Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Land- Lady/Moon

Phedre frowned a little as she realized she was amusing them, her shoulders slumping a little. “oh good. Cause I’m not good at pleasing people.”She said smiling a little, following them inside, the words said in a careless words that said that she was so used to get mocked, or ridiculed for trying her best, that it barely even registered anymore. Raising her eyebrows she smiled a little.”Wow. I would like that. I like reading.”She said pleased with the idea, because books had been her only friends for so long. “Well, I shall try to do my ancestor justice, but I am not sure I will be able to be what you need.”She said pausing outside her rooms, looking up at the two men anxiously.

Johnathon and Alexei smiled at her. "it is not your job to please people anymore. it is their job to please you." Johnathon stated simply with just a touch of arrogance. "i will have the Histories delivered to you in the morning then." he promised as he watched her pause, his head tilted. "don't be silly child. you don't need to live up to the previous rulers. it has been over five hundred years after all, they wouldn't have any idea what they where doing in this day and age. we need someone just like you." he assured her. "and even if we didn't, we have no choice." he stated with a sniff. "it is our task to make sure you are happy, no matter what, so i won't have you sacrificing anything of yours to the people unless that is truly what you desire to do." he ordered firmly. "i care little for the kind of ruler you will be. a kind benevolent one, a tyrant, it doesn't matter in the least. what matters is that you are here, you are happy, and you are safe." "...your such a long winded bastard." Alexei complained as he looked at Phedre. "look, for right now, you don't need to worry about being a monarch at all. all you need to worry about is settling in, and getting comfortable. you have me and Johnathon to help when it finally get's down to you being the ruler, alright?"

and with that, Johnathon opened the doors and let her inside. the room was gorgeous, covered in a thick fluffy rug so soft it was like stepping into silk fur. a bed big enough for ten was in the middle of the room and a massive balcony overlooked the castle grounds. there was an attached bathroom with a tub big enough to comfortably seat five, and a shower that looked as if it was made from pure marble. everything was simply gorgeous and rich. "This is the Princesses room. if you dislike it, there are many other's to choose from" Johnathon promised as he watched her reaction. "we will be sure to get you a full wardrobe in the morning. from jeans and t-shirts, to ball gowns." he promised her. "i will leave you to sleep now." he promised her, bowing and leaving and Alexei sighed. "he's such a bossy man." he grumbled before turning to Phedre. "do you need anything Lady Winter?" he asked, watching her intently. "do you wish for me to sleep in here tonight or to leave? it is customary for me to stay in the same room as you, but i can't see us needing that level of security just yet."

Phedre looked up at him, tilting her head a little.”o-okay. I will try to be what I am, and not change.”She said looking relaxed, calming as she considered what they wanted her. They just wanted her to be happy. Looking amused at alexei’s words she giggled a little before nodding.”Alright. I will work on being happy here. It cant be worse then at home.”She said looking thoughtful before stepping inside. Looking amazed at the rooms before she smiled pleased, and even more there was a slight chill to the air, “IT is fine. Perfect really.”She said looking around her, glad to see that she was going to have a beautiful place, a wonderful place.

Startled out of her reprieve at alexei’s words, she turned to look at him, biting her lip a little. “No, I cant think of anything.”She said before thinking over his question. “You c an stay. Please. I do not like being alone.”She said wanting him there because he was the only person she really knew, Johnathon she knew yes, but he was older. Alexei was her age ,or almost, and she wanted comfort of someone else’s presence.

he smiled at her. "good." he stated firmly, looking pleased. "and it better not be worse than your home!" he growled. "i'll slap around anyone that dares be mean to you." he growled, his eyes flashing in annoyance at her previous home. her parents, the people who should have loved and encouraged her and hadn't. well she had a new family now! "i'm glad you like it." he admitted happily. "Johnathon worked very hard to make the room as perfect as possible.... personally i think he went a little overboard in removing all of the old flooring and furniture, but there's no arguing with him when he gets like that." Alexei admitted with a smile. "he's very excited to have you here... he's been a bit lost without someone to look after." he admitted before nodding and bowing to her. "As you wish, my lady." he chirped, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes as he hopped over to a small blank section of the wall and opened a door, and a Cot fell out. at least she knew he wouldn't have to share the bed with her now. and the Cot was really almost the size of a Twin bed. in fact... it looked more like a very soft Twin mattress. well at least he wouldn't be uncomfortable. he drug the mattress over where it wouldn't be in the way and studied it for the moment and then. "...hmm... i think i might steal this." he muttered, looking amused. "it looks more comfortable than my own bed." he grumbled. "figures." he complained with a small snicker. "i am SO yelling at Johnathon for this."

