in the back of his mind, that this baby wouldn't even be able to know who his real father was. And it killed Lenia. That's why she figured he would hate her, hate for this happening. And she would not blame him; damn her reproductive system. Damn this body that tempted him to an edge. Damn this fate that twisted it so. Had Lenia always wanted children? Of course! But like this? Hiding her own children from their true parent? And knowing her little baby, they would look every bit like her handsome William and nothing like Rickkard which would raise eyebrows.

“Lenia!” He gasped as he felt her slick heat flutter and clench around his member. Watching her lithe body rock underneath him, hearing her cry out his name, it all just made his thick shaft throb even harder. It was too much…his body knew that he had been gone for far too long and William could not hold back even if he tried. His massive cock twitched inside of her and he bit down onto her shoulder, harder this time, marking her as his as he emptied his hot seed into her willing sex. Panting and feeling slightly more satisfied, he straightened himself up. Rather than strip naked, he tucked himself back into his pants so that he wouldn’t be distracted as he kissed every inch of the lithe body he had so missed. Good God...she was so beautiful, all he wanted to do was run his lips all over her skin and tickle her with his beard. But his plans of showering Lenia with kisses were soon forgotten as she began to cry. “What’s wrong? Did I hurt you?” His brow furrowed in concern and as she placed his hand on her warm, smooth tummy, he froze and tensed at her next words.

“Y-y-you’re…what?” William stammered as he looked down at her, his dark eyes glassy. PREGNANT?! He stared down at her stomach, mouth slightly ajar, half expecting it to do…something…he didn’t know what. He was going to be a father! Imagine that! Him! William! A dad!

But alas, the dreams he had had of one day having a family of his own were within reach and now they were yanked away as the blissful initial happiness drifted back towards a rather harsh reality. His fantasies of having a family were not only swept away by the hand of fate but were also dunked in acid, lit on fire, and then stamped out into the dirt, never to be recovered again. –Rickkard- would be his child’s father. Not William. Lenia was marrying Rickkard in two days, not some silly young knight that had knocked her up. William would never get to take his child to their first Tournament, hoist them up onto his shoulders, and cheer on Uncle Charlie after he completed his apprenticeship and became a full knight. He’d never get to show his son how to hold a sword or get to strike fear into the hearts of his daughter’s suitors. Lenia would have their child to love and care for and William would have…absolutely nothing.

He had never felt so horribly alone in his entire life.

Perhaps it was for the best… He tried to reason with himself. William led a dangerous life. He couldn’t expect Lenia to wait for him as he wandered off to battle or helped villages across the countryside. He couldn’t ask her to worry, to stay home and take care of their son or daughter while wondering if her knight would ever come back to them. At least Rickkard would provide a stable home…even though he was an ignorant oaf and poor excuse for a man. Is this the price he must pay for being an adulterous man? To have the only flesh and blood he had in this world to be raised a complete and total fucking piece of -.

So. Much. Anger. So much sorrow… He needed to leave, to go be alone for awhile.

The vast majority of him wished to run, to go back to the inn and find solace in the bottom of a bottle of rum. To drink until he could no longer feel anything or even remember who he was. Maybe if he was lucky another dragon would come around, trying to destroy the city and his drunken self would be swallowed whole. Maybe even Rickkard would be killed. One could only hope. But while he was contemplating running away and the 1000 ways he wished Rickkard would just die…he realized that Lenia was incapable of such a luxury. His beautiful Princess was nothing more than a caged bird if he left with Rickkard constantly rattling her prison. And at the end of the day…William was a big, dumb, fiercely loyal dog. He’d protect the delicate bird inside of the cage.

He couldn’t leave Lenia. He loved her. She needed him…and he needed her to be safe.

“If it pleases m’lady…I wish to resign from my position as Knight…and apply for a new position as part of the Royal Guard.” Lenia would be marrying Rickkard anyways…their countries would be allied and Argis would surely swallow up the Knights of Berges. He would be under her command, one way or another. At least this way he would be much closer to her rather than a traveling Knight. Charles would be sad…he’d been with William for such a long time. But the boy would understand and there were many other knights that he could finish his apprenticeship under. “I…hope you will put in a good word for me, so perhaps I may be part of your Majesty’s personal guard.”

This was how he would cope with the stress and sadness of it all…by hardening his heart, by retreating back into his work, his duty, his Code. Falling back into the roles they –should- have been playing this entire time: the chivalrous Knight and the Princess he served to protect.

William had been taking this in very slowly, but his eyes were speaking a vast journey far beyond one she could reach. Her tears had dried and she shyly looked up to William, searching his eyes for answers. His young princess waited before his lips parted and he spoke the words she half expected and had hoped he would not. It took every fiber in her being not to scream and shout. One, it would alert her guard, and secondly, she would completely lose it. What that would do to them both, she had no idea. Myrtle often mentioned how unstable pregnant women were; Lenia would strive not to be so desperate. Clenching her fists so her knuckles turned white, she lowered the sheets, allowing him a clear view of the sweet curve of her fair breast before slipping her nightgown back up and stepping out of bed, buttoning up the front. A bit sore, as usual. And her shoulder hurt... had he bit her?

Frowning, Lenia did not respond to William immediately and simply reached up to pull the blinds away, struggling a little, jumping up on her toes like the inner child she was before catching the string and pulling them away. After, she unhooked the lock and opened them. The breeze felt good against her warm body.

"I want you to be free." It came out much faster than she had hoped for, her hand cupping her lips in an apologetic manner. The delicate fingers trickled down to her throat, trying to get out the correct words. Half of her wanted him in her gaurd to at least watch their child grow. To be near her, too. But. It was wrong of her, as a princess, to keep William at her side as if she owned him. William was his own person. He made his own deicions and should he choose to be in the guard, then he would put his own name forward, not if it pleases her.

"You shall do what pleases you from now on. I don't want to 'command' that. In fact, I refuse to command it. Just.. leave me for right now. Please. Please, -I- beg of -you- as a woman." As he moved past her, she gently caught his arm, smiling as best as she could, but it was a hard line of a smile. It was very difficult for her; she felt like glass as if about to break. "Please, be safe my brave Knight. I shall.. I shall always wait for you."

And she couldn't bear it. She would fall into his arms if she stayed any longer outside on the balcony. She closed the doors behind her and moved a hand to her face, refusing to weep. He had done his business and she had done her own. It was time for him to make his own decisions, whether it was at her side or not. Whether it was to avoid the said pain in order to move on for a healthier, happier life. Lenia wanted that said life for him and she understood if that meant not being able to see him again. But... she wouldn't keep her or their unborn child from him either. If he chose to stay nearer to her, to even put himself in her personal guard, he would never lose a minute of her time. He would watch her and the baby grow. He would watch her marry Rickkard as man and wife. It was not fair.

She didn't look back to the balcony. In fact, she slept ontop of her covers, refusing to sleep beneath them as a reminder, and slipped into a pair of clean panties, lighting the nearest fire. Her dreams turned into nightmares as they haunted her: visions of her standing with a bundle her arms, crying William's name over and over. The nightmares didn't cease. And when the days went by without William, Lenia found herself in wedding attire. She was walking and sitting perfectly. It was a public, open event for all loved and admired the princess. She looked stunning, regal but oddly, beautiful, tragic. Rickkard didn't seem to mind, he feed off such energy and swept his princess in for a kiss, even managing to carry her down the little isle when they exchanged vows and promised their eternal promises throughout the churches hall's. The reception was lovely, lively, but Lenia felt ill. There were many people and she politely excused herself, her mother worried.

"Lenia, dear?"

"Forgive me mother, all this commotion has just got me so excited.. I'm a little dizzy."

"Of course, dear. But ah, don't forget this is your wedding night." She winked but nodded thoughtfully. Lenia only stared out into space, lifting the ends of her expensive gown and hurrying up the stairs, tears burning in her eyes. Tearing off her wedding veil, she opened her balcony doors for fresh air and released herself from the corset with Becca's help. That would be the last time she'd wear that awful thing, especially for her baby. Breathing fresh air, Becca brewed her tea and slipped Lenia into her night dress, sprtizing her with perfume.

Wishing her princess goodnight, the young bride was left alone, dreading the thought of Rickkard entering and wanting to amek it a wedding night to last. He was already drunk out fo his mind when he entered the room an hour later. Lenia had been reading and he laughed at her modesty. "Where is my little vixen!?" She gave him a glare and sighed, taking the wine bottle from his hand.

"Come to bed, Rickkard..."

"How's bout you help take off my pants?"

