Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossing Worlds (Minako2012 and Nekrosilisk88)

"Well thanks again." She said as she took a bite of her eggs "This is great."

It was very unusual she doubted that the pans had ever been used before actually. All of this was mostly for show she and Mark usually spent their days and nights at headquarters. There were times when they stayed in the apartment but that was usually just to sleep.

"Well...today we gotta see Kindrell...I have to tell him that you're helping us...and that it's my father doing the killings..." She said running a hand through her hair "He's going to be pissed about that..."

Kindrell had way too many details on who her father was and there were things that she didn't even know. This case was gong to be complicated and she had no idea what it meant for all involved.

"Then we've gotta talk to the Kingsley kid..." She said with a shudder.

Josef nodded as he chewed his breakfast. This was going to be his first time meeting with Brimstone. Problem was also that he wasn't just representing himself, but also the department. He figured that he was going to have to put up a strong enough front to show he wasn't to be fucked with, but he also had to restrain the attitude enough so he didn't look like a loose cannon and embarrass the department while he was at it.

He looked over at Lina and sighed. "Anything I should know about Kindrell, or hell Brimstone in general? Probably shouldn't make myself look like too much of an ass as soon I set my foot in the door."

He finished wolfing down his breakfast and leaned on the table with his hands folded together. He was more business than usual this morning, but given everything that was happening anyone who knew him would understand why his mind seemed a bit more preoccupied.

She leaned back sipping from her coffee cup. Kindrell and Brimstone went hand in hand. He'd founded Brimstone, well shaped into the agency it was today.

"Well you'll need to address him as Commander," She said "And don't stare at his wings."

When he finished she stood up and gathered the didhes to clean them up.

"He's a hardass," She added "As for Brimstone, well it's a small part of a larger government. We're kinda like I terpol and the Police rolled into one. We enforce our laws, and try to keep the Mundanes from finding out we exist."

It wasn't an easy job, and they tended to have to wipe memories more often than they wanted to.

"Mark and I are Investigators. But we have more than that we have Analysts, Missing Persons, and standard Enforcers" She turned drying a plate "You'll have to sign a confidentiality waiver, if you don't then your memory will be wiped and you won't be part of this investigation."

She wasn't keen on that happening, it'd be useful to have more cops on the side of Brimstone. Especially for public murders, they couldn't hide from the Mundanes forever after all.

Josef nodded his head. Sounded like he was going to have to do this as by the books PR. "Sounds like a more hardass version of Franks. I'll try to keep it professional, but I'm not going to let my self get pushed around. As for the confidentiality, same thing we already agreed on. As long as it isn't blatantly illegal, and it makes sense, it's going in my reports. That said most supernatural shit wouldn't definitely fall under makes no real sense, so I have a feeling I'm going to need to get creative with my reports anyway."

As she dried the dishes he helped put them away. He was fairly quiet now since his mind was still trying to process everything that had happened recently, and how in hell he was going to explain everything that happened. There was also the matter of where he was stopping on the way today. After everything was put up he went back to the guest room and made sure he was prepped for the day.

Once she was ready, he went out to the car, stooping briefly outside, he pocketed a stone before getting into the car and starting the drive to Hell's Kitchen. "We're heading to St Mary's right?"

((Sorry for errors I'm typing this on a cell phone, and the wait))
She finished getting ready, double checking to make sure she was armed. The last thing she wanted was to be caught by surprise again. She'd let her emotions get the better of her yesterday and it could have gotten her or Josef killed. That couldn't happen again, it wouldn't happen again.

She followed Josef out to the car glancing around for any sign of immediate danger before.getting in and buckling up. He didn't mention going to see his family so she opted not to remind him about that.

"Yeah, Saint Mary's" She said "It's the front for Brimstone HQ".

She didn't talk much, there were alot of things resting on her mind about the evidence and what her father could be planning. It had to have a pattern, he hated humans and mythics being together sure. That just didn't seem like the only or best explanation.

As Josef pulled into the small chunk of Manhattan with the eponymous name he let go a sigh. This was never an easy day for his family. In some ways he figured it was rougher on his mother since he'd followed his father into the same profession that had killed him. He pulled over still several blocks from the church that was their destination. He looked over at Lina as he unbuckled.

"I'm going to be a bit so you can wait in the car or get out and stretch. Anything comes up just holler. I'm just going to be in the alley." He got out of the car and stepped into the alley. The area had changed so much since that day. 20 years had passed since then. Hell's Kitchen had still been a ghetto and a cesspit, but you wouldn't guess it looking at the place now. It had come a long way.

He stopped at one point in the alley, and knelt. He still remembered coming here with his mother shortly after it had happened and the memory welled up every year when he came back. Someone had taken his father out, and they'd never managed to find who did it. He placed the stone he'd picked up earlier and placed it on the ground where his father's corpse had lain.

