Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Land- Lady/Moon

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was just another day for the people living in the small city, just another Wednesday full of school and after class clubs and various other things to keep a person busy. It was a very nice day out, and school was only just letting out. For one such high school girl, a girl known as Phedre Winter, life was about to get a lot more interesting than another normal day. A young man was standing outside the school gates, waiting for one Phedre to step out of the school, and be alerted to her new status in life. He had no doubt that this in and of itself was going to be a very hard challenge. The Winter line had thought to be dead, extinct over five hundred years ago. To have the bloodline awoken so suddenly... it was a shock to say the least. Alexei Valhalla had never expected this, but he was proud, and glad to be the one chosen to ensure the Princesses... their only hopes, life and safety.

And there she was! As beautiful as he had expected. He stepped forward and right before everyone addressed Phedre. “My Lady Winter.” he intoned, giving her a deep bow on bended knee. “i am Alexei Valhalla, your humble Retainer.” he informed her, remaining in the kneeling position. “i am here to inform you of your birthright, My Lady.” he informed her as he stood up, looking down at her with eyes that shone like emerald and hair like spun sunlight. He was tall, and handsome and several of the other girls where swooning about him, giggling and whispering about how Phedre was getting such attention from such a HUNK! He stood there, silently, awaiting for her affirmation of his attentions, blinking at her. “if you question my intentions, you may use my phone to call your parents. I have already seen them this morning.” he explained to her, handing her a cellphone. “they told me that I would find you here.”

(hehhehe ha, its eiri!XDD)

Phedre was a pale blond, with hair so white and fine it was as close to snow as one would consider. Even with her Viking of a father’s bloodline, and centuries worth of norse blood in her veins, the woman was still the pale beauty of the winter line. Studying the man in front of her, she looked startled, and even more as he knelt. “Uhh….”phedre stared, having no idea what to say, because this was so abnormal, and well…taking the phone from him she dialed her house, and after a few minutes talking to her parents she frowned at him again.

“Whatever do you want?”She said sounding annoyed, having no idea what to expect from the man in front of her, expect annoyance that he was disturbing her life.

it's who?)

he watched silently as she spoke to her parents, who did indeed confirm that the man was harmless... well to her anyway, and that he was an important dignitary from another country. "all of my paperwork and proof is back in your home Lady Winter." he stated when she demanded to know what he wanted. "but i am here to provide you with safety. you are an incredibly important person My Lady, one who we of the land of the Winter Realms have waited almost five hundred years for." he explained. "i am here, for the moment, to be your bodyguard." he admitted simply, offering her a small smile. "i am afraid you really have no choice in the matter in any case. please go about your day normally." he offered, bowing to her, this time from the waist. "and please don't be afraid to command anything of me. for now, your parents are waiting for you." he informed her. "we should return to your home so i can explain in more detail, without the risk of speaking of such things in such a public setting." he stated, his eyes scanning the crowds warily for any hint of trouble.

he followed her home, her parents looking over a table full of documentations, maps, genealogies, and old Decrees. Alexei stepped inside after Phedre, well aware he was an annoying presence to her. frankly, he didn't care. it was his job to provide her with everything that she needed, including protection, meals, clothing, and anything else she might desire. "now then. please sit, and i will explain everything in detail." he stated, kneeling on the floor in front of the Coffee table where all of his things where laid out. "i am here, because your daughter, and thus you, is part of an ancient royal line who we thought had died out centuries ago." he admitted simply. "the Winter Lands, is a very small kingdom...er, country, near Russia." he explained. "around five hundred years ago, the Kingdom...er, country, was a thriving, beautiful place thanks to the Snow Princess. she kept our lands safe, and our people and land happy and healthy with the use of very unique capabilities that has only just reawakened in Lady Phedre." he explained, indicating the girl. "the people where happy until the Vikings came. they came, they slaughtered, they conquered, and some moved on, and some stayed." he explained.