"I'd rather not."

That seemed to get a drunken spark in him when he toppled ontop of her, causing the air to rush from her lungs. "R-Rickkard s-stop, I can't breathe. Get o-off, you ass!" She punched at him and he chuckled, rolling to the side as Lenia, worried, touched her belly, hugging herself close as Rickkard stared at her curiously. He held out his hand.

"Come here my little bride. Let me fuck you wild."

Lenia could feel rage, her temper flaring, but she tried to contain most of it. Approaching him, she would do her best to try and get out of this like a good, smart girl. Rickkard was not kind at all. He tore at her night dress when he begged her to stop. When he ripped her lingerie, she actually screamed. As man and wife, even a personal guard outside her room typically would do nothing. "Please, stop, stop!" She cried out, terrified, trying to make anyone stop her drunken husband as he attempted to claim her as his own in his 'rightful place.' Where it seemed to be so, Lenia's struggles made it sound like rape. In her mind, it was. His laughs were like bothersome hyenas, louder and louder to torment. In her nudity, only in her panties, he slammed her face against the mirror forcing her to look at her crying face. "Look, look! Look who's lost her crown! Come, Lenia, dance with me!" He spun her around in his arms to the terrified shaking of her head and body to which he caught close and gripped her rear, smacking it. He tugged at her panties, smacking her flesh.

She screamed again behind the closed door, her soft voice, pleaing anyone, someone to help her, to make Rickkard stop touching her, teasing her and making her feel so belittled. His laughing was wild, stupid. And to Lenia's credit, though her tears, she just closed her eyes, and tried to think of a happier place. A little cottage somewhere with Will and the baby.

The guard outside the door looked to his partner, his captain. Even the bigger man seemed extremely uncomfortable. "Sir... the princess, she... she's crying out to us."

"It's their wedding night."

"That don't sound like love, cap'n."

"I know, boy. It isn't the first I've heard. Ah, here come the new recruits to take shift."

[ OOC. At this point, you can have William's decision made whether he became a freelancer or whether he joined the personal guard. Everyone and anyone would be invited to the wedding because it's an open event in the church.
EDITED a few times for detail = refresh button. Thanks. ]

After leaving, drinking himself into a stupor, and only waking to Charles’ slapping him across the face to make sure he wasn’t dead in his room at the inn, William told his young friend everything. How Lenia was pregnant, how she’d be marrying Rickkard…and how he wished to join the Royal Guard so that he may be near them. He expected the boy to be sat or upset but he was not. Charles, being the sweet boy he was, just nodded in agreement and said that was exactly what they should do.

“What –we- should do?” William blinked his bloodshot, hungover eyes at his Squire. There wasn’t supposed to be a ‘we’, just a ‘William’.

“Of course Sir! Wherever you go, I go. You’re like family, Sir.” Charles looked up at William as if he were plain mad for thinking he wouldn’t follow him. William was the only one who had ever believed that Charles could do anything! No other Knights had accepted the boy as a Page; saying that he was too small and too scrawny. But William had seen potential in him and shown the boy great kindness. Even though Charles struggled for months to build up enough muscle to lift his Master’s armor and help him into it, William had only been nice and encouraging every step of the way. And look at him now! Still a bit scrawny, a little short (William assured him he was still growing, which Charles highly doubted, but oh well), but…he had lots of good memories. He was amazing with a bow, fair with a sword, he had helped slay –dragons-; it was all thanks to William. Charles may be young, but he was old enough to know he wanted to follow his Master, wherever his friend’s adventures may take them.

For the first time in as long as he could remember, William finally broke down and wept.

-----

That same day, after William’s hangover had faded. He went with Charles to enlist in the Royal Guard. After displays of swordsmanship, horsemanship and bow and arrow skills, both men were accepted and given the rank of Recruit. It was a step down from being a Knight, but the Officer that presided over them just figured that the wandering Knight had found a bride in the city and needed a place to stay and that Charles must be his little brother that he had to take care of, or some such sob story.

----

William couldn’t bring himself to watch the wedding. Thankfully he was posted by the entrance to the city and wouldn’t have to see his beloved Lenia kiss Rickkard after they exchanged their vows. But he did see all the carriages and horses from all over the nearby kingdoms come in, there were quite a few from Berges. No doubt the King of Berges had come to watch his son get married…perhaps the Knight Commander was here too. Then William could give him his resignation in person rather than having to send him a notice by hawk.

And so it was that his day came to pass, watching a drawbridge rather than helping villagers with bandits or slaying dragons. What a horribly dull profession. Now he understood why being a Guard was usually left to married men, at least they would have something to go home to to take away some of the boredom of their position. After a short break, he was then paired up with Charles to go patrol the floor with the Royals on it. As new recruits, they were being given the job that no one wanted: watching a hallway full of nothing while a party raged on in the rest of the castle.

“Ah you two must be the new recruits!” Smiled the Captain. He had heard the one new recruit was a Knight, nothing to worry about then, surely guarding a couple on their wedding night would be no problem. “Someone will be by to relieve you within the next four hours.” And then off he went to enjoy the festivities with his partner.

It didn’t take long before William’s ears picked up the sounds of a struggle. Then the cry of the word ‘help’! And without even thinking about who it was or where he was, William had burst through the door, breaking the top hinge and the lock. He saw Rickkard trying to force himself onto Lenia.

“ENOUGH!” William roared. All he remembered was letting out a terrible bellow one moment and the next moment Rickkard’s throat was in his hand. He had somehow managed to bring him out to the balcony and was now dangling him over the edge by the neck as though he weighed nothing. The only thing that had drawn him out of his bloodlust was the high-pitched scream Rickkard let out that so reminded William of a woman. But Rickkard was no woman, though he did sound like one when terrified. And now William hard the urge to rip him limb from limb He wanted to bite, to maim, to kill. His one day king or not, William had been knighted under Rickkard’s grandfather, not his father, and not this idiot of a progeny in his hand. As far as he was concerned, his own loyalties to his king and country lay with a man that was dead in the dirt

“GUARDS! GUARDS” Rickkard screamed. Perhaps dangling him over the balcony was not the wisest of decisions, since now quite a few guards and guests had a lovely view of a panic stricken fool dangling helplessly in the grasp of a very pissed off bearded man.

“S-sir! Put him down! I MEAN ON THE BALCONY!” Charles amended when William looked as though he was going to put Rickkard straight down three stories below them.

“What in the blazes is going on in here?!” Lenia’s father came into the room to check on all the commotion. “Guard! I demand you put him down!”

“He was hurting the Princess, Sire. No doubt this drunken idiot hit her like a coward.” William snarled. If he just squeezed a little tighter… Will you really murder a man that is unarmed?

“What the hell is happening in here Arthur, has your daughter gone and gotten cold feet on her wedding night?” Triastan chuckled, wandering in as drunk as his son with two of his own personal guard trailing after him. Though he seemed to sober up once he realized that his son was going to be murdered by some barbarian. “Rickkard?! Who is that man?! PUT DOWN MY SON YOU IDIOT!!”

As William struggled to figure out if he was capable of murdering a man in cold blood, his resolve to maim Rickkard waivered and he ended up putting the stupid bastard down…though not after bashing his goddamn arrogant face in to re-break his nose and send him crumpling to the floor. Once there William spit on his unconscious body before turning to face the two Kings that were surely going to have his head.

“D-David?!” The King of Berges stammered as he got a good look at the young guard that had been holding his son effortlessly over the balcony railing. Tristan’s face turned white, as though he had seen a ghost. And the old king was sure that he had. This guard looked just like…no…he couldn’t be. They were dead, He had taken care of that. The Knight Commander had told him there were no survivors in the village his foolish older sister and her Stable Master of a husband had eloped to! It was impossible! Plus David’s eyes had been blue and he had been a couple inches taller…this man couldn’t be him. But this guard’s eyes…he had the -same- dark eyes as his sister, Jocelyn. “SEIZE HIM!” King Tristan cried, his own personal guards coming forward to deal with William.

And William just stood there, knowing he was in the wrong. He had attacked a nobleman. He was prepared to be taken away, probably to be hanged. God forgive him but after losing Lenia to this man, it seemed like a couple of nights in the dungeon to repent for his sins and the sweet relief of a hangman’s noose to get rid of this heartache seemed like a good idea.

“Sir! Don’t give up…please…” Charles begged, his hand coming to his own sword out of instinct as more guards appeared and surrounded them.