Phedre laughed looking amused at alexei’s words as she curled her toes into the soft carpet, shaking her head. “No, its perfect. The cool feel is wonderful.”She said looking pleased with it before laughing as she looked at the bed, looking startled as he let it drop. Smirking a little he looked amused. “You can just stay here. Your my bodyguard right?You’re supposed to stay here.”She said looking amused before she sat down on the bed herself, preparing to get comfortable and relaxed. “Well, at least you get a comfortable bed now.”

he chuckled a little and nodded a bit. "i'm glad that you like it. Johnathon will be very happy too." he admitted before smirking. "eventually you're going to want some privacy." he admitted. "but you do have a point. this is my bed now." he decided with a sniff. "so you're just going to have to deal with it." he ordered with a smirk as he dragged the bedding out of the little hidden room and made his mattress up properly. "i always have a comfortable bed, but this one is practically heavenly." he admitted with a chuckle as he peeled off his shoes and set them in the corner, out of the way. "do you wish to stay up for a while, or go to sleep?" he asked her, his head tilted. "did you bring Pajamas or should i send for some?"

“Well, that’s true. I am sure I wont want to be with you all the time.”she said looking amused as she glanced at him, sighing softly. Leaning back against the headboard she sighed softly, “We should probably get some sleep.”She said as she took her shoes off, running her fingers through her hair before smiling slightly.”I need some. Can you send for some?”She said after a moment looking bemused as she considered how different her life had become in a single day.

he offered her another grin. "yes. wouldn't want to be in the same room when you start to date." he teased with a snicker. "how awkward would that be?" he mused as he stood up and flipped his phone open, sending a text to someone. "the Pajamas will be here soon." he promised, yawning a little, though he hid it with the back of his hand. like promised there was a knock on the door and Johnathon was there holding a beautiful set of pajamas. white pants with pale blue snowflakes all over them, and a shirt that was the same. there seamed to be a theme and Alexei seamed to have noticed it because he rolled his eyes, called Johnathon a few choice words and handed Alexei the Pajamas and stepped outside so she could get dressed in private. when he came back in, he was dressed in pajamas as well... of a sort. loose shorts and a baggy T seamed to be what he intended to sleep in. "get comfortable and i'll turn out the lights Lady Winter." he assured her, smiling as he waited for her to snuggle into bed. he flipped off the lights, and the ceiling lit up with dozens of dim, tiny glowing dots... it was like looking up into the stars. "...Johnathon is such a show off." he grumbled as he made his way effortlessly to his own little bed. "goodnight Phedre. sleep well. if you need anything, please wake me up." he ordered as he crawled into his own bed.

Phedre flushed looking away from him, biting her lip.”Yes. That would be awkward.”She muttered because she’d never been on a date, she wasn’t willing to consider what it was going to be like. Nodding at his words she looking amused at the sight of the snowflakes, but for the moment willing to let it go as she changed clothes, looking willing to be cuddled as she settled into her bed to sleep. Shifting to stare at the ceiling she smiled in the darkness, “Its pretty though, so don’t give him a to hard of a time about it.”She said before nodding in the darkness.”I will.goodnight alexei.”She said yawning as she fell asleep.