"during the massive raid, the Snow Princess went missing. she was presumed to have died, the entire Royal Line was completely slaughtered. there was no one left to rule the land and the people fell into anarchy and misery." he admitted, looking vaguely upset about that. "your kingdom is... admittedly, in a state of Civil War, and has been since the fall of the Royal Line. with the birth of a new Snow Princess, the people will stop fighting about who get's to rule." he admitted, blinking at Phedre. "you are the Winter Lands last hope, Lady Phedre." he stated, bowing his head to her. "you are the last of the Royal Line with an Active bloodline."

(your picture. Its eiri yuki from gravitation.><’)

“Then go away!If you have to listen to me, go away!”Phedre snarled at him, digging her heels in. even if she wasn’t aware of it consciously, the woman was very aware that somehow this man was going to change her life, and she didn’t want to. Frowning at him she sighed before letting him take her home.

Listening to him talk she growled quietly, running her hands through her hair as she rested her head in her hands.”No. I will not go. This is home.”She said frowning, despite knowing that she had to go, that there was no way she was not going, she didn’t want to. She really, really didn’t want to know. Glaring at her parents as they spoke to her quietly, she looked at alexei, before sighing softly.

“When will we have to go?”She said after a moment.

.... never heard of it. is it any good?)

he smiled a little. "i am afraid that is one request i cannot accomplish." he stated simply. looking rather amused by her. he followed her in silence, making sure he was mostly out of her line of sight, lest she decide to strike at him or something. no need to antagonize the Princess anymore than he was already doing. he almost felt sorry for her when she hid her face in her hands, but she was the only hope at all that they would have a kingdom at all in the next few years. things where starting to boil, so much so, that the only person who even knew that a Snow Princess had been found was Alexei, and the Keeper. they had been worried that someone might send assassins after the princess if they where to find out. "we can leave at your convenience My Lady." he stated simply. "whenever you are ready. i will stay by your side at all times i am afraid. unfortunately due to the chaotic nature of things, someone might find out about your existence and try to have you killed. people are greedy and they would be all too eager to have you killed so that they could have an advantage. right now only myself and the Keeper knows of your existence, but that could change, and we would have no way of knowing."

(the manga is, and the tv series is okay, but I prefer the books.)
Phedre sighed softly as she processed what she was hearing, before looking up at him. “We will leave as soon as I pack a few things.”She said before walking out of the room. While she knew she should be worried, or packing everything, she returned in a few moments with just a messenger bag with a few outfits and some keepsakes that were hers. Looking at her parents she smiled, saying a quiet goodbye. While she loved them deeply, they weren’t close, hadn’t been close in years, ever since she’d started showing signs of a bloodline that had laid dormant in her. Looking at alexei she smiled, a little sickly, a little nervous about this.

“Are you ready?”

he nodded a little watching her intently as he studied the relationship between the parents and the daughter. he had offered to let the parents come, but they had declined. he had a feeling that they where somewhat afraid of their daughter. and that was just sad in so many ways. "i am always ready My Lady." he assured her as he stood up and collected his things. "your Limo is on it's way, and your private jet is being prepared. it will be a long flight." he warned her. "there will be entertainment on the plane, but it will be a twenty six hour flight." he informed her. "there will be a few stops as well, so you will be able to get off and explore a few times if you desire." he promised her, leading the way out the door as a long, pure white Limo pulled up. event he windows had somehow been tinted white. "if you want, we have several hours before the Jet is ready My Lady. is there anyone you wish to see before we depart?" he asked, watching her. he had a feeling that her bloodline had estranged her from.. well, everyone. and that wasn't right. her bloodline was supposed to be a gift! the last Snow Princess had been loved by everyone! and here she was... being... hated. ostracized even. he felt the urge to strangle someone.

“Are you a boyscout then, always prepared?”Phedre mutered snickering a little as she looked at him, nodding slightly as she patted her bag.”I have a few books to read on the flight.”She said looking a little worried, because while she didn’t dislike flying, it still made her nervous. Slipping into the limo she stared out the window as it started to move. Avoiding looking at alexei she shook her head.”No…there is no one.”She said sadly, because it was true. While she had some…acquaintances, people she’d talk to while in class, there was no one that she felt obligated to say goodbye to because they would mourn her leaving. No one had been willing to stand beside her once they realized just how different she was.