“Seize the boy as well! Throw them both in the dungeon and then they will be brought back to Berges to be tried and hung as assassins!” And then after Tristan dealt with them, he was going to deal with that lying traitor the Knight Commander that was surely somewhere inspecting the Knights of Argis no doubt.

“No!” William cried. He was prepared to take what was coming to him, but he was not prepared for Charles to pay for a mistake he had made. As if there wasn’t enough chaos in the room between a crying, half naked Lenia, two surprised kings, an unconscious jackass, 20 guards, and a scared Squire, William released a loud roar and threw himself into drawn swords, batting them out of the way with his armored hand as he drew all of their attentions onto him. He didn’t want to kill anyone…his sword stayed sheathed the entire time, but the young knight did his best to put up a good fight as men tried to restrain him and pummel him into submission “Charles! Run!”

A good boy who always obeyed orders, Charles bolted. William had taught him retreat was not always a sign of cowardness. Sometimes you just had to regroup and replan.

“Seize the boy! YOU IDIOTS! How can you not restrain ONE simple guard?!?!” No more loose ends, no more nonsense. Tristan would have order! He would have this guard killed, then the boy as well because he didn’t know how much the young lad knew, and then everything would go back to normal. His son would stay married to Lenia and no one would had to know anything more about this man named William, other than he was an assassin.

Charles was too quick, he ducked under the remaining guard by the door and sprinted away. He needed to find help! As the alarm bells in the castle began to sound, he only ran quicker. He needed to hide…yes! He’d go to Myrtle’s…then they’d find the Knight Commander! The Knight Commander was like William’s father, surely he would be able to use his influence to get William freed.

What happened in the next five minutes of her life was not what she had expected. Lenia had anticipated her body being pressed to her clean bed and her body being bent to a will that was not her own. But a wedding day was full of surprises, her Knight burst through the doors and all but grabbed Rickkard off of her. Taking a gulp of a breath, she exhaled and then shivered from the newly exposed air, looking back to see William dangling the frightened body of Rickkard over the edge of her balcony. "William..." She whispered gently and when more guards entered she grabbed the fallen sheets and wrapped herself in them, stumbling slightly if not for the help of one of them.

To make matters worse and more awkward, her father came and so did Rickkard's, much to her slight annoyance in his commentary. She ignored it for now, her eyes never leaving William's. I miss him already. Even my body does... it's very embarrassing. Shyly, she sat down, a few of the guards moving in front of her to give back some of her modesty as the men spoke. Tristan seemed bent on having William pay for his actions which caused alarm in Lenia, but she knew she couldn't ring it loudly. She had to be smart, but silent. Her mind was processing quickly before she heard the clang of armor and rose up, eyes wide.

Her body was blocked off by her guard even when she tried to get a view of what was happening, they defended her (as if she needed it from Will) and bit her tongue to keep from calling out after him. Her eyes darted to Charles-- thank goodness he was fast! Why was Tristan blowing this out of so many proportions? Yes, Rickkard's life had been hanging there, but many Knights would not so easily break Code and Lenia knew William was a man of his word. She watched as they bound him. God, how she longed to hold him, to kiss him, to feel him inside of her, their bodies merging.

"Lenia, you're bleeding,"

Her gentle father's voice called to her and a warm hand came to her brow to which there was a small cut above. "Oh," was her soft response and Becca brought a warm cloth and also a cloth, shooing the men out but giving Lenia a long and hard stare. She probably knew if Charles escaped and from the hopeful look in her eyes, the changes were high. Once she promised to speak with her father in private about Rickkard, he left her to bed to which she thanked Becca for the night dress which she gratefully slipped on. "So many tears, princess..."

"It's alright, Becca. Everything is going to be fine. Please, make sure that if ever Charles needs to enter the castle he does it through the servants quarters and comes straight to me."

"Yes, mi'lady."

Thanking her friend, she called it a night for herself, curling up under the covers and trying to find some warmth in her lonely bed.

--

They kept William in the dungeons below the castle. Surprisingly it was not as murky, but well kept. Behind the polished bars was a bed, toilet and tray with day old food for some comfort, plus a wash bin. Quiet nice really, even Argis treated their prisoners with pride. But not for William. Instead, he was chained to his wall while having to admire. When footsteps approached his cell, the doors creaked open to the side and Tristan approached, twirling a sword about his hand.

"Interesting news, Sir William of Berges," he added with disdain and turned down to the younger man and paused a moment as if admiring his face before reaching with the tip of his sword, displaying the golden necklace keepsake Lenia had given to him. "My, my. Interesting keepsake that Rickkard spotted before you nearly choked him to death. Spotted it a while back and mentioned his surgery. A gift from her royal highness? Must have done something right," Tristan winked and stood quickly, moving just far enough that William could not reach at Tristan from his bindings.

"Was she a good fuck, William? Really. Did you make all of Berges -proud?-"

The guards behind Tristan shifted uncomfortable when Tristan put his sword away quickly, causing the metal to cling softly and he patted his slightly rounded belly, much like his son. "I'm not stupid. I could humiliate her right now, in front of court. Every eye. Degrade her name. I wonder what other secrets she's keeping?" An eyebrow raised at his bluff, Tristan prying information further, his acting abilities seeming to get on William's last end nerves. It seemed to run in the family as well.

"But why humiliate one girl when you can humiliate a whole kingdom with war? I've been thinking Argis would make quite the collection, hm?"

"Tristan, are you down here?" Arthur's voice was calling from a higher place and the man touched his beard in thought, shrugging idly and giving William a thoughtful glance, a grin, and then closed the cell, hurrying back up to meet his dear, dear, friend. A few hours later closer to evening that day, the door opened again, but smaller footsteps this time, and only two little ones. A little cloak could only mean one little trouble maker. "Hi," she whispered innocently and unlocked the key which she no doubt stole for the night and entered the cell, horrified that they treated the best Knight in the world like this. He didn't deserve this. This would give him his chance to be free. To run away and just live the life he wanted to live.

It was hard to avoid, but she gently laced her fingers with his own to remind him that she wasn't his enemy. "It's just me. Hold my hand a moment while I unlock your shackles." And with each passing click, William was free. "Your armor is in the chest just down this hallway, it's not locked." She looked up to him and then back down to the floor; something she seemed to be a doing a lot of.

"You're free. Please escape. I know Charles must be so worried." I've been so worried... Swallowing hard, her hands ached to touch him, but she refused, even backing up a little to give him space. She bumped into the bars and jumped a little before laughing softly and turning around whispering something about 'who put -that- there?' and her usual little quirks that made her oh so adorable. Turning once more to William, she added truthfully a small thank you. "And for your help with Rickkard, thank you. I don't think it will happen again. At least not for a while. I have a battle scar now. Like you," she smiled about it cheerfully, always trying her best to make light of the dark situation, and pointed to the little bandage above her slender eyebrow.

Before the night had ended, Tristan had seen to it that the Knight Commander was arrested with some bogus charges. Yes...Acting in a Manner Unbefitting of a Knight! Something vague that sounded legitimate. His personal guard had been hesitant to arrest such a beloved figure of Berges, but having sworn their oaths to protect the king rather than the people, Tristan had manipulated them into thinking that Knight Commander Geoffrey was indeed a threat to his safety. Whispers soon erupted in the kingdom of Argis, gossip about the Knight Commander of Berges sending assassins to kill Rickkard. No doubt an attempt to ruin the alliance between Berges and Argis! Perhaps even some wild attempt to murder Rickkard -and- Tristan so that the Knight Commander could run the country himself!

And of course Charles heard all of these things as he snuck his way through the town on foot and into the woods. This was where he told everything that had happened to Myrtle.

“What should we do?!” Charles was in a panic. William always made up the attack plans and strategies. Now with him surely in prison, it was up to Charles to try to help. But he was young! He didn’t know anything! All he knew was that you don't go charging into the fray without a weapon. “Can’t you summon a dragon or something to break him out? You’re a witch aren’t you?! Help!!!”

“My dear Charlie, I can’t just summon dragons to the place where my beloved niece is staying. What if the beasts hurt her?” Mrytle smiled kindly to the worried boy and pat his hand. “Sometimes, all you need to do is give a little nudge to send events into motion, not a massive push.” And with that, Myrtle pulled out some parchment and quill. She scribbled out a note and then gave it to her swiftest raven to carry to the Lietenant Commander of Berges. “Surely your brothers will not sit idly by and let their leader be imprisoned.” And when Charles looked a little less than convinced, she finally added, “If need be, I will give a push rather than a nudge. But you should hurry back to the castle then to free William so that he may protect her. If anything happens my darling niece, you are going to be in a lot of trouble Charlie.” Myrtle was growing rather fond of the boy, she had to admit it was nice to have men around the house. Her leaky roof had finally been fixed! But as much as she liked Charles, she loved her little Lenia more. While her niece's happiness that surely involved William was important, her safety and life came first.