"Yit'gadal v'yit'kadash sh'mei raba," he began, "b'al'ma di v'ra khir'utei, v'yam'likh mal'khutei b'chayeikhon uv'yomeikhon..." It was recognizlbe as the Mourner's Kaddish, and as the prayer came forth so did the memory replaying itself vividly in his mind. as he finished he shook his head. He looked up at sky and smiled. He started talking, not quite a mutter, but it was definitely muted to where someone just passing by wouldn't catch what he was saying.

"Hey Aba. Been a hell of year, especially recently. Really got myself into a cooking pot this time. You know that though. You're up there with him watching me. Part of how I know I'm still safe. I know the two of you are keeping a weather eye open so I can be. Got one problem I'm not sure what to do with though. I know Imah is going to have a cow if anything comes of it, but I'm not sure how you'd react.

Got this girl I met recently. Real cute, and I like her. She's got her share of problems, but we all do. I'm not sure if I should try chasing after her or not. She's a Shiksa Goddess for sure, and I think I'd be lucky to catch her, Imah's wrath aside. Not sure how wise it would be though. Point aside I'm working with her on my current case there are some other complications I don't have time to get into, but He knows what those are. Not really expecting an anser but its nice talking to you about this stuff, helps me sometimes. It'll all work out one way or another. Well need to go for now. I'll catch you later."

He left the stone where he'd placed it, and stood returning to the car.

((Still on the phone))
She glanced over when they stopped noticing that they weren't at St. Mary's. She was about to ask but he didn't leave much time for her to question so she watched him leave.

Josef was being observed from the moment he entered the alley. He'd known about this place, and could have taken out Josef if he wanted to. He needed the half-breed and the human both alive for the foreseeable future. Though, now he had a bit of leverage should things start taking a bad turn for him. As soon as Josef left, he stepped from his hiding place and picked up the pebble with a grin.

Lena had decided to spend hee time waiting to jot down what she knew, organize her thoughts a bit before meeting her boss. She didn't look up until Josef was coming back immediately picking up on the more sombre look to him.

Josef got back into the car and started the engine. He took a breath a forced a smile. It was still going to be a bit before he was back to his usual self, but having gone through the annual ritual, he was feeling a least a little better.
“Sorry ‘bout that. Come here every year to remember. I know most people prefer the graveyard for this kind of thing, but somehow seeing the way this place has cleaned up makes it seem less senseless.”

He started them back towards St Mary’s. He scratched at the stubble on his face briefly, he was going to have to grab some razors so he could shave on the way back. When he pulled into the parking lot to the church he nodded to her.
“I’ll let you take the lead here.“

"I understand" She said.

She would do the same if her mother had died. Instead she wasn't allowed to visit. Mark was the only one their mother would let near her. It had taken Lina a few years to get used to it but sometimes.it still hurt.

St. Mary's looked like a standard Cathedral on the outside, if not outright abandoned and falling apart. The Gargoyles on the outside were all cameras that watched each entrance.

"First you need to pull around back, if people are parked here it'll draw attention" She said.

The parking in back looked like a trashed garden. Lina guided Josef into the very large parking garage. Her amulet let them pass through the barrier, otherwise they'd have just passed right through woth a bit of disorientation. A special precaution against any Mundane finding the place.

"From the Garage we take the elevator to the entrance and I'll sign you in...uh we may need a teeensy drop of...blood...it's standard guest procedure..." She said.

Josef nodded and pulled the car around back. As they pulled into the garage he felt a chill run down his spine and shivered briefly. Brushing it off as just nerves, he found someplace to park and got out of the car.

"SO for blood are we talking just a little prick on the finger, or am I doing some ritual song and dance with a dripping knife in my hand?" He shot her grin let her know he was joking around about the last bit.

Lina chuckled, "That's only if you come to the Christmas party."

She took the lead to the elevator taking them down to the lobby. The layout was a bit weird but it was standard precaution. The only way into the facility for outsiders was the lift.

"No one here is glamoured" She said "So try not to stare...especially at the Gorgons."

The elevator itself opened into a very large entryway with hardwood floors and what looked like oak decor. Lina led Josef toward a young woman of average height with feathered wings dangling from her arm and a lower half that looked kind of like a Parrot

"See you made it back in one piece" She said looking at Lina.

"This time" Lina gestured to Josef, "I'm here to sign in a guest Bridgit."

Bridgit looked at Josef her eyes looking him up and down.

"Good for you honey."

Lina rolled her eyes, "Just get the paperwork the boss is expecting us."

Bridgit nodded turning around to.grab something out of a cabinet. She set three papers down pointing to each one, "Yer a Mundane so confidentiality agreement, guest form, and lawsuit waver."

Back
Top Bottom