Alexei smirked a little. "no. just well organized and well trained." he stated simply. "a Guide like myself must always be ready to act when the Princess is ready to go. it is out duty to provide you with safety and we take that duty very seriously..." here he paused. "Granted... i'm the only one left, but that's besides the point." he stated with a small shrug. he paused when she claimed that there was no one and he sighed softly. "that's not right." he growled. "the Snow Princess is supposed to be loved and adored." he complained, scowling. "her powers... YOUR powers are granted by the Gods to nurture and protect our land." he explained. "from the people, to the very slice of earth we live on... even the Animals will adore you!... or their supposed to." he ran a hand through his hair. "the world is such a messed up place these days. but i know that together, we can make the Winter Lands one of the most beautiful places on earth again." he admitted as he smiled at her. "you will have freinds again My Lady. i know it." he knew better than to offer his own friendship just yet. she was likely still aching from leaving home, and didn't like him much in the first place. "would you like to see pictures of the Winter Lands? i have dozens." he admitted. "no one is allowed in certain areas, so their still pretty."

Phedre giggled a little, sounding amused even if sad at his description.”well, it seems that I am lucky then.”She muttered sighing quietly, looking amused that she was having the only one left, when she was the last of her own kind. Looking amused even more at his protests she glanced at him.”I am neither well liked, nor adored.”She said shrugging a little before sighing softly. Staring out the window before shifting, looking over at him.”I would. If I must travel, I should see the place where I am going.”She said sitting up straighter, moving to look at him.

he offered her a smug little smirk. "i can honestly say i'm the best at what i do." he joked with a small chuckle before he sobered. "that will change, i am sure." he promised her before smiling as he opened a manilla envelope and slid out pictures of a winter paradise. there where waterfalls, massive snow laden forests, warm snow coated cottages and frozen lakes. there where also pictures of the things dripping and the water moving, so at least it wasn't completely frozen all the time. "the Snow never really leaves." he admitted with a smile. "but then, i imagine you like the cold right?" he asked her, his head tilted. most of what they knew about the Snow Princess was simply rumor and speculation. they had never thought to keep track of a Snow Princess's likes and dislikes to compare to one another. they knew repetitively little about what they where capable of as well. he knew she could freeze things, and if she was angry or upset it would snow, or sometimes storm, but he didn't know much else. "this is a picture of the castle." he explained, handing her a last picture. "pretty isn't it?"

(here's some pretty pictures!
Castle
Street
cave
river

“It’s so beautiful.”She said softly, looking pleased at the winter paradise. While she might not be eager to go, or wanting to go really, she couldn’t deny that she was being taken to somewhere beautiful. Nodding a little at his question she bit her lip a little.”I do. Much more then the summer months.”She said looking pleased that she would be among people who understood her craving to be out in the wintery world before eyes widening, nodding quickly. “It is. Beautiful.”She muttered, “The perfect place for one who loves the snow.”She muttered smiling a little. For the first time, really relaxed since he had met her.

he smiled a little at her and nodded. "it really is... granted the areas where people live is... well it's a bit War torn but that can easily be fixed." he promised her with a grimace. "i have to warn you, it's... it's a pretty horrid sight, the villages." he admitted. "the two factions who are fighting one another for control usually take it out on the villages who are trying to stay out of it. the Royal Guard do their best to contain the fighting but there's only so much that a handful of soldiers can do." he admitted softly. "there are specific things you can do to manipulate people's emotions once within your castle." he admitted. "and doing that will help calm down the fighting." he admitted. "i'm just... not sure how you do that. mot of the 'Old Ways' and information about the powers of a Snow Princess where lost." he admitted with a small sigh. "i hate dragging you into this, but your the last hope that the Winter Lands has. if something isn't done, there won't BE a Winter Land..." he admitted softly.