As fast as Charles had run here, he managed to double time it back to the castle for fear that Myrtle would turn him into a fish and then eat him if he failed to free William in time.

-----

William’s shackles were far too heavy and far too tight for him to be comfortable. So of course he grew irritated at the feeling of cold, biting metals against his bare wrists, ankles, and neck. The irritation soon morphed into anger; which of course transformed into complete and absolute rage within the hour. He struggled against them, cringing at the pain the metal caused as the corners of the shackles dug into his skin. The creature inside of him was taking over, and like a fox caught in a foot trap, the thought came to him that maybe he should just gnaw off enough flesh so that he could squeeze his limbs free of his prison.

The sound of a door opening and closing made him grow alert of his surroundings and brought him out of his musings. He growled at King Tristan as he entered. The older man was a coward…using a sword to try to intimidate William when he was unarmed and bound. He was even brazen enough to touch the necklace the Princess had given him with his accursed blade!

“How dare you soil the Princess’ good name!” William roared at the use of the word ‘fuck’ when describing anything about Lenia. He prowled closer, the chains slithered and rattled against the ground before snapping with a loud Clank! as William dove forward, teeth snapping like an animal as he attempted to launch himself at Tristan. He managed to choke himself a little bit and fell to the ground, the growl that rumbled in his throat and chest never leaving although he struggled for breath. He was going to kill them! String them up to his horse and then ride for miles until their bodies had scraped down to nothing but unrecognizable corpses!

Control yourself…you are not an animal, you are a man, a –good- man that obeys his Code. You do not seek to murder those that are weaker than yourself. Why? Why should he bother about controlling himself, his strength, his anger, or anything else anymore?! He had lost, Rickkard had won. He had failed his Lenia and their unborn child. There was nothing left. Now he would never be able to covertly see his lover ever again, he would either be hung or exiled. Though if Tristan had his way, it would certainly be the first and not the latter.

At Arthur’s calling, Tristan finally left. And William was finally alone to slink deeper and deeper into his misery and his uncontrollable rage. It wasn’t until several hours later that he heard the door open again and he growled, his eyes immediately narrowing dangerously as he glared at the door. But when he saw that it was his Lenia, he relaxed, if only a little bit. The feeling of her so close to him made his heart melt and his rage cool off. And the touch of her hand...he had missed that. Missed holding her hand, kissing her lips, and feeling her in his arms as they slept. The wound at her brow made him grow sorrowful. He would never, ever hit her and he wished that Rickkard wasn't such a weak man, so that his conscience would be clear if he killed him. While William had killed many men...he had murdered none.

She had freed him but he stood there, unwilling to run away. What good would being free do him if he was a slave to his sadness and his anger? The only times he had not felt the prickly needles of anger digging into his skull had been when Lenia was near. He had no urge to lash out and hit her as he had with Charles and Myrtle. She didn’t irritate him in the slightest, not even when she had told him that he would be a father.

“I don’t want to escape…I’m dangerous Lenia. I can’t…my thoughts…” He shook his head, his brow furrowing a bit. He didn’t want to admit that he was too weak to control his anger, but he knew he could only rely on his Code, his duty, and his honor for so long. Eventually he would lose his battle with the creature inside of him and he would inevitably become a monster. “I want to destroy –everything-. Even Charles who is like my brother…I wanted to hit him yesterday for something so stupid I can’t even remember what it was, I just remember that I was so –angry-.” William sighed, and knowing that he was surely going to be killed eventually, whether it was from a hangman or a band of knights sent to slay the monster he had become, he closed the distance between them. One arm wrapped around her, gently guiding her to him as his other lightly grasped her chin. He tilted her head up, then leaned down to give her a slow, loving kiss because she was his most treasured Lenia. When his lungs finally ached for air, he pulled away just enough so that he may rest his forehead against her own, looking down at her with his usual kind expression. “But when I’m with you…I don’t want to be angry, I just want to love you and protect you and our child.”

Their tender moment was interrupted by hurried footsteps, two sets. Soon enough Becca appeared with a frantic and red-faced Charles in tow.

“S-s-sir!” Charles heaved, panting heavily. “The Knight Commander has been arrested! Myrtle sent a raven to the Lietenant Commander and now the Knights of Berges are heading this way! The military has stayed back to protect the kingdom and it looks like only the Knights have come. But there are –hundreds- of them Sir and more are coming in! It’s like every knight in the whole kingdom has come to the city gates. We heard their bargaining party on the way down talking to the kings. They’re demanding they release the Knight Commander otherwise they’re gong to storm the castle and release him themselves!” Charles was panicked, surely all the knights would be slaughtered by the army of Argis if they came in so heavily outnumbered.

“We need to find him! There will be a war if there’s bloodshed!” Granted, there would probably be a war either way. Either Argis was going to attack Berges for sending an army of knights to it’s doorstep, or the people left in Berges would stage a coup if their beloved Knight Commander was executed by Tristan. Tristan was a fool, the charges against the Knight Commander probably looked ridiculous. Geoffrey was a good man, well loved by his country because he actually –cared- about his home. The people –knew- him. Although he was Knight Commander, he still served and went on missions himself if no other knights were available. He listened to whatever problems the peasants and farmers had, treating their issues with the same importance as he would the nobles. Geoffrey was so unlike Tristan, who didn’t care how many lives he had to ruin in his quest for more power, even going so far as to ruin his own sister's. The man hid in a castle all day, chasing the skirts of noblewomen. The common people never saw him, he was just a figurehead, far less liked than his father who had been a just king...even though he had cast out his only daughter for falling in love with the boy that would take her on riding lessons every day and muck out the stables.

“You need to go…hide…please. It’s not safe.” William turned to Lenia, his eyes pleading. “Stay with your aunt, hide in the woods until it is over.” Part of William felt as though he may be saying the wrong things. Pregnant women could get…moody…turning from kind women to headstrong Amazons. But while he would have loved for Lenia to help him and Charles try to free the Knight Commander, he was concerned about her safety.

William was just standing there, perhaps dumbfounded. And the small, goofy little smile upon her lips faded and she removed her small fingers from her brow and blinked slowly up at him, confused. He didn't want to escape? To be free? Where had her spirited William gone? Your bound to responsibilities, silly. Her heart skipped a horrible beat and she glanced down a moment in great thought when he added that he was dangerous. Hearing him speak of how he wished to hurt Charles - his one true friend and companion like that - caused her caution. As he approached her, she stiffened. After hearing him say those things, what good mother of a child wouldn't be a little irked? But, this was William. She had put her faith and trust in him plenty of times before and it had always done her well; she allowed his arms to envelope her and her head was turned upward, lips meeting his own.

She didn't have time to breathe and she didn't care. When he allowed it finally, she gently placed a hand to his chest and felt as though they had kissed for the first time so long ago. Shyly looking to him when their forehead's locked, something she had been so fond of, Lenia smiled softly. Hearing those words made her think just for a small, brief little moment, she could say, 'William I'm pregnant!' once again and he'd take her in his arms, spinning her happily. But that celebration a second time would have to come another dawn. "That means the world to me, Will. Someday.. I hope we can. I am so happy to carry your child," she whispered, and even leaned up, nuzzling her head against the crook of his neck, leaning up on her toes like a happy kitten being scratched. Gosh, she loved him so much! But alas, her little moments of happiness were ruined.

The tired voice of Charles and Becca close on his heels came near as William's body tensed and Lenia turned to them as well. Explaining the situation made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and prickle her delicate, cool, flesh. This wasn't good at all. She was married to Rickkard, joining two kingdoms, but even now it wasn't enough to stop a people's cause. With a heavy hurt, William told her to hide because it wasn't safe here. And Lenia pouted. She damn right, pouted. "If you're not allowed to run away, then neither am I. Besides? I have the keys. And I'm sure you'd struggle to find them," Lenia couldn't resist her creme de le creme; she grasped the little edge of copper between her bosom and pulled out the keys, dangling them in front of William and Charles who looked as though he were about to have a heart attack.

