Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Land- Lady/Moon

Phedre made a face at him as they started to run, looking annoyed with being forced to run, even if she understood. "Why learn to fight, when I can just freeze someone to death?"She asked, finally speaking of what was bothering her. she had been afraid for so long of hurting someone with her power, that she needed to know that she wouldn't do it by accident, or could fight in another way if she needed to

he glanced at her. "because sometimes Magic can't save you." he stated simply. "if you are hurt, in shock, tired, or used too much already, you may find yourself cut off from that part of you. haven't you ever had the flu, and found yourself unable to feel that part of yourself? sometimes even a simply cold? not to mention, you have to actively WANT to hurt someone with that power as old as you are now. you might have had a few accidents as a child, where you're magic reacted without you're permission in very dangerous situations, but you have too much control over your magic now for that to work. and being who you are, i highly doubt you would ever willingly WANT to hurt someone with your power." he admitted simply. "you can't always depend on Magic to save you, because it won't always be there."

“Yes, now that you mention it. It was…weird, and it made me feel even worse to not be able to touch that part of me.”She said as they jogged, looking to relieved to know that she had to want to hurt them now, to be able to do that. Even if she wouldn’t admit to killing a classmate, he knew she had hrut someone. Smiling slightly as she nodded.”Okay, well, I will work on getting in shape.”She said thinking about it, before sighing softly.

he smirked a little and nodded. "i hate it too. i almost died because i was sick when i got attacked." he admitted. "i was only ten at the time, and i was too dependent on my magic to protect myself." he grinned wryly. "i'm certainly not about to let you make that mistake." he pointed out as he sped up, forcing her to speed up as well. he wasn't even breathing heavy. he was so used to running like this almost every day that it didn't even bother him at all. they ran until she got tired and only when she felt miserable did he finally stop. "you did a lot, lot better than i thought you would." he admitted with a grin. "take a moment to catch your breath."

Phedre glared up at him through the fall of her white blond hair, looking annoyed as she rested her hands on her knees as she panted. "REally?"She said looking pleased at his praise, though annoyed that he thought she'd quit long before.

he smiled a little at her and nodded. "yes, honestly i didn't realize you'd have such endurance. most people can't run like that. especially the 'modern' person. especially teenagers." he admitted with a smirk. "my sister can't even match what you just did," he admitted wit a small chuckle. "there's no need to glare at me anyway." he stated, shaking his head as he watched her. "alright, sit down and i'll show you some things." he stated patting a realistic looking Dummy that was standing there, as if mocking her. "now then, when fighting anyone, the place you want to aim for is the groin." he ordered. "strike hard and fast with as hard of a part as possible. elbow, knee, foot, fist, something harsh and bony to make the most pain as possible. if you cannot reach the groin, go for the kidneys on the lower back. this will make the air leave their lungs and will cause enough pain to make their eyes water making it hard to follow. if possible, attack the legs as well, breaking or damaging a leg, particularly the shin, will make it hard for them to follow you. it will slow them down." he stated, tapping the dummy's leg with his foot. "if aiming for the face, don't go for the nose, while it will hurt them a hell of a lot, it it better to aim for the eyes. punch the person there, poke them, claw at their eyes, it will make it very hard for them to see, making it hard for then to follow. and if possible, also hit the throat, it will make it hard for them to breath, which can become a distinct advantage as well. do you understand so far?"

“I was left on my own a lot. Nothing much but to run around and exercise.”She said shrugging a little looking amused before settling down on the ground. Looking up at him before watching him with the dummy, nodding slightly.”Groin, kidneys, eyes and throat. I think I can remember that.”She said sounding thoughtful as she considered what it was like. She didn’t want to hurt anyone,even if she knew it would save her, it scared her to consider thinking about needing to hurt someone.

he smiled a little at her. "now, keep in mind, none of these attacks will ever actually kill someone." he warned her. "the point of all of this is so that you can get away, and to keep your enemy from coming after you." he stated simply. "a Snow Princess should not be tainted, after all. you are pure, like the winter snow. it is not in your nature to be able to kill, so instead i will teach you how to subdue and escape." he promised her. "now then. stand up. i'm going to attack you, and you, are going to attack whatever is the most vulnerable. me eyes, my throat, my groin, or my kidneys. don't worry about hurting me." he promised her picking up a bag and wrapping a thick black protective 'vest' around himself. it covered his throat, his chest, his groin and his lower back, meaning she could hit him without hurting him. and just to round things off, he flicked a sort of mask over his eyes. there where eye holes so he could see, but there was no way she could actually hurt him. granted, he was putting this stuff on more for her than him, even if she managed to hurt him, he'd recover in a night. he knew she wouldn't hit him though, unless he was protected. "ready?" he demanded before rushing her, wondering what she'd go for.