Phedre bit her lip as she considered that, sighing softly.”It will be something to do…something they will be willing to help me fix?”She said looking up at him, because more then anything, she wanted someone to care about her, to need her help, instead of feeling lost with the power that she had, but had never been able to use. “I’ve never…been able to influence others for long…”She said not looking hopeful before sighing softly looking down, staring at her knees. Looking lost and not sure what to think. “I will try to help. I will.”She said worried about what would come.

he smiled at her as he nodded. "the two factions will fight you, i think." he admitted. "but most of the unaffiliated, most of the villagers will rally behind you." he promised. "you don't have to be good at it, it's one of my jobs to teach you, even to write your speeches if i have to." he assured her with a smile. "it might take a month or two, but i can promise you that you will be the princess you want to be." he assured her. "you need to understand though, you need to be yourself. don't try to be someone your not, if you are unhappy, the Land will be unhappy." he explained, smiling at her as he took her hand and held it in his. "it will be alright. your presence alone will be a great help. and you won't be alone, you have me, and the Keeper for one thing. as well as all of the Royal guard, as few as they are at the moment. and the villagers will join you as well, eager to have the True rulers in power." he promised, patting her hand. "The Gods, i am sure, will aid you. you where chosen by them, i have full faith in you and your abilities." he promised with a smile.

Phedre’s fingers twisted around each other as she twisted her hands anxiously, more worried then she let on. “Then I will work on speeches….I have always been good at talking, even if no one wanted to listen.”She said staring down before smiling a little at him as she looked over, nodding slightly. “Then we will heal the land…and I will try not to be anyone else. IT didn’t do well here, I think it would work even less in the winter lands.”She said sadly, saying goodbye to her life wasn’t as hard as it should have been, but it was still frightening.

he smiled a little. "as long as your talking, i don't think anyone will really care." he admitted simply. "you should always be, who YOU want to be." he stated with a small smile as the Limo came to a stop in front of an air strip. "here we are. our plane is in there. we'll have to go through Security." he warned, checking his pockets to make sure he had his badge and the weapons he'd need to keep her safe. he led her through the tiny airport and far before she'd have expected, they where sitting in a very comfortable jet. it was like first class times ten. it looked more like a living room than an airplane. there was even a massive TV and a mini fridge. "the armchairs and the sofa's all have seat-belts for take off, landing, and turbulence, but you won't need to worry about them until then. we still have a few hours before take off." Alexei explained simply as he motioned for her to make herself comfortable. "is there anything that i can get for you?"

Phedre was quiet and thoughtful as she walked through the airport, looking around her as she clung to the strap of her messenger bag, looking calm but the tight grip on her bag said she wasn’t that calm. Settling back in her seat she settled in, before shrugging.”A drink? Just something cold.”She said as she dug in her bag to get her book out, trying to be calm and not be as worried about doing this as she really was.

he hesitated as he watched her, wondering what it must be like to so suddenly find out you had to save an entire country from war. she looked rather terrified. nothing that anyone else could see, but the Snow Princess was said to always be calm and collected, he had learned to read other signs. "we can wait, a few days if you would rather, My Lady?" he offered softly. "the kingdom can last that long." he assured her before opening the mini fridge and pulling out a nice cold can of pop. "is Coke alright? we have mountain dew, diet coke, and root-beer too if you'd rather that." he offered, worried about her. she was so... fragile, almost. not that he'd ever admit that aloud. he liked his head where it was at.

“No. No, it wouldn’t be better. The people need peace, and if being with them, even just by being present, would make it easier, I shall do it.”She said trying to focus on her book before nodding.”Coke’s fine.”She said holding out a hand. After a lifetime of being left alone, outcast, the snow princess was fragile, at least on the outside. But beneath the broken hearted woman who had never been accepted, there was a core of steel, tempered by her parents dislike for her, and forged into a warrior. She would just need time to discover it

he smiled at her, pleased with her resolve. Phedre wouldn't back down, no matter how hard it got he knew that she would never give up. he handed her the cold Coke and sat down, picking up a Gameboy DS and started smacking monsters about with a silent intensity. "Lady Winter?" he asked suddenly, looking up at her. "you know that you won't be left alone right? i will always be by your side to protect, guide, and assist you. that is my promise to you." such a loyal man, his brilliant eyes burned wth an intensity that proved the promise to be true.