Becca brought them back. "Quickly, in the lounge," she called, pointing to a room down the hallway of (thankfully) empty cells and into a room where Charles closed the door behind them. He was able to peek through the keyhole and held up a hand or everyone to be quiet. Becca put her hands over her mouth and looked to Lenia to do the same. The young princess did with one hand, the other finding William's hand, gripping it to keep it from shaking. Half of the shakes were nerves, the other half was an odd sense of excitement. Is this what stowaways did? Or thieves in the night? Voices could be heard, a body being moved into the cell.

"Hey, where are the full set of keys?"

"Dunno, did you leave them upstairs?"

"Come on, now..."

The voices bickered and one even asked where the Berges prisoner was and the other assumed he was already on his way back to be beheaded. They scoffed it off, locking the new prisoner who seemed to let out a tired groan and then left upstairs, closing the door loudly. When Charles gave the thumbs up, they excited the lounge and William seemed to immediately recognize the man, but the man seemed to immediately recgonize the Princess, of course.

"Your majesty!"

Now this was odd. "Ah... please, good Commander, there's no need to bow. Let me unlock these bars and then unlock your shackles. There seems to be a great misunderstanding."

"Ah, of course, but..." He looked to William, a little confused. His eyes were scrunched and he was trying to figure something out as if William were a puzzle where only a few trickily puzzle pieces were seeming out of place.

“I’ll say there has been a misunderstanding. King Tristan has finally lost his mind! And you may call me Geoffrey, Majesty.” The Knight Commander managed a polite smile since he was not being allowed to bow. He held still while Lenia undid his shackles, half of him was paying attention to her, the other half was staring pointedly at the bearded man that looked –exactly- as how Geoffrey had remembered seeing him, almost twenty three years ago. “David?” The Knight Commander finally asked as Lenia moved to undo his final shackles. “Thank you, Majesty.”

“Why on earth does everyone keep calling me David?”

“William!” Geoffrey smiled, he’d recognize that voice anywhere. “Ah my boy, it’s so good to see you!” Now free of his bindings, he embraced William whom he hadn’t seen in…hmm…almost two years now! How time flies. But as he pulled away from the embrace, the Knight Commander’s face hardened as he looked at William with a scrutinizing eye. “I thought I taught you that a Knight should be clean cut and professional. Not adorning his face with a scraggly beard!”

“It’s not scraggly!” Well…maybe it was a –little- scraggly, but he had been in a dungeon and hadn’t had time to really trim it with the whirlwind of events that had been happening around him. “I just…remember…being little, and my father had a beard so I thought I’d give it a go.” William happened to –like- his beard, very much so.

“Well…you look just like him now. Except you have your mother’s eyes. David’s eyes were a very intense shade of blue. But Jocelyn had the same dark brown eyes that looked almost black.” Geoffrey paused for a moment…yes…William –had- to be David’s son, there was no way he couldn’t be! “Tell me William, do you know the tale of Princess Jocelyn?” When William shook his head ‘no’, Geoffrey wasn’t surprised. It had been just about forbidden to speak of the old king’s daughter who was wild as the horses her stable master husband tamed.

“Oh! I know the story Sir! It’s a story servants tell their kids…my mum used to tell me it all the time, like it was a fairy tale.” Charles smiled brightly and then went into an abridged version of the fairy tale. “There was a young stable boy named David that worked in the castle. He was very talented with horses; even the most stubborn stallion would bend to his will. And because of his talents with the animals, he would give riding lessons to Princess Jocelyn and teach her all about horses because she loved them so.” Charles paused for a moment, he didn’t tell it as good as his mum did, with all her little actions and careful intonations…but he was trying. It was a good story! Really! All about true love: that even if you are part of the lowest class, maybe someone from the highest one will fall in love with you if you are worthy. It was a lovely tale for the children of servants.

“And as they grew up and spent more time together, they began to fall in love. He became the Stable Master, and she became betrothed to a prince in Northune; which is a many weeks journey from Berges. But months before the wedding, it became very clear that Princess Jocelyn was pregnant. Her father was furious; he knew it must have been the Stable Master, since that was the only man who spent time alone with Princess Jocelyn. Before the king could have David arrested and executed, the Princess warned him of her father’s plan and they fled the castle in the middle of the night and went into hiding. No one ever knows what happened to them, but mum likes to say they lived happily ever after in the countryside raising horses and their many children.”

The Knight Commander smiled kindly at Charles. Ah, the stories that the servants would tell their children!

“Yes, that is more or less just how it happened. And about five years afterwards, the King grew very very ill. While he was on his deathbed, he finally grew remorseful for causing his daughter to run away from home. He sent his Knights out to look for her with the message that he was sorry and that he loved her; much to the irritation of Tristan who said that Jocelyn had forfeited her right to be ruler by fleeing with a commoner. The king was nervous about giving the throne to his son; Tristan could be so cruel and was arrogant. Jocelyn on the other hand was kind but also fair, she would have made a lovely Queen. When the king died, Tristan kept up the search for his sister, claiming it was his father’s wishes. At about the same time, bandits began to burn and pillage villages on the outskirts of Berges.” Which had always confounded Geoffrey…he had never known why the bandits had burned the villages, usually they just looted them and killed a few people so that they could come back and loot them again later. “Tristan must have found out which village Jocelyn was living in and hired bandits to ransack several towns, then burn them to the ground so that the bodies couldn’t be identified. I found William in one such village.”

“I remember…my dad said he was going to go find my mom... He told me to hide in the stables and not make a sound…but he never came back.” William’s eyes grew a little glassy at one of the few memories he had of his father. He remembered very little of his parents in general…thinking about them always felt like trying to recall a dream that just slipped through his fingers. But…he remembered very clearly that his mother had loved to ride. She had gone into town to get medicine for one of the horses. And his father had hidden him in the stables… Wait…William was the child of Princess Jocelyn and her Stable Master, David?!?!

“No no no no no. This is insane, I’m not-” A Prince? A Lord? No noble titles wanted to come out of his mouth; this all was ludicrous! William shook his head, throwing up his hands and backing away from the Knight Commander who was insisting that William –must- be David’s son, they looked exactly alike! But this was all too much, the entire world had obviously gone mad! He was dreaming, and any moment he’d wake up from this silly dream of Princesses, dragons and newfound royalty. “I’m not meant to rule anything.”

“Aw that’s not true Sir.” Charles piped up. He didn’t seem too bothered with William’s new change of status. Prince or not, William would always just be Sir to Charles. “You commanded that batallion of militiamen against those bandits in the northern part of Berges, remember? That’s like ruling, right?”

“That was different! Those were soldiers!” What the hell was he supposed to do with civilians?!?! “And anyways…let’s forget about all that right now. There are bigger things to worry about.” William turned to Geoffrey. “Sir, almost –all- of the Knights of Berges are here. They want to storm the castle in order to free you. We need to get you out of here and show them you’re safe before Tristan does something stupid.”

“Right, yes of course.” The Knight Commander nodded in agreement. If they didn’t show the knights that Geoffrey was alright, chaos would break out. It wouldn’t matter that they had found Berges’ missing heir because there would not be a Berges to go back to once Argis was done leveling it to the ground. “Your Majesty, is there a safe way out of here? We must make sure the Knights don’t attack! Tristan must be revealed for the murderer that he is, but if we do not get out of here soon, all will be lost.”

Lenia could have curled up, listening to the little tale that Charles told after finishing the last click on Geoffrey's shackles. She paused, backing up carefully at Becca's side and slightly behind William, allowing Geoffrey to continue the story. Funny how similar it sounded to something else. She felt her cheeks grow warm before William began to put two and two together. It happened quickly, like a whirlwind of emotions and Lenia couldn't even blink fast enough for the Knight to panic, hands raised and in denial. His princess was silent. Was it.. truly that bad? If he was of royal birth would would he have to lose? But even as a prince of Berges, she was married to a different prince of Berges. Her heart sank.

But, when called upon, Lenia sprang back into the moment, looking to Geoffrey and thinking a moment, nodding. "Yes," she whispered and looked to Becca, whispering something to her before turning back. "There's a servants quarters old passage that I've been having Becca take. A different path down takes you to the outside if that's where you wish to go. Becca?" She nodded to her friend and hand maid who took the lead, swiftly escorting their new group in moist, damp, dark hallways that seemed frightening in some ways, but hopeful to know that they led outside to fresher air.

And they did! As Becca pushed forward then back on a gate, it revealed a stone corridor and eventually, finally a door to which revealed the gardens behind the castle leading outside. "Finally," Charles could be heard panting behind the princess. Lenia paused a moment as everyone walked out, making sure they wouldn't be seen. "Becca. Please go back in and secure the way. I'll join you in a moment." Her words must have sparked some interested in Geoffrey and in William as she turned back to them. It was extremely hard for her to do this, but it had to be done. Lenia was putting the people - both Berges and Argis first - above her own affairs. It was killing her. She wanted to vomit.