he chuckled a little and shook his head a little. "sorry, Johnathon is a bit obsessive." he admitted with a sly grin. "You do look very nice in white though." he admitted. "like a fairy tale princess." he admitted softly. "of course i have to give him a hard time!" he gasped, sounding mortified. "who else is going to? if i don't do it, his head will swell up tot he size of the castle and we'll NEVER get rid of him!" he teased as he chuckled and went to sleep himself. in the morning she was woken to the smells of breakfast and the sounds of Johnathon and Alexei talking about the 'schedule for the day'. "i'll run the itinerary by her and see what she feels like. she's still pretty shaken i think. it's not often you find out your the ruler of an entire kingdom after all... and Johnathon? if i find out about you trying to set her up on dates, i'll kick your ass." he warned before stepping back into the room and closing the door with his foot. there was a large tray of food in one hand, and a huge book tucked under the other. "good morning Lady Winter." he chirped once he saw that she was awake. "i brought you the Histories and your breakfast." he explained. "and yelled at Johnathon." he admitted with a snicker as he handed her the large tray full of pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns, orange juice, milk, cereal, toast, and two large cups of coffee. "that one's mine." he stated, picking up one of the cups of Coffee and sighed happily as he sipped on it as he dropped the book. it was massive. it was made of a thick leather, intricately designed. it was as wide as her forearm, as long as her elbow to fingertips, and was over four inches thick. how in the hell had he carried that with one arm?

Phedre smiled a little as she woke, smiling sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, laying still just so she could listen to the two talking. Looking amused as she sat up as alexei came back in, “Good morning.”She said smiling at him as she took the tray, laying it across her legs to start eating, looking at the book a little wide eyed.”Its huge!I’ll never get through it.”She said sounding anxious, frowning at him. Poor girl, was so hurt by her families rejection that she didn’t want to disappoint, and it made her fearful of disappointing these two men who had been so kind, even if they wanted something from her, they had been kind.

he chuckled a little and shook his head. "relax. that is the Histories. it's the collective history of all of our people. every battle, every war, every ruler, lord, and even commoner who did something amazing, is in that book. you don't have to read the whole thing." he promised her. "Johnathon has already bookmarked the sections that are important to you." he promised, pointing to color coded tags sticking out of the book. "while our history is important, you don't need to know everything. just read what he bookmarked to start with, and if you still find it interesting, read it in your own time for fun. you might need to reference it from time to time, but it's easy to find specific information in there." he promised her as he took another drink of his coffee. "i had the same lessons about our histories when it was found out i had the bloodline capabilities to become a 'Guide' so i can assist you with the book." he promised with a smile. "it will be no problem, i promise. that being said, there are a few things that need to be done today. this is the suggested Itinerary." he offered, handing the girl a slip of paper. there wasn't much on it.

1: Fitting for new clothes.
2: awakening the Winter Stone
3: lesson planning
4: hiring castle staff.

that was all there was. "the hiring staff can easily be delegated to another person. i'd make Johnathon do it unless you don't feel comfortable with him doing it. with you back in the castle, there are certain roles that need to be filled. such as a handmaiden, a cook, things like that." Alexei explained. "we'll need maids to keep things clean and of course, in a few months you'll probobly have your inauguration. you'll need a lot of maids to keep the rooms and the loyal lords comfortable." he admitted. "but you don't have to worry about that, the most important thing is awakening the Winter Stone. but Johnathon will do that history lesson himself." he promised her with a smile. "lesson planning is basically him finding out where you are in schooling, what you need help with and such, as well as etiquette and dance lessons so that the popinjays can't try to make you look like a fool." he admitted. "not that they could, just give them a proper tongue lashing and they'll leave you alone... but again, you won't have to worry about that for some time yet."

Phedre stared at him before looking utterly relieved about the idea of not having to read everything. She could handle that. And since Alexei had read it, she could have some help remembering things. Laughing softly she nodded.”I might do that. Reading is nice.”She muttered as she ate, glancing at the paper before frowning.”Winter stone?”She said looking slightly worried, not knowing what it was before nodding at his suggestion.

“I would like him to do that. Though I would like a few choices for a handmaiden…so I could choose who fits the role best for me.”She said blushing a little before nodding.”but otherwise, he may choose who would fit well.”She said staring down at the page as she figured out what she was going to be doing, before giggling a little.” “Popinjays?”She said raising a eyebrow a little before sighing.”I will worry anyways, no matter how far away meeting them is.”