“Well, I’ll let you kill them.I’ll just run away.”She said smiling a little at him before looking at the wintery snow, shaking her head a little, looking lost in thought before standing. Frowning at him.”I don’t want to.”She said looking annoyed, before looking relieved as the man started suiting up. “Ready.”She muttered yelping a little as he started towards her, a hand coming up and aiming for his throat even as she stumbled back a step to get away from him.

he halted as she struck his throat and his eyes lit up. "very good!" he stated. "i hadn't expected that, most people still hesitate, even though i'm wearing this." he admitted, tapping the thick padding he had put on. "hesitation can cost you your life. if you hesitate, you will die, and the Magic, and the Winter Lands will die with you." he warned, staring at her with soft eyes. "even if you have to hurt someone, it is best for your people to hurt them and come out alive. especially when injuries like the ones you can cause, can easily be healed." he informed her. "now. i think it's time for a break. let's get you to a shower and then we'll have some lunch. we'll do more tomorrow." he promised her, pealing off his suit. "after lunch, me and Ali will show you what a real fight looks like." he offered her with a smirk. "we're due for a rematch after she trounced my ass last time."

Phedre bit her lip as she looked up at him.”You said I couldn’t hurt you.I decided to trust you. And you were coming at me…”She said shrugging a little before looking pleased that he thought she was doing well. Nodding a little at his plan she smiled.”I would like that. I’d like to be able to see how a fight really is supposed to go.”She said looking pleased with the idea as they headed inside.

he grinned and led her to her room where she could take a shower. he and Alexis gathered lunch for all of them while Morrigan waited to assist Phedre, if the girl needed assistance anyway. "so how are you settling into the castle Morrigan?" Alexei asked with a small smile. "are you adjusting well?" he asked. being that Morrigan was one of the 'ladies in waiting' to Phedre, that meant his duty extended to her as well. he wanted to make sure that everyone Phedre was fond of was happy, healthy, and protected after all. Alexis came in wearing sweatpants and a tight tank-top and she was bandaging her fists with medical tape, making certain that she wouldn't break or bloody her fingers. "you ready to get your ass kicked Brother?" she asked with a smirk as she pulled her hair up into a tight bun. Alexei snorted. "you wish Sister. i'm going to use you like a mop!"

Morrigan smiled pleased with him asking, and happy with serving phedre. Even if she was not aware that she was the snow princess, it still pleased her to be helpful to her. Even if phedre had kicked her out of the bathroom while she showered, saying she was capable of showering and getting ready by herself.”I am getting used to it. It’s nice here.”She said smiling a little before looking wide eyed a little at alexis’ appearance. It was a weird thought to see a woman preparing to fight. “You look fierce.”Phedre teased as she stepped out of the bathroom, towel drying her hair, dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweater, looking comfortable and relaxed

Alexei smiled at Morrigan. "it's good that you're happy here. Phedre is a wonderful woman, and a very special one at that." he admitted with a smile before laughing at her wide eyed appearance at Alexis's appearance. "of course i look fierce! i get to turn my loving brother into rubble!" "not if i turn you into paste!" Alexei chirped, looking smug. "you managed to beat me only forty two times. i've won forty three! so that means i'm better!" "no it doesn't! it just means that you have a fat head!" they bickered for a few more moments as they left the room, heading down to a massive room with mats all over the floor. "Phedre and Morrigan will be the judges." Alexei stated. "every hit landed earns us a point." he explained. "if you're not sure if we actually hit the other, then it doesn't count. at the end whoever scored the most points will win." Johnathon was there as well, keeping his eye on things as well. the twins never really hit each other hard, but it was best to watch in case of accidents. like the time Alexei had broken his leg slipping on a wet spot. or the time Alexis got a concussion from tripping off the mats.

Phedre and morrigan both were wide eyed and looking amused at the twins arguing, nodding seriously as they were charged with judging. “Settling into the chairs phedre smiled a little, though she looked nervous. She didn’t want to see either of them get hurt, even if they were doing this for her benefit so she can see how a real fight could go.”Welll, begin when ready.”she said smiling slightly as she looked at them.

both the twins nodded and smirked at each other as they both slid into their beginning stances. they both looked at Phedre and nodded, waited a moment to make sure everyone was ready, and then launched into attack. they punched, kicked, blocked, and dodged each other. it was easy to see that they where both holding their attacks, hitting only hard enough to make it count, save one where Alexis stumbled during a swing and nailed her brother right in the eye. they both called penalty on that and paused to explain that groin hits and face hits where penalized even if it was an accident. Alexis lost five points and they resumed their fight. at the end it was Alexei who was being pinned to the ground, left wrist pinned to his neck, squealing like a wounded rat as he tapped out. he scowled as he was let up and he rubbed his arm and shoulder. "Alexis wins." he grumbled, annoyed. "Pinning your opponent and making them tap out is an auto win." he grumbled. "damn Alexis that hurt!" he complained, Alexis snickering. "we're tied now brother love. and you'll be fine, you always are you big baby."