"As royal men of Berges, I refuse to go further. It would be..." Her eyes darted to Geoffrey, "Unwise for me to be here. I believe it would further instigate suspicion, revolt, and need for uprising. The last thing I wish is for unwanted blood shed for the house of Berges or Argis. So, with haste. Godspeed," her voice sounded so steady, so regal, but her eyes were dim and watery which William could have easily seen. She turned for the quarters and Geoffrey caught William's arm quickly, tugging even at his shoulder. "She's right, William. This is for our people now. You're a man, ah, no, a prince of Berges whether you like it or not. I know you still share the feeling of protecting civilians and the princess is only doing it in the way she can. I'm just worried about her in the castle with Tristan and Rickkard. We will have to tread lightly but quickly."

--

Lenia and Becca made it back into her room without any suspicions. When asked, Lenia blurted out, "horseback riding," far too quickly, but it seemed to get the job done and allowed the two young ladies to return to a sanctuary. Lenia changed into more comfortable attire and pressed her forehead against the glass. She missed him already. Was he angry without her? Closing her eyes, she pressed a hand to her stomach a brief moment before loud knocking arose on the door.

Rickkard entered in a fury, his neck in a brace and his nose having been patched up, had appeared all shiny and different in color. It disturbed her greatly, but Lenia stared instead at his wide eyes. "Lenia! You've been here this whole time! You're safe?" He seemed genuinely concerned which disturbed Lenia greatly. Nodding slowly, he hugged her before turning to the hallway and barking an order at one of the guards there. "Then stay here my precious flower. We shall crush anyone who opposes us."

Lenia bit her tongue and prayed with patience, things would turn out alright for the people of Argis and Berges. Even if she couldn't be with William, royalty or not... she would raise their baby as best as she possibly could. She would make Will proud of her and she'd do everything and anything to see his face one more time. That fire, that burning hot passion, that seemed to be cooling with the crushing blow of reality. She prayed this would not be their end.

William took a step forward as Lenia turned to leave, a hand reaching out to stop her. All he wanted to do was sweep her off her feet and take her away with him. To tell her he loved her above all else. It was selfish of him…but it was true. William had lived his entire life serving others, for once he just wanted something for himself…well not something in this case, but –someone-. He wanted his Lenia and he wished for them to be a family. No Rickkard, no kings, no princesses, no countries…just William and Lenia and their child. But before he could do or say anything, the Knight Commander grabbed him by the arm and William found himself being hauled away, looking longingly at the door that Lenia had disappeared behind.

I love you. Please…stay safe.

----

Through much sneaking, they had made their way past the walls and were now outside of Argis, walking towards an open field where almost 200 men were gathered. Well…not all -men-, there were very many boys gathered as well: Squires and Pages running about who would surely not participate in the fight, but were necessary in the preparation of their Masters for battle. As William, Charles, and the Knight Commander approached, the knights erupted into cheers, rejoicing that their leader was safe.

William earned himself several odd looks from the older Knights, whom which swore he looked like someone very familiar.

“I want another bargaining party sent into the castle to speak with the King of Argis. Tristan is to be arrested immediately, then we will bring him home and try him for the murder of his sister, Princess Jocelyn.” This news from the Knight Commander brought gasps and murmurs from the crowd of knights. Many of which were William’s age and only knew very few details of what had happened to Princess Jocelyn. “It has also come to my attention that Jocelyn’s son is still alive.” Geoffrey waved a hand over at William, who was growing rather nervous at the spectacle the Knight Commander was making of him. “Whether he rules or Rickkard does, the matter still stands that Tristan must be punished for his crimes.”

Several of the older knights, who had had David care for their horses, finally recognized William immediately as him, or rather, his son. This made William grow uncomfortable as older Knights began to bow to him. He didn’t want to be treated any differently than he had been before. He was a Knight! Nothing more, not a noble, not a Prince, just a Knight. Now that the Knight Commander was finished assigning patrols to various key points around the castle to watch for any attempt of Tristan’s escape, he herded William away to talk in private.

“William…I know you are reluctant to take your new power and responsibility. But you will do marvelously my boy… you have always put the people first. They -need- you now. You know that Tristan and Rickkard cannot be allowed to rule Berges any longer. There is already unrest with Tristan, imagine what would happen if his even more foolish son takes over the throne. You –must- accept responsibility as the true heir. The people will surely respect and follow you William, they all loved Jocelyn so…you are much like her: kind but fair and firm.”

“Sir…” William hesitated a moment. How was he supposed to tell his adopted father that he didn’t care about his duty anymore? All he cared about was Lenia and their unborn child. “I do not wish for the love of my people. I wish for the love of but one woman…and I want her to be safe. I want to go back to the castle.” Now he was more unsure of himself than ever. He had always been free to do as he pleased as long as his actions aligned with his Code and his honor. Sir William surely would have rushed back into the castle and hidden about the secret passages, ready to save Lenia if something should happen. But what the flying hell was Prince William supposed to do?!?!

“Ah…I thought I caught you and the Princess eying one another with longing.” The older Knight smiled and gently patted William on the shoulder. “Sometimes William, all you can do is have a little faith. If you and the Princess are meant to be together, it will be.”

William just sighed. Why was it the older generation always spoke of such things as fate and faith?

---

Tristan flew into a fury as one of his guards told him everyone had escaped. The Knight Commander was gone?! William was gone?! “HOW DID YOU IDIOTS LET THIS HAPPEN?! Get out! Guard the door.” The older man roared, his guards leaving him. He needed to think…and as he looked out his balcony window to try to collect his thoughts, he saw a small band of knights coming forward with white flags raised. Shit…

If they were coming back, that means they wanted -him-! They already had their precious Knight Commander, there was no other reason for them to be here. Geoffrey must have found out about William’s parentage...which means he must suspect Tristan for murdering his sister! He hadn’t –really- murdered Jocelyn. He had just paid some bandits a very hefty sum of gold to make sure they burned a few villages and left no survivors. Those men had killed her! Not Tristan! His hands were clean…even if his pockets weren’t.

But still…he needed insurance; a way to make sure that he and Rickkard could escape and go into hiding. Of course he would have to bring Rickkard with him, there would be no point in going back home if William and the Knight Commander staged a coup and had Tristan arrested. His marriage to the Princess was all but useless. His idiot son was already treading lightly with Arthur’s patience after the King of Argis had seen the wound on his daughter’s brow. How many times had Tristan told his son: if he was going to beat his woman, do it on a part of her body that would not be seen. Carelesss, idiot boy…

But perhaps…his son wasn’t –entirely- useless. At least he had managed to marry the girl before Arthur could call the whole arrangement off. That was something. Which meant that perhaps his son was with her right now! Yes! They could take her as hostage and escape! She was but one woman, how hard could it possibly be to subdue her? Then Rickkard just had to get her pregnant. Then once King Arthur croaked or Tristan had him assassinated, his son would be able to come back and rule all of Argis and then crush Berges and take that over too!

Tristan grinned, quite pleased with his new plan. He hurried off towards his son’s room. Well…the -Princess’- room, but she belonged to Rickkard now and everything of hers was now her husband’s.

“Rickkard! We must leave this place. The Knights have all gone mad! The Knight Commander is surely staging a coup as revenge for some silly little thing I did eons ago.” There, he’d give his son a better explanation later. Rickkard would surely understand the need to kill Jocelyn and David. They were weak, unfit to rule. A Princess marrying a commoner, it only proved how pathetic his older sister had been! Rickkard knew one must do what it takes to rise to the top after all, surely he would not regret Tristan killing an aunt he had never met.

Tristan smiled quite pleasantly as he turned to face Lenia, drawing his sword. “You will be escorting my son and I out of this castle. And do not think that I will not slit your pretty little neck if you refuse to obey me.” Tristan was very aware that he was a dead man without Lenia to shield him, he would not hesitate to ensure she met the same fate as him if she were as stupid as to disobey his wishes.

Lenia was quiet in her bedroom, sitting on her bed in silence. It was hard to have left William like that. She had hoped he would understand her decisions. Whether he liked it or not, he was now a royal too on a different side of the fence that was not her own. It bothered her and slender fingertips touched her brow that was starting to pound from the inside.

"A headache, ma'am?"

"Just a bit."