he smiled a little and nodded. "yes, the Winter Stone. don't worry, it's nothing bad." he promised with a chuckle. "i don't know much about it. but it's the Keeper's Task to always make sure it is safe." he admitted. "no one bu the Keeper, and the current Snow Princess are allowed to look at it. let alone touch it. from what i understand, it is what connects the Snow Princesses powers, to the rest of the land." he admitted. "Johnathon will explain it in deeper detail later." he promised. "all i know is rumor and myth." he admitted before smirking. "yeah, popinjays. the nobles here, few as they are, are really vain and care only about making sure they look pretty." he rolled his eyes. "i hate it when i have to go to their parties. but i am the Guide, so i have to." he grumbled. "granted, until now it wasn't a job so much as it was a title." he smiled at her. "now that you're here, i can have pride in my actions." he admitted happily. "and remember, Johnathon will be with you, and i will too when you finally meet the Lords." he promised her. "now. you get dressed. i have to run to my room to get some clothes and i'll be right back to take you to the Tailor who was brought in." he promised her. "take your time to eat and wake up before getting started on the day."

“Okay then.”Phedre smiled, “It would be nice to know where my powers come from, or how they’re connected to the land.”She mused before tilting her head,”Well,then we will have to visit together. I am not sure I will enjoy speaking to them.”She said looking bemused at the idea of the lords before nodding, blushing a little because he was so very pleased for her to be here.”I’ll get ready then.”She said smiling as she watched him go, before settling in to finish breakfast then g et ready.

By the time he got back, she was dressed in a pair of nicely fit cream colored jeans and a icy blue top, looking amused as she looked at him from where she was looking out the window.”Welcome back. Time to go to the tailor?”She asked already walking towards him.

he grinned a little and nodded. "it is a fascinating subject isn't it? one that's greatly protected." he admitted simply. "with no one knowing how, the title of monarch is inherently protected." he admitted with a grin. "meaning that not just anyone can become the ruler of Winter Lands." he admitted simply before leaving. when he came back, he was dressed in what looked like a formal outfit. his pants where black and clung tightly to his legs, but flexed so that they wouldn't get in the way if he had to move quickly. he wore a black shirt with a white Snowflake on the back, and a black leather jacket with the same insignia. "..." he nearly died when he saw her. he hadn't noticed before, due to his excitement... but the Lady Winter was simply gorgeous. beautiful in so many ways. "huh? o..oh! right. yes the Tailors..." he muttered, blinking at her as he adjusted the sword that was laying across his back and the gun on his hip. he looked the part of a bodyguard so much more now. "the Tailor has set up here in the castle until his task is done." Alexei admitted. "she's down in the conference room right now. we thought you might be more comfortable with a woman making your clothes." he admitted with a smile. "and she's been sworn to secrecy." he promised her. "she's very loyal." he explained as he led the way down the stairs.

"My Lady Winter. may i introduce Alexis Valhalla. my sister." he stated, introducing a beautiful woman with emerald eyes and straw blond hair wearing a beautifully made white dress with black flowers here and there. "Good morning my Lady." Alexis stated with a curtsey. "it is an honor to be chosen." she flashed a smirk at Alexei. "though i think i might have an unfair advantage in that regards." she admitted simply. "first things first. Alexei! get out!" Alexis demanded, flinging a stapler at his head, the man squealing as he fled. "there! no annoyances now." Alexis stated, patting her hands clean. "first we'll take you're measurements My Lady." she explained with a smile. "and then you'll pick fabrics and colors that you like." she explained. "as well as designs if you have any particular fancy for anything specific."

Phedre stared at him as he looked at her, flushing a little as she shifted.”Do I need to change?Is it okay?”She said looking down at herself in quiet anxiety, taking his silence as disproval. Swallowing hard she sighed softly, looking pleased.”Good.I am glad to have another woman to talk to.”She said as she followed the other downstairs, looking startled to be meeting his sister.

“Good morning.”She said awkward, “Do not bow or do that. I am not used to it.”She said looking at him, before sighing softly, trying to relax. Looking bemused at the siblings interaction before looking at her. “Pants. Sweaters. Snug fitting things. I ride horses, I do not like clothes getting in the way.”She said blushing a little before shrugging.”I do not know clothes well, it is…not something I got a lot of practice doing, shopping and the like.”She said shrugging a little.