Phedre looked amused even as she watched the two coming closer, looking relaxed even as she moved in front of alexei.”Are you okay?”She asked pausing, before reaching out and gently touching his shoulder. Gentle, icy cold fingers gently pressing into the sore muscles. Looking more anxious about him then interested in the fight. Poor phedre, developing feelings for her bodyguard, and not even aware of it.

he grinned a little at her. "yeah i'm fine. this isn't the first time she's CHEATED!" he stated, yelling that last part so that Alexis could hear him. she just started to laugh. "It isn't cheating if there isn't any RULES!" she yelled back before leaving to get changed, Alexei grumbling as he leaned into the cold hand. "mmm that feels really nice." he admitted with a smile. "anyway, that's what a fight between people who know what they're doing looks like." he admitted with a grin. "me and Alexis have a fight about every month, just to make sure that we don't go rusty." he admitted. "we stay pretty much tied." he was as unaware of the growing feelings as Phedre was, much to Johnathon's amusement... and concern.

“Well, its good to know you two can still be friendly after fighting.”She said looking amused before looking pleased as he leaned into the hand.”Good.”phedre smiled, muttering slightly to spell the muscles cool,but not frozen, as if he was holding a ice pack against his shoulder before stepping back.”Lets go inside. I’m sure Johnathan has something I should be learning.”She said making a face.

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "me and my sister are always fighting, though it's usually verbal." he admitted with a small grin, sighing as he rotated his arm. "that feels a lot better! thanks Phedre." he admitted with a small smile. "i wonder if you have healing capabilities? some do you know." he admitted as he hopped to his feet and stretched out the other muscles so he didn't seize up. "indeed i do have something for you to learn My Lady." Johnathon commented with a smirk. "but that can wait until tomorrow. no doubt you are sore after your first workout." he stated calmly. "a hot bath would be good for you. and Alexei? i must have a word with you." Alexei sighed but nodded as he waved his hand. "let me get dressed and i'll meet you in your office."

“Hm, maybe. It might just be I can make it like a ice pack.I dunno.”She said shrugging a little looking bemused at the idea as they headed towards the castle, frowning slightly as she looked up at Johnathan.”Okay then. Now that you mention it, I would like a bath. I’ll see you later alexei.Alexis.”She muttered grinning as she headed up to her rooms to settle in with a book and bath as she waited for alexei to return from his meeting.

he smiled a little. "it still helps a lot." he admitted with a nod. "it makes the pain all numb so i'm not in so much pain. it's still stiff, but that's a good thing, otherwise i'd do it more damage." he admitted with a small chuckle before frowning at Johnathon a little as Morrigan and Phedre went inside. he joined them an hour later, looking vaguely disturbed and he blinked at Phedre. "Johnathon said that it's not proper for me to sleep in your room anymore when you have a lady in waiting to scream for you if you're in trouble. so i'll be moving into the room right across the hall." he informed her. "i'm taking my mattress." he stated, grabbing the corner and attempting to drag it out of the room with only the one arm. "Morrigan can have my bed." he promised with an impish grin. "Johnathon insisted on getting a new mattress and bedding for it once he found out i refused to give up this particular mattress."

Phedre looked startled at the announcement, frowning slightly. It wasn't that she wanted him close because she thought something was going to happen. it was just,well, she still felt very alone in this country, with only a few people she knew, and she wanted to keep him close, and she didnt know morrigan well."Okay. Well, morrigan, lets give him a hand."She said looking amused as the young girl grabbed a corner, the younger girl looking bemused at phedre's strong reaction to having the man move just across the hall

in all Honesty, Alexei was very upset, but he was too good at hiding these things. it wasn't just moving out of Phedre's room that they had talked about. it was warning Alexei not to get too close, emotionally, to Phedre. because she was the Snow Princess and it was forbidden for the Guides ad the Keepers to fall in love with the Snow Princess... but it was too late for that. Guides fell in love, or even liked people, very rarely. they where always loyal to their family and to the Snow Princess and trust was hard to gain. he had fallen in love with Phedre, and now... he knew nothing would ever become of it. he got himself settled into his new room and sighed as he sat down on the comfortable mattress and studied the floor, wondering if the ache in his chest would go away someday, or if it would only get worse when Phedre found a mate.

A few months later Phedre smiled nervously as she tugged at the long bell sleeves of her icy blue dress, looking up at alexei as he came into the room. Despite looking like a wintery princess, and having trained for this moment for months, she was still deathly scared of attending the ball where they announced who she really was.”Are you sure this is a good idea?”She muttered looking up at him.

Back
Top Bottom