Becca poured her more tea and the gentle Princess thanked her taking a few more sips, asking if there had been any more notes from her aunt. Becca had received no raven's wing recently and Lenia only sighed, staring at her tea aimlessly. All this waiting was getting her nervous. Though it seems her nervous were shattered when the door erupted open and out appeared the dull Tristan to which he drew forth his sword, causing Becca to stand and Lenia to rise after, carefully. His words were uselessly. He wouldn't kill her, he needed her. And her eyes showed such; "Of course." Was all she replied and gently turned to Becca, whispering something to her softly while Tristan's tense shoulders slightly relaxed.

"If you'll pardon me, I'd like to change."

"There is no time."

"... as you wish."

Lenia asked for her cloak as Tristan grabbed her elbow, dragging her out of the room, Becca calling out after Lenia, demanding that Tristan show some respect for a future Queen and expecting wife. "It's fine, Becca," Lenia called, waving a hand and managing to wiggle her way out of his grip. He nearly yelled the halls for Rickkard to which he appeared with his guard and soon all went to the thron room to directly approach Arthur and his wife who were having an early dinner. "WHat's the meaning of this?" He looked to Lenia who seemed to stare right past him in her blank, but lovely face.

"Arthur, we are leaving. I feel personally unsafe with the commotion occurring outside of the boarders right now and as of late I believe the new prince and his beloved are in need of a vacation outside of both Argis and Berges boarders, don't you agree? Somewhere where even dragons can't reach them," Tristan added with jest and for some horribly sad and ironic reason, Lenia smiled to herself, closing her eyes. All she could think of was her William. He always found a place back in her life, over and over again. It truly was fate. Arthur looked confused and turned to his wife who looked to Lenia in equal confusion. They turned to Rickkard who hugged Lenia to his hip.

"With Lenia expecting our first child, her safety is of my most important concern," he added to which Lenia cringed only slightly, quickly, though continued to stare straight ahead, barely moving an inch. "If that is so, then.." Arthur didn't even have to finish his sentence. Tristan was already calling for his personal knights to start escorting his son and new daughter to the garage in the front of the castle, making sure that all guards would be on duty so that they could enter safely and be unharmed. Lenia felt her heart skip a beat. Something will happen. Don't lose faith just yet. You must play your role in the game for now. Taking a deep breath, she allowed herself to be dragged by Rickkard and stepped outside into the cool evening, in fear of what was to come.

Myrtle grumbled a bit to herself, looking down at her tea leaves for about the fourth time today. Hmm...the boys really had done a lovely job of picking her up some nice new cups and saucers. Unfortunately she couldn't even enjoy her brand new flatware because the fates were being awfully lazy this afternoon!

Tsk…Lenia being taken by Tristan. That won’t do at all. Surely the murderer would take her far away from here. How am I supposed to spend time with my grand-niece and teach her all about being a witch if Tristan takes them so far away?! Hmmph…and William is bound too tightly by his Code to run his sword through that cowardly wife beater. Such a stubborn young man, won't let his anger take over him even though this all would be much easier if he did!

With a great sigh, Myrtle picked herself up from her chair. It seemed as though she was going to have to give the fates a more stern kick in the rear end to get their lazy bones out of bed and off towards helping her niece!

---

“Sir! Scouts have reported a carriage leaving the castle.” A young Knight in light leather armor delivered the news to the Knight Commander who had been pacing back and forth. Waiting for something to happen was the worst part, but oftentimes it was the best course of action. Let your enemy make the first wrong move, that way he is all the easier to deal with.

“Send one of the patrols to see if it is Tristan trying to flee. And make sure they are careful. He may have taken hostages if he is being allowed to leave.” Geoffrey ordered and waved the young man off. Finally, it looked as though all their waiting was finally going to pay off.

William felt a great bit of pressure build up right behind the bridge of his nose. He winced at the sudden surge of pain that seemed to come from nowhere but managed to rattle throughout his skull and send nasty daggers of discomfort stabbing at his eyes. And then he heard it: the great beating of wings of a creature that was impossibly large, followed by the half shriek, half roar of a massive dragon. Oh no... Apparently the old saying is true: When it rains, it pours. Just when he thought this day could not possibly get any worse, it seemed that fate wanted to laugh at his and Lenia's misfortunes some more.

“S-sir!!!” Charles gulped as the dragon came into view. Looking as black as obsidian and just about as sharp as though it were made up of the shiny black stones, came a terrifying black dragon that roared and seemed to spit fire just for the fun of it. When he had asked Myrtle to summon a dragon, he didn’t mean for her to summon one straight from hell!!! Just a little one! Something that wouldn’t kill them all!

“Borrowing this, sorry!” William grabbed the reigns of the nearest horse and hoisted himself up into the saddle. Surely if the carriage had Tristan in it, then it must also have his son. And if that was the case…Lenia must be trapped in there with them. He needed to make sure she was safe! If he stood by and let the dragon eat her, he'd never forgive himself. Lenia meant the world to him...and even though he was fairly certain the dragon was far too big for him to deal with, Dragon Lord or not, he hoped that he could at least lead the beast away so that his lover could escape. William kicked the horse in the ribs, sending the animal galloping as quickly as it could towards the carriage leaving the safety of the city walls.

“William! It’s too dangerous!!” Geoffrey called after him. Was the boy mad?! He was going to get himself killed for the sake of love!

“William! Wait for me!” cried Charles as he too, stole the nearest horse, as well as a bow and quiver. Then he chased after his Master, leaving the Knight Commander there with his mouth slightly ajar.

“Form ranks! March towards the castle to aid Argis! White flags raised so they don’t think we’re attacking!” The Knight Commander shouted to his men. He couldn’t very well have his soldiers run after William and try to engage the dragon in an open field with no protection or strategic places for him to put his archers. Even for his beloved adopted son and future King, he could not bring himself to sacrifice every Knight of Berges for the sake of one man driven foolish by love. What on earth were William and Charles thinking?! Had the whole world gone insane?! A young knight and his squire surely would not be able to slay a dragon of that size!

----

There was a black carriage being drawn by four horses coming this way. Mmm…perhaps a little snack before searching the castle for shiny things? Yes…that sounded like a good plan. And carriages always had even more treats –inside- of them. As the dragon neared the carriage, it noticed that something was amiss. The little black box smelled…funny. No…funny wasn’t the right word. It smelled as if there was something –inside- the carriage that it wanted. Yes…that was better. Something special inside. So the dragon landed next to the black box being pulled by four, very scared animals; making the entire earth rumble and creating craters under it’s legs from it’s impressive weight. A clawed front hand took hold of the box to keep it still. Then with one bite, it ripped the entire top right off the carriage and swallowed it. Now very large, red eyes were staring down into it curiously.

The woman with raven locks and honey-brown eyes smelled…odd. It didn’t want to bite her; it wanted to know why she smelled so strange. Like…-fire- almost. –Dragon’s- fire. Not a strong smell as though it was hers...but almost like she had touched something that made the familiar scent. Were there -other- dragons around here? It did miss it's brothers so... It had been sleeping for so long until some strange magic had woken it up...and when it had woken up, all it's brothers were gone and it was the only one left in the mountains. So lonely...it -missed- others of its kind.

Hmmph...those men screaming around her…they were so loud. How could it think if they kept making such awful sounds and waving their glinty metal sticks around?

(OOC: Link was broken, says image won't show up D: )

Lenia took her seat slowly in the carriage, across from the two men in silence. So this was it then? There was still time to jump from the carriage and flee to her lovers side at a further distance, but if her feet were fast enough, she could make it. Though, due to her condition, it was probably not for the best. Constrained, she leaned her head against the glass and thought hard on this, squeezing her eyes tight. There must be another way.

And her prayers seemed to be answered in the most unusual way. She would not be leaving with these two idiots, in fact, they would be stopped right in their tracks. It began with a shrill cry from above before the ground slowly began to tremble. Lenia remembered seeing Rickkard's eyes widened, and instead of protecting his new wife and supposed child, he yelled out the window of the carriage for the guards to protect him and to get a move on! But the little black carriage was an easy sweep for the dragon. Lenia screamed, ducking once the roof chomped off and her body hunched forward.

Her beautiful hair swept around her face at the gush of wind as she stared up to the sky and came so very close to a beast that seemed to stare at her with the most crimson curious eyes. What? She turned to Rickkard who pulled his sword clumsily from his side, Tristan doing the same but with a braver face, trying to maintain his balance in the now half bitten carriage. The horses and guard once pulling it's force had all but fled. Lenia whimpered softly when the head of the dragon came near her. Don't move, don't move, don't move, the words repeated over and over within her pretty head and she allowed the dragon to examine her, his large head making it's way around the diameter of her body, staring a moment and sniffing at her belly.