Alexei coughed a little. "you look very nice." he assured the other. "very beautiful." he assured her with a smile. "you really know how to pick clothes that bring out the color of your eyes." he admitted simply. "i hadn't noticed until now just how pretty they where." he admitted with a smile. "oh yes, women talk... joy." he grumbled playfully, watching as his sister curtseyed and Alexis blinked. "eh? i'm sorry i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. it's simply the polite thing to do." she admitted with a smile. "if it makes you feel better, most people curtsey and bow to one another, it's just polite. different bows can mean different things, but i suppose you won't have had lessons in that yet. i just hated those!" she admitted with a giggle. "it was almost as bad as the history lessons! those where a drag. i had a horrible teacher, he just talked for hours! not like Johnathon or Alexei does. they really know how to make lessons enthralling." Alexis admitted with a smile.

"snug clothes then, that's easy enough to do, though you will need a few loose and flowing clothes, as well as dresses... hmmm." she circled the other girl. "you would look best in lighter colors... dark colors will make you look pale, almost sickly." she mused. "just leave it to me Lady Winter!" she promised the other girl as she pulled out a measuring tape. "now, i'll start with your arms... please hold them up..." and with that, they got started. Alexis chattering about nonsense and the lessons she'd had and that Alexei would probably be taking. she talked the most about the festival that was coming up. "the Winter Blossom Festival is very important. it's the day that the Winter Roses start to bloom. they only grow here, and even the rebels and the soldiers stop fighting in order to celebrate the birth of our kingdom." she admitted with a smile. "you see, the Festival is based on a very old legend."

she paused and started measuring the other girls hips and marked the measurement down. "Legend says that when the world was new, the Goddess looked down and saw only heat, and fire, and dead things. so she brought down the clouds, blew cold air into them, and made this land of ice and snow." Alexis explained. "as she blew, life rippled across the land, but only one thing grew, a single pure flower, that was almost completely transparent, like ice. it grew to maturity, and then died, the petals falling to the cold ground one by one... but the next year, more Roses came up, each little petal, had become a new rose. and so they spread across the cold land, and the Goddess was delighted with what had been created. she wished to grant the flowers a wish, and blew ever so gently upon the petals. the Flowers wished for only one thing. someone to admire their beauty. and so, when the petals fell and they died once more, a new magic was born in their petals. and when the roses grew the next year... something new happened. where the smallest petal fell, a child sprang forth. and the Goddess looked upon it, and knew it was special, for it had been born of ice and magic, and so she blessed the child, and brought two people from other lands to protect her, and blessed them as well." she smiled. "and thus was born the Winter Lands, the Guides, the Keepers, and the Snow Princess." she smiled at Phedre. "it is the most beautiful Festival of the year."

“I start lessons today, or soon. I forget what they said. But I will learn.”She said looking amused before blushing a little.”Just phedre, Alexis, please. At least when we are alone. I grew up just a girl, I would like to not lose myself under just being a princess.”She said before her smile brightened at the idea of winter roses, and even if she had never seen them, it was obvious the woman loved winter.”That will be nice to see. But Ido not know if I will be able to go. Not everyone will know I am here yet.”She said sounding thoughtful.

“Wow…that is a beautiful story.And maybe why the snow princess still exists….for magic cannot die, not truly.”She said smiling a little before nodding.”Lighter colors would be well. I look sick if I wear dark.”She said before sighing softly.”Will you be able to have a dress done for the festival, if I am indeed going?”

Alexis smiled a little and nodded. "Phedre then. i like that name, it's so pretty!" she chirped, smiling at Phedre. "and don't worry, you won't loose yourself to being a Princess, you where born one, even if you didn't know it. the way you carry yourself, the way you talk, it's evident to me that you are already royal in your own way." she admitted with a smile. "you are graceful and wise, and you will lead our people well, no matter your choices." she promised. "and of course you will be able to go! everyone goes. even if we have to disguise you." she smiled at her. "and i can certainly have a beautiful dress made for you by then." she promised, smiling at her. "i already have a wonderful idea for one! you'll look beautiful!" she murmured as she finished the measurements and wrote the last of them in her book. "and i'll beat Alexei up if he tries to tell you that you can't go." she promised smiling at the princess. "he's my twin, but he is too week to stand up against the fury of a woman." she admitted with a small giggle. "you go on, i'll have everything you need by the end of the week!" she promised, examining the measurements. "lets see... some white, some red, a little blue, maybe a few creams..." she mumbled as she wandered over to her massive collection of fabrics. most for the clothes she needed where already made at her shop in nearly the correct sizes, she only had to make a few adjustments. but the dresses would have to be made specially. especially the one for the Winter Rose festival. "all done?" Alexei asked with a smile as he peeked into the doorway. "thank goodness. did you have fun at least?" he asked smiling at Phedre. "i hope you don't mind me bringing in my sister, but she was the only one i could think of that wouldn't fuss and fawn over you."