Phedre looked up startled at his words, studying him for a long moment before nodding, quiet because she had learned that everyone left her, no matter what other’s said. “I would like that.”She said before settling in to read.

Hours later Phedre stared out the window as they landed, her hands fidgeting and twisting the strap on her bag, her face calm and at peace, but inside she was being tormented by her fear to fail, to not be enough. Standing slowly she looked over at him.”We should go.I am sure that someone is expecting you.”She said after a moment as she stepped towards the door.

he smiled at her as she nodded and then went back to his game. by the time they landed, he was sleeping on the Sofa, and grumbled as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. "we're there..." he stated, blinking out the window as he stretched and groaned as he stood up. "no one knows i've left." he stated simply. "no one knows yet that you're here. this will give you a chance to get used to things before you have to handle any people... aside from me and the Keeper anyway." he admitted. "we're going to go right into that carriage." it was an old fashioned one, all the windows covered so that no one could see inside. it would keep anyone from knowing she was there... strangely though, the carriage wasn't being pulled by horses, but rather by very large reindeer. there was also no driver. "if you'll step inside." he stated gently, opening the door for her. "it will only be a fifteen minute trip." he promised her. "the Keeper will be waiting for us at the castle." he informed her, gently shutting the door behind her before settling into the drivers seat and clicking at the reindeer, who snorted and pawed at the ground before setting off.

soon she was at the castle, and Alexei called back to her that it was safe to open the curtains if she wanted to. she would be rewarded with the picture perfect view of the castle. "Welcome home My Lady." he stated offering her a smile as he leaned over to make sure she was alright. they stopped in front of the steps, where a rather old man was waiting. he was dressed in a tux, and looked like a traditional butler. "My Lady, may i introduce Johnathon Keys. the Keeper." Alexei stated as he let Phedre out of the Carriage. "He is in charge of the castle. he makes sure it is clean, that the proper people have been hired to keep it clean... he basically runs everything. but more importantly, he is the guardian, or the Keeper, of every important text, book, jewel, or history. he is the one who protects the Crowns, the scepters, and our peoples history and laws." Alexei explained. "he will be your tutor in the history and culture of your people." granted she could change any law and the culture as she pleased, but that wasn't the point. Johnathon bowed to her. "i am at your disposal My Lady."

Phedre looked over at him, biting her lip a little.”Okay…well, that’s good.”She muttered relaxing a little as she realized she’d have a little bit of time to adjust. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. Looking pleased as she realized to that no one would be able to see her. Stepping into the carriage she nodded, looking nervous about meeting someone else as she settled back on the cushions.

Moving the curtain as she was told it was fine to look, she smiled slightly as she did. “I’m fine.”she reassured as he looked at her, before sighing quietly as she got out of the carriage, nodding.”You may.”She said trying to remember how she’d seen every princess in movies act. Biting her lip as she listened to him, she swallowed hard, “T-thank you. For keeping everything together while I was gone.”She said looking nervous at the idea before gesturing for him to straighten.”Then my you show me a bed?I would like to sleep.”She said smiling slightly.

he smiled a little at her and nodded. the drive tot he castle was a peaceful, pretty one, because the Airport was very close to the castle so the civilians weren't allowed near it. no need to let one of ht fractions take a plane and do untold disasters with it after all. but some of the workers, or villagers could still be lurking about so he didn't want to take any chances. he was glad that she was fine, well that she claimed anyway.they both looked amused at her attempts to be regal and Johnathon smiled at her. "there is no need for any of that Your Majesty." he promised her. "we will have etiquette lessons later but for now, you must be exaughsted." Johnathon stated, leading the way inside. "Tomorrow, i will show you the Histories. the written accounting of every moment of the Winter Lands. we are some of the oldest people." he explained to her as they walked. "some of our bloodlines can be traced back to the inventor of Winter Lands written word." he admitted with a small chuckle. "Your bloodline in fact, is very rare and rich." he explained. "you are a direct descendant of the last Snow Princess. that is the only way to have the powers that you hold."

Back
Top Bottom