"Please," she breathed softly and tried to reach out a hand to the dragon which seemed to alarm it. Lenia barely managed to touch it's pointed, sharp scales before an arrow grazed past one of it's horns. Lenia ducked when it reacted, the attack not doing much in pain's worth, but enough to draw the dragon's attention to a threat at hand in the way of it's new curiosity and further treasure. Lenia had to get back into the castle with her family too! She turned and stepped out of the near broken carriage to see William and Charles with his bow cocked, hurrying to close their distance. She called out to them, the dragon coming between the two of them and slowly rising to the air. It's wings flapped with powerful magnitude and amplified the sound waves to create a gush of wind to further the dragon's cry.

Lenia covered her ears to block out most of the sound and then turned to see Rickkard being approached by Geoffrey. Yes! There was one Berges down, now where was his other? Lenia intended to go back into the castle for her own safety (and that of her baby's) and to make sure her parents were safe, but a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him from behind. A sword came to her throat and Tristan dragged her to Geoffrey while William and Charles occupied the dragon, for now.

"Sir Geoffrey, release the new crowned prince or I shall cut the princess' throat in one clean cut."

"You wouldn't, I'm too valuable," Lenia hissed, but felt the metal press further to a point where just another pinch, and blood could be drawn. This wasn't good; she had to take care of herself and her body's worth now that she carried for two. It would be selfish to only consider herself. "Do you believe that, princess? I have everything I need. An alliance through marriage and a war on the horizon. What do I need a pretty little princess for?" Silencing herself, she knew her place and looked to Geoffrey, worried and wished she could look back to William to make sure he was alright. This was not the last image she wanted to see of him, should her throat be slit. Tears formed to cloud her vision when Tristan pushed her forward slightly, demanding that Geoffrey let Rickkard go.

"Knight Commander, I'm waiting!"

Geoffrey continued to hesitate and the sword began to prick the side of her creamy skin.

(OOC: Stop breakin mah links!! Umm…take that!! =D)

Epic-Screenshots-Skyrim-Dragon-Fire-HD-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

“Charles!!” William heard the feminine scream from the carriage as the dragon tore the roof right off of it. It –must- be Lenia! He’d never make it there in time! At least the dragon was taking its time looking inside of the carriage, perhaps contemplating if it should eat the occupants one by one or all at once.

“I’ve got it Sir!” Thankfully Charles heard William’s plea over the thud of their horses’ hooves. The young boy took careful aim before firing at the dragon’s head. They were so far off though that his arrow just grazed its horns rather than landing in its massive red eye that he had been aiming for. But that seemed to get the beast’s attention at least! Though…now both men were on the wrong side of a massive black dragon that appeared to not have appreciated getting shot at by arrows. Both Charles and William turned their horses around, charging back in the direction they had come from in order to escape the now fire-breathing monster and lead it away from the Princess.

But their steeds didn’t move nearly fast enough to evade the dragon. And before William knew it, he felt the beast’s hot breath and could feel the strong gusts of air that it’s flapping wings caused. Then the next thing he knew, he felt himself getting lifted up! The dragon had caught his armor in its teeth and was now carrying him away!! As the young Knight roared in protest and squirmed around, Charles panicked. If William got carried away to the dragon’s lair, they’d never get him back!!

“Sir!! I’ll get you down!” Charles took aim at the dragon’s head and fired. But he was so startled about what was happening and nervous that he’d miss, that of course he ended up hitting William instead of the beast.

“AGGHHH!!” William roared as Charles’ arrow missed the dragon and instead landed in his unarmored thigh. “STOP SHOOTING!!!” He growled, snapping the shaft of the arrow off and chucking it to the ground as he tried to figure out a way to get the dragon to put him down.

----

“Princess! Are you alright?” Geoffrey asked as he hurried up to grab Rickkard by the back of his shirt as the other man tried to flee. It didn’t take the Knight Commander long before he had taken Rickkard’s sword away and chucked it off so that the young Lord was unarmed and no longer a threat. Unforunately, while his attention had been so focused on subduing Rickkard, he had entirely missed Tristan sneaking up behind Lenia with his sword drawn. Now Tristan was making his ridiculous demands.

The Knight Commander hesitated, a strong hand still holding onto the young prince. If he let Rickkard go…they would take the Princess far from here and he would not be able to ensure her safety. Though if he didn’t let Rickkard go, he wouldn’t even have to worry about any of that because she would be dead. Tristan had effectively forced his hand and so with great reluctance, the Knight Commander released Rickkard who hurried over to the safety of his father’s side.

“You will not get away with this Tristan! I will see to it that both you –and- your son are charged with kidnapping the Princess!” And judging by Lenia’s old wound to her brow, he would add assaulting a woman to the very long list that of crimes that both men had committed; the father’s much more horrid than the son’s. But with any luck, the evidence that Rickkard was a disgrace of a husband would be enough to persuade the royal court to release Lenia from him. If not…well…they could continue to be husband and wife while Rickkard served his time in the dungeons.

----

“PUT ME DOWN!” William growled at the damned beast that was toying with him. The dragon didn’t seem to want to put him down; nor did it appear as though the monster wanted to eat him either. So he moved to grab his sword; maybe he could stab the thing and it would finally drop him. But as his hand closed around the hilt of his sword, his muscles locked firmly in place and he couldn’t draw his blade. What the hell was going on?!

”Dragon Lord…”

What the flying hell was that?! That’s it. He’d finally lost it. He was hearing voices that were coated in animalistic growls! But then the voice showed him pictures…images of other dragons in their home in the mountains and the young knight immediately knew that the voice came from the dragon that held him. The mountains were going to be William’s new home? They were going home… What?! No! –That- wasn’t home! Home was with Lenia! And so William searched his mind for images of his darling lover, trying to show the dragon where home was. Home was with his beloved Princess, not in some lonely mountain range.

The dragon seemed to understand. It’s home was now with this strange little Dragon Lord that smelled like the fiery beasts and whose mind was open enough to receive a dragon’s thoughts. It was good…the big black dragon was just so lonely…it would be nice to have some company and someone to talk to now. So the large dragon turned back around, flying towards the woman with raven hair and honeyed eyes that the Dragon Lord seemed to be so fond of.

It landed close to the gathering of people, making the ground tremble as it’s feet hit the ground. It released William from it’s teeth before taking several steps closer to the three men and one woman. It’s massive head was moving towards Lenia, mouth slightly open. All it wanted as to pick her up and move her away from the silly other men so she could be with the the Dragon Lord that said this woman meant home. What a curious little creature…all these male potential mates were fussing over something so pale and delicate. She didn’t even have big teeth or horns to protect babies with…humans were very odd indeed. Large red eyes caught the glint of metal and the dragon’s attention was drawn to Tristan. What a lovely shiny stick with gems in the hilt…

“Eat her! Not me!” Tristan panicked as the dragon swung around to face him. A hostage would do him no good if the dragon ate him first. So he lowered his sword and pushed Lenia forward towards the massive beast, quickly backing away.

Eat? Well it was pretty hungry… The dragon lowered its massive black head, sniffing at Lenia with it’s steamy breath. This woman smelled…like she had something inside. More things inside of the big thing…it couldn’t eat the little thing inside. That wouldn’t be very nice.

“HEY! Hey hey hey! She is -not- food!” William finally limped his way over to position himself between Lenia and the dragon.

What a strange dragon lord. Didn’t he know that dragons did not eat pregnant things? It was disrespectful to the food to eat things that were in such a stage. But the man running away…it could eat that. Plus the man had a handsome sword…that would look good in it’s nest. The dragon didn’t even need to move all that much to catch Tristan in his teeth and put him into his massive mouth.

“WHOA! DON’T EAT THAT!” William barked. Tristan didn’t deserve a quick and painless death. He deserved to be stuck in the dungeons for the rest of his days.

”Why not? Is he poison?” The dragon seemed to hesitate, unsure if it should swallow the man whole or not. The little man –did- have a not very nice taste. Not like farmers…farmers were delicious.

“You could say that I suppose…” Good Lord, he probably looked like a madman talking to a giant lizard. “Put him down, please?”

And the dragon opened it’s massive maw of a mouth, letting a very disgusting looking Tristan tumble to the ground. The older man was coated in sticky dragon saliva and looking worse for the wear. Thankfully he was unconscious. He must have been so terrified when the monster swallowed him that he had passed out.

Back
Top Bottom