“Well. It is good to hear that I will not make a fool of myself just by trying to be a princess.”She said silently laughing, looking pleased with the other woman’s words, before smiling wider.”Good. Then you shall have to come with me. I will need a woman to speak to, if I have to be with your brother and Johnathan.”She said thoughtfully before laughing as she left the other woman to her ideas, looking up at alexei as he came back in.”I did.Thank you.”She said smiling as she left the room with him, smiling wider.”It like her. She told me about the festival, and I invited her to attend with me.”She said smiling as they walked.

Alexis beamed at her. "you could never make a fool of yourself Phedre." she admitted, smirking. "even if you made a mistake, or wore silly clothes, you could just make a law saying that it's the way it has to be." she admitted with a grin. "all you have to do is to make everyone think you know exactly what you're doing, even if you don't have a clue!" she admitted with a smile. "it's easy! Alexei does it all the time!" "i heard that!" Alexei protested, laughter in his voice. because after all, it was sort of true. "i'm glad you had fun, and i'm doubly glad you like her..." he paused and then a panicked look came over his face. "oh my god i forgot all about the Festival!" "i told you he was an idiot!" Alexis called, Alexei grimacing. "Shut up Alexis!" Alexei demanded with a sigh. "oh well. i'll just wear the same thing i wore last year..." "YOU WILL NOT! you are a Guide! you will look the part! i already have your suit finished." Alexis stated with a prim sniff, making Alexei beam at her. "your the best Ali!" "go away Alexei! i'm WORKING." Alexei snickered and led the way out into the halls again. "i can't beleive i forgot about the festival." he groaned, running a hand through his hair. "but it would be good to go with Alexis." he admitted with a smile. "and it will be easy to hide you. we'll just tell people your from another country. which is true!" he admitted with a smile. "visiting Family... which is mostly true!" he admitted with a chuckle. "no one will look twice at you... wel, no they might stare a lot, but that will be because you'll be too gorgeous not to stare at. Sis is the best at what she does." he admitted. "she can even make a slob like me look good!"

Phedre laughed at that.”Then I shall. I’ll just have to remember that I’m allowed doing what I want.”She snorted looking amused at the twins arguments before looking up at alexei, biting her lip a little. Before looking relieved when he said that they would be going. It would be okay then. Looking amused as she glanced over at him,”well, you had a good excuse. It would be hard to remember something like a festival when you’re rescuing a princess.”She said relaxing before sighing softly, sadly. She wished she had family to visit, but even if she wanted to, she had no one except her parents, no one here. It hurt even if she knew she would be better here. Laughing quietly she rolled her eyes.”Flatterer.”She teased at his words, even though she blused.

Alexis smirked at her and winked and Alexei sighed a little. "not much of an excuse, considering we have this festival every year on the very same day as it always is." he grumbled. "i should have remembered weeks ago but it completely slipped my mind." he admitted with a small chuckle as he smiled at her. "... hey, cheer up." he ordered softly, offering her a small smile. "you don't have a family here right now, but someday, you'll meet a great guy, and you'll love him with all of your heart, and you'll get married and have kids, and start a brand new, better family, all your own." he promised her. "you have me, and Alexis now, you won't be alone anymore, i promise." he stated before flushing a little as he sulked. "besides, it's not flattery, it's honesty!" he complained before smiling at her. "you really don't know how beautiful you are, do you Phedre?" he asked, his head tilted. "well... come on, Johnathon is waiting."

“Well, if you want to feel bad, I can’t stop you. I was just trying to make you feel better.”She said rolling her eyes a little before smiling, flushing at his words.”Well, I shall look forward to that. I want a family, and I’ll just have to include you two. Family of heart, not blood.”She muttered to herself before flushing, looking at him.”I don’t know what your talking about.”She said scowling a little before nodding.”Lets go. No need to keep him waiting.”She said walking with him to where Johnathon was.

Back
Top